PDA

View Full Version : Lords of Creation, Thread 3

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Innis Cabal
2008-08-11, 08:34 PM
You'd not have gotten a point to slaughter with the weapon enchancment, its hardly a slaughter type enchancment. Flesh grinding? Ya, Wounding? Ya.

Also, you get A domain point to Shadow Dragon, as we are spliting up dragons into seperate domains

shadowxknight
2008-08-11, 08:38 PM
Well I considered Wounding, but I thought that was more Pain as it causes nonstop bleeding.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-11, 08:46 PM
Slaughter would be mass killings, not through a weapon but through devotion to you.

alchemyprime
2008-08-11, 08:47 PM
Okay, someone will need to homebrew a Shadow Dragon domain. All I have is
Dragon
Chromatic
Mettalic
Lung
Gem.

Also, I propose a new 1 AP item: create Weapon of Legacy. Like create artifact, but you don't get a CR bonus. You just watch some mortal use it and have it grow.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-11, 08:48 PM
You guys should stick to PMs instead of spoilers if there's some information you don't want the rest of us to know. In defense of snooping people everywhere I say...C'mooooon. C'mooooon!

Innis Cabal
2008-08-11, 08:50 PM
Okay, someone will need to homebrew a Shadow Dragon domain. All I have is
Dragon
Chromatic
Mettalic
Lung
Gem.

Also, I propose a new 1 AP item: create Weapon of Legacy. Like create artifact, but you don't get a CR bonus. You just watch some mortal use it and have it grow.

I think they should just be able to be made....maybe 1 ap.

Also, no, keep it in spoilers, your only cheating yourself :P

shadowxknight
2008-08-11, 08:54 PM
Err, I'm just going to try to homebrew a Shadow domain.
Since I really don't think I'm going to do anything more with shadow dragons, except maybe send them out to punish heretics.

Umm, how many APs is it to create an Exotic weapon? I'm going to create scythes :smallcool:

Innis Cabal
2008-08-11, 08:55 PM
You know there are stats for those?

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-11, 08:58 PM
Snape kills Trinity with Rosebud...and it turns out they were both Tyler Durden

This is like Psych 1301 stuff. Poll 20 people about peeking in those spoiler boxes. 15 will say they did. 5 will say they didn't, but only 1 is telling the truth.

Create Farming Implement: 20 AP

Although...War Scythes as exotic weapons would be fun.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-11, 09:00 PM
I peaked :P

Rizban
2008-08-11, 10:08 PM
Then quit peeking.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-11, 10:11 PM
I'm one of the Invader gods, i'm actually allowed.

And it was refernce to the above.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-11, 10:18 PM
See...now I'm hungry for duck.

And, did Xiua'Hi just challenge Varr to...a town hall debate?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-11, 10:19 PM
A War of Ideals. What could be more fun then that?

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-11, 10:25 PM
Yeah, but you also announced null terms winning or losing (everyone just goes home). Doesn't seem like Varr would be very interested, though he might tell you otherwise to buy time. And of course Xiua'Hi is still obligated to duel in whatever fashion Varr chooses...since Xiua'Hi extended the challenge and did not specify the nature of the 'duel'. Frankly a "Yo Mama" contest is fair game at this point.

Unless we understand "duel" to universally and indisputably mean "mortal combat", in which case Xiua'Hi is obligated to do battle (and not in the metaphorical sense) with Varr.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-11, 10:31 PM
No one else is doing anything :P

And, the duel still stands. And of course their null terms, its Xiua. Has he done anything all togather positive at this point? Sure he's made life but he hasnt helped it. He hasnt harmed it. His actions in the end all result in 0.

Edit: No, Duel just means fight. He did say "if you lose you go home" so mortal really cant be a part of it. And Varr did say he would not kill Xiua, he would just have to leave the war. Otherwise Xiua would do what he did to Ramus and Nerius, he'd eat Varr and go after the rest who didnt leave.

Faithless
2008-08-11, 10:35 PM
To invader gods.

Make sure to
Not peek in the god dman spoilers because you aren't an invader god, are you. Are you. ARE YOU???

Innis Cabal
2008-08-11, 10:37 PM
I AM! So there

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-11, 10:37 PM
Well, no one was baited by my nasty insults. And no one's doing anything because Xiua'Hi called off all conflict for a week. NOT waiting for Xiua'Hi to do whatever he's going to do would be a huge blunder.

And...who's Nerius? Nessius was reabsorbed into the oceans.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-11, 10:40 PM
What makes you think that?

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-11, 10:44 PM
"The waters had reached a consensus. They were not being honored properly. And so they reached through the planes into the Void found Nessius. And she became part of the waters again."

Innis Cabal
2008-08-11, 10:46 PM
Xiua made a point that he didnt care what the other gods did. He wont strike any of them down for going against the other gods. This is between Varr and him, not the others.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-11, 10:49 PM
It would be a blunder in the sense that the first god (on either side) to break the armistice would be beaten black and purple. Insomuch as we all know...Varr and company are still huddled up somewhere off in the Void where we can't see/hear anyway.

Rizban
2008-08-11, 10:56 PM
I'm one of the Invader gods, i'm actually allowed.

And it was refernce to the above.

I was responding to Nefarion, who said he peeked and is not and invader god.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-11, 10:57 PM
I never said I peeked and steadfastly deny any accusations of peeking as ridiculous liable.

Tarini
2008-08-11, 11:02 PM
hi. i'm interested in joining.

Rizban
2008-08-11, 11:09 PM
Then come up with a god concept per the rules on the first page and get it submitted. The sooner you do, the sooner you might be able to join in.

Tarini
2008-08-11, 11:11 PM
hows this
<#>Tarini, Catcher Of Dreams
Played By Tarini
(DR:6) Sorcerer 28
Symbol: A Crane
Home: The Void
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Domains: Dream, Good
Portfolio: Dreams
Favored Weapon: Crossbow
Combat: ummm
Brief Description: Tarini is the creator of dreams, she peers in at mortals in their sleep and decisively goes around giving metaphorical advice.

Rizban
2008-08-12, 12:16 AM
Well, I got some more homebrewed stuff transferred to the wiki and updated the index again.

http://loc.mornproductions.com/wikka.php?wakka=Index

Anything underlined in red needs to be created or updated, this includes 20+ entries for deities.

Draken
2008-08-12, 12:17 AM
Kind of a deity of prophecy, interesting. But I if you want to "create dreams" you should start by making The Dream (that optional plane form the back of the Planar Handbook), so it odesn't get confusing.

It will turn out funny to see that the mortals, up until now, didn't have dreams or nightmares (well, not while sleeping anyway). I am pretty sure such things have already been used, sparcelly. Whatever.

I would suggest some more backstory.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-12, 12:35 AM
While my dragons are possessed of free will. They have a natural predisposition towards evil. Evil is also easier. Some in the wild might choose something else. And even if raised in captivity they might still end up evil. In fact, if one tries to make them good they might end up repressing themselves and end up being psychotic.

Or not. But it's an amusing idea.

Also, it seems that we're going to have both alien and local dragons now. All you who accepted them probably ended up with the wrong kind too, what with that mine are free and all ^_^

Draken
2008-08-12, 12:43 AM
Actually dragons have racial memory, not an actual predisposition to evil. They just remember what their parents did, know, liked. And in the case of red dragons, for instance, they remember that virgin human(oid) maidens taste good.

