PDA

View Full Version : Fears in the Playground

fraud
2008-08-06, 03:28 AM
this is where people can post fears or "phobias". My fear is spiders, that's what inspired me to make this thread. It's late at night and I'm playing World of Warcraft while watching George Lopez when suddenly I see on the foot rest the biggest spider I've ever seen I jump up and start cursing about how big he is. I sit on the headrest and begin throwing pillows at it when it began to move. Now there's a pile of pillows next to the foot rest and I feel like an army of spiders are gonna attack me!

thubby
2008-08-06, 03:41 AM
I also have arachnophobia, though i can kill them/dispose of them so long as i don't have to touch them, i freak out more when I know they're there and I can't see them. meet my boot, mr.spider! *awaits forumite named mr.spider to take offense*

Castaras
2008-08-06, 03:50 AM
Injection, and other random medical stuff, fear. How badly it effects me depends on how I am at the time. I faint a helluvalot because of this though.

Butterfly and moths I don't like.

coracleboat
2008-08-06, 03:50 AM
I have a phobia of all insects. I can't pick up plates if there's a single ant crawling along one. A bug on my desk means that I will spend the rest of the day on the other side of the room. If there is a moth floating about in my room, I will spend the rest of the day in another room (or suit myself up with towels and try to kill the moth). I refuse to walk through clouds of gnats. And I freak if I ever find a bug daring to crawl on me. So, yeah, I am pretty much the best person to ever go camping with.

This doesn't apply to spiders, though. As long as they don't land on my head when they're rappelling down from some height, spiders are awesome. Spiderwebs are awesome, and I encourage any spider looking for a home to move in with me. We can have parties. I'll protect you from the first two posters, too.

Jibar
2008-08-06, 03:57 AM
Ya know, I win these threads.
No no no, I win.
Might as well call me the Scaredy Cat In The Playground.
Because I am scared of everything.
Okay?
Everything.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-06, 03:58 AM
My fears...For some reason I cant think of any.

Player_Zero
2008-08-06, 04:03 AM
I believe you are exaggerating, Jibar, on account of you leaving the house. You go to parties and suchlike whereas I stay at home, in this room, on this forum. You may be scared of things at these parties, but you weren't scared enough not to go. So I win.

fraud
2008-08-06, 04:05 AM
Injection, and other random medical stuff, fear. How badly it effects me depends on how I am at the time. I faint a helluvalot because of this though.

Butterfly and moths I don't like.

oh man I know what ya mean. I freak out when I go to the doctors because I'm afraid I'm gonna need to get a shot. Last time I did I freaked out! I also can not light a match which I think traces back when I was a kid. I was at my cousins house when I wanted to wash my hands and I hit something and it burned my skin!

whereas I stay at home, in this room, on this forum.

amen, brother:smalltongue:

Agamid
2008-08-06, 04:08 AM
I have....
Swinophobia - fear of pigs (somthing i'm going to have to get over or deal with when i start studying vet science...).

Philophobia - fear of falling (I actually really like flying and heights, but not falling. not vertigo).

Pnigophobia - fear of of being unable to breathe (i freak out even just going underwater for a second with my breath held).

Thalassophobia - fear of the ocean (i just don't think people should be in it unless they are prepared to accept the risks and aren't going lashing out at the native species of the ocean when they do what comes naturally... that and my little brother almost drowned in the ocean when i was 7).

Claustrophobia - fear of enclosed spaces (this one isn't that life altering but i will sometimes have attacks in very close rooms or vehicles without open windows, and they're bad, I can't breath when i have them).

Edit: haha, i find it funny, and so true of my procrastinating character that when i started writing this i was the first response...

The Orange Zergling
2008-08-06, 04:16 AM
Insects and spiders freak me out. Worst part is that I just can't stand to feel their little crunchy bodies be crushed under my hand or even with a tissue or something in between them. I always have to find a very solid, hard object like a book to do the job.

While my pain tolerance is actually not bad, the idea or apprehension of pain really get me going. Ditto with injections. I don't faint or anything but the mere thought of them is just... graaah. Playing Bioshock has probably not made that last one any better... :smallconfused:

thubby
2008-08-06, 04:17 AM
Claustrophobia - fear of enclosed spaces (this one isn't that life altering but i will sometimes have attacks in very close rooms or vehicles without open windows, and they're bad, I can't breath when i have them).

which i imagine triggers your Pnigophobia. now there's a 1,2 punch.

and for the record, i usually catch offending spiders and release them outside.

coracleboat
2008-08-06, 04:19 AM
oh man I know what ya mean. I freak out when I go to the doctors because I'm afraid I'm gonna need to get a shot. Last time I did I freaked out! I also can not light a match which I think traces back when I was a kid. I was at my cousins house when I wanted to wash my hands and I hit something and it burned my skin!

I can't light matches/use a cigarette lighter either. I am way too uncomfortable at having my fingers that close to fire. I think it might help that one time I found one of those rolls of red paper gunpowder for those old toy guns--I had no idea at all what they were for, but they smelt cool, so I thought I should pick at them with my fingernails to see what they were made out of.

It exploded. It hurt.

e:

Insects and spiders freak me out. Worst part is that I just can't stand to feel their little crunchy bodies be crushed under my hand or even with a tissue or something in between them. I always have to find a very solid, hard object like a book to do the job.

Gah, I'm the same way. I can't kill beetles, even though I hate them. Feeling or hearing them crunch just makes me sad that I felt/heard it die.

fraud
2008-08-06, 04:22 AM
I have....
Swinophobia - fear of pigs (somthing i'm going to have to get over or deal with when i start studying vet science...).

Philophobia - fear of falling (I actually really like flying and heights, but not falling. not vertigo).

Pnigophobia - fear of of being unable to breathe (i freak out even just going underwater for a second with my breath held).

Thalassophobia - fear of the ocean (i just don't think people should be in it unless they are prepared to accept the risks and aren't going lashing out at the native species of the ocean when they do what comes naturally... that and my little brother almost drowned in the ocean when i was 7).

Edit: haha, i find it funny, and so true of my procrastinating character that when i started writing this i was the first response...

well there's nothing wrong with a fear of pigs, they are kinda creepy I should know my sister collects them *shiver now that I think about it*

I understand freaking out when you can't breath I've been there same with fallling

fear of the ocean I'm surprised isn't common no matter how much I enjoy swiming out there I feel like I'm gonna be pulled out to sea...

