PDA

View Full Version : Lords of Creation, Thread 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Faithless
2008-08-22, 01:14 AM
Good. I hate drow. Not a bad concept but they have too many sterotypes by now.

AgentPaper
2008-08-22, 03:13 AM
Wow, I picked a bad time to get busy, somewhat sick, and overall not up to RP... :smalleek: Would someone else mind doing the actual RPing for Haras? I'll provide all the actions and stuff, and look it over, but I really just can't seem to do any roleplaying at all at the moment. The entire RP can be from the attackers PoV, even, and I just say what the defenders do, and the attackers see it, or whatever. Send me a PM to figure it out (I think it was just xiua attacking haradi before, but who knows how that's changed) since this thread is so damned busy all of a sudden. :smalltongue:

Shmee
2008-08-22, 04:03 AM
And Vincent just disrobed in front of a child. Makes you wonder what the legal age is in Playground... :smallwink:

Hey! He kept his pants on ok? I doubt there is anything wrong with an arrogant man showing off his body. (Its a good thing I refrained from calling him Father Vincent, I can only imagine the remarks then >.<) Plus, Vincent probably is in love with his reflection in the mirror anyway.

Also, I like reading novels about Drows, I find them to have a very interesting society. War of the Spider Queen was an amazing series, even if I was a bit disappointed in the end. But yeah, when people roleplay Drows it can end somewhat like this:

http://www.goblinscomic.com/d/20050711.html

Of course for me, the most interesting Elves are the Dark Elves from Warhammer.

tsuuga
2008-08-22, 06:37 AM
Drizzt has had entirely too much influence on D&D. Rangers don't dual wield because it makes sense, you know. They do it cause Drizzt did it.

And what's up with the middle one, anyway? That's not a drow, that's a halfling that took a 12-hour swim in self-tanning lotion.

tsuuga
2008-08-22, 06:48 AM
All divine Combat Modifiers do not Stack.Say what?!

That's a rule that needs clarifying as that one I consulted with Alch. When that rule was written Divinities didnt get aid abilities, but it's +1 because +1 is half of the norm. Anyways we wont nitpick it till we can get Alch here.Yep... either way can be justified, but RAW, Divinity's {A} is only worth 1 on defense. But yeah, since you two haven't posted IC yet, there's time for a ruling.

On another note; since Evadize not only accepted the duel, he spent AP on it, either both of you ought to count as defenders or neither of you do.

Also, Longlimb wants you, Dla! The Varr Invasion Corps needs more gods who can make promises entirely different from what people think they're promising! Go to exotic new places, meet interesting new gods, and kill em!

Shmee
2008-08-22, 09:27 AM
Join the evil alien pantheon they said! See the world they said!... I'd rather be sailing.

Maerok
2008-08-22, 10:57 AM
Posted the Ash Slaad on the homebrew thread; for all their variety, there isn't a definitive endgame CR 20 monster of a monster for the Slaadi.

DCM section is still sketchy. :/

Draken
2008-08-22, 11:28 AM
Or for the yugoloths.

Ultroloth: Cr 13. Wah?

Arcanaloth: CR 17. Wah? that thing barely deserves a 12.

Copacetic
2008-08-22, 11:50 AM
Say what?!

On another note; since Evadize not only accepted the duel, he spent AP on it, either both of you ought to count as defenders or neither of you do.

Also, Longlimb wants you, Dla! The Varr Invasion Corps needs more gods who can make promises entirely different from what people think they're promising! Go to exotic new places, meet interesting new gods, and kill em!

Yeah, it says so, first page.

Hatred: Choose something you hate, such as a concept, an element or a creature type. When fighting a deity of what you hate, you gain a +2 bonus to your CR. This must be a REASONABLE hatred. The suffix for a Hatred ability is {H}. Hatreds are always active. Hatred stacks with it self, and you can have multiples of the same hatred (such as Undead Hatred or Fire Hatred.) Hatreds stack with each other as well (so if you have Fire Hatred and Undead Hatred... well... you'll be cool against the God of Flaming Zombies...)

Defensive Ability: Name this ability based off of a defensive portfolio element or domain you possess. So a god of life would call this “Touch of Life” while a god of protection may call it “Divine shield”. If you do not initiate the conflict, you gain a +2 to CR. The suffix for a Defensive Ability is {D}. You may only use a defensive for 1 round. So you can use Touch of Life in Round 1, but you’d need to use another in Rounds 2 and 3.

Combat Ability: Name this ability something, like Divine Rage or Divine Strike. If you choose to use this ability, a once a week ability, you gain a +1 to your CR. The suffix for Combat Abilities are {C}. This ability lasts for all 3 rounds.

Aid Ability: A Helpful Ability adds to the amount you can Aid another deity in a conflict. For every Aid ability you have, like “Divine Music” or “Holy Aura”, add +2 to their CR when being an Ally. Aid abilities are followed by an {A}.
You can use help any ally without spending the Action Points to enter the combat, but you can only add points from your Aid abilities.
If you are the Defender in the combat, your own {A}s add 1 to your CR.

Offensive Ability: Name this ability something such as “First Strike” or “Divine Wind” or something cool. Add +2 to your CR when you initiate a conflict. All Offensive Abilities are followed by an {O}. You may only use an Offensive Ability for 1 round.

