PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Bone Knight Changes

Gorbash
2008-08-06, 09:53 PM
In my group's next campaign (Age of Worms), I will be playing a LN Half-Orc Cleric of Hextor/Ordained Champion/Bone Knight. But due to some internal party conflicts, summoning, controling and other dealings with undead are off limits to me (it would really piss off those two NG and CG characterS), so I won't be able to use Bone March, Skeletal Steed, Master of the White Banner and Fill the Ranks abilities, so in order not to make the levels where I would get those abilities a waste, my DM allowed me to come up with a Bone Knight fix. So, I'm asking you, dear playgrounders, to help me with this task. I was thinking that fighter's BAB or one extra caster lvl would account for those 4 abilities, but any suggestions are welcome.

ArmorArmadillo
2008-08-06, 10:53 PM
Well, for starters I'll just say that even without undead controlling abilities Bone Knight is a very good PRC.

Giving full caster level or BAB would be a mistake, as then you'd be giving up almost nothing to gain a lot of quality immunities.

Generally, it you don't want to control the undead, then your best bet would be abilities that banish undead.

Bone March doesn't count for much on its own, it's primarily a flavor thing justifying their control of undead in Karrnath when they themselves aren't clerics.

Skeletal Steed is meant to compensate for a Paladin's steed, so unless you're focusing on Mounted Combat it won't help you much.

Master of the White Banner and Fill the Ranks are a bit more useful, again I'd focus on abilities that impede or banish undead to keep the theme. Probably a bonus feat related to turning.

Again, though, Bone Knight is really good even without these abilities.

Burley
2008-08-07, 07:33 AM
Pardon the ignorance, but what is a Bone Knight? Where can I find it, and what could I use it for?

bosssmiley
2008-08-07, 07:44 AM
Pardon the ignorance, but what is a Bone Knight? Where can I find it, and what could I use it for?

It's a PrC in "Five Nations" for Eberron. Basically it's an undead controller full BAB class with a Gother-than-thou 'bone armour + skeletal steed' look. Think blackguard lite, or death knight without the [Undead] or [Evil] tags.

edit: v- I stand corrected. 7/10, not full BAB

(full BAB + partial caster advancement would be such a game breaker :smallannoyed: )

Gorbash
2008-08-07, 08:55 AM
It's not full BAB, it's 7/10. For the awesomness, check the picture below.

http://nightmare.org/dnd/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=8775&g2_serialNumber=1