And odd enough, they can tell the difference, that's one hell of a taste sense.

shadowxknight
2008-08-12, 12:45 AM
Weapon of Legacy posted in the homebrew thread.

First homebrew ever, so feel free to criticize.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-12, 12:57 AM
Well, it was my intent to make Dragons a bit different than the standard D&D fare. But I didn't know about the racial memory thing.

Also, we should see who has more titles, me or Xiua'Hi :P

edit: Oh hey. Turns out that most of those awesome descriptors of The Destroyer? They're not used in dialogue, so I can't really use them. Phooey.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-12, 01:21 AM
I don't believe dragons are born with much of a sense of history. But, they do come out of the egg with the reasoning capacity of adult humans (depending on color) and a set of instinctual skills bordering on the supernatural, but I don't think they can rattle off facts about thousand year old empires that their father might have known.

As for their alignment dispositions...well, they are pseudo-elemental magical creatures. And, owing to the elemental nature of Good/Evil, Law/Chaos in D&D, these things are just part of them like fire is a part of a Red. At least, that's standard D&D faire. We can do anything we like with our dragons.

Rizban
2008-08-12, 01:23 AM
Innis has also been doing some dream stuff lately, and he wrote up a dream plane in the homebrew thread. I think he may have staked a claim on the Dream domain.

Draken
2008-08-12, 01:30 AM
I think I am the true competitor with Xiua'hi in the title area.

Indeed. I was the first with many, many titles.

--------

Also, shadowknight. That' snot a weapon of legacy. It's just a normal magic weapon. Weapons of legacy are a bit more... Long. In description. Like two pages long.

Faithless
2008-08-12, 01:38 AM
Yeah. You need a ton of fluff for each ritual and a table with all your stats gained. Prerequisites. Penalties etc.

shadowxknight
2008-08-12, 02:00 AM
Oh.

Just googled Weapons of Legacy. The amount of stuff is insane :smalleek:
Bah, I'll make a major update tommorrow.

But I guess the backstory will still be short for now, since the legacy just started.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-12, 05:44 AM
i have been doing stuff with drreams, and thats what his sleep angle is partially about.

Somber Requiem
2008-08-12, 09:44 AM
Sigh. Sadly work and RL issues raise their ugly heads and I can't devote my time to this RP as I would have liked. If Innis or Faithless want to continue to play sombrius for the next month or so maybe I can return. Otherwise I'm going to have to say goodbye for now.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-12, 09:49 AM
Or you could leave them alone, and when you come back you'll have a massive amount of AP :P

Innis Cabal
2008-08-12, 12:13 PM
Sigh. Sadly work and RL issues raise their ugly heads and I can't devote my time to this RP as I would have liked. If Innis or Faithless want to continue to play sombrius for the next month or so maybe I can return. Otherwise I'm going to have to say goodbye for now.

Xiua will put her to sleep for a month

Faithless
2008-08-12, 12:43 PM
That sounds like you're putting her into a coma.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-12, 01:01 PM
/cough Sssh! The plan!

And Rizban, translate

And, dispite my wanting to go for Dreams, i'll throw my vote in for Tarini

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-12, 02:43 PM
Maybe Rizban likes leaving people in the dark too?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-12, 02:56 PM
Still nice to know what he said?

tsuuga
2008-08-12, 03:07 PM
Klik'chak's speaking in a conlang, you know... it is possible to figure out a lot of what he says based on what he's said before. Unfortunately, this example contains a lot of new vocabulary, and I lost the old file I had with some words worked out.

Here's what I've got:

What, you divine??? Varr mindhear. You ????? ????? ??? you not???. You findthe place Followers ????? Varr want. Soon Varr's family
"Kal, tak chikak Ssarr chak'sasej. Tak qhari ralak dre tak nk'tir. Tak la'dre luk. G'tok-dra qhari Ssarr ak. Dusdun g'Ssarr-tok

will dwell eternally in Riikano. speak not good place, power ??? you people . Xiua'hi knows that gods should not fight. Together ?????
draldeja Riikano. Dul n'chtik luk, kesej gythtik tak ta-g'tok. Kal Xiua'hi deschu chat'dul n'chak chiker. Kesej qhari

power want you notrest youthe You, Something-Varr - I something divine male
chi'ok ak tak n'dral takdre. Tak kak-Ssarr... ck...ck...ck... Ke nk'ral chikej."

You, Something-Varr - I not??? divine male
Tak kak-Ssarr... ck...ck...ck... Ke nk'ral chikej.

Vadin
2008-08-12, 03:10 PM
Daaaaang...tsuuga got skills.

Rizban
2008-08-12, 03:40 PM
Tsuuga got the gist of a lot of it.

Basically, Klik'chak just drew a line in the sand and said he's not impressed by Varr and his ilk. The reason there is no translation is because Varr and his kind have not encountered the language before and would have no way of discerning what it means, because Klik'chak did not use a divine sending to communicate directly with Varr (or Xiua'hi in this instance) as he does when speaking to gods of Playground. Unless you retcon in that he had Comprehend Languages cast prior to Klik'chak's arrival, Varr should hopefully be somewhat confused as to what was just said. If you demand that he understood it, then I'll provide a translation.

Edit: I meant to mention that there are a few sentences in that translation that are wrong, but a good portion of it is close. It actually might be interesting if that translation (or maybe one a little less understood) would be what Varr understood to be said. It would then send a mixed message, almost as if Klik'chak is both challenging him and inviting him to stay for as long as he wants, though neither one is entirely accurate.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-12, 04:28 PM
Tsuuga has leet software...or a serious dedication to cryptography.

tsuuga
2008-08-12, 04:37 PM
The second, plus a few tips from Rizban back in the day :smallwink:

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-12, 04:47 PM
...well, bummer. I thought you were about to point me to some super elite conlang generating software that I didn't know about.

Rizban
2008-08-12, 04:54 PM
The only help I gave him was confirming that he had a few words correct. I didn't help him with any actual translation. He's just really good at it.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-12, 05:43 PM
Tsuuga, that's scary awesome.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-12, 05:45 PM
I don't understand what's going on with that made up language at all :P

Also. Let's say I wanted to introduce the Psychic Warrior class. What sort of action would that take?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-12, 05:46 PM
Teach Populous

AgentPaper
2008-08-12, 06:21 PM
I'm also working on a language of sorts for my Haradar as well. I put in a few words from them earlier, but not since, since I want to make a more full set of words so it can be consistent. Maybe you can crack it later on, tsuuga, though I don't plan to make it easy. :smallwink:

alchemyprime
2008-08-12, 06:33 PM
Well, Tanner's gone. I had Xam punt him into the Great Void. He ain't coming back.

And now Xam is going into wise leader mode. He's going to become more Odin-like from here on out. Still kiddish, but now think "young Odin" not "kid trying to be Odin".

And yes. I plan for him to do something on par with taking his own arm, making it into a spear and tossing it through a another god.

Vadin
2008-08-12, 08:13 PM
:smalleek: :eek: :smalleek:

I did not see that coming.

Wow.

I have to know, though, even if it is irrelevant...was Tanner really going to betray us? Or is that giving away too much information about the gods' plans?

alchemyprime
2008-08-12, 09:17 PM
Tanner was going to do whatever he deemed nessacary to advance evolution.

whatever. Meaning he would slaughter every god if he thought it would further evolution.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-12, 09:38 PM
And the mind that is Xiua'hi is revealed icly!

