PDA

View Full Version : Lords of Creation, Thread 3

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-15, 07:22 PM
Just for the record, I shouldn't be doing the alliteration (I'm on the Brink of a Burning Blast!) or the rhyming (fiesty icy son...) much longer, only for the fight scene.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-15, 07:48 PM
Quick! Use Hyper Beam Loss!

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 07:50 PM
HADOKEN!

Yeah, Varr just got Time Stopped/Meteor Swarmed...and possibly lost an eye, depending on how Alch wants to play that out. I like souvenirs.

Oh...I am NOT briny! I mean...technically yes, born from the sea...but I'm FRESH watery-y!

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 07:51 PM
Haha! WEALTH AND GLORY TO THE WINNER!

Good job Loss, you get a home plane made just for you.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 07:53 PM
...seriously? I get a prize? I wanted to make a home plane anyway ^_^ so this is good news!

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 07:55 PM
Yep, if Loss won Xiua wasnt just going to pat him on the back. Any favor of up to 6 ap Loss can ask for.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-15, 07:56 PM
Now i need to make up a victory rhyme! And then next week I'll gain the Poetry Portfolio, and then the Emo Domain!

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 07:57 PM
Woohoo! Bravery (stupidity) has its rewards!

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 07:59 PM
Like i said, wealth and glory to the winner. We'll see if he leaves like he said he would.

alchemyprime
2008-08-15, 08:06 PM
He will. But he wants to talk to Xiua'Hi first.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 08:08 PM
posted :P, also Nefarion, the cloudtool's yours...for now

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 08:18 PM
Can my reward be the Strength Domain and Portfolio? (Actions: Belt o' Strength, gained two DCMs...uh...whooped up on Varr?)

Maybe the Strength Portolio...I'm looking for something else that might be more fitting, but would grant access to the Strength Domain.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 08:18 PM
Potfolio: Personal combat
Domain: Strength

And all you have to do is ask

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 08:31 PM
Hmm...Dueling, Gladiators, Valor or Victory

Help me decided, guys! I'm leaning towards Victory right now...

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 08:32 PM
Vote for Victory

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-15, 08:41 PM
Recklessness.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 08:46 PM
I like Victory! Recklessness...nah. Risky, sure! But Lossethir A) Stalled the duel until he could receive some sneaky aid from Kilk'chak and B) Baited Varr into charging him so he could use his superior defense.

Edited my IC post

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 08:48 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/Tebryn_Cabal/poster38460969.jpg

Your new holy symbol. Not your god, you

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 08:57 PM
hahaha...I lolled

And I know how bad it is to alliterate with "S"s...but I did it anyway

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 08:58 PM
THank you, i have been making them for all the gods....most arnt funny enough to post just yet.

Copacetic
2008-08-15, 09:02 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/Tebryn_Cabal/poster38460969.jpg

Your new holy symbol. Not your god, you

Hehehe. Nice.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 09:03 PM
Direct quote from your friend Nefarion

AgentPaper
2008-08-15, 09:26 PM
For hatred, would it be possible for me to have a hatred of everything that is attacking the Haradar directly? Not like some guy who's punching some random haradar dwarf, but someone who's actually trying to destroy the Haradar on a large scale, or doing something that would destroy the Haradar. So, if some god was leading an army against the Haradar, I would get the Hate bonus. If I led a Haradar army to try and destroy some god's army, I would not get it.

That sound specific enough? Certainly a type that Haras would hate. Probably the only type, actually. He's about as open-minded as you get, in some ways.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 09:30 PM
Looks like I get another portfolio element from Varr (as per Alch's last IC post). So, I choose Battle. :smallsmile:

alchemyprime
2008-08-15, 09:50 PM
Paper, I say it's okay.

Wow. Another war winter god. Cool. Pun unintended.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 09:52 PM
You've killed all jokes Alch....

And ha! Nefarion, you get a point for calling Xam Creator Xam

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 09:55 PM
What do you mean "another"? There are basically no cold/winter/ice deities in classic mythology. Granted, Lossethir has ended up kind of Thor-ish...but Thor doesn't have anything to do with winter or cold in his Deities and Demigods writeup.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 09:57 PM
Was pretty sure Hel was the one that ruled over winter, or the Frost Giant god, forget his name

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 09:59 PM
Thyrm...he gets War and Cold in the D&D writeup. (and is a frost giant)

AgentPaper
2008-08-15, 10:00 PM
Varr was pretty disappointing to me. I thought he would cause, you know, some trouble before he left. "Oh, I was beaten once, and now I leave. Oh, and here, take this artifact that will likely help you out a ton as well." I mean, with all that build up to this, it seemed like more would happen. Ah well, maybe the rest will do something, but it seems unlikely. Still, can't really call it "Varr's invasion" anymore.

And now that I've said all this, suddenly things are gunna start going bad.

Don't hate me! *ducks for cover*

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 10:01 PM
Yes, not a god in the original mythology but he was the big cheese in Jotunhiem

And you should thank Xiua for stepping in when he did. It could have been much worse had there not actually been rules of engadgment, and the big thanks goes to Lossither, for winning.

alchemyprime
2008-08-15, 10:01 PM
No, I'm comparing this to OLoC all the time. Lossethir is being a bit like a badass version of our old cold god, Frostbite.

But I detect a faint hint of Glaciesco, the winter god before him...

I think Lossethir fits into LoC canon just fine compared with them! Plus you're not a dragon!

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 10:08 PM
Lossethir shall be a deity of noble combat, instead of the wild or savage direction that I think most Ice gods would go with. I'm now aiming for the Nobility domain to tie everything together nicely.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 10:08 PM
That sounds awsome. I do so love the gods of this world.

AgentPaper
2008-08-15, 10:09 PM
You don't even know the beginnigs of Haras' cool. I'm hoping to pull off Badass Normal with a GOD. :smallbiggrin:

Here's to hoping I can do it, heh.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 10:12 PM
Naw seriously...Santa Claus with a spear. His followers have no battle cries and always fight calm and composed. And of course, they have gorgeous, ornamental armor and weapons.

Good stuff IMO

AgentPaper
2008-08-15, 10:13 PM
So, ice elves?

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 10:16 PM
Noble dwarves actually...and slyphs and half-slyphs, who might occupy the same fantasy niche as High Elves or Eladrin.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 10:16 PM
I think the elf subtypes are being kept to a minimum, i am pretty sure Frigs has said as much, and that was the intention of making them drow/highelf/woodelf-esque from the very start.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-15, 10:17 PM
Varr was pretty disappointing to me. I thought he would cause, you know, some trouble before he left. "Oh, I was beaten once, and now I leave. Oh, and here, take this artifact that will likely help you out a ton as well." I mean, with all that build up to this, it seemed like more would happen. Ah well, maybe the rest will do something, but it seems unlikely. Still, can't really call it "Varr's invasion" anymore.

And now that I've said all this, suddenly things are gunna start going bad.

Don't hate me! *ducks for cover*

Never fear, we still have the the leftover outsider gods and mortals to deal with. There's also been tension created between deities.

Coming to your local LoC:
"Varr's Invasion: The Aftermath"
More destructive than if Varr invaded

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 10:19 PM
Varr kind of got sucker punched...he has to bow out because he's Lawful Evil (I assume)...but he'll be back.