Claustrophobia is very intense and hard to deal with, at the dances I hate to be in the middle of my group of friends dancing however one time they pulled me in and all the jumping and loud music made me freak out

Gah, I'm the same way. I can't kill beetles, even though I hate them. Feeling or hearing them crunch just makes me sad that I felt/heard it die.

I can't stand to look at the darn things! They creep me out I can't do anything to them they could control me if they wanted to. Spiders that is.

banjo1985
2008-08-06, 04:40 AM
I'm not a fan of heights or flying...so I guess I must be scared of depths as well :smalleek:

I recently conquered my fear of flying to an extent, having taken my first short-haul flight...but I still get dizzy looking down from a long way up so I think I'm still stuck with that for a while.

Jibar
2008-08-06, 04:48 AM
I believe you are exaggerating, Jibar, on account of you leaving the house. You go to parties and suchlike whereas I stay at home, in this room, on this forum. You may be scared of things at these parties, but you weren't scared enough not to go. So I win.

Yes, but, compare the number of times I do go compared to the number of times I could go.
When you spend your life in total terror, you learn that every now and then, whether you like it or not, or even if its for the best or not, you do have to face your fears. How else could I have gone to see Cloverfield, the Greatest Movie Ever?
Besides, I thought you never left your house 'cos you hated people, not because you were scared.
And I'm scared of a lot more than just leaving my house.

Player_Zero
2008-08-06, 04:55 AM
Pfft. Hate people?

...Well, a little, but I'm more scared than hatey.

Just because I'm an antisocial person doesn't mean I don't have feewings.

Also, face your fears? I'm too scared to do that.

Hoggy
2008-08-06, 05:21 AM
I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the oppurtunity
To be a better man.

CrazedGoblin
2008-08-06, 07:23 AM
i hate landline phones and wont answer them unless absolutely necessary, does that count?

Tragic_Comedian
2008-08-06, 07:42 AM
I have the fear of someone shoving something through my eyes.

Eldan
2008-08-06, 07:47 AM
Hmm...
Fire: I can't light a match or a lighter. Nor won't I go any closer than about three steps to an open flame.
Shots and medical stuff: used to, but got over it, thankfully. Now I study biology.
Heights: Oh yes. Standing on a chair? I'll start shaking and have to hold on to something. Dammit, I get affraid when walking down stairs. Never let me near a ladder.
What else... hmm. Is there a word for being affraid of high velocities? Though, this only applies sometimes. I get affraid when biking down a hill, or at high speed, or when skiing. sitting on the back seat of a car or train is no problem, but when I tried to learn to drive one, it was a no-go. Had to stop after about twenty seconds to catch my breath and sit down on the ground until I stopped shaking.

Edit: Right. Eyes. Also, fingernails. I can't even watch someone hurting their eyes, not even on TV.

Saurous
2008-08-06, 08:14 AM
I have a fear of restrooms.

...what? It isn't the bathroom itself that frightens me, it's what goes on in there. Nothing good ever happens in a bathroom in horror films, and a person is at their most vulnerable while sitting on the toilet or using the shower. I've seen Psycho far too many times to not be wary when I'm bathing.

Tragic_Comedian
2008-08-06, 08:15 AM

...what? It isn't the bathroom itself that frightens me, it's what goes on in there. Nothing good ever happens in a bathroom in horror films, and a person is at their most vulnerable while sitting on the toilet or using the shower. I've seen Psycho far too many times to not be wary when I'm bathing.

Same here. Most times, I'm fine with them, but if I start thinking too hard, it terrifies me.

Agamid
2008-08-06, 08:57 AM

I completely understand... i have an irrational fear of bathrooms, especially being in one at night when i'm the only person home (and my bathroom door that slams for no apparent reason doesn't help).
When i was little i had heaps of nightmares revolving around bathrooms - i remember one where i was watching myself melt in the mirror and couldn't call out to my dad who was sitting in the lounge room just behind quite vividly.

I have a half serious half crazy-imaginary theory that i died in a bathroom in my last incarnation. They just give me bad vibes and for no apparent reason, and when i was in mine about 2 years ago (and completely alone in the house) i distinctly heard someone laugh just behind my shoulder... needless to say i got out of there asap and had to sit with my back to the wall the entire rest of the evening.

When i was little i made up a creature that could only be seen in bathroom mirrors and would grab you and after dragging you in it would eat you and take your form in the mirror... so with vampires that couldn't be seen in mirrors and mirror monsters you just couldn't be safe on your own.

I scare myself stupid with my imagination, especially when i'm writing horror stories. So much so that i can't reason with myself and thus must make up equally fantastical stories about what keeps me safe from all these nasties i keep creating.
Horror movies have very little effect on me though, in fact i usually find myself laughing during them, or checking out the attractive heroine/villain.

Eldan
2008-08-06, 09:07 AM
I had something similar when I was little. Made up monsters everywhere I went and was then terribly scared. Some I remember:

My own shadow. Seriously. For some time I thought that if I stopped watching it for too long, it would grab me.
Mirrors: I was affraid that my own mirror image would drag me into the mirror. However, I also thought that this wouldn't really matter, since everything would be completely the same on the other side. For some strange reason I was still affraid.
Clouds: Yes, clouds are monsters. Or rather, gigantic, kilometer-long monsters hide in the clouds and watch you.

Luckily, my father took a rather special approach to "curing" me of these fears. A three step method, taht worked perfectly well with the four to five year old me: 1) Convince son that magic exists. 2) Convince son that you can use magic rituals to get rid of monsters 3) Teach son said rituals.
The rituals were actually rather easy... draw a picture of the monster, burn said picture, scatter the ashes. That was an incredibly efficient way to get rid of monsters.
Interesting fact: my father is an extremely rational person, who doesn't believe anything even remotely related to "the supernatural". Neither do I. However, children do.

Dihan
2008-08-06, 09:38 AM
I'm scared of:

Spiders
All insects, especially moths, wasps and bees
Heights
Clowns
Puppets
Those weird men/women who dress up as big Disney monstrosities

Ilena
2008-08-06, 09:40 AM
Myself i guess i really dont have any fears that stick out, i mean i get nervous with things but nothing really a fear (although it is kinda funny im at home with stampeeding horses, i had a bunch of horses running right towards me i just stood there and they parted like waves on rocks), bugs dont bother me, snakes dont bother me (both most people around me though) im just not dumb enough to touchum :P, i love flying, close spaces dont bother me, ya its really just a nervousness with some things and thats all ..

