PDA

View Full Version : Best way to neutralize the hulk?

krossbow
2008-08-08, 12:10 AM
When confronted with the problem of dealing with the hulk, ala thunderbolt Ross.

However, for this situation, assume that you have basically all the resources of the marvel universe, not just a military group. This includes other super powered heroes or beings.

Generally, pure brute force beatdowns are the worst possible way to counter him, so this is a bit of an interesting question.

kpenguin
2008-08-08, 12:14 AM
A fluffy bunny cannon?

chiasaur11
2008-08-08, 12:39 AM
Being friendly, forthright, and honest.

Of course, if Banner isn't in there somewhere, the answer is the send in Thor teamed with Squirrel Girl to beat him senseless.

MrFabulous
2008-08-08, 09:04 AM
I like the Wallflower approach of just using pheromones to calm him down.

Linkavitch
2008-08-08, 10:01 AM
Go all Joker on him. Wait until he's calmed down, then implant a cell phone in his stomach with a bomb in it. Then when he attacks you, run away screaming "I just want my phone call", and blow him up. Either that or the Thing to keep him occupied while Vaarsuvius from OotS prepares 'Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion'.

Ecalsneerg
2008-08-08, 11:41 AM
The emotion removal drug from Equilibrium.

If you have to use the resources of the Marvel Universe, I want The Fantastic Four. Richards makes a teleporter, and all Sue needs to do is hold up a forcefield just long enough for him to detonate a nuclear weapon in the enclosed forcefield.

Pick holes in it all you like, but the hell with it, I like the plan.

Copacetic
2008-08-08, 11:47 AM
Calm him down. As soon as he turns back to a human, shoot him in the face. Repeatedly. Then blow up the corpse. With a tank.

Dihan
2008-08-08, 12:05 PM
*Insert generic comment about Franklin Richards wiping him from reality.*

:smalltongue:

sikyon
2008-08-08, 12:08 PM
When confronted with the problem of dealing with the hulk, ala thunderbolt Ross.

However, for this situation, assume that you have basically all the resources of the marvel universe, not just a military group. This includes other super powered heroes or beings.

Generally, pure brute force beatdowns are the worst possible way to counter him, so this is a bit of an interesting question.

See: World War Hulk

Ecalsneerg
2008-08-08, 12:41 PM
Yeah, but World War Hulk was a little unfair. I mean, he'd been exiled into space, managed to salavage that situation and build a new life, before the same guys who exiled him destroyed his happy new life. He hasn't been at that level of rage in his entire run of comics.

The fact the Marvel Universe fought this uber-Hulk piecemeal was also a factor. I mean, you've got Stark and Richards, surely they could realise that'll never work!?

krossbow
2008-08-08, 01:18 PM
See: World War Hulk

The problem being, at the end he LET himself be neutralized. He practically begged for stark to orbital blitz him.

If he was intent on avoiding being defeated, its possible he could of found a way to evade it long enough to smash the person at the controls.

Jack_Banzai
2008-08-09, 07:49 PM
I suppose Graviton could just send him into outer space. Or Quasar could wrap him in a skintight but elastic field of anti-gravitons and do the same thing. Or a density-increaser could leave him at the bottom of the ocean until he drowns.

Grod_The_Giant
2008-08-10, 09:25 PM
The emotion removal drug from Equilibrium.

If you have to use the resources of the Marvel Universe, I want The Fantastic Four. Richards makes a teleporter, and all Sue needs to do is hold up a forcefield just long enough for him to detonate a nuclear weapon in the enclosed forcefield.

Pick holes in it all you like, but the hell with it, I like the plan.

...Hulk survives the nuke?

I'd say pull back all forces, evacuate civilians, and send in friendly puppies and ice cream.

doliest
2008-08-11, 06:31 AM
Before I start on the best I'd like to correct the OP's comment on the worst way, by telling him what is actually the worst:

I found this mentioned on a site, but anyway,:

A hero called starfox stood a meter away from hulk, and I swear I am not making this up, attempted to use his Pyschic powers to overwehlm hulk's anger with waves of erotic pleasure(the comic describes that the waves would cause someone to break out in ecstasy and since starfox tended to use his power on chicks:smalleek:)....he got what super-soldierd, but not mutated abomination got in The Incrediable Hulk.

