PDA

View Full Version : Lords of Creation, Thread 3

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Lady Tialait
2008-08-19, 08:03 PM
The Egg and AP was to create a subrace of flameborn...any you would like.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-19, 08:06 PM
Hahaha, "make some titles as you go along"

Vadin
2008-08-19, 08:08 PM
Better, not armor clad(always), more....like traveling arbiters. I was tossing around what to name then and Judge just sorta sounded like the right thing to call them

As for regions...No idea honestly. Thats more of an in-game and fluff explaination. A regions might be half of one of the deserts while another might simply be Haradi or any of the other large cities. I guess pop. density will influence it.

What would they be judging, exactly? Are they all-purpose agents of judicial settlement, keepers of the general peace, or regional anti-extraplanar warriors? Cause, really, any of those would add quite a bit of distinctiveness to the final setting.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-19, 08:13 PM
They are the mortal agents of general Law. There will be agents of Chaos, Evil, and Good as well made, but these are the ones stated first.

To really answer it...They serve all those functions if needed. Given time they can summon a small army of Qi that serve them willingly. They can come from any race made as of yet save for the Forged. So really in the end it will be up to what ever creature given the title of Judge feels it needs to do in the event they are needed.

If a Judge has to quell an army, protectors of the general peace, if they need to over see a land dispute they would attempt to over take the judical system in place, or if none is present, set one up.

Vadin
2008-08-19, 08:16 PM
Hmmmm...as always, feel free to use the Grin as a material plane launchpad/home base for Judges. The city remains mobile, fairly accepting, and in communication and trade with most other cities.

Lady Tialait
2008-08-19, 08:19 PM
Heh, I'm not sure who's plan is going better, Enigma's or Trandel's....

The world is in conflict with very little divine invention. And Fiona has been acting without any prompting according to her nature.

One point both sides.

Vadin
2008-08-19, 08:23 PM
The world is in conflict with very little divine invention.

Just another day or two...once Coberal, Calypso, and Osric get to the Grin, the Godparty will descend on the world and search for loot!...I mean...explore and see why everything in Ramua is going crazy all of a sudden!

Innis Cabal
2008-08-19, 08:24 PM
Just another day or two...once Coberal, Calypso, and Osric get to the Grin, the Godparty will descend on the world and search for loot!...I mean...explore and see why everything in Ramua is going crazy all of a sudden!

It is the will of Heaven that the scales of life are tilted.

Draken
2008-08-19, 09:48 PM
Hey Nefarion, I have a really important question for you.

You are a Warcraft fanboy aren't you?

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-19, 09:55 PM
The name huh? Actually it predates the same-named dragon. Nefarion Xid is just an anagram for my generic (old stand-by) RPG character name that I’ve had forever.

And like so many expectant fathers with dreams of raising future football stars...Lossethir is instead blessed with daughters

Innis Cabal
2008-08-19, 09:58 PM
That poor poor diefic soul

Draken
2008-08-19, 10:02 PM
I was refering to Jaina really.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-19, 10:07 PM
I thought it'd be a fun addition to the game. Instead of an obedient son who just wants to honor his father...he gets a bevy of strong willed, defiant, arrogant, haughty daughters. In short, they're just like him!...which is the last thing he wanted.

Stat-wise...I'm thinking they've probably got 10 HD as Outsiders (Air) and several levels split between Fighter and Rogue. They're definitely short of DR 0, but each on par with a powerful Balor.

Edit: Now the name "Jaina" comes from Jaina Solo...and all the Star Wars novels I read when I was young.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-19, 10:09 PM
Wow. So....a CR 20ish creature then. Woe be to the world when they start walking around

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-19, 10:18 PM
Be wary, ye future adventuring parties. You're better off facing an ancient dragon than a pissed off Valkyrie. Teenage girls may slam doors when their father doesn't let them have their way...Valyries take out their teenage angst on mountain sides...and armies.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-19, 10:29 PM
Hmm. I need to tell one of them that the cute boys they think are totally cool hates her guts then.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-19, 11:00 PM
Fluff writeup, crunch later. Will update the wiki...

The Valkyries are the unmistakable progeny of the Winter Lord. All female, pale skinned with powerful but comely builds, each with a different eye and hair color ranging from blue to silver to gold, black brown and one crimson. Each is garbed in ornate mithral plate armor and exquisite silk tunics. They favor different weapons, principally the greatsword, greatspear and longbow.

Operating as agents for their father, the Valkyries pose as mortal soldiers and serve in the ranks of armies that Lossethir favors for victory. However, they often simply aid whomever they choose and it's not uncommon for both sides of a conflict to have undercover Valkyries serving in their ranks due to sibling rivalry or outright defiance of their father. Warlords are wise to never dismiss a mysterious band of mercenaries on account of gender.

There are only ever seventeen Valkyrie. They are ageless and immortal unless slain. If killed, they are born again, fully formed, seventeen years later in their father's realm.

Rizban
2008-08-19, 11:19 PM
Definitely a sweet concept and much better than that other one you mentioned to me.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-20, 12:09 AM
I think the best part of it would be the inevitable Valkyrie impersonators...female warriors using the legend to garner respect.

A lone woman enters your camp the night before battle and offers to serve you...for a price. Is she a Valkyrie in disguise? Can you afford to take that chance?

Draken
2008-08-20, 12:14 AM
Send her alone on a mission to kill off an advance group of the enemy army.

a) she is fake, maybe kills one or two, and dies. One less impersonator.

b) she is the real stuff, obliterates the people with cold efficiency (no pun intended) and you have an ally that can wipe out hordes by herself.

c) she is the real stuff, does the job, is angry at the test and smites you with righteous wrath.

It's a two out of three win sittuation.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-20, 02:25 PM
In that case, I'm going to have to take advantage of this :P

"You! Weak little peasant girl. You want to be strong? All you have to do is pick up a spear and say you're a Valkyrie! Go forth and fight evil!"

"Uh, you sure? I'm not really all that strong."

"That doesn't matter! The strength of your cause will give you all the power you need!"

"If you say so mysterious voice!"

*a short time later*

"Oh no! Another mysterious person claiming to be a Valkyrie died! But it's okay, there's another one now that we're sure is real!"

Innis Cabal
2008-08-20, 02:25 PM
Ladies, gents, tommorow starts stage 2 of the war.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-20, 02:40 PM
Speaking of the war, I'm having a bit of trouble following the situation.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-20, 02:49 PM
Basically, Dla and Evadize are going to D-d-d-duel to figure out whether the various races of Evadize, or the Elves of Dla get custody of the forest, while Magnus fights the Shadar-Kai, the Chosen of the Desert retreating from battle, because I think they were only fighting because they were allied to Fiona, who is now floating in the desert, and being fetched by Xiau'Hi, who got there before I could...

Innis Cabal
2008-08-20, 02:50 PM
Luffen's avatar is eating its way up from below Haradi
Coin never came in
The Half Elves are massing a force, and trying to consolidate their power
The Srem and Shadar-Kai(Xiua's children) plus the Emissary of Sand, flameborn, and the Glade residents are fighting off Magnus and his flameborn
Dla and Evadize are going to duel, and all the other gods save for..well..Eul, Xam, The Destroyer and Xiua'hi(probably a couple other but the point remains) have weighed in on the situation. Regardless of havoc and high water....they're going through with it

That cover it?

And it is his home to. And he's not fond of company(unless its his brother...who he's sorta beholden to talk to.)

Shmee
2008-08-20, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the update, Innis, it can sometimes get a bit confusing, especially for one who came in late such as myself. >.<

Innis Cabal
2008-08-20, 03:14 PM
Been working on a giant sum up Shmee, so if you have any questions on whats going on send me a PM and i'll gladly give you the run down

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-20, 03:54 PM
Did Marda bugger off with Varr? Or is he still hanging around? No one's heard from Longarm for a while, but he's still here...

Well, at least Lossethir knows Longarm is around in that Jedi/Paranoid kind of way.

And the avatar of Luffen is attacking Haradi, right? But, no clue on where her actual godly form is...

tsuuga
2008-08-20, 04:33 PM
Longlimb is hanging out in [Unnamed], plane of secretions. (Seriously, ick.) He's busy transforming his sneaky-type humans into sleeper agents using the plane's corruptive properties... There'll be word on what they're up to soonish. Primarily because I haven't decided what they're up to yet. (Yeah, I'm slacking. I got into the WAR beta. :smallwink:)

Innis Cabal
2008-08-20, 04:51 PM
No one knows where Luffen is no. And there is an actual reason for that. Not that i can tell you. But he's still lurking around in his godly form. And yes, he is under Haradi as his avatar, tommorow marks the start of his emergance there in.

Shmee
2008-08-20, 05:04 PM
Damn, Tsuuga you are lucky! I'm counting the days till The Day of Reckoning :smallbiggrin:

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-20, 05:24 PM
Hi, I'm new to these forums but I was introduced by Vadin to this thread and was wondering if I could create a new god.

Name: Ferru'Dar the Iron Bodied
Played By Player: Fierywasabi231
(DR:6) Artificer 8/Knight 20
Symbol: A Broken Sword lying before a Mythril Helmet
Home: None thus far (currently in The Void)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Domains: Civilization, Law
Portfolio: Constructs
Favored Weapon: Dual Warhammers
Combat: Caster Level 8/Warrior level 20
My body as a Shield {A}: Ferru'Dar uses the nigh-indestructible fabric that composes his body to interpose attacks designated to his allies.
The Wall of the Colossus {D}
Body of the Ancients {D}
The Seven Hammer Dances {C}
Brief Description: Ferru'Dar originated from no singular god's activities or whims, but rather from the manifestation of the emotions that they feel when they observe their chosen races' advancements. When the first races were created, the skeletal frame of Ferru'Dar's divine body manifested in a remote corner of The Void. When individual races first worked together and formed communities, the threads of Ferru'Dar's divine muscles were woven together. When the various races first interacted and began to work together in mutual benefit, the divine metal skin of Ferru'Dar formed over his muscles. When the disagreements of races and the clashes of their niches brought forth large-scale war or genocide, the metal armor or Ferru'Dar surrounded his body. The confusion, sorrow, exuberation and other mixed feelings of the deities arose due to the large-scale conflicts of their races manifested into a divine spark which burst immediately within the shell of Ferru'Dar, coursing through his body and causing him to awaken. He arose in The Void, having no plane to call his home, and began observing the many races of the playground, contemplating on how to best advance civilization. He is not against taking sides of mortal races in order to further the cause of the advancement and preservation or civilization.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-20, 05:28 PM
it all looks good, save for the portfolio. I see where your getting at, but....just not feeling it. Construction, ya, contructs for civilization....no sorry.