Luffen and Coin(?) in the meanwhile...they should probably be going berserk in 3...2...

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 10:20 PM
Luffen has been acting for 2 weeks. There are lots of problems comming....lots for Haradi. The Herald Hound is....going to be unpleasent.

Rizban
2008-08-15, 10:21 PM
Which is why Klik'chak just went in search of them.

Lady Tialait
2008-08-15, 10:23 PM
Wait, is there really any tension between Enigma and anyone..oh..I just had a GREAT Idea...Rizban. Fiona won't become a god YET.

Lossethir is going to become allies with Enigma VERY soon.

AgentPaper
2008-08-15, 10:24 PM
Never really got why Clicky didn't like the haradar. Guess he's just OC about the desert being exactly as is. The way it seems, he should be angry with the ant guys about digging holes. :smalltongue:

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 10:27 PM
Lossethir is going to become allies with Enigma VERY soon.

...that's...scary, in a way. I feel like the Michael Phelps of deific combat.

Rizban
2008-08-15, 10:28 PM
That's fine. We've got plenty of time before we finish our plan.

It's sad that Faithless never got around to doing anything with that council meeting. *shakes head at that* The Emissiary will probably leave in disgust shortly.

Well, for one, the Athiks were there before Klik'chak came into being.
They are also desert creatures, born and bred there. They live at one with the desert, leaving it as desert. They don't try to transform it into some other type of terrain.

AgentPaper
2008-08-15, 11:01 PM
I thought you made the athiks? Bleh, nevermind then, heh.

Also, since I'm on the playground in person, I can participate in any battle directly, yes? Also, this god that's makin an army to attack Haradi, is he there in person, or is it an avatar of him?

If it's In Person, then he's below DR 6, so I stand a chance in a fight. If it's an avatar, I can probably beat it easily myself, and then it's just a matter of my army fighting off his.

Any word on the mechanics we're gunna use for warfare, if any? Some simple system like the one we have for divine combat would be fine.

Edit: What system was used in the last LoC thingy? It seems hard to believe they could resolve all battles with just RPing, and not fights between gods. :smallwink:

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 11:04 PM
I believe that's the greatest boon of being a demigod...smacking around mortal armies ala Sauron in the opening scene of Fellowship.

AgentPaper
2008-08-15, 11:06 PM
Wheee!

I love the choice I made there. Screw high DR, I'd rather slog it out down here. :smallbiggrin:

Vadin
2008-08-15, 11:10 PM
Why do you think I haven't ascended past demigod? There's something that says 'defense' about a god and an army of magic guys on dragons and skyebasts swooping above an invading army and blasting legions of infantry...

Plus, once airships get invented...well, someone's going to need to pick up the Airship domain...

alchemyprime
2008-08-15, 11:12 PM
OLoC had the following battles:

God 1's CR: DR + Artifacts*.5 + Friends

God 2's CR: DR + Artifacts*.5 + Friends

It was all for RP value. But the mods and I all came together to make it more fun and more strategical.

Now if only I didn't suck at strategy. >.<

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 11:14 PM
Vadin: I suppose they only have swimming competitions in warm climates? Then again...it seems right that dwarves would go swimming in early winter...

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 11:23 PM
Agentpaper: I can't spoil the battle for you.

Vadin: Did you change your domain gain to a portfolio gain

Vadin
2008-08-15, 11:30 PM
No? I kept it as gaining the Air domain.

Nefarion: Polar Bear Club style ice-water swimming relays between winterborn capsin and hardy dwarves. The capsin live on the ocean a lot of the time and spend their whole lives involved with the water, but the dwarves...well, at least it'll be a good race between the capsin. :smalltongue:

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 11:31 PM
You need to change it, you have to have a portfolio element before you can gain the domain

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 11:32 PM
*coughcoughTAKEcoughSKYcough*

Vadin
2008-08-15, 11:35 PM
Freedom as a portfolio element isn't related at all to air, the freest of all the elements? The only one that can't really be contained and all, and what with a flying city not bound to the ground and free to move like the wind around the world and stuff...it seemed pretty relevant.

EDIT: I didn't see a Sky domain on the first page...do we have one?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 11:36 PM
No, freedom was your original portfolio element and dosn't count for air. And he meant sky for a portfolio. Even if air can be argued as the freest of the elements, so could water or fire. Earth is the onlu non-free element without help.

Rizban
2008-08-15, 11:48 PM
Um... how did Dirije travel to the Material Plane? He's DR6...

Vadin
2008-08-15, 11:49 PM
Ooooooh...ok.

Alright. That's cool. I'll do that. Consider it changed.

btw, did anyone ever actually create the Grilled Cheese Mage? Sandwich powered wizardry sounds awesome.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 11:50 PM
I actually have a word document open with a more or less potion/scroll alt maker who is a chef that i was thinking of including next week, so....soon?

shadowxknight
2008-08-15, 11:53 PM
Um... how did Dirije travel to the Material Plane? He's DR6...

Well he didn't really physically get there, just appear in front of his followers via illusion.

...we could do that right?

AgentPaper
2008-08-15, 11:54 PM
I think you gotta explicitly make an avatar, which costs AP.

Ahh the wonders of DR 5...

Innis Cabal
2008-08-15, 11:55 PM
Lots of problems with being DR 5 as well. At this time, if Xiua or Eul made an avatar they'd be equel to your power level.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-15, 11:56 PM
It's iffy...

The Trickery domain doesn't have a spell with that capacity. Buuut, a god with 7 levels of Sorcerer, projecting an illusion into a place of power with the aid of a high level follower....could probably swing that

Kilk'Chak has had a number of excursions on the material plane with liberal use of a Desert Domain spell.

shadowxknight
2008-08-15, 11:58 PM
Hmm I thought avatar was only required if you want to physically manifest in the Material plane and, well, DO stuff.

IE: Dirije makes an avatar and leads his assassins on a mission.

I'll edit my post to specify that Dirije only appeared in illusion.

Rizban
2008-08-16, 12:02 AM
Klik'chak just made a sandform body from nearby sand and used divine sendings to communicate. Totally legit :smallwink:

AgentPaper
2008-08-16, 12:05 AM
Wait, avatars are as powerful as a DR 5 god? That seems...wrong.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 12:06 AM
Edit: Not available to DR0 deities. An avatar is essentially a second body for your deity. Avatars are functionally your DR-1, except on the material plane where they are limited to DR5 or less

So, any avatar for a god 6 or higher is just as powerful. Sorry for the confusion,

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-16, 12:11 AM
In Deities and Demigods, avatars have all the powers of the deity, but function at -10 DR. Given that no one has made an avatar (as far as memory serves) so maybe the avatar rule merits some reconsideration.

AgentPaper
2008-08-16, 12:11 AM
Blech, that's bull. Loss might as well have made an avatar of himself to fight Varr with, the power difference is so small.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 12:12 AM
Enigma and Luffen have, and right now -1 limited to DR 5 is pretty balanced.

And thats what you get for being a demi-god. It dosnt make sense that more powerful gods avatar's should be powerful as well? We also arnt using demi-gods and deities really, i'd say its pretty balanced compared to -10. After all a DR 20 god could have a DR 10 avatar running around, and that would really screw up the demi-gods. They are limited to DR 5 so they are equal, that means they only get class levels equal to a DR 5 god.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-16, 12:15 AM
I would think that if your avatar loses a battle, you'd suffer the same ill effects as if you've been there 'yourself'. Since an avatar isn't meerly a projection of yourself...it's also you.