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-06, 09:45 AM
Fear of the Unknown, and all it implies.

randman22222
2008-08-06, 09:47 AM
Fear of underwater sea life, of every and all forms. There are some exceptions.

If it is a fish, and is taken out of the water. Or if it is a stingray, regardless of where it is.

The ones that creep me out the most are the ones with no eyes, spines, or other creepy lacks of developed anatomy. They're... not... natural...

Weird that I can stand stingrays, though...

KillianHawkeye
2008-08-06, 10:15 AM
Let's see...

I'm not sure it's fear exactly, but I sometimes have an adverse physical reaction to being in a very crowded room or a very tight enclosed space.

I'm not sure if it has a name, but I'm afraid of spiders/insects/bugs, but only when I am asleep (and thus, defenseless). As a result, I mercilessly hunt down any such offending creature within or near my sleeping quarters and am the #1 bug killer in my house. I also dislike when they are crawling on me, but I don't mind touching them to kill them.

I'm not afraid of doctors or injections, but I am afraid of going to see the dentist.

I'm afraid of public embarrassment, notably as a result of public speaking, but also have trouble initiating simple conversations with total strangers. As a result, my social skills are somewhat underdeveloped and I haven't had a date in years. :smallfrown: Relatedly, I am somewhat afraid of failure in general.

Lastly, I am occaisonally afraid of fear itself. :smallwink:

de-trick
2008-08-06, 10:25 AM
fear of hieghts, and falling anything after 10ft in the air, i start to shake, Im pretty good at getting past it, but extended period of times in the air, Ie I can go up on a ladder but dont expect me to stay up there for half a hour

Open water, i can tread in it, but id rather not have to worry about running out of energy and sinking

needles, last time i got a needle, i tensed up so bad i felt the needle for 2 days

knifes, guns im ok with, but knifes cause i got stabbed a couple of times when i was little

rubakhin
2008-08-06, 10:33 AM
When I was younger I used to be terrified of people reading my mind. I read somewhere that that's a sign of schizophrenia. But my one lasting fear is farm animals. Goats, sheep, cows, chickens. Especially chickens. I hate that bottomless idiocy.

Stupidity is the devil. Look in the eye of a chicken and you'll know. It's the most horrifying, cannibalistic, and nightmarish creature in this world.

Growing up I spent a lot of time on farms because I have some relatives who are farmers, so I can deal with them just fine, but I still have this phobia.

Calamity
2008-08-06, 10:45 AM
I have fears of:

Spiders
Insects (Except ants, but especially bees, wasps and moths)
Heights

And one I can't even remember sometimes, but I am scared of:
Being underwater.

truemane
2008-08-06, 12:49 PM
Wasps.

I got stung a LOT as a kid, and the fear of the little yellow buggers has followed me all my life. I used to be so bad that the mere sight of one would send me running from the area, waving my arms and screaming like a young school-girl.

My first summer job in a restaurant cured me of THAT reaction. You can't do a lot of waving and running and screaming when the wasp is buzzing your face while you're laden with full bowls of soup.

But they still make my heart race. Hate them. That thread the we had some time ago? The one with the three-inch long Japanese Hornets? I stared at that for days in sick fascination. Blech.

Sometimes I'll be having a perfectly normal dream, and in the dream a wasp will come and start buzzing around my head and face, and as I start to wave it away in my dream, I wake up. And the only way to calm myself down is to put the blankets over my head.

fraud
2008-08-06, 02:31 PM
when I was young (like 2 years old) I sat on a line of ants and when my mom found me I was covered in ants. Almost as bad as that guy in Indiana Jones:smalleek:
But I've never been afraid of them. Even though they do creep me out

Ilena
2008-08-06, 02:51 PM
Ya, black and red ants in canada at least are not bad but in the jungles you dont wana mess with those ants :P, personally i likeum ... if i could get an ant queen id be happy :P id make an entire colony and expland and everything :P

Calamity
2008-08-06, 02:55 PM
Oh! I missed this fear out:

Fear of all major cities.

Yeah, I never feel comfortable with those huge skyscrapers towering over me and the endless amounts of people around. Even Manchester, which I'm familiar with, I'm still uncomfortable in.

Towns are okay though. :smalltongue:

Ilena
2008-08-06, 03:08 PM
Well if you count hate ... i hate large crowds, never feel comfortable in them, and in citys well thats just one ubber crowd ... i love my country, nice rolling feilds, forests and all

Gem Flower
2008-08-06, 04:25 PM
I'm afraid of...Seriously mentally disabled people. You are welcome to hate me, but let me explain: This is not prejudice, exactly. I don't hate them, I'm afraid of them. I am, unfortunately, in a summer camp with two such people in it. *sighs*

fraud
2008-08-06, 04:27 PM
I understand what you're saying. You're never sure if you're gonna do something that might offend them or if they randomly go berserk and attack you.

nothingclever
2008-08-06, 04:43 PM
I've got some terrible fears.

I'm basically fearless so I fear being unable to relate to people with lesser wills.
I fear never being able to meet someone as awesome as me without looking into a mirror.
I fear that whenever I look into a mirror I may never be able to turn away because I'm just so dazzling.
I fear everyone around me will feel completely worthless as they reflexively compare themselves to me and realize the difference between us is like night and day.
I fear accomplishing everything too easily because then I will never be able to experience the joy of accomplishing something through hard work and effort.
I fear never being able to experience true happiness because sorrow is completely alien to me.

Lossarim
2008-08-06, 04:55 PM
I used to be terrified of vast expanses of water( Lakes, oceans, seas and threatining ponds). If i was on a boat that wasnt 1000% safe i would go deathly white. But i managed to go scuba diving this year against all my better judgements and once i put my head under the water, my phobia disappeared and i took to it naturally. One of the coolest experiance of my life.
Now im not afraid of the of the sea/ocean but im still afraid of water i cant properly see the bottom of.

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-06, 04:58 PM
Spiders, I don't mind. Beetles are fine. Ants are fine. Flies are actually kinda cool. But do not get me started on wasps.