Change that and ill review it again

Vadin
2008-08-20, 05:31 PM
Brief Description: Ferru'Dar originated from no singular god's activities or whims, but rather form the manifestation of the emotions that they feel when they observe their chosen races' advancements.

Sounds awfully familiar, Eugene...
That's almost exactly how Gliss' brief description starts out. :smalltongue:

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-20, 05:37 PM

That's how a LOT of gods came into being.

Vadin
2008-08-20, 05:40 PM
Quite. The wording was just so very similar, I felt compelled to mention it. And that's not saying it's a bad thing, mind you.

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-20, 05:47 PM
it all looks good, save for the portfolio. I see where your getting at, but....just not feeling it. Construction, ya, contructs for civilization....no sorry.

Change that and ill review it again
Alright, Thank you. I was thinking of going somewhere with the constructs later in the story, but that can wait >.>
*Ahem* anyway, here is the revised version.

Portfolio: Hierarchies
My body as a Shield {A}: Ferru'Dar uses the nigh-indestructible fabric that composes his body to interpose attacks designated to his allies.
The Great Wall of the Colossus {D}
Body of the Ancients {D}
Brief Description: Ferru'Dar originated from no singular god's activities or whims, but rather from the manifestation of the emotions that they feel when they observe their chosen races' advancements. When the first races were created, the skeletal frame of Ferru'Dar's divine body manifested in a remote corner of The Void. When individual races first worked together and formed communities, the threads of Ferru'Dar's divine muscles were woven together. When the various races first interacted and began to work together in mutual benefit, the divine metal skin of Ferru'Dar formed over his muscles. When the disagreements of races and the clashes of their niches brought forth large-scale war or genocide, the metal armor or Ferru'Dar surrounded his body. The confusion, sorrow, exuberation and other mixed feelings of the deities arose due to the large-scale conflicts of their races manifested into a divine spark which burst immediately within the shell of Ferru'Dar, coursing through his body and causing him to awaken. He arose in The Void, having no plane to call his home, and began observing the many races of the playground, contemplating on how to best advance civilization. He is not against taking sides of mortal races in order to further the cause of the advancement and preservation or civilization.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-20, 05:49 PM
Isul does not like The Destroyer. No sira.

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-20, 05:52 PM
Huh your right, weird >.>

Innis Cabal
2008-08-20, 06:00 PM
Alright, Thank you. I was thinking of going somewhere with the constructs later in the story, but that can wait >.>
*Ahem* anyway, here is the revised version.

Portfolio: Hierarchies
The Great Wall of the Colossus {D}
Body of the Ancients {D}

Much better, Vote+1

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-20, 06:02 PM
Much better, Vote+1

Exuberation!
Just two more *air pump*

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-20, 06:03 PM
Preface: Not insulting, just heavy critiquing.

I think that as the game progresses, new gods just need to have more spice. I like Ferru'Dar and it's an excellent write-up with a lot of forethought and effort; altogether without flaws. He's just sort of lacks something that really sets him apart, the je n'est sais quoi that makes someone say "I want THAT in my game". On the surface, he feels like a lot of other gods: Kaern, Haras, Urthadar, Lienad (granted, two of them are inactive). Male Lawful Neutral protectors of civilization we have.

Spontaneously generated gods are sort of wearing thin too. Having a lineage makes things much more interesting and just ties the story together more. Lossethir is still the only god with two parents...considering the current lack of female deities, this is understandable.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-20, 06:05 PM
Isul does not like The Destroyer. No sira.

Just as planned.

If I was a real magnificent bastard, I wouldn't tell him any of this. But, it needs to torment.

alchemyprime
2008-08-20, 06:07 PM
Huh...

We have too many "Hi, I'm new" type gods. I think we need to have a new godly lineage or continue the old one.

So say, see if COberal would beget Ferru'Dar. Or maybe Kaern. Just a thought.

Try to spice it up a bit. Then I'll approve if one other mod votes ya in, Fireywasabi.

Copacetic
2008-08-20, 06:14 PM
Huh...

We have too many "Hi, I'm new" type gods. I think we need to have a new godly lineage or continue the old one.

Try to spice it up a bit. Then I'll approve if one other mod votes ya in, Fireywasabi.

Seconded.effing ten character minimum.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-20, 06:17 PM
Preface: Not insulting, just heavy critiquing.

I think that as the game progresses, new gods just need to have more spice. I like Ferru'Dar and it's an excellent write-up with a lot of forethought and effort; altogether without flaws. He's just sort of lacks something that really sets him apart, the je n'est sais quoi that makes someone say "I want THAT in my game". On the surface, he feels like a lot of other gods: Kaern, Haras, Urthadar, Lienad (granted, two of them are inactive). Male Lawful Neutral protectors of civilization we have.

Spontaneously generated gods are sort of wearing thin too. Having a lineage makes things much more interesting and just ties the story together more. Lossethir is still the only god with two parents...considering the current lack of female deities, this is understandable.

We have....three, four when/if/(hopefully) Somber comes back.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-20, 06:19 PM
Topmost spoiler box, the Family Tree link...learn it, love it, use it.

There are 5 female deities...1 is dead, 1 is asexual. :smallconfused:

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-20, 06:19 PM
Yeah. I would say that spontaneously forming gods is something that should generally be for really far out stuff. And, we have plenty of things in the Cthulhu vein already. So, it should be reserved for things that are far out but not full of tentacled doom.

But, if it's regular, non tentacled doom I'd beget that sort of god. We could really use something like a Gruumsh (only without the baggage that comes along with all that anti Orc bias :P)

edit: And at least one of those female gods is a child.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-20, 06:22 PM
Oh, 6...1 is dead, 1 is metal, 1 is a child-god of martyrs, 1 is snoozing, 1 is all caught up in her work and 1 is a shrub.

Edit: Lossethir's daughters aren't goddesses, just very powerful outsiders on par with Solars and the like.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-20, 06:25 PM
Some-one gotta invent divine-mortal relationships, all Zeus-like.

Fierywasabi231
Umm, because the list of Gods in the wiki and on the front page do not specify which of the gods are goddesses, could you provide a list please?

alchemyprime
Damn... okay, that's it, we need more goddesses.

Hm...

Next Week Only: Beget God costs 1 less if the god begetted is a goddess! And if someone wants to use an evolve physically to become a woman... I'll send them some homebrew stuff I'm working on! I will homebrew a monster or class or PrC in their honor.

Sorry... I just want a bit more gender equallity...

Our pantheon is a bunch of sweaty old men... and kids... and chicks that may not be chicks.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-20, 06:28 PM
Seems like seducing mortal women requires an Avatar....

Female Deities: Sombrius, Teera, Nessius, Coberal, Almathea, Calypso

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-20, 06:29 PM
I was going to leave things as they were with the servant girl, leaving her healed, but apparently Shmee had something in mind. Wishing that I had killed her. I thought about it a bit, and realized that it would be in character for it ^_^. Cheapening Isul's efforts and all.

Also, while I was thinking that The Destroyer is genderless, it's tempting to say that it's both.

... Nah. Makes it creepier, but doesn't really fit it.

Copacetic
2008-08-20, 06:32 PM
Some-one gotta invent divine-mortal relationships, all Zeus-like.

And that is why I'm Rping Dla hitting on the Valkries. Yay more Children!

Next Week Only: Beget God costs 1 less if the god begetted is a goddess!

Is that Tommorrow or Next Thursday?

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-20, 06:34 PM
Of course, if I was a hir, I could hit on Purgameth.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-20, 06:34 PM
Tomorrow, from how I read it.

Oh, and Yay! You just made my job a lot easier!

alchemyprime
2008-08-20, 06:39 PM
Tommorow. 1st use of it for the week. Consecutive uses by the same player (or by giving other players your AP) will be at full price.

I just think we need some chicks. IC. OOC would be okay too, but not required.

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-20, 06:39 PM
Hmm, okay, how about this.
Lets say that Coberal created a suit of enchanted armor for a mortal warrior of great prestige and honor. The armor was one of her greatest creations however the warrior was slain by someone or other(I haven't read that much of the threads and wiki yet so I don't know the races, conflicts, wars, etc that have occurred thus far) and as a result she wanted to rid herself of the armor but it was so well crafted and heavily enchanted that she could not destroy it and therefore she cast the armor off into The Void. Then the emotions etc that I wrote about earlier formed the body of Ferru'Dar within the armor. Or I could integrate the warrior I talked about earlier with the creation of Ferru'Dar but I don't know of any such heroes.

alchemyprime
2008-08-20, 06:40 PM
Make it a lupin warrior.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-20, 06:42 PM
At least there's 100% less incest here than in the Greek Pantheon...

Edit: Wow, Alch used the terms "gender equallity" and "chicks" in the same breath.

Simone de'Bevoir is not pleased!

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-20, 06:43 PM
Ok, sure, is that a race because I can't find it in the wiki, or are they just simply wolf people.

Vadin
2008-08-20, 06:45 PM
OH. Did I hear a Beget Goddess discount? I was thinking that Gliss would take the domain, but...this works just as well, if not better.

Kree the Adventurous
Played by Vadin
[DR:1] Demigod, Warblade 18
Symbol: A greatsword
Home: The Guild headquarters on the Grin
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Domains: Travel, Good
Portfolio: Adventurers
Worshipers: Adventurers
Favored Weapon: Her mother's greatsword
Form: A bleached female elf with large skybeast wings in autumn colors
Combat Modifiers: Smashing Swipe {C}, Distraction! {A}

Breif Description: One of the Valkyries, Sophia, was travelling the material plane when she came upon the Grin. Enchanted with the prospect of a city full of strong, capable people far above the earth, she stayed for quite some time. Not too long after her arrival, word reached Gliss that a powerful woman had taken up residence in the city. Curious, Gliss visited. God and Valkyrie met, and fell madly, hopelessly in love. For a time, the two were inseperable. But, as beings of passion and air are wont to do, their loved waned, and the two seperated, Gliss returning to his duties as the guardian of the Grin and Sophia to the next battle. Their love was not without fruit, however. Before departing, Sophia left a baby on the doorstep of the Guild with two things: a shimmering greatsword and a note: Kree. Tryll Guildmaster took the child in and raised her to be brave and courageous, to know her past and the world around her, and to never stop exploring. And so it came to pass that Kree reached a certain age and inherited her divine right, becoming not simply Kree Guildmistress as the daughter of Tryll had been known before, but Kree the Bold. In the garb of a bleached elven woman with large autumn skybeast wings, Kree explores the world and aids wary adventurers in times of need.