Anyway, I would get abomination, wolverine, and deadpool together, then slap venom on wolverine, toxin on abomination, and carnage on deadpool, and allow them to either A.Kill Hulk or B. Fight Hulk until the universe eventually goes apocolypse. If those three loose, I make an unholy pact and send in squirrel girl.

Avilan the Grey
2008-08-11, 06:39 AM
I think the solution, if Marvel wanted him dead (and therefore he stayed dead) is simply to kill Banner i a quick and very lethal way. Blow his brains out would do, probably. But that wouldn't be *fun* to read about.

Laurentio II
2008-08-11, 06:55 AM
Have Hulk marry, have a baby, than red-con it. This will make the comics uninteresting, and Marvel closes it.
Almost worked with Spider-Man.

doliest
2008-08-11, 07:12 AM
Well, technically the BEST way would have been to go back and explain what a nucluear explosion was to Stan Lee, and watch what happens to a man at ground zero.

krossbow
2008-08-11, 06:05 PM
Have Hulk marry, have a baby, than red-con it. This will make the comics uninteresting, and Marvel closes it.
Almost worked with Spider-Man.

on that note, wasn't the hulk marrying and having a kid the reason for world war hulk (following his wife's death)?

though I must agree, killing the hulk fast with a one hit kill sounds like the best way to down him. Though in a prolonged battle he'll power up to godlike levels, if you catch him in the beginning with a uber explosion (like in the what if story where he died instead of his wife), he'll go down.

Less seriously, squirrel girl would kick hulk's ass hardcore.

Avilan the Grey
2008-08-12, 01:12 AM
Of course depending on how ruthless the writer doing the story is (and that means the characters will use their powers without holding back*) you could just send him into the sun.

Magneto should be able to do it, he has done it before to other characters.
Juggernaut is strong enough to throw someone of hulks mass out of orbit, and has thrown items into the sun before (of course Hulk is strong enough to throw Juggernaut into the sun, too...)

I am sure there would be others that could do it too. But it requires that the writers let the character become utterly ruthless *and* that the character actually comes up with the idea.

*Something they almost never do, even the eeevil guys tend to not use all their powers in a totally destructive manner, maybe because the writers want a world to write about for the next issue too? :smallbiggrin:

Ecalsneerg
2008-08-12, 07:26 AM
...Hulk survives the nuke?

I'm getting in, killing him and getting out. Assuming his healing is proportionate to his rage as well, it should work if I catch him early enough.

I could try to calm him down (Prozium!) in some way. There has to be a way to remove his emotions, even if it's long enough to force him to revert to Bruce Banner. I mean, Jean Grey managed to remove Banner from the Hulk's mind long enough to make him really rage, surely Professor X could do the reverse long enough to nuke him?

We'll use Wolverine to tie Hulk up in comba while X does his thing. Then catch him in the blast. <.<

Green Bean
2008-08-12, 10:14 AM
I read an X-Men novel where Scarlet Witch causes the Hulk's brain to spontaneously release a bunch of dopamine and lower his blood pressure, mellowing him out. Of course, "No More Mutants" Wanda could probably just wish him out of existence.

Scorpina
2008-08-12, 06:05 PM
...kill Bruce Banner in his sleep? *shrug*

Thanatos 51-50
2008-08-12, 06:42 PM
Am I the only one who thinks small scale things, like morphine?
Massive amounts of morphine, overdose levels, if we want to kill him.

AkazilliaDeNaro
2008-08-12, 07:46 PM
Have rogue from x-men hold on to him for about 3 days.
sure she will die in the process of abzorbing his LIFEFORCE but who cares.:smallsigh:

krossbow
2008-08-12, 10:01 PM
Have rogue from x-men hold on to him for about 3 days.
sure she will die in the process of abzorbing his LIFEFORCE but who cares.:smallsigh:

doesn't her powers only work properly on mutants though? i didn't think that bruce banner was technically one.

I Mean, if she can't just do that to juggernaut, then i don't see how she could do that to the hulk.

(not to mention she's still WAY below his level for taking punches, and he could probably smash her into a pulp before she finished him off.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-08-12, 10:08 PM
Have Rogue from X-Men seduce him.

I just had a terrible, awfuly idea as I fixed your post...

Jayngfet
2008-08-12, 11:24 PM
doesn't her powers only work properly on mutants though? i didn't think that bruce banner was technically one.

I Mean, if she can't just do that to juggernaut, then i don't see how she could do that to the hulk.