Oh gods, how I hate those little black and yellow bastards. Sometimes we have barbecues in the summer. I do not go outside. Not for longer than is absolutely necessary to get a bunch of food and get back inside. Because where there is food, there will be wasps, and I cannot stand them. Hell, I try to avoid going within six feet of one if at all possible.

coracleboat
2008-08-06, 05:27 PM
Everyone carrying on about wasps reminds me of why I ended up being afraid of them.

This beach where I grew up near had these giant space-ship jungle-jym sort of things, where you climbed up a ladder through a hole and you were in this cool little platform inside the bars of the spaceship. You could climb higher, and up to the top (I was always terrified to get to the very top, so I can throw fear of heights in here too) where there was just a cap, and some steering wheels all rusted nicely. But, in one of them, there was a slide in the middle platform. I was playing on that one.

And there was a wasp nest, I think, right about there. When I climbed up into the middle platform, I made them all very angry, so they started buzzing about everywhere. They swarmed the opening to the ladder so I couldn't climb down, and they swarmed around the entrance to the slide, which was baked hot and impossible to slide down. So I was trapped in a tall spot, surrounded by wasps. It was the best summer ever.

When I was younger I used to be terrified of people reading my mind.

I'm still worried all the time that people can read my mind. Or that there's someone with a hidden camera watching everything I do. I have no idea why everyone else can read minds and I can't :smallfrown: I want to be able to read minds too.

MountainKing
2008-08-06, 06:46 PM
I have two different actual fears, but I have no idea what their phobias would be.

1.) I dread strange dogs. Emphasis on *strange*; if I know the dog, and have been exposed to the dog for months at a time, I'm perfectly alright with it, though I might grumble or call it "creature" from time to time. If it's a dog I have never met though, my skin starts to crawl, the hair on the back of my neck rises, and I get this feeling in my gut like my stomach is slowly doing cartwheels while imploding at the same time... over and over again. Unpleasant.

2.) I have a fear of bees/wasps/hornets/blackandyellowinsectswithwingsandstingers that is so bad that my reactions to seeing or hearing bees is immediate, sometimes violent, and always poorly calculated and potentially destructive. If I'm in an enclosed space with a bee, I freeze up; after a few seconds, I can't breathe, it goes downhill from there. If I'm free to move around, my desperate attempts to escape a bee have done things ranging from sprain ankles (specifically, I've sprained my own ankle trying to get away from a bee), to messing up bike tires (I stepped on my friend's bike, borked all the spokes that I stepped on).

I can talk about bees just fine. Just keep them away from me, and I don't have to get genocidal.

shadowxknight
2008-08-06, 08:30 PM
I'm terribly afraid of math tests, does that count as a phobia? :smallwink:

In all seriousness though, I am a little afriad of spiders and other insects. I would somtimes have nightmares of them climbing into my mouths, biting my eye, and just generally crawling all over the place.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-06, 08:32 PM
I'm terribly afraid of being judged by people on the internet.
Not so much in real life as much as on the internet.
It took me weeks to post outside of Town when I was QoM, and, even then, it was normally just SMBG. I didn't become very active in FB untill...oh...maybe a few months ago?
Its hard for me to post in places. I'm terrified that people will think me bland or uninteresting or just an idiot.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-08-06, 08:36 PM
It took me weeks to post outside of Town when I was QoM, and, even then, it was normally just SMBG. I didn't become very active in FB untill...oh...maybe a few months ago?
Its hard for me to post in places. I'm terrified that people will think me bland or uninteresting or just an idiot.

I do this, too. It took me forever to test the waters of town, and the first two times I tried, I got scared off almost immediately, believing everyone hated me. Even now, I fear that anyone who interacts with me in town is just being too polite to tell me they hate me.

Sneak
2008-08-06, 08:41 PM
Fears, eh?

I fear nothing but fear itself.

In all seriousness, though, I'm afraid of lots of stuff. I'm somewhat insecure about myself, so there are all those fun fears that that entails. Also, I have lots of irrational fears when I am alone, especially when I am alone in the dark.

I'm an irrational person.

EDIT:

Yep, I've got that one too.

EDIT2:

When I was younger I used to be terrified of people reading my mind.

I used to have that fear a lot when I was younger, too...

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-06, 08:47 PM
But...but...you're Sneak.
One of the people who should worry about that the least.
You have legions of fans, when you decide to stick around for any period of time. When you show back up, people remember you, and those who don't soon learn to admire you.

Ego Slayer
2008-08-06, 09:14 PM
I hate having my back turned to... anything dark. >.> Have to keep the curtains in my room closed at night 'cos otherwise it's just uncomfortable. I'm really irrational when it comes to "monster under the bed" sort of things when it's dark. Not afraid of something specific, but afraid that something so horrible exists. Being afraid of something impossible happening. Being touched by something, that something is in the room, etc.

And no thanks to very nasty social anxiety I'm deathly afraid of freaking everything, no matter how silly or common the situation.:smallsigh:

I'm kinda opposite that. I'm ridiculously afraid of being judged by people in person. Anyone. And damn random stranger scares the hell outa me. Well, actually... mostly just people in my age range. :smallyuk: Yet, somehow, I still apparently have decent social skills. Anywho, totally more confident on teh 'netz. New people are like... a challenge I know I can win. I'm always so confident that I'll be liked. Granted, so long as I see the people I'm dealing with aren't asshats to begin with, they'll like me. I'll make them like me. I'm likable. :smalltongue:

ColonelFuster
2008-08-06, 09:26 PM
I really can't stand centipedes. Ugh. Just thinking about them makes me shiver. I once came home from vacation, threw my suitcases down, and went to lift the covers on my bed, which I had made before leaving so that I could go to bed right out of the car.
Flip.

CRAWLING WITH CENTIPEDES!!!!

God. Egchkk! I wanted to run away screaming. Instead, I slept on the floor. It was a long car ride.

Ganurath
2008-08-06, 09:35 PM
Ya know, I win these threads.
No no no, I win.
Might as well call me the Scaredy Cat In The Playground.
Because I am scared of everything.
Okay?
Everything.Warm butter.

As for me, the list is dominated by death, syringes, bees, poisonous creatures, and not being in control.

Lykan
2008-08-06, 09:37 PM
I also have fears with being judged on the net... Not so much in RL. Kinda keeps me from making friends. >.>

I also have a major fear of swarms, probably stemming from being attacked by yellowjackets when younger.

Also have a fear of parasites... Particularly ticks. Dunno quite why.

