PDA

View Full Version : A God Game

Pages : [1] 2

Emperor Demonking
2008-08-07, 05:29 AM
You don't remember much when you wake up. You then remember most things apart from history, you know that you have history but you can't remember what that history is.

You wake up in a large stone room (as do your fellow gods) with a large wooden door. The floor is flat rock. Their is a large window on each wall allowing you to see the rest of the world.

Fan
2008-08-07, 05:34 AM
((I'm tempted to just go OMG ROTFOL, but I'm a better roleplayer then that.))

Aresk, stood up drawing his cloak near to prevent the cold from getting in, he then went out to some mountain cliff, and saw the darkness of the world, Aresk then dropped his cloak dramticly revealing his full form, and said 4 simple words "Let there be light.", and the light came dawning over the peaks of the mountain in a beautiful cascade of color the angel then jumped off the cliff to survey their new world, leaving but this parting statement, "As I have willed it the darkness hath been banished from the world, exposing all to the eyes of gods."

Erothayce
2008-08-07, 05:51 AM
Erothayce is in a room made of stone surrounded by the other gods and goddesses. Not knowing how he arrived in this room he simply doesn't pat it any thought. "It must be part of a plan."Quickly scanning the other divine beings assembled around him Erothayce tries to place their loyalties and their place in the great plan of law. He feels a particular kinship with a tall being in a dark cloak. As if they share the same goals in this universe.

Feeling as though a part of his divine being is missing Erothayce sets about creating his followers. These will be beings of pure law and order devoted to holding up these great causes. They shall live long lives so they may continue to uphold order. Erothayce says as he breathes life into his creations.

loopy
2008-08-07, 07:26 AM
Script

Script opens his eyes, readjusts his glasses, and looks around the room over his book. He is content to be an observer for the moment, feeling that world altering events may be taking place over the next few minutes.

ForzaFiori
2008-08-07, 07:54 AM
Kabos stands, moving next to Aresk as he creates light. Some should be hidden, even from our eyes. Let there always be places in shadow and night, places in total darkness. and with those words, Kabos set in motion day and night, and dropped many tunnels into the underdark. then he nealt down and began to ponder how he wished his worshippers to be.

Fan
2008-08-07, 08:04 AM
Aresk landed, on one of the more majestic mountain ranges further down the mountain, and from this he made the Monatary of the nine, a place for warriors of every race to come, and handle thei disagreements either through diplomacy or duel. He then picked up some snow, and some sand and mixed the two together, and blew the mixture to the wind, and gave it form, and sentience these would be the Astral Deva's his maintainers of Justice, and gaurdians of the monastary of 9

Don the Bastard
2008-08-07, 08:39 AM
And so through their actions all the gods brought about Cog, a being of thought, I will go about the world and bring innovation and change, I will give thought to Aresk's Devas to make better there Guardianship, and I will make the Forglings to spread my word of technology and development. And so Cog took metal from the earth and molded it into little men, complex and inteligent, and gave them her spark of creation.

TheOutlander
2008-08-07, 09:15 AM
Phelunus opened his eyes, well, opened isn't the right term.

as his eyes first saw light, he shut them, as he was unused to such brightness. Rolling out of his flat bed, he makes a small thump as he lands on the floor. He stumbles from one god to the next, trying to wake up, grabbing a hair here, a feather there, some dead skin on the side. now when I say stumbling, let me elaborate.

He's stumbling as he teleports, teleporting into mountainsides, rocks, other gods and the palace itself, holding onto anything to give him balance.

Looking at the master works that the others had created, he realised he could show what he could create. and out of the soreness of teleporting into the ground he created Grass, a soft carpet that would soften his falls.

and he looked at it, and saw that it was good... for now...

ForzaFiori
2008-08-07, 10:26 AM
Kabos left the mountain, heading south to one of the many tunnels he had created. Here, he made his servants, the bugbears, large, tall, and inherently evil, he created them to do his bidding in the dark times. He also created a force to rival Aresk's Devas, his deamons, fueled by pure evil, these misshapen beings came in all forms, living deep in the underdark.

Fan
2008-08-07, 10:35 AM
Aresk felt this new evil arrise tainting the world, with hate, and bloodshed, and destroying the natural order, so he went to the god of nature imploring him to aid him in creating a force to stand against this new threat, the god declined, but instead he forged living ironwood, with the aid of the angelfather, the wood was as strong as forged steel, yet as light as regular wood, while also having the ability to regenerate at an incredible rate, allowing one to make a self growing, and maintaining fortress. That they did they made the bastion of light a shining fortress, and a beacon of hope to all good races, but one could not have a fortress without soldiers, and thus he, and the nature god made the Avorals winged, and feathered humanoids, and a symbol of the unity of the two gods, hopefully forever forging peace bewteen the two beings. (I have his premission to do this.)

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-07, 11:07 AM
Azura opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling for a while. The stone on which she laid was cold to the touch. At that moment, she thought that something was wrong. Once she had completely regained control of her body, the Goddess stood up and opened her six majestic wings. Then, she walked towards the bright light coming out of the doorway, giving no attention to the words of the other deities present. Each step echoed with a thunderous noise.

Azura smiled at the sight of her domain : a seemingly infinite blue sky.

However, the sky was still and empty. So Azura decided to disperse the spirits later known as the Four Winds around the world. Afterwards, she flew down the mountain to gather material from the earth. She carefully molded clay figurines of various shapes and sizes. Upon completing the figurines with some of her own feathers, she breathed life into them. The host of creatures then took flight and populated the Goddess' domain.

Satisfied with the results, Azura turned back to face the mountain. A grin formed on her face as she began to understand her other nature, that of a deity of luck and ambition. Slowly elevating herself above ground, she decided to go back to the castle in order to watch the other gods in action and gauge their abilities.

alexeduardo
2008-08-07, 01:06 PM
With a hell of fire, Algul Mazra came.
His uncontrolable rage destroyed most of the southern isle's primitive inhabitants in a few days.
He then set fire to the mountains and made them explode from the inside.
killing EVERYTHING

he then used the molten rock to make a huge underwater ship that he used to go to the mainland.
Once he arrived he started setting more mountains on fire, and is gonna blow them up soon.

alexeduardo
2008-08-07, 01:08 PM
You don't remember much when you wake up. You then remember most things apart from history, you know that you have history but you can't remember what that history is.

You wake up in a large stone room (as do your fellow gods) with a large wooden door. The floor is flat rock. Their is a large window on each wall allowing you to see the rest of the world.

oh, and I blow it all to hell before using my fire chariot to head for the southern isles

yes, I am insane, and yes, I hate RL so get out of my way I plan on killing everything and no one can stop me

right?

Emperor Demonking
2008-08-07, 01:12 PM
No you didn't.

The only life are those created so far and I doubt they'd let you destroy their creatures just like that.

You also started on the mainland.

Fan
2008-08-07, 01:16 PM
Shut up Alex you aren't some Mega god, who can destroy us all, and i actually speficlly made my fortress to resist fire, namely Iron wood.

alexeduardo
2008-08-07, 01:20 PM

okay then,
I'm a young, fragile demigod who just suddenly realized he could walk. I ran through the barren mainland looking for something to kill/set on fire.
The only thing I found was this dang palm tree and I set it on fire oh so sweetly and watched for 2 hours until all the ashs were gone, then I ran some more and fell asleep on a cave, wondering when will anyone make something for me to kill.

better?

Fan
2008-08-07, 01:38 PM
Your a decent powered god, Alex why are you so angry if you want to talk about it, PM me, if you dont then go to Smellie Hippy he'll talk with you,

Erothayce
2008-08-07, 02:10 PM
Leaving the castle he awoke in Erothayce thinks I must have a place to dwell and my children must have a place to worship and a place of safety. So thinking Erothayce creates the Bastion of Law, a floating palace in the sky from where he ca monitor all who would strive to break the laws and undo order. In addition to this mighty castle he creates Zorakoa, a mighty cathedral that his children may worship him in that also doubles as a refuge in times of chaos or war.

Fan
2008-08-07, 02:17 PM
And in honor of their freindship he inscribes his warriors weapons with runes of battle, and assigns some of his most elite warriors to the training of his soldiers. He then flew into the sky beating his great celestial wings, and from the purest light he made the Illumins, beings of great intellect, and forged of pure golden light, they would be his generals, and advisors, the wisest of his creations.

Erothayce
2008-08-07, 02:28 PM
"What shall our children eat? For there are no animals nor do they know how to grow food. Saying this Erothayce asks the other gods for aid in creating animals to hunt and for the knowledge to grow feed so the new races may sustain themselves.

ForzaFiori
2008-08-07, 03:12 PM
rising through the sky, Kabos sees an odd structure of wood, radiating with goodness. Seeing the advances they are making, he decides to stop it. He uses his powers over chaos to warp the wood, turning once perfect walls into misshapen logs, full of holes, odd twists and turns, and little to no protection value. He grins as his form shifts to that of a lovely woman, and he floats down to the now bent citadel. Come out, come out, where ever you are! I know something is in there! he yells gleefully, rubbing his hands together, as two of his deamons come up behind him, the first hugely muscled, though slow and rather funny looking, the second with wings and long tentacle like arms.

Erothayce
2008-08-07, 03:14 PM
Feeling the disturbance of order Erothayce attempts to locate it. Finding the source he teleports there. Seeing the god of chaos adn his lackeys Erothayce says "What do you think you are doing Perversion?"

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-07, 03:18 PM
Seeing as most of the other gods were already active in the world, Azura saw fit to create a race of servants to inform her of the most recent developments. To this effect, she conjured a magical horn and proceeded to blow into it.

The mystical call was immediately heared, and in answer came mischevious spirits, born of the union of the searing and dusty Wind of the South and the freezing but moist Wind of the North. She named the newborn creatures Jinns and gifted them with strength, speed and wit.

Once the Jinns were sent away to perform their various tasks, Azura approached her divine kin. Listening to Erothayce's concerns, she decided to speak for the first time.

"Your concerns are true, my dear Erothayce. Let every god and goddess know this : the birds living in the sky will give their meat to hunters, providing that each animal killed is treated with respect and thanked for his sacrifice. If any abuse is done to my creatures, it won't go unpunished."
Her voice was sharp but pleasing none the less.
"Now...others will have to populate the ground, the underground and the oceans, so that there may be enough food for everyone."

ForzaFiori
2008-08-07, 03:31 PM
Perversion? Me? No no, I am simply part of this world, as needed a player as yourself or any other. I am simply having a little fun. Would you like to join in?

Erothayce
2008-08-07, 03:40 PM
Saying to Azura"Thank you dear one. My children will always show proper respect tot those of the sky."

"This twisting of the natural order is unnatural and must be stopped. I ask that you desist this at once." Exerting his will Erothayce returns the walls to their original shape.

ForzaFiori
2008-08-07, 03:42 PM
unnatural? My good god, Chaos and change IS nature. ITt is exactly what nature is! Kabos starts to exert his own will to bend the logs. Without the change that I promote, life stagnates and dies. With out me, all will die

Erothayce
2008-08-07, 03:51 PM
"I think not. Order is needed. Without order everything would spiral into a mass of chaos and oblivion that would end with the destruction of the universe. Erothayce exerts his will against that of Kabos in shaping the logs.

ForzaFiori
2008-08-07, 04:00 PM
Ah, but who ever said Order isn't needed? I just stated that Chaos is needed, just like you need Earth and Air, Fire and Water to shape an earth, you need Chaos and Order, Good and Evil to keep it. I am simply fulfulling my half of the bargain. Kabos releases his attempts on the logs, seizing the opportunity to instead screw with the stuff around it. As the logs go back to normal, the ground begins to shift, Hills forming, cliffs dropping a few feet down and much more. Then Kabos takes out his horn, pulling it from the tatoo on his chest, and invokes it. He blinks out of the area, appearing to the northeast of where they awoke. Looking around, he realizes that this would be a great spot for a bastion of evil. He then leans down, and pulls some clay together into a roughly humanoid shape, before animating it, creating the goblinoids, the servants of evil. He commands them to build his stronghold.

Erothayce
2008-08-07, 04:10 PM
Pesky agent of chaos. I must have more children to combat his chaos. Erothayce scoops up a handful of earth and creates the race of earth mephits. He sends them to live near his other children.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-07, 04:23 PM
Simmith&Brakin

Simmith awoke, and looked around his room with distaste. It was stone, drab and simple, no class, no elegance. He looked down at himself with a smile, well, at least there was SOME class here. He rose, his fine clothes perfect and clean. He wore white, chased with gold, and with blue details, made from crushed sapphire. He smiled, and licked his lips with a long tongue. His pink eyes sparkled with mischief.

He walked over to the door, when he noticed something strange. He looked around, and saw his shadow. But it was not JUST his shadow. It was grinning, with eyes that glowed as his own, and a grin that was delightfully amused, in a cruel and mischievous manner. What more distinguished itself from him, was that it had horns, and its legs ended in clawed feet. He looked down at his feet, he wore beautifully crafted leather shoes. He felt his head... he had no horns.

He grinned back at the shadow that wasn't a shadow, and it grinned back. He spoke Well well, who are you? The shadow spoke back. I am known as Brakin, you? Simmith thought for a moment before responding. I am Simmith... brother. They both grinned again, and he turned and opened the door, Brakin mirroring his every move. To anyone else it would appear as a normal shadow, unless he wished otherwise.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-07, 04:55 PM
Azura saw Erothayce teleport away to attend other matters of importance. She sensed without any trouble the disturbance around the stronghold of the Gods of Good and realized that a conflict had already erupted between them and their adversaries. At that precise moment, a jinn flew by and informed her of the existence of an interesting species. Following the directions given by her servant, she came upon the elves for the first time.

The Feathered Lady was feeling great pity for these people intoxicated by the precepts of Order. However, since Erothayce was busy in another part of the world, she chose to take action. Hiding her wings, she appeared before the elvish nation as a angelic being. She promised great gifts to those willing to follow her in the great unknown. Most elves rejected the offer without hesitation, but some of them showed greater ambition. Those few who chose to accompany the goddess in disguise walked a long way until they reached a hill overlooking a great cliff. Asura told the elves that if they wanted to, they could learn to fly like a bird. She urged them to try. Again, the majority rejected the idea and left, frustrated. However, a number of elves stayed, embracing the idea of flying. When they finally lept into the void, wings grew out of their back. The winged elves, known also as Avariels, were born that day.

As the Avariels departed in search of a new homeland, Azura stood, alone, but serene, on the side of the cliff. She knew that the God of Law would immediately be aware of this. So, she asked the wind to deliver the great Erothayce a message.

"Those elves have been liberated from the chains of oppression. Do not intervene, for they chose willingly their new path in life. Know that Chaos doesn't tolerate stagnation. Now, however, it is up to the elves to take their fate in their own hands. Those two species will meet again. Maybe they will go to war, or maybe they will be able to live peacefully. That, we will see..."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-07, 05:03 PM
Simmith&Brakin

Simmith watched Azura work, and a plan formed in his mind. He located the Avariel, and stayed hidden from their sight. He located one who was separate from the rest, though they did not seem averse to his company. This suited Simmith perfectly. He waited until the Avariel, who's name he learned was Aveeris, was out of sight of the rest. He flew close behind him, and with a single motion, broke his neck. He needed to dispose of the corpse, and so he called to himself hundreds of crows and buzzards. He game them the corpse, and soon it was mere bone, which he turned to dust and scattered in the winds. He took the appearance of Aveeris, and went among the other Avariel, a smile on his lips. He had made sure to disguise his actions, so none would be the wiser.

Erothayce
2008-08-07, 05:06 PM
Sending a message on the wind back to Azura Erothayce says"While I do not care for your intrusion into my childrens lives I will take no action now for it is not the right time in the great plan for such actions. Just know that any further tampering will incur my wrath.