(not to mention she's still WAY below his level for taking punches, and he could probably smash her into a pulp before she finished him off.

But the hulk is a mutate so he's genetically a mutant.

krossbow
2008-08-12, 11:49 PM
edit: nevermind, i'm an idiot. since she can drain a normal human, it should be feasible, just might not work as smoothly as a x-gene type mutant.

However, the problem remains of avoiding being pulverized before she can down him. since the hulks far out of her league in a normal fight, she'd be suiciding herself to try it normally.

a team up of someone conceivably strong enough to hold him down for a few minutes (prefferably telekinetically so it can be done at range) while she charges him would work well though, and i cannot see anything off the top of my head that would defeat it.

Unless of course he pulls out the bullcrap godmode "MY EMOTIONS CANNOT BE HANDLED!" crap, ala that horrible movie.
However, thats a horrible cop out in my opinion which basicaly says "the hulk won't lose because the writers say so".

Laurentio II
2008-08-13, 05:55 AM
edit: nevermind, i'm an idiot. since she can drain a normal human, it should be feasible, just might not work as smoothly as a x-gene type mutant.
Considering how many humans are mutants without knowing, you are not an idiot. But yes, Rogue powers are not limited. For sure, she drained Thor. If someone tell me that Asgardians are mutant, I'll kill someone.

I'm for gravity reversion. Hoping that he needs to breath.

Ashtar
2008-08-13, 06:22 AM
Camomille tea, massage oil and a soothing massage ?

Blue Paladin
2008-08-13, 10:40 AM
However, the problem remains of avoiding being pulverized before she can down him. since the hulks far out of her league in a normal fight, she'd be suiciding herself to try it normally.Depends on which version of Rogue, really... There was a period when she was the most overpowered character ever. After shenanigans with Skrulls and Sage and who knows what else, at one point she had the ability to "recall" any power she'd absorbed in the past, at will. So in addition to the "basic" class-50 Ms. Marvel superstrength, throw on Colossus (80+) & Thor (100+) & Juggernaut (100+) & Gladiator (100+). And those are just the ones I've seen personally.

Thankfully, they recently reset Rogue to zero; there's a OMD I was glad to see.

Unless of course he pulls out the bullcrap godmode "MY EMOTIONS CANNOT BE HANDLED!" crap, ala that horrible movie.
However, thats a horrible cop out in my opinion which basicaly says "the hulk won't lose because the writers say so".Which is generally the case.

Considering how many humans are mutants without knowing, you are not an idiot. But yes, Rogue powers are not limited. For sure, she drained Thor. If someone tell me that Asgardians are mutant, I'll kill someone.She's definitely drained the Juggernaut before; IIRC it was the last Marvel Team-Up (#150 I think), where Spidey took on Black Tom Cassidy and Juggernaut. Basically Juggs gives the gem of Cyttorak to Black Tom as a birthday present, and it splits the Juggernaut power between the two of them. After the X-Men show up, Rogue drains Black Tom of the Juggernaut power; after her own power wears off, the Juggernaut power goes back to the Ruby and re-claimed by Juggernaut (who gets back to full strength).

I'm for gravity reversion. Hoping that he needs to breath.This came up in a vs. thread from long ago, but somewhere along the line, Peter David gave Hulk the ability to "adapt" to his environment. Granted, the situation in question was underwater, so maybe he got the ability to breathe water. But if it was instead the ability to get by without breathing at all... In any case, it wasn't clear from the source material, so our conclusions were lacking.

sealemon
2008-08-13, 11:10 AM
We talking about Green Scar Hulk or classic Hulk Smash Hulk?

For Green Scar: All the assembled psychics in the Marvel universe (Not sure who all is left since the mutant depowering thingie), plus Dr. Strange and whatever other magic spell slingers there are to buff up the psychics with spells. Shut down Hulk's brain hard with calming emotions until he's in a coma. THIS time, when you load his ass into a shuttle, fly it into the sun.

Classic Hulk: I'd go with the puppies and ice cream solution.

However, you said this was Ross we're playing, and after all this time he still tries the same basic method of trying to out pound the Hulk, so in that case: Thor, Silver Surfer, Sentry, Iron-man with the Hulk Buster armor, Dr. Strange with the demon buff he used in WWH, Ghost Rider, Gladiator, Hercules, Magneto, Black Bolt and Reed Richards actually TEAM UP and WORK TOGETHER to kick Hulk's ass, instead of fighting him one at a time like idiots.

krossbow
2008-08-13, 01:47 PM
The thing about black bolt is that him being a skrull was the only possible reason i can see for him not utterly destroying the hulk.

