PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Turn Undead

Roythebattousai
2008-08-03, 05:09 PM
My DM says I can trade my Turn Undead ability for any skill(spell set, class ability, etc.) I want, so long as it's not overpowered and such.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I'm an 8th level Dwarf Cleric.

Kyeudo
2008-08-03, 05:27 PM
Wait, so you already have one of the nicest abilities in the game and you want to get rid of it?

Turn Undead is the power supply for all those fun Divine feats you can get, including the almighty Divine Metamagic.

If you really must trade it for something, get Wild Shape for it. If you can't swing that, then Sneak Attack is a pretty good ability to grab, but it doesn't hold a real candle to Turn Undead.

Roythebattousai
2008-08-03, 05:33 PM
But, it only works on the Undead, so...

Theres really no point to it, I could trade it for... i dunno... some fire spell, fire kills undead too, and everything else.

So... I really don't see the point of Turn Undead.

Kyeudo
2008-08-03, 05:42 PM
Turn Undead only works on undead, yes, but some of the most powerful feats in the game burn uses of Turn Undead to power them. Divine Metamagic Persist can provide healing and boosts for the entire party all day long. Divine Power can boost your caster level by 4 for all your important spells.

Fire spell suck. Direct damage is the worst way to deal with anything. Cripple it instead.

There really are very few class features that are as useful to have as Turn Undead. Most of those few are on the Druid, with his Animal Companion and Wild Shape.

JellyPooga
2008-08-03, 06:41 PM
Trade it for Rebuke Undead!

That way, not only can you deal with Undead when you do encounter them AND use those shiny Divine Feats, but you also get to keep a couple of those Undead you just dealt with (Command instead of Destroy) and use them against everything else...forever!..well, until they're destroyed anyway...