Tarini
2008-08-12, 09:52 PM
so am i in???

Innis Cabal
2008-08-12, 09:53 PM
You need two more votes. I've given my go ahead but you need two more judges and Alch to say sure thing

Tarini
2008-08-12, 09:54 PM
k who else can vote

Innis Cabal
2008-08-12, 09:58 PM
Tsuuga, Tialait, Alchemy, Draken, Pyrefiend, oh and Faithless

Faithless
2008-08-12, 10:08 PM
psssh do I get no say in this?

I'll throw in a vote just to spite you Innis.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-12, 10:14 PM
Your....easy..to forget? I am tired, give me a break. I edited it so everyone knows where you stand :P

Faithless
2008-08-12, 10:20 PM
Get online too.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-12, 10:31 PM
I think I have writer's block. Maybe I should kick myself into writing something, close my eyes, and hit 'submit'.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-12, 10:31 PM
Do it! You know you want to

Moose Fisher
2008-08-12, 10:36 PM
But I'm so critical of myself! If I write something wrong, everything is RUINED!

RUINED I TELLS YOU!:smalltongue:

(ok, I'll just make something mundane)

Faithless
2008-08-12, 11:42 PM
*Cackle*

Evadize will take over the world. THE WORLD I TELL YOU.

AgentPaper
2008-08-13, 01:29 AM
Just punt something. Seems every god is punting something or another...

Also, who the hell is who in that sigtar? :smallconfused: I always thought that Innis' avatar was his god.

Only real one that seems obvious is Eul on the far left.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-13, 01:40 AM
I'll do it later... I was working on something and now I need sleep.

EDIT: *Cough*
http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s340/MooseFisher/Coberalfinal.png

Draken
2008-08-13, 01:50 AM
The sigtar:

In order:
Eul (dark serpent thing),
Kaern (big gray smiling thing),
Evadize (horned white haired guy),
Xam (wolf-headed, spider-eyed, grinning thing),
Enigma (burning halo, red eyed, light gray thing),
Xiua'Hi (moaning white-haired guy).

Moose Fisher
2008-08-13, 01:54 AM
On second thought, I'll post something up.

I'm also going to play as Marda once I set up her stats.

Ominous
2008-08-13, 03:14 AM
Also, who the hell is who in that sigtar? :smallconfused: I always thought that Innis' avatar was his god.

Innis' avatar is Dio. At least, that's what it states in his sig.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-13, 07:27 AM
Heya. A friend of mine is thinking of joining. Would our resident smithy type person be interested in making an artifact which helped transfer the suffering of the world into the person (in this case goddess) inside it? :P

I want to sort this out ahead of time in order to form a coherent story.

I'm asking before the application is in since they don't have an account yet, and I'd like them to be in before Thursday. Which is another reason I want to sort this out quickly :P

I'd be willing to pay the AP, naturally.

Shmee
2008-08-13, 09:13 AM
Hi everyone, I'm the friend that Xuincherguixe mentioned, and he got me interested in this game, so here is my deity's application, hope she gets accepted.

Name: Amalthea, Mistress of Mercy
Played by: Shmee
DR: (6)
Class: Lesser Deity, Cleric (20), Monk (8)
Symbol: A triangle, with 12 bloody chains interlocking at the top
Home: The Abyss (Temporarily)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Domain: Healing
Portfolio: Self-sacrifice
Favorite weapon: Unarmed
Combat: ( Xuincherguixe will help me with this later)

Brief Description: Appearance wise, Amalthea looks like a little girl of no more than 10 years old, dressed only in a dirty rag, her body is full of grievous wounds which do not heal. Through her wounds, comes her blood which she gives to her worshipers in order to accomplish her will.

Her objective, is to sooth all pains within the world, and in order to do that, she willingly accepts to take on the pain and suffering in order to achieve this. She believes that everyone who suffers should be soothed, regardless of alignment, though the extent of which she relieves someone of their pain and suffering varies. Her mercy can range from completely relieving the subject from their pain, to in the worst case a quick and painless death which in her opinion is also a form of mercy.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-13, 09:14 AM
Nice choice of Avatar incidentally.

tsuuga
2008-08-13, 10:42 AM
Amalthea gets my vote. Tarini, I like the idea of your god, but I'd like to see more than a sentence of description. Also, while it's OK to post with careless grammar/spelling/whatever in this thread (though it still gets to me :smallyuk:), we're holding ourselves to a higher standard in the IC thread.

Both proposed gods added to the first post (Because I'm sick of changing <br> to <br>). Let's try to get them through this process by Thursday, hey? :smallbiggrin:

Draken
2008-08-13, 11:14 AM
Yep, Amalthea gets my vote too.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 01:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dio_Brando

There ya go. New god gets my vote

Vadin
2008-08-13, 03:38 PM
That may be the fastest I have ever seen a god get approved.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 03:55 PM
Let's try to get them through this process by Thursday, hey?

And so we did yo. It just takes a good write up and an idea of what your going for.

Rizban
2008-08-13, 04:14 PM
I'm pretty sure Teera got voted and approved in a single afternoon.

Also, I'm wanting to change my favored weapon from Scimitar to Kopesh. Since it hasn't come up IC yet, I don't think it should be an issue.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 04:25 PM
A god can freely change his favored weapon, avatar, holy symbol, and dogma at any point. Just post it so Tsuuga can change it....because he's awsome

AgentPaper
2008-08-13, 04:36 PM
Hey Nefarion, any word on my avatar? I thought you said you were still working on it or something, making the city in the background and such. I like it now as well, but if you've got a updated version lying around, I'd like it. :smallwink:

Rizban
2008-08-13, 04:55 PM
Favored weapons aren't listed on the front page.
I've already changed it on the Wiki.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-13, 05:05 PM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1534/haras2bz9.png (http://imageshack.us)

Hmm...well, that's half right. I'm not happy with the color of the sky and I'm still adding detail to the big guy...tattoos are on the to-do list. Thumbprint whorls and all, right?

AgentPaper
2008-08-13, 05:14 PM
Woot, sweet, nice. Me likey. :smallbiggrin:

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 05:15 PM
Might want to put some flames on that /cough

Vadin
2008-08-13, 05:19 PM
Excellent work, Nefarion. Very good shading, quite a lot of detail without looking too busy...think you could maybe do one of Gliss's symbol?

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-13, 05:22 PM
Rizban's in the queue, Moose too I think...I got a little distracted with the end of the summer semester, but now I'm bored so I'll give it a shot. What do you want for Gliss?

Vadin
2008-08-13, 05:27 PM
http://www.clker.com/cliparts/8/6/f/b/1206576661733697671rygle_Sun_Outline.svg.thumb.png

A sun kind of like that, but yellow or orange, with the rays spaced out from the sun more (or at all), and the bottom half of the circle with a cheshire-cat(ish) style grin on it. Please?

Rizban
2008-08-13, 06:24 PM
Exceptional Craftsman: Items take 75% time, gp, XP cost
Extraordinary Craftsman (Requires previous feat, level 5): Items take 65% time, gp, XP cost
Legendary Craftsman (Requires previous feat, level 9): Items take 50% time, gp, XP cost

DaBull, may I assume these feats are based on the Artisan feats from the Eberron setting?