I mean, feasibly he should be able to just use his voice to kill him without any trouble, as powerful as that is.

Wulfmaster
2008-08-13, 02:17 PM
Tell Galacticus that he is a "small planetiod" and have him eat him. :smalltongue:

AkazilliaDeNaro
2008-08-13, 02:37 PM
dude thanatos5150 you need to just be shot for that idea
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/sillies.php?d=20080627

Khanderas
2008-08-14, 08:19 AM

Freeze him. Hulk has repeatedly gone comatose when he has jumped up into the cold, airless space.

Trizap
2008-08-14, 10:39 AM
hmmmmmmmm.......toughie.............

sing a lullaby, lull him to sleep.

CannibalHymn
2008-08-14, 12:33 PM
Deadpool's intentional Deus Ex Machina can take care of about anything, if it's goofy enough.

While I'm aware it hasn't always worked this way, I think plotforce stuff aside, Thor could take out the Hulk pretty effectively. It's just that sort of BS excuses are created during their conflicts, like the whole "I don't have to lift Mjolnir, since there is no gravity here," thing that writers think is clever, but is just stupid semantics games that treat magic like it's semi-legit comic science.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Red Hulk is the sort of Mary-sue trash that keeps comics from getting literary recognition.

jerichodrumm
2008-08-14, 04:58 PM
Lets take a look at who has already defeated the Hulk.

Silver Surfer (turned him human)
Captain Universe (turned him human)
Doctor Strange (turned him human also has banished him)
Doc Samson (punched him unconsious)
The Presence (turned him human)
The Red Rajah (mind controlled him)
Rick Jones (talked him down)
Betty Ross (talked him down)

heck he even passed out from asphyxiation due to being strangled in less than a minute by an ordinary python. Incredible Hulk #470, November 1998

Of course this was all before the WWH Fanboy stuff....

Molecule Man should still be able to spread his molecules across the cosmos though. He can't healing factor that!

sikyon
2008-08-16, 08:22 AM
Anyway, I would get abomination, wolverine, and deadpool together, then slap venom on wolverine, toxin on abomination, and carnage on deadpool, and allow them to either A.Kill Hulk or B. Fight Hulk until the universe eventually goes apocolypse. If those three loose, I make an unholy pact and send in squirrel girl.

Wolverine/deadpool can't be posses by symbiotes due to healing factor (ie. doom bombs NY with symbiote satalite) and hulk can just slap his hands together and destroy the symbiotes with the sonic shockwaves.

Freeze him. Hulk has repeatedly gone comatose when he has jumped up into the cold, airless space.

Not recently, he just adapted.

My bet would be any of the infinity gems or cosmic cube.

chiasaur11
2008-08-17, 02:00 PM
You know who might have a chance against him?

Beta Ray Bill.

He beat Thor in a (reasonably) fair fight, and Thor always at least gets a tie against the Hulk, so everyone's favorite mjolnir packing cyborg could maybe take him down.

Emperor Tippy
2008-08-18, 07:29 AM
Um, just have Phoenix erase him from time so he never existed?

Besides that it really depends on his specific power level, the specific power level of who he is up against, and what the writers are smoking at the time.

Thorsmjolner
2008-08-18, 04:06 PM
Sneak into Reed Richards lab, or Doc Doom's castle. Go back in time and kill bruce banner pre-gamma bomb.

I mean it may screw up the entire marvel universe, but what doesn't....

krossbow
2008-08-18, 04:56 PM
Sneak into Reed Richards lab, or Doc Doom's castle. Go back in time and kill bruce banner pre-gamma bomb.

I mean it may screw up the entire marvel universe, but what doesn't....

On that matter, try and sell your marriage to mephisto in order to get him to erase bruce banner.

North
2008-08-19, 12:16 PM
Toss/teleport him into deep space.

Banish to a limbo like dimension.

chiasaur11
2008-08-19, 12:30 PM
Toss/teleport him into deep space.

Banish to a limbo like dimension.

Both have been tried.

Limbo worked out decent for a while, Space... not so much.

North
2008-08-19, 03:42 PM
Both have been tried.