To himselfMy children must have more protection. So saying Erothayce created the Hound Archons, a race of elite soldiers and guards, and instructs them to defend the elves.

Don the Bastard
2008-08-07, 07:29 PM
Cog came to Algul Mazra and said "I will give your fire thought, so that it might go about the world doing your bidding" Algul held out his hands and Cog breathed into them inspiration creating the fire elementals. "These I give to you, let them do your bidding" she then walked to the trees, and breathed into them thought, creating Treants "These are for you also"

And so it was she went to all the creations of the gods, giving each of the new creations thought & free will (now there is a can of worms), the Goblinoids and Daemons cunning, the Angels wisdom, the Elves creativity. "We must share our ability to create, allow our minions to do as we do".

And when she was done she sat on the clouds and spoke to each of the gods in turn, "what will you create next, so that I might give it thought?"

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-07, 07:49 PM
Simmith&Brakin

Simmith spent a time befriending the other Avariel before setting to work. He told them of something he'd seen. He told them of the coming of a great creature, a god of thunder and fury. He told them it took the form of a great reptilian beast, that resided in the mountains ahead. He told them he knew of a safer place. They were unsure at first, but Brakin whispered to their shadows, and spoke in their dreams, haunting them with a great monster of fury and hatred.

Reluctantly, they agreed to follow Aveeris-who-was-Simmith, and so he lead them far to the east. He took them to a land of long days and longer shadows. He told them of a way to live in the clouds as if they were land, and how to appear as bright beacons of light and hope. He told them that their name should be synonymous with good. And so he made them fake-angels, creatures that would think themselves creatures of pure good, but would not truly be as such. He made a copy of Aveeris, who would be their leader and prophet, and they would worship him.

After that he took his leave. He needed followers of his own. he began to ponder their form, as he drifted lazily to the kingdoms of the other gods.

Ipphli
2008-08-07, 08:30 PM
Hammon awoke later than the rest. After rising and looking out at the world he sighed. Already the others were bickering and fighting. Deciding the soon-to-be-dead of the mortal races would need a place of repose. Delving deep into the earth, far below the tunnels alread created, Hammon created a huge cavern.
In this cavern a city was built to accomodate those that arrived. After some thought and observing the others, Hammon created the earth elementals, powerful beings that could help expand his domain in time, and protect it from the others.
Seeing how little life there was in the world, Hammon went to the god of nature and suggested the creation of the insects and crawling things that live in the ground. After seeing the elves and averial, Hammon decided to create his own race of mortal, sentient beings. Again using the earth around him, the dwarves were created and set to live in the mountains, were they could be better protected by the rock and the elementals now living in it.
All this done, Hammon sat back and watched what the others would do...

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-07, 09:08 PM
Azura the Sky Goddess

Not long afterward, Azura sensed the presence of a being more ambitious than any other she had encountered (in fact it was two beings in one, but that, she didn't know). She didn't care if this one had other plans for the newly created winged elves, so after a short moment of reflexion, she left the cliffside to return to the divine mountain.

There, she encountered Cog. Listening carefully to her proposal, the Feathered Lady invited the fellow goddess to accompany her somewhere in the wilderness, to the southwest. She had two tasks in mind for her. First, she needed her abilities to build the Tower of Enlightment and its challenges, for which the design only existed in her head. Then, she presented the Goddess of Technology with a number of identical eggs, all around 1 feet in length and 1 feet in width. She asked her to give one egg to each deity of the pantheon as a present, keeping one for herself, while telling them their personal egg is the only one in existence, and that its power is enormous.

Each egg has in fact a great potential, the potential to be anything. The motives, thoughts and feelings of its owner will shape the future form of the hatchling.
(OOC : In simple terms, the eggs are dragon eggs. Anyone who keeps the egg long enough to see it hatch will have put some of its power and personality into it. This way, every deity can have his own breed of dragon.)

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-07, 09:30 PM
Simmith&Brakin

After pondering awhile, Simmith looked over the realms of the gods. There were so many creatures, so many possibilities. He needed followers, and any of these creatures would do but... he needed something of his own, something he could forever call upon for just... one more favor. He smiled at this, and then he had a thought. There were so many creatures, he should make something that was everything.

And so Simmith set about creating a race of creatures, with infinite potential for deception and guises to wear. He created them in his own image at first. Then he made them white skinned, tall, but not too tall, and incredibly spindly. He removed all their facial features, but gave them the ability to sense everything about them with their minds, and also to read the minds of others, as well as some other limited psychic abilities, with the ability to learn more. He then gave these creatures the most fantastic ability of all. He gave them the ability to become like anything their minds touched, within reason of course. As they were now they could only assume the forms of creatures similar to themselves, of average size and humanoid form. However, in time, if their abilities of the mind grew, they could shape their forms into anything and everything. He connected himself with them, so he would always know who they were. He then sent groups to each of the races, to worm their way into their societies. Before they left however, he told them what they would be called. He told them they would be the Hesh. It was the only word unique to them, and in every language it would translate to one thing: Mirror.

As he watched them take their leave, he soared high in the sky, cloaking himself as a cloud, with Bragin being his shadow on the ground below. He watched someone, a god he realized, give another something. He was intrigued, and so he stopped being a cloud, and became a bird, flying high over their heads, listening to them speak.

loopy
2008-08-07, 09:54 PM
Script

While others began creating and yet others began their arguments, Script willed himself to a mountainous area with several fertile valleys. Willing some gold ore from the nearby mountain, Script wraps it in a page from his tome, and wills several villages into being.

He observes his new creations, short in stature, industrious, quick-minded, with a love for knowledge and new experiences, and an innate knowledge of the value of things.

((Someone want to give these guys a love of exploration? Yes, I just created the halflings.))

He shapes the valley in ways that will make the newly created prosper, providing it with plenty of animals and vegetation for both survival and wonder. With a thought, he ensures that the rivers that wind their way through these mountains will always have a golden sheen.

Next, he moves up to the mountains, and creates a race of winged reptiles, to guard over his new creations. Fierce and intelligent, with an innate nobility, he grants them golden scales so that all will know that they are his creation.

He moves amongst the intelligent races as they are created, and gives them a respect for knowledge and wealth, as means to improve themselves.

Finally, he goes to see what Cog has created, as Script sees a kindred spirit in him.

EDIT: Scrubbed the bit about Dragons after reading the stuff written by the Sky Goddess. I suppose I'll create some sort of servants or lesser dragons for my egg, once I get it.

Ipphli
2008-08-07, 10:08 PM
Seeing the gold his fellow god has created, Hammon begins to ponder it in wonder. He decides to duplicate Script, and creates all the different metals in the earth. His dwarves discover this new creation and begin to experiment with how it can be used.
Smiling with pride, Hammon turns his attention towards the god Script that gave him the idea and decides to go and have a talk with him.

loopy
2008-08-07, 11:02 PM
Script

Script feels the love of gold expand to another race. Smiling, he turns his attention to Hammon.

TheOutlander
2008-08-07, 11:19 PM
After watching the creations of other gods and helping Aresk with his city, he sat down and pondered what he should do with the peices of the others that he stole.

clumping the peices in his hands, he began molding it like clay, taking the sturdiness of the dwarves and the grace of elves. With the feather of ambition in the spine and the nails of both brotherhood and treachery. With the addition of a tuft of hair from chaos and some ink of law, Humans took form.

or would have. if it worked.

stupid clay.

Phelenus was about to squash it when...

ForzaFiori
2008-08-08, 01:47 AM
Kabos soon sees the flying elves passing over his quickly rising citadel. Curious, he hails them, asking them how they came upon their wings. Hearing their story, he quickly goes to where the elves live.
You, elves, you have seen your kin take flight, just as Azura claimed they would. I too, am a god, just as powerful as she who gave you wings. I wish to offer you a deal, much like the one that she did. Where she gave you wings however, I wish to give you much more. I will give to any who wish the ability to see perfect in the dark, the ability to forge weapons of even greater quality than now, I will give you increased strength and insight, and innate spellcasting. And I will give you a home in my underdark, where you will have the protection of Kabos at all times. As before, many elves left. But some remained. These elves he took to the underdark, where, upon receiving their gifts, they watched their skin darken and hair lighten, and their eyes become unaccustomed to the light. They fled underground, to create the first empire of the Drow.

Fan
2008-08-08, 03:48 AM
The good god Aresk saw the destruction of a race that was about to be, simply becuase they were incomplete he halted the nature god, and took him aside saying "The works you have wrought are not faulted, merely incomplete, as a token of my respect for you I shall assist you." with that he pulled out a small dagger, and made a pin prick n each of their fingers, the divine blood hit the first of the clay forms, and man was born, of nature, and justice the potebntial for good, along with the ability to survive despite their lack of natural weaponry. Yet he felt as if something was missing from the human structure, so he went, and asked all of the other gods to contribute in their own way to assist in the creation of the humans, seeing them as a beacon of unity, and trust for the gods to work together instead of against each other. (cept for the evil god they no get to take part. :p)

Ipphli
2008-08-08, 06:04 AM
Hammon listens to Aresk's proposal. At the end he agrees. He goes to the humans and instills in them a love of life and an acceptance of death, as well as a basic understanding of metalworking.

That done, Hammon returns his attention to Script. He introduces himself, then asks who he is.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-08, 06:31 AM
Azura

Azura, too, agrees to Aresk's plan. She makes the humans restless, always seeking to improve their condition. They will be able to settle down for a time, even forgetting their personal inclinations for the sake of family or community, but sooner or later, those deepest desires will resurface and haunt them.

Don the Bastard
2008-08-08, 09:15 AM
Cog takes the eggs of Azura and visits each of the gods in turn.

Aresk - "Take this egg for in it lies a being of great power that will serve you loyally, if you nurture it then it will be a creature of great justice & light."

Hammon - "Take this egg for in it lies a being of great power that will serve you loyally, if you nurture it then it will be a creature whose destined is tied to the leves of all mortals."

Simmith - "Take this egg for in it lies a being of great power that will serve you loyally, if you nurture it then it will be a creature of cunning and deception."

Phelenus - "Take this egg for in it lies a being of great power that will serve you loyally, if you nurture it travel all the realms and protect nature"

Kabos - "Take this egg for in it lies a being of great power that will serve you loyally, if you nurture it then it will be a creature whose of incredible physical power and violence."

Script "Take this egg for in it lies a being of great power that will serve you loyally, if you nurture it then it will be wiser than any mortal man."

Erothrayce "Take this egg for in it lies a being of great power that will serve you loyally, if you nurture it then it will be a force for good and law in this world."

Before she hands the eggs over to the gods she kisses the shells, implanting a seed of thought in the eggs.

Cog will accompany Azura to the wilderness to help create the tower of enlightenment, inviting Script as well to share his knowledge. Seeing that the task is great and that she has much work to do elsewhere in the world what with all of these new beings, Cog tears of a piece of her conciousness, just a small on and splits into into a thousand beams of light, creating the inspiratons, so that they might create a grand blueprint for the tower.

Then Cog turns to humans, such potential, and yet they are still empty, she pours her thought and ingenuity into them, showing them the secrets of language and communication so that they might share between themselves and the other races, unfortunately she pours a little to much thought into them and gives them free-will, the ability to decide to do good or evil (oops, my bad).

Fan
2008-08-08, 09:24 AM
Aresk, accepts the egg, with many thanks, cradling it in his arms he arrives in the monastary of nine, and with a thought the foirtress itself raises from the ground to join with the Fortress of light, and here he placed the egg in a new chamber, of great desgn with golden murals, and at te suggestion of the nature lord, he made a small nest for which it was to nest, and to be nurtured by a group of illumins who in their wisdom devised great traps, and wards for which to gaurd the chamber, which lay in the deepest chamber of the monastary only accesable to the god Aresk himself.

TheOutlander
2008-08-08, 09:44 AM
Phelunus took the egg which he was given and teleported to the middle of the earth, placing it on the ground and growing a great tree around it,

"May you be the one borne of crossroads, I shall call you Jester."

And there he stood, watching as the ever expanse of roads began to network, between Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Drow, Elementals, and cyber-halflings alike.

He cradled his egg as he slept in the first watchtower of the arch-crossroad.

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 09:49 AM
Over the curse of many years, Algul entretained himself by melting lava and creating some sort of Rock valley. This was new for him, and many times he had to stop to burn something.
But eventually he created this 5 km. round rock valley in which he burned stuff evrey night. Strangely though, out of his pyromania he started creating bushes. Dry, ugly bushes, but life nonetheless. Sure, its only purpose might have been to BURN, but our agent of rage and chaos inavertedly started the foundations for more advanced plant life on his region.

((and no, fanboy, I can handle my anger very well on my own, but thanks for the pity, it really helps, y'know))

Algul didnt get no ****in' egg
pray he doesnt find out

Don the Bastard
2008-08-08, 09:57 AM
I made you elemetals and treants to kill. I will give you an egg in due time, when you have somewhere nice to put it... with blackjack & hookers.

And finally Cog came to Algul and laid the egg on the warm land he had created, "Algul, in this egg is power. but you must care for it for that power to grow. If you nurture the egg and the creature within it will learn from you and you can send it out in your name"

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 10:01 AM
I made you elemetals and treants to kill. I will give you an egg in due time, when you have somewhere nice to put it... with blackjack & hookers.

And finally Cog came to Algul and laid the egg on the warm land he had created, "Algul, in this egg is power. but you must care for it for that power to grow. If you nurture the egg and the creature within it will learn from you and you can send it out in your name"

oh, thank you.

Algul then sets out to the world, carrying his egg and trying to primitively teach it how to burn. Somehow, he gets the feeling the egg doesnt understand what he's saying, but he does notice it gets increasingly red and black whenever he sets fire to something with the egg near it. Finally, he makes a cave for it on the rock valley and leaves some bushes with him.
He goes out to set some treants ablaze, and when he coms back the bushes are no more.

oh, and I've got an idea for the egg (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm_gallery/BugTrooper.jpg), what do you think?

ForzaFiori
2008-08-08, 10:10 AM
Kabos took the egg offered to him. Thank you Cog. If there is ever a time when you need to help of me or my servants, please let me know. With that, He retires to his now complete tower, where he gives the egg the best treatment possible, ordering the best Deamons to care for it when he is not here. As he sits in his home, He begins to work with his power, testing it. He works his influence over the nearby creatures. He soon finds the ability to spread hatred, inspire creatures to violence, and cause insanity and other mental difficulties. And this is what he gives the world. Just as Cog gave inspiration, Kabos lets part of himself go, to give the races of the world the ability to hate, the idea of violence and murder, and sows the seeds of insanity in the races.
After this, he sense the gathering of gods near the Tower of Enlightenment. Curious, Kabos goes there quickly, arriving on the scene as a midget with bright blue hair and green polka-spotted skin. My my he begins in a deep voice, What would this be?

Don the Bastard
2008-08-08, 10:12 AM
As Kabos arrives at the tower, an Inspiraton floats through him, giving him flashes of the future, of wars fought in his name and great powerful weapons.

OOC: Cog doesn't need to worry about travel time, she travels at the speed of thought.

ForzaFiori
2008-08-08, 10:16 AM
Lost in thought for a minute, Kabos looses track of his mind, shifting through several bodies before realizing why he came here. He goes up to cog, and extends a hand...or rather, what was a hand, and is now a tentacle. Terribly sorry he says, with a voice that sounds as though it was spoken underwater. He withdraws the hand. So what is this tower?

Fan
2008-08-08, 10:21 AM
The god of justice felt a great disturbance in the force, as if a thousand life forms just creid out in pain, but were suddenly silenced by some terrible force.
In his fortress he shuddered visibly as the wave of sorrow washed over him, one of the illumins stopped to ask him what was wrong, but he shrugged him off, telling him that it was nothing surely it was nothing.
He went to the goddess of wisdom perhaps she could explain this new found senstivity, and this new found anger in his creatures perhaps she will know the source of this, and how he can deal with it.