And, as per Xam's offer, she would only cost 2 AP to create, yes?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-20, 06:45 PM
At least there's 100% less incest here than in the Greek Pantheon...

Pantheon of the Playground: No with more estrogen

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-20, 06:47 PM
Vadin: 4 AP, you still have to purchase the Travel domain

And that creation story would be all right with me.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-20, 06:48 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/Tebryn_Cabal/g7560.png

Xiua'hi: If you ever wondered what he looks like without trying to be impressive. Go druid levels.

Vadin
2008-08-20, 06:48 PM
Dang, that's right...and I only get 3 AP.

This presents a conundrum.

Btw, Lossethir, which Valkerie would you like for Gliss to sleep with? It's up to you, sir! :smallbiggrin:

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-20, 06:53 PM
I'm a deity, not a pimp!

Shortly, a number of the Valkyries will be dispatched to help Gliss search the land for remnant's of Varr's forces. Pick any one of them you like and I'll leave the details to you.

Edit: And Osric totally just copied Lossethir's look by tying feathers in his hair. He'll be very flattered.

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-20, 06:53 PM
Make it a lupin warrior.

What's a lupin, a wolf person? I can't find the race in the wiki so has it not been put into the wiki yet or is it something else that I'm not finding.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-20, 06:54 PM
We need to have some scary Valkyries too. The fact that they're beautiful only makes them even more of monsters.

Vadin
2008-08-20, 06:59 PM
Sophia it is! This won't take place until after the godventure, after the Guild has been established, so...yeah.

Speaking of Osric...1 demigod has arrived! And while Gliss is rather preoccupied! (Faithless, get back on the interbutts!) 2 more gods outstanding, one accounted for (fighting to save her homeland and whatnot) and one presumably busy for now. Hopefully they'll all be assembled by Thursday evening and we can get down to starting stuff then.

alchemyprime
2008-08-20, 07:00 PM
Wolf person that can smell a lycanthrope from a mile a way.

Okay, 90 feet down wind, but that's still good.

They are a hidden race of mounted warriors...

And by that, I mean I forgot to do anything to explain them past making them as a bid for Animal. But I'll work on it.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-20, 07:01 PM
Lupins are...just wolf-people. They're in the Dragon Compendium but I've got no information beyond that. Does this make Alch a bad person? Yes, yes it does.

Don't get discouraged if you seem to get ignored while we chat about...whatever. Just revamp, repost toss out some concepts and...hit people with sticks to get attention.

tsuuga
2008-08-20, 07:08 PM
Damn, Tsuuga you are lucky! I'm counting the days till The Day of Reckoning :smallbiggrin:I feel kinda bad... I'm actually not having that much fun. It's in all ways a better game than World of Warcraft, and Public quests are inspired, but... I love me some Final Fantasy XI.

Ferrudar, the well muscledYe got my vote. I believe with Alch, that makes 3. Welcome aboard! Kaern will totally beget you, by the way.[/quote]

Male Lawful Neutral protectors of civilization we have.Which means they'll all have their own pet civilizations and favored social contracts. That's provided plenty of room for drama in the Real World :smallbiggrin: And for the record, Kaern does not give two rat's butts about civilization. It's convenient, but unnecessary.

And I'll say it again (and probably put it in the first post): By default, every god should be begotten. Pulling yourself together out of spare godly energy/whatever is reserved for gods who can't find a parent by rollover. At this point, it should be almost entirely a mechanism to keep people from missing a week.

Next Week Only: Beget God costs 1 less if the god begetted is a goddess!Heh. Osric may find time for an affair with a mortal next week, maybe a capsin... And then we'd have our first Hero-god. Hero gods don't get domains, do they?

Or I could integrate the warrior I talked about earlier with the creation of Ferru'Dar but I don't know of any such heroes.Osric's been wearing the same suit of armor for, I think, at least six hundred years now. Only problem is that it wasn't made by Coberal, but one of her underlings.

Kree is fine with me, except she ought to have 18 levels, not 26 =P

Edit: And Osric totally just copied Lossethir's look by tying feathers in his hair. He'll be very flattered.I had forgotten about that. Bonus!

Shmee
2008-08-20, 07:08 PM
Huh...

Well, Coberal has promised to go out with Vincent for a drink already, so who knows where that date might end up?

Oh yeah also Amalthea is a kid at the moment, so probably not the most suitable candidate for our session of love matching.

As for the Greek god's and their whole thing with incest, lets just say that the Greek mythology we show to the world really is sugar coated, if people knew half the stuff said in the true versions of the myths, then... well lets just say a lot of mother's groups would question Disney making a cartoon about Hercules.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-20, 07:14 PM
Most of the people here probably know that Shmee :P

tsuuga
2008-08-20, 07:18 PM
I'm really tired of Disney bowlderizing the crap out of everything. C'mon, Herc, where's the man-love? Where's the murder sprees? The infanticide? I mean, I don't think he even killed the Nemean lion in the disney cartoon, and that was pretty much his signature battle.

Vadin
2008-08-20, 07:18 PM
Do Hero-Gods get domains? And how much do they cost to beget?

Shmee
2008-08-20, 07:20 PM
Actually he did, but it was during one of the music sequences. Incidentally, the Nemean lion really looked like Scar from the Lion King.:smalltongue:

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-20, 07:20 PM
I'm really tired of Disney bowlderizing the crap out of everything. C'mon, Herc, where's the man-love? Where's the murder sprees? The infanticide? I mean, I don't think he even killed the Nemean lion in the disney cartoon, and that was pretty much his signature battle.

Don't you know? Disney is one of those things that makes The Destroyer pause and say, "Damn. That's evil!"

tsuuga
2008-08-20, 07:22 PM
Yknow, that makes the cartoon even dumber! As I recall, the twelve labors was penance for killing his kids by Megara, and possibly her, too.

Shmee
2008-08-20, 07:24 PM
Hey at least the Disney version made Hades hilarious. (Regardless of the fact that he isn't supposed to be the arch villain) But if you want to see bastardization, watch the Hercules and Xena series! I actualy refuse to watch those shows, just because they are so wrong on so many levels that someone could write a PhD thesis on it.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-20, 07:27 PM
Hey, I like those :P Even if they are pretty wrong. Though compared to some of the crap out there, Herecules/Xena is practically faithful to the source material.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-20, 07:28 PM
One should ignore any game/media source citing a single eastern influence....for all the above reasons. Sure they are fun and a small waste of time. But....well....see above.

Rizban
2008-08-20, 07:34 PM
I just introduced the Kreen race, and the next day, someone wants to beget a god named "Kree"... I guess I might as well just beget a daughter named Bliss.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-20, 07:34 PM
I think Hero Gods are basically free, but have to be role played, like the Emissary of the Sand, Fiona, Isul...

The Valkyries are kind of a combined DR 0 deity. Individually, they're only as scary as a level 20 fighter, but together they're probably a match for a very lowly god.

Rizban
2008-08-20, 07:36 PM
You can call any NPC you control of significant importance a DR0 deity at no cost, but they do not gain AP.

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-20, 07:38 PM
Hmm, okay, how about this.
Coberal fell in love with a mortal warrior(possibly Lupin) of great prestige, honor, and morals created a suit of enchanted armor for him. The armor was one of her greatest creations however she spent one extra day making it by dipping it in some pool of magic or other magical location, or even created one,(The setting doesn't have any yet to my knowledge so I don't have much to work on) and the warrior was slain by some evil warrior, avatar or something because he refused to move from the rendezvous point while waiting for Coberal and her "gift". As a result she wanted to rid herself of the armor but it was so well crafted, heavily enchanted and interwoven with her emotions that she could not destroy it and therefore she cast the armor off into The Void.
Then, When the first races were created, the skeletal frame of Ferru'Dar's divine body manifested within the armor etc etc.
I like the idea of a god being formed from armor or some other kind of powerfully enchanted inanimate object and the emotions of the other gods manifested into a divine spark which would burst within the object and propagate into pure divine energy/magic. That's the kind of god I wanted to make but in a way, Ferru'Dar is the bastard child of Coborel and a warrior(lupin or otherwise). The specifics of this tale, myth or whatever can be worked out later, as long as it's okay with Moose Fisher.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-20, 07:41 PM
Works for me. I could even put a hand in it by sending the evil thing there to have the warrior killed. Since I'm a thing that loves a good tragedy. Lets say a Dragon of an appropriate color for the area.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-20, 07:43 PM
Nah...I don't think Coberal is the loving type. Doubt Moose would go for it either.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-20, 07:43 PM
Just a reminder to everyone, Isul is not at the glade. Thats Magnus, a villian of a whole 'nother color

tsuuga
2008-08-20, 07:55 PM
I've added Ferru'Dar to the gods list, you may post once you're begotten. That will ideally be sometime tomorrow.

Oh, and as much as I enjoy watching Ed get the snot beat out of him, this board does not allow animated avatars.

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-20, 07:57 PM
I feel kinda bad... I'm actually not having that much fun. It's in all ways a better game than World of Warcraft, and Public quests are inspired, but... I love me some Final Fantasy XI.

Ye got my vote. I believe with Alch, that makes 3. Welcome aboard! Kaern will totally beget you, by the way.

Which means they'll all have their own pet civilizations and favored social contracts. That's provided plenty of room for drama in the Real World :smallbiggrin: And for the record, Kaern does not give two rat's butts about civilization. It's convenient, but unnecessary.

And I'll say it again (and probably put it in the first post): By default, every god should be begotten. Pulling yourself together out of spare godly energy/whatever is reserved for gods who can't find a parent by rollover. At this point, it should be almost entirely a mechanism to keep people from missing a week.

Heh. Osric may find time for an affair with a mortal next week, maybe a capsin... And then we'd have our first Hero-god. Hero gods don't get domains, do they?

Osric's been wearing the same suit of armor for, I think, at least six hundred years now. Only problem is that it wasn't made by Coberal, but one of her underlings.

Kree is fine with me, except she ought to have 18 levels, not 26 =P

I had forgotten about that. Bonus![/QUOTE]
Ty for voting, yays I can do stuff tomorrow. I still need to work out the discrepancies in my origin story.

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-20, 07:58 PM
Ah damn, okay I'll change it TT.TT

Vadin
2008-08-20, 08:01 PM
A whole nother?

...seriously?

God english is weird.