Exceptional Artisan - Any item creation feat - Reduce time for item creation by 25%
Extraordinary Artisan - Any item creation feat - Reduce gp cost for item creation by 25%
Legendary Artisan - Any item creation feat - Reduce XP cost for item creation by 25%
You can gain these feats multiple times. Their effects stack.

Exceptional Craftsman is all 3 of those feats combined into one and then further improved by the better versions of Exceptional Craftsman. That's pretty powerful.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 06:30 PM
I was to assume feats weren't under any AP rule, so their power isnt all that important. After all, they arnt any more powerful then say a reserve feat.

Rizban
2008-08-13, 06:34 PM
Alch said feats were taught 5 at a time via Teach Populous, unless they are class pre-reqs.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4681647&postcount=145
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4681704&postcount=148

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 06:35 PM
Alright, forgot that.

Power dosnt enter into it still. 5 feats is 5 feats

Vadin
2008-08-13, 06:42 PM
So those 3 feats are unbalanced, but the reduce 25% feats aren't, the reduce 25% feats that can be taken multiple times? I don't really think either one is broken, mostly because I don't usually see characters making items anyways, but how does the multiple times thing work? Does it go:

First time you take it, item costs 75%, then the next time, 50%, and the next, 25%?

Or is it: First time, 75%, then 75% of 75%, then 75% of that, etc.?

Also, I PMed alternate versions of the feats to DaBull that are a bit less powerful, but don't have the level requirements and instead just require the previous feat in the chain.

Rizban
2008-08-13, 07:10 PM
Actually, the Eberron setting doesn't say... which of the two ways to calculate it is the proper one...

However, as written, it takes 3 "Craftsman" feats to reduce time, XP cost, and gp cost to 50%.

It takes 6 "Artisan" feats to reduce time, XP cost, and gp cost to 50%. I suppose you could create free items if you used 12 feats, but that would be a very serious investment... You could do that as a human at level 30, but would you really want to?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 07:19 PM
Yay! Lossethir is going to smack Xiua'hi around

Vadin
2008-08-13, 07:33 PM
:smalltongue:

I suppose not. What about the alternate versions of the feats?

Exceptional Craftsman: Items take 90% time, gp, and XP cost to create
Extraordinary Craftsman (Requires Exceptional Craftsmen, Level 5): Items take 80% of the time and 80% gp and XP cost to create
Legendary Craftsman (Requires Extraordinary Craftsmen, Level 9): Items take 60% of the time and 75% gp and XP cost to create

These would be to replace the Eberron versions, of course, to prevent repeated feat usage. Some additional feats might be things like:

Item Affinity (Requires Legendary Craftsmen, Level 13): Choose an item creation feat (Forge Ring, Scribe Scroll, Craft Wondrous Items, etc.). When using the selected feat to craft items, reduce the cost to create it in gold and XP by an additional 10%.
Special: This feat may be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different item creation feat.

Item Focus (Requires Item Affinity, Level 17): Reduce the gold and xp cost to craft items that require the feat you selected for Item Affinity by an additional 15% and reduce the time required by an additional 10%.
Special: This feat may be taken multiple times, but each time it applies to a different item creation feat you chose for Item Affinity.

In the end, then, items end up costing half as much to create and take half as long to finish. That is, of course, after the character has taken 5 feats and is level 17. Balanced?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 07:36 PM
Balance of feats on a creation stand point really has no baring on the current game set up. They might be in the future, some things are still being ironed out so I cant bring em up, but at the moment, gods dont have feats, introduce the ones you want. When we get to the actual game play we can talk about balance.

And Hi Tia!

Lady Tialait
2008-08-13, 07:38 PM
Hmmm...the Artisan feats would have been a better choice, but the first feats look powerful at first, but when you really look at the playability of them..it's weak.

I don't mind them....

Oh, and here in a couple of hours...or sometime next week a buddy of mine is going to put out his application for god of Dragons..if people will slow on the dragon making he'd like to create SOME of them.

Rizban
2008-08-13, 07:39 PM
Innis, we're talking balance from the perspective of the final supplement writeup for when people actually use this as a campaign setting for a normal game.

We're well aware that gods don't need feats or materials or anything to make an item.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 07:41 PM
I'd suggest waiting for the final game balance issues, as...we arn't even clsoe to thinking about them. Its a moot point anyway, they arnt unbalanced.

Vadin
2008-08-13, 07:46 PM
Yes, yes, quite. *twiddles ornate mustache and looks through monocle*

I say, old chap, here here!

In other news (what was that all about anyways? English and upper-class? What?), a glass desert would be so cool. Terribly hazardous for everyone without metal shoes (and...skin), but seriously cool.

Rizban
2008-08-13, 07:48 PM
So... you're forbidding us to speak of it? Seriously, I don't see the problem with discussing issues as they come up as opposed to waiting until it's all over. As for "they arnt unbalanced," can you please show how this is so? I brought up fairly standard feats in comparison to the proposed feats, and I'd personally like to see some sort of example or explanation of how the new ones are balanced rather than just a blatant statement that they are.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 07:51 PM
The word forbid was hardly even entered into the debate, i suggested it, merely because there are better things to do in week...what 7 almost 8...to debate about. When it gets to be 233k 30 then i can understand that, now is to early. And they arnt unbalanced, no more unbalanced then reserve feats. If a god wanted to introduce them thats his deal.

All i'm saying is, from a balance perspective they weren't to begin with. 17 levels and all you do is craft?

Rizban
2008-08-13, 08:32 PM
It's never too early to begin working on it. That's why we setup the wiki in the first place.

Also, we don't have much else to talk about from the IC thread, since someone made everything more or less grind to a complete halt this week...

My thoughts about this week can be summed up in "NOOOO!!! I wanted to kill Tanner!"

AgentPaper
2008-08-13, 08:38 PM
Hmm, maybe I should glass the desert around Haradar as a defensive measure. I would assume that to be a mold land.

Best part, riz can't tell me it's warping the desert, because his own minions have already done it on a somewhat smaller scale.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 08:39 PM
Ya it would be a mold land. Or a pestilance...your choice.

Lady Tialait
2008-08-13, 08:40 PM
>.> What? Eli has been working with glass for a while. Fiona is just wanting to mess with peaple's head...Glass Dessert...mmm

AgentPaper
2008-08-13, 08:46 PM
Pestilence if an enemy army was there at the time, which is probably when I would do it, so...

Also, tia, what do you have against desserts? :smalleek: Do you really have to point your wrath at my ice cream sundaes? They tend to melt. :smalltongue:

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 09:04 PM
No one said...stop...attacking the invader gods. Its not like anyone has to listen to another god.

Rizban
2008-08-13, 09:18 PM
Best part, riz can't tell me it's warping the desert, because his own minions have already done it on a somewhat smaller scale.

They have? Since when?

tsuuga
2008-08-13, 09:31 PM
ENIGMA MAKES MILKSHAKES!

On a side note, Longlimb takes credit for everyone taking the week off! :smallbiggrin:

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 09:33 PM
I think everyone is a dirty coward save for Nefarion, Faithless, and Frigs. Throwing that out there.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-13, 09:37 PM
Longlimb's multiple encounters were interesting and fun to read...and took a lot of work on Tsuuga's part, and that effort is appreciated.

I presume all of the other invading gods are sitting around drinking tea this week.

