PDA

View Full Version : any shield fans?

slipnslide
2008-08-03, 01:00 PM
Figured with the last season coming up, people might want to talk about how great the show is...chiklis is kickass and has been since day one...sad to see such a great show go, but i know its going to go out with a bang.

Matthew
2008-08-03, 01:59 PM
Sure, love The Shield. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to watch it since the end of season three or four... so I can't really talk about the upcoming season...

slipnslide
2008-08-08, 04:55 PM
that definitely shouldn't preclude you from watching season 7...you can get a gist for whats going on by watching some of the clips from the fx site (http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/the_shield/)...in either case, its the kind of show, where you should watch the final season even if you havent ever seen any of it...

Matthew
2008-08-08, 05:00 PM
Season seven? I am so out of the loop. Which was the season where at the end Lemonhead tried to flee to Mexico?

slipnslide
2008-08-16, 04:45 PM
Haha, yeah that was season 5, you are a season behind...you have some catching up to do, but even if you dont get season 6 in, season 7 is gonna be mega...

Irenaeus
2008-08-16, 06:37 PM
I started watching season one last week. It seemed cool, but I was in kind of a bad mood and I suspect I really just wanted to see another season of The Wire, which was rather inane of me, since the similarities between the shows seems superficial at best (they are about cops, and that's about it).

It's still lying around, and I'll give it another go, in a week or so. It seemed good, I'll just need to stop thinking about The Wire and The Comish first.

I'll get back to you then.

Matthew
2008-08-17, 11:54 AM
Haha, yeah that was season 5, you are a season behind...you have some catching up to do, but even if you dont get season 6 in, season 7 is gonna be mega...

Right you are. I will keep an eye out.

slipnslide
2008-08-24, 01:32 PM
I started watching season one last week. It seemed cool, but I was in kind of a bad mood and I suspect I really just wanted to see another season of The Wire, which was rather inane of me, since the similarities between the shows seems superficial at best (they are about cops, and that's about it).

It's still lying around, and I'll give it another go, in a week or so. It seemed good, I'll just need to stop thinking about The Wire and The Comish first.

I'll get back to you then.

I do love the wire as well...although i dont think the shows are all that similar...the shield is definitely more cop based...whereas the wire definitely showed the other aspect...shield is more indepth on the cop side...i like that about it..

LordVader
2008-08-24, 02:35 PM
I have a question. What's the song that plays on the Shield commercials on FX?

I need that song. It's awesome.

slipnslide
2008-09-02, 08:01 PM
I think you are referring to Farewell Ride by Beck...good song...

season premiere starts in an hour...just an FYI