(HE's looking for Cog, and also Dibs on pirsmatic, as I'am the god of light,, and I'm sure Erothyce will want gold.)

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 10:21 AM
Cog came to Algul Mazra and said "I will give your fire thought, so that it might go about the world doing your bidding" Algul held out his hands and Cog breathed into them inspiration creating the fire elementals. "These I give to you, let them do your bidding" she then walked to the trees, and breathed into them thought, creating Treants "These are for you also"

((oo, I did not see that))

fire elementals cause chaos all aroud the world. Being a chaotic and volatile god, Algul did not organize them in any way and just had them run around setting things on fire.
For this was his will, he wanted the world to Burn, and the elementals were the easiest path to do so.

But what to do about the trents? he could certainly burn them all in an evening, but he preffered to conserve them and lock them in a cave. That way, they coul fight each other for the little rays of sunlight that entered their prison and he could end up fighting the strongest ones.
He did this and he was pleased for a short while, But soon after he started going around the world again, setting barbaian towns on fire and having his elementals sabotage the early attempts at civilization

((how's that?))

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-08, 10:29 AM
Azura

Azura was pleased to know that the gods took great care of the eggs she had created. She immediately reached the Palace of Four Winds where her own egg had been laying, protected by illusions and powerful air elemental guardians. Unlike the others, this one was ready to hatch. Soon, the chaos dragons would enter the world to engineer a new era of change.

The Sky Goddess' reflexions were abruptly interrupted when Kabos came upon the site of the future Tower of Enlightment. Azura looked in the valley and flew down to meet the Bull God.

"What you see is a monument to ambition. A tower of spiritual enlightment, a place to discover the true Self. Here, mortals will be harshly tested. If they overcome all the challenges, they will be rewarded with great power. They will think it is a myth at first, or that it was created by misguided humans who defied the gods. But it is, in fact, part of my divine design."

(OOC: I like your idea for the egg, alex. It's fitting.)

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 10:34 AM
And then Algul decided there should be something above than the fire elementals.
something smarter.
something angrier.

so he decided to seek help from the creator gods the only way he could.
He wrote messages in his mad fires and had the fire elementals memorize and burn them all over the continent.
He needed help to make his arson people.
And he was willing to pay

((I know it's fitting, but how do I manage its birth? also, everyone else is doing a dragon, so I guess it's only fair my creature has dragon-level power))

Fan
2008-08-08, 10:38 AM
Tottaly ignoring the the fire elementals, and occasionly destorying the errant one that tried to burn him, he headed to the tower of insripation, a great tower in the sky, luckily for him he had wings and knew how to use them pretty well, so getting u there wasn't much of a problem, he stood outside the main gate/door/ odd liquid entrance, asking her if she would be willing to help him with a matter which he felt he needed her help on.

TheOutlander
2008-08-08, 11:58 AM
Phelunus saw the beginnings of wars between his brothers, and while he beleived in a certain amount of Chaos, he felt it was to early for any of them to fight.

So what do you do in this situation?

How can you get to another destination with an army, if you don't have roads to get there?

A wicked Grin crossed his face as he placed his palm to the ground, the resulting shockwave began at the base of his fist and expanded outwardly like a ripple in the water.

the roads' ripple lasted to the ends of the earth.

he then whispered to the crossroads
"may no being looking for war find their destination."

that was his first commandment.

Spitting on the road, he formed the White Jesters, tall white beings with eternal grins on their faces. Each one having a different pattern of white and silver on their heads and torsos, each carried a silver whip and each figeted as they waited for their creator's orders.

"May no being flying above you looking for war find their destination."
At that, one by one they blinked towards the ends of the earth, following his second commandment.

He stood on his great Oak, holding his Egg, and watching as his disciples followed his commandments.

'they want chaos? they didn't want this...'

ForzaFiori
2008-08-08, 01:19 PM
Really now? Thats...well, actually its a great idea. If you need a fun challenge or two, you know where to find me. Now I gotta go. much more stuff to screw with. with that, he left, going back to his citadel to wait until inspiration hit him.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-08, 01:45 PM
Azura

Azura smiled at Kabos' words. As he departed, the Goddess added :

"Thanks for the offer. I'll think about it."

Afterwards, Azura returned to her own domain in the clouds. A jinn was waiting for her there. He announced that a new race born of the will of Phelenus, God of Travel, was now guarding the roads. Apparently, even the roads themselves obeyed Phelenus, misleading any creature with hostile intentions. The Feathered Lady, who had no love of war, saw the potential in her fellow god's plan. Like Phelenus, she thought that there were more important matters to attend. Even as a deity of Chaos, she understood the concept of Balance. For the world to be complete, all the gods of the pantheon would have to collaborate at some point.

The best course of action, it seemed, was to hold a council.

In the meantime, Azura continued to observe the other gods and their followers down below. She felt like something was lacking. At that moment, she realized she needed a common race of followers herself. She may have created animals, elemental servants and even given life to the mighty dragons. However, the birds were unintelligent, while the jinns were too wild and her dragons too shortsighted to form a civilization. As for the winged elves, the Avariels...they weren't her people.

And so, the Sky Goddess began devising a new species.

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 02:15 PM
But after much time, no god heeded Algul Mazra's call for help. This angered Algul and out of his newly reinforced frustration and hate grew a new being.
A hideous creature, similar to humans but not really so (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm_gallery/BugTrooper.jpg)
This creature, like everything about Algul, was a born arson. He was a manifestation of Algul's desire to see things burn and it was obsessed with it as well. It was consumed by pyromania so much, that it could not survuve without the nourishment of fire.
But the happening did not stop there, for after it was released unto this world and setted fire on a baby bird, a new one appeared.
And it was that way that everyone realized that Mazra Men reproduce through death by fire.
And even though there are only a mere houndred of this abominations roaming the mainland, they are stronger, taller and more hearty than the average man or dwarf.
A threat worthy of gods.

((how's that?))

Erothayce
2008-08-08, 02:48 PM
When Erothayce receives his egg he stares at it in awe. "You shall become a great force for order in this world." Saying this he transported his egg to his Bastion of Law along with some of his elves to care for it.
Seeing the other gods giving gifts to humanity Erothayce decides to give them laws.

Fan
2008-08-08, 04:16 PM
Aresk felt the hate begin to infect his followers, the waves of anger washing over him like a acid hot tide, he told the goddess that he merely needed a second, he rose into the air, sunlight shinging behind his 50 foot wings, and waves of hatred began to surround him, as he drew it from his followers, and he now knew the source of this hatred, and he felt a pure fury consume, him and from this fury he made the phelcors, bearers of his righteous fury, and not merely gaurdians but dispensers of justice, realzing the magicks, and forces that will be brought to bear upon them he made them nearly invulenarble to the forces of fire,ice, electricty, and acid, but having forgotten one they now had a criplling resistance to attacks of the sonic variety, and had inceridbly sensistive hearing, to the point of them being able to hear a whisper from across the room.

Ipphli
2008-08-08, 05:00 PM
Hammon accepted his egg with a smile and many thanks. He took it back to his castle in the City of the Dead and locked it in his deepest vault, with the oldest and most powerful of his earth elementals to guard it.

That done, Hammon turned his attention to the drow now living near his own people the dwarves. Worried for their safety, Hammon went to the leaders of the dwarves and taught them how, if they were worthy of it, they could call upon him for assistance (someone had to create clerics first :D).

After meeting the Inspirations, Hammon had an idea himself. He would be far too busy to guide the dead to his realm personally. Therefore, he too split the small part of himself and divided it into a legion of beings garbed in black robes and tasked with guiding the the souls of the dead. Thus the spirit guides were created.

Smiling at Phelunus' actions and nodding his approval, Hammon went to the Tower of Enlightenment to see what the others were doing there.

loopy
2008-08-08, 05:17 PM
Script

Script pours a love of knowledge and wealth into the newly created humans, as he wills a message into Hammon's consciousness.

I am Script, god of the tome and the coin. Who might you be, brother?

He blinks, realising he has yet to communicate with his brethren, until he is quickly distracted by the gift of the dragon egg. He takes the quill from behind his ear, willing the egg to be radiantly golden. Writing runes and letters from a myriad of non-existent languages, he whispers. "You will be the wisest and strongest of my servants. A wealth of knowledge and power to be sought and shared. It is only fitting that you be named... Wealth."

Script finds a cavern overlooking the valley of the halflings, fills it with coin, and places the Dragon amongst them. He then returns to his watchful protection of the Littlefolk he created. What a beautiful world we live in.

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 05:23 PM
Even though a Mezra Man only needs to kill something with fire to make another one of his kind, by the end of the solar year there were only a mere five houndred of them roaming the world.
This worried Algul, for he wanted to make his followers the masters of this world. And so he decided he should give them weapons, nothing spectacular, just short knives made out of molten rock.
And even though dragons and gods mocked this attempt at warfare, Mezra attacks on human settlements started to be more succesful, even to the point of reportedly wiping out a whole tribe.
And as the number of fire deaths rose, so did the number of Mezra men.

And as the number of Mezras went up, many thought of forming a country.
This idea was repugnant to Algul, who ordered his followers to remain separate and chaotic so that they ay never be defeated.
But not every Mezra was as obedient to their god as he would have liked to think, and on the far north a group of two houndred Mezra Men got together and funded Mezra Castle. The castle was fortified and impenetrable, with many wood farms inside so that the people could burn something.
They stayed there many years, and eventually they lost the color in their skin, and their eyes became more round and their hearing more developed.
Their skin became stronger and their form became shorter.
And after many generations the northern mountains were poblated by the Mezra equivalent of sturdy dwarves.
They were few, they were unblessed.
But they were

Ipphli
2008-08-08, 05:28 PM
Hammon smiles at Script and nods in greeting. He replies in kind"I am Hammon, god of life and death. The substance you created was truly marvelous. I only wish I had thought of it first. And your people resemble my own. Truly I think we are like brothers."

Erothayce
2008-08-08, 05:33 PM
Seeing the Mezra men breaking off from their chaotic master Erothayce decides to bring them law and order. He appeared to them in his true form saying"I have a gift for those who would take it. It is order, it is law. It is the ability to live together harmoniously. Many of the Mezra men were scared and ran but a few stayed to listen, intrigued by this promise of security. To these he gave the gift of law and changed them so they no longer needed to burn thing to procreate. He also inserted into their minds the ability to sense chaos's taint in beings. They were called the Hortacio.

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 05:40 PM
They were called the Hortacio.

((how dare you! YOU'LL PAY))

Seeing the cowardly behavior and balant treason coming from his own creations, Algul got mad.
Really mad.
And from that madness a new kind of creature appeared, a huge hulking lizard-like monster 9 meters tall and 10 metres long. A fire-breathing armored quadruped that roamed his rock valley, constantly melting rock and occassionaly getting caught in it.

((hey, it aint a dragon! and I think it's only fair when you consider I just lost like half of my fookin' army to mr. goody over here))
((and he named them hortacio to top))

Erothayce
2008-08-08, 05:55 PM
((Hey I only took about 50 of em. The worst al ran away like cowards. And you not the first to have his creations jacked. GO back and look how many people took my elves.))

Fan
2008-08-08, 06:01 PM
aresk, went to the origanal birth place of the gods, so few had decided to make this place into anything more then it already was, so he had brought a host of humans, and Phelcors with him, to inhabit this place, this nameless birthplace of the gods, he rose to the top of the mountian fortress, to address the men, and phelcors, telling them he had named their great city.
He stood before the large number of humans, and phelcors, his wings in full spread as he flew up to address the full crowd, and spoke in a noble, booming voice.
"This castle, which has become a city in such a short time has been nameless for to long!" He pulled out moonslayer, and touched the blade to the heartstone, and spoke
"I Aresk, god of Justice, Light, and battle, hearby dub this ancient city Elder keep, the birthplace of gods."

A huge roar erupted from the crowd, in obvious acceptence of this new name, ushering in a era of peace between human, and phelcor tribes/ clans.

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 06:04 PM
A huge roar erupted from the crowd, in obvious acceptence of this new name, ushering in a era of peace between human, and phelcor tribes/ clans.

Suddenly, one of your precious phelcors cought fire courtesy of a nearby Mezra.

sure, he was immediately killed, but i just wanted to imagine one of those ****ers BURN

geezh, sorry, fanboy.

Algul just sets a village on fire then

Erothayce
2008-08-08, 06:07 PM
Wondering what the other gods were up to Erothayce decides to go back to the Birthplace. upon arriving he sees a mighty mass of men and phelcors and also he sees Aresk floating above them. He hears the battle gods decalaration and is pleased. Floating over to him Erothayce comments, " I feel I should bring some of my children to this gathering to share in the peace and order. Would that be permissible?

Fan
2008-08-08, 06:09 PM
Aresk bows at the arrival of a ffellow god, obviously honored that he would attend the reception, he says
"You are welcome to bring all of your followers if you wish, this is quite a massive castle after all, and we have room applenty, for your creations, and we would be honored to do such."

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-08, 06:13 PM
Azura

Suddenly, the great wooden doors of the ancient castle burst open. A strong wind blew inside; so strong that some of the humans fell over. Outside, the sky was darkened by menacing storm clouds. In a blaze of glory, the Sky Goddess appeared before the masses, alongside the other deities. For once, she seemed displeased.

"This is sacrilege! This site is sacred and doesn't belong to any one of you! I demand that this be stopped!"

Erothayce
2008-08-08, 06:14 PM
Thank you my friend I would not want to seem presumptuous in bringing them here without asking. If there is anything you have need of simply speak to me and I will do what I can to help. So saying Erothayce brings a sizable portion of his children into the castle. These included the elves, hound archons and Hortacios.

Fan
2008-08-08, 06:18 PM
Azura

Suddenly, the great wooden doors of the ancient castle burst open. A strong wind blew inside; so strong that some of the humans fell over. Outside, the sky was darkened by menacing storm clouds. In a blaze of glory, the Sky Goddess appeared before the masses, alongside the other deities. For once, she seemed displeased.

"This is sacrilege! This site is sacred and doesn't belong to any one of you! I demand that this be stopped!"

The god stands tall, in spite of the storms of vengence
"It is my home, and birthplace I merely wish to secur it against the forces of evil, for I have seen glimpses of the future, and the horrors it holds, I merely wish to gaurd my home, and if I happen to bring a force to gaurd, and live in it with then that is my right, I may be the god of battle, but i will not harm a lady unless forced to do so, now stand down."
He means bussiness BADASS bussiness.

Erothayce
2008-08-08, 06:21 PM
"I stand in Firm Alliance. This sacred ground will NOT fall to the forces of darkness. If it makes you feel better you can bring your own children here.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-08, 06:21 PM
Simmith&Brakin

After stealing one of the eggs from Cog* Simmith watched the other gods' antics. He watched the self-righteous naming of that which should remain nameless, and he grew... unamused. In the form of a bird, a hawk, and clutching the egg as effortlessly as if it were a mere chicken egg, he flew to the place from whence the gods had come. He hid his true origin, masking himself to the eyes of god and man alike as a mere bird. He alighted on the tallest tower of the ancient edifice, and he looked within.

He saw the twisting corridors, the shadow-filled halls, the place devoid of all life, and he knew, this was as it should be. To make sure no mortals intruded upon this blessed place and lived, he created a number of guardians for it. He created first Shadows. Creatures, not truly alive but incapable of death, incorporeal and on the edge of reality, he not so much "made" them as called them, called them from the place Brakin and he truly lived. He then created Gargoyles, and Golems. Stone artifices, that would mimic life but never truly achieve it. They would be defenders of this place, and they could create more of themselves from the mountain itself to defend this place. Finally, he drew the souls of those departed from the world who could not find rest, and set them to guard this place. Soon it was filled with the shrieks, moans, laughter, and voices of the long-dead.