Tension builds...tension builds...herald comes! oh no!...Varr is here!...Xiua'Hi calls time out. Not even the Destroyer is twitchy or stupid enough to throw the first blow during an armistace.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 09:42 PM
In one weeks time. You and I shall duel. We shall settle the future upon that. Should i win. You all shall return home. You win...well, i shall be dead. Are these terms acceptable?"

Thats what he said. He didnt think they would agree, he didnt think anyone else would agree. He's stunned, frankly, so am I :P

Moose Fisher
2008-08-13, 09:49 PM
Marda stirs.

Coberal would have come to her father's side, but since I was gone, we'll assume she was busy working.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-13, 09:52 PM
And Lossethir thinks it was foolish to even offer them a respite, instead of dueling then and there. Time can only benefit the invading gods - they get spare time to plot and scheme while the Playground gods are almost left sitting on their hands...or fruitlessly screaming insults into the Void. So now, just short of a week later, he's showing up to make sure Varr and Xiua'Hi DO fight.

Of course, he's smart enough to know what Varr won't retreat if he loses. He just wants that fact exposed so that the other gods will rally together and get to smiting already!

Of course...it's not to say that I (and others) haven't been scheming in the downtime, we have, it's just incredibly hard to pull off anything tricky in a PvP situation. Making a Bluff check vs. a couple of ogres is easy...better yet, a player comes up with something so brilliant that it just has to work. Luring a PC into a trap, however, is sticky business.

Rizban
2008-08-13, 09:55 PM
Klik'chak showed up to fight Varr while you were talking to him, but he wasn't particularly impressed by Varr's current form. He figured that since none of the gods had actually done anything yet at that point except talk and hang out in the Void, he wasn't going to expend the energy to do anything about it.

I planned to say dispatched a group to scout out the new portal, though I forgot to type it up.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 09:55 PM
Tere was no mention of him saying no one else could interfere. He even said all he was doing was balancing the situation. It was a stall. Where in the 9 hells was the War pantheon save for Loss? There was a whole day before anyone did anything when they just ripped through the void.

Rizban
2008-08-13, 10:12 PM
The "war" pantheon as you put it isn't exactly such. It's more of a police force.

While Klik'chak is personally xenophobic, he's agreed to the tenants of the pantheon to protect Playground from permanent harm. Simply visiting isn't a "crime" which warrants immediate retribution. He has, however, prepared and sent forth his mortal followers to do battle with any alien mortals who come through the portal.

Teera is hanging out in Amensi for the moment meditating to center herself or something, knowing that she isn't strong enough to fight the invaders alone and waiting to lend support to any who do.

Coberal is back in the Godforge churning out weaponry.

I'm not sure what Kaern and Cliktith are up to.

Also, while Varr didn't understand what was said, Klik'chak was threatening Varr, saying essentially that if Varr pulled anything, he would send Varr straight to 'hell' for all eternity.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 10:15 PM
The "war" pantheon as you put it isn't exactly such. It's more of a police force.

While Klik'chak is personally xenophobic, he's agreed to the tenants of the pantheon to protect Playground from permanent harm. Simply visiting isn't a "crime" which warrants immediate retribution. He has, however, prepared and sent forth his mortal followers to do battle with any alien mortals who come through the portal.

Also, while Varr didn't understand what was said, Klik'chak was threatening Varr, saying essentially that if Varr pulled anything, he would send Varr straight to 'hell' for all eternity.

Visiting isnt a crime, but visting with the intent to dominate, slaughter and murder is. Not a criticism, but....everyone sorta knew he wasnt comming to play hop-stoch. It was more a surprise...Come on people not every post I make is meant to be mean.

alchemyprime
2008-08-13, 10:17 PM
Here's what i said on feats:

Don't assume mortals are idiots. They'd figure almost everything eventually.

But if you want to give them feats from above, gifts from the gods, do 5 feats to an AP usage.

So if I show Althonar using a metamagic feat, oh well. He's a smart halfling. He's the only freaking archmage we got right now. But if I wanted to have, say, clerics of Xam use a certain set of feats, I could put out 5 feats with 1 AP.

Just saying.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-13, 10:22 PM
"May the Cloudtool of my Father serve you well. I would be loathe to inherit it on this day."

Possibly the nicest way anyone has ever said, "Don't suck and die!"

Rizban
2008-08-13, 10:25 PM
Visiting isnt a crime, but visting with the intent to dominate, slaughter and murder is. Not a criticism, but....everyone sorta knew he wasnt comming to play hop-stoch. It was more a surprise...Come on people not every post I make is meant to be mean.

True, but Klik'chak is still extremely Lawful. He won't act based on mere intent, especially when the "intent" is just what someone else has said it was. He certainly won't act against someone on mere hearsay.

Alch, I think that's the best way to do it. I do think an AP action is good though, as it allows a player to actually use Teach Populous to actually do something semi-mechanical. True, we may be able to add feats for free via RPing, but there are some who would like to use some of the AP actions and be able to add things with them.

Anyway, I'm just agreeing with you and rambling about why I'm agreeing. I'll shut up now.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 10:25 PM
Hahahaha, its who ever wants it when this is over.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-13, 10:37 PM
Roleplaying: When you know something's stupid and so does your character, but you do it anyway, because it shouldn't happen otherwise.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 10:41 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/Tebryn_Cabal/poster38460969.jpg

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-13, 10:44 PM
...sooo not helping.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 10:45 PM
Sorry...i tried?

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-13, 10:52 PM
Gain Domain: Cajones

Moose Fisher
2008-08-13, 10:58 PM
Technically Coberal was offering support to Xiua'Hi, but the posts with him equipping Lossethir got in the way.

Anyway, would Lossethir (or whoever is dueling Varr) like one more tool made?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 10:59 PM
I sure would!

Moose Fisher
2008-08-13, 11:00 PM
Ask, and you shall receive.

Better be quick, Varr is coming!:smalltongue:

Innis Cabal
2008-08-13, 11:01 PM
Asked :P, yay

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-13, 11:05 PM
Oh um...meee, I've got an AP for you too. Whip me up a Belt o' Strength ala Thor and I'll pay you back later.

Draken
2008-08-13, 11:08 PM
Rawr.

Behold the horrid grandiosity of the consuming shadow.

alchemyprime
2008-08-13, 11:27 PM
Dream god is in.

Faithless
2008-08-13, 11:29 PM
Awesome avatar moose

AgentPaper
2008-08-13, 11:35 PM
They have? Since when?

Damnit. I'm probably remembering some other deity. SOMEONE was making a huge city of glass in the desert, somewhere.

Rizban
2008-08-13, 11:38 PM
Damnit. I'm probably remembering some other deity. SOMEONE was making a huge city of glass in the desert, somewhere.

Elimanishon. Sunfire Hearth.

Faithless
2008-08-13, 11:38 PM
Destroyer. I remember

AgentPaper
2008-08-13, 11:46 PM
Ah well. Fine. Send your anty minions. I will laugh as their pointy feet clack and slip on the smooth glass for millennia as they try to reach Haradi. Then I will shoot them with the lasers I will have invented by then! :smallbiggrin:

Rizban
2008-08-13, 11:48 PM
I don't have anty minions. I have dwarves, elves, halflings, and well, everything else... almost. I don't have any dragons... yet.

Not to mention that glass isn't that difficult to break.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-13, 11:49 PM
I wonder how insulted the Chosen of Sand would be if they were called the Cult of Sand.

How big has the Anthill gotten at this time?

