PDA

View Full Version : the return of hilgya!

krossbow
2008-08-05, 11:59 PM
Ha. Anyone else thinking that the cleric of loki might just turn out to be our favorite resident female dwarf?

Querzis
2008-08-06, 12:02 AM
Ha. Anyone else thinking that the cleric of loki might just turn out to be our favorite resident female dwarf?

If it wasnt for the fact that Pete clearly said its a «him» maybe. And someone already said that on the first page of the 581 thread.

krossbow
2008-08-06, 12:09 AM
If it wasnt for the fact that Pete clearly said its a «him» maybe. And someone already said that on the first page of the 581 thread.

ah crap. took me a while to find out where he said "him" there in the comic. Well, there goes one theory.

Felixaar
2008-08-06, 01:15 AM
Pete's Blind. Hilgya's a dwarf, their pretty manly. It could still happen but I rather doubt it... tho specifying a cleric of LOKI is interesting.

FujinAkari
2008-08-06, 01:16 AM
Pete's Blind. Hilgya's a dwarf, their pretty manly. It could still happen but I rather doubt it... tho specifying a cleric of LOKI is interesting.

Pete wasn't blind in his childhood, which is where he knew this cleric from.

SPoD
2008-08-06, 01:18 AM
Also, Haley refers to "all the clerics of Loki" implying there has always been a church with many clerics in Greysky City and they are known to her.

I think it's a safe bet that a town with a high criminal population would have a temple to Loki in it, and a very unsafe bet that somehow Hilgya is the only cleric of Loki in the world.

thereaper
2008-08-06, 01:22 AM
Unless of course Hilgya's gotten a hold of a belt of Masculinity/Feminity somewhere along the line.

DUN DUN DUNNN!!!!

Berserk Monk
2008-08-06, 01:27 AM
Maybe Hilgya is like Vaarsuvius, and no one really knows his/her gender, and characters just refer to Hilgya based upon their perception of him/her. Durkon could be gay. Just check comic 352, 9th panel.

thereaper
2008-08-06, 01:30 AM
Trust me. Durkon knows her gender. We might not, but Durkon certainly does.

At least I hope so. :smalleek:

Cizak
2008-08-06, 02:56 AM
Trust me. Durkon knows her gender. We might not, but Durkon certainly does.

At least I hope so. :smalleek:

Oh thanks a lot! Now I'm not gonna be able to sleep until I know that Durkon knows her gender! O.o

coracleboat
2008-08-06, 03:58 AM
I don't think she'll return as this specific cleric, but I'd really like for her to come back. Poor Durkon needs some more plot/drama/love. His backstory is only rarely referenced and he doesn't have very many exciting things going on for him like everyone else does.

Shadowdweller
2008-08-06, 04:25 AM

...bearing Durkon's illegitimate child...

Dire Ferret
2008-08-06, 05:36 AM
While the cleric Pete is refering to is not Hilgya, this may still lead to her being reintroduced. It is possible that after she left she went to be with fellow worshippers of Loki. Haley suggests there are at least a few clerics of Loki within Greysky City, so Hilgya may have ended up in the city as well.

I do not consider it all that likely, but it is certainly plausible.

Terradrius
2008-08-06, 09:22 AM
Oh thanks a lot! Now I'm not gonna be able to sleep until I know that Durkon knows her gender! O.o

Don't forget Redcloak and the Monster in the Darkness :smallwink:

kossuth's_spark
2008-08-06, 03:36 PM
Maybe Hilgya is like Vaarsuvius, and no one really knows his/her gender, and characters just refer to Hilgya based upon their perception of him/her. Durkon could be gay. Just check comic 352, 9th panel.

Sorry but it says right here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0083.html) that she is married and is the bride, therefore a girl

David Argall
2008-08-06, 07:45 PM
From the evidence before us, Hilgya is not likely to appear. However, she can be pushed in pretty easily, and she seems to be able to fill several roles in the plot in the process. So it's too early to give up hope.

Zolem
2008-08-06, 07:55 PM
While the cleric Pete is refering to is not Hilgya, this may still lead to her being reintroduced. It is possible that after she left she went to be with fellow worshippers of Loki. Haley suggests there are at least a few clerics of Loki within Greysky City, so Hilgya may have ended up in the city as well.

I do not consider it all that likely, but it is certainly plausible.

Tada! This is the only way she could show up again, as an asistant or guest Cleric. End of discusion.

David Argall
2008-08-07, 12:21 AM
Tada! This is the only way she could show up again, as an asistant or guest Cleric. End of discusion.

No, this is merely the easiest way for Hilgya to return. All sorts of others exist, including Blind Pete being really really blind or liking to lie, or Hilgya having always been disguised when in the city...

It's more a matter of whether she fills a role in the plot, and she seems to.

We get Roy raised, finally, or at least another try at it.
We get Durkon being bothered, and maybe being a father.
We could see the Oracle's prophecy taken care of. Hilgya kills Durkon, say in a dispute over child support, and then raises him. He is now able to return to dwarven lands posthumously.
That's quite a bit of reason to bring her back.