PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 Eberron] Artificer Builds/Roles?

Caduceus
2008-08-05, 11:46 PM
So, I'm preparing to run a campaign in Eberron, and I've got three out of four players set on what race and class they'll play. The first is a Half-Orc Paladin of an as-yet unknown deity, the second is a Medusa (with homebrewed race statistics instead of the monster stats) Sorcerer, and the third is a Human Artificer.

Frankly, the Paladin and the Sorcerer are pretty much set in what they'll be doing, based on their class features. However, Artificers are so freakishly versatile that they could focus on almost anything, and I need a general idea of what an artificer in this party might opt to be built for.

And so the question arises, what viable artificer builds are most common/useful?

The Demented One
2008-08-06, 12:08 AM
Artificers can do a lot of things vary well. If he wants to be a blaster, just loading up one wands makes that possible, although the build doesn't really come until its own until he gets metamagic spell trigger. He can easily be the party buffer, using infusions to help out his party members - if he gets a couple wands of cure spells, he can replace a cleric. It's even possible to run an artificer as a melee build, typically going with a warforged and taking the weapon familiar alternate class feature.

Venerable
2008-08-06, 12:34 AM
Have a look at section X of The Unofficial Artificer Player's Guide 3.0 (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=813665). It covers five different builds [blaster, melee, buffer, archer, hordemaster].