Home Field Advantage: If the deity's home is a location they created themselves using AP, the gain an additional ability, marked as {Home}. This functions as a {C} usable only while in this location. Deities gain +1 to CR while in a plane they rule; representing the aid of petitioners, the (typically) similar nature of the plane itself, and the use of Divine Morphism. Both these bonuses apply if the deity rules their home plane.

You gain DCMs based on your caste.
Herogods don’t have any except from class levels.
Demigods gain 1 for free.
Lesser deities gain 2 for free.
Intermediate deities have 3 for free.
Greater Deities have 5.
Overdeities have 7.

These numbers do not stack!
Also, I"m in favor of us both being defenders, since we kinda pooled AP to fight.:smallredface:

tsuuga
2008-08-22, 11:56 AM
The number of DCMS you get do not stack. You can use all the DCMs you want on one turn.

Edit: And to answer Maerok's questions in the IC thread, {A} DCMS explicity stack, and Duskblades do not count as casters because they only reach 5th level spells.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-22, 12:10 PM
Or for the yugoloths.

Ultroloth: Cr 13. Wah?

Arcanaloth: CR 17. Wah? that thing barely deserves a 12.

We talked about that. It makes no sense, Ultraloths used to be -tough-

And no on both defending. A duel has to have an agressor. Regarldess, this fight has started. Its not fair to either side to retcon. As i am agaisnt Retcon in general

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-22, 02:20 PM
The number of DCMS you get do not stack. You can use all the DCMs you want on one turn.

That was my reading of things as well.

Vadin
2008-08-22, 02:31 PM
Tialat- can it be assumed that the ever-so-sudden surge of well trained troops from the Grin, and the assault of all the Sky Knights (accompanied by three Valkyries), all buffed by an epic divine bard, is enough to turn the tide of battle in favor of the Glade against Magnus' forces?

And...four AP! A personal best!

Lady Tialait
2008-08-22, 04:03 PM
Tialat- can it be assumed that the ever-so-sudden surge of well trained troops from the Grin, and the assault of all the Sky Knights (accompanied by three Valkyries), all buffed by an epic divine bard, is enough to turn the tide of battle in favor of the Glade against Magnus' forces?

And...four AP! A personal best!

Magnus...needs Stats..But i'm busy (See lazy)...Can someone give him some stats, use the 3 AP Enigma gave to create him.

A Epic Bard Vs. A God...hmmmmm.....

Vadin
2008-08-22, 04:13 PM
Actually, its Osric +35 Valkyries (and maybe Coberal) against Magnus.

Gliss is against the mortal armies. Well, Gliss' forces are against the armies, and he's using his +5 Inspire Courage abilities on his and the Glade's forces. That whole being a god thing lets him sing straight to his followers, ignoring the chaos of battle and long distances and whatnot.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-22, 04:20 PM
Bwha...lousy connection, ate my post.

Gliss has five valkyries at his command right now.

Fun with genealogy: Gliss and Lossethir are first cousins once removed. So Gliss and Sophia are second cousins. The daughter of Sophia and Gliss would make Gliss' own daughter (and Lossethir's granddaughter)his second cousin once removed.

And Xam becomes a great great grandfather on both accounts.

Vadin
2008-08-22, 04:23 PM
Bwha...lousy connection, ate my post.

Gliss has five valkyries at his command right now.

Fun with genealogy: Gliss and Lossethir are first cousins once removed. So Gliss and Sophia are second cousins. The daughter of Sophia and Gliss would make Gliss' own daughter (and Lossethir's granddaughter)his second cousin once removed.

And Xam becomes a great great grandfather on both accounts.

5? OoooOOOooOOooh...I'll fix that.

And I wanted the mother to be a Valkyrie for that very reason. We didn't have enough freakydeaky god-stuff going on. Somebody had to fix that.

Lady Tialait
2008-08-22, 04:26 PM
Magnus's Forces have no General...Enigma decided to take Magnus home...(see newest Post)

Vadin
2008-08-22, 04:36 PM
Yeah...darn.

Can I get a question answered?

Will Magnus be coming back soon (as in, we should still prepare to fight him) or can we relegate him to a later threat and move on to 'finding' Isul and the half-elves?

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-22, 04:48 PM
Hmm...Chochin is...what the heck is Chochin? Is he just Xiua'Hi son? He was made from Ramus' bones...so, who does he call his father? Is Nesius related to him?

Jeriah
2008-08-22, 04:50 PM
That's a rule that needs clarifying as that one I consulted with Alch. When that rule was written Divinities didnt get aid abilities, but it's +1 because +1 is half of the norm. Anyways we wont nitpick it till we can get Alch here.

Frigs if you make elves all night and vampire itll make them fit in well with your nightwolf theme.

Divinities also may add an additional +1 per 5 levels to their allies when aiding. This counts as 1 Aid ability (Divinity).