But, I am of the mind that Demigods should get some lovin'...some sort of tangible benefit. Having been one myself...

Edit: Obviously a DR 20 god's avatar should decimate lesser gods. Demigods shouldn't necessarily be more powerful on the material plane, but I still think they should get some kind of benefit...free uses of Teach Pop. for one. They're very hands-on!

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 12:16 AM
They do. They are in the mortal world, thats a somewhat big impact when you really consider it, as they can actually go into battle with mortals and...well...if the mortals dont have a demi-god behind them...it screws em over.

And i have a demi-god to :P so i'm hardly a fully biased opinion.

If we go with -10, thats only a temporary respite. Given enough time, a DR 16 god could just as easily go down and stomp on the demi-gods

tsuuga
2008-08-16, 12:18 AM
Yep. While yeah, a Lesser God can have an avatar running around on the material plane as strong as any demigod, that avatar is still a weakness for him. Engage it in divine combat, and you can still hurt him, but his avatar's got less options. Speaking of avatars - I say they should be treated as seperate character, statistic-wise. As in, you build a bare-bones DR5 god within the framework of your main deity. So, extra levels, extra DCMs, and suchlike must be bought seperately for your avatar.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 12:19 AM
I'd say just make them a DR 5 version of you, easier on everyone

Rizban
2008-08-16, 12:21 AM
I'd have to agree with Innis on this one. Make a DR5 version of your deity as your avatar.

AgentPaper
2008-08-16, 12:24 AM
DR-5 max 5 sounds more balanced to me, but maybe I'm biased. Other than that, It should cost some token AP to use your avatar. Like, if you want to use your avatar this week, you spend 1 AP, and now you can do whatever you want with him. So the Avatar of some DR 10 god could come and fight me, and probably beat me, (the only advantage would be class levels, right?) but he'd have to spend that AP to actually use his avatar in the battle.

Hmm, maybe, actually, we could have lesser deities have a DR 4 avatar, then the next rank has DR 5 avatars, and the next has DR 6 avatars. (They can control divine power so well they can fit more of it into a physical manifestation.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 12:25 AM
Thats pretty nerfing. Its really balanced as it is.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-16, 12:26 AM
For consolation...do consider that Haradi IS the greatest city in the world and boasts the most advanced culture. I mean...c'mon, it's like they have Superman for mayor. Crime rate? Yeah right.

"Hey, we need a new civic center, a bigger town hall and the kids want a new playground..."
Haras - "Already done. Booya!"

AgentPaper
2008-08-16, 12:27 AM
"Hey, we need a new civic center, a bigger town hall and the kids want a new playground..."
Haras - "Already done. Booya!"

More like: "Screw that stuff, you'll live. Make another defensive wall."

I really don't care how happy they are. Not that I make them unhappy, they just have to build that stuff themselves.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-16, 12:28 AM
Well...maybe you would have the most advanced culture if you built the kids a friggen' swing set!

AgentPaper
2008-08-16, 12:32 AM
Psh, who needs a swingset when you got crossbows before anyone else even has normal bows. (As far as I've seen)

"You want a swing set? Screw that, you'll live. Make another defensive wall."

Faithless
2008-08-16, 12:33 AM
Nefarion. You did awesome. I'll probably be leaving mr.winter god some presents.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-16, 12:36 AM
I like this version of a winter holiday better. Everyone else gives things TO Father Christmas.

AgentPaper
2008-08-16, 12:37 AM
Yes, let's all give our power to the guy that's off to sit on his ass after one measly battle while the rest of us fight off all the other gods that are attacking less....stupidly.

Oh, and just so you guys all know, to quote the recent strip, Haradar is "Lawful, not stupid." So don't think I'm gunna hold myself to some weird code of honor. I only obey laws I make myself, and all those consist of are about "Don't kill too many Haradar if you can help it." :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

shadowxknight
2008-08-16, 12:39 AM
I like this version of a winter holiday better. Everyone else gives things TO Father Christmas.

It's also happening in August x_x

Where is this crimeless city that everyone is speaking of.
It needs a visit from my operatives.

tsuuga
2008-08-16, 12:46 AM

First post > The links > Map of Ramua and Volcanoes. It's currently marked as The Citadel... apparently I was using an old set of labels. Huh. So, speaking of maps, I believe there's been some modifications, yes? I've got Lossy's hills to add in, and... Xuincherguixe, where is your hole in the sea, and approximately how big is it/how's it oriented?

Edit: Also, Shadow, the video in your sig was taken down.

AgentPaper
2008-08-16, 12:47 AM
It's also happening in August x_x

I dunno. People seem to be making up facts about my city.

Nobody breaks the law, really, but the laws are pretty open to people doing anything shady as long as it's not killing people.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-16, 12:48 AM
Yes, let's all give our power to the guy that's off to sit on his ass after one measly battle while the rest of us fight off all the other gods that are attacking less....stupidly.

Gotta pace himself doesn't he? Come next week's AP-Recharge and he'll probably fall out of the sky with a "SNEAK ATTACK" and wreck someone's day. In the meantime...Klik'chak is on the hunt and Lossethir has +6 Aid to toss around.

AgentPaper
2008-08-16, 12:54 AM
I don't see how flying through the air at an enemy can be anything like sneaky...:smalltongue:

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-16, 12:56 AM
It's 3rd edition...I can sneak attack with a greatspear while riding on a dire camel!

Edit: The real puzzler is how an Arcane Trickster won fame and glory for martial combat.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 01:01 AM
M-A-G-I-C. Say it with me now kinder

tsuuga
2008-08-16, 01:05 AM
... You did sorta give him a facefull of fireballs. I wouldn't call that martial combat :smalltongue:

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-16, 01:09 AM
Pfft...3 Maximized Meteor Swarms (cast in stopped time) were but a mere distraction for the mighty Spear-to-face Fu.

Tsuuga, you're well versed with Deities and Demigods. If I wanted to stat out Lossethir for actual 3.5 use, what would be a fair Strength score for him? (after he's gained the Strength domain next week)

Draken
2008-08-16, 01:16 AM
Time Stop doesn't work like that, no matter how much we want it to make this kind of sense (as is, it makes no sense, my opinion).

So now, I have no idea what I will do. Dung.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 01:18 AM
Anyone willing to do update the summery? If not i will tommorow

Faithless
2008-08-16, 01:20 AM
Pfft...3 Maximized Meteor Swarms (cast in stopped time) were but a mere distraction for the mighty Spear-to-face Fu.

Tsuuga, you're well versed with Deities and Demigods. If I wanted to stat out Lossethir for actual 3.5 use, what would be a fair Strength score for him? (after he's gained the Strength domain next week)

40-50. Slightly higher if you had more warrior levels. Hercules is around that much and he has more strength than gods of a lot higher rank.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-16, 11:26 AM
Hole in the sea? Let's say East of Xiau, and the length of a continent, vertical, and 100 meters wide. Lets put it up in the north too. I'm think of making a continent myself. (Probably put giants there. So there should be space for a giant continent ^_^)

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 11:35 AM
Uh Oh, Dla threw down the kid gloves

Copacetic
2008-08-16, 11:45 AM
Yeah, he kinda did. It is time for WAR!