Limbo worked out decent for a while, Space... not so much.

Not space as in a alien planet. Space as a trajectory toss out of orbit and away from the earth towards nothingness. Hulk can't hit *nothing*.

chiasaur11
2008-08-19, 05:45 PM
Not space as in a alien planet. Space as a trajectory toss out of orbit and away from the earth towards nothingness. Hulk can't hit *nothing*.

He could.

You see, the whole Marvel universe is a cosmic level being, and if Hulk got mad enough...

Ragabash
2008-08-20, 04:35 AM
I'm really out of the loop with comics, but I have to agree with the "kill him as Bruce Banner" idea. My suggestion is to have Bullseys hit him as Bruce with a traquilizer dart to put him to sleep, then that's followed up with decapitation and incineration. Scatter the ashes somewhere. This has the advantage that if Hulk survives somehow and wakes up in a rage, hopefully he'll be mad at Bullseye and go after him instead of trying to figure out who hired him. This is the signal for the employer to leave town very quickly and hope that Bruce Banner never figures things out.

Ecalsneerg
2008-08-20, 06:11 PM
You know who might have a chance against him?

Beta Ray Bill.

He beat Thor in a (reasonably) fair fight, and Thor always at least gets a tie against the Hulk, so everyone's favorite mjolnir packing cyborg could maybe take him down.
Thor and Beta Ray Bill?

I'd pay to se... actually I saw Red Hulk vs Thor. Possibly I wouldn't like to see it with the current writers.

ocato
2008-08-20, 06:46 PM
All-father Thor. You know, when he fights the gods of the gods (those who sit up in the shadows or something like that) to stop the Ragnarok cycle and gains the power of odin times like, fifty. Thor then blinks at hulk who is reduced to his base components and returns to the earth.

Or, a non-deus ex machina weakened Sentry, who emits a calming aura and is arguably in the same strength category. Sentry punches him in the face and the longer hulk fights him, the calmer (and therefore weaker) he gets. This coulda woulda shoulda worked in WWH but for some reason instead it didn't. Kind of like the projection of the sentry Richards made that had the same calming power that for some reason didn't work.

WWH was kind of dumb like that. "Let's do this!" "It didn't work!" "Why not?" "...No reason!"

krossbow
2008-08-20, 08:07 PM
Heck, thinking about it and bullseye.

Adamantium has Deus ex machina powers of being able to cut the hulk, due to fan-power held by wolverine.

Via this, create adamantium bullets and give bullseye a gun loaded with them. Have him shoot the hulk in the head multiple times. They can't invalidate these piercing his skull without also invalidating wolverine, who is a sacred cow.

Therefore, there should be at least several pieces of metal lodged in his brain.

chiasaur11
2008-08-21, 12:32 AM
Heck, thinking about it and bullseye.

Adamantium has Deus ex machina powers of being able to cut the hulk, due to fan-power held by wolverine.

Via this, create adamantium bullets and give bullseye a gun loaded with them. Have him shoot the hulk in the head multiple times. They can't invalidate these piercing his skull without also invalidating wolverine, who is a sacred cow.

Therefore, there should be at least several pieces of metal lodged in his brain.

Thing is, Hulk also heals REALLY fast. Like, skin is unburned off before you can say "We're Doomed" fast.

Laurentio II
2008-08-21, 02:59 AM
Thing is, Hulk also heals REALLY fast. Like, skin is unburned off before you can say "We're Doomed" fast.
Speedfreak (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedfreek) once impaled the hulk (green, intelligent) with an adamantium hook, and Hulk had to rip it off his own chest. Yes, he healed immediately, but let's say you use a bigger spear, with hooks that go out only after it's deep into the hulk. If hooks are big enough (and with Henry Pym around, they can grow as much as you like), Hulk would have to rip off his own arms while using them to dislodge the spear. and that is quite impossible, physically.
Now you have some minutes to drop the hulk over an adamantium monolite covered with similar spears, and put a second one over as a sandwich. Should be enough to permanently immobilize him.
If you are paranoiac, cover all with liquid adamantium, put in an adamantium coffin, bury in an adamantium field, and give to Galactus as a keyring ornament.

Mando Knight
2008-08-30, 02:36 PM
Sneak into the TVA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Variance_Authority) and steal the Ret-Cannon. (They almost ret-conned out Shulkie with the thing...)

Of course, you'd have to take him out of 616 first--MCU would never delete a Stan Lee Original.