Aid Ability: A Helpful Ability adds to the amount you can Aid another deity in a conflict. For every Aid ability you have, like “Divine Music” or “Holy Aura”, add +2 to their CR when being an Ally. Aid abilities are followed by an {A}.
You can use help any ally without spending the Action Points to enter the combat, but you can only add points from your Aid abilities.
If you are the Defender in the combat, your own {A}s add 1 to your CR.
It doesn't say "half" anywhere. It's prety bluntly, "This counts as 1 Aid ability" and "If you are the Defender in the combat, your own {A}s add 1 to your CR". That gives you a +1, not a +3.5 or whatever.

DCMs stack, the number you're permitted per caste does not. That's what that last bit is referring to.

Maerok
2008-08-22, 04:51 PM
Eli/Fiona/Magnus in trouble? Well, at least their father isn't the god of fire or any- oh. X_X

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-22, 04:56 PM
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2269/batmanmc0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Innis Cabal
2008-08-22, 05:04 PM
Chochim, while made by Xiua, calls Xam Father. HE is technically made up of Xiua and Ramus, so.....he is Xiua's....brother....

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-22, 05:08 PM
Well, let Rizban know if you want Chochin's location moved on the family tree.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-22, 05:10 PM
Its fine where it is. He really isnt part of the Moon/Sun pantheon. Only Elim has visited him as well. Not really sure how many people are aware of him to begin with

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-22, 05:23 PM
That's something cool that I hadn't noticed before. Three of the four lineages branching from Xam have dominion over one of the three celestial bodies. Xiua'Hi has the moon, Elimanishon has the sun and Lossethir has the ring (will have, soon as he actually makes it a realm).

Kaern, however, is of the mind that celestial bodies are not steadfast enough!

Innis Cabal
2008-08-22, 05:37 PM
Yep, more or less. Xam's children really have created a rather balanced order in the Playground, its the children of the elder gods that are corrupting it

Shmee
2008-08-22, 05:44 PM
Nefarion, that picture is epic on so many levels.

Maerok
2008-08-22, 05:49 PM
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2269/batmanmc0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

O_o I know someone who had that as a Facebook picture... Dun, dun, dunnnn. Hmm. Does SW: Resurrection mean anything to you? :smalltongue:

tsuuga
2008-08-22, 05:53 PM
Kaern, however, is of the mind that celestial bodies are not steadfast enough!

"The damn things won't stay put, you know."

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-22, 06:11 PM
Yes, yes it is epic.

And no, I don't have a facebook account...but this does mean that the government is out to get you, Maerok.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-22, 06:14 PM
Yep, more or less. Xam's children really have created a rather balanced order in the Playground, its the children of the elder gods that are corrupting it

We can't help it if your toys are fun to play with.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-22, 06:16 PM
Just put them away when your done. No one wants to be grounded.

Maerok
2008-08-22, 06:22 PM
Divine Ritalin?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-22, 06:24 PM
We don't have enough.

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-22, 07:42 PM
Ok, I'll just work out the exact details behind Ferru'Dar's origins later, but moose fisher agreed to indirectly beget him so I'll start rping I guess.
I have one question over AP though, Ferru'Dar was confirmed as a god prior to thursday but I was not begot until today so do I still have my 3AP?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-22, 07:45 PM
You start with 3 AP. Even if you were made before the roll over, all you get is 3 AP

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-22, 07:46 PM
You start with 3 AP. Even if you were made before the roll over, all you get is 3 AP

Ok thanks, I was just wondering if I started with it.

alchemyprime
2008-08-22, 08:20 PM
It doesn't say "half" anywhere. It's prety bluntly, "This counts as 1 Aid ability" and "If you are the Defender in the combat, your own {A}s add 1 to your CR". That gives you a +1, not a +3.5 or whatever.

DCMs stack, the number you're permitted per caste does not. That's what that last bit is referring to.

Okay...

If Aiding, you get the HUGE bonus from divinities. If not, you get +1. From now on.

There.

Also, change the following to Xam.

Add Webs to Portfolios.
Add Spider to Domains.
DR is now 8.

Okay. I'm good for the week.

Jeriah
2008-08-22, 08:30 PM
And with that, a single pearl fell to the deck of the ship, and imbued within it was the knowledge to pass safely through the Tears of VarrAren't the Tears of Varr in orbit around the planet? Or is it that the Zarier can traverse space now?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-22, 08:30 PM
So the fight is unchanged?

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/Tebryn_Cabal/07.jpg

Also, Evad^

And they can pass through the cold zone that lays between the Moon/Sun side and Noetrelding without the use of portals now.

Edit:Also Jeriah, you need to pick a portfolio for mentalism before you gain it as a domain

Edit Again: Since I seem to have written this more then once.

All gods must go through a 4 step process to gain a domain.

Step 1-3: Actions related to that domain
Step 4: Gain portfolio for the domain itself
Final Step: Gain domain

It is a 4+ AP thing.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-22, 08:39 PM
Gain Domain Adds a Domain to your list. You must have a related portfolio element, and have done three other divine actions relating to the desired domain. You must get the approval of a referee, as well. To advance to Intermediate deity status, you must have at least 3 domains. To advance to Greater, you must have at least 5. You can use any of the spells on your domain lists as an at-will SLA.
Gain Portfolio Element This is required to gain domains, and helps to flavor your deity.

Sorry for the double post. There are the rules for domain gaining

alchemyprime
2008-08-22, 08:49 PM
Hey, Jeriah: Get a nother Portfolio element for MEntalism. Too loose. But I'd let it slide as a bet for Mind or Spell.

