PDA

View Full Version : Build a Better Dragon [3.5]

kpenguin
2008-08-08, 02:59 AM
I'm running Voyage of the Golden Dragon and it calls for the use of a young adult white dragon mount for a drow druid. Now, it reccomends the use of the example dragon from the MM, but that one... sucks.

I'd like some advice on building a better dragon. Mostly feats, since a young adult white doesn't get any spells. Skills would be nice too, but not entirely necessary.

I can use the Draconomicon, by the way. Other sources as well, but that seems to be the most pertinent.

Emperor Tippy
2008-08-08, 03:33 AM
Hover and Flyby Attack. Power Attack as well. That's 3 of its 5 feats.

Spiryt
2008-08-08, 03:45 AM
Why it sucks so much? And why white dragon? Shouldn't they be rather arctic?

Regardless, what always bugged me about dragons is their Dex 10. Maybe they thought that really big dragons shouldn' be very nimble? Logical, but Collosall and Gragantuan as well as clumsy fly speed already covers it nice, besides what problem would it be to decrease dexterity with age? I'll give young adult at least 14 Dexterity, since they're not the biggest dragons.

He will have not so pathetic touch AC, and some Initiative score...

Kurald Galain
2008-08-08, 03:55 AM
I'd suggest Wingover.

bosssmiley
2008-08-08, 04:11 AM
Why it sucks so much? And why white dragon? Shouldn't they be rather arctic?

It's Eberron. Eberron does things (wilfully) differently. Drow worshipping scorpions. Halflings riding dinosaurs. Orc druids. Ambiguous alignments and weird team-ups. You get the idea...