That, and I did a teensy-weensy little character concept change. Forget Dla the patient, it's time for Dla THE WRATHFUL!

Lady Tialait
2008-08-16, 11:47 AM
Heh, just, Magnus is a Demi-God...just ya'know FYI..he plans on burning the World into cinders...for the Lolz.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-16, 12:58 PM
Sounds like a good reason to me!

Copacetic
2008-08-16, 01:11 PM
Heh, just, Magnus is a Demi-God...just ya'know FYI..he plans on burning the World into cinders...for the Lolz.

Is there any other reason?

Draken
2008-08-16, 01:20 PM
Frigs, Create Artifact costs only 3 AP. Not four.

Copacetic
2008-08-16, 01:24 PM
Frigs, Create Artifact costs only 3 AP. Not four.

Oh, Whoops. Thanks for the catch, Draken. Freaking laptop keyboard.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-16, 02:16 PM
Could we get a recap of Varr's remaining forces? And the portal to the Wasteland is still open, right? (So we can probably expect even more mortal followers to be coming out)

Faithless
2008-08-16, 02:21 PM
I'm sealing it as soon as Varr leaves with his gods.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-16, 02:33 PM
I'm sealing it as soon as Varr leaves with his gods.

Assuming they do leave ^_^

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 04:07 PM
Madra, Varr, amd Trandel are leaving.

Luffen is staying, Coin was M.I.A from the start

Longlimb....is still up in the air, pretty sure he is staying.

Copacetic
2008-08-16, 04:11 PM
Madra, Varr, amd Trandel are leaving.

Luffen is staying, Coin was M.I.A from the start

Still plenty of people to kill? Nice. :smallamused:

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 04:15 PM
Luffen's avatar is crawling around under Haradi

There are more enemies comming from within the Playground. The Half Elves are marching on the Glade and the forest.

The Destroyer is still around

Eul is still around for the non-elder's, and even then...who knows

There are alot more threats around, more now then there were, but there are alot just under the surface

Faithless
2008-08-16, 06:19 PM
Hell no Frigs :P

It's time to lay down some hurt.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 06:27 PM
And the real fun....starts.

Faithless
2008-08-16, 06:28 PM
I read his post and was like. I got plans. Big plans.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 06:33 PM
Setting up the second racial deity. So they might have aid...and Luffen is more or less ready to burst forth from the ground, maw slavering and hungry.

AgentPaper
2008-08-16, 06:38 PM
I'd really like to know what Haras knows about what's going on in Haradi. The way it's worded in the IC is just plain confusing. :smallconfused:

Copacetic
2008-08-16, 06:38 PM
I read his post and was like. I got plans. Big plans.

Yeah, and so do I. The first one involves kicking you out of the forest. :smallwink:

Faithless
2008-08-16, 06:43 PM
lol. Nature god. like thats gonna happen.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 06:43 PM
I'd really like to know what Haras knows about what's going on in Haradi. The way it's worded in the IC is just plain confusing. :smallconfused:

Thats not up to me....what do they know? The world under them is being excavated as nightmares unknown to their world are crawling up. The skies literaly rained chains of iron and brass, and they are(unless they were cut) still stuck into the ground leading to the sky which remains dark and windy. What would they know?

AgentPaper
2008-08-16, 06:55 PM
Wait, chains? What chains? I'd like it if you at least told me when you throw stuff into my city...

And you know what my guys should know. I do not. When you post the IC about what's going on under the city, I have no idea if that is going on close enough that Haras can notice. Haras knows about the athiks, and he's not stupid, so he's gunna pay attention to what goes on underground. If nothing else, are these guys inside the sphere created by the Aegis? If they are, Haras is going to do something about them.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 07:00 PM
Wait, chains? What chains? I'd like it if you at least told me when you throw stuff into my city...

And you know what my guys should know. I do not. When you post the IC about what's going on under the city, I have no idea if that is going on close enough that Haras can notice. Haras knows about the athiks, and he's not stupid, so he's gunna pay attention to what goes on underground. If nothing else, are these guys inside the sphere created by the Aegis? If they are, Haras is going to do something about them.

I did. Its all in the IC thread. And they would know something's comming by now, im pretty sure the last time you asked i told you that.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4712495&postcount=761

I've posted with a good deal of time between for reactions and havent gotten any, but now...they all absolutly should know something is comming, no questions

Copacetic
2008-08-16, 07:02 PM
lol. Nature god. like thats gonna happen.

You would be surprised. Now, prepare to Die! Bwahahaha! :smallbiggrin:

Draken
2008-08-16, 07:05 PM
Hmm...

Hey, anyone holds any objection if I turn the baernoloth demigod-council into well, a demigod, without spending Eul's AP? It really makes little sense for him to do it. Odds of the two (seven) working together are the same as... Well, Eul working with Xam, maybe a bit more likely, but they really have different purposes and I just don't think it would cut it to just make the fiends, hand it to another player and command his every move by my foul devices.*
*Yea, I could do that.

Edit: Dude, you know Evadize is stronger than Dla right?

Well, that didn't stop Lossethir from pwning Varr, but that's a moot point.

tsuuga
2008-08-16, 07:07 PM

Bwahahaha. Wouldn't you like to know? :smallbiggrin:

On a side note, I move that we adopt the format that Moose uses here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4719862&postcount=788) - heading post sections with Character, Place, so we're sure people don't read right past stuff they oughtta know.

Edit: Draken, I do mind. I'm not complaining if you make monsters of god-like power, but you can't do that and then just say "Well, they've got godlike power so they're gods now."

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 07:13 PM
I agree with Tsuuga, also as i've been trying to get a summury up...everyone.....paragraph breaks for the love of god. Please no 90 line posts please. Also if i could suggest we do a end of the week sum up from now on?

Also here are the proposed rules for Avatars
DR: Max 5
Class Levels: Choice of Avatar, can not exceed a DR 5
Combat Modifies: Equal to DR 5 god
Artifact Use: Artifacts must be with Avatar to factor into combat Mod.

Draken
2008-08-16, 07:19 PM
It's really because I need them to make their own stuff (homeplane, mostly) It's just the game's mechanic, not the actual fluff of the scenario that I am having to deal with here.

------

And since when do Avatars get AP? They were supposed to be just... How can I say... The little people who walk the earth in the name of the greater god behind them aren't them?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 07:21 PM
edited that out, thank you

And, i know that Isul will be a demi-god through the use of Ur-Priest and without the aid of any of any actual begetting. But he will start off as a DR 1. I'd say the same would apply to the council.

tsuuga
2008-08-16, 07:21 PM
AP: 1/2 gods total expenditure, or full AP pool but if an Avatar losses the battle damage is done to the actual god.Say what? Avatars would get their own AP every week?

Other than that, I'm ok with this. Essentially, it's a brand new DR-1, max 5, god with your domains and portfolios.