Jeriah
2008-08-22, 08:51 PM
And they can pass through the cold zone that lays between the Moon/Sun side and Noetrelding without the use of portals now.The Tears of Varr is the name of the ice ring around the planet. Or at least, that's what Nefarion said IC when he made them, or at least that was my understanding of it.

Edit:Also Jeriah, you need to pick a portfolio for mentalism before you gain it as a domain

Edit Again: Since I seem to have written this more then once.

All gods must go through a 4 step process to gain a domain.

Step 1-3: Actions related to that domain
Step 4: Gain portfolio for the domain itself
Final Step: Gain domain

It is a 4+ AP thing.I took "Mental Discipline" last week, listed my three actions towards it, and paid for the domain. I don't see what the issue is?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-22, 08:55 PM
Ya, my bad on that, used to having to catch that, and not bothering to go through about....6 or 10 pages to double check.

And Chochin can call it what ever he wants really. Not everything has to be written out word for word.

alchemyprime
2008-08-22, 08:55 PM
Sorry, didn't catch that. It's cool Jeriah.

Jeriah
2008-08-22, 08:57 PM
Cliktith already took Mind, so I took Mentalism. It's the same concept though, just a slightly different domain spell list.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-22, 09:00 PM
Since Artifice is part of my portfolio should I change Coberal's Craft domain into Artifice, or are things ok as they are?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-22, 09:05 PM
Artifice is good enough for craft, it fits pretty well :P Your good Moose

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-22, 09:06 PM
Okay...
If Aiding, you get the HUGE bonus from divinities. If not, you get +1. From now on.

Alright, that was a bit confusing. Lets say for instance that a divinity aided both sides in the Evadise Dla fight, and lets say they have +3 worth of aid actions. Would they need to spend 2AP for it to take affect? If they don't, does that mean they would get +3, instead of +6?

edit: Psionics already exists, so you don't need to create it.

Jeriah
2008-08-22, 09:13 PM
You don't have to spend AP if you are only adding bonuses from your Aid abilities. You only pay AP to aid with your other stats.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-22, 09:21 PM
You don't have to spend AP if you are only adding bonuses from your Aid abilities. You only pay AP to aid with your other stats.

Yes, but something just changed. And... I'm not sure what it is.

Jeriah
2008-08-22, 09:25 PM
The bonus from Divinity class levels was clarified. Nothing mechanical actually changed.

tsuuga
2008-08-22, 11:03 PM
The way Divinity works has not changed. I have updated the DCMs post to more accurately reflect the way they work. In short; yes, they stack.

New Policy: PM me with the relevant information when you do something that requires updating the god list or domain list. I am, apparently, not very competent at ferreting that stuff out of the IC thread.

The domains post has been reformatted, it now shows slots, claims, and waiting lists all in one big table. Remember, you can click on the table headings to sort by that category. I've still got to add the valkyries and the genie-lady to the gods list.

Copacetic
2008-08-22, 11:05 PM
Okay, from the top, one last time. I lose, correct? Yay? nay?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-22, 11:07 PM
Ya, sorry Frigs

Copacetic
2008-08-22, 11:13 PM
Hmmm...... Me no think so.

2+11(Dr)+5(Bab)+1home plane+1 home ability+2{C} ability x2+3.5 Aid ability+.5 artifact+2 Hatred(Because you went and hit the glade as the start of the fight)=28 as my final result.

A few things.

1: Your DR is ten. Says so on the first page.
2: What's that Aid Ability bonus doing in there? There are no allies in this fight.
3: IF you have two Combat Abilites, you write 2{C} ability. Or {C} x2. Not 2{C} Ability x2. That's a total of four.

Right, Nit-pick done. And I have also set in stone my position in rules lawyer jerk history.:smallsigh:

Faithless
2008-08-22, 11:16 PM
It used to be 10. I jumped to 11 right before the fight. Aid can be added at half its value for the defender.

Edit: yeah the {C}s were still only counted as +1 each in the equation.

Maerok
2008-08-22, 11:27 PM
Can portfolio's work for multiple domains; e.g. the Spaghetti portfolio working toward the Noodle and Sauce domains?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-22, 11:29 PM
Portfolios are rather open ended ya. Your.....noodle domain needs stated.....

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-22, 11:36 PM
Wait, I was told that wasn't the case. That is, I couldn't use my violence portfolio for both destruction and suffering.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-22, 11:37 PM
You cant double up on portfolios no, but a single portfolio can have more then one option for a domain

Copacetic
2008-08-22, 11:42 PM
Okay, than, My CR=9(roll)+10(DR)+5(BAB)+1(DCM)+1(Artifact bonuses)=26

Evadize's CR=2+11+5+2+2+3.5+.5+2=26.

Well, what now?

Maerok
2008-08-22, 11:46 PM
Wait, I was told that wasn't the case. That is, I couldn't use my violence portfolio for both destruction and suffering.

Only the Destroyer... >.> :smallwink: :smallbiggrin:

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-22, 11:46 PM
That reminds me, here's a weird thought.