Enlong
2008-08-30, 03:41 PM
Do tranquilizers work on the Hulk? Not knowing that, I'm going to suggest any form of relaxants or narcotics to try and put the Hulk under.

Mando Knight
2008-08-30, 04:07 PM
If his healing factor works like Stark's Extremis (increased metabolism to regenerate lost cells quickly), then tranqs'll only work for a few seconds before they're out of the system.

If you need to take out the Hulk when he's really angry, you need to erase him from the continuity. Which might make Spider-Man accept the symbiote, or Stark conquer the world through Extremis-enhanced Iron Man tech, Galactus devouring the world... any of which may turn out to be far worse than letting the not-so-Jolly Green Giant live...

leo_neil316
2008-08-31, 09:18 AM
Wolverine/deadpool can't be posses by symbiotes due to healing factor (ie. doom bombs NY with symbiote satalite) and hulk can just slap his hands together and destroy the symbiotes with the sonic shockwaves.

Deadpool was temporarily in cable/deadpool 50, stabbed himself in the head with a forth walled dues ex machina to kill the symbiont. You'd end up with two monsters unkillable by normal means duking it out until the one who thinks unconventionally figures out a way to kill the other.

The main problem with this plan is that.... well it'd be like killing galactus by making something that ate entire solar systems in one gulp instead of just planets.

You'd be killing 'the dude that rages out and trashes some property/saves the world on occasion while being almost unstoppable' with 'completely immortal and indestructible sociopathic rampaging monster that kills everyone it can reach, is insanely skilled and knowledgeable about how to do so, and never ever ever ever ever stops'.

Could be worse though. The symbiont could leave pool/wolvie and latch onto the hulk instead.

As for the rogue idea. Thats also been tried (the bit where someone was referenceing her 'one man xteam' moment in xtreame xmen also has her calling up the hulks powers to keep herself alive after being stabbed through the heart)

Dorizzit
2008-08-31, 11:36 AM
Best way to neutralize the Hulk? Calm him down.

chiasaur11
2008-08-31, 01:58 PM

With Hostess Fruit Pies!

Thanatos 51-50
2008-09-01, 02:00 AM

This is why I suggested morphine, already.

Dode
2008-09-01, 03:00 AM
Slip plastic explosives in Bruce Banner's stew.

krossbow
2008-09-01, 04:40 PM
technically, if tony stark can create nanites to neutralize she-hulk and keep her from transforming, shouldn't he be able to manufacture ones that would work on the hulk?

Granted, at this point, the question is if these nanites only work to prevent transformation or could reverse one.

Dode
2008-09-01, 05:34 PM
technically, if tony stark can create nanites to neutralize she-hulk and keep her from transforming, shouldn't he be able to manufacture ones that would work on the hulk?

Granted, at this point, the question is if these nanites only work to prevent transformation or could reverse one. Of course, that's why he developed the She-Hulk neutralizers: to use on the Hulk. He tried using them in WWH but in a tie-in comic it was revealed that they were sabotaged by someone (i forget who) and as a result Tony got his ass kicked.

Dihan
2008-09-01, 06:01 PM
Couldn't Lady Mastermind or some other powerful illusionist just make the WWHulk believe that everything is ok? If she can make someone believe they've been stabbed in the back so well that they bleed through the pores of their skin, she must at least be able to calm the WWHulk down a tiny bit.

What if Wallflower wasn't killed? Did the WWHulk actually go up against any emotion controllers?

I must find a mutant who can handle the WWHulk!... It probably has to be an omega level mutant though. How about Vulcan?

leafman
2008-09-01, 07:15 PM
Expanding foam, lots and lots of expanding foam, fired at him from fire hoses until he's completely covered in the stuff. If he can't move a milimeter, all those muscles aren't worth much. But thats probably been tried before. :smallamused:

Sholos
2008-09-02, 01:57 AM
Did anyone mention Scarlet Witch yet?

I am, of course, speaking of her horribly overpowered form.

Dode
2008-09-02, 04:17 AM
Couldn't Lady Mastermind or some other powerful illusionist just make the WWHulk believe that everything is ok?
WWHulk would have "angried" his way out of it in some ridiculously nonsensical manuever.

WWHulk wasn't exactly the best crossover guys.