*This is the story I'm sticking with

Erothayce
2008-08-08, 06:26 PM
Feeling the presence of the chaotic dead Erothayce attempts to figure out what is happening. Upon discovering what is occurring he shouts"WHAT IS THIS!! WHO BRINGS THE DEAD AND LIFELESS INTO THESE HALLS. THIS IS NOT AS IT SHOULD BE! THEY ARE MEANT TO SLEEP IN ETERNITY NOT TO WANDER THE REALMS OF THE LIVING. Saying this he banishes all of the gathered dead back to whence they came.

Fearing for his children Erothayce sends them back to where they came from.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-08, 06:26 PM
Azura

Azura's eyes were now pitch black. Electricity crackled around her body.

"This is outrageous, Aresk! You dare to order ME? You are not better than us. You don't have any right to this holy place. Even I see the importance of keeping the Balance. The forces of Evil are a part of this world, as are the forces of Good. Thus, this castle will stay a neutral ground."

Her voice was a lot deeper than usual.

"And don't mock me either. I may be a Goddess, but your power is no greater than mine!"

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 06:29 PM
A fire elemental approaches the scene playfully, looking for something to set fire to

Fan
2008-08-08, 06:31 PM
Aresk stands tall, and vailiant
"I doth not mock thee goddess of the sky's, I merely state that it is mine duty, to gaurd my birthplace, and if I choose to bring a company of my finest warriors to gaurd this place, it is my right, and how hath i shamed thee, I have done thee no wrong, by allowing the mortals to create a city within out keep I doth not allow them access to the deeper recceses of this keep nor have I allowed them near the birth room, is it a crime to allow gaurds sleep at the gate, of your home, I merely wish to defend this place for there re those who would destroy it, and I shalt not allow that to accure whilist I draw mine breath!"

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-08, 06:34 PM
Simmith&Brakin

Angered once more at the actions of the self-righteous gods, he sends his people among the children of Erothayce. He tells them to learn what they may and report back to him. They are all connected with him, and so he knows what they do. As they blend seamlessly with the society of those peoples.

With that done, he was prepared to bring vengeance at his own leisure, and so turned back to the matter of the castle. Since that fool would not allow him to gather so many dead, he decided on another tactic. He became as a shadow, and Brakis and he, disguises among the many nameless Shadow creatures, slew many of the humans, and made sure their souls would not depart.

Fan
2008-08-08, 06:39 PM
Guess who has the holy, sword of avenging AWESOME, and who just saw the thousands of his people slaughtered, seriously I like OWN shadows, considering I'm the god of LIGHT.

He pulled Moonslayer from the heartstone of the foundation a shower of sparks emerging as the blade ignited, whilst it struck against stone.
"You have just made a great enemy, shadows, and you shalt rew the day you preformed this act of dire atrosity!"
Yeah blades of holy fire, and death tend to rend shadows out the ass when their wielded by the god of light.

TheOutlander
2008-08-08, 06:44 PM
Being in the birthplace at that time, finally Phelunus spoke up.

"perhaps it would be best if only the gods themselves were allowed in. it is, after all, our birthplace, and having our creations.... stolid in our beginning nauseates me. As to those who wish to destroy it, lets watch them try, without their armies."

He snapped his fingers to teleport all mortals/creations/undead to the outside of the birthplace.

"When No mortal can find this place, how can they sully it with their prescence?"

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-08, 06:45 PM
Azura

Azura sensed the presence of a familiar, but still mysterious entity near the castle. She only knew it was here because of it's growing ambition. Then, Azura watched in awe as the fortress began to fill with undeads and animated creatures.

She turned back to the God of Light, more and more calm.

"It seems someone else shares my disgust. Before those shadows kill any more mortals, I suggest you depart this place. After that, every god who so desires should be able to send his own immortal guardians to defend the castle. I mean every god, including the Lords of Evil. There shall not be any more fighting between those walls. You, Aresk, will be granted the right to build a stronghold on this very mountain, in order to keep a distant eye on the fortress at all times."

Azura grinned.

"What do you think of this compromise?"

Fan
2008-08-08, 06:49 PM
He r4alized one shadow had refused to leave, unchanging despite the banishment, thats when it hit him this was the creature that had ordered the slaughter of his peoples, it my freind was SMACK DOWN time, you just dont kill the creations of ther god of justice when you have no reason other then to banish mortals from what was not even the interior of the keep, why that would be INJUST, and as the gd of justice justice MUST be served, for the souls trapped here by this being, abnd the wrongs it had committed he brought down the blade upon the shadows shoulder. (NOT god moding, you are going to be able to respond, by say eveaporating, but just to let you know, you just pissed off the WRONG god.)

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-08, 06:51 PM
Simmith&Brakin

The shadow shimmered and disappeared, then it, and another just like it, stared from the shadows cast by the god of light, before disappearing. Their message was clear, even though no words were spoken. You can't kill, whats not really there. Shadows have no substance, and no mere blade, whether of mortal or godly make, can strike down such a creature.

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 06:51 PM
A miriad houndred fire elementals and Mezra men surround the birthplace and set fire to its exxterior.
Then, just as suddenly, leave.

well, except for this one dude who just stayed around trying to burn himself

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-08, 07:01 PM
Azura

A little annoyed by all this, Azura cut off the oxygen of the flames, which were immediately extinguished. Listening to what Phelenus had to say, she nodded in approval.

"All this bickering is entertaining, and I applaud the efforts made my brothers to further their cause. Now, however, it is time to stop fighting and start talking in a calm manner. I propose a divine council, here, in this castle, our very birthplace. The world is not complete, there is still much to do."

She now addressed Aresk alone.

"I am truly saddened by the lost of your followers. I am sure that our dear Hammon will accept to free those poor souls."

TheOutlander
2008-08-08, 07:07 PM
Phelunus nodded, standing next to the feathered Goddess of the sky.

"Your arguments are both boring and drab, if you are going to fight, don't do it in our birthplace, i'm not much for talking (lie) but I figure you fellas could use some reason in your arguments."

Phelenus molded himself to be level with Azura,

"I recommend you do it before the entire cadre of your siblings decide to finish what you've started there."

Ipphli
2008-08-08, 07:13 PM
Hammon, sensing the presence of the undead and the souls trapped in the castle, arrived at his birthplace in a rage. With a sweep of his arms he sent those souls trapped there to his realm. He glares at the shadowy beings before they disappear. Afterwards he turns to the others, still angry.

"This is OUR birthplace Aresk. We ALL have a right to it. Accept Azura's offer before you bring more war among us all. If you wish, I will have my servants help you build a new fortress at the foot of the mountain, so you might maintain your virgil.
But this castle is sacred now. Know that I have set a curse upon this ground. Any of the mortal races that set foot here shall swiftly join me in my realm. He stares at Aresk for a moment before turning to Azura.
" And I agree with our fellow goddess: we must all sit in council to discuss the future of our new home in this world. And during this council we must all hold our tempers: I will oppose any that attempt violence while it goes on."

OOC: Would anyone mind if I added the Earth domain to my list, seeing as how I have sorta taken it over as well?

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 07:15 PM
A Mezra Man runs by and stops to burn the roses

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-08, 07:23 PM
Azura

Azura bowed to the other gods and disappeared. The thunderstorm outside the castle faded soon after she departed. She would come back in time for a council of the gods, if there was ever one.

(OOC: I don't mind fellow mindflayer. I wonder if we can all take additional domains as our influence grows in the game?)

TheOutlander
2008-08-08, 07:26 PM
Phelunus did the same, following the God of the sky in hopes he could speak with her.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-08, 07:31 PM
Azura

When she sensed Phelenus approaching, Azura decided to settle down on a large cloud, shaping the gaseous mass into a lounge. Then she waited for Phelenus to join her.

TheOutlander
2008-08-08, 07:33 PM
Phelenus was quicker than his fellow immortal beleived, and he turned to her and bowed.

"Perhaps we could help each other."

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-08, 07:38 PM
Azura

The Goddess was impressed by the God of Travel's abilities.

"I am certain that I can benefit greatly from the knowledge and talents of all my fellow gods. What do you seek exactly?"

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 07:39 PM
Algul Mazra enters the Birthplace.

Helo, anyone home?

he takes out some bushes and sets 'em on fire.
and watches

TheOutlander
2008-08-08, 07:42 PM
"I seek a cessation of boredom, and frankly someone with a cooler head, perhaps we could work together for the gathering of a cabal of Gods."

Perhaps a road for the sky, he thought, thinking of what their alliance could bring to the table.

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 07:45 PM
LISTEN TO ME!

I AM THE GOD OF FIRE AND I SHAN'T BE IGNORED!

DAGNABBITT

TheOutlander
2008-08-08, 07:47 PM
off in the distance, Phelunus heard a shout, as to who and what, PHELUNUS HAD NO CLUE, bu he decided to stay and listen to what the sky god had to say, albiet with more figeting.

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 07:49 PM
WELL IF YA FUKERS WONT COME THEN I'LLSET THIS CRAP ON FIRE!

he sets that crap on fire

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-08, 07:51 PM
"You know, normally, I wouldn't have thought of myself as the good god for the job. However, I'm not sure what to think now. In truth, shouldn't the Gods of Order be the reasonable ones around here?"

Azura laughed for the first time.

"I'm all for cooperation between us. I think it could strenghten both our influences over the world."

Azura also heard the Fire God's plea. She was busy at the moment. He would have to wait...

TheOutlander
2008-08-08, 07:54 PM
Phelunus gave her the half smile when she laughed.

"You're a god of chaos?"

he grinned and nodded, agreeing that their influence could change the world, or at least make it that much more interesting...

Ipphli
2008-08-08, 07:59 PM
Things seeming settled at the sacred mountain, Hammon went after Phelunus in order to ask him a favor...

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-08, 08:01 PM
Simmith&Brakin

As the two gods spoke, Simmith and Brakin slithered away from the castle, and skirted around the fire god. He had taken the form of a snake, with Brakin, as ever, his shadow. He was intrigued by the gods floating above, and he needed to hear what they were saying. His snake form grew wings, and he coiled up, then launched himself in the air. He created more creatures like him, in all different shades and patterns, with different kinds of wings in many different colors. Brakin too, now devoid of a shadow to take cover, became as a flying serpent. They and the flying serpents who disguised them flew around the gods, hunting birds in the area, and Simmith and Brakin flew closer, pretending to hunt an illusory bird which flew above the gods speaking.

TheOutlander
2008-08-08, 08:07 PM
Phelunus readied for Hammond's large figure striding towards him.

"Sir?"

Ipphli
2008-08-08, 08:13 PM
Hammons nods in greeting to his two fellow gods before focusing his attention on Phelenus. "Greetings Phenlenus. I congratulate you on your attempt to enforce peace by disrupting the roads and on protecting the sacred mountain. I wonder though, would you be willing to do something similar?"

ForzaFiori
2008-08-08, 08:42 PM
feeling the gathering at the birthplace, Kabos quickly goes to join his kind. Walking in in a relatively normal shape, for him at least, He begins talking. Apologies for being late, I seemed to have missed the memo. Anyone care to catch me up on whats happening?

TheOutlander
2008-08-08, 09:00 PM
Phelunus looked at Hammond oddly for a split second, but then heartily warmed to him.
"What were you looking for a humble god of roads to do for you?"

he shifted a little, having an unwavering smile, but his body language spoke for him, he wasn't sure what this God wanted from him.

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 09:29 PM
feeling the gathering at the birthplace, Kabos quickly goes to join his kind. Walking in in a relatively normal shape, for him at least, He begins talking. Apologies for being late, I seemed to have missed the memo. Anyone care to catch me up on whats happening?

and just who the**** are you?

Ipphli
2008-08-08, 09:30 PM
Hammon smiles disarmingly at Phelunus. "I have built my domain far under the earth. At first the only denizens there were my own people and servants. However, now there are others present. I was hoping that perhaps you and I could work together so none could violate the resting place of the dead except those we wish. And perhaps in return I could help you somehow?" He arches an eyebrow in curiousity.

ForzaFiori
2008-08-08, 11:29 PM
Who am I? I am Kabos, lord of evil and Chaos, bringer of violence. Brother to Erothayce, God of Good and Law. But all who matter had already know this. The true question is who are you? You pathetic excuse for divinity. With this, Kabos conjures a chair, places it next to Hammon. So, why is everyone here? I assume this is some council of the divinities? With, apparently, some guests who may or may not fit that category He nods towards Algul in attendance as well. Would someone be as kind as to give me a brief rundown of whats been covered so far?

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 11:33 PM
Out of rage, Algul's body is set ablaze as he leaps towards Kabos, knives blazing

RAAGH!

ForzaFiori
2008-08-08, 11:41 PM
Kabos ducks out of his chair, rolling under Algul. His Kwan Dao appearing in his hands.

You do not want to fight me. He says calmly, as his shape shifts to that of a musclebound human. I have powers you couldn't dream of. He infuses everything in a five foot radius around Algul with chaos, Laughing as the ground morphs and shifts, as the air solidifies, becomes liquid, then back to solid then gas. As the ground and air switch places suddenly. Throughout it all, Kabos laughs, while Algul has his hands full simply standing.

alexeduardo
2008-08-08, 11:42 PM
Algul is angered by this, he starts throwing fire at all directions with great rage.

what is this madnes??

ForzaFiori
2008-08-08, 11:50 PM
As each fireball leaves Algul's hand, it too is taken with chaos, quickly breaking up. Why so serious? You are too quick to lose your temper. You really should work on that, since I'm not letting you go until you calm down. Kabos says to Algul. Turning to the other gods, he adds Someone really should find a way to contain this guy, cause I doubt I'll be letting him out any time soon.

Ipphli
2008-08-09, 12:07 AM
Hammon watches the two, frowning, before focusing on Kabos. "There will be a council soon. At the moment we are letting your brother and his friend calm down. This here is merely some polite conversation among peers."

ForzaFiori
2008-08-09, 12:10 AM
Ah, that's is good. I would hate for this man's temper tantrum to disrupt a council. I really am sorry this happened, I'm more accustomed to more gentle gods.

Erothayce
2008-08-09, 12:19 AM
"STOP THIS BICKERING! This is no way for gods to behave. I agree to having simply guardians here and no mortals. Kabo my brother leave off tormenting that other god. It serves no purpose even for one as chaotic and evil as yourself.

ForzaFiori
2008-08-09, 12:21 AM
Hey bro, he started it. This is defensive. So far he's attacked me with a dagger and fireball. Until he comes out of this murderous rage, I'd rather him be tied up. Though if you really want this place torched, I'll let him down.

TheOutlander
2008-08-09, 12:24 AM
"Very well."

He said, stroking his non-existant beard.

"Not only are the dead respected, but it can cut down on disease for the mortals."

He stood up.

"I like it. Very well, I may ask a favor of you later, but for now, it shall be a gift."

Erothayce
2008-08-09, 12:31 AM
"Ok brother let me handle it so you don't destroy the world. Erothayce puts up a wall of energy to stop the other god's attacks.

Fan
2008-08-09, 12:35 AM
"Speaking of the dead SOMONE summouned a shadow ARMY today, and trapped their souls here in this place, I demand justice for this, yu cant just imprison my followers immortal souls, and expect me to NOT do something about it."

loopy
2008-08-09, 12:44 AM
Script

Script arrives back at the castle quietly, adjusts his glasses, and sits next to Hammon. Your dwarves are quite the wonder themselves."

"Now, could we please agree not to use our abilities on each other directly? Seeing this infighting pains me."

