PDA

View Full Version : Two Swamp-related Questions [3.5 ed]

chevalier
2008-08-05, 10:02 AM
1) How come one of my favorite old-skool creatures, the bullywug, gets short shrift in 3/3.5 ed? They aren't in Monster Manuals I-IV; I tried to find them on the crystalkeep monsters by name list. Finally found them in an online copy of Monsters of Faerun. I would have put 'em in the Monster Manual I or II.

I guess this is more of a gripe than a question, but speculate away...

2) I can't find what module the Vast Swamp is in, does anyone know (any edition D&D, I just need the map.)

Thanks!
C.

Sinfire Titan
2008-08-05, 10:42 AM
1: If it was printed in a 3.0 book, then it is still legal in 3.5 unless it was reprinted in a 3.5 supplement. This is stated on page 4 of your DMG.

Telonius
2008-08-05, 11:59 AM
Google tells me the Vast Swamp appears in the 1980 "World of Greyhawk" folio, "Storm Harvest" from Living Greyhawk, and "Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave" (Forgotten Realms supplement). So we have two separate Vast Swamps, though they might have similarities (especially on being vast and swampy).

There's a reference to the Vast Swamp in Dragon 171, p. 20.

jamroar
2008-08-06, 03:48 AM
A regional map from the LG Sunndi site.
http://www.sunndi.org/images/maps/sunndi.png

chevalier
2008-08-06, 12:57 PM
Thank you! That was at least one of the maps I was looking for. In the vague mists of my memory, I thought I remembered a module that was all about The Vast Swamp and had a detailed map with encounters, etc. But I might be confusing it with something else (surely not SSofS...)

C.