Could you use one portfolio to do double duty, if you have a useless portfolio. For instance, I plan on taking up art. Okay, that probably would work for a Suffering domain, but hypothetically lets say I wanted the Kitten domain. (Can't tell me those fuzzy little death balls aren't violent!)

It might get a bit weird otherwise. One might need to get a lot of related portfolios which, might not necessarily make sense for that particular god.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-22, 11:49 PM
No, portfolios do not do double duty.

Also, someone has to attack in the duel.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-22, 11:51 PM
Ah phooey.

And not necessarily. We could wait until one of them dies of old age. On in this case, until people stop worshiping one of them since they're too focused on the duel.

Copacetic
2008-08-22, 11:52 PM
No, portfolios do not do double duty.

Also, someone has to attack in the duel.

Yes, I did. Hence why he has defender bonuses.

tsuuga
2008-08-22, 11:55 PM
I believe what you are asking, Xuincherguixe, if is you just have to have at least as many portfolios as domains? No. You must have a portfolio for each domain. At least, as I understand it.

What now? What now is that you've got a tied round. Combat takes 3 rounds, so it may not end up mattering. If you're tied after 3 rounds, do sudden death rounds until someone comes out ahead. You can do combat like the Lossethir-Varr combat, where you post your rolls in-thread with a description, or you can work out the flow of the battle by rolling ahead of time in the dice roll thread, and just post the fluff afterwards.

Copacetic
2008-08-22, 11:58 PM
I thought we agreed on one round combat. Hmmm. Two rounds combat it is.

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 12:02 AM
Hey, I don't have any idea what you agreed. :smallyuk: I also didn't know you agreed Evadize was the defender... regardless, run another round. This ain't boxing, there's no time limit!

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 12:21 AM
As they say on MXC, get it on

Faithless
2008-08-23, 12:41 AM
My final result is still 28.

Draken
2008-08-23, 12:59 AM
Yea, Frigs got his math wrong, Faith has a 28.

Frigs.

F

Faithless
2008-08-23, 01:07 AM
woot. Evadize is the awesome. Awesome is the Evadize. Trees grow on money.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-23, 01:25 AM
The "Tears of Varr" does indeed refer to the orbiting ring of ice that surrounds the planet...like Saturn. It has a lop sided orbit so that it crosses the halfway mark of the northern hemisphere of the light side of the planet and the halfway mark of the southern hemisphere on the dark side.

What Innis meant to refer to would be the ring of icebergs and junk in the sea that encircles the planet along in the twilight zone between the light and dark sides.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 01:33 AM
I did indeed.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-23, 01:44 AM
I vote on "The Twilight Sea" to refer to that ring of (nearly impassable) icebergs.

The orbiting ring will have a new name when Lossethir claims it as his realm, but will still commonly be referred to as "The Tears"

From the ground, a mortal could only distinguish it as a blue-white line across the sky (thicker as you move north or south...and you can't see it at all if you're south of the equator). With a telescope, you can discern that it's actually composed of floating ice islands. (Okay, falling, technically...and whizzing around at some tens of thousands of miles per hour.)

Someone standing on an island in the ring would see the sun rise every hour as you swing around from the dark side of the planet...as long as it's still day on the playground. Observers on the ring would only get 6 hours total of sunlight each day. You'd have a view of the moon for 6 hours. And for 12 hours you see nothing but the dark, smooth side of the world and a swirling sea of stars.

Copacetic
2008-08-23, 01:48 AM

Frigs.

F

Oh Scheiße. *facepalm*

Right, I'll go delete My IC post.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 01:54 AM
I vote on "The Twilight Sea" to refer to that ring of (nearly impassable) icebergs.

The orbiting ring will have a new name when Lossethir claims it as his realm, but will still commonly be referred to as "The Tears"

From the ground, a mortal could only distinguish it as a blue-white line across the sky (thicker as you move north or south...and you can't see it at all if you're south of the equator). With a telescope, you can discern that it's actually composed of floating ice islands. (Okay, falling, technically...and whizzing around at some tens of thousands of miles per hour.)

Someone standing on an island in the ring would see the sun rise every hour as you swing around from the dark side of the planet...as long as it's still day on the playground. Observers on the ring would only get 6 hours total of sunlight each day. You'd have a view of the moon for 6 hours. And for 12 hours you see nothing but the dark, smooth side of the world and a swirling sea of stars.

Well, that would be yours and Chochin's area, and i like the name of it. So i vote yes.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-23, 02:11 AM
I like our cosmology more and more...

There's actually an end of the world if you sail far enough in any direction...except instead of falling off, you just find your way blocked by an endless sea of ice. Thankfully, sailors in the northern hemisphere can always tell which way is north just by looking at the giant ring of ice in the sky.

Question though, what sort of force prevents the entire dark side of the planet from freezing over?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 02:14 AM
Chochin's mist. And Zarier can pass through it now, and of course, for a price, help others through.

The Mist is his breath, so as you get away from the heat of the sun, the lingering heat of his beath meets in the middle. I had plans on making some volcanic mountains around there as well next week

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-23, 08:45 AM
Oh Scheiße. *facepalm*

Actually I believe that you still win, his CR is 25.5 b/c aids only add 1 point to your CR when you're defending, look it up on the first page. Thus you win my friend.