Rizban
2008-08-14, 12:01 AM
I wonder how insulted the Chosen of Sand would be if they were called the Cult of Sand.

How big has the Anthill gotten at this time?
Probably not at all. Well, a few paladins might be. The rest either don't care enough or figure whoever is calling them a cult is just too ignorant to know the difference.

I'm pretty sure it's the size of a small to medium city by now.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-14, 06:32 AM
Nah, I just had a person make a single glass house, and then smashed it while they were inside.

edit: Epic post is epic!

When AP refreshes, I'll commission a nice scary artifact.

Tarini
2008-08-14, 11:02 AM
Dream god is in.

coolz. ill go post.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-14, 11:07 AM
I know we don't get AP till later today, but can new players act before then?

Tarini
2008-08-14, 11:21 AM
xuincher guy wanna create me

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-14, 11:21 AM
I don't think Destruction applies to the space time continuum, so I don't think I can go back in time and make you.

As far as making things. Amalthea was something of an unusual exception. Most of the things I bring into existence are vicious and evil things. Even in this case, it's a pretty dark concept.

So, chances are unless you're very scary and dangerous, probably not :P

tsuuga
2008-08-14, 11:30 AM
I know we don't get AP till later today, but can new players act before then?

Yes. New players can act as soon as they're created. Traditionally, this is on Thursday, at some point before rollover.

Also, looks like I've got some catching up to do... Oh, and Kaern is chilling in the fortress on the plane of fire. Deity of Endurance. He's not about casting the first stone.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-14, 11:49 AM
Yeah. I'd like to think of myself as throwing the first stone, which is so big it's also the LAST stone.

One of my plans was that the moment Varr showed up I'd attack him right out of the blue :P But I went with another, better one.

Also, I might be confused. I was assuming everyone was in the same location for the fight about to happen. If not, I'll have to edit my posts.

Vadin
2008-08-14, 02:39 PM
I think everyone is a dirty coward save for Nefarion, Faithless, and Frigs. Throwing that out there.

Because some of us totally haven't been getting a nice varied army ready since forever. And we definitely haven't made plans to join in the assault when Varr's real army on the material plane shows up :smalltongue:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-14, 02:40 PM
I've always been confused, at exactly what time is AP rollover?

tsuuga
2008-08-14, 02:46 PM
21:00 PST, which is 18:00 EST, or 13:00 GMT; in other words, about 5 hours and 10 minutes from the time I posted this =P

Vadin
2008-08-14, 02:52 PM
...Seriously? 9:00? Ugh...that's so long! Oh well...

As it seems like it will soon be very, very relevant...

Did we ever finalize the rules on mortal armies fighting?

Faithless
2008-08-14, 03:02 PM
How about just 2d6+1 per how many nourish populaces they have. -1 for every Pestilence the have.

I don't think we should even bring classes into that mix. In theory a level 18 wizard should be the same effectivness as a level 18 fighter but we know that isnt true.

alchemyprime
2008-08-14, 03:04 PM
Um...

just make it cool.

And talk to the guy who's other army you're fighting. Find some way to resolve it.

I know how Xam's church would do things.

They'd pull a Ben Jonson. "We sound out our best guy, you send out your best guy, they fight, the living guy's team wins, we both go home! That cool with you?"

Man I love that man. What other poet single-handedly beat a man to death to win a war for Britain? None I know of. And if you do, tell me. I'd like to know.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-14, 03:24 PM
Lossethir just spelled out, in detail, the terms of the duel...for the benefit of everyone who either was not present at the original challenge, or who might not be clear on the rules of honorable combat...also to viciously insult Varr and Longlimb...

I'm afraid I have plans this evening (friend is coming in to town), so I'll be unable to post until sometime after midnight (central time). But, if Alch is around that late, I believe the fun can begin. At least Friday evening will be eventful.

Heads up: I'm spending AP to gain a Hatred DCM (Varr's Kin, or simply Evil if the former is ruled as too broad) at rollover. This should be kosher since other people have been allowed to spend points on Evolution and such while out of town etc.

Faithless
2008-08-14, 03:27 PM
I'm not I understand the terms of the duel. Are you dueling Varr as well?

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-14, 03:31 PM
"As well"? ...who did you think Lossethir was about to duel?

alchemyprime
2008-08-14, 03:35 PM
Xiua'Hi is sending Lossethir in his stead.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-14, 03:48 PM
Oh, laying claim to the Strength Domain now (1 action - Created Belt o' Strength with Coberal (CR artifact))

Faithless
2008-08-14, 03:52 PM
I thought it was Xiua and Varr one on one.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-14, 03:57 PM
It was, but apparently Xiua swapped out.

Faithless
2008-08-14, 04:12 PM
Nefarion you sure you want to do this? If I fight Varr I have a huge chance of beating him.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-14, 04:15 PM
Loss asked to go first.

Second, people...Xiua left the Void....Eul, Enigma, Xiua...not in the Void. They are in the shadow of the playground.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-14, 04:17 PM
Thank you. Deleting my previous post then.

alchemyprime
2008-08-14, 04:18 PM
Yeah.

Okay. Warrior class grnated DCMs can't give {A} abilities now. Sorry, but my Warlord arguement didn't hold up. It has to be one of the other 4 abilities when a warrior chooses bonus DCMs.

Vadin
2008-08-14, 04:23 PM
Loss asked to go first.

Second, people...Xiua left the Void....Eul, Enigma, Xiua...not in the Void. They are in the shadow of the playground.

Awesome. Also, a cookie if you can correctly identify all the classes the Gliss named. Bonus points if you include a description as Gliss would think of them :smallwink:

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-14, 04:46 PM
Nefarion you sure you want to do this? If I fight Varr I have a huge chance of beating him.

It would be uncharacteristic and strain credibility for Lossethir to step aside to a 2nd subsitution.

Loss knows that the odds aren't in his favor. But, he's rather assured that he won't be killed...if he is then Varr's broken the terms of the duel and would probably have to fend off 5 or more really pissed off gods at once. If he's wounded, he'll recover, but he'll still have the esteem and honor of being the first to face Varr. If he wins...then he gains so much, and it's a huge morale loss to Varr's side.

EDIT: Since there are agreed upon terms to this duel...does the victor still get to choose and injury (as outlined on the first page)? Since it's an honorable duel, it seems silly for the victor to 'steal an artifact' or some such.

Vadin
2008-08-14, 05:15 PM
Maybe not steal an artifact, but it would be fairly fitting to beat him, and then, now that he's so shamed, cause him to lose a DR (and, RPwise, lock him into his current form...purely flavor, but very, very embarassing for the 'I AM WAR INCARNATE' god).

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-14, 05:27 PM
Worse would be ripping out his War Portfolio...but again, this is combat between 'gentlemen', so that doesn't seem appropriate either.

Lossethir - Combat Overview

DR (6): +6
BAB (16): +3.2
Aid CM: +3 defending
Hatred CM: +4 (Will be gaining these tonight, my 5 AP + 1 granted from the Pantheon's pool)
Spellcasting: +10 for one round
Artifacts: +1.5

Total Defending CR: +17.7

Vadin
2008-08-14, 05:46 PM
And that's higher than your attacking modifier, ci?

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-14, 05:48 PM
I believe my Striker levels only aid me in the first round of combat with a +4 bonus. Much better odds to take the +3 from my Aid abilities over 2-3 rounds.