Hmm...what with hero-gods being free and all, I think I'll go ahead and officially make Tryll a Hero-god. How else has he been alive since...two divine weeks after Gliss was born? :smalltongue:

Maybe the armor that Ferru is made from was an early experimental work of that one Flameborn, the one who invented crossbows. Not wanting Coberal to chastise her for another 'useless' invention for mortals, the flameborn left the armor in the Void. She always kept it in her mind, though, and used its loss as a focus, fueling her on to create bigger and better inventions, from crossbows to catapults to the mighty ballistas that mount the walls of the city of Haras. And, when her inventions began to be worshipped, and she received praise, she shrugged off the praise and stayed as humble as possible. The divine energy had to go somewhere, however. Coberal received the bulk of the worship, but some was siphoned off into the armor. In time, the armor was receiving so much praise intended for Coberal that it could refuse life no longer, and so sprang forth a god, the son of Coberal and a mortal flameborn.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-20, 08:02 PM
'nother, happy :P

Vadin
2008-08-20, 08:06 PM
Very :smallbiggrin:

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-20, 08:07 PM
A whole nother?

...seriously?

God english is weird.

Hmm...what with hero-gods being free and all, I think I'll go ahead and officially make Tryll a Hero-god. How else has he been alive since...two divine weeks after Gliss was born? :smalltongue:

Maybe the armor that Ferru is made from was an early experimental work of that one Flameborn, the one who invented crossbows. Not wanting Coberal to chastise her for another 'useless' invention for mortals, the flameborn left the armor in the Void. She always kept it in her mind, though, and used its loss as a focus, fueling her on to create bigger and better inventions, from crossbows to catapults to the mighty ballistas that mount the walls of the city of Haras. And, when her inventions began to be worshipped, and she received praise, she shrugged off the praise and stayed as humble as possible. The divine energy had to go somewhere, however. Coberal received the bulk of the worship, but some was siphoned off into the armor. In time, the armor was receiving so much praise intended for Coberal that it could refuse life no longer, and so sprang forth a god, the son of Coberal and a mortal flameborn.

That sounds good but we'll see eventually when I get to talk to Moose Fisher and if we ever get any better story ideas. I just thought that the love story was something the world was lacking and that would make the armor seem all the more epic. Meh

Rizban
2008-08-20, 08:25 PM
There's already a love story in progress. One of them is on the verge of death at the moment, and the other is desperately trying to save her.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-20, 08:26 PM
And there is a god standing there as well

Rizban
2008-08-20, 08:29 PM
Yeah, well, the conscious one is ignoring him and would probably attack him if he tried to intervene. He's so focused on one thing that the fact that the other is a god just wouldn't enter into the equation.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-20, 08:37 PM
I'd say thats probably not the greatest idea

Lady Tialait
2008-08-20, 08:39 PM
Fiona shall rise from her own ashes as a God in her own Right!...or something like that *winks at Rizban* Right?

Rizban
2008-08-20, 09:14 PM
Yes, something like that. :smallbiggrin:

Draken
2008-08-20, 09:24 PM
Ah... Let me see...

Seed the cult of the entropic lord. Check.
Raise ancient high priestess of the entropic lord. On progress.
Awake first deadborn. Check.

Time to do some evil.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-20, 10:41 PM
What does everything of the Tiefling? Seem balanced?

Shmee
2008-08-21, 12:24 AM
So, yeah woke up this morning, only to find out that I kinda messed up on my last post >.< Silly me, for a weird reason I mixed up Isul and the Warlord. To make things worst, I have no idea how to edit my post to make it correct, nor do I want to delete it because I rather like how it turned out. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Cause I really feel silly at the moment.

*Edit* Ok after getting a good night's sleep and actually re-reading all the posts, I believe I fixed my mistake. Hopefully I got it right this time.

Maerok
2008-08-21, 10:37 AM
Time for Eli to start thinking of himself (DR+). :smallbiggrin:

Maerok
2008-08-21, 11:15 AM
And...

"OH HAI!!!"
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f286/pwned101/eli_avatar.png

Copacetic
2008-08-21, 11:31 AM
And...

"OH HAI!!!"
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f286/pwned101/eli_avatar.png

Ha!

That's excelent.

tsuuga
2008-08-21, 12:25 PM
Click on the edit button next to the quote button that appears at the bottom of your own posts. That'll re-open the source of your post, make your changes. Then click preview to make sure you haven't lost anything. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: On Tielflings, I like 'em, but I've got questions on Broken Seal - What's the -4 to attacks due to? Nonproficiency or something? Also, as worded, the permission to gain multiattack from classes with multiattack on their bonus feat list is nearly worthless... I would instead word it that they may take multiattack feats instead of the equivalent two-weapon fighting feats.

alchemyprime
2008-08-21, 03:31 PM
HEre's where everyone is going to get pissed.

I gave Innis some free AP specifically for Make Planes and Mold Lands. Because I want the world to have more land before the Year ends.

BEcause I want there to be enough stuff in the CS that people can look at it and go "I want to put a campaign HERE!"

Plus he's goign to help me with some story stuff later.

And yes, if I like your ideas enough I may give you some help to get them in.

But this is just something that I know needs to get done.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-21, 04:18 PM
Well...what planes need to be made exactly?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 04:31 PM
The other 3 elemental planes for starters

AgentPaper
2008-08-21, 04:35 PM
Ok, finally available for more action. Sorry for the long wait, guys. What's going on now?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 04:37 PM
War is going on all over the place. THere is a sum up one page back

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-21, 04:37 PM
Give me free AP so I can make monsters, and a continent full of them. This is what I'd be doing already, but the war is taking up a lot of my resources.

Rizban
2008-08-21, 04:42 PM
Other than the other 3 elemental planes, we don't need more land. We need to further develop what is already there and write out information about the things that are already in existence. Simply adding more names to a list without write ups isn't exactly going to impress people.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-21, 04:46 PM
Well, in my case it kind of is. The continent I'm thinking of will be a savage and primal place. Full of gigantic and terrible things.

Sure, I can make gigantic terrible things and put them on the normal continents, but that might mess with civilization a smidge.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 04:47 PM
With 17(more...i think) and Ramua being well developed that leaves Xiau. One continent isnt going to last long with that many gods seeking to claim land for their faithful.

Also. I'd rather not have an Eberron set up for the planes. 13 is a nice number, and we have less then that. There are many possiblities for

The "outlands" are missing-and comming
The 3 other elemental planes are M.I.A
The Positive Energy Plane in essence exists but still sorta missing
We have the Etheral, Shadow, and the Astral(Webway). The Void in and off itself isnt really the Astral plane.
We have a plane for the dead

All other planes arn't -needed- but then again, more then one contienent isnt -needed- either.

The point remains, we have alot of players. Each with their own goals and desires. The War has taken alot of actions away from the gods, not just one or two, but all of them that are active. While its part of the story, there are some things that arnt where they need to be.

Rizban
2008-08-21, 04:49 PM
Question though, do we really need elemental planes? I mean, Chochin, the god of water is only DR1 and lives on Playground. There's not really a need for a plane of Elemental Water. We don't even currently have a god of Air, so we don't exactly need a plane of Elemental Air either. No one has created elementals, other than Enigma, so there's not really a need for elemental planes beyond fire. If Xiua'hi wants to make a plane of elemental earth, then he's free to do so. If he hasn't chosen to do so already, then he shouldn't be rewarded for not doing it.

If you just want more planes to exist, then decide what you want to exist and just create it. Xam is the creator god, not Xiua'hi. It makes FAR more sense for Xam to be the one making that kind of stuff. Really though, I don't think Xam has used his Creation domain past begetting the first few gods.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 04:54 PM
Xiua is actually the creation god. He's made the first race, actually, he was second to make life, and the only god still alive to bask in the glory of it. He has been the most active in making things for the world.

In the end, Alch ok'd it. No one really knows what the points are for, and none of them are for personal use. They are for the game world as a whole, which alot of my points have gone to save raising DR and gaining 1 domain and portfolio

AgentPaper
2008-08-21, 04:55 PM
Not seeing the summary...could you link it? Or at least tell me the page? Looked 2 pages back and didn't see it. Once I get that, I should be able to make a post later tonight.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 04:57 PM
Ok, so it was more like 4

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4749979&postcount=775

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-21, 04:58 PM
I would think, that free AP shouldn't be given out, unless it's being given out to everyone.

In fact, why not give everyone a smidgen. With the stipulation that it can't be used to further ones own interests. That is to say, it doesn't count as an action. Not for claiming domains, or requirements to raise AP.

Rizban
2008-08-21, 04:59 PM
I'm skeptical, due to the whole Life domain thing. That free AP was supposed to "help close the gap between our power and Varr's." Unfortunately, the gods that the free AP benefited weren't even there when the invasion occurred, and it was left up to a god that was begotten long after to singlehandedly defeat Varr in combat.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 05:01 PM
Evadize was there, and RPing in the IC really can't be accounted for. RP made Varr less of a threat, and two good rolls ultimatly saved the day. But the war is still going on, more so then it was had Varr stayed, as now we have godly infighting, which imho is far better.

Maerok
2008-08-21, 05:06 PM
"Solar Eternity = Astral Plane + Limbo + acid, on fire. Both shaken and stirred. Filled with Schrodinger's cat, dog, parakeet, and bear. All poured over whatever is, was, should be, and shouldn't have. Then left to simmer and served on a bed of whimsy with a side of cackling malice. $17.99, substitutions available on request. 20% gratuity for parties of 6 or more. Please be aware that uncooked insanity may lead to sickness."
-Dining In the Planes, Your Guide to Cuisine Across the Multiverse; by Ral-Szagga with foreword by the God of Sun and Passion ($15.99, amazon.com)

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 05:07 PM
"Solar Eternity = Astral Plane + Limbo + acid, on fire. Both shaken and stirred. Filled with Schrodinger's cat, dog, parakeet, and bear. All poured over whatever is, was, should be, and shouldn't have. Then left to simmer and served on a bed of whimsy with a side of cackling malice. $17.99, substitutions available on request. 20% gratuity for parties of 6 or more. Please be aware that uncooked insanity may lead to sickness."
-Dining In the Planes, Your Guide to Cuisine Across the Multiverse; by Ral-Szagga with foreword by the God of Sun and Passion ($15.99, amazon.com)

Awsome, book me a table for tommorow

Also, Alch has already asked the mods to step up and help him as he is booked RL.

And you want to get into it. The War pantheon didnt show up to fight Varr either.

The Mods are at the front of the page
Tialait, Draken, Alch, Tsuuga, Faithless, Pyre, and myself.

Most of them are busy. Its just a game. Calm down.