Also have agoraphobia, fear of crowds/open spaces. Also have a fear of being on stairs, but I don't think there's a term for that...

I also don't like the idea of being controlled... Like... Through mind control and stuff. I'm not sure if that'll ever happen in my life, but you never know. :smalltongue:

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-06, 09:41 PM
I'm kinda opposite that. I'm ridiculously afraid of being judged by people in person. Anyone. And damn random stranger scares the hell outa me. Well, actually... mostly just people in my age range. :smallyuk: Yet, somehow, I still apparently have decent social skills. Anywho, totally more confident on teh 'netz. New people are like... a challenge I know I can win. I'm always so confident that I'll be liked. Granted, so long as I see the people I'm dealing with aren't asshats to begin with, they'll like me. I'll make them like me. I'm likable. :smalltongue:
Mmm. It really is exactly the opposite.
Offline, I'm almost certain people will like me, and, if they don't, they're not fun people and it doesn't matter anyways.
I know I'm attractive, endearingly silly, and usually a fun person to be around.

However, these things do not translate onto the internet as well as I would like them to, and, I find, that there are more often on the internet people with greater intelligence than me, as opposed to offline, where people are generally around my level or below.
I get intimidated and awkward...

Anyways, I'm also afraid of syringes. Cry like a baby when they get near.
Oh, and change. Like, money-change. It gives me the willies thinking about it >.<

Cobra_Ikari
2008-08-06, 09:43 PM
Mmm. It really is exactly the opposite.
Offline, I'm almost certain people will like me, and, if they don't, they're not fun people and it doesn't matter anyways.
I know I'm attractive, endearingly silly, and usually a fun person to be around.

However, these things do not translate onto the internet as well as I would like them to, and, I find, that there are more often on the internet people with greater intelligence than me, as opposed to offline, where people are generally around my level or below.
I get intimidated and awkward...

Anyways, I'm also afraid of syringes. Cry like a baby when they get near.
Oh, and change. Like, money-change. It gives me the willies thinking about it >.<

I hate money-change, too.

*offers to take injections for you* =3

Copacetic
2008-08-06, 09:51 PM
I have a phobia of swarms of nats. Not scared of Jut one nat, or a swarm of rats, but a swarm of tiny little flying bugs. But mabye I'm just wierd like that.

ColonelFuster
2008-08-06, 09:51 PM
Yechh. Syringes! I agree. Scare the baxenu out of me.

Ego Slayer
2008-08-06, 10:23 PM
So totally. See, I can totally be that in person if I'm with the right people/friends. I'm not outgoing by default and need someone who is outgoing to kinda pull me in. If I'm with someone who is also quiet... well... then things just are awkward. :P

I guess I'm usually confident with the internet because if I'm talking to a complete stranger, they have nothing to judge me by. I'm super self conscious, so I don't have to worry 'bout a lot of things on the internet.

Granted, I worry 'bout everything, so the little lack of worry on the net isn't anything big. Plus, I've totally messed up the confidence thing here. You people can scare the hell outa me. :P

Also have agoraphobia, fear of crowds *snip*
Ugh, people. >>

I can get really uncomfortable in groups of people and need to sneak away and be alone. It's like... social claustrophobia.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-08-06, 10:35 PM
Do you guys also do the thing where you stand with your back to a wall, and if not, spin around constantly to make sure no one's sneaking up on you? >.>

'cause I totally do. >.>

mikeejimbo
2008-08-06, 10:53 PM
i hate landline phones and wont answer them unless absolutely necessary, does that count?

Me too! Man, I thought that it was a really weird fear but apparently it's not unique.

I don't get calls on my cell though, just texts, so I'm cool with that.

I also hate talking to people. It's not that I'm shy, it's just that I have bad hearing. But I can read just fine, well, with my glasses on. :smalltongue:

I also have a terrible fear of disappointing my father.

I'm also afraid of being followed or watched but that's another story entirely...

Solaris
2008-08-06, 10:56 PM
Do you guys also do the thing where you stand with your back to a wall, and if not, spin around constantly to make sure no one's sneaking up on you? >.>

'cause I totally do. >.>

Only in the dark. I'm not afraid of the dark, per se, but rather the things in the dark.
And the dead. Specifically, the undead. Zombies, spirits, you name it, if it should be dead but ain't it scares the willies outta me. I'm not really afraid of most living things in the dark, 'cause they're rightly afraid of me and/or I could detect them pretty quickly (I don't live where there are large predatory felines). Now, I get it in my head that there's someone there, that'll give me the screaming willies.
Favorite nightmare I've had was one where I was half-conscious, eyes open and everything. Unfortunately, my body hadn't caught on to that yet - the inhibitor or whatever was still in place preventing my dream-state from moving my body around. Thus, I could simultaneously see a scene of undead apocalypse and my room juxtaposed in the predawn light. Only time I've had a panic attack.

Jae
2008-08-06, 11:14 PM
I'm afraid of never truly pursuing what I've dedicated my life to, I'm afraid of becoming complacent, I'm afraid of being lesser-than, I'm afraid of being judged as stupid initially, I'm more afraid of proving that initial judgement correct. I'm afraid of spiders, very much. I'm afraid of global warmning. I'm afraid im very different from anybody ive ever actually met before, and that nobody really likes me for it. im afraid of crossing the street! im afraid of being honked at because it happens often enough that I should not jump, literally, but i still do because I'm also very afraid of loud noise lol

i could probably go on lol but believe it or not im trying to cut down on fears

Sneak
2008-08-06, 11:18 PM
But...but...you're Sneak.
One of the people who should worry about that the least.
You have legions of fans, when you decide to stick around for any period of time. When you show back up, people remember you, and those who don't soon learn to admire you.

:smallredface:

Seriously, though, I'm not THAT popular, and even if I were, fans =/= friends, unfortunately. :smallfrown: :smalltongue:

I have a phobia of swarms of nats. Not scared of Jut one nat, or a swarm of rats, but a swarm of tiny little flying bugs. But mabye I'm just wierd like that.

I'm not scared of gnats...but I HATE THEM WITH A BURNING PASSION! :smallfurious:

Also, I seem to be one of the few people who actually does not mind needles at all. Even my older brother is/was deathly afraid of shots. And he doesn't really seem like the kind of person who would mind that sort of thing.

