PDA

View Full Version : Raven Mocker (FC)

Deathtouched
2008-08-04, 05:42 PM
Alignment: Non-good
HD: d6
Class Skills: Disguise (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge(arcana) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Use Rope (Dex)
Skill Points: 4+Int Mod (x4)

Raven Mocker
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Steal Heart 1/day, Talons +1, Improved Unarmed Strike

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3|Raven's Cry 1/day

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3|Fiery Flight 1/day

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Raven's Cry 2/day

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4|Shadow Form 1/day, Talons +2, Steal Heart 2/day

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5|Raven's Cry 3/day, Fiery Flight 2/day

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+5|

8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+6|
+6|Raven's Cry 4/day

9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+6|
+6|Fiery Flight 3/day

10th|
+7/+2|
+3|
+7|
+7|Devour Heart, Shadow Form 2/day, Talons +3, Raven's Cry 5/day, Steal Heart 3/day

11th|
+8/+3|
+3|
+7|
+7|

12th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+8|Raven's Cry 6/day, Fiery Flight 4/day

13th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+8|

14th|
+10/+5|
+4|
+9|
+9| Raven's Cry 7/day

15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+9|
+9|Immune Poison/Disease, Shadow Form 3/day, Talons +4, Fiery Flight 5/day, Steal Heart 4/day

16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10|Raven's Cry 8/day

17th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10|

18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+11|
+11|Raven's Cry 9/day, Fiery Flight 6/day

19th|
+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+11|
+11|

20th|
+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+12|
+12|Immortal, Shadow Form 4/day, Raven's Cry 10/day, Steal Heart 5/day, Talons +5[/table]

Steal Heart: At level 1, the Raven Mocker has already acquired the power to bring death. Once a day, he may make an unarmed attack against a single humanoid target during which he attempts to tear the target's heart from their chest. If the attack hits, the target must succeed on a fortitude save (10 + 1/2 the Raven Mocker's level + Cha Modifier) or they die instantly.
Humanoid creatures, such as undead, that do not need hearts to function or do not have them are unaffected by this ability. The Raven Mocker gains additional uses of this ability at levels 5, 10, 15, and 20.

Talons: At level 1, the Raven Mocker's nails have become like claws. He gains +1 piercing damage on all unarmed attacks. The added damage increases by +1 at levels 5, 10, 15, and 20.

Improved Unarmed Strike: At level one, the Raven Mocker gains Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat. He receives the benefits of the feat while unarmed or while wearing gauntlets.

Raven's Cry: At level 2, the Raven Mocker can cry like a raven to fill his enemies with fear. Once a day, as a full-round action, the Raven Mocker can let out a raven's cry that listeners will be able to tell is somehow unnatural. All creatures within a 50-ft radius of him must succeed on a will save (10 + 1/2 Raven Mocker's level + Cha Modifier) or become frightened. Creatures that are immune to fear are unaffected by this ability. The Raven Mocker gains additional uses of this ability at levels 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20.

Fiery Flight: At level 3, the Raven Mocker can fly through the air, wreathed in fire and and trailing sparks. Once a day, the Raven Mocker may fly at a speed of 60ft (good) for a number of rounds equal to his level. The fire that follows him is illusionary and harmless. He gains additional uses of this ability at levels 6, 9, 12, 15, and 18.

Shadow Form: At level 3, the Raven Mocker may cover himself in shadows to become invisible. Once a day, he may turn invisible for a number of rounds equal to his level. The invisibility effect is not dispelled by attacking. He gains additional uses of this ability at levels 10, 15, and 20.

Devour Heart: At level 10, the Raven Mocker can eat the hearts he steals to gain greater power. As a full round action, the Raven Mocker may ingest a heart he has acquired using his Steal Heart ability. He gains a bonus of 1d4+1 to his Str and Con.

Immune Poison/Disease: At level 15, the Raven Mocker gains supernatural fortitude. He becomes immune to all poisons and diseases.

Immortal: At level 20, the Raven Mocker need no longer fear death from old age. He no longer takes penalties from aging, though his appearence will grow older.

I based this class on the legend of the witch by the same name from the Cherokee. I was thinking of a fiendish raven familiar, but ruled that out. Are abilities too powerful, too weak? The Immortality was just because that's what they are meant to do, but it isn't neccessary for anything. I was originally going to make sShadow Form a concealment instead of invis, was the duration too short. Duration too sort for Firey Flight? Info please. Typing bad cause I have to go. oh, should Devour be based on HD of creatures haert cam from?

Coplantor
2008-08-04, 06:12 PM
I like the class, I might use it for an antagonist of the party im currently DMing. What I'd like to know is if the bonus Str and Con from eating a heart is temporary or permanent, if it is temporary then how much does it lasts? and if it is permanent wich is the maximum stat increase you can get from eating a heart?

Also, what kind of armor is it proficient with? The class has to fight a lot and needs to get near the enemies to steal their hearts, I know it can turn invisible, but if it cant wear any amor and has only 6 sided for HP, it wont live long enough tou use some of its most impressive abilities. And finally, is it proficient with any weapon besides the unnarmed strike?

As a bonus, you could write a deeper description of the class like the ones on the game books.