Don the Bastard
2008-08-09, 01:15 AM
Cog listens. Cog watches. Cog thinks.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-09, 07:33 AM
Azura

Azura looked down below as fighting erupted again on holy ground. Soon, all her brothers and sisters were present, and the belligerent were forced to calm down. Turning to her new ally, the god Phelenus, the Feathered Lady spoke.

"There will be time to discuss the terms of our new collaboration later, my friend. For now, our brothers are getting restless. Let's go have a litte talk with them."

And so Azura flew from the height of her cloud and landed on the doorstep of the castle. Then, she looked in the eyes of her fellow gods one by one.

"Dear Algul, why don't you conjure a bush so that you may light it in fire in place of Kabos? Make it so that the bush always reforms from its ashes, and you will always have a pyre inside the castle."

"Great Aresk, have you considered being a god of vengeance? It seems to fit you. Seriously now... The souls of your worshippers have been freed, thanks to Hammon. It seems their death was necessary for us to acknowledge the truth : this place is neutral and sacred ground, made only for the eyes of the Higher Powers. You may resume your vendetta against this mysterious entity when we are finished with the council, no sooner."

"Now, everyone, why don't we have a seat inside?"

Ipphli
2008-08-09, 07:36 AM
Hammons turns to Aresk, looking at him in a disbelief that quickly turns to anger. "You think I summoned the army that killed your people? That I trapped their souls here? That is as likely as you murdering a child in cold blood. I freed their souls and granted them peace. I understand your anger, and I too wish to find out who is responsible. But I did not, could not do something like that."

Frowning, he bows in greeting to Script before looking at Phelunus. "My thanks. Now, since we are all here, shall we begin our council?" Hammon summons a throne made of stone and has a seat, obviously still upset.

Fan
2008-08-09, 07:54 AM
" I apoligise if I offened you, but you are obviously mistaken, I was merely angered by this new enitity, that preformed this act of inane cruelity. But please take a seat, this council is long over due, and I need to have a gentle, non violent talk with some of the otoher gods."

(Um, when do our eggs hatch/?)

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-09, 07:57 AM
Azura

At that moment, Azura thought of the shadowy figure which had survived the blinding radiance of Aresk. That was the one responsible for this. Was it even a god? What if there were other beings as powerful as them in the world, hiding, until the time is right?

No, even if such beings existed, this one wouldn't be one of them. She did sense his ambition. He wasn't completely hidden to her. What about a god of deception? It seemed likely. Whatever he was, he greatly impressed her. Surely its talents could be put to good use...that is, to the goddess' benefit.

Like Hammon before her, Azura conjured a seat of her own. Her throne was made of ironwood, a gift of Aresk in exchange for lifting his citadel in the sky. The upper portion of the throne was carved in the shape of a thunderbird, one of Azura's finest and deadliest creations.

Then, the Goddess summoned her war fan, named Reaping Wind, to her hand. She used it too cool herself while waiting for the other gods to take a seat.

(OOC: As for your eggs, do as you wish. Azura's egg has already hatched. However, I think it could be fun to show your first dragons grow, before reproducing and giving birth to an entire race. By the way, we will assume that the first dragons are female specimens that can reproduce whitout a male, for obvious reasons. Or they could simply reproduce by magic, if you want.)

Ipphli
2008-08-09, 07:59 AM
Hammon nods, accepting the apology, if not necessarily the slight condescending tone. "I too am angered by it. Undoubtedly the same entity also created those undead...abominations! I will not stand for any to dishonor the dead in such a way. But yes, let us all have a seat and try and discuss things in a civil manner." He looks around at the others expectingly.

TheOutlander
2008-08-09, 08:13 AM
Phelenus looks to each of the Gods in turn, not sitting beside them in the council, but rotating around them all, creating golden stepping stones as he walked around them.

"Perhaps we are all missing the big picture, being angered over the deaths of our mortal creations. But, then again, is that not the only reward we cannot have? Mortals must live their lives knowing that sometime they will die. they walk a road that will end when they do, can anyone think of something more beautiful?"

he paused behind Aresk, not wanting to see a face full of rage, and waited for the expressions of the others.

"Why must we continuously fight when we know it's futile? We don't have an end of the road, so I see the need to deliver pain and suffering on others and ourselves. But we are still saplings! not yet grown into the dark forest! If we all fight for sunlight, we will all wither. Let the wars of mortals be theirs, and lets move to a higher path."

He turned to Azura and nodded as he continued his silent walk around the chamber.

Fan
2008-08-09, 08:18 AM
Aresk conjured his seat while not quite throne it was a rather raised, and posh seat, made of gilded gold, and engraved with murals of the heroes battle, in their greatest moments, now seeing as the greatest battle so far had been between him, and some shadows the chair itself was still relatively small, but still a masterful piece of craftsmanship.

He turned to address the gods a serious look in his eyes, as he spoke.

"Most esteemed gods, and goddesses, of the council.
we have gathered here today to discuss matters of the greatest importance. As is proper I move that the females of the council speak first."

loopy
2008-08-09, 08:26 AM
Script

"Intriguing. This is possibly the first of many councils to come in the life of thise world, yet rules of etiquette have already been set." Script begins taking notes in his omnipresent tome.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-09, 08:36 AM
Azura

"How chivalrous of you, Aresk."

She paused and examined the expressions of her brothers and sisters.

"Phelenus has a point. Full scale conflict between the gods will only destroy what we have worked so hard to create. (Azura turned to Algul Marza, knowing how much HE enjoyed needless destruction.)Since we awoke in this castle, we have done deeds of greatness. I see a wonderful potential in the mortal races. In the future, maybe we should take a more...subtle approach. When all the foundations of this world will be set, we should limit our direct involvement in earthly matters. Act via proxies, immortal servants, even avatars. What do you all think?"

Ipphli
2008-08-09, 08:49 AM
Hammon speaks up. "I agree completely. Let the mortals live their own lives as they will. We must ensure that what we have created not be destroyed. Any one of us could unwittingly cause the extinctions of entire species if we're not careful. He glances at Algul, then back at the others. "War must not break out between us. All of us are needed in order to guide and shape the world."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-09, 09:20 AM
Simmith&Brakin

There is a throne, a large, somewhat plain seat. It is dark gray, with some small carvings of kings and thieves, and various scenes, and it casts a long shadow. It has been there since it began, or at least, it seems so. If you try and remember if it had been there, you'll always get the picture of that space having the throne in it, no matter what.

Fan
2008-08-09, 10:09 AM
Aresk, had stood in thought for quite a bit now, waiting for those who wished to speak first, when he notice the apperance of the throne, and the effect it was having on his mind "DARK magic is afoot here, who is this being that dares to attempt to intrude into another gods mind? We shall learn soon enough." He thought he then stood, and addressed the throne, as if he knew somebeing was there hiding from the others.
"Reveal yourself, creature of darkness who are you to intrude in the home of gods?!"

Don the Bastard
2008-08-09, 10:10 AM
Do not presume to implant thoughts into the mind of the goddess of thought Simmith, I see through your deception and delight in its innovation and creativity. Cog pulls a simple work stool out of her lab coat and sits in a corner, she seems to be working with a screw driver and small metal device. A few twists and turns. "Well then if our creations are to be mortal they must have something to count their years by" she holds out a silvery glass item "I have just created time" she turns to Hammon, "I think that together we should create a time keeper, Chronos, to watch that mortals and gods alike do not bend it's rules"

Ipphli
2008-08-09, 10:12 AM
Hammon glances around at the others, listening. At the sight of the empty throne he frowns slightly. Reaching into his robes, he pulls out a small crystal marble and holds it up to his eye. After a moment he smiles briefly before looking over at Cog. He nods. "I agree. Although I suggest we all give this creation a bit of our power, so that none of us are more powerful."

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-09, 10:21 AM
Azura

In the middle of the council, Azura heard a distant call. It came from a human. This plea was powerful, but only the Goddess of Ambition could understand it. Unbeknown to her brothers and sister, Azura sent a newly created shadow of herself, an avatar, to visit the man in his sleep.

She discovered that this human was aspiring to a new life, devoid of social constraints. He was absolutely jealous of the clerics (who had now appeared among all the common races). While still respecting the gods, he didn't see any reason to bow before them. He was convinced that he could rise to a similar status by himself. Impressed, the avatar of the Sky Goddess agreed to show him another path to power. With this new knowledge of the Art, he would be able to bend a portion of reality to his will. In exchange for such a gift, it was his duty to write down what he learned and teach other souls as to preserve the tradition.

The man became the first magic-user.

Don the Bastard
2008-08-09, 10:25 AM
Cog sensed Azura's avatar going out to the man, and was impressed by her innovation, she too saw the magic-user and poured into him creativity and inspiration.

loopy
2008-08-09, 10:28 AM
Script

Script senses the new-found knowledge permeating the far-off human, and gives his blessing in the form of increased intellect and wisdom.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-09, 10:35 AM
Azura
Turning her attention to the meeting of the gods, Azura left her avatar alone to deal with the instruction of the magic-user. The creation of a second self left her a little weak, but it was worth it.

"I agree with Cog's idea and Hammon's suggetion. Let us all put some of our power in that temporal guardian."

Fan
2008-08-09, 10:43 AM
Aresk, himself sent out a small avatar to the humans, and some of the elves expanding upon Azura's idea of the arcane (not that he knows its called that.)
And has the avatar teach them to fuse swordplay with magic, blade, and spell, and thus with some help he created spellswords, and a select few known only as the Mythic cavalry, a group of riders who enchant their mounts, to mae them breath lightning, and have skin as tough as stone.
While Aresk was a powerful god physically this put a great strain on his mental facuilties, temporily weakening hi resistance to mental attack, which although he didn't show it physically. He did have a SPILITING headache, from this creation, of another being of power.

He stood from the seat, and addressed cog "So I'am not the only one who expects trickery, and dark magic is afoot, although this being you speak of I've never even heard of it, is it something that should cause worry? As for the matter of the temporal gaurdian I do believe that would be wise, for there are those who would wish to do this place harm, and I simply could not abide that."

TheOutlander
2008-08-09, 10:46 AM
As Phelunus continued pacing, listening to the musings of the other Gods, he ran into a dark throne he couldn't recognize, and yet... it seemed familiar, silly of him to run into it, though, his feet remembered the chair not being there, but he couldn't remember a time when it wasn't.

Phelunus stood there, looking at the chair, lost in thought, as the other gods fawned over something or other.

after a short time. Phelenus sat in the Throne, as no one else was sitting in it.

It was comfortable.

ArlEammon
2008-08-09, 10:47 AM
Cyan appeared floating in space, alone. He focused on the planet below, and a large island rose from the ocean. Forests sprouted throughout the small continent, and a small island floated above it. Cyan caused the island to contain immense supernatural energy within. The floating island, not the continent, was an entry way into a vast area, a small world all by itself. Within the entrance to the Other World Cyan created powerful, winged creatures known as the Mist Men.

Resembling angels, the Mist Men were magical creatures gifted with teleportation. The Mist Men had mild magical powers other than that, including the awesome ability to command a lightning bolt at will. The Mist Men gathered amongst themselves to discuss the construction of a city on Mist Island. Indeed the entrance to the other world was a magical mess. Immense energies could confuse or cause death to intruders.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-09, 10:54 AM
Simmith&Brakin

A glass of wine appears on the arm of the throne, it is a fine and delicate peace of glasswork, but seems average in all respects. At the foot of the throne, near Phelunus's feet, a snake hisses, and its tail rattles. Its coiled around an egg that is far too large for it, even though the snake seems a tad large. The egg itself seems to radiate shadows, and its shell is black. The snake is black as well, and it curls around the egg lovingly.

Don the Bastard
2008-08-09, 10:57 AM
OOC: my italics before were intended to be telepathic between me and simmith only.

Cog turns to Aresk "I suspect nothing"

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-09, 11:00 AM
(OOC: Armin, don't forget to post your god's description/creations/etc. in the God Status thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4666113#post4666113))

ForzaFiori
2008-08-09, 11:18 AM
I agree that we should all help with this time keeper, but as for the "no messing with mortals" thing, several of us here, myself included, have problems following rules. And I mean, I could very easily be like 'yea, sure I won't do anything' and then go and screw around some more. Kabos points out.

Don the Bastard
2008-08-09, 11:31 AM
Cog loses herself for a moment, she can hear a mind crying out to her in the darkness, a tortured soul, she blinks out of the room for a mere moment to visit the poor creature, a drow in the darkness, he longs for a power, she gives it to him. She tears of a piece of herself and stitches it to him, binding brain and soul together in force. She creates the Illithid, and with him psionics. But he is lonely, so she takes another kindred spirit and makes a female as a mate for him, gifting her alike. She blinks back into the council, seemingly gone for just a moment.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-09, 11:42 AM
Azura

The Goddess listens carefully to Kabos.

"Obviously, my dear. It is in your nature. You'll still be able to wreak some havoc yourself, but try to do it via your deamon servants and mortal followers when you can. This way, the common folk will feel that their fate is in their hands."

"I also suggest that we only appear to mortals as avatars. Only the most powerful of our creations, dragons, angels, daemons and the like, as well as souls of the dead who worshipped us in life, will have access to our personal divine domain."

Fan
2008-08-09, 12:14 PM
Aresk, looked quizclyt at the egg, that the snake was wrapped around, feeling a great power eminating from it, he whispered these words into into Azurs ear/
"Does that not seem like one of the eggs, you gifted the gods with, who is the creator of this throne, and how did they obtain one of your eggs?"

TheOutlander
2008-08-09, 12:39 PM
Phelunus looked at the wine glass filling before him.

"Neat trick, I will grant you that." he said, patting the throne as a friend.

Imbibing a small amount of wine, he continued to listen to his siblings, chuckling at the fierce candor that the burlesque god of chaos, Kabos, spouted in the meeting,

then he spoke.

"What are these... avatars you speak of? it is a strange word, one that I like," He picked up the glass and sat on the arm of the throne, looking down to make him jump slightly, asking...

"Am I the only one who sees this?" Pointing towards the snake and the egg.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-09, 01:06 PM
Azura

The Goddess whispered back :

"You are right, its looks like one of them. The eggs were distributed to all deemed worthy. If there were any that got lost, Cog would know."

At the same time, in the wilderness of the northeastern region, a small goblin outpost was in turmoil. Some low grade soldiers were tired of the bullying done by the other, bigger goblinoids. They seeked to be free of their duty towards their god, Kabos. A renegade cleric even joined their ranks. Together, they planned to take the outpost by force and become their own masters. To even the odds, they summoned a powerful wind spirit. The jinn appeared before them, but refused to fight in their name. So, they imprisoned him inside a golden ring, bounding him in servitude for a thousand and one days.

With this powerful being at their side, the goblins took action that very night. They stormed the stronghold and killed the leader, as well as half his guard, his servants and his family. Even when it became clear that victory was assured, they continued their rampage. Their thirst for blood and revenge was overwhelming. Suddenly, the jinn and the ring to which he was bound disappeared. The goblins stopped to look at each other. One of them must have stolen the ring to keep it to himself, they thought. And so, full of anger, they hacked each other into pieces. Everything went black...

When they regained consciousness, the rebellious goblins were alone and weak, surrounded by half-eaten bodies. Well, they thought they were alone. They soon noticed a tall woman bearing six feathered wings on her back, standing before them.

"Tonight, you made a mistake. You were blinded by hubris. You commited a sacrilege by binding one of the free spirits of the wind. But your ambition kept you alive. Those bodies there weren't eaten by wolves. You did it, in order to survive. You had to change to have another shot at life...You need a new name. From now on, you will be called Barghests."

The woman then faded away. Thus was born the barghest race. Once goblins, they were now cruel shapeshifters with lupine features, feeding of other humanoids' flesh and essence to become stronger and deadlier. Having lost its clerical powers, one of them even developped a new tradition. His followers would be known as witches and warlocks, practionners of foul blood magic and necromancy.