Recaiden
2008-08-06, 11:26 PM
:eek:
I'm afraid of never truly pursuing what I've dedicated my life to, I'm afraid of becoming complacent, I'm afraid of being lesser-than, I'm afraid of being judged as stupid initially, I'm more afraid of proving that initial judgement correct. I'm afraid of spiders, very much. I'm afraid of global warmning. I'm afraid im very different from anybody ive ever actually met before, and that nobody really likes me for it.

I'm all of those as well, especially the last one.

I manage to be afraid of spiders, but not other arachnids, and i love wasps and bees.

The opposite of other posters, I am more afraid of being judged in real life than online. I think the reason is that I have much less reason to trust the judgement of people online, as I know them less well and will interact with them less often. Some people online I fear being judged by, because I value their judgement, but don't think they will necessarily judge me well.:smalleek:

Sneak
2008-08-06, 11:32 PM
I think I'm actually afraid of being judged online and offline...I'm just generally an insecure person. Hard to believe, I know...an amazing person like me being insecure? Think how little the rest of you should think of yourselves! :smalltongue:

I'm always afraid that people just find me more weird than funny (and dashing, witty, sexy, humble, muscular, aerobic, purple, and feathered). Like everyone frowns, furrows their brows, and says "Uhhh......okay?" after reading one of my posts.

No! I know you're doing it! Don't do it! Stop! No! :smallfrown:

Coplantor
2008-08-06, 11:38 PM
When I was younger I used to be terrified of people reading my mind. I read somewhere that that's a sign of schizophrenia.

Now because of you I'm afraid of being schizophrenic.
Im terrified by the idea of people rading my mind, it ussually happens when Im in a crowded place. Sometimes I have problems to concentrate during class because of that, I try to put my mind in blank or think really horrible things and check people reactions, to see if anyone does soemthing that gives me a clue if my mind is being read.

And the worst part is that I'm hearing voices. It started like a year ago, maybe two. When Im tierd and I close my eyes, trying to sleep, I hear voices crying my name in anger and real loud, most of the times voices I can recognize as that of a relative or a friend. This only happens when I try to sleep just a little, not my full 8hs sleep, like when -Im in the living room, I camed from the U pretty tired and I close my eyes for a while trying to rest a little, like half an hour.

I should see a doctor or something.

EDIT: After reading a little more (specially sneak's post), I can tell you that something similar happens to me. In real life a have lots of friends, people ussually likes me, and quite fast. Im the guy who breaks the ice, I ussually help groups of people to get along with each other faster. But Im always wondering what do they really think about me? Do they see me as a funny guy? as a wierd guy? as a simple clown? Do they really like me? Except for maybe 7 or 8 of my closests friends, i cant be sure about what people thinks of me, wich is kind of stupid because almost everyone I know shows to me that they care about me, but then i wonder, if I can think all those things, if I can be different on the inside than Im on the outside, what guarantees me that they are being sincere? Then again, I ussually dont listen to myself, wich has been a good thing on this topics, after all, by not giving much atention to this kind of thoughts is what gaved me a lot of friends almost everywhere I go.

Cleverdan22
2008-08-06, 11:42 PM
I have a fear of large aggressive dogs, or any aggressive ones really. The reason is from some stuff in my childhood that I don't feel like getting into right now.

Also, of insect, but it was gone until I was stung by a yellow jacket the other day. Those things hurt like crazy!

Eldan
2008-08-07, 01:21 AM
Oh, another one:
It's not really a fear, but I hate when strangers sit next to me on the bus or train. My entire body on the side they are sitting on starts to itch terriblly. For some time I hated that feeling so much, I started to carry around large pieces of luggage, so I had a reason to put something between me and the other people. Because they don't really react well when you start stuffing jackets between you and them.

coracleboat
2008-08-07, 01:26 AM
:smallredface:
Also, I seem to be one of the few people who actually does not mind needles at all. Even my older brother is/was deathly afraid of shots. And he doesn't really seem like the kind of person who would mind that sort of thing.

I like the feeling of needles. I don't go around poking myself with them, but when I'm at the doctor, it's just such an interesting sensation. One time I had to have my hand checked out, and he did it by sticking it everywhere with a little needle.

Oh, another one:
It's not really a fear, but I hate when strangers sit next to me on the bus or train. My entire body on the side they are sitting on starts to itch terriblly. For some time I hated that feeling so much, I started to carry around large pieces of luggage, so I had a reason to put something between me and the other people. Because they don't really react well when you start stuffing jackets between you and them.

I get something like that, but only if someone is on my left side. Even if it's a friend, I can't stand having someone sit or stand to my left. A complete stranger with a hockey mask and chain saw could sit on my right without me being the least bit put off.

Dryken
2008-08-07, 01:28 AM
- I really don't like being in a crowded area. It's sort of a mix of claustrophobia and germaphobia. I just...dont like people. It's weird, but when I'm in a crowd, my anxiety increases and it gets hard to breathe until I get out of it then I feel better.

- Life size realistic dolls scare the bejeezuz out of me. I had a few nightmares that involved them coming to life and trying to kill me so...that's probably what caused that.

- When I was a child, I was terrified of beheadings in movies. As a result, I refused to watch Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade all the way through because someone got their head chopped off.

Sneak
2008-08-07, 01:28 AM
I like the feeling of needles.

I wouldn't go around saying that. People might suspect something... :smalltongue:

I don't go around poking myself with them, but when I'm at the doctor, it's just such an interesting sensation. One time I had to have my hand checked out, and he did it by sticking it everywhere with a little needle.

Seriously, though, I understand what you mean. I think. It's not like I like the pain, but it usually isn't that painful, and it does feel kind of cool.

coracleboat
2008-08-07, 01:34 AM
Seriously, though, I understand what you mean. I think. It's not like I like the pain, but it usually isn't that painful, and it does feel kind of cool.

Yuh, that's exactly what I mean. It's just so weird of a sensation I can't really protest it, it makes me laugh more than anything else. It also helps that my friend is horribly afraid of needles, so I think I like them mostly just to freak him out.

Still don't like getting my blood taken, though. The thought of all my blood being sucked out of a little needle and I'm supposed to sit there and let it happen. Ugh, no, just no, thank you. That makes it sort of weird, as being poked with the needle feels cool, but what comes along with it is horrible. I don't know what to think about the whole experience.

Jibar
2008-08-07, 01:35 AM
Warm butter.

