PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Want to see OotS in Kobold Quarterly?

Armoury99
2008-08-04, 03:07 PM
Calling all stickies!!!

I know that Rich's awesome strip doesn't need the gig, but I always thought one of the biggest shames of Dragon closing down was that Order of the Stick lost a home in a Dungeons & Dragons gaming magazine - surely its true place of honour! Now, I've heard that scrappy independent gaming magazine Kobold Quarterly (http://www.koboldquarterly.com/) would love to open its "small but fierce!" doors to Rich's awesome creation if possible... Does anyone else think that this would be great? and if so, let's get a petition going!

Let me say up front (and to any mod's watching) that I'm not affiliated with Kobold Quarterly other than I have a subscription and would like to see my favourite webcomic in my favourite gaming magazine.

So... that's 1.
Anybody with me, or am I ranting and waving my placard alone? :smallsmile:

NerfTW
2008-08-04, 04:50 PM
I think a more prudent path would be for Kobold Quarterly to contact Rich Burlew directly about it. All the petitions in the world aren't going to do anything if they don't follow the usual channels a magazine would go through to hire an writer/artist.

Linkavitch
2008-08-05, 01:54 PM
Is Kobold Quarterly a web magazine, or does it deliver, or both? Cause, I mean, it would be pretty stupid if you put a webcomic on a webazine, when you can just go to the site in the first place...

Lissou
2008-08-05, 02:09 PM
Is Kobold Quarterly a web magazine, or does it deliver, or both? Cause, I mean, it would be pretty stupid if you put a webcomic on a webazine, when you can just go to the site in the first place...

I think it would be special comics made for the magazine, like it was the case with Dragon Magazine.

And even if it were the same ones, there would be the slight interest of getting more people to know about either OotS or the magazine because of that.

I'd be in favour, even though I have no idea what the magazine is, mostly because this way Rich could compile Dragon Magazine comics and comics to come in that magazine in one printed book and sell it. If the magazine allows it of course.

SteveMB
2008-08-05, 02:13 PM

I gather that the OP was talking about a continuation of the separate (i.e. standalone and not part of the main storyline) OotS strips that used to be in Dragon magazine. Ultimately, it's up to their management and the Giant.

Theodoriph
2008-08-05, 02:24 PM
How much are they willing to pay?