I must find a mutant who can handle the WWHulk!... It probably has to be an omega level mutant though. How about Vulcan?
how about

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8858/440pxsquirrelgirl442ld8.jpg

Dihan
2008-09-02, 05:39 AM
I forgot to say "excluding Squirrel Girl". :smalltongue:

tribble
2008-09-02, 09:28 AM
I cast plane shift, and send hulk to the nine hells.:smalltongue:

Laurentio II
2008-09-02, 09:54 AM
I cast plane shift, and send hulk to the nine hells.:smalltongue:
So that i can climb his way back, again?

Blue Paladin
2008-09-02, 02:12 PM
WWHulk would have "angried" his way out of it in some ridiculously nonsensical manuever."Wow. I'm feeling pretty mellowed out right now. Yeah. Everything's cool with the world. ... What's up with that? I like it when I'm angry. Why aren't I angry? I'm getting angry that I'm not angry... Really angry! RAR!"

See? I can write just as badly as the professionals!

marquiz
2008-09-02, 02:37 PM
What about trying to find a proper black hole, which actually is a black hole rather than a shortcut through MU, secret hiding space of skrull/kree love children, or whatever.

Gamma rays/energy cannot escape speed of light... nor can hulk, not enough mass... and nothing to stand on anyway, except for whatever causes the gravity at the center of the blackhole...

oh and make sure the ship/person carrying him/teleporting him does not get misdirected by actually observing it while it goes there...

of course, actually examining gamma rays/energy and finding some solution that counters it directly might help too, as potentially bruce generates his own gamma by now...

Dode
2008-09-03, 06:12 PM
What about trying to find a proper black hole, which actually is a black hole rather than a shortcut through MU, secret hiding space of skrull/kree love children, or whatever.
good luck :smallbiggrin:

Mando Knight
2008-09-03, 08:07 PM

Unfortunately, when Stark was captured in WW Hulk, he was not thrown into a cave, and he had no access to scraps.:smallsigh:

Theoretically, Stark could develop nanites that would work until the writers decided that they'd kept Hulk out of the action long enough, in which he'd over come them by excessive gamma radiation or something. Right now, though, he's more interested in green shapeshifters, not a green crazy-strong man-mountain.

Dode
2008-09-03, 08:37 PM
Seriously, has noone else read Ennis' "Punisher & Hulk vs. Daredevil, Spider-Man and Wolverine"?!?!?!

ericgrau
2008-09-16, 08:13 PM
Therapy sessions.

chiasaur11
2008-09-16, 09:01 PM
Therapy sessions.

Doc Sampson tried.

Worked for a bit.

krossbow
2008-09-16, 09:42 PM
WWHulk would have "angried" his way out of it in some ridiculously nonsensical manuever.

WWHulk wasn't exactly the best crossover guys.

how about

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8858/440pxsquirrelgirl442ld8.jpg

Knowing her, her squirrels would bite him as banner and turn into giant green mutant squirrels from his blood and beat the crap out of him as the hulk.

goodyarn
2008-09-30, 10:22 PM
With Hostess Fruit Pies!

Thank you. Someone had to say it.

Ravens_cry
2008-09-30, 10:48 PM
How about filling a concrete bunker, with hulk inside, with molten metal? And cool the outside with liquid nitrogen, until it is a massive bunker shaped mass of solid metal.

Yulian
2008-10-01, 01:14 AM
I think the solution, if Marvel wanted him dead (and therefore he stayed dead) is simply to kill Banner i a quick and very lethal way. Blow his brains out would do, probably. But that wouldn't be *fun* to read about.

This.

You have to get Banner. Hulk heals rapidly, is frighteningly strong to begin with, and has excellent reflexes. Depending on which Hulk you're looking at he may even be as smart as Banner.

Hulk is also unusually psionically resistant. Psi-striking Banner may only mean Bruce is out of the fight and some Hulk has just taken over the body.

Hulk has shown a notable lack of resistance (relatively speaking) to chemical assault. He's been gassed numerous times. Starting with an intense chemical assault on Banner designed to put him to sleep may be the best bet. If you can get him to sleep, you could kill him then.

A nuke might be a very bad idea. He could potentially absorb the radiation then we'd have Maestro again.

