PDA

View Full Version : excelent work rich

Gamerlord
2008-08-07, 07:34 AM
Making belkar go temporarily ku-coo made him leave the list of my most hated charerter and enter the list of my most loved charerters.

Who else loves the new belkster?
And who hated Belkar before and loves him now.

Spiryt
2008-08-07, 08:07 AM
Okay so if that's the point of the thread :

- loved Belkar in from 1 to ~ 250 strips. His sarcastic comments and general attitude were great.
- the he was a bit too much standard psycho to me, with random, often just too pointless killing. But still enjoyable character. Never hated him.

Now when mildly insane, he is also quite funny, in different way.

Linkavitch
2008-08-07, 08:33 AM
I agree with Spiryt: I always enjoyed Belkar, just in a different way now that he's insane.

ericgrau
2008-08-07, 09:08 AM
xp Belkar: awesome
ADD Belkar vs. bandits: meh
impractical joke(d) Belkar: awesome
anti-Miko Belkar: triple awesome
stuck-in-Azure-City Belkar: awesome
jerk Belkar (leaving Azure city): meh
MoJ Belkar: awesome

I say he's always been awesome, though his character tends to change slightly from plotline to plotline since he has no clear long-term motivation. He will be missed when he gets killed off, even though it would have been hard for him to stay in the OotS with his attitude.

Zordrath
2008-08-07, 09:27 AM
I always found Belkar one of the most funny characters, but he really dropped in my list after the siege of Azure city. He's slowly climbing back up, but still hasn't reached the awesomeness he had before yet.

SlightlyEvil
2008-08-07, 09:41 AM
Belkar is exhibit B in how to Cross the Line Twice (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrossesTheLineTwice) (Exhibit A being the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail). His sociopathy is awful, but hilariously so. However, this can be pushed too far, and we cross the line a third time. The main victim of this effect that I can think of is Black Mage from 8-Bit Theatre. With that character, he's just sociopathically evil, but it often goes too far past hilariously evil. Belkar was in this territory shortly after leaving Azure City, but when he got his comeuppance from the Oracle, all was brought back into balance.

Zolem
2008-08-07, 09:46 AM
I like him when he halucintes. Lucid moments....not so much.

d'Bwobsling
2008-08-07, 10:35 AM
Okay so if that's the point of the thread :

- loved Belkar in from 1 to ~ 250 strips. His sarcastic comments and general attitude were great.
- the he was a bit too much standard psycho to me, with random often just too pointless killing. But still enjoyable character. Never hated him.

Now when mildly insane, he is also quite funny, in different way.

Spiryt said it all for me

Mr. Mud
2008-08-07, 10:42 AM
How do you not love belkar? I mean he's belkar... I don't know how to even describe it. but he's... he's... BELKAR!

Or maybe I just have a thing for finding psychopaths hilarious.

tenguro
2008-08-07, 02:10 PM
Yeah Belkar FTW! I always wonder what it was like to have a CE character in the party if all good, well mostly, good people.