Lady Tialait
2008-08-23, 08:48 AM
Actually I believe that you still win, his CR is 25.5 b/c aids only add 1 point to your CR when you're defending, look it up on the first page. Thus you win my friend.

I don't think so, 2 or 3 Mods said Evadize won... Prof. Frosthands doesn't like to give 2 Fs in the same day..

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-23, 09:06 AM
I'm just saying that Faithless' original argument for the +3.5 was this:

That's a rule that needs clarifying as that one I consulted with Alch. When that rule was written Divinities didnt get aid abilities, but it's +1 because +1 is half of the norm. Anyways we wont nitpick it till we can get Alch here.

Frigs if you make elves all night and vampire itll make them fit in well with your nightwolf theme.
However Alch stated this:

Okay...

There.

Also, change the following to Xam.

Add Webs to Portfolios.
Add Spider to Domains.
DR is now 8.

Okay. I'm good for the week.
So therefore Evadize's CR should be 25.5

2(roll) + 11(Dr) + 5(Bab) + 1(home plane) + 1 (home ability) + 2{C}(ability x2) + 3.51 (Aid ability) + .5 (artifact) + 2(Hatred)=25.5

Sorry for being a rules lawyer, but just saying.
2 or 3 mods did say that Evadize won, but they're busy people and probably overlooked the details of the fight because based on Alch's ruling, Evadize should have lost.

Shmee
2008-08-23, 09:15 AM
Ugh, numbers give me a headache.

Anyway, I have a question, I want to create a new organization which at the same time allows me to create a prestige class. In my case, I want to introduce a monk prestige class, but I think that I need to use Teach Populace on how to use Martial Arts first. (Cause its going to play a major part in the organization) Now I don't want to spend all my AP in one day, so my question is, can I create the organization today, and say a few days later, introduce the prestige class? Or must I create the prestige class at the same time that the organization is created?

Ominous
2008-08-23, 10:21 AM
Are there any prequisites to take a portfolio?

Copacetic
2008-08-23, 10:37 AM
Ugh, numbers give me a headache.

Anyway, I have a question, I want to create a new organization which at the same time allows me to create a prestige class. In my case, I want to introduce a monk prestige class, but I think that I need to use Teach Populace on how to use Martial Arts first. (Cause its going to play a major part in the organization) Now I don't want to spend all my AP in one day, so my question is, can I create the organization today, and say a few days later, introduce the prestige class? Or must I create the prestige class at the same time that the organization is created?

No, you can spend the two AP and create the prestige class AND the organization. Well, that's my understanding of the rules, and they have been proved somewhat out-of-date by this duel.

And no, no prequisites to gaining a portfolio element.

Ominous
2008-08-23, 10:43 AM
And no, no prequisites to gaining a portfolio element.

Thank you. That makes things a bit easier.

EDIT - Would someone please check my IC post, and tell me if I screwed up my AP expenditures?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 01:16 PM
Faith's math is right, he got a 28

Yes you can make a PrC and an organization. Remember everyone, there are rules for making things on the front page.

Going to check your AP spending now Ominus

Edit: Ok Ominus, only question is, did you evolve with your first AP?

Ominous
2008-08-23, 01:41 PM
Going to check your AP spending now Ominus

Edit: Ok Ominus, only question is, did you evolve with your first AP?

Yes, I did.

shadowxknight
2008-08-23, 01:43 PM
hey tsuuga, was Longlimb talking to himself or did he send a message to Dirije :smallredface:
Just wanted to make sure before I post.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 01:44 PM
Yes, I did.

Looks good then

Faithless
2008-08-23, 01:51 PM
lol if we want to examine ALch's words to the letter. the huge bonus from divinities is my full +7. Trust me on this when I say it's half. I made up most of that combat system -_-.

Maerok
2008-08-23, 02:24 PM
Dla: Fight the system! Don't let numbers keep you down!!! :smallbiggrin:

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 02:29 PM
Hush you, Noodle Domain now!

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 02:35 PM
2 or 3 mods did say that Evadize won, but they're busy people and probably overlooked the details of the fight because based on Alch's ruling, Evadize should have lost.Alch did say from now on, meaning he was allowing Faith to take the 3.5 in that one instance. From now on, even a 10 point divinity bonus only gets you 1 on defense.

hey tsuuga, was Longlimb talking to himself or did he send a message to Dirije :smallredface:
Just wanted to make sure before I post.Blah. I should have specified, but Longlimb came to you =P. Shows what I get for posting while tired...

Rizban
2008-08-23, 02:36 PM

Well, what now?

Evadize's CR=2+11+5+2+2+1+.5+2=25.5

Divinity is +1 on defense, not +half.

Frigs won that first bout by 0.5 CR.

Okay...

There.

Edit: Eh, ninjaed by tsuuga. I still think it's pretty chicken to claim the win based on "I didn't understand that" and "I made it up!" even though the rules as written said differently and alch backed up what was already written. I've been told not to point out cheating or fudging of the rules anymore though, so feel free to do whatever you want.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 02:39 PM
Alch did say from now on, meaning he was allowing Faith to take the 3.5 in that one instance. From now on, even a 10 point divinity bonus only gets you 1 on defense.

