PDA

View Full Version : I'm Officially A Driver! Woo!

The Rose Dragon
2008-08-04, 11:38 AM
As of yesterday, I'm officially a driver. I'm yet to have my driver's license in my hand, but I passed all the tests, so in a week or two, you better stay off the roads cause I'll run over you. I most definitely will.

Castaras
2008-08-04, 11:39 AM
Congratulations! :smallbiggrin:

Lady Tialait
2008-08-04, 11:41 AM
And the sidewalks will never be safe again! :smalltongue:

Zar Peter
2008-08-04, 11:42 AM
Thank goodness Turkey is far away!

Congratulations!

The Rose Dragon
2008-08-04, 11:43 AM
Zar, just to run over you, I'll come to Austria. Or wherever you are. I think it's Austria, though.

Tialait, ironically enough, I bumped into the sidewalk while parking during my test.

Supagoof
2008-08-04, 11:44 AM
Congratulations! Welcome to world of high insurance premiums and car repair bills.

Here's a tip, get an older car. They drive pretty much the same (4 wheels, an engine, and brakes), but older vehicles eventually turn the corner of losing value to gaining it back. :smallwink: Plus, parts are much cheaper when something goes wrong.

And in a related story, I'm officially off the roads. :smalltongue:
Really? No. Not really.

Ilena
2008-08-04, 11:48 AM
Oh dam ... looks like i have to start driving a tank to work ...

Fri
2008-08-04, 12:14 PM
I remember getting my first driver license. The instructor specifically advice me not to drive too much for the safety of mankind.

But I remember how I got better. Baptism by fire.

So, I was in vacation. My mom asked me to lift my kid brother to school. It wasn't really far and the traffic was fine. So I drove him.

But at the way home I took one wrong turn and all hell was breaking loose. I'm lost. Freakin heavy traffic in hot summer weather and cranky drivers. A broken bus in the middle of the road.

After I survived that ordeal in one piece and no scratch in the car, I convinced myself that if I can survive that one, I can survive anything.

Logic
2008-08-04, 12:19 PM
Crap. You aren't anywhere near Adana, are you? I am hoping that if you are, you are exaggerating your ability to run over others...

Dragonrider
2008-08-04, 12:21 PM
Congratulations! :smallbiggrin: I don't know what the age requirement is in Turkey (I'm guessing 18) but the fact is, I know I'm much younger than you and I've had my license almost exactly a year! HA! :smallamused:

[/competitiveness]

The Rose Dragon
2008-08-04, 12:41 PM
Nope, nowhere near Adana right now, but I'm coming there in a week or two, so I'll make good on my promise.

DR, hun, you're only, what, a year younger than me? A year and a half? Two years? One of them, anyway.

You silly Americans. Start driving at 16, start drinking at 21. We do them all at 18 and you don't see us complaining.

Supagoof
2008-08-04, 03:33 PM
You silly Americans. Start driving at 16, start drinking at 21. We do them all at 18 and you don't see us complaining.
Because your too busy drinking to care about not being able to drive. :smallamused:

I'd much prefer it your way. Dang kids around here, all like "Face it Grandpa, we're younger and quicker then you!*"

Yeah, but I'm older and have better insurance. *Crashes into young punks*

*cookie

The Rose Dragon
2008-08-04, 03:37 PM
Fried Green Tomatoes?

Zanthur
2008-08-04, 04:24 PM
I've been driving for 3 years now and havent had a single problem except for a rather foolish deer that decided that it wanted to see what my car looked like. up close. While I was going 45mph. I did good on my drivers test (only 11 points knocked off [for those who dont know the us driving test, you are allowed 25 points to be marked off before you fail the test]). I'm certainly not the best driver, as I speed all the time among other things, but I'm yet to be pulled over.

Congrats on your licence though! Happy driving days and try not to hit any deer.

Zar Peter
2008-08-04, 04:36 PM
Zar, just to run over you, I'll come to Austria. Or wherever you are. I think it's Austria, though.

Tialait, ironically enough, I bumped into the sidewalk while parking during my test.

You're welcome!

But I don't think I lend you my car...

And I didn't stop at a STOP signal at my test. Somehow the examiner thought I can drive anyway...

Mattarias, King.
2008-08-06, 07:59 PM
Grats! :smallbiggrin:

I... Am about to go for my third try at a driver's license. ._. I hope what they say about "third time's the charm" is true.. :smalleek: I need to drive myself to college..

Any tips?

Felixaar
2008-08-06, 09:31 PM
*starts wearing a helmet everywhere*

TRM
2008-08-06, 09:42 PM
Congratulations! You can officially start paying car insurance at an unfairly high rate until your 65 when the insurance agencies finally decide that you're safe enough to lower your rate.

But at least you can drive! And run down tourists!

de-trick
2008-08-06, 10:53 PM
get mine in november, cant wait to get my keys to my gas guzzler

ForzaFiori
2008-08-06, 10:56 PM
got my restricted about a month ago. Turns into a full license at the very end of Dec when i turn 17. only had 7 points docked, which i'm very proud of.

Hopefully my mom can get me insured soon so i can begin driving.

mockingbyrd7
2008-08-06, 11:25 PM
Everyone, GET OFF THE ROADS!

Grats!

Nychta
2008-08-06, 11:32 PM
Hah, try driving to NZ! I'm safe!

Well done!