Copacetic
2008-08-16, 07:23 PM
Pssht, I can totally take Faithless. We both have max druid levels, both Evo 2, but I am DR 8, while he is DR 6. Bring it on.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 07:23 PM
Edited it out. And no, the idea was they would use the actual gods AP pool, but Draken pointed out that didnt make sense. Been going through the story after "Evadize made his demi-goddess" and making a summary..../flop

And Evadize is more then DR 6

Copacetic
2008-08-16, 07:28 PM
Edited it out. And no, the idea was they would use the actual gods AP pool, but Draken pointed out that didnt make sense. Been going through the story after "Evadize made his demi-goddess" and making a summary..../flop

And Evadize is more then DR 6

The Wiki (http://loc.mornproductions.com/wikka.php?wakka=Evadize) would like to say otherwise.

tsuuga
2008-08-16, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I saw you updated that after I posted. What's this about Isul, though? It's cool to just make followers into demigods for free, as long as they're DR1? I say, take the AP out of your own pool, just don't roleplay it as such. Eul has a lazy week, and coincidentally a council of Baernoloths turns into a demigod.

AgentPaper
2008-08-16, 07:31 PM
Funny how nobody ever seems to go to Xam for help, always to Eul, even the good gods, it seems. It makes sense for Haras, to get help from either one, but, well, yeah.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 07:31 PM
The front page of this thread would say otherwise as well. Not everyone updates the wiki, myself included in that. Go by whats here first.

Draken
2008-08-16, 07:32 PM
Not everything in the wiki is up to date, unfortunatelly.

And, yes, Faithless is kind of pooling the AP of his deities, but Calypso is a separate deity, not an avatar.

By the way. I think the "guide populace" divine action has lost it's point. We just use the Sending spell to contact our high priests or other kind of populational leader under our divine rule anyway.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 07:34 PM
I thought it was for a whole racial thing, not just the high priests. And i can see the point in it Tsuuga, but its not really a single god begetting the other so even as a point expenditure...seems sorta odd, the max gods of 3 would keep the crazy level down. But your probably right, use your AP pool as a player, not a god.

And Xam really isnt present enough, he does his own thing. Eul Enigma and Xiua are far more active in the affairs of the younger gods.

Copacetic
2008-08-16, 07:35 PM
Grr. The wiki's function IS to have updated information. So, now it's useless. Wonderful.:smallannoyed:

Anywho, let the games begin. Evadize's ungodly amount of demigods-pooling their AP, versus whoever else wants to help me.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-16, 07:40 PM
Tsuuga, be a mensch and update add "Battle" to my portfolio on the front page. Gliss took "Sky" too. Thanks!

Edit: Also...DR is so overrated. /cackle

shadowxknight
2008-08-16, 07:41 PM
Dirije would lend you a hand.
But first you have to promise to help him "take care" of Longlimb if he doesn't leave.

There can only be ONE god of thieves in this cosmos, and that god is Dirije :smallannoyed:

Draken
2008-08-16, 07:43 PM
Oh well, I can live with the "spend AP as a player not a god" thing. Just don't expect me to be happy about it.

*is Unhappy about it*

*is trying to make a dumb joke*

EDIT: Oh yea Innis, maybe you should add that our half-elves are half spiritfolk too, not half humans.

That can, indeed, pass straigh over the head of people.

Copacetic
2008-08-16, 07:49 PM
Dirije would lend you a hand.
But first you have to promise to help him "take care" of Longlimb if he doesn't leave.

There can only be ONE god of thieves in this cosmos, and that god is Dirije :smallannoyed:

Done and Done. Gimme a minute to post IC.

Draken
2008-08-16, 08:05 PM
And the dead march to Haras. To kill and ravage, and to save the day for the dwarves.

Why save the day for the dwarves? Because they are raising undead there with Eul's blessing! That's why!

Oh yea, ninja'd you badly Frigs.

Copacetic
2008-08-16, 08:09 PM
You ninja'd me! You effing Ninja'd me! IN SIZE SIX FONT!

*cough*

Anywho. Right. This is my dealio. You don't ravage my elves, You get a free battle artifact when this whole thing is over with. Yay? Nay?

Draken
2008-08-16, 08:15 PM
Nay. Going to go kill demodands, raise umber hulk skeletons, maybe enslave living umber hulk and add Quth-maren to my unholy armies.

Copacetic
2008-08-16, 08:19 PM
Sigh. And I was counting on you to be my ace in the hole here. Well, not entirely.

Anywho, does the whole You-can't-leave-the-dark-home-unless-
eul-says-so thing still apply?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 08:22 PM
Oh well, I can live with the "spend AP as a player not a god" thing. Just don't expect me to be happy about it.

*is Unhappy about it*

*is trying to make a dumb joke*

EDIT: Oh yea Innis, maybe you should add that our half-elves are half spiritfolk too, not half humans.

That can, indeed, pass straigh over the head of people.

They are up in the Homebrew section.

Draken
2008-08-16, 08:23 PM
No it isn't anymore, changed that and instead threw some (living) monsters to prowl dark places of the world.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-16, 08:39 PM
If Dirije wants Longarm dead, he should consult with Lossethir. While he has a certain disdain for evil gods, he hates the alien gods more and...and he works for cheap. He's looking to spear another alien god because he's high off Kleos...but if you offered him a token, that might speed up his efforts or he might even work with you.

AgentPaper
2008-08-16, 08:40 PM
If anyone is wondering over my lack of posting in the IC, it's because Haradi has been in a state of perpetual war-readiness since a few months before the outsider gods came in. Not much to post, since nothing has really changed there. I'd still like to know what's going on with these guys. I guess it's just enemies coming from below?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 08:41 PM
Yes. That and the chain storm.

Copacetic
2008-08-16, 08:43 PM
If Dirije wants Longarm dead, he should consult with Lossethir. While he has a certain disdain for evil gods, he hates the alien gods more and...and he works for cheap. He's looking to spear another alien god because he's high off Kleos...but if you offered him a token, that might speed up his efforts or he might even work with you.

Works for cheap, does he? Then I might have a proposition for you... :smallwink:

AgentPaper
2008-08-16, 08:47 PM
Still wondering about the chain storm. I'd appreciate it if you didn't just suddenly tell me, "Oh, and by the way, theres a bunch of huge chains sitting in your city now. But you don't need to worry about that!" Also, asking me what I know about something you haven't told me much of anything about is pretty...well, silly.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-16, 08:51 PM
Works for cheap, does he? Then I might have a proposition for you... :smallwink:

He's not stupid either. He wouldn't assault Evadize for all the tea in China nor the artifacts in Wagner's complete works.

Well...everyone has a price. But Evadize hasn't peed in Lossethir's cheerios.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 09:02 PM
Still wondering about the chain storm. I'd appreciate it if you didn't just suddenly tell me, "Oh, and by the way, theres a bunch of huge chains sitting in your city now. But you don't need to worry about that!" Also, asking me what I know about something you haven't told me much of anything about is pretty...well, silly.

Its in the IC thread. Plain to see. I even gave you the link. Even if your god dosnt do anything you need to keep up with it. Its hardly silly to expect that from someone with invested interest in the game. There is a war going on, things are going to get damaged.

Rizban
2008-08-16, 09:11 PM
Grr. The wiki's function IS to have updated information. So, now it's useless. Wonderful.:smallannoyed:

Anywho, let the games begin. Evadize's ungodly amount of demigods-pooling their AP, versus whoever else wants to help me.

It's pretty much only Innis, Faithless, and one or two of the newest players who don't update the wiki. Everyone else pretty much seems to update when they make changes to their gods.

It's only worthless in regards to Innis and Faithless' entries.