Blah. I should have specified, but Longlimb came to you =P. Shows what I get for posting while tired...

no, the new rules take effect after this.

Even then, Evadize was at 28, not 26, so it would still be 27.5

Maerok
2008-08-23, 02:40 PM
Hush you, Noodle Domain now!

Actualize radishes greenly! Join Team Chaos!!! Haz noodlez.

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-23, 02:56 PM
I don't see how Faithless won based off a rule that was not only not in place, but not even written. Meh, whatever.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 03:00 PM
The argument was done, Evadize had a 28, Frigs had a 26.

I'd have prefered no one fought, but oh well, its the point of the game.

If 20 some levels of divinity count as a single +1 that needs changed, as that would make them weaker then any other class. Even if its a secondary ability, picking your damage out of a list of wounds is not a great power. Its akin to saying "well im going to get shot somewhere, might as well get shot in the arm as opposed to the leg"

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-23, 03:00 PM
no, the new rules take effect after this.

Even then, Evadize was at 28, not 26, so it would still be 27.5

No, 3.5-1 is 2.5. 28-2.5 is 25.5. If you doubt that then you can look at both my calculations and Rizbans.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 03:04 PM

Frigs.

F

There you go. Both Tsuuga and Draken did it as well. And Frigs deleted his post.

Oh Scheiße. *facepalm*

for the quote in question.

Edit: No ones here to screw people over :P. The point -was- resolved.

Rizban
2008-08-23, 03:16 PM

If 20 some levels of divinity count as a single +1 that needs changed, as that would make them weaker then any other class. Even if its a secondary ability, picking your damage out of a list of wounds is not a great power. Its akin to saying "well im going to get shot somewhere, might as well get shot in the arm as opposed to the leg"
Divinity is the "support" role. It's intentionally weak in 1 v 1 combat. That was the plan when that was figured up. The Aid ability of it was added because it was a bit too weak, but it's still a support role, not a front lines fighter.

If it's strengthened in 1v1 combat, then it needs to either lose the injury ability or the aid ability, otherwise it'll be stronger than the other classes.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 03:17 PM
Then take out one. There is no "support" in one on one combat. If a single class is supposed to be weaker in combat then every one else's benifits need to be taken down a notch. This isnt a party v party game. Its a god v god game. Everyone class should be balanced to single combat, as the other three are.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-23, 03:18 PM
I posted in the wrong thread.

If one lends AP to someone, does it count as an action for you? What about the person it was lent too?

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-23, 03:19 PM

It makes them weaker in their own fights, but when aiding other people their aid power is pretty powerful. Divinities tend to be support classes so it makes sense that they have aid based abilities and if you compare it to a warrior who choses to pick aid abilities, divinities have equal or more aid bonus(depending on the multiple of 5) but less points in their own combats. Plus they have the additional injury ability which is an added bonus and makes sense because divines heal. When compared to warriors, they're more or less equal.

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-23, 03:20 PM

If one lends AP to someone, does it count as an action for you? What about the person it was lent too?

By my understanding of the rules, if you get it back from the person you lent it to, it shouldn't count b/c you didn't expend AP to do it.

Faithless
2008-08-23, 03:30 PM
If we want to argue this I argue that Dla can't use his defense DCM.

Divinity is the "support" role. It's intentionally weak in 1 v 1 combat. That was the plan when that was figured up. The Aid ability of it was added because it was a bit too weak, but it's still a support role, not a front lines fighter.

If it's strengthened in 1v1 combat, then it needs to either lose the injury ability or the aid ability, otherwise it'll be stronger than the other classes.

Now that's not even a valid argument. We're both pure divinities.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 03:39 PM

Both count as actions. Giving AP is spending ap to give to another, and well, spending the AP given is using AP.

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-23, 03:47 PM
If we want to argue this I argue that Dla can't use his defense DCM.

Now that's not even a valid argument. We're both pure divinities.

When did he use the defense DCM? He has both a combat and his divinity aid DCMs and he could have infact used both to get a +2 and have a 27 rather than a 26 however, he only added one of them for some reason and still had a 26:

Well, what now?

And as for Rizban's quote, I don't think he directed that against you. He was arguing with Innis Cabal because Innis Cabal was talking about how divinities were not balanced with the other classes in terms of Combat.

Faithless
2008-08-23, 03:49 PM
Divinity aids can be used at half their value for DEFENDERS.

When did he use the defense DCM? He has both a combat and his divinity aid DCMs and he could have infact used both to get a +2 and have a 27 rather than a 26 however, he only added one of them for some reason and still had a 26:

And as for the last quote, I don't think he directed that against you. He was arguing with Innis Cabal because Innis Cabal was talking about how divinities were not balanced with the other classes in terms of Combat.

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-23, 03:50 PM
Divinity aids can be used at half their value for DEFENDERS.

Oh, my bad. Well regardless, he still has his combat DCM.
http://loc.mornproductions.com/wikka.php?wakka=Dla
Atleast that's what his wiki says.
EDIT:Also, Alch ruled that they are only a +1 for defenders.

Copacetic
2008-08-23, 03:58 PM
Okay, this is good! We are sorting out rules that make sense and don't make sense. I like it.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 04:09 PM
Of course :P Thats what the ooc is for....that and ripping on each other

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-23, 04:20 PM
Aww, Dirijie gets an F too...

