PDA

View Full Version : [Paragon Path] Every great magic trick consists of three parts or acts

Blackdrop
2008-08-08, 09:00 PM
Illusionist

Prerequisite: Wizard class

"Heh. Most guys don't even know what hit them. One second they're standing in the middle of perfectly normal room, then BAM! They're on the floor because the big guys in armor came out of nowhere and tackled'em."

To you, nothing come more naturally as tricking enemies and audiences alike with a simple illusion. On the stage, your tricks are always fresh and original, your showmanship unmatched. You apply the same freshness and originality to the battlefield. To your allies, your a treat and an essential ally. To your enemies, a menace.

Illusionist Path Features
Every Trick in the Book (11th level): You can spend an action point to regain one wizard encounter power with the illusion keyword, instead of taking an extra action.
How does he do it!? (11th level): Enemies within 10 squares of you must roll two dice when rolling saving throws against illusion effects. They must use the lower of the two rolls.
I'll Need Something from the Audience (16th level): When you hit an enemy and it takes damage from a wizard power with the Illusion keyword, you gain temporary hit points equal to one-half the amount of damage you dealt with the power.

Illusionist Spells

Phantasmal Terror-------- Illusionist Attack 11
Seemingly from nowhere, it appears to your enemies as if you called forth their worst nightmares to terrorize them.
Encounter * Arcane, Fear, Illusion, Implement
Standard Action-----Area Burst 2 within 10 squares
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: Intelligence vs. Will
Hit: 3d8 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage
Effect: The target moves its speed + your Wisdom modifier away from you. The fleeing target avoids unsafe squares and difficult terrain if it can. This movement provokes opportunity attacks.

Mirage Arcana -------- Illusionist Utility 12
As the guard leaves you breath a sigh of relief, as the perfectly orderly barroom transforms into a disorderly mess.
Daily * Arcane, Illusion
Standard Action-----Area Burst 7 with 10 squares
Effect: You can change the appearance of the burst area to your liking. These changes remain until the end of your next turn. Any creature examining the area closely makes a save (Intelligence vs Will). If the creature succeeds, the effected area fades back, revealing the illusion.
If the mirage includes any hazards (lava, fire, traps, etc.) these do not harm any creature entering the affected squares.
Sustain Standard: You can sustain this power for one hour.

Opening Act -------- Illusionist Attack 20
I'd like to thank all of you for coming. I have a special trick just for you!
Daily * Arcane, Illusion, Implement
Standard Action-----Area Burst 1 within 20 squares
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: Intelligence vs. Will
Hit: 4d8 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage and the target is dazed until teh end of its next turn.
Effect: You may immediately use an encounter power with the illusion keyword that you have not yet used this encounter.

Grey Watcher
2008-08-08, 09:40 PM
I like it. Especially Mirage Arcana. And the flavor text line on it is really nice. I assume that this Paragon Path is for Wizards (you don't say that specifically, but it seems very Wizardy to me).

Blackdrop
2008-08-08, 09:41 PM
How the hell...did I miss the prereqs?

Anyway the problems has been fixed.