Erothayce
2008-08-09, 02:54 PM
"I believe we should decipher what that throne that is exuding evil energy is. I am willing to put some of my power into this Chronos.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-09, 05:33 PM
Azura

"Sorry, Erothayce, but I don't see what you mean. If this is about the snake and the egg, just leave it be. Some things are better left unexplained."

Azura paused as she watched the glass of wine in Phelenus' hand grow wings and fly towards her. She gently caught it and took a sip.

"Delicious."

The Goddess then released the glass, which continued to flap its wings, hovering a few feet above ground.

"What were we saying? Ah yes, the avatars...well, let's just say you'll have to experience it to truly understand what it means. By giving up a piece of yourself, you'll be able to create a sort of copy. While much stronger than a mere mortal, this avatar will only have a fraction of your abilities. It is an extension of your body and mind. When you wish the avatar to disappear, you'll be whole again."

Satisfied, Azura observed everyone's expression.

"Now, are there other topics you want to address? If not, we should definitely work on this temporal guardian."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-09, 05:40 PM
Simmith&Brakin

The wineglass never seems to run out of wine, or any other liquid you wish to be inside. In a few moments, the wings fall off, and the glass falls. However, rather than break like one would expect, it merely hits the ground and stays there, before reappearing on the arm of the chair.

The snake pulls the egg toward the center of the room, and uncoils. The egg itself begins to crack, and before long a head pops out, but it seems far too small, the size of a snake. It is joined by dozens of snakes. They are all of the same kind as the snake in the center. As you watch, the snake, which has grown larger since you last checked, seems to be struggling out of its skin. It squirms and writhes, and you can see some bumps pushing out from its skin. Its finally able to shuck off the skin, and you begin to see the truth of what it is. It now has stubby little legs, and a pair of stumps grow where the wings of a dragon would. Its rattle is gone, and its head is shaped differently, and its mouth is full of teeth. The other "snakes" writhe around it, as it pulls the egg-shell back to the throne, and coils around it again. The "snakes" writhe around it.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-09, 05:46 PM
Azura

Azura watched calmly as the scene unfolded.

"Well, that's semi-unexpected."

Ipphli
2008-08-09, 06:08 PM
Hammon looks at Kabos, a sad smile on his lips. "If you step out of line, then others will be there to oppose you. As it should be. And I agree with Azura: no direct interference from us. Any of us." He glances at Algul before turning to watch the events surrounding the throne, the wineglass, and finally the egg curiously.

Don the Bastard
2008-08-09, 08:50 PM
Cog walks all around the throne, lifting it up to see the bottom, inspecting every aspect. "...ingenius" she turns to Azura "I did 'lose' one of the eggs, but at the time it felt right, like it was supposed to be lost, you did after all give me one extra"

Cog then looks over at Script, "I have something special for you that my Forglings have been working on, we call in Mathematics, it will allow you to control the economy, farm more effectively and even plan wars, we give it to you, share it with whom you deem fit."

ForzaFiori
2008-08-10, 12:21 AM
True. I suppose having the rest of you against me would, in fact, be a reason not to act against the mortals directly. Kabos replies, thinking to himself Or, in otherwords, its means I gotta be sneaky. But thats cool, I can do sneaky. As he leans back, he jumps forward slightly, before pulling out his egg, which has a large crack in it. As the crack widens, a small crystal dragon pops out. Aww, Isn't that cute,/COLOR] Kabos begins, reaching down to pet it. [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Its like a mini lizard! As his hand gets near though, He cries out, grasping his head. He falls from his chair, righting himself as he hits the floor. Wow, powerful littly bugger aren't you?

As this is going on, He also feels the construction of the barghasts and illithid. Please, excuse me for one momento, I'm going to take this guy home. Kabos poofs out of existence, appearing at his stronghold, where he releases the dragon. He then concentrates, willing a piece of himself to break off. An avatar appears in front of him. SWEET. Look, I need you to go to the barghasts and illithids. Explain to them the power of Kabos, and make sure they become followers. We can use people like them. take the dragon if you need to. But be careful. He has powers. With that, He poofs back, confident in his avatar's abilities.

Erothayce
2008-08-10, 02:42 AM
Feeling a disturbance at his bastion in the sky Erothayce excuses himself"Excuse me i must take my leave for a bit. Summon me when it is time for the creation of the guardian." Erothayce disappears instantaneously ending up in his Bastion. Going to where he stored his egg he sees it begin to crack. A small silver furry scaled head emerges followed by the silver body. "So that is what you are! Come my young friend and I will teach you of the world."

Fan
2008-08-10, 03:21 AM
Aresk shddered for a second, he had just recived a telepathic message (Cog) stating that the eggshell had begun to crack, slowly but surely it was hatching, and a great light was coming out of the cracks, the only creatures now who could even ENTER the room without being blinded, were the illumins, and Aresk himself. Meanwhile outside the fortress, anyone who cared to look wold notice that the enitre bastion was glowing brighter than usual, and that an unusual number of devas, and Phelcors were standing gaurd, around it, was a visible ring of winged beings around the compound, standing gaurd obviously over someone, or something.
Aresk zoned out for a second, mentally commanding his avatar to do the following things.

Create. the Miaismir, the horses of legend, they will be stronger, better, harder, and faster than any horse ever created, they shall have skin as strong as the toughest iron, and have hearts more vailiant than any warrior, they shalll be te steeds of the eldtritch cavaliers.

Personaly attend the hatching of the egg, and begin construction of a private chamber large enough for whatever noble beast emerges.

Inform the illumins of the Fire elementals, we must have a way to counter act them if worst comes to worst.

Ipphli
2008-08-10, 06:08 AM
Just as he notices the other are all becoming distracted, Hammon senses something occurring in his own realm. He quickly sends an avatar to discover the problem. Back in his fortress, his own egg begins hatching.
A craggy little head appears first. As Hammon smiles at it, it cries out, sending out a sonic blast that shakes the room. Chuckling to himself, the avatar brings the little fella something to eat and begins looking after it.
Back at the council, Hammon senses all the new races being created. Worried that he'd have no races with which to affect the surface, he directs his avatar to create another race in his image. A gigantic race, similar to dwarves and humans, he sets them to live in the hills and mountains above his dwarves. Due to their size, he calls them giants.

loopy
2008-08-10, 06:14 AM
Script

"Thank you for your generous gift, Cog." Script replies, smiling broadly. "I'm sure we will be able to use this to discover many new things in the future."

Cog flashes back to Goldfleck mountains, commanding his Halfling's to send emissaries to the Humans and the Dwarves. He checks his egg, briefly disappointed that it is yet to hatch. Script then returns to the Council.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-10, 08:11 AM
Azura

Azura felt the disturbance in the world. Things were evolving fast: new races were born, dragons hatched, new divine powers were claimed...

Then, suddenly, with a terrible roar and deafening thunder, the heavens tore up and a winged creature the size of a hippopotamus came down towards the Birthplace. After flying around the structure for a while, it landed where every god could see it. Its body was serpentine. Its scales, covered with flowing stripes, were of a dark brown coloration. Its wings gleamed with the colors of the rainbow. Each one of its limbs ended in four claws and its huge mouth was full of razor-sharp claws. Finally, its tail was strong and muscular.

Azura left her seat to welcome the majestic creature.

"What you see before you is my creation, the Chaos Dragon. I named this one, the first of its kind, Typhoon. You have grown quite a bit, my child!"

Typhoon turned its head toward the sky and, full of pride, breathed a line of flames. Azura patted the dragon and returned to her seat.

"Oh, Hammon... I see that you just created a race of great size. You call them giants? Interesting. I must admit, this was unexpected. I have also designed a race of followers to inhabit the hills and mountains. I think they're ready to come out of hibernation now."

Far away from the Birthplace, in a cold and mountainous region in the Northwest, howling winds swept through the snow covered land. The winds carried a message.
Awaken.
Awaken.
Awaken!

And soon, some of the ice melted to reveal hidden caverns. From those caverns, a race of tall humanoids emerged to find themselves engulfed in moonlight. The creatures, while not as impressive as giants, were still two times as large as humans. They weren't really considered attractive by other humanoids' standards. At best, they were plain. Their skin was rugged, almost stone-like. Atop broad shoulders sat a large head, bearing small black eyes and an enormous nose. The creatures, being excellent hunters, favored fine leather clothing and furs. They were ambitious and competitive in nature, skilled in potionbrewing as well as in the crafting of charms (magical rabbit's feet, horseshoes, etc.). They had spiritual guides in the form of ancestor spirits, those who decided to leave the Underworld temporarily to aid their kin.

When the morning came, the creatures soon retreated to their homes, as sunlight was a deady threat to their race. If any one of them was caught in it, he would be turned to stone. They were born in a harsh environment, for Azura believed it would make them stronger. She gifted them with luck to make up for it.

The Sky Goddess had good faith in her chosen people. She called them Fensirs...the trolls.

ArlEammon
2008-08-10, 10:10 AM
The Mist people began working on their city. Already the city of Mist was a very large city. Several thousand Mist people congregated on the continent below, making the land their land. A city was built, called Amberstone. Seven thousand Mist people made the city their home. Already, Cyan governed in Mist city, and began to make edicts. Magi-tech had begun to be made.

In Amberstone, they had discovered steam power. The steam power allowed for easier living, and at the same time, they began construction of the automatic crossbows. Mist people tamed the wild wyverns, and made cavalry from them. Public baths, and a palace was built in the city that the entire city worked on for over ten years. The great palace was called the Fane.

Fane was built by the superhuman Mist people, and help from the city in the sky. Over 300,000 Mist Ones worked laboriously to build the great Fane. The great Palace was over two miles long and a mile wide. The material used was of mystic metal.

Fan
2008-08-10, 10:15 AM
Aresk looked up into the sky, and noticed somethign that was defintely NOT there before, it wa rather LARGE, and islan shaped, he approached Allara, and at first was gonna question her about the dragons when hee saw the figures made of mist descend from the clouds, and begin working on a MASSSIVE city, his jaw dropped for a second, considering al the forest they would HAVE to level to do such, and annoucned his discovey to the group.
"Am I the only one who just saw a ass ton of creatures come down, and start leveling the forest for no apperent reason?"

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-10, 10:21 AM
Simmith&Brakin

Over time, as the squirming serpentine hatchlings slowly matured, shedding skin after skin every time they developed, a difference began to form in their development. Some of the young dragons, who's black scales seemed to shroud themselves in shadow of their own accord, stayed long, thin, and lithe as the serpents they started out as, but some grew large and powerful, where the first had the advantage of agility, these were far stronger. Their bodies were bulky and large, their wings also had to grow to accomadate their extra size. To some they may have seemed fat, but the bulk beneath their scales was muscle, and they used it to great advantage. The heads of the first group retained their serpentine features, shifting toward draconic features, while the seconds heads started to look more like crocodiles heads, though still obviously draconic, the iconic "crocodiles smile" became a commonplace sign of their mischief.

Other than this, they shared mostly common features. They all had ears which grew long and high, like horns, and indeed hardened and sharpened as they matured. Shadows clung and swirled around their forms, obscuring them from view even in the best of times. Their eyes glowed many different colors, though yellow and white were common. Besides their ear-horns, they all had large horns which jutted from their heads behind their ears, and swept backward. In longer snakelike dragons, these horns curled forward again like those of a rams, though they did not curl around like a rams, and the second groups were more like a goats, curling back but not forward.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-10, 10:29 AM
Azura

The Winged Lady listened to Aresk, then turned to all the other gods with a look of disbelief.

"They have built a stronghold in the sky. I didn't even notice it before! And now they are populating an island below. Which god is leading them?"

(OOC: Magi-tech? Steam power? Are your sure? It seems a little soon for that.)

ArlEammon
2008-08-10, 10:43 AM
(Read about steam power in the 1700's. It wasn't very important. And magi-tech is primitive right now.)
Cyan met with the assembled gods. "We aren't leveling the forest. I made the island below for us, and I made the island above for an entrance into a place I am making right now.'
'I am Cyan, the god of love and spirit. I hope to befriend all of you.'

Fan
2008-08-10, 10:48 AM
Aresk in all his shining glory was the first to step forward, and offer a hand of freindship to the peace loving god, and spoke in a deep, clear voice.
"well, I have never met, or heard of you, but I'm no god of infinte wisdom, so I guess its not that unlikely. Anyway My name is Aresk Moonfell, I'am the god of light, purity, and battle, I also hope for good relations bewteen the gods as well."

ArlEammon
2008-08-10, 10:56 AM
"Light and purity? I see. Those are very powerful things to have sovereignty over. Would you happen to have made the sun, then?'

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-10, 11:00 AM
Azura

Azura studied this new character.

"Looks like you made yourself a nice little utopia there. I'm Azura, the Sky Goddess, Mother of Dragons. Pleased to meet you."

She bowed to Cyan, and added :

"As a fellow god, you need to know of our rules. We are helding a council on this matter right now. You must know that no god is to intervene directly in the lives of mortals. (She looked at Kabos, amused.) Also, we decided to give life to an immortal guardian, a keeper of time. To this effect, we must all give up a fragment of our divine spark."

Fan
2008-08-10, 11:06 AM
"Light and purity? I see. Those are very powerful things to have sovereignty over. Would you happen to have made the sun, then?'

Aresk smiled warmly, this god reminded him of one of his Illumins the first one he had dubbed Joram, always so many questions.(he gets lost in te memories of his creations which he actively calls his "children")
"I did in fact create the sun, it was my first creation, and truely my greatest work."

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-10, 11:14 AM
Azura

The god of love, she thought. He seems to soft. I hope his people will be prepared when the time comes to face the outside world.

The goddess walked to the Bull God, whispering in his ear.

"By the way, Kabos, I have a proposition for you. It has to do with my children, the fensirs. Let's discuss this matter when everything is finished here."

ArlEammon
2008-08-10, 11:26 AM
Azura

Azura studied this new character.

"Looks like you made yourself a nice little utopia there. I'm Azura, the Sky Goddess, Mother of Dragons. Pleased to meet you."

She bowed to Cyan, and added :

"As a fellow god, you need to know of our rules. We are helding a council on this matter right now. You must know that no god is to intervene directly in the lives of mortals. (She looked at Kabos, amused.) Also, we decided to give life to an immortal guardian, a keeper of time. To this effect, we must all give up a fragment of our divine spark."

"Surely, you jest. the Mist people don't die of old age. As to the Keeper of Time, I am afraid I can't do such a thing. I would have an unfair advantage of the other gods, because the spirit world does not obey the laws of time.'

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-10, 11:36 AM
Azura

"We also have immortal servants. However, you must understand this : the fate of the world will be in mortal hands. Concerning the spirit world...I don't know anything about that place. I suppose it is your divine domain? Even if the laws of time are different in our own domains, they will be constant in the material world. You wouldn't want a god to try and mess with the Creation or the aftermath of the Final Battle, would you?"

TheOutlander
2008-08-10, 11:41 AM
Phelunus watched as more and more creations poured out of the imaginations of the Gods.

His world was getting crowded. He was going to need more roads.

"If you will excuse me, I've work to do."

He said, walking, this time, out of the birthplace.

"Someone's got to keep this world spinning while you continue to mass produce these... things. as to the temporal guardian, count me out."

and so he left, creating the ideas for men to build roads.

And he walked them, looking like a beggar, waiting...

for something.

ArlEammon
2008-08-10, 11:44 AM
"Yeah. About that, lets not have a Final Battle. First of all, I'm god of love, spirit and planning. A Final Battle gets in the way of my plans, is against my nature to take part of, will flood the Spirit World, and it is against my nature to do battle with another god under many circumstances."