Jeriah
2008-08-21, 05:16 PM
And you want to get into it. The War pantheon didnt show up to fight Varr either.

Um... what? I'm pretty sure Lossethir was the one who bitchslapped Varr. Coberal was responsible for creating two of the three artifacts used in the battle. Klik'chak was there offering support and transferred an AP to Loss so he could gain that DCM. Cliktith doesn't count, because he's not that active, and I'm pretty sure Kaern was around too.

I'm also 100% certain that it's been stated in this thread at least twice that we're not a "War" pantheon. We're more akin to a police force. The Lawful deities in the pantheon decided not to act against Varr's forces until they started actually doing something other than talking. Visiting isn't a "crime." Lossethir, being the chaotic one (our version of Loki), jumped the gun and took over the challenge.

Seriously though, the AP thing is a bit whack. If it's "up to the moderators," then all the moderators should have gotten an AP or two, not just one.

Its just a game. Calm down.
Yeah, well, people tend to get upset when they expect a game to be fair, with everyone following the same rules, but find then certain players get special treatment. I agree with Xuincherguixe though, either everyone should get bonus AP or no one should.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 05:20 PM
Its not "for the mods". And i understand its stated as being a police force. But one god showing up, and asking to take the lead isnt the same thing. Its convinent.

I'm not attacknig any single person. I'll put it another way. Alch makes the rules. He made a ruling.

I have about 3 pages of things -i- have to do for the game. No one else has to spend their weekly AP on anything other then on what they want. Me? Ya i don't get the luxury of that.

Only Riz, and now you Jer have voiced a big problem on it. If you'd like, we can just make it disapper and i can actually start posting things id like to do in the game. Sound fair?

And Xuin didnt ask for everyone to get it, just him. Ill give him my 2 ap i get. Happy?

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-21, 05:20 PM
... Wait, how do you know about the Laughingman thing? I'm Xuincherguixe here.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 05:21 PM
Magic.

Xuin, this week, 2 AP more at roll over.

Jeriah
2008-08-21, 05:22 PM
Only Riz, and now you Jer have voiced a big problem on it. If you'd like, we can just make it disapper and i can actually start posting things id like to do in the game. Sound fair?

And Xuin didnt ask for everyone to get it, just him. Ill give him my 2 ap i get. Happy?

I would think, that free AP shouldn't be given out, unless it's being given out to everyone.

In fact, why not give everyone a smidgen. With the stipulation that it can't be used to further ones own interests. That is to say, it doesn't count as an action. Not for claiming domains, or requirements to raise AP.

I have to put text here. I can't post only quotes.

Edit:
... Wait, how do you know about the Laughingman thing? I'm Xuincherguixe here.
Riz sometimes copy/pastes some of the funnier things you've said in IMs, so I was thinking about your MSN display name at the time I was typing that.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 05:24 PM
Alright, i stand corrected.

The point still remains. Alch's thing. He can give AP to people, id like to direct you to where he said "run your idea's by me, and if i like them you'll get extra AP".

Its not FREE AP PARTY FOR EVERYONE. Its "Innis, do this this and this. here is the AP to do it, now do it"

People, read the whole post

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-21, 05:26 PM
I did just for me at first (mostly since I'm a god of monsters, and everyone likes monsters ^_^), but then I had pointed out to me that it's not especially fair if it's only one person.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 05:27 PM
Again, read the whole post. Its not free AP. Its not even a whole lot. Its 2 ap people. 2.

Jeriah
2008-08-21, 05:31 PM
Alright, i stand corrected.

The point still remains. Alch's thing. He can give AP to people, id like to direct you to where he said "run your idea's by me, and if i like them you'll get extra AP".I don't remember seeing that anywhere.

Its not FREE AP PARTY FOR EVERYONE. Its "Innis, do this this and this. here is the AP to do it, now do it"

People, if your going to complain, read the whole postYeah, well, if you've got a plan on how the AP is to be spent, that's one thing. The post just says "We needs moar stufz. Free AP 2 Innis!" As posted, it leaves you free to spend it in any way you see fit. If there is actually something specific that you're supposed to be spending it on, then you would have saved a hell of a lot of grief if you had just SAID THAT in the first place rather than trying to cop out with some sort of "I'm superior, so shut up" attitude.

Edit(You could have also just said "I'm getting 2 AP for doing X. That would have made the whole thing go away real fast. Try actually being forthright next time. Open honesty kills hostility real quick.)

Also, you better actually WRITE SOMETHING about it. It's stupid that people create all kinds of things but never flesh them out. I really like Tia's stuff, because she makes an attempt to give it some content. Shmee is really good at it too. Xuin makes things funny and "colorful." Many players just say "I create X" then leave it at that.

I know I've been a bit guilty of that, but I'm working on some write ups for the things I've added, and I'm about to start role playing the organization I created last week. I wanted to let a bit of time pass so that they could have time to "grow."

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 05:37 PM
I don't remember seeing that anywhere.

Yeah, well, if you've got a plan on how the AP is to be spent, that's one thing. The post just says "We needs moar stufz. Free AP 2 Innis!" As posted, it leaves you free to spend it in any way you see fit. If there is actually something specific that you're supposed to be spending it on, then you would have saved a hell of a lot of grief if you had just SAID THAT in the first place rather than trying to cop out with some sort of "I'm superior, so shut up" attitude.

Edit(You could have also just said "I'm getting 2 AP for doing X. That would have made the whole thing go away real fast. Try actually being forthright next time. Open honesty kills hostility real quick.)

Also, you better actually WRITE SOMETHING about it. It's stupid that people create all kinds of things but never flesh them out. I really like Tia's stuff, because she makes an attempt to give it some content. Shmee is really good at it too. Xuin makes things funny and "colorful." Many players just say "I create X" then leave it at that.

I know I've been a bit guilty of that, but I'm working on some write ups for the things I've added, and I'm about to start role playing the organization I created last week. I wanted to let a bit of time pass so that they could have time to "grow."

Quoted where he said it.

Second. Please please dont critizice how i play a game. Its more rude then anything.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84436

Linked on the first page of every OOC. Lots of fluff there.

Read whats been going on. Lots of Fluff starting. Point is. Not your characters, or AP.

Other then that. I've told you the AP is for a plan. Thats all that needs to be said. Like i said, i can actually start using the AP of my character for me. And my other character for me, instead of the game world. Any time. I'd love to.

Copacetic
2008-08-21, 05:39 PM
Jeriah, calm down. Jeebas, it's a whole two freaking AP. If you want some extra AP to spend, run it by Alch. Also, please take the time to read the entire post before replying.

Here's where everyone is going to get pissed.

I gave Innis some free AP specifically for Make Planes and Mold Lands. Because I want the world to have more land before the Year ends.

BEcause I want there to be enough stuff in the CS that people can look at it and go "I want to put a campaign HERE!"

Tarini
2008-08-21, 05:45 PM
i no! i came back after my vacation to the filipines(Im assuming i got the ao since i was accepted) and i see ppl r gettinf ree ap. and free stuff. not fare. whares my free stuff.

OUTRAFEOUS

Yeah, well, if you've got a plan on how the AP is to be spent, that's one thing. The post just says "We needs moar stufz. Free AP 2 Innis!" As posted, it leaves you free to spend it in any way you see fit. If there is actually something specific that you're supposed to be spending it on, then you would have saved a hell of a lot of grief if you had just SAID THAT in the first place rather than trying to cop out with some sort of "I'm superior, so shut up" attitude.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 05:45 PM
See the above. And welcome back

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-21, 05:50 PM
My only nitpick is that elemental planes really ought to be created by the appropriate elemental god. Alternatively, (and the way I presumed all other cosmologies to work) the elemental planes were always there and are fundamental to the existence of the material plane.

If you want a plane of Air, Earth and Water...just recton things and say they were always there.

Do they need to be there? Maybe...but I think that asserting that they need to be part of the de facto setting takes something away from the whole organic exercise.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 05:51 PM
I agree whole heartidly with that Nefarion. Like i said, i have 3 pages of crap to sort through for all this. But with no air god yet there wont be a plane of Air. And Chochin, while he has the domain Water, he is not in fact the god of elemental water.

And no, the elemental planes did not exist before playground. Just the Shadow, The Gray, and The Void

And no, we don't -need- them. Like i said we don't -need- alot of land, or any land. But elemental spells will be hard to explain without -something-

Also, there has been no talk about whats being planned. For all everyone knows the rest of the elemental planes could be a turtle.

Vadin
2008-08-21, 05:54 PM
But with no air god yet there wont be a plane of Air.

Give it time, give it time. I'm sure we'll have one eventually. If Lossethir doesn't get there first or another god doesn't get it, I might go for myself. Of course, that'll take a good three weeks or so, so theres plenty of time for other gods to get it first.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-21, 05:55 PM
Totally fair to say that Air-ness, Earth-ness and Water-ness are necessary or quintessential to the existence of the material plane in the first place...and that they, thus far, have simply remained undiscovered or locked to the playground gods; principally owing to the fact that there are no longer elemental Water or Air gods around to find them.

Domain-wise, I figured it'd make sense for Loss and Gliss to share Air. They're the North Wind and the South Wind.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 05:57 PM
I know that people plan on the air domain. It was just a point of reference. Everyone go crazy with their own AP. It is at the end of the day a game.

I just have plans of my own, but i can wait untill the world is fleshed out. The war really knocked me back

Copacetic
2008-08-21, 05:58 PM
Give it time, give it time. I'm sure we'll have one eventually. If Lossethir doesn't get there first or another god doesn't get it, I might go for myself. Of course, that'll take a good three weeks or so, so theres plenty of time for other gods to get it first.

I personaly plan on claiming it,(Storm god and all) but thats a Loooong way off, seeing as there's a War and other affairs draning all my AP.

Vadin
2008-08-21, 06:03 PM
I like the North Wind/South Wind thing. A very good duality.

Plus...airships. I've been planning on those since my I made the Grin (my...second week?). Where better for airships to be invented than way up in the sky, eh?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 06:04 PM
I really had a feeling you were going to make those. I have been waiting for like.....forever for you to make them.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-21, 06:04 PM
If the worry is that too much character development is going on and not enough world building is being done, then something akin to a universal economic stimulus package might be in order.

In the meanwhile, just clue us in on things. This is both a game and a world building exercise. I think people are only getting upset because they feel 'kept in the dark'.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 06:08 PM
Well, that was what the post was for i think. But remember, Alch and several of the other mods are overloaded at the moment. I understand the frustration, some things cant be explained. Though Alch put everything up in plain view on the AP. Its for Mold Land or Mold Plane. Nothing more or less. And that anyone with idea's he likes can be helped if the need comes around. I honestly think thats pretty fair.

