PDA

View Full Version : Two-person campaign

Telonius
2008-08-04, 10:42 AM
Hello all! I have an interesting situation here: a two-character campaign. I'm DM-ing, and the player is my wife - not completely a newbie, but not all that experienced either. She's playing a Sorcerer, level 4 human. I have a DMPC set up to help (though not overshadow) her. That character is a Fighter/Ranger, bow-focused but also wielding a longsword for close quarters, basically to serve as a meatshield. Gestalt really isn't an option, since I don't want to bog things down with too much complexity. She's chosen mostly utility spells, with Invisibility as her second level, and Shocking Grasp as her only direct damage-dealing spell.

The general plot is that the Cleric of Pelor has had an important holy item (special chalice) stolen, and he suspects the church of Olidammara. A Kobold sorcerer devoted to Kurtulmak is actually behind it, and contracted out to Oli's local chapter to get the chalice. They'll chase Oli's cleric out into the wilderness as he tries to rendezvous with the Kobolds.

So, the question is this ... what sorts of encounters should this two-person crew be facing? I have several social encounters, some thugs, monstrous centipedes in the woods, and a couple of kobold gaggles, but other than that I'm drawing a blank.

Enlong
2008-08-04, 11:24 AM
Maybe you could have the Kobold tip off the church of Oli and have the party face some ticked off Clerics of Oli. Could double as a social encounter if the party realizes something's wrong and tries to Dimplomacy their way out of it.