Edit: After reading the Striker description again, it looks like they get to apply 1/2 their levels to their CR for the entire combat. Hmmm...tough call.

Edit edit: After re-reading the description....I have no idea.

Faithless
2008-08-14, 06:13 PM
It's first round. and thats total defending cr for one round. Varr does higher than that in every round :smalleek:

Vadin
2008-08-14, 06:32 PM
But Lossethir doesn't know that. Lossethir just knows:

"SNEAK ATTACK!"

Halfling rogue style.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-14, 06:40 PM
Sneak Attack. It never fails. Except when it does.

Vadin
2008-08-14, 07:51 PM
10 minutes until AP turnover...

(I get 3 this week! :smallbiggrin:)

tsuuga
2008-08-14, 07:59 PM
AP turnover is go.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-14, 08:05 PM
Recap?: Eul, Xiua'Hi, Enigma - in the Shadow Plane

Klik'chak, Screamingheadsguy, Gwyn, Destroyer Gliss, Coberal, Albatrix - in the Void and battlefield adjacent

Lossethir and Varr - doing the macerena

Moose Fisher
2008-08-14, 08:08 PM
Maybe we should all assume that we moved to the Void. I mean, do Eul, Xiua'Hi, and Enigma really want to miss out of the action?

And a portion of Coberal's cold, lawful side is revealed.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-14, 08:09 PM
Yes, they are busy. They are still in the Shadow untill they say they move.

Speaking of which, Intermedite God is live.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-14, 08:10 PM
Your hammer should have 1 charge left for this week. You made Lossethir's belt before AP Recharge O'Clock and Klik'chak's sword after.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-14, 08:13 PM
Your hammer should have 1 charge left for this week. You made Lossethir's belt before AP Recharge O'Clock and Klik'chak's sword after.

I guess that means one less artifact that will be made. We'll also assumed she moved into the Void.

Ok, as a note, Faithless asked for an artifact a while back.

Draken
2008-08-14, 08:36 PM
Actually Eul is in the void.

As explained by him talking to the yugoloth, but right now, that really did not matter.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-14, 08:42 PM
... Dang it, Holocaust is going to be the name of my bad ass axe. *shakes fist at Eul* Seems the Yugoloths continue to mock me.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-14, 08:47 PM
Vadin you need to get the portfolio before the domain. Unless i missed it your missing 2 AP

Draken
2008-08-14, 09:01 PM
There are a total of six baernoloths, Holocaust, Hecatomb, Herr'ec, Bane, Blasphem and Bile.

There are always these six, even if one were to be vanquished, they are not bound to any plane, so they would just reform at plane other than the one they were destroyed.

So no taking their names. :smalltongue: (Ok, you can take the name, not that important really)

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-14, 09:11 PM
But if you do, Holocaust will hunt you down and destroy your axe.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-14, 09:18 PM
So... if I trap him for eternity instead of killing him it's all okay? Good to know!

Lady Tialait
2008-08-14, 09:19 PM
Heh, Enigma just stored his Divine Power in the Burning Void, so, if he dies here in a little bit, there will be power there to Defend the world.

Enigma Burns!

AgentPaper
2008-08-14, 09:23 PM
Haras is in Haradar, and isn't gunna budge if the rest of the gods start having a wild ice cream social.

That's what you kids do these days, right?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-14, 09:24 PM
I don't think he has a choice Agentpaper....he wont be all alone for to much longer.

tsuuga
2008-08-14, 09:28 PM
By the way, Mr. Intermediate God... you win the prize! Tell him what he's won, Bob!

"Well, Kyle, you've won the opportunity to calculate your own damn CR! That's right, your table-breaking multiclassing ways have made the guy who maintains the table have a nervous breakdown!"

Haras is in Haradar, and isn't gunna budge if the rest of the gods start having a wild ice cream social.

That's what you kids do these days, right?

With blackjack and hookers, even.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-14, 09:28 PM
Hahaha! Yay! Post it in a little while

AgentPaper
2008-08-14, 09:35 PM
Well of course by ice cream I meant blackjack and by social I meant hookers. Know what? Screw the ice cream, I'll just take the social.

In soviet Haradi, social pay you!

Draken
2008-08-14, 09:39 PM
I dunno why, but I think Eul would want to eat Trandel's soul now.

Oh, who am I kidding, he wants to eat your soul all the time. My next domain will be hunger.

-----

Say, I have a cheesy question.

I am a cleric, I can cast Divine Power. Can I use it to bring my BAB up to +30?

*create concept: Munchkinery*

AgentPaper
2008-08-14, 09:42 PM
Create Concept: Magical Backlash

Magical backlash! Your landmass explodes with kittens.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-14, 09:43 PM
No....gods have spoken

AgentPaper
2008-08-14, 10:15 PM
What the hell is going on under haradi anyways? I hope you realize that if something was going to get close to the haradar, above or below ground, I would have flicked on the Aegis to keep it out. It's really hard to tell what's going on from the IC posts though. I'd like to know what the hell is going on, at least to the extent that Haras would know. :smallwink:

Innis Cabal
2008-08-14, 10:16 PM
Something is comming from above the city and another from below. The Chains are actually linked from the sky.

Also remember, the Avatar is a god, so it can get through.

AgentPaper
2008-08-14, 10:21 PM
Ah. Well, I should at least know what the hell it's doing then. Or I guess I just know there's something down there and its gunna attack. Assuming I go down to investigate, what happens?

tsuuga
2008-08-14, 10:24 PM
I am a cleric, I can cast Divine Power. Can I use it to bring my BAB up to +30?

Yknow... I could swear you already had divine power, being a god and all - and everyone knows like effects don't stack! Har!

Edit: Ok, most people know. Except for Dodge bonuses. CURSE YOU RULES.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-14, 10:24 PM
You get attacked by an angry chain hound avatar and a horde of DEmodands and Neogi and Umber Hulks and skinless undead

AgentPaper
2008-08-14, 10:31 PM
Well, then I use my cleric levels to rebuke the undead, so I control them, or at least get in a battle with whoever controls them over their minds. I try to create dissent, killing things until the undead all die or I loose control of them, then head back up. If another god appears I flee, unless it seems the god is significantly weaker than me. (which is unlikely) We can post an IC of this later, eh?

One question, my main concern, is are they in a position to come up into the city from below the ground? Like, bypassing the walls? Less important, but still important, is what is the makeup of their forces? Like amounts of various things. Before and after I tried to cause trouble, of course.

Also, what the heck are demodands and neogi?

Draken
2008-08-14, 10:32 PM
Wait, wait, wait.

Undead?

He is stealing my stuff?

Prepare yourself Luffen. The legions of the Deadland march in unhallowed crusade!

By the way, I think I will turn the colective of the six baernoloths into a single 'deity' of demigod status... Then do something like that for the devils. Yup, yup.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-14, 10:33 PM
Thats the general idea ya. No sense in tunneling underground to hit walls and fortifications. And sadly...the Avatar...i really cant reveal to much.

As for forces, mostly Neogi

And yes, they actually can control over undead, and not that it matters to a god but have turn resistance. They are in the FF

Moose Fisher
2008-08-14, 10:37 PM
I need a list of ash-like monsters for Marda to make.

Does anyone have a request for what she should write on the sun?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-14, 10:40 PM
We give up.

AgentPaper
2008-08-14, 10:43 PM
Varr and longlimb sittin in a tree...

tsuuga
2008-08-14, 10:48 PM
B U R N I N G
Enigma burns!

