PDA

View Full Version : Prank Called itp

Mr. Mud
2008-08-02, 12:25 PM
:furious: This mourning at about 4am I was awakened by a prank call from a "friend" who blocked his number... It's not that big of a deal, but he pushes stuff like this too far... does anyone know a way short of calling the police to get his number back? Something like 1(800) number I could call? (preferabley toll-free :smallwink:.)

Thanks.

Mud.

randman22222
2008-08-02, 12:27 PM
Mourning?

Anyway, short of having that display on your phone that gives you the number of who's calling, the best thing would be to call your phone company and request that.

Explain what happened, but they might refuse because his phone number could be "private information" which is a load of bull that I'm trying to find out a response to. I'll post in a bit.

Mr. Mud
2008-08-02, 12:31 PM
Ahh okay... or maybe you could take the first flight out of Abu Dhabi and we could jump him :smallbiggrin:

It'd be nice practice for the scientists eh?

randman22222
2008-08-02, 12:37 PM
Practice for scientists? Huh wuh?

Anywho, no, that'd ruin my chances of becoming a forensic scientist, regardless of how much he might deserve it. :smalltongue:

I still think your phone company is the best bet.

Mr. Mud
2008-08-02, 12:45 PM
Okay... I guess that means we can't jump him... ... :smallannoyed:.

Maybe you can get his DNA and clone him so he fights himself to the death if you wanna become a forensic scientist :smallsmile:.

randman22222
2008-08-02, 12:46 PM
It'd be pretty one-sided, dontcha think? A newborn baby that might vaguely resemble him against himself?

Lord Herman
2008-08-02, 12:51 PM
Don't be silly. Cloning produces an identical copy of a person, with the same age, the same memories, the same clothes, and the same haircut. Unless the clone is evil, in which case it may grow a goatee.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2008-08-02, 01:57 PM
Don't be silly. Cloning produces an identical copy of a person, with the same age, the same memories, the same clothes, and the same haircut. Unless the clone is evil, in which case it may grow a goatee.

Well, in that case, my clone would be Good aligned and not have a goatee :smallwink:

I thought there was a ' *70 ' or something that is an immediate callback.

Mr. Mud
2008-08-02, 02:03 PM
Well I was doing a little bit of research and I found:

- *67 will block your number
- *57 will initiate some sortof of call tracing but I didn't listen to that whole recording

I don't know about the *70 thing though...

- 1(800) PASSION wil-- WAIT!! heh heh heh... :smallredface:.

Moff Chumley
2008-08-02, 06:53 PM
I don't know, there are things that you can do to make it so if people block their caller ID they have to allow it in order for the call to connect. I don't know how to set that up, though.

Pandaren
2008-08-02, 06:57 PM
*69 Calls back last caller, or just get caller ID for next time.

The best crank calls are either when you stay quiet, or say something uttterly random.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-02, 07:14 PM
Or when you use prankdialer.com. Sends the person a call with various internet BS like Chocolate Rain or a Rick Roll.

ghost_warlock
2008-08-03, 04:43 AM

My cousin started cloning "me" way back when he was in college ('98 or so). I, myself, am the 13th clone of the original (don't read much into that, the number is simply coincidental). It actually took him six clonings to get to an evil version, who promptly buggered off to start a music carreer under the moniker 'Marilyn Manson' (this is notable because that clone specificially does not have a goatee, probably because it's also the only clone capable of shaving without slicing its face apart).

As the 13th clone, I am prone to sometimes erratic behavior, have a goatee, shave my head, have a maniacal laugh, work in a mental institute, and occasionally engage in morally questionable behavior. However, not being wholly evil, I sometimes feel pangs of guilt over growing the goatee...which I promptly forget upon attempting to shave it off. :smallfurious:

Khanderas
2008-08-04, 05:58 AM

The best crank calls are either when you stay quiet, or say something uttterly random.
Nono. best crankcall is when you call and say
"Hi, I have a huge problem. Anytime someone says 'what' I must hang up" (in semi-fast, hurried voice)
then wait... the person has a farily large chance of saying
"what ?"
Then you hang up.:smallbiggrin:

May not always be 100% effective, but to increase the chances you need to talk so fast that it's hard to understand what you said, but not too hard so he puzzles it out afterwards.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-04, 06:02 AM
Actually one of my friends tried to prank call me once (I had caller ID) I played along with it and the next morning, woke him up by beating him furiously with a pool noodle with a broom handle core. It hurts like hell but doesn't do any damage.

Zanthur
2008-08-04, 04:28 PM
One of my friends likes to call me with his number blocked. I usually know its him because he is the only person to call me with a blocked number. If its your cell phone your friend is calling, then turn your phone on vibrate or silent, or even turn it off. If its your house phone and you have a phone in your room, unplug it, or just dont answer it. If course you could always ask him not to call you in the middle of the night anymore. Personally, it doesnt bother me if someone does that to me but if they do it repeaditly, I would just silence my phone.

If someone calls me on the house phone or my cell and doesnt answer, I say "Hello?" twice and if there is no answer, I'm not going to sit there looking like a fool talking to myself, so I just hang up. If they want to talk to me, they call back.

Mr. Mud
2008-08-04, 06:15 PM
See the problem is, I need my phone for alot of other things, and can't unplug it...

Anyways, thanks all, but Problem was just resolved.*

Not without a little force though :smallwink:.