Also, Klik'chak is actively out searching for the remaining alien deities. You wouldn't even have to bribe him into helping you out. All he needs is a direction to be aimed. As far as attacking Playground gods for you... it all depends on how you pitch the idea.

I'm pretty sure that was in the IC thread... No offense, but he doesn't need to specifically contact you about something if he posts it publicly.

AgentPaper
2008-08-16, 09:18 PM
I have been keeping up, but I never saw anything about the chains. Guess I just missed it. However, all the posts you've made about the stuff going on under Haradi are very vague about details, so I really don't know what to do about it. Is it 10 feet under haradi? Are they already attacking? How long have they been there? Would haras know they are there? (Which depends on how close they are to the surface, and whether the god is trying to keep them secret or not)

I'm trying to get information, and you just asked me what information I have. Not helpful. Since there's going to be a battle involved, I need more than a few obscure lines hinting at doom and evil thingies doing evil things of no particular type.

Draken
2008-08-16, 09:18 PM
Hey, Frigs, for the record. Eul was just saying what would happen. His army is marching somewhere else entirely. Not into elven territory.

Well, not into the heart of elven territory anyway. Which I assume is... Ah, forget it. They are marching to Haras.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 09:26 PM
I have been keeping up, but I never saw anything about the chains. Guess I just missed it. However, all the posts you've made about the stuff going on under Haradi are very vague about details, so I really don't know what to do about it. Is it 10 feet under haradi? Are they already attacking? How long have they been there? Would haras know they are there? (Which depends on how close they are to the surface, and whether the god is trying to keep them secret or not)

I'm trying to get information, and you just asked me what information I have. Not helpful. Since there's going to be a battle involved, I need more than a few obscure lines hinting at doom and evil thingies doing evil things of no particular type.

I've posted here, at least twice for you whats going on. And it said deep under, clearly not 10 feet. Also, if they were attacking, i'd write that. Not here to screw you over. And they've been there since the post indicated they were there. Its not all that vauge. I also linked you the post where chains rained down.

Here is what is going on
1. There are extraplaner evils, undeadn, abberations and an avatar of a god comming from below your city
2. They were deep enough to be able to go undetected, but they've been tunneling up
3. There has been a giant storm raging dumping chains on your city, how much damage have they done? I have no idea, what has your god done to stop them?

I cant control your character, nor will i under any circumstance, i dont know when he could sense them. There have been several posts and i've waited a good deal inbetween them for you to respond to them. Waited all day today and yesterday for a response after i told you what was going on.

AgentPaper
2008-08-16, 09:36 PM
Thanks, sorry for the confusion. I'm not sure how I missed the raining chains post. (And the link, apparently) In response to the chains, I would have immediately turned on the Aegis. That should be enough to keep them out. And the reason I didn't respond, was that I didn't know what I knew about the guys underneath the city, and so I didn't know what Haras could do about it.

And the confusion came from this: "And deep under Hardai the Herald Hound gave its final call, the Shator leading the neogi and umber hulk forces forward, and the Quth Maran began to climb into the city in the night, waiting." It's hard to tell whether this is them just climbing up and now being in the city, or if they're just now starting to climb and it will take a long time, like a few days.

Ah, found the post on the chains. I'll spend 1 AP to repel the chains, using nourish populace to counter it, if I remember right. Sorry for not replying to that in a while, should I make a post now in the IC saying I did that?

Also, I need to figure out how much AP I have lying around. I haven't kept track very well, since I never actually use it. Now I gotta hunt down the last time I used AP...

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 09:39 PM
Thanks, sorry for the confusion. I'm not sure how I missed the raining chains post. (And the link, apparently) In response to the chains, I would have immediately turned on the Aegis. That should be enough to keep them out. And the reason I didn't respond, was that I didn't know what I knew about the guys underneath the city, and so I didn't know what Haras could do about it.

And the confusion came from this: "And deep under Hardai the Herald Hound gave its final call, the Shator leading the neogi and umber hulk forces forward, and the Quth Maran began to climb into the city in the night, waiting." It's hard to tell whether this is them just climbing up and now being in the city, or if they're just now starting to climb and it will take a long time, like a few days.

Ah, found the post on the chains. I'll spend 1 AP to repel the chains, using nourish populace to counter it, if I remember right. Sorry for not replying to that in a while, should I make a post now in the IC saying I did that?

Also, I need to figure out how much AP I have lying around. I haven't kept track very well, since I never actually use it. Now I gotta hunt down the last time I used AP...

You have, unless less, 2 times your DR saved up.

And please post something in the IC thread, as none of this has happened till you say it has :P

Also remember for ooc purposes, Herald Hound can get past the Aegis

AgentPaper
2008-08-16, 09:46 PM
He can, but not his followers. Since he's with them, they get through, but the god needs to make a hole for them, which Haras definitely detects. All of the structures are made of stone (It's the law) which includes floors, and they are somewhat fortified as well. The town isn't 100% ready all the time, of course (They wouldn't be alive, if they were) but they are ready to fight when they need to. Weapons are in working condition, and systems are in place to warn everyone to prepare.

I can't post in the IC tonight (I'm not up for RPing for some reason at the moment) but I'll try to post tomorrow. Sorry about that. Still, we should trade info and try to come up with something agreeable on the outcome of the battle before it takes place, which seems like it should be soon. Since there doesn't seem to be a system to be used for the battles, how are we gunna decide who wins? RPing it out is fine, but I don't think I can RP myself into a loss, and I can't expect you to, either.

And yeah, I have 4 AP sitting around at the moment. Also, does the Avatar of your god get to wreak havoc on armies like mine does? All those nifty advantages for being a demigod are very quickly disappearing.

alchemyprime
2008-08-16, 09:49 PM
Okay:

I work a tiring job. And my hours are going up in the weeks leading up to school. So I may need to have Xam do stuff by proxy. Mods, can you help me out if I can't get on long enough? Like I e-mail you my posts?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 09:50 PM
Sure thing Alch

Draken
2008-08-16, 09:53 PM
Count on me for help Alch.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-16, 09:54 PM
Speaking of updating and generally staying abreast...

There are nearly half a dozen races with either no description at all or that are around but could do with a complimentary recap. There are even some races/monsters who had AP spent on them, but their creation wasn't described.

Shadar-Kai for instance; the only reason I know what these things are is because of my 4E Monster Manual.

Still not totally sure what Lupins are...

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 09:56 PM
All, or most, of the races are in the homebrew

Most of what Xiua made are "monsters". Shadar-Kai are from the FF for 3.5/3.0

Alot of the other stuff, at least on my end, really keep to themselves.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-16, 10:04 PM
Monsters/races/things with no description: Quth-Maren, Demodand-Shator, Iophytes, Chiro, Duine (which Chochin needs to spend AP on).

Unless it's "Create Race: Orcs" some sort of recap really needs to go along with introducing or making creatures.

alchemyprime
2008-08-16, 10:06 PM
Lupins are wolf people from Dragon Compendium.

I'm working on fixing the fluff for our world.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 10:06 PM
oop,s thank you for the catch. And the Duine are in the Home Brew section

The Shator and Quth Maren again, are in the FF. If you mean a full discription....the Quth at least have that, dead bodies with their skin ripped off.

Shator are big fat and gross "demons" from Carceri

tsuuga
2008-08-16, 10:13 PM
If you bring in something from a published source, put that source in the wiki entry. Seriously, people, make use of the wiki.