2d6 for combat rolls, not 1d20.

(see the above comment about ripping on each other)

Edit: Well, he fixed it

shadowxknight
2008-08-23, 04:21 PM
Yea I caught that so I deleted that post :smallamused:
But yea, 32.
Strikers are insane when they initiate:smallwink:

So I guess Dirije gets a D
now?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 04:22 PM
Yea I caught that so I deleted that post :smallamused:
But yea, 32.
Strikers are insane when they initiate:smallwink:

So I guess Dirije gets a D
now?

You get an F. Erasing and doing it over sends you to the principles office. 2d6 ap taken :P

shadowxknight
2008-08-23, 04:26 PM
I guess I do get an F for not adding Destroyer's aid. T_T
But seriously, can Longlimb even beat a 32?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 04:31 PM
We'll see....no idea really

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-23, 05:16 PM
Oddly enough, in a private conversation (which I'll post soon I think), The Destroyer was complaining about how the alien gods will just walk all over the place. It was a rarely frustrated Destroyer :P

Faithless
2008-08-23, 05:37 PM
Ah the front page says he has a D and an A

Fierywasabi231
2008-08-23, 05:52 PM
Ah the front page says he has a D and an A

But the wiki says he has a C and an A, and the wiki is probably more up to date.

Copacetic
2008-08-23, 05:59 PM
But the wiki says he has a C and an A, and the wiki is probably more up to date.

Correct, I use the wiki whenver my God changes.

Rizban
2008-08-23, 06:13 PM
Thank you Frigs. I wish everyone did that.

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 06:32 PM
Yeah. Seriously, thanks Frigs. The wiki is not always up to date. If you find a god whose entry is just a text dump of their application - chances are that page ain't up to date. Bug those people!

And speaking of which, there was a discussion today about possibly modifying the combat system. See this post (http://loc.mornproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8) on the wiki forum (Yes, it has one!). Respond there too.

I guess I do get an F for not adding Destroyer's aid. T_T
But seriously, can Longlimb even beat a 32?
No, no he cannot. We were discussing today whether {A}s were overpowered... sources say yes =P

shadowxknight
2008-08-23, 06:41 PM
x_x
Dammit I'll have to edit my post again :smallsigh:

Or is this system not in effect yet? *prays*

Edit:Before I post, is the 1/2 level to DR for strikers active during the first round only? That's what the post in the wiki says, but the front page didn't specify.
Also we get 1AP for mold land when we win a round of combat, yes?

Rizban
2008-08-23, 06:46 PM
The new system is merely a proposal at this point. If you have questions/comments about it, then it's best to address them in that thread.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-23, 06:46 PM
It's not in effect yet, it's just a proposed system.

Oh, and I apologise for my absence.

Oh, and add

[email protected]

You'll get cookies.

shadowxknight
2008-08-23, 06:47 PM
I just added you, where's my cookies :smallbiggrin:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-23, 06:49 PM
Right Here VV

No cookies.
Only Death.

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 06:50 PM
Edit:Before I post, is the 1/2 level to DR for strikers active during the first round only? That's what the post in the wiki says, but the front page didn't specify.
Also we get 1AP for mold land when we win a round of combat, yes?

Thank you for catching that. Yes, the bonus is for the first round only, and yes, you get to mold land. Molding it should be done during combat, as it represents Realistic Battle Damage.

shadowxknight
2008-08-23, 06:58 PM
Ooo okay.
I'm going to have Dirije cut off one of Longlimb's many appendages and have it form an island, probably some place between Xiua and Ramua.
How far apart are they from each other :smallsigh:

Edit:Also tsuuga, what's a heard?:smallconfused::smallbiggrin:

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 07:17 PM
the mold land isnt used for the mortal world, its for where your fighting

shadowxknight
2008-08-23, 07:32 PM
Oh.

Well I don't even know where they're fighting.

Dirije was looking all high and low for Longlimb, and Longlimb decides to confront him.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 07:40 PM
If not stated directly, the Void.

Also, those of you interested in the ToB class's, not sure if any other god has taken class levels in any of them, I plan on putting the Nine Swords school in, and changed the names of the schools, the list is in the homebrew section, ill repost here

Desert Wind-Flayed Question
Devoted Spirit: Spiders March
Diamond Mind: Ink's Reserve
Iron Heart-Iron Maiden
Setting Sun: Passions Light
Shadow Hand: Holme's Shadow
Stone Dragon: Pillars Strength
Tiger Claw: Verdant Light

If that looks good for everyone ill proceed with it

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 07:52 PM
Edit:Also tsuuga, what's a heard?:smallconfused::smallbiggrin:It was supposed to be heart, darn your typo-catching hide.

Innis, yes, there are at least two.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 07:53 PM
It was supposed to be heart, darn your typo-catching hide.

Innis, yes, there are at least two.

Ah, well, then whats the verdict you two?

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 07:56 PM
Well, out of the five that I've found, I am both of the ones who actually post. So, fine with me! It'll give Osric's crusaders something to actually do, anyway =P

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
Considering ones named after me, I like it!

shadowxknight
Since there's 3 rounds to combat and