Much easier to choke someone with. If you put someone down in it face first, you can also suffocate them easily.
Plus if someone leaves an imprint in it it's really freaky.

Em Blackleaf
2008-08-07, 02:08 AM
I'm afraid of dying young, unhappily, unsuccessfully, etc (so origional, right?).
I'm afraid that everyone I know actually secretly hates me, but they're all just too polite (yet I trust peope way too easily...).
I'm afraid of hearing bad news from a doctor. I wouldn't mind hearing bad news as in, "You can go somewhere for some reason"
But hearing something is seriously wrong with my health, is terrifying.
I guess that might go along with being afraid of dying young.
I used to be afraid of moths, and I still have a dislike of them, along with other bugs.
I'm not afraid of dentists, but I happen to dislike my dentist, because he makes me feel bad about myself whenever I see him.
Like, my teeth have always been in relatively good shape. I get some cavities, and he's like, "Oh, you should stop eating candy, look at all this decay, are you sure you have a toothbrush at home?"
And then he goes on to say something like, "Your teeth aren't perfectly straight, looks like you might need braces."
But that's not a fear... >.>

I'm also afraid of going crazy and someone I love dying.

Felixaar
2008-08-07, 02:46 AM
Hmm. No one is scared of me yet.

...excuse me :smallwink:

Ego Slayer
2008-08-07, 09:11 AM
I'm always afraid that people just find me more weird than funny (and dashing, witty, sexy, humble, muscular, aerobic, purple, and feathered).
*adds to list of people that need meeting*
Wait, you were already on it.
The purple feathered thing interests me. However, as a catman that probably means you just ate a purple bird.

'cause I totally do. >.>
Remind me to sneak up on you next time we see each other. Kk? :smallamused:

Ilena
2008-08-07, 09:29 AM
Needles are really wierd, when i think about them being poked in me my muscles all over my body feel like they go limp and lose their strength ... its a really wierd sensation and such, i dont hate needles, i dislike them and i refuse to see them being poked in me

Coplantor
2008-08-07, 10:15 AM
Wierd thing, there's this plaza-thing near where I live, and I have to walk through it every day to get to classes. Anyway, it is always full of people sitting there and doing nothing, but the road is right in front of them, and I feel like they are watching me, I know they're not but it feel wierd. The curious thing abiut this is that I have no proble with being watched on any other place, just, on that place.

It's not really a fear, but I hate when strangers sit next to me on the bus or train. My entire body on the side they are sitting on starts to itch terriblly.

I thk that's kind of normal, I have a few friends who feel the same way, I feel the same sometimes. It also happens to me when I touch someone I dont really know, the feeling of touching that person remains on the part of the body that I used to touch that person (99% of times the hands, you're all sick, I know what you were thinking) and it feels like an uncomfortable minor itching, it wears of after a few minutes though.

8ronte
2008-08-22, 10:34 AM
i have a major fear of maggots, catipillars slugs and worms.
they are all creeply *shudder* slimey *eewwww* and wriggly *curls up in corner sobbing*

one time i had to move a bin onto the street to be collected and there were maggots on the handle of the bin. i wouldn't empty the bin for weeks after that. I had to get my sister to do it. even now i wear gloves when i touch the bin handle.

Bonecrusher Doc
2008-08-22, 11:27 AM
Swimming in the dark. This does not include swimming pools. Basically I am afraid of stepping on some sort of sea urchin or having other marine wildlife sneaking up on me when I can't see it. Oh... that reminds me. Thanks to some nature videos I've seen, I think if I ever came near a moray eel I would be pretty scared.

Also those long extending aluminum ladders when they wobble. Not A-frames, but the kind you prop up against the side of a building. I've parachuted out of planes before, and that doesn't bother me as much as being at the top of an aluminum ladder when nobody is holding the bottom of it for me.

I have had to sit/lie down to avoid fainting a couple of times when I had particularly bad needlesticks, but I don't consider myself really afraid of those things. It's just a response my body has.

I'm actually not very afraid of physical injury or even death (though I'm a cautious, seatbelt- and helmet- wearing guy) aside from how those things would hurt my family. What does frighten me is if I would ever have a head injury or illness that would affect my mind or personality.

Ilena
2008-08-22, 11:57 AM
Ya i agree with you, i dont fear death, i dont go looking for it, but i know it will come to collect me when it is my time, (i mean no disprect or offense to the following) the thing that i worry about is being crippled, mentaly or physicaly, i would rather be in full control of my body and have all of it attached or be dead, i just try to live life and take care of my horses, i remember being terrified of swimming in the ocean because i thought a shark was going to come and eat me ... (now this is the pasific ocean inbetween vancouver island and vancouver, i dont think theres any sharks anywhere near there, in a boat no biggie, but in the bare water i wasnt really comfortable ...

Bonecrusher Doc
2008-08-22, 02:30 PM
Being physically disabled or even paralyzed is definitely scary, but I wouldn't rather be dead. I would just have to re-invent myself. That's harder for some people than others, like athletes, for whom their identity is closely linked to their physical selves. But there's a U.S. senator who's a triple amputee, and then there's Helen Keller and Stephen Hawking and lots of other famous and non-famous people who are living very full lives. I know you mean no offense, but I think that some people with physical disabilities are very offended by people who say "I would rather be dead than paralyzed." There was a bit of an uproar when the movie Million Dollar Baby came out about that.

Having my mind change I think would be the scariest thing. I think even worse than Alzheimers for me is when I hear about people who used to be nice, then suffer a head injury and turn mean and violent towards their loved ones.

Feel free to put me in my place, folks, if I'm dragging this thread off-topic or straying into too sensitive of a subject.

Ilena
2008-08-22, 02:40 PM
Ya, (woops forgot to put in there i mean no offence for the following), the thing is my most favorite thing in the world is horseback riding and working around horses, and it would probably litterally kill me to hear i couldnt do that anymore to begin with, and secondly my personality (at least the one that got me through earlier life for a few reasons) is that of a soldier and the complete mindset for that and so forth, its a complex issue with myself and again i mean no disrespect to others and i do respect people that have courage enough to persiver, but that is my personal feeling towards myself and my own health

wowy319
2008-08-23, 02:48 PM
Stinging insects (though less so with bees), large bugs and any bug capable of causing me considerable pain (I'm talking about you, army ants). If there's a hornet, wasp, cowkiller ant or anything of the sort in close proximity, I freak out. I'll either freeze up, start shaking or run like hell, without caring how embarassing my display of fear is.