For those gods going into elemental areas, im on MSN. Or you can PM me with anything. Even if its just for a thumbs up. I'm not really a soul sucking jerk :P

[email protected] for MSN, feel free to hit me up

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-21, 06:15 PM
I'll hold off on super continent for now. I think I'll use the 2 AP to make goblins. All the stinking... I guess we don't really have a lot of pink shinned things do we? Well, uh, I guess everything better watch out because these guys will have class levels :P I'm going to count them as a player race.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-21, 06:16 PM
Well, as for short-term stuff. I wanted to turn the Tears of Varr (the ice ring now formed around the planet) into the elemental Demi-plane of Ice and the personal realm of Lossethir. Since ice is a bastard element, I liked the idea of its plane being coterminous and adjacent to the material plane. Instead of the standard D&D explanation where Ice either what happens when the planes of Air and Water bleed into each other.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 06:16 PM
We don't have any...pink...raced things.....most run the black to red....

Vadin
2008-08-21, 06:27 PM

Don't forget various shades of brown!

And, lets see, things to do before airships:

Finish helping the Glade not get burned down (Free)
-Find and beat up Isul (Hopefully free- he's not a god yet, right?)
Create the Guild (3 AP)
-Have Sophia birth Kree (Either 0 AP if a herogod or 4 AP to become the god of adventurers)
-Create the Labyrinth (Either 3 of Gliss' AP or 3 of Kree's AP)
Get some Forged on the Grin (Free)
Get some Gnomes on the Grin (once they arrive) (Free)

Then, after all that (and probably a lot of other things too), spend the 3 points to Create Concept: Airship.

Rizban
2008-08-21, 06:32 PM
Kreen are pale yellowish... ok, they're "sand" colored.

Also, Vadin, are you really still planning to make a god named "Kree"? I still say you might want to pick another name.

Also remember that if you spend 0AP of a DR0 god, that god does not gain weekly AP.

Vadin
2008-08-21, 06:37 PM
Some other names...maybe...Kashma? Wenatrix?

Faithless
2008-08-21, 06:45 PM
Guild is 2ap. Organizations cost 2

Also dude. Respect people. If ANYONE goes treating people with lack of respect, then their actions wont be handled by LoC mods they'll be handled by gitp mods.

tsuuga
2008-08-21, 06:55 PM

Hey! Halflings! Also, dwarves are pale flesh-toned... under their coating of rock! >_>

Also; for clarity's sake, I'd prefer it if when Alch wants something done, he just says "Person X gets to create the plane of earth for free" or whatnot. It's a bit more specific than handing out AP, and wouldn't ratchet up people's counters for DR and whatnot. I'm sorry, but the bonus to Faithless' AP left a sour taste in my mouth... I mean, he spent it entirely on enhancing his own gods and making his own plane, and there was no explanation at the time. It's sensible if he was to be closing the power gap with Varr... but I had better see ya on the front lines, Faith =P

And yeah, Kaern was not present at the duel; he was guarding the fortress in the Burning Void(Does that thing have a name, even?). After all, he is the god of Endurance. He doesn't play offense very often =P

Actually, I think that it would be pretty cool (as well as undeniably fair), if when Alch wants something made, he has a contest. Give people a day to post up a proposed Plane of Linguine or whatever, then the next day, have people vote on it. Whoever gets the most votes gets to make it. Admittedly, for things like elemental planes, it's pretty darn clear who would make things, but for, say, new continents... All the losers now have a homebrew continent they want to put into the game, and may be tempted to spend AP to do it.

Also, I would be totally willing to have Kaern spend his own AP on that list of things what need doing. His to-do list is kind of lacking in content.

And, yeah. People, when you make something, either post your homebrew soonish, or direct people to the book it's from if it's not OGL. Speaking of which, the Bhut that Longlimb brought in are from the Fiend Folio, and Soulthieves are an incarnum homebrew rogue of Alch's that I would like him to disclose =P.

Edit: Also, I do feel kind of bad about leaving my dwarf settlements to rot... I'm planning to have them become seats of their own nation-states once the war is up, but for now they're basically just fortifications. Speaking of which, Darkholt is at least 90% deadborn at this point, I'll pass off control to Eul if he wants it.

Jeriah
2008-08-21, 06:56 PM
Yeah, sorry, I got upset over the thing about being told to drop it because it's just the way things are. I really hate being told to just sit down and shut up "because I said so."

The last bit wasn't directed at him specifically but at the everyone who makes something then never does anything but give it a name.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 06:58 PM
everything is up on the homebrew, plus things not even in the game yet.

I like your idea Tsuuga

And ya, i make things and leave them, but some things i just dont think need to be talked about a whole lot. Whats up with the moon? No ones been there....i sent the Hachi out to places and got nothing so :P there's that

The Half Elves have been active and fluffified. Everything else has as well for hte most part, and ya i should put where the monsters are from when i make one. Point still remains, if you dont like how someone posts, fine, keep it to yourself and deal with it.

But! its sorted out, all is well and right with the world. One hour for AP roll over. Be excited

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-21, 07:15 PM
Tsuuga has the right idea. If there's something that just needs to go in the game (whether by divine edict or just popular demand) then someone should get a "Creation Ticket" and not "Bonus AP". 6 of one, half a dozen of the other - maybe, but it certainly has a better connotation.

Ex: (Create Grilled Cheese Plane (Creation Ticket))

Of course, all such 'tickets' should only be used for A) Things that are overdue and B) Things just too brilliant to pass up (but the person who thought of it might not be playing the appropriate character to create/enact that idea)

And uh...C) Brew-off contests. Everyone gets to pitch a concept for the same "thing" and the best concept gets such a ticket.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 07:16 PM
Xiua'hi is the god of earth...who's more appropriate for making land mass's >.>

tsuuga
2008-08-21, 07:19 PM
Creation tickets are a good thing to call
em.

Speaking of halflings, since their creator god is dead... anyone want to adopt them? They've had literally nothing going on, except one time Alch used them in a simile. Where's the love? :smallwink:

Also, I'm about to send Alch a PM asking for an official ruling on "Genuine" AP0 gods; that is, ones you actually beget. RAW, only a DR1 god can beget them, is that intentional? Do they get a domain?

Edit: Nobody, Innis =P. Unless it's a themed land-mass... but yeah. I have no objection to you getting a ticket to plop down a new continent, especially since you gave away a crapton of AP last week =P

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-21, 07:19 PM
On the topic of the elemental planes, I have an idea to pitch.
The elemental planes are of course integral to the world, after all the world is composed primarily of the elements. However the elemental planes were not necessarily in existence when the playground was made, because the things composed of the elements were created in order to make the world but that does not necessarily mean that a plane composed entirely of the element exists so that these things may exist. However, that means that there is a finite amount of that material in the world. If the races use more gems or ore then was originally created when the playground was created, then they would of course run out. If too many fires were made, the oxygen would eventually run out as would the materials needed to make such fires. The same goes for everything else such as water, stone, etc. This meant that the gods had to continually renew the supply of these "elements" which were being used by the races of the playground. As civilization advanced, more resources were therefore used up at an ever accelerating rate and as such were continually tiring the gods due to continual renewals. Thus the gods made the "elemental planes" to be the source of all the "elements" that the playground needed. They expended massive amounts of energy in order to create a self-sustaining fusion reaction which produced a specific material, or element, not just energy. This solved the problem.

Just an idea.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-21, 07:21 PM
But it's perfect that the halflings were literally forgotten by the gods! No one's been keeping tabs on them because...everyone just flaked.

Edit: Innis is giving away a crapton of AP this week too...(heyo Strength domain!)

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 07:22 PM
Creation tickets are a good thing to call
em.

Speaking of halflings, since their creator god is dead... anyone want to adopt them? They've had literally nothing going on, except one time Alch used them in a simile. Where's the love? :smallwink:

Also, I'm about to send Alch a PM asking for an official ruling on "Genuine" AP0 gods; that is, ones you actually beget. RAW, only a DR1 god can beget them, is that intentional? Do they get a domain?

Edit: Nobody, Innis =P. Unless it's a themed land-mass... but yeah. I have no objection to you getting a ticket to plop down a new continent, especially since you gave away a crapton of AP last week =P

Np :P

And themed land mass's would be great!

I was going to make several island chains today, and Loss. Your still up for 4 AP tonight unless you already snagged victory. Let me know before Roll over

And really....there are several races that are toatlly forgotten....one of mine which i feel bad about but there are things in the works for them.

Ominous
2008-08-21, 07:22 PM
What about the idea of having planets serve as manifestation zones for planes, and having outer space serve as a sort of astral plane?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 07:23 PM
The Webway is Playgrounds Astral Plane.

The Void is....sorta the godly limbo

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-21, 07:24 PM
I am indeed still up for my reward of the Strength domain and Victory portfolio. I got Battle portfolio as a freebie from Alch.

Ominous
2008-08-21, 07:25 PM
The Webway is Playgrounds Astral Plane.

The Void is....sorta the godly limbo

We can't have two? I always saw the webway as sort of an Infinite Staircase type place, or maybe like Wheel of Time's Ways.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 07:26 PM
We can, but it would be rather...redundant? And according to Alch its the Astral plane, color pools and everything.

And alright Nefarion, 4 AP right at ya at the start of the roll over, just claim it and ill get to posting the sending of the AP

Shmee
2008-08-21, 07:27 PM
Sorry, but since I played WoW (For the Horde!) I've developed a pathological hatred towards gnomes which somehow became a hatred for other small races, such as halflings. (Dwarves don't count since they are cool) Also it didn't help the fact that every time I played a campaign there is at least one halfling rogue who ends up messing everything up.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 07:28 PM
Oh you'll love the gnomes of Playground then when they come.

Though years or gaming has made me hate them more then any other race. But im ok with ours....you'll see

Rizban
2008-08-21, 07:29 PM
Speaking of halflings, since their creator god is dead... anyone want to adopt them? They've had literally nothing going on, except one time Alch used them in a simile. Where's the love? :smallwink:I've mentioned them a few times, even gave one a name (though she was killed pretty quick...)

Also, I'm about to send Alch a PM asking for an official ruling on "Genuine" AP0 gods; that is, ones you actually beget. RAW, only a DR1 god can beget them, is that intentional? Do they get a domain?Alch told me once in an IM that AP0 gods that don't cost AP do not gain AP and do not have any domains. To beget an AP0 god, it's 3AP to beget -1AP for being DR0, so 2AP to beget. Begotten DR0 gods don't require a domain but are allowed to have one.

Edit: Nobody, Innis =P. Unless it's a themed land-mass... but yeah. I have no objection to you getting a ticket to plop down a new continent, especially since you gave away a crapton of AP last week =PWasn't a continent of "Nessia" or something created once, or am I totally crazy?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 07:29 PM
Its where the Hachi live. And Xiua made it.

Ominous
2008-08-21, 07:30 PM
We can, but it would be rather...redundant? And according to Alch its the Astral plane, color pools and everything.

And alright Nefarion, 4 AP right at ya at the start of the roll over, just claim it and ill get to posting the sending of the AP

Well an outer space astral planet wouldn't have color pools. Furthermore it would connect only to the manifestation zone planets. If a plane doesn't have a manifestation zone, it's not connected.

Rizban
2008-08-21, 07:31 PM
And the gem dragons too, right?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 07:32 PM
The Emerald, Crystal and Topaz gem dragons yes.

An update for them, they are making hives and just sorta leanring from the agents they sent out......heck like 6 weeks ago

Rizban
2008-08-21, 07:36 PM
And Vincent just disrobed in front of a child. Makes you wonder what the legal age is in Playground... :smallwink:

tsuuga
2008-08-21, 07:41 PM
Nessia is where, exactly? :smallconfused: I need to map it!

Alch told me once in an IM that AP0 gods that don't cost AP do not gain AP and do not have any domains. To beget an AP0 god, it's 3AP to beget -1AP for being DR0, so 2AP to beget. Begotten DR0 gods don't require a domain but are allowed to have one.

Thanks, Rizban, I'll use that as the working ruling, but I want to make him post it officially anyway. Can't construct a rules document out of hearsay, unfortunately =P.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 07:41 PM
The bottom of Ramua Tsuuga. Its not a very large island.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-21, 07:43 PM
Vincent. A role model for all of us!

tsuuga
2008-08-21, 07:45 PM
I... oh. That. :smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:

Well, um... I didn't just think that was a mapping artifact and neglect to put it in, no sirree... um.

So, I remember that it was mountainous... is it desert, temperate, tropical?

Oh, and as for planets being manifest zones, I'm inclined to say no planets. Alch is opposed to this turning into Spelljammer :smalltongue:. However, I'm working on rules to use to a sequel to LoC (I start early >_>), and I have yet to decided on a cosmology, so... hold on to hope!

Vadin
2008-08-21, 07:45 PM
Hey now, there are quite a few halflings in Tether. One of them even had a name and a blue dragon mount! Then, of course, he went and joined the Chosen of Sand and whatnot, but still...one of them mattered for awhile! :smalltongue:

[EDIT] OMG SEQUEL! No spoilers how this one ends!

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 07:50 PM
Its a giant mountain more or less Tsuuga, but covered in trees, and Hachi villages

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-21, 07:59 PM
Week 9 cometh

Will Varr return? Will Dla and Evadize finally slug it out? Will Lossethir skewer Gliss for hitting on his daughter?

Vadin
2008-08-21, 08:01 PM
Give Gliss another week. Lossethir will ahve a lot more to skewer him for than that!

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 08:03 PM
AP transfered.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-21, 08:23 PM
Did Ferru's creation story get hammered out yet?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 08:24 PM
No clue really

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-21, 08:25 PM
Nope, I've still been trying to get in contact with moose fisher.

Copacetic
2008-08-21, 08:27 PM
Week 9 cometh

Will Varr return? Will Dla and Evadize finally slug it out? Will Lossethir skewer Gliss for hitting on his daughter?

Oh Veck yes. I want to finish this already so I can move on bigger and better things. Namely, making some sort elf subrace with wings.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-21, 08:28 PM
Nope, I've still been trying to get in contact with moose fisher.

And constantly changing your avatar.......wasn't it just some guy with a red cloak like..5 seconds ago?

Then it was a guy with a bow and arrow! Now it's a ninja!

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-21, 08:29 PM
And constantly changing your avatar.......wasn't it just some guy with a red cloak like..5 seconds ago?

Lol sorry, I was looking at the different kinds of order of the stick avatars.

shadowxknight
2008-08-21, 09:30 PM
Arrgh curses, I didn't know attacking another god needed AP:smallsigh:

Anyone wanna lend me 3AP so I can go after Longlimb? I'll pay you back I promise:smallbiggrin:

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-21, 09:37 PM
There's a though...perhaps it costs too much AP to initiate divine combat. 3 is definitely prohibitive, and I guess it's supposed to be so that the pantheon isn't run amuck with backstabbing and quarreling, but maybe it's just a bit too much?

Edit: Of course, looks like Duels are an established way of doing battle without spending the 3 AP to attack.

Edit Edit: Now, why would the god of thieves want to get his hands dirty anyway? Surely he'd persuade someone else to do his dirty work

tsuuga
2008-08-21, 09:51 PM
Yes, but that's just roleplaying - if you want to hurt the other guy, they've got to let you.

Draken
2008-08-21, 09:52 PM
New Demigod(s).

The Dread Six
Played by Draken
Other title: The Six Fiendish Lords
Divine Rank 1
Class: Outsider 18 (full BAB, no special stuff)
Alignment: Neutral Evil, Neutral Evil, Neutral Evil, Neutral Evil, Neutral Evil and Neutral Evil
Home Plane: Void, will change next week.
Portfolio: Fiends
Domains: Greed, Evil
Favored Weapon: Claws (If you name your claws, get a life)
DCM: {H} Celestials.

History: The six baernoloths, Bane, Holocaust, Herr'ec, Hecatomb, Blaspheme and Brutallar, stole divine power from their unholy father to increase their own power, somewhat. The six hold no loyalty to each other, but know better than to bicker with each other in a world with so many more fitting targets.

On another subject. Muwahahahaha. Intermediate deity \o/

-------

Growl... Stupid internet died.

tsuuga
2008-08-21, 09:59 PM
Well... Thanks for bringing to my attention that bit of out-of-date text in the rules document... I didn't have it listed that you've got to pay for the domain for your begotten gods. Yikes. So, Draken... until you either share Death, give them Undeath, or buy Greed for them at 2 AP... the Six don't gain AP of their own, though they function like a demigod otherwise. Sorry >.<

Draken
2008-08-21, 10:08 PM
Bah. I will just use their two AP to buy that domain =P

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-21, 10:19 PM
...I see what you did there. (But seriously, since domain-less deities don't gain AP in the first place, they don't have AP to buy a domain)

What exactly are the rules on creating same-domain deities now? Is it acceptable to share, or do you have to give up domains...there was an awful lot of confusion about that earlier, and not too much clarity.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-21, 10:26 PM
I'm still alive... Writer's block is gripping me a bit.

I'm going to check the IC. If DaBull hasn't talked with Coberal, I'm moving her down to the Matieral Plane with a big box of constucts.

Also, is begetting 'free' now? I need to beget Fierywasabi indirectly.

Draken
2008-08-21, 10:34 PM
They came with one DR and the evil domain (innate alignment domain), so yea, I guess it can be done.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 10:36 PM
Alignment domains can be shared.

tsuuga
2008-08-21, 10:37 PM
...I see what you did there. (But seriously, since domain-less deities don't gain AP in the first place, they don't have AP to buy a domain)

What exactly are the rules on creating same-domain deities now? Is it acceptable to share, or do you have to give up domains...there was an awful lot of confusion about that earlier, and not too much clarity.

You have to give up the domain unless it is your primary domain, if I recall correctly. If it's your primary domain, you guys just both have the same primary, but you'd better not play the sub-god as an AP factory :smallyuk:

I'm still alive... Writer's block is gripping me a bit.

I'm going to check the IC. If DaBull hasn't talked with Coberal, I'm moving her down to the Matieral Plane with a big box of constucts.

Also, is begetting 'free' now? I need to beget Fierywasabi indirectly.

Begetting a new player is free, yes. This week only, begetting a female NPC god is 1 less AP.

Edit: Muhahahaha. I can't believe I just thought of that. Yay for frame-jobs!

Edit Again: Congrats to our first Intermediate Deity! I think it's actually time you started counting your actions, again, Drake! Also, you need to pick 2 more class levels and a new DCM.

alchemyprime
2008-08-21, 10:46 PM
Okay.

Time for me to get rid of arguements.

Tsuuga, write this down...

You can beget a new god for a new player for free.
You may create an AP less DR0 no domain god for free.
DR 0 gods only have an Alignment domain. Once they get their first plain domain, they hit DR 1 and start buying DR like the rest of us.
It is 2 AP to Duel, 3 to battle. Varr attacked, so he payed for it.
I have nothing against Spelljammer. I just assumed all of you did. I'd love for more planets.
Here's the deal with domains: Except for the Six Alignment domains, there are a maximum of three gods to a domain. One of these must have had that domain as thier starting domain. You cannot loose your starting domain. So Xiua'Hi will always be Earth, Enigma always Fire, Xam always Creation. HOWEVER, a starting domain can be given up. So Xiua'Hi could give up his Earth domain.
Overdeities do not count against the god limit for domains. So if Xiua'Hi reached Overdeity, he would no longer count against any domain for contesting.

So, yes, if Xam wanted to make a new Animal god, as long as there isn't already a starting one and another one, he can give new god X ANimal as a domain.

If say Gliss gained Animal, he and Xam could fight over who gets to keep it, or they could just let each other also be an Animal god.

Does that resolve your problems?

Draken
2008-08-21, 10:55 PM
What I meant up there was that my small demigod already had the innate evil domain, so I will *stab Tsuuga* before he forces me to break my mind more with this.

Anyway, Xiua'hi was an intermediate deity last week, so he was the first.

Add in 2 Incarnate and a {C} ability Tsuuga.

---------

Nothing against spelljammer here. I do want the "void as a space thing with planets as manifest zones". It was my suggestion long ago after all.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 10:58 PM
He sure was

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-21, 10:58 PM
So...if I wanted to raise the Valkyries to a communal demigod (DR 1) status with the Strength domain (which I have...as soon as I spend the AP on it)...and they're female.

That's...what, 2 AP?

Draken
2008-08-21, 11:07 PM
Yep. Pretty much.

Rizban
2008-08-21, 11:12 PM
Yeah, the community god thing was approved for us by Alch, so I guess it's ok to do. Tia and I had planned to make the Emissary of Sand and Fiona into a communal god of about DR 3 or 4, but we've since decided to create two gods sharing the same domain and having a "joint religion." I think there was a stipulation that communal god AP could only be spent if all members were there working together or something. That last bit might have just been something I thought up though...

Also, due to stupid interwebz not letting me post for like 2 hours, it looks like Draken might have beaten me to the Greed domain.

Edit: Asherah is a DR1 demigod, Magister 10/Spellthief 8, Caster 10/Striker 8.
If it's permitted, she has a {H} against anyone who tries to take something from her, especially if it's something she's recently stolen.

tsuuga
2008-08-21, 11:22 PM
Hush, my mind is unraveling. Updated the main rules post (and also the domains post) with Alch's new rulings.

Yes, this week only, it would cost you two AP to make the Valkyries a collective demigoddess with the strength domain.

And Draken hasn't technically beaten you to the Greed primary domain slot until he comes up with 2 more AP from somewhere.... :smalleek:. Again, sorry about that...

Edit: Oh, and one more thing. When you make some new land feature, it would be pretty freakin awesome of you to sketch it on the map in MSpaint or something, and then PM me a link to it. It makes my day when people do that :smallbiggrin:

Copacetic
2008-08-21, 11:31 PM
Well hmm, this is slightly embarrasing. I'm out of AP, and you need two to duel, by alchy's rule. So can we do this duel thingy or not?

Draken
2008-08-21, 11:35 PM

The yugoloths steal five AP from Eul and use it (make deity, gain domain)

pissed off Eul steals the two AP they gain and uses it along with his remaining AP to gain DR.

Now don't force me to edit things up just to make this small, pointless change or I will eat your soul.

----

Anyway.

Hahahahaha...

Neither Evadize nor Dla have AP to attack each other. lol

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-21, 11:36 PM
Hmmm....what are the rules on sharing portfolio elements? Are those totally unique?

Moose Fisher
2008-08-21, 11:39 PM
Looks like Dla and Evadize will have a staring contest until one gives up.

Isn't there a rule in 1e Oriental Adventures for that?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-21, 11:40 PM
Those are totally unique.

And yes, Iajutsu

Copacetic
2008-08-21, 11:41 PM
Can we just ignore this rule? Please? Just this once? To make everything simpler.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-21, 11:43 PM
Neither of them having the AP? Excellent. That serves my purposes. Mwa ha ha!

tsuuga
2008-08-21, 11:44 PM
You're free to roleplay a duel, and to roleplay the consequences, but the only enforcement is your honor - you'd both be totally free to welch.

Speaking of duels, what divine injuries are possible in a duel?

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-21, 11:46 PM
That's a good point...I suppose they can duel and even roll dice and apply their combat bonuses. But, no AP spent = no injuries

(Since the purpose of spending AP to attack a god seems to be to steal an artifact or get your domain back...)

Rizban
2008-08-21, 11:51 PM
I'm also pretty sure Dla is in the Void and Evadize is in Coirae, so... they can't even see each other. I guess the staring contest is out.

Tarini
2008-08-21, 11:52 PM
what a dumb fite

Moose Fisher
2008-08-21, 11:53 PM
I vote for the use of Iajutsu.

I think no 'physical' injuries should occur. Duels should decide who gets the shared domain, artifact, or fufill thier part of the terms given before the duel.

But you still need to spend AP.

Copacetic
2008-08-21, 11:54 PM
what a dumb fite

Hey now, watch yourself. I don't want to have to beat you up over the internet. That's right, I can deliver throat-crushing blows through broadband. What now?

Anywho, back to sanity.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-21, 11:57 PM
I hate sanity.

Also, I'm not entirely certain of this since it's been quite awhile since I've spent any AP on actions, but I think I have 9 AP. I hope that's right, because I'm going to have to spend an awful lot this week. I'm going to look over this a bit more.

edit: Nope, looks like only 8. Nevermind.

Tarini
2008-08-22, 12:04 AM
im going too make my intro post

tsuuga
2008-08-22, 12:06 AM
That's a good point...I suppose they can duel and even roll dice and apply their combat bonuses. But, no AP spent = no injuries

(Since the purpose of spending AP to attack a god seems to be to steal an artifact or get your domain back...)

It's also to enforce any of the injury penalties. You can RP duel a god 10 times a week till the end of year 3, and he won't lose a DR unless he wants to. Or you can spend 3 AP and force him to if he loses.

Copacetic
2008-08-22, 12:08 AM
Also, HA!* After trawling through a few dozen pages of fluff, I discovered that I have at least one
extra AP** from long ago. So, this combined with the one I have already, is enough to duel!

*see Also, AHAHAH!
I'll figure out how much excatly when I want my eyes to bleed and shrivel

Faithless
2008-08-22, 12:11 AM
lets do this. Ill chip in one. So go on. Hit me.

Edit: Also on Coirae. I'm not sure where the duel is. I have to check the duel statement i made a while ago.

Copacetic
2008-08-22, 12:14 AM
Okay, never-mind. We each chip in one, and you can forget the jibberish about roll-over AP.

And seeing as the Dice-roller hates me, I'll roll here. 2d6+14 And then I found a dice-rolling thread in the directory. Here is my roll. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4761040&postcount=3)

Faithless
2008-08-22, 12:30 AM
k i went back and checked. The fight's supposed to be on Coirae and i rolled a 2. :(

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-22, 12:31 AM
The Valkyries

Played By Nefarion Xid
[DR:1] Demigod, Fighter 10, Rogue 8
Symbol: Three women with spears, at profile, facing right
Home: The Playground
Alignment: (Varies, tends towards Chaotic Good) Clerics of all alignments may worship the Valkyries
Domains: Strength, Indifference
Portfolio: Valor
Favored Weapon: Greatsword
Combat: CR +4
DCMs: Fortune's Favor {A} The mere presence of the Valkyries can turn the tide of battle.
Angels of Battle {C} The Valkyries use their numbers to overwhelm more powerful foes, but their invidual prowess is not to be underestimated.

Tsuuga, mark up the Strength domain and Victory portfolio for me when you update the front page next. Please and thank you.

Copacetic
2008-08-22, 12:32 AM
Yay! I rolled a nine! My CR is 145 with combat ability, what's yours? Cause I think I win.:smallbiggrin:

Faithless
2008-08-22, 12:35 AM
Well i activated all my abilities.

2+11(Dr)+5(Bab)+1home plane+1 home ability+2{C} ability x2+3.5 Aid ability+.5 artifact+2 Hatred(Because you went and hit the glade as the start of the fight)=28 as my final result.

Copacetic
2008-08-22, 12:44 AM
Okay, wait. I think I might have done My Cr wrong. Okay, 9 DR+2 Artifacts+34 Levels in druids is 27 BAB/5 is 5+ One divine combat Modifier.(Which don't stack. Hint Hint) So, a total of 16.

2+11(Dr)+5(Bab)+1home plane+1 home ability+2{C} ability x2+3.5 Aid ability+.5 artifact+2 Hatred(Because you went and hit the glade as the start of the fight)=28 as my final result.

Bolded are "What? Where does that come from?"

Faithless
2008-08-22, 12:46 AM
k no problem. 2 is what i rolled. the {C} x 2 is because each {C} gives a +1. and I have two. Aid abilities can be used at half their amount when defending.

Tarini
2008-08-22, 12:47 AM
Well i activated all my abilities.

looks like cheat to me

edit: haha jk

Copacetic
2008-08-22, 12:49 AM
All divine Combat Modifiers do not Stack.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-22, 12:51 AM
Dla probably deserves to get beaten down for accepting the terms of the duel taking place on Evadize's home plane.

At least the idea of elves being banished from the forest is...well, pretty darn cool.

Edit: Doubt you'll get much done tonight. Better wait on Alch, Innis or Tsuuga to mediate and do the sorting.

Copacetic
2008-08-22, 12:52 AM
Dla probably deserves to get beaten down for accepting the terms of the duel taking place on Evadize's home plane.

At least the idea of elves being banished from the forest is...well, pretty darn cool.

Yeah... I didn't see that. Total D'uh Moment for me.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-22, 12:54 AM
Now that's the sort of advice you should have bugged Lossethir about...in addition to winter and battle...he's also the god of scrutinizing verbal contracts.

Coincidently, that's exactly why he'll be unsurprised when Varr pops in to say hello next...

Edit: If/When you get your butt handed to you, just role play it as hubris...seriously, elves getting kicked out of the forest is an awesome addition to the setting and lore!

Faithless
2008-08-22, 12:56 AM
Hehe. Yeah we'll wait for a ruling from Alch. I rolled the lowest possible number, it'd be a bummer if I won that round. But divinities like Dla and Evadize are at advantage when defending. Attacking really takes from your power.

Edit: I know! That's why I accepted the duel. Because we can shred the woodsy elf sterotype.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-22, 12:59 AM
Actually...litigation being as it is...the terms of the duel specified that none of Dla's creations may be within 5 leagues of a forest. And, Dla did not create the elves.

"If I win, you or any of your creations may never be within 5 leagues of a forest." - Evadize

Elves being banished is still way cool...but there is that loophole.

Copacetic
2008-08-22, 12:59 AM
Hehe. Yeah we'll wait for a ruling from Alch. I rolled the lowest possible number, it'd be a bummer if I won that round. But divinities like Dla and Evadize are at advantage when defending. Attacking really takes from your power.

Edit: I know! That's why I accepted the duel. Because we can shred the woodsy elf sterotype.

If I lose, I intend on shredding it even farther, than grinding it into dust. Forget Pale-skinned, woodsy elves, think Black as the night, Winged Elves! Veck Yes!

Draken
2008-08-22, 01:00 AM
We already took the friendly, diplomatic half elves, threw it in a blender and spat in the corpse.

Oh yea, Aids doesn't allow you to add half their power to your CR when defending, each Aid increases your CR by +1 when Defending.

How are your Aids faring friend?

EDIT: The elves are already black.

They are made of obsidian.

Faithless
2008-08-22, 01:02 AM
That's a rule that needs clarifying as that one I consulted with Alch. When that rule was written Divinities didnt get aid abilities, but it's +1 because +1 is half of the norm. Anyways we wont nitpick it till we can get Alch here.

Frigs if you make elves all night and vampire itll make them fit in well with your nightwolf theme.

Copacetic
2008-08-22, 01:11 AM
Yes, I know they are made of obsidian. That's already breaking one stereo-type. I intend to break a few more about elves before I'm done. :smallamused:

Another thing, why do you all things black have to be dull and depressing? I made the nightwolves because I wanted to make something unusual to ride to combat on. I want to make our dark-colored elves not drow-esque, but completely different.

Super-edit: I have the 1,000th post! Woo!