PDA

View Full Version : Make me Guybrush Threepwood.

Arros Winhadren
2008-08-06, 05:20 PM
I'm thinking Stormwrack will come into play here. Swashbuckler too, but how do you manage using insults to hit/damage your enemy?

I do hope you guys know who Guybrush is.

Frosty
2008-08-06, 05:28 PM
In his inventory, he must have at least one "Eau de LeChuck"

Kiara LeSabre
2008-08-06, 05:32 PM
The tricky part is going to involve being able to hold your breath for 10 minutes without any magic.

MammonAzrael
2008-08-06, 05:37 PM
hmm....Maybe some type of Truenaming?

Spiryt
2008-08-06, 06:03 PM
The tricky part is going to involve being able to hold your breath for 10 minutes without any magic.

Well, just give him some massive bonus to Constitution checks made to avoid drowning. Maybe a bit crude, but simple way.

Waspinator
2008-08-06, 07:15 PM
I'd give him a huge Constitution score just because he plain can not die. Like ever. All of his other stats, with the possible exception of Charisma, should have negative modifiers, though.

For class, maybe one of those "Dashing Swordsman" homebrewed ones people made for Elan? The insult sword-fighting needs to be in there somehow.

For inventory, he needs at least a cutlass and a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle.

Kiara LeSabre
2008-08-06, 07:37 PM
I'd give him a huge Constitution score just because he plain can not die. Like ever. All of his other stats, with the possible exception of Charisma, should have negative modifiers, though.

For class, maybe one of those "Dashing Swordsman" homebrewed ones people made for Elan? The insult sword-fighting needs to be in there somehow.

For inventory, he needs at least a cutlass and a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle.

I'd say he has a huge bonus to Constitution and a strong bonus to Charisma, too (he may be goofy, but he's a likable goof who manages to get people to go along with him). Otherwise, he's pretty average physically and maybe combines a good Intelligence (creative ...) with a low Wisdom (... ditz).

Bluff, Diplomacy and Swim are absolutely class skills for him regardless of whether anything else is.

Arros Winhadren
2008-08-06, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking some sort of massive Swim score for the breath. It's also important to carry around some drugged meat (never know when you might find some poodles) and a banana picker.

Maybe I can take Favored Enemy: Ghosts? Would he have smite evil for when he encounters those nasty undead, or would he get Craft (Root Beer) for that?

Treguard
2008-08-07, 05:27 AM
If we're thinking build, Fortune's Friend from Complete Scoundrel fits quite well.

SmartAlec
2008-08-07, 08:17 AM
No mention of his Pantaloons of Holding?

PnP Fan
2008-08-07, 08:35 AM
Okay, since no one else has done it. . . <sigh>

Alakazam!
<blue puff of smoke>
There! You are now Guybrush Threepwood!

And for my next trick I'll pull a rabbit out of my hat. . .

chiasaur11
2008-08-07, 12:07 PM
Okay, since no one else has done it. . . <sigh>

Alakazam!
<blue puff of smoke>
There! You are now Guybrush Threepwood!

And for my next trick I'll pull a rabbit out of my hat. . .

[rocky the flying squirrel] That trick never works. [/rocky the flying squirrel].

Waspinator
2008-08-07, 12:44 PM
Eh, big whoop.

*is crushed by a giant monkey robot*

Arros Winhadren
2008-08-08, 04:34 PM
So I'm thinking a little homebrewed Swashbuckler that just uses Charisma instead of Int for Insightful Strike. Then how about Dread Pirate?

Kiara LeSabre
2008-08-08, 04:58 PM
I definitely like Fortune's Friend, actually. And take as many Luck feats as you can. Pile them on. Add in absolutely anything else you can find that simulates lucky survival, too.

Arros Winhadren
2008-08-08, 06:33 PM
The more I think about it the more I want Imp Uncanny Feint, but I don't think there's any way to get it except for the Invisible Blade PrC. The problem is that I want it to work with Rapiers, and I want to use my Perform(Insults) to use it instead of Bluff. That would really be what makes Guybrush.

ericgrau
2008-08-08, 07:24 PM
Perhaps we need to make a prestige class or feat just for this.

Arros Winhadren
2008-08-09, 01:13 PM
Okay, so I wrote up a prestige class, but this is the first time I've ever done anything like it. I tried to base it off of that Dashing Swordsman PrC because that's the closest thing to this I could think of. I would really appreciate people letting me know what I've done wrong/could change. Keep in mind I did this in a few minutes and it's not at all finished.

Insult Swordfighter PrC

d8 HD

Alignment: Non-Lawful
BAB: ??
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Combat Expertise, Quick Draw
Skills: Perform (Insults) 8, Swim 8, Bluff 8

Class Skills: ??

Skill Points:4 + Int Mod skills

Gains Proficiency with the rapier and light armor.

Sneak Attack(Ex)
Class levels in this class stack with Rogue levels for determining Sneak Attack.

Hold Your Breath(Ex)
You can hold your breath for 10 minutes.

Grog usage(Ex)
Aware of the acidic nature of grog, you may use any grog you have on you to add a confidence bonus of 10 to your Open Lock skill.

"You fight like a dairy farmer"(Ex)
You hurt your enemy with an appropriate insult, quite phsyically. Add your Cha mod to damage.

You gain Improved Feint as a bonus Feat, even if you do not qualify for the
pre-reqs.

"Look, a Three Headed Monkey!"(Ex)
You may now Feint in combat as a free action. Use your perform (insults) instead of your Bluff skill for feinting.

"How Appropriate, You Fight Like a Cow"(Ex)
As a move action, chose one enemy to guard yourself against. You may add
your Cha modifier to AC for all attacks this enemy makes against you for the
rest of the encounter. You may do this up to your Cha Mod times per day.

The Ultimate Insult (Su)
You make a relentless assault on your enemy's ego. The enemy must make a Will Save of DC (Insult Swordfighter level + a Perform(Insult) check). If the enemy fails you do an attack roll as normal (adding all bonuses and SA if it applies), but instead of doing physical damage you do damage to the enemy's Charisma. You may do this once per day.

So what do you think? It's obviously going to be a ten level PrC, but I'm not sure what to give at what levels. Grog and Breath can probably come first level.

Fenix_of_Doom
2008-08-09, 01:29 PM
The Ultimate Insult (Su)
You make a relentless assault on your enemy's ego. The enemy must make a Will Save of DC (Insult Swordfighter level + a Perform(Insult) check). If the enemy fails you do an attack roll as normal (adding all bonuses and SA if it applies), but instead of doing physical damage you do damage to the enemy's Charisma. You may do this once per day.You gain no experience for an enemy defeated this way

Fixed that for you.

Kiara LeSabre
2008-08-09, 01:38 PM
The problem is that Guybrush holding his breath for 10 minutes at a time was supposed to be a unique trait, while insult swordfighting is something lots of people in his world do. Adding it as a class feature for an insult swordfighter prestige class would steal his uniqueness.

Treguard
2008-08-09, 01:53 PM
^ And to be fair, he hasn't got many unique traits to begin with.

Arros Winhadren
2008-08-09, 03:58 PM
That's true about the holding the breath thing. Any pirate worth his salt knows about Grog though. And honestly, the Ultimate Insult is supposed to be broken, so I would even take the whole "no experience earned" anyways. I would squander it on enemies I could kill normally just because I don't like them.

Edit: Here's a thread on the homebrew forum regarding the Insult Swordfighter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4680768#post4680768)

AKA_Bait
2008-08-11, 09:32 AM
Man this is cool. I miss the old version of that game. And LOOM. Too bad the lucas arts site stopped selling those classic games packs.