To a lesser extent, I freak out when someone else is holding anything sharp or weapon-like in my general direction, even if it can't break my skin or if they're the nicest, most gentle person ever and they're just preparing food.

Accidental injuries will not bother me, but I flip out about getting injured intentionally by another creature. It scares me too much.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-23, 03:32 PM
I fear mah problems. I have to many.

They're like the horde, only bigger.

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-23, 03:39 PM
I fear a zombie apocolipse (I even keep a shotgun/other zombie survival gear, just in case)
I fear dieing young
I fear the reaper :smalltongue:
I could sit hear listing my fear's for a long time, which isn't a good thing >.>

Collin152
2008-08-23, 06:51 PM
I'm afraid of calling people on the phone.

I'm afraid of places I've never been to.

I'm afraid of asking people questions, sometimes.
Especially authority figures and people I don't know well.

Almighty Salmon
2008-08-23, 06:56 PM
Little. Girl. Ghosts.

But apart from that I have a massive phobia of needles. Everytime I see one I immediately feel nauseous. I think it's because I had to have three blood tests in a row as a child, the nurse just didn't get enough blood each time or something.

I also have a fear of going outside due to bullying.

And spiders. Damn, I hate spiders.

Dorizzit
2008-08-23, 07:00 PM
Pain. I have an overpowering phobia of pain. Also, heights. And the dark.

Corrupted One
2008-08-23, 07:05 PM
Spiders and insects in general scare me alot. But I can't stand to kill them so I usually spend an hour and a half fruitlessly trying to shephard them outside. I am also terrified of the ocean and odd numbers. There was a point a few years ago when I would count the number of words in each senetence I wrote ( twice of course because the number one is evil) to make sure it was even. This only lasted for a couple weeks though but it did make life needlessly complicated and came with the burden one expects to come with a nigh dibilatating insanely irrational phobia. I still prefer even over odd numbers and occassionally catch myself unconsciously counting my actions to make sure they are done an even amount of times but it's nowhere near as bad as it was before. I am also scared of thinking too hard about the ocean depths for fear I might accidentally transport myself there. And a huge laundry list of other insane phobias. Yep. Being me rocks :smallfrown:

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-23, 09:30 PM
Little. Girl. Ghosts.

Was this due to playing Fatal frame? (I think thats what it's called)
If not, don't play it.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-08-23, 09:54 PM
Cicadas.
Not so much fear of them, its jsut that the sound they make set me on edge, and when they fly out (and they will fly out at you), it sets off all my Avoid, Locate and Terminate reflexes.

Also, this morning, I was walking up the hill to work, and wasn't paying much attention. A wet leaf attached to a tree branch jumped out at me. I swear, the tree attacked me.
Avoid, Locate and Terminate reflexes activated, again.

I don't recoil in fear, no, I try to kill it!

black_Lizzard
2008-08-24, 08:27 AM
I've got some terrible fears.

I'm basically fearless so I fear being unable to relate to people with lesser wills.
I fear never being able to meet someone as awesome as me without looking into a mirror.
I fear that whenever I look into a mirror I may never be able to turn away because I'm just so dazzling.
I fear everyone around me will feel completely worthless as they reflexively compare themselves to me and realize the difference between us is like night and day.
I fear accomplishing everything too easily because then I will never be able to experience the joy of accomplishing something through hard work and effort.
I fear never being able to experience true happiness because sorrow is completely alien to me.

Your should fear being turned into a flower. (kudos to anyone who gets it)

-------

I don't so much have a phobia of dentists as a hatred for them. Whenever I go, i inevitably have a cavity and i cant stand the drilling. Most painful experience I've had in my life is from having my teeth drilled. My teeth are incredibly sensitive already, and the novocane does not numb my teeth at all.

I have a fear of being judged in real life, not on the internet. On the internet i can just disappear, or change my name. Im more afraid of screwing up with someone i'll have to see every day.

Have a fear of swimming in open water because anything could be underneath me, though i can usually rationalize it away.

Fortunately, because im Christian i dont have a fear of death, im not (too much) afraid of a meaningless life, and im not afraid of anything supernatural.

Im not afraid of needles because i donated blood once, and they use these huge needles about the size of those coffee-stirring straw-things, but it wasn't so bad when they stuck me (even though they managed to miss my vein a couple of times which is pretty amazing because my veins are incredibly large).

linmacca
2008-08-24, 06:01 PM
Haha, I get the flower thing...

I have several irrational fears, unfortunately.

Heights is the main one for me. It's less of fear of heights or falling than it is of hitting the ground. So, um, perfectly rational, right? That said, looking at the ground from anything higher than 4 feet is terrifying for me. When I was much younger, my family visited a lighthouse during a vacation. After so many floors up, I was literally clinging to the floor with panic. My parents were trying to get me to look out the window... Exception: planes, amazingly. I can somehow go on planes without freaking out (too much).

Also...
Wasps/bees - this causes me to run from any buzzing noise or any flying insect at all, until I'm sure it's not a bee.
Balls - they always seem to hit me, so I run when anyone throws one.
Statues - thanks a lot, Doctor Who. Now I have to stare unblinkingly at statues (especially angel ones), or else they'll come alive.
Mirrors - This is the most baffling. I have no idea why, but I can't bring myself to look at a mirror when it's dark. I always have to duck under them or dodge past them.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-24, 06:13 PM
I fear the reaper :smalltongue:
Whats wrong with Nameless?:smalltongue:

Collin152
2008-08-24, 06:22 PM
Your should fear being turned into a flower. (kudos to anyone who gets it)

Oh, yes.

I have a fear that I'll be deprived of my ability to come up with my own words, be resolved to follow around someone I love waiting for them to say something romantic for me to say back, only for them to become a flower.

... haven't seen this much love in a room since narcissus discovered himself...

Almighty Salmon
2008-08-24, 06:23 PM
Was this due to playing Fatal frame? (I think thats what it's called)
If not, don't play it.

*Twitch* Well, now I just have to play that game. You sir, have plagued me for life.

CrazedGoblin
2008-08-24, 06:45 PM
Statues - thanks a lot, Doctor Who. Now I have to stare unblinkingly at statues (especially angel ones), or else they'll come alive.

best episode ever, and i know what you mean about statues :smalleek: