PDA

View Full Version : Insecticon?

_Puppetmaster_
2008-08-02, 04:48 PM
I'm starting a level 1 campaign and I'd like to be something that I could reflavor as an insectacon.

Could I have some help?

hotel_papa
2008-08-02, 05:35 PM
Well, if an Insecticon is what I think it is (namely, an insect themed Decepticon) then you have a few options, depending on what books you have.

An Adamantine Spider from Drow of the Underdark, A Warforged Spider from Eberron: Secrets of Xendrik, any Large or bigger mosterous vermin with the Effigy template from (I think) Complete Arcane.

Any of the Slaughterstone constructs from MM3(?) and the mechanical familiar options from Complete Warrior could be turned into bug shapes with little or no mechanical difference, besides a bonus vs. trip attacks.

Also, MM5 has some very cool, albiet high CR constructs that are themed around swarms of vermin giving them an effective "HP pool"

HP

_Puppetmaster_
2008-08-02, 05:40 PM
I don't have drow of the underdark or secrets of xendrik, so I cant use those.

Also, Effigies, Mechanical Familiars, and Slaughterstones don't transform into humanoids.

Recaiden
2008-08-02, 06:06 PM
Entomanothrope templete from Wizards web site. Were-insects. Easily refluffed.
"What's Bugging You" Article (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20040621a)

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-08-02, 06:29 PM
If you had Drow of the Underdark, I'd recommend Half-Drow Warforged with the ACF that lets them transform into Insects. Otherwise, either houserule a Were-Vermin(lycanthropy normally can't apply to insects) onto a Green Spice Addict or Renegade Mastermaker, re-fluffed, or make a Renegade Mastermaker/Warforged with a level in Shifter Druid, which tells you to make your own fluff. Alternatively, have a Wand of Polymorph on a Renegade Mastermaker/Warforged.

hotel_papa
2008-08-02, 06:37 PM
I see.

In that case, Aranea(sp?), turned into a living construct (is there a template? If not, just ad hoc a +1 CR) Easy to make multiple versions, by changing the base insect form.

Add sound effects and season to taste.

HP

Nerd-o-rama
2008-08-02, 06:46 PM
Warforged Druid with the Children of Winder Initiate feat (both from Eberron Campaign Setting). 'nuff said.

Collin152
2008-08-02, 07:20 PM
Ach, there's that one Devil, I think, what resembles a mechanical insect of some kind, isn't there? The Retriever?

Nay, a demon, as I recall.

_Puppetmaster_
2008-08-03, 09:30 AM
Those are all good ideas, but I really want to be a Warforged.

Is there a way to apply the Entomanthrope template to a warforged?