"I, Cyan, will leave the world, and go to Mist if the gods start to battle eachother.'

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-10, 11:53 AM
Simmith&Brakin

A dragon, obviously the first and oldest of the Shadow Dragons, it was of the serpentine kind, its long curling horns on either side of its head and serpentine grace betraying its breed. Then, it did something strange, it began to change. Its form shrank, twisted, and altered, until a tall, lithe female with grayish skin stood in the circle of thrones.

Though capable of looking as any other human, she kept some of her draconic features, like her long curling horns, her tipped hornlike ears, her dark shadowy skin, and her yellow serpents eyes, cold and cruel, which glowed in the darkness. She smiled faintly and sat upon the now-empty stone throne and spoke. "I speak for my fathers" she said simply, and waited for a response.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-10, 11:53 AM
Azura

Azura addressed Phelenus just before he left.

"You are right my friend, it is time to return to our duties. As I speak these words, I create roads in the sky for you to order and preserve. They are called Rainbow bridges, linking this world to the other planes. Only magical creatures will be able to cross them. I suggest you post some of your white jesters at the point where they touch the earth."

The Sky Goddess conjured a pouch filled with magical dust and gave it to Phelenus.

"Here is another gift. As you know, the world is still. Some lands are always burning under a hot sun, while others are covered by snow all year. I wish things to change. Travel the world like you always do, spreading this dust. Speak to the trees and inform the animals. Announce the coming of spring and autumn."

(OOC: Armin, I'm not sure if you check the other thread, so I repost it here. Your spirit world...is it linked to the Underworld? Is it like the ethereal plane? Like Faerie?)

TheOutlander
2008-08-10, 11:56 AM
"Thank you"

the only word he said to her could be heard throughout the trees and was said as the leaves began to change color,

the Jesters found the rainbow roads to their liking, and the seasons locked in place, as Phelenus kept walking.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-10, 12:17 PM
Azura

Surprised, Azura slowly turned to the newborn dragon. Polymorphing? What a great idea...

"You do? Interesting. I suppose your fathers have been watching for some time. What do they have to say of all this?"

Fan
2008-08-10, 12:20 PM
"do not listen to the creation of a god, that attempts to alter out minds! It is a creature of trickery, and decpetion, even entertaing negotiating with this creature is foolishnes, if the god refuses to converse with us in person why should we talk to him?"

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-10, 12:39 PM
Azura

"Oh, Aresk. I pity you, stuck in this strict mindset of yours. I find this charade quite...entertaining."

At that moment, the chaos dragon named Typhoon changed into the form of a tall and muscular human male. He had skin the color of bronze and braided hair. He walked inside to stand next to his mistress.

"My children learn rapidly. So, shadow dragon...what can you tell us?"

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-10, 12:45 PM
Simmith&Brakin

The She-Dragon takes the time to sneer at Aresk before speaking. Well, Lightling, I thought one of the points of this meeting was to for gods use Avatars and representatives to go about their business she bats her eyes, an attractive but weirdly strange thing to do for someone with such eyes. She turned back to Azura. My fathers approve of this immortal time guardian, but is saddened by your decision to keep gods out of mortal affairs, it would eliminate their favorite pastime. She smiles bemusedly.

Erothayce
2008-08-10, 01:15 PM
"Come my child you must meet the others like myself. After saying this Erothayce teleported back to the birthplace. "I would like you all to meet my new creation. It is called a Silver protector and will help enforce law and order in this world while also combating evil. Oh, and nice to make your acquaintance Cyan.

Ipphli
2008-08-10, 03:52 PM
Hammons smiles at Azura. "There is plenty of room for both. Besides, yours seem more populous, but also more...limited than my giants. I pray they will learn to coexist." He next studies the new Mist people and their god. Nodding politely, he introduces himself, "Greetings, I am Hammon, god of life, death, and the earth. It is a pleasure. I would be interested in discussing this spirit world of yours. It sounds similar to my own Underworld."

Turning to the dragon sitting on the throne, he nods in greeting to her as well. "I thank your fathers for agreeing to help with the guardian. And we must let the mortals live their own lives. But no one said your fathers couldn't walk among them in the form of an avatar. Just no direct, divine interference. Would that be acceptable?"

He sighs as the others announce their refusal to help in the creation of Chronus. He turns and addresses Cog. "I fear we cannot create our Chronus without the help of ALL the others. We dare not weaken ourselves while others do not."

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-10, 04:16 PM
Azura

"I agree with Hammon. We can't follow with Cog's plan without every god's consent. Unless someone has another idea?"

Erothayce
2008-08-10, 04:26 PM
"I can think of nothing other than the full agreement of all the gods. I am in full support for this guardian."

ArlEammon
2008-08-10, 04:31 PM
Hammons smiles at Azura. "There is plenty of room for both. Besides, yours seem more populous, but also more...limited than my giants. I pray they will learn to coexist." He next studies the new Mist people and their god. Nodding politely, he introduces himself, "Greetings, I am Hammon, god of life, death, and the earth. It is a pleasure. I would be interested in discussing this spirit world of yours. It sounds similar to my own Underworld."

Turning to the dragon sitting on the throne, he nods in greeting to her as well. "I thank your fathers for agreeing to help with the guardian. And we must let the mortals live their own lives. But no one said your fathers couldn't walk among them in the form of an avatar. Just no direct, divine interference. Would that be acceptable?"

He sighs as the others announce their refusal to help in the creation of Chronus. He turns and addresses Cog. "I fear we cannot create our Chronus without the help of ALL the others. We dare not weaken ourselves while others do not."

"I suppose if I must I will. However, I am adamant in my opposition to this, let it be always remembered that I oppose this, unless it is used to prevent the final battle.'

"In a moment, when the time, I will discuss the Spirit World.'

Ipphli
2008-08-10, 04:34 PM
"My thanks Cyan. Chronus will be a neutral entity, favoring none of us, treating us all equally. His sole purpose will be to protect time and keep any of attempting to give themselves any advantage over the others, and thus at least delaying any sort of god war."

Fan
2008-08-10, 04:35 PM
Aresk thou8ght for a second, now he REALLY thought, plans outside of battle weren't exactly his cup of tea, but he thought he had a pretty good idea.
"I suggest that each god creates his own being to gaurd the keep, while it would not invovle putting all of our eggs in one basket, it would allow each god to defend the castle in the way he, or she thinks best. I myself believe the castle is best defended through force of arms, and a test of heart, so I shall create the monolith, a towering contruct forged of light, and the spirt of justice, to ensure the castle remains safe from other gaurds."

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-10, 05:33 PM
Azura

"It seems we have everyone's agreement...except Phelenus. Do not worry, I think I can convince him."

Azura then turned to Aresk.

"I'm not sure why you're bringing this subject, O Holy Aresk. However, I already conceived something for the defense of the castle : an eternal living storm. Feel free to send your monoliths, though."

ArlEammon
2008-08-10, 05:45 PM
"I'll send a giant butterfly, Himoko, to prevent infighting."

Ipphli
2008-08-10, 06:05 PM
"I will you warn you though Aresk: I have laid a curse on the castle. No mortal being may enter and live. And I take it, with the creation of your monoliths, that you do not wish to have your city at the base of the mountain?"

Fan
2008-08-10, 06:11 PM
(( You suggested that dude, I wa making monoliths as a comrpomise, i wou;ld much rather have that.))
<.< >.> Of course I knew that
I was merely contributing, to the group, with a creations similar to what the temporal gaurdian was. (not quite as powerful though.) and, yes i do want the fortress near the base of a mountain, magic can be broken no matter how powerful, the will of a warrior is unflinching."

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-10, 06:14 PM
(OOC: Yeah, but we were talking about a guardian of Time, not a guardian of the castle...)

Ipphli
2008-08-10, 07:01 PM
"Very well. Then the edict still stands: none but us may actually enter the castle, but feel free to post guardians outside it. And I will assist you in the construction of a city at the base of this mountain, where ALL are welcome."

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-10, 08:59 PM
Azura

The Sky Goddess looked at the assembled gods with a bored expression on her face.

"This meeting is a frank success. The gods have demonstrated the ability to discuss things in a civil manner. But I'm getting restless sitting here."

Ipphli
2008-08-10, 10:21 PM
Hammon nods. "Very well then. When you have convinced our friend Phelunus to assist in the creation of Chronus, send us a summons and we shall all meet back here. Agreed?" He looks around at the others expectingly.

ArlEammon
2008-08-10, 10:26 PM
"Azura, about my spirit world. It is a land untouched by time. As it approaches the world, things become strange and out of balance in countless harmless ways. The Spirit World is a land of ideas, where things suddenly come to life which on this world should not be. To an evil one, they will meet a terrible doom. For a loving, and good person, they experience extreme bliss. The Spirit World is a land of eternal irrational balance."

"The Spirit World has extreme power tappable into it through mystic laws that defy arcane magical and even cosmic energy. It is a place where dreams not only come true, but fulfill the dreamer even when they don't come true. Those with the highest imaginations are the strongest people in the Spirit World.'

Don the Bastard
2008-08-11, 12:00 AM
Cog had been listening to Cyan intently A place where those with the highest imaginations have the strongest powers, Cog took one each of her forglings and inspiartons and carried them up into the clouds, they shall be as gods in this realm, pure creativity and pure inspiration. As she entered the realm she was overwhemed with the power this place gave her, she saw their creations, magi-tech and steampower, and as she released her children in this new world the Inspiarton flew through her, showing a future she and Cyan could wrought together.

Several minutes passed and Cog did not return to the Council. She blinked back in suddenly "Cyan, I thankyou, your realm of imagination has shown me a new innovation, behold my artefact: the Laseter"

http://www.raptorarts.com/Costumes/PredPlasmaPistol.jpg

ForzaFiori
2008-08-11, 01:25 AM
Kabos turns to the newcomer. I am Kabos, God of Evil, Chaos, Darkness, and Violence. I feel we may disagree on some things He admits with a laugh.As for protecting this place, I will guard it with the chaos of limbo, something only myself and I believe possible Azura can get through without being let through, which of course all God's will be allowed. Soon I will have something to keep her out if needed. He says, before turning to Azura No offense ment of couse, my dear. As the meeting is breaking up, would you like to discuss that matter you mentioned? Would you prefer my place or yours? Or a neutral site, of course.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-11, 11:16 AM
Simmith&Brakin

The She-Dragon thinks a moment, and seems to be consulting someone invisible person before responding. My fathers are still unhappy with the decision to keep gods from intervening. Also, he has proposed his own guardians for the keep. she waves her hand, and a creature appears. It seems to be molded from pure shadow. It was unlike the pure shadows, in that it was a physical creature.

It was a creation of Brakins invention, like a golem made of pure solidified shadow. It took the form of a lion, with gems for eyes, it had hooves on its rear feet, and its tail was similar to the head of an infant Shadow Dragon, except far larger, the serpent head hissed and swayed, and the lion had a goats beard on its chin, and goat horns curling up from its head over its mane. This is a Shadow Chimera, and it will help to keep foolish mortals from this divine place. From her tone it seems obvious that she does not think of herself as being a mortal.

Fan
2008-08-11, 12:18 PM
Aresk DISGUSTED, that the other gods would even CONSIDER dealing with a being who REFUSES to show himselgf, and obnviousy considers himself so far above us that he doesn't even need to come speak to us in person, begins to leave the chamber obviously heading back to his castle in the Sky, do personally obsserve the hatching of his dragon.

Erothayce
2008-08-11, 02:12 PM
" I do not think I can trust a creature from a god who will not show themselves. If he or she was willing to show themselves I may be more willing to go along with this plan.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-11, 02:18 PM
Simmith&Brakin

The She-Dragon, who's name is still unknown to all assembled save Simmith&Brakin, sneered in contempt at Erothayce. Do you truly think everyone thinks as you do? You seem to trust the god of Chaos and Darkness more than my Fathers she clearly stresses this last bit, hinting at the small bit of knowledge given. You seem to be mistrusting merely because of their lack of presence, but why let that get in the way of making this council?

Erothayce
2008-08-11, 02:34 PM
"I take their lack of presence to be a suspicious move on their part, mortal. Erothayce sneers at the thing on the throne.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-11, 03:05 PM
Simmith&Brakin

The She-Dragons snake-eyes narrowed, and her eyes glowed. She hissed, literally, angrily at the god, her serpentine tongue slithering out of her mouth as she speaks. Watch your tongue He-God, I am no more a mortal than you.

Erothayce
2008-08-11, 03:44 PM
"And watch your tongue stripling for you cannot compare to me or any of us. Know your place or be silent!" Erothayce said calmly not at all threatened by the she-dragons hissing.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-11, 03:53 PM
Simmith&Brakin

She stands, anger and shadows darkening her eyes, but clearly you can see the divine spark, faint but there. She speaks truth, she is no mere mortal. She speaks angrily I know my place, but obviously arrogance is all too common among the gods, whereas humility is a lesson you do not heed. Power courses through her, and though the source is unknown, its clearly not all hers.

Ipphli
2008-08-11, 05:22 PM
Hammon stands up, looking between the two before focusing on the she-dragon. "There will be no violence done here. I, too, wish to meet your fathers. But as the others are all leaving, I myself am going to depart. I've other business to attend to." With that Hammon turns and begins to walk away.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-11, 05:44 PM
Azura

"I'm sure I'll have the chance to deal with your fathers later. For now, I'd like to talk to Kabos in private. Do you mind coming with me to my Palace of the Four Winds? It's not a neutral ground, but since it's still on the material plane, I'll have no special power over you there."

She addressed the others gods present for the last time.

"Farewell...until our paths cross again."

Azura flew back to her palace floating just above the Tower of Enlightment.

ForzaFiori
2008-08-11, 05:47 PM
Of course. I trust you not to backstab. I'm the evil one in the conversation, remember? Kabos replies with a chuckle, before heading for the castle. He runs far enough away from the birthplace, Or whatever those other gods were calling it. Kabos thinks, so that his horn would not effect it. He begins activating it. About a minute, and 5 spots of chaos, later, Kabos arrives at the Palace of the Four Winds.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-11, 06:27 PM
Azura

The jinns opened the palace gates before Kabos. Even if the structure was carved out of a cloud, the walls looked extremely solid.

Azura' voice echoed in the halls.

"Come."

The goddess invited Kabos in the main lounge. The setup of this room was everchanging. The interior mirrored the guest's emotions and deepest desires. When Kabos entered the lounge, he discovered a cold room immersed in shadows, with only a few candles to light the way. The once beaufitul carpet was burned and covered in blood. Skulls from various creatures hanged in mid-air. Suddenly, the carpet changed into a stairway. Disembodied hands emerged from the walls, trying to get a hold of the newcomer. But nothing of that was real....it was only real to Kabos, anyway. On the other side of the room, Azura sat in her ironwood throne.

"Welcome to my domain. I have asked you to come here to discuss the fate of our children. You may already know of my latest creations, the trolls. Despite their impressive survival skills, they are weakened in sunlight, which makes them easy targets to Aresk. This is unacceptable. That's why I seek a sort of...alliance. If your children, the goblinoids, the drows and the daemons, let my people use the tunnels of the Underdark to move around during the day, my trolls, in return, will tolerate them, unlike most surface dwellers, and even trade with them. They have knowledge which could be of use to your goblins and dark elves."

"This is the pact I offer you. But that doesn't make us allies. It doesn't mean I'll defend you against the wrath of the other gods. That doesn't even mean I trust you. I'm not a fool. However, you have something I want. What do you say, Kabos?"

Azura looked her fellow god in the eyes.