AgentPaper
2008-08-14, 10:58 PM
You know they make out. They don't come from our world, so they don't have the same set of cultural beliefs that we do, such as male/female relationships. Which obviously makes all of them all gay all the time. :smallbiggrin:

Rizban
2008-08-14, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Lossethir had dibs on the air domain, being Ramus' son and all. After he finishes with Varr, he's going to be very, very upset with Gliss.

tsuuga
2008-08-14, 11:19 PM
He should have worked harder, then :smallbiggrin:. Besides, claiming domains isn't exclusive.

Rizban
2008-08-14, 11:38 PM
Also, yay to Alch! He says the god idea Tia and I have been discussing is a go!

Expect a new deity from us very soon.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-14, 11:52 PM
Domains can be contested now, so Lossethir can still take air.
While Gliss is the summer's breeze, Lossethir will be the winter's gusts.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-14, 11:54 PM
HE still needs to buy the portfolio element first

Rizban
2008-08-15, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I was about to say that.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 01:31 AM
I'm okay with sharing the Air Domain, it's a popular one with finished pantheons. I'll take the Air or Wind portfolio and Gliss can have Sky. I'll post in the IC thread...as soon as I sober up a bit more.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-15, 09:53 AM
So I'm a bit confused. If L here loses the duel, what is it that she's not supposed to do? Or is this a case of that Varr is "so confident of his victory" that she doesn't have to give up anything?

Not that I suspect any of us except him to live up to his word.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-15, 12:24 PM
A) Loss's a guy.
B) Loss, take the Storm portfolio. So more you.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 12:37 PM
Storm domain is taken, at the moment. And Luffen has storm Domain.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-15, 12:55 PM
Hey, it's hard to keep track of all this stuff :P

AgentPaper
2008-08-15, 01:04 PM
Hmm, I should roleplay Haras as thinking that lossethir is actually a woman.

Not that I would come on to "her", of course, that's not something Haras really does. But I would always call "her" a she and such, so it would be mocking.

Now I just have to find some reason that the two would actually ever meet.

tsuuga
2008-08-15, 01:13 PM
I would like to remind folks of three things:

The DCMs granted by Warrior levels cannot now include {A} abilities; I don't think this is an issue for anyone except me (>_>), but if it is, update your god
{H} abilities are supposed to be specific. Remember, the examples given were Fire and Undead. Alignments are not valid hatreds.
Update the wiki. Your god's entry is your responsibility. If you don't have a wiki account yet, apply for one and PM Rizban. Stuff with red underlines here (http://loc.mornproductions.com/wikka.php?wakka=Index) needs to be updated. If you've made something and it's not on that list, you should really add it to the wiki.

Shmee
2008-08-15, 02:49 PM
Hi guys, first of all, thanks for letting me participate in this, I hope that I can add abit to this game.

I have a question, which I was discussing with Xuincherguixe. I want my deity to promote a mortal into an avatar. Now this avatar will have his own mind and soul, but will have a link to the deity. In other words, he will have his own free will, yet will act as an avatar. Is this possible according to the rules? (I've got some nice ideas which I want to try out with this concept)

Another question is that if it is possible for me to do so, is the mortal turned avatar affected by the rules for mortals? (The whole 9 levels a year thing) or is he considered as a pure avatar?

Also, I will work on the wiki once my deity is established.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-15, 02:53 PM
I have also been considering the same thing.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 02:57 PM
1. Dwarves dinna hav' beards! (Refering to the latest IC posts) (Hairy Dwarves Subrace and writeup on Frost Hold (not simply Frost...that's just no name for a city) coming to the wiki soon...)

2. My choice of a Hatred DCM seems in line with existing choices ("Hates Stagnation - anyone not activly changing things", "Hates anyone doing harm to nature"). But, if 'Alien Gods' is too broad, which I already gave consideration for, then I can narrow that down to "Varr's Kin" (which excludes Strobe Light, Oozy and Screamingheadsguy). And if that is still too broad...then I pick "Deities with 3 or more arms" or possibly just "Deities who dual wield"

3. Just because Lossethir wears a pretty fur coat (IN COMBAT!) doesn't make him girly! He's like Santa Claus with a mean streak and a BIG freakin' spear!

tsuuga
2008-08-15, 03:21 PM
Making a mortal into your avatar is A-OK. They're not limited by the normal limits for mortals. Turning a mortal into your avatar is, ultimately, a flavor consideration anyway =P

Nefarion, your Hatred of Alien Gods is OK with me - although, please note that Purgameth is not an alien god :smallwink:. I was talking more about Hatred: Law, which I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere. Taking 1/3 of deities as targets of a Hatred is not OK. Think a level of broadness similar to a Favored Enemy. Hatreds, by the way, should also be non-debateable- It should be pretty obvious whether it applies or not. I'm not a big fan of Hatred: Stagnation, for instance; because it is fairly subjective and entirely controllable. I mean... say you wanted to fight the god of Elves. You make all elves in an area sprout tentacles. The god of elves is annoyed by this, and undoes it. Presto! Now he's an agent of stagnation!

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 03:27 PM
"Do not walk on grass...so help you if you walk on the grass"

I'm so disapointed that no one's enjoyed my Air Force One reference yet...Harrison Ford, eat your heart out.

Edit to conserve oh-so valuable space: Unless I'm totally mistaken...I believe I just jacked up Varr in Round 1. So, I get a free use of Mold Land, right?

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-15, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I've been wondering about that myself a bit. Bit hard to think of anything else though.

Maybe I'll replace it with a combat ability or something.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 04:13 PM
Yes, you do in fact get 1 ap for Mold Land.

Round 2- Heaven or Hell! Lets Rock!

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 04:35 PM
Varr is like...enormous...in his current 4-armed form, right?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 04:40 PM
Kilk is the four armed guy, i don't think you've been given a discription for Varr..i had one but the server thing wiped my messages.

Faithless
2008-08-15, 04:44 PM
I believe Varr has 6 arms.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 04:46 PM
Booya:

And out of the tear came a creature twice the size of Moko's true form, the height of one hundred Xams. And it had four legs, arranged around a central point. Above these legs was a waist that went to a body made of two fronts, with six arms. And in the top two arms and the bottom two arms he weilded two falchions, as long as eighty times Xam is tall. And on his remaining arms he had strapped two large steel sheilds. And he wore two large steel breast plates, and his head was made of four faces below a mane of red hair. And he breathed out smoke and his flesh was made of ash covered steel and his eyes burned with fire and his voice sounded like a thousand soldiers cheering and fighting.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-15, 05:40 PM
I though Varr is sticking to his Playground form.

And if Lossethir does not Mold Land to create an arena of ice and icicle stalagmites, I will be sad and disappointed. (Goes to read the IC thread)

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 05:44 PM
Icy creations are coming. For now, a bit of land that reminds me of Abilene Texas (seriously...the soil is lousy and smells like blood)

Rizban
2008-08-15, 05:54 PM
You do realize I'm from that general area of Texas, right?

Also, scrublands like that are technically considered a type of desert, so... thanks. :smallwink:

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 05:57 PM
Totally. Up next? Owls that live in holes in the ground! *twilight zone music*

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-15, 07:16 PM
Oooh, burrowing owls are teh cutezorz!!

Edit: I'm never ever saying that again.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 07:18 PM
No, no your not