PDA

View Full Version : How to make a KEW weapon in 3.5

Emperor Tippy
2008-08-05, 04:55 AM
Just because I was bored and messing around with the rules.

Step 1: Use Disintegrate to make a hole 1,420 feet deep (142 castings).
Step 2: Create an iron rod 1,410 feet long and half an inch thick (should weigh somewhere around 720 pounds).
Step 3: Use Wall of Stone to create a stone house with a 2 foot diameter hole in the floor and a nice thick roof.
Step 4: Sovereign Glue the iron rod to the roof, goign down through the hole.
Step 5: Get down to the bottom of the hole with a ring gate (or 10).
Step 6: Create a stand to hold the ring gate(s) directly under the iron rod.
Step 7: Get out of the hole.
Step 8: Create a 1 pound, hinged, iron disk with a hole in the middle (diameter of just over half an inch).
Step 9: Position the ring gate linked to the one at the bottom of the hole so that it is aiming at your target and within a reasonable distance.
Step 10: Lock one of the iron disks onto the rod and let go.
Step 11: Wait 2 rounds.
Step 12: Do the happy dance as your target takes 20d6 damage.

If you want to deal more damage attach more iron disks to the rod at the same time. Each ring gate is good for 100 shots per day.

Total Cost assuming you can cast the spells: about 41,000 GP + 40,000 GP per extra hundred shots per day.

A full load from a single ring gate will deal 2000 damage minimum, 12,000 maximum, and 7,000 average.

Oh yeah, for this to work your target has to be within 100 miles of the system (max range on a ring gate). You can chain ring gates for a greater range but it significantly ups the cost and complexity.

EDIT: A reasonable distance is about 180 feet, assuming you hold the ring gate 4 feet off the ground. If you hold it 6 feet off the ground it's 270 feet. At 10 feet off the ground its 450 feet.

Blanks
2008-08-05, 07:52 AM
Just because I am bored I will play along :)

Step 2: Create an iron rod 1,410 feet long and half an inch thick (should weigh somewhere around 720 pounds).
Won´t this iron rod break under its own weight, considering the friction from the metal disc riding it?

(assuming I understood what you are attempting. The disc use the iron rod to aim at the ring gate right?)

Emperor Tippy
2008-08-05, 07:57 AM
Good question. I'm not sure if it will or won't.

But you can always just create a pipe and roll the ball down that. It's just their as a guide line.

Blanks
2008-08-05, 09:07 AM
A ball would be better because of the increased mass and smaller diameter.

Of course the pipe would need to be vertical (no slides here :) ) otherwise the friction would reduce the speed.