ForzaFiori
2008-08-11, 06:48 PM
For now, I will agree. But I am going to be thinking it over, and I hold the right to withdraw at any time if I feel i'm on the short end of the stick here. He rubs his currently goatee'd chin. Though you mentioned your distrust of me, I feel we may have a common enemy. Aresk. You and him seem to be at ends quite alot, and of course, I hold no love for a god of justice and light. Perhaps, what with your trolls in the underdark, we could have coordinated strikes against his creatures? I feel it would benefit us both. And provide an excellent reason to keep trolls in the underdark.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-11, 07:07 PM
Azura

"You are right regarding my relation with Aresk. However, I'm a patient goddess. I wouldn't act so soon against him. I want to play all my cards right before thinking of such things. Also, know that my trolls will be creatures of the underdark as well as of the surface world. I wouldn't want my creations to become too tainted by yours."

Azura smiled, then assumed a more neutral expression.

"This is my final word. I will consider helping you against Aresk in the future, but now is not the time. Obviously, you'll have the right to withdraw from our agreement at any time if you think it doesn't suit you anymore. However, never forget that, unlike you, I could theoretically ally with Aresk, if there is an advantage for me in doing so. I prefer you to him...for now. Don't let me down, o great god of chaos."

TheOutlander
2008-08-11, 11:18 PM
Phelunus walked down the many roads he and others built.

He was a simple God, not one for the infighting of his siblings.
Or, excuse him, "Diplomacy" they seem to be calling it.

He had questions though, as to why the planet revolved around the giant ball of plasma, and to why the moon circles him and affects the tides, How were they born, and who was watching over them?

these were the questions he pondered as he walked,
Was there a God?
he then stopped, and gave himself a hearty laugh.

of course there was, he was one of them.

as for this "Chronos" fella.

he sighed.

Might as well give it a go. make the other gods happy.

Should visit Azura, haven't seen her lately.

And off he vanished, into the citadel of cloud.

ForzaFiori
2008-08-11, 11:23 PM
Kabos laughs lightly. Me, let you down? Why of course not! he takes he hand and kisses it. Now my dear, if you'll excuse me, there's probably something out there that's fun to mess with, so I'll, unfortunately, be excusing myself. he turns, and walks to the door, turning as he reaches it to blow Azura a kiss, and make a funny face, before stepping out and using his rather unorthodox travel method. 1.3634 minutes and 8 chaos spots later, he's back home, commanding a squad of deamon to spread the word that the trolls are to be allowed into the underdark.

Erothayce
2008-08-12, 01:52 AM
"Fine little conduit of others energy I will goad you no longer. If whoever you serve would like to speak to me I am available and willing to talk to him/her/them/it." Saying this Erothayce disappeared to his temple in the elven city. "Come my children and speak to me of what you have done." And come they did, all of his children came to the temple and spoke to him, of disputes, of laws, of many things and he had time for them all.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-12, 06:47 PM
Azura

When Phelenus reached the top of the Tower, he saw nothing. The cloud palace had disappeared. At that moment, the goddess flew down to greet him.

"Ah, Phelenus, my dear friend! I'm glad you came. Sorry for keeping you waiting, I was busy elsewhere. I say, why don't you come with me to my new home? We will be able to talk privately. It's a place even you, the God of Travel, has yet to see. Look up in the sky."

The goddess pointed at the lone moon.

"That is where we are going."

Azura took Phelenus' hand and walked along side him on the rainbow road. The road in question seemed to end abruptly in the sky. In truth, it led to a hidden breach in reality. The other side of the portal was almost indistinguishable from this one; but a watchful eye could tell the difference. The Sky Goddess invited Phelenus to enter.

On the other side, one could see an infinite sky with a handful of islands floating in its vast emptiness. Violent storms given sentience roamed in the vicinity. The only road visible was a single rainbow which linked the Palace of the Four Winds to the prime material plane. There was no sun, but lights shone in the distance, in all directions. They looked like faint stars. But no one was able to reach them, not even get closer to them.

Birds of every species populated the goddess' private domain. Her favorite creature, the peacock, lived on land, in gardens surrounding the Palace. Elementals also moved freely around the divine realm.

Azura looked at Phelenus to see his reaction.

"Do you like it? I created this whole dimension inside the moon. I simply call it the Hollow World."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-12, 07:01 PM
Simmith&Brakin

As the She-Dragon fumed so too did the twin-gods. The fool mocked their precious daughter, but he would pay for his simple minded arrogance, but for now more important matters called, and so with soothing words spoken in her mind, they calmed her fury. She sat and addressed the remaining gods. So, how shall we handle this situation? Will the time-guardian be created, or any of the laws discussed here finalized?

Erothayce
2008-08-12, 07:07 PM
"I am all in favor of creating this time guardian and guardians for this place of our birth.

Ipphli
2008-08-12, 07:16 PM
"The time guardian will be created. When we are ready you all be asked to return here and give a bit of yourselves to the task. And I think we all agree to no direct interference with the mortal races. Although a harmless visit or...prank would probably be overlooked." He looks over at the she-dragon, smiling, before looking at all the others. "Are we all agreed then?"

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-12, 07:33 PM
((We could even give our power at any time, no matter where we are. Cog just has to move at the speed of thought and collect the power from all the gods. Anything to speed up the process.))

Erothayce
2008-08-12, 07:35 PM
"I am in agreement with this. I do still wish to visit my chldren from time to time.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-12, 08:36 PM
Simmith&Brakin

The she-dragon smiled, a predators grin splitting her lips, with massive fangs, and two serpents fangs. She spoke Very well... for now and a cloud of shadows billowed up from nowhere, swallowing the area. When it cleared she, the throne, and its shadow were all gone.

Don the Bastard
2008-08-12, 09:28 PM
Cog rushes through the minds of all the gods, collecting a fragment of their divintiy each that they are willing to give, she arrives back in the room, she stands feet wide and holding her hands out, like she is squeezing a giant ball, muscles shaking, eyes closed and teeth gritted (it is not easy to force all the concordant forces together) She eventually gets her hands together, her muscles ripple down her arms and into the ball. She opens her hand and holds out what looks like a clockwork man. "I give you Chronos, time keeper, he will sit here in the Cradle of Creation guarding the passage of time for all eternity" she places him down on the ground and he grows to the size of an iron golem, dwarfing all of the gods. "He has a little of each of us in him, and so is stronger than all, but he is charged with but one task, to stop the mortals and gods alike from interfering with time"

TheOutlander
2008-08-12, 11:05 PM
Phelunus marveled at the Hollow world Azura showed him,

he very much liked it.

"It's... nice." he said, trying to put into words what he thought about the wondrous place.

"I don't know why I came to you, but I felt like it, hope you don't mind."

Phelenus felt the need to bring up Aresk moonfell, and his complete lack of diplomacy, he thought he might get a laugh from the sparkling maiden, but he was uncharacteristically quiet, cowed by the quiet grace of Azura.

Ipphli
2008-08-12, 11:58 PM
The meeting at a close, Hammon returns to his city. Once there he first visits his new dragons, quickly growing into adulthood. He smiles as they nuzzle at him as they would a beloved parent. "Well hello there. Aren't you growing up fast. Soon you shall be ready to enter the world and live on your own. Before you do there a few things you must know." He goes on to explain the world and the races in it, as well as the other gods present.

After the dragons go to sleep, Hammon turns his attention to the new metals he recently created. He labors over his forge, making various items out of various metals, learning their strengths and weaknesses. While working with a particularly hard metal he decided to call mithril, Hammon began worrying about all he had heard at the council. War would come eventually, of that he was certain. Some of the others were just too opposite, and violent, for it not to come to pass.

And war among the gods would mean war among the mortals. He was confident his followers could hold their own. But perhaps if he gained followers amongst the other races as well, they would stand an even better chance. With that thought, Hammon sent an avatar to the dwarves and giants, telling them to send out clerics to their neighbors in an attempt to spread his own religion. In return, his gifts of metallurgy and blacksmithing would be taught.

But what to do with the more powerful of his fellow gods' creations? The angels and demons were particularly worrisome. They contained a fair measure of their masters' powers, making them fearsome foes. While not worried about going forth to fight them, what if someone made a bid for his city? Others may not respect his neutrality if a war were to come.

Just then Hammon looked down and realized what he had created. It was a man made of mithril, armored and carrying a large hammer. A little taller than the average human, it looked very impressive. "The others have their near-divine servants. Why shouldn't I have my own elite?"
Hammon worked tirelessly and created a legion of the statues. And now for the final touch: he blew some of his divine breath into each of them, bringing them all to life. But they were still no more than golems. But Script could change that.

With that, Hammon set off to go and find Script...

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-13, 12:18 AM
Simmith&Brakin

Returning to the Shadows, the Twins felt a need to create a new race. None would know their true patrons, and they would be known to all. Simmith took a scale from their daughter, and took a shadow and traveled the land. They took many forms, a beggar, a blacksmith, a traveler, an angel, a demon, and finally a goblin chieftain. They began to grow fond of the underdark a place where their shadows were powerful and little threatened by the harsh daylight. They saw many temples to them, scattered among the various races. A good number of them were from their own creations, but a fair number were of the varied other races. They decided to create a race in the deeps of the underdark, and none would know of their creators. They had to be unlike them, so that they would not be connected.

They started with a basic shape, it would have the head like a human or an elf, its upper body would be thin and corpse-like, it would have four arms. Two arms would be webbed and double jointed, while two smaller limbs farther down would be like the hand of an elf, soft and smooth, and finally it have the legs of a frog, large and powerful with strong claws. Its skin would be green, its eyes pearls, it would have gills and lungs, and its eyes would have an extra set of clear lids that would close from the sides, its teeth would be long and needlelike, its skin slimy, wet, and cold. Their hair would be like wet rope, hanging down in chords, it would be various dark colors. Last he gave them a dark feral cunning, and a lust for the flesh of the living. He called them Hresk.

The Twins planted the Hresk in the deeps of underdark, in black oceans and seas, and they would head upward on their own. making themselves known. Rumors would spread of strange fishmen living deep beneath the ground.

They smiled to another and retreated to their shadowy world, to watch them grow, outward and upward.

Erothayce
2008-08-13, 03:20 AM
Returning to his home in the sky Erothayce went immediately to his silver protectors to see how they're education was coming long. Elf: They are learning amazingly fast, lord.
"That is good for soon they must go out into the world to dispense the law and uphold good. But this learning in the Bastion is doing no good. I will take them into the world and show them it's many varied races adn regions so thy may know it better."
"As you would have it my lord."
Erothayce gathered his Protectors in a bubble of divine energy and brought them along to show them the world.

loopy
2008-08-13, 09:15 AM
Script

Tending over his Littlefolk creations, Script notices Hammon approach. "Greetings brother, what can I do for you? Glad I am to feel the love of precious metals flowing through your Dwarves."

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-13, 10:07 AM
Azura

The goddess closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. She was serene even when Cog reached out to her to rip her soul apart. The fragment of Azura's being mixed with the others to form the Keeper of Time. The Feathered Lady felt exhausted. But she knew that this state was only temoporary.

Her plan was now set in motion. Unbeknown to her fellow gods, Cog aside, Azura had let a bigger part of her infuse the construct. Chronos had thus been tainted with the goddess' essence in a imperceptible way. By doing this, she would keep some freedom to meddle with time. Nothing more than a backup plan in case something went wrong.

Azura turned her attention to Phelenus. She noticed his uncharacteristic behaviour, wondering what caused it.

"I don't mind at all. Your presence will always be welcome here. Would you mind staying for a feast in my palace?"

She hoped he would accept her offer. The goddess was eager to learn more about Phelenus, his creations, his dreams...His abilities could really come in handy. She had found in him a perfect ally. After all, they weren't that different. They had many goals in common.

He was also quite charming, she admitted.

(OOC: Azura's plan approved by Demonking.)

ArlEammon
2008-08-13, 10:43 AM
Cyan's barrier grew more powerful as every year passed. Meanwhile the Mist Walkers built magnificient cities of extreme advancement. Isolationist policies ensured that the Walkers would not become too ambitious. Walkers taught magic in their academies, and the minor steam power and magi-tech advanced. They found they could build machines capable of carrying very heavy loads for up to 30 miles an hour. The people of the Mist City had been numbered ten thousand, and they had just begun to discover alchemical formulas to create healing potions.

TheOutlander
2008-08-13, 11:19 AM
Phelunus eagerly accepted dinner, but as he began to say it, his face turned ashen and he fell to the ground as part of his soul was used to create the time guardian. Having it so forcefully ripped from him, he struggled to get up as he felt less than whole.

as he was stammering, it was more or less embarrassing.

"I.. AGH.. erm.. guh... I would love to feast with you."

perhaps this feast would fill the hole he found in his soul. as for Azura, he just hoped he had no outbursts like that at dinner.

all roads led to somewhere, lets just hope his doesn't lead to failure.

Ipphli
2008-08-13, 01:54 PM
Hammons smiles."Greetings to you brother! My dwarves, and to a lesser extent the giants, have found the metals to be most useful. As have I. Which is why I have come to you today. Perhaps you would care to come with me to my home? I have something to show you."

Leading Script to his forge, he shows him the legion of golems he has created. "Behold my newest creations. Made by my own hand and blessed with incredible power because of it, I call them simply Mithril Guardians. They are my answer to the angels and demons the others have created. But as you can see they are not much more than automatons. This is where I was hoping you could help me. Can you make them intelligent, able to act as would any of our other races?"

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-13, 02:31 PM
Khardas came into being. He awoke into a castle, sleepily opening his eyes and looking around. He decided that this wasn't a place that he could settle down in, so he willed himself to the shores of an ocean, where a river's mouth was. This is the place where my worshippers shall reign he said as he crafted a creature from the silt. It looked like a viper, but with a torso and arms, but also with lionfish like fins. He breathed life into it and created a few more. You shall be known as Vipaar and you will rule the waters of this realm, be fruitful and multiply. He then looked to the mighty ocean itself and decided that would be his realm, where no other ruled but him.

Ipphli
2008-08-13, 02:48 PM
Hammon looks up and around, feeling new life being created."Someone else is creating new life as well. In the waters this time." Curious, Hammon sent an avatar to where he felt the new creatures were created to see what they were and who was responsible.

Meanwhile, the dwarves began encountering a strange, semi-intelligent breed of monsters in the underdark. Vicious and cunning, they preyed on those who came too near their watery homes. The dwarves began avoiding such places for fear of what may lie just beneath the surface.

((OOC: I assume the Hresk stay close to water. And that they were more cunning then intelligent. If I'm wrong just let me know.))

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-13, 03:01 PM
Khardas sensed others, but they were unimportant at the moment. Here, my creations, I shall give you a place to live, to sleep, to thrive. He took some coral out of the water and shaped it into a home. He set it down in the waters next to the Vipaar, and watched as a pair of them entered the house. He made more for the half dozen Vipaar that were there and then watched them. He created a few more, made their houses, and then made 6 more. You shall be my clerics, teach the others my way, and lead them. I shall craft you a temple to live and teach my word. Be fruitful and multiply. He crafted them a coral temple and set it down in the middle of the little village, and the clerics went inside. Some of the presences he felt earlier, though in a lesser state, came closer.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-13, 03:07 PM
((OOC: I don't want them to be too much like Kuo-toa.))

Simmith&Brakin

The Hresk are more cunning than intelligent, but they have "intelligence" when it comes to some things like they have a good grasp of tactics, they aren't the best tacticians ever, but they're pretty good at fighting in the underdark and they are amphibious, so while they prefer being near the water, they aren't afraid to go looking for new water sources.

But, Simmith decided they needed an edge, something to set them apart from the common underdark beasts, they needed an ability that none other had. He gave them the limited ability to create life. By working together, they could bring new species to the world under their command, much like another species might tame a creature, and they could also give the spark of life to corpses, bringing the recently dead back to life.

((OOC: This means that they can work together to make new animals and plants, and working together they can bring people who died in the last 24 hours back to life, anymore than that and the spark is gone, and they can't bring it back))