Also, what the heck is is baernoloth? I've found a few homebrews on the interwebs, ranging in CR from 8 to "42, and summons the souls of children you know to block your attacks".

Innis Cabal
2008-08-16, 10:14 PM
Baernaloth: The ancient progenitors of all other yugoloths.

They are....unpleasent. The stats on the offical Planescape website as far as i know are considered canon by WToC, that might have changed but pretty sure they are still the offical source of stats for anything found within planescape.

Though thats up to Draken, i recall him saying he was doing stats for them...

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-16, 10:20 PM
Any objection to my changing my hatred ability to a bonus against farspawn? I'm a bit messed up like that.

Replacing it with a combat ability probably would be a superior choice naturally, but hating things like itself is just too awesome to pass up :P

Copacetic
2008-08-16, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I should probably specific this, but Spoilers are only for those intended. Also, Tsuuga, could you claim the wrath domain for me pretty pwetty please?

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-16, 10:42 PM
Hey, I'm the one laying down the doom! Speaking of which, now I need to do a post where I lay down doom. It's probably strategically unsound, and will make me enemies. But what can I say, this is one of those dogs fetching hand grenades moments.

Also. I notice that there's no mention of a Light domain. Are we not using it? Because I kind of want it.

Faithless
2008-08-17, 12:04 AM
Whoah whoah whoah. I object to having avatars have their own ap. They are so gods can act on the mortal plane not a separate entity.

Rizban
2008-08-17, 12:06 AM
Yeah, that was already settled. Avatars don't get AP of their own.

Shmee
2008-08-17, 12:41 PM
I've got a question, considering that my deity has the domain of healing, I'm thinking of ways that my deity could confront other gods, however, I think threatening to heal them is not really that intimidating. Thats why I came up with a concept that my deity could do something of reverse healing, something like un-healing old wounds, if it makes sense. If I can't use this concept, I guess I'm going to have to think of something else then.

Faithless
2008-08-17, 12:51 PM
Lol. You mean like casting inflict wounds instead of cure wounds? Gods can do more than just their domain. Just because you are the god of healing doesn't mean you can't clock someone in the head with a mace or use any of your spells.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-17, 12:56 PM
Also, would I know if Harad was under attack?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-17, 12:58 PM
Its not being destroyed yet, so probably not

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-17, 01:04 PM
In that case, Haras might want to put out a distress call :P

Also, I did things with the "pestilence" action so that it could be countered. No one want to bother trying to save them? They really are forsaken.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-17, 01:24 PM
Well, we'll see how things play out. They wont be pretty thats for sure

AgentPaper
2008-08-17, 01:55 PM
I'm feeling pretty sick today. Got a good headache going, and such, and just feel crappy, so I'd appreciate it if we could hold off on any invasions until tomorrow. Sorry, but I'm just not up to any of this right now. :smallfrown:

Innis Cabal
2008-08-17, 01:59 PM
Been waiting for a response for like 2 weeks, another day wont hurt really :P

Hope you feel better

Shmee
2008-08-17, 04:31 PM
If in one of my character's monologues you see the color is changing, it means that they are mimicking another person's voice. For example, in my other post, Vincent mimics Amalthea's voice when it goes blue all of a sudden. I probably wont use it to mimic other gods though, since it might turn out confusing I guess.

Faithless
2008-08-17, 04:50 PM
ooo smoking on a forest plane = bad idea

Draken
2008-08-17, 04:56 PM
Why? The Carbon dioxide will feed the plan'ts photosynteshis (sp?).

Faithless
2008-08-17, 05:10 PM
The same carbon dioxide that'll feed them if he was just breathing :P and without the risk of burning down my home plane.

AgentPaper
2008-08-17, 05:31 PM
If it's your home plane, you can just rule that there are no fires. Poof, no fires. No smoking, either, actually...

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-17, 05:49 PM
Can anyone remember the name of that Gollum/Elf/Creature? I have plans for him, if Osric doesn't mind.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-17, 05:55 PM
Unless there was another Gollumish thing, it might have been Ind. In which case, you should be talking to me ^_^. Otherwise, forget all of that.

Oh, and I have plans for Ind too.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-17, 06:37 PM
Right, Ind, I remember now. Ok, never mind then, I'm fine.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-17, 06:52 PM
People need to stop doing things that may involve me when I'm gone.:smalltongue:

Can followers act out godly actions? Say Coberal is away, can she still spend AP to make artifacts, organizations, or mechanical populous with the Flameborn in the Godforge?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-17, 07:05 PM
well we didnt know you were gone gone now did we? :P

And no you dont have that sort of control on your home plane

tsuuga
2008-08-17, 07:17 PM
Osric? Mind? Depends on what you do with him =P.

Feel better, Agentpaper.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-17, 10:19 PM
We just hit 30 pages in the IC.

Faithless
2008-08-17, 10:23 PM
Now we're moving. The IC is starting to pick up again.

Lady Tialait
2008-08-17, 10:34 PM
Magnus V.S. Fiona...fun...I think this will test her strangth...oh

Enigma Burns..

Faithless
2008-08-17, 10:37 PM
Should my creatures in that area intervene or would you prefer not. I could mushroom people, ents, and Aegar in that region.

Edit: Nvm that. If Eul is going to war then so are my people.

Draken
2008-08-17, 10:42 PM
What's up with Eul?

And when did you make ents and mushroom people?

Faithless
2008-08-17, 10:59 PM
A few posts back. I just didnt do any rp for them because it was a long post. I just created a few plantlike creatures. I believe, Shriekers(ANd the other one), Mucinids and Ents.

Draken
2008-08-17, 11:01 PM
Oh. Right.

What was that about Eul going to was anyway? There is one npc in the glade.

Faithless
2008-08-17, 11:02 PM
I wasnt sure if Fiona wanted to handle it by herself.

DaBull
2008-08-18, 06:26 AM
Lulz, Vadin, you just got beaten to the library plane idea...

Ominous
2008-08-18, 09:19 AM
Most settings I mess around with have multiple deities with their own divine realms on any given plane. The way the rules are currently set up, I'm concerned that we're going to have a plane glut as most deities want their own plane to live on. Anyone else share this concern?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-18, 09:35 AM
I don't. We have several deities on the Shadow

Rizban
2008-08-18, 11:01 AM
I just finished updating the Wiki Index to include everything that has been created thus far.

http://loc.mornproductions.com/wikka.php?wakka=Index

MOST OF THE ITEMS DO NOT YET EXIST OR DESPERATELY NEED UPDATING
Please create/update the pages.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-18, 11:14 AM
There doesn't seem to be a page for Lycanthropes, and can you add a page for Holme/Trueholme?

Copacetic
2008-08-18, 11:18 AM
As Good of Elves and creator of the Druid and ranger class, can I have control over their wiki-space? Because right now the elves are Innis's and only you can edit the base classes, right?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-18, 11:21 AM
How do you create pages?

tsuuga
2008-08-18, 12:13 PM
Go to the url you want the page to be at (For example, http://loc.mornproductions.com/wikka.php?wakka=Holme), and click "Create Page"

Rizban
2008-08-18, 12:56 PM
Yeah, Frigs, I'll switch over ownership to you. The reason he has them is because he actually made the pages. Whoever makes the pages is set as the owner by default.

