PDA

View Full Version : RSS Feed

MyrddinDerwydd
2008-08-03, 11:48 AM
I have the RSS feed for OOTS on my Google homepage, and nothing ever shows up properly. All I see are links to the site and a "information temporarily unavaliable" message. I have several other comic RSS feeds on there that work fine, opening to show the comic, no clicking on the link necessary.

I guess it's useful to know when a new one has been posted, but it's rather obnoxious to have it not work like it's supposed to. Is it just me or are others having this problem?:smallconfused:

RTGoodman
2008-08-03, 04:03 PM
I'm not having any sort of problem with the RSS feed, but I just use the Bookmarks Toolbar on Firefox.

I don't knolw what could be the problem, but maybe you could try clearing your browser cache and see if that helps. That's the solution to a lot of problems.

Mr. Mud
2008-08-03, 04:10 PM
Exact Same problem... where the RSS feed shows comics at random dates in some kind of order? (i.e. Numbers 373, 375, 377, 379, 381 etc...)

That happens with all my RSS feeds though, I have an odd spyware... Trying clearing you're cache, and espically philsering data.

Or maybe its a kink in the sever. :smallconfused:? Either way, Rawhide will almost definately straighten this out. :smallbiggrin:

MyrddinDerwydd
2008-08-03, 10:49 PM
well, I have no idea what philsering data are, but clearing the cache didn't seem to help. OOTS still doesn't show, and all my other ones do. :smallredface:

puppethead32
2008-08-07, 03:07 PM
The issue I seem to be having with the RSS feed, is that whenever a new comic is added (OOtS or Erf), all of the comics come in as brand new items in the feed, or at the very least they are re-flagged as new items, and the date on all of them is the date of the newest item.