- Yulian

Khanderas
2008-10-01, 07:54 AM
Expanding foam, lots and lots of expanding foam, fired at him from fire hoses until he's completely covered in the stuff. If he can't move a milimeter, all those muscles aren't worth much. But thats probably been tried before. :smallamused:
Not being able to move would annoy him, and eventually he prolly would do that handclap thing and the shockwave would blow the foam away.
If you cant capture him by locking him in a steel cage, I dont think foam would be much resistence, except from keeping him in the "air" so he could punch efficiently.

Seraph
2008-10-01, 07:28 PM
lure him into a field of burning pot.

Finn Solomon
2008-10-01, 11:28 PM
Molly Hayes could take him.

chiasaur11
2008-10-01, 11:49 PM
Molly Hayes could take him.

Eh.
Fifty fifty odds at best. I mean, as awesome as she is, Molly Hayes ain't Doreen Green.

New plan: Import Rex the Wonderdog! from the DCU. Rex is nigh omnipotent.

Yulian
2008-10-02, 12:09 PM
Doc Sampson tried.

Worked for a bit.

Well, Professor wasn't merged, he was another, idealized personality.

Frighteningly, I think Green Scar may actually be a "merged" Hulk. His personality didn't seem to fluctuate with his form at all. He could change at will and Banner acted exactly like Hulk, especially when he went up against Stephen.

Maybe just give him what he wants and stop killing people he loves? That sounds good. He would have stayed on Sakaar except for the Red King's jerks and Miek being insane.

- Yulian

Linkavitch
2008-10-02, 02:47 PM
Wasn't there another thread on this topic someplace? Anyway, my vote is to have :vaarsuvius: cast "Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion" on him.

alchemyprime
2008-10-02, 07:57 PM
The more tentacle raped the Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets.

That's just make him even more angry, man.

chiasaur11
2008-10-02, 08:27 PM
Yeah.
If the angrier Hulk gets the stronger he gets, and he can explode trees with a punch just after eating a twinky (the happiest state available to man), imagine how strong that'd make him.

Ravens_cry
2008-10-03, 01:09 AM
He would probably start raping the tentacles, that's hoe strong he would get.

Idea for complete destruction of Hulk.
get Hulk in space, get Hulk massed amount of antimatter, throw antimatter at hulk, say by it being anti-iron and with railguns. No more Hulk.

Laurentio II
2008-10-03, 03:21 AM
Idea for complete destruction of Hulk.
get Hulk in space, get Hulk massed amount of antimatter, throw antimatter at hulk, say by it being anti-iron and with railguns. No more Hulk.
It would be the first time in Marvel history that someone is permanently killed by a very huge explosion.
Let's see... (sorry for TvTropes non-lovers)

a single drop of blood / dna filament survive, and hulk is back by regeneration (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoodThingYouCanHeal)
the explosion send him in a parallel dimension (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnotherDimension), while everyone thinks he is dead (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PutOnABus)
there is no trace of Hulk (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeaderThanDead), but actually because someone (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SufficientlyAdvancedAlien) transported him in another place/time/dimension just a second before (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JustInTime), to use him as a goon/prove his worthy/restore the equilibrium of the universe
and the very most common (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeenItAMillionTimes): he just survive! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Asspull)

krossbow
2008-10-03, 11:06 AM
Heck, his Alternate future self Regenerated from a skeleton simply because his spirit refused to die.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-10-03, 11:22 AM
"Hash" brownies pumped with hydrocodone. That's the solution to your Hulk problem.

Ravens_cry
2008-10-03, 12:25 PM
It would be the first time in Marvel history that someone is permanently killed by a very huge explosion.
Let's see... (sorry for TvTropes non-lovers)

a single drop of blood / dna filament survive, and hulk is back by regeneration (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoodThingYouCanHeal)
the explosion send him in a parallel dimension (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AnotherDimension), while everyone thinks he is dead (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PutOnABus)
there is no trace of Hulk (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeaderThanDead), but actually because someone (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SufficientlyAdvancedAlien) transported him in another place/time/dimension just a second before (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JustInTime), to use him as a goon/prove his worthy/restore the equilibrium of the universe
and the very most common (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeenItAMillionTimes): he just survive! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Asspull)

Yeah.I forgot, the bigger the explosion, the more certain they are to come back in the Marvelverses. I was trying to be, eh, slightly scientific.

Texas Jedi
2008-10-03, 12:45 PM
How about a machine like a chinese finger trap. The more the Hulk rages the more he gets trapped.

The only way to get him out is if he calms down, and when he does shoot Bruce with a few 105 howitzer shells.