PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Epic Feats to a Non-Epic Game

Deepblue706
2008-08-06, 04:43 PM
The title pretty much says it all. I'm considering what the reprocussions would be if I were to allow access to a select bundle of Epic feats for a bunch of level 5-20 characters. Most prereqs would still be around (meaning no early Epic Spellcasting), only the [Epic] restriction is removed. This allows access to feats like Armor Skin, Combat Archery and Great Charisma (etc). They'll all be hand-picked by me, and almost all of it is beneficial to non-spellcasters.

Does anyone think this could get particularly out-of-hand? Could it perhaps, to some degree, put classes like the Fighter or Monk back on-par with some of the more powerful classes? And, has anyone else done anything of this sort before?

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-08-06, 04:54 PM
Epic Toughness needs to be banned. Other than that, I'd say require a feat-by-feat approval for you.

Worira
2008-08-06, 05:03 PM
As long as you individually check the feats, it should be fine. A lot of epic feats aren't that good anyway.

Deepblue706
2008-08-06, 05:07 PM
Epic Toughness needs to be banned. Other than that, I'd say require a feat-by-feat approval for you.

Yeah, of course I wouldn't allow Epic Toughness. And, I'd certainly give each one selected a check before just saying "okay".

To give a better idea, here's my preliminary "list" of ones I'd allow to be taken (not all of the ones attainable with [Epic] removed, but a fair amount, and, they aren't that abusable - tho, I'd still check in what context they'd be used, and possibly exploited...):

Armor Skin
Combat Archery
Damage Reduction
Dire Charge
Epic Endurance
Exceptional Deflection
Great (Attribute)
Improved Darkvision
Improved Low-Light Vision
Improved Stunning Fist
Legendary Wrestler
Perfect Health
Spellcasting Harrier
Storm of Throws
Swarm of Arrows

Emperor Tippy
2008-08-06, 05:19 PM
Armor Skin Should be fine
Combat Archery Should be fine
Damage Reduction Should be fine so long as you don't allow them to take it repeatedly. A fighter with DR 33+ is doable
Dire Charge Should be fine
Epic Endurance Should be fine
Exceptional Deflection Should be fine, just don't allow infinite deflection
Great (Attribute) Should be fine, could effect save DC's in unforseen ways
Improved Darkvision Should be fine
Improved Low-Light Vision Should be fine
Improved Stunning Fist Should be fine
Legendary Wrestler Could be iffy, depends on the build
Perfect Health Should be fine
Spellcasting Harrier Should be fine
Storm of Throws Should be fine, might want to rework bloodstorm blade though
Swarm of Arrows Iffy