If someone else has made a page for your god/plane/whatever, PM me, and I'll get it switched over to you.

As far as editing goes, most pages should be open for editing by anyone who has access to edit the wiki at all. If you don't have wiki edit rights to any pages, then PM me so I can fix it.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-18, 01:13 PM
Rizban, if you could please add Isul to the list.

And i didnt beat anyone to the Knowledge Plane, as Somber is the owner of that god, i am playing her untill she returns.

Edit: Also, the forests came before the sun as well.

Rizban
2008-08-18, 01:24 PM
Also, where would Lycanthropes fall? Is it a specific race or a template?

Isul isn't a god, therefore, he's not on the list.

Faithless
2008-08-18, 01:31 PM
Guys a note. The elves DID NOT predate the trees. The trees were created in the fourth post ever of the game.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-18, 01:35 PM
Isul is a powerful mortal, on par with Fiona or Imak. Both of whom are on the page index

Vadin
2008-08-18, 02:24 PM
Lulz, Vadin, you just got beaten to the library plane idea...

Hm? I never wanted to create a library plane...? I just wanted a megalibrary on Tether in case something ever happened to the other library. And, wanting one, I made one quite a while ago.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-18, 02:30 PM
I just figured Sombirus needed a home plane, as the Void isnt that great a place to learn. A portal and how it functions, plus some entities from it will be comming soon

Rizban
2008-08-18, 02:34 PM
Fiona and Imak aren't on the index, nor are the Emissary of Sand or Ind. There are wiki pages for all but Ind, but they aren't on the Index. If you want to make a wiki page for Isul, then feel free to do so. But there's not an "NPCs" chapter on the index, so there's not a space for him, just as there's not a space on it for the other three.

Rizban
2008-08-18, 03:06 PM
Second major update of the Index today. First one was in content. This update is in form. The index was getting kind of large, so I thought I'd "trim it down" a bit to make it easier to use. Hope it works better.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-18, 04:20 PM
http://loc.mornproductions.com/wikka.php?wakka=Trueholme

Created a Holme/Trueholme page, work on the rest later.

Rizban
2008-08-18, 05:16 PM
The geography section is organized by location. It would also benefit the map that tsuuga maintains if you could say exactly where Holme is located on Ramua.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-18, 06:34 PM
I thought I already did that?

Ok, look at the map of Ramua. Do you see the two lakes to the east of the Sacred Glade? Holme is just to the North-east of the easternmost lake, bordering the mountains, the lake, and the forest.

Sadly, the Half-Elves aren't far. Hopefully they don't go on regular Shadowy excursions, or else it's booty-kicking time.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-18, 06:35 PM
No they arnt, and their are hateful of the gods, not stupid about them.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-18, 06:51 PM
Well, luckily Gwyn doesn't know much about what has happened since his birth, so he is only dimly aware of their presence and general location.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-18, 06:53 PM
They are generally unfriendly to godly powers, though Isul knows to not make them mad. After all, they are still gods. A polite "we dont need your help thank you" is probably the rudest thing a god will get

Vadin
2008-08-18, 07:16 PM
We'll find out soon enough, eh? :smallwink:

Innis Cabal
2008-08-18, 07:18 PM
Isul says "Bring it Godling"

His stats are up on the wiki btw. Hes a very powerful mortal, and already has plans of becoming a divinity. Would like to claim Tyranny for him if thats cool with everyone.

Vadin
2008-08-18, 07:29 PM
Godlings. A bit tougher to deal with than just one of us...

Innis Cabal
2008-08-18, 07:32 PM
Just one for a non-epic mortal....is more then enough

Copacetic
2008-08-18, 07:39 PM
Oh, Yeah, Tsuuga, I'm DR 8. Just a nit-pick.

DaBull
2008-08-18, 08:13 PM
Okay, on the crafting feats, apparently there have been some interpretive hangups in the creation of those feats that I counted as my teach populace...
apparently, rizban made a post for the eberron setting of these feats, and they are the standard default for these feats
being that i don't have enought time to look for it myself, I'll be sure to tie it up at the end... but those things should be easily discoverable, since the author is in-game...

thx much, plz pardon, albatrix is a newb at race creation...

also, dude, Maerok, your Slaad and my Scylgris are going to have to have a conversation sometime, just for the speech emphases...

P.S: plz click mah dragon, he is lonely, and is going to die soon...

Moose Fisher
2008-08-18, 08:30 PM
I must go, but I am pleased to announce that there is a Forged exchange program.

Forged will imprint on their teachers, so they can integrate 'easily' with any culture.
They're still robots, so there may be some issues.

Faithless
2008-08-18, 08:41 PM
Don't advertise your click ad here.

Vadin
2008-08-18, 09:03 PM
Feel free to drop some Forged on the Grin. It always needs more...everything. Races, classes, PrCs, stuff...everything. :smalltongue:

DaBull
2008-08-18, 09:08 PM
Yes, Loremaster. I was at a bit of a dilemma as to what class identification I would take at the beginning. I liked the strong base in the two basic forms of combat arts, giving him a round base to begin. But as I completed Eldritch Knight, and looking to take another prestige class as an alternative to more core class levels, if simply because they're more flavorful, I think I'll begin to take Albatrix through a class which concentrates more on the clandestine abilities of hidden knowledge, promoting simply overall wisdom as a strong character trait. Also, might just throw in some divination spells now that I know I had to take them at some point.

Sry about the click adding...

Rizban
2008-08-19, 01:13 PM
Fixed an issue with the new index code that caused minor issues in IE. This isn't due to a mistake in my coding but due to IE not supporting internet standards. It should function correctly now though. :smallannoyed:

Innis Cabal
2008-08-19, 02:06 PM
War were declared it seems

Edit: Agentpaper, you have untill this AP roll over untill the invasion starts. It will be three weeks and a little more.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-19, 04:39 PM
War is the H-word

Innis Cabal
2008-08-19, 04:44 PM
What is it good for

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-19, 04:46 PM
Two complimentary portfolio elements, one domain and a flameborn egg apparently.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-19, 04:47 PM
You make me sad

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-19, 04:51 PM
I know how the song goes - I just had to nip that in the bud.

So, I've got this egg and 1 AP for "create subrace". Does that mean I can create any sort of elemental demielemental quasihumanoid race (spiritfolk). I'm not limited to "Frostborn" am I? (Which...would be cool, I just have other plans)

Innis Cabal
2008-08-19, 04:52 PM
Think so, its up to you pretty sure

Faithless
2008-08-19, 06:01 PM
if you want to make some cold based spiritfolk thing you can use my spiritfolk as a base. That's fine.

Matar
2008-08-19, 07:10 PM
Ugh, I still need to Homebrew my little Custom Beholders ._.

Bugger =|

Vadin
2008-08-19, 07:49 PM
Vadin sees Judges in the homebrew section...FFT-style judges? Or better?

Also, how are you dividing the regions, Innis?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-19, 07:53 PM
Better, not armor clad(always), more....like traveling arbiters. I was tossing around what to name then and Judge just sorta sounded like the right thing to call them

As for regions...No idea honestly. Thats more of an in-game and fluff explaination. A regions might be half of one of the deserts while another might simply be Haradi or any of the other large cities. I guess pop. density will influence it.

And is a +3 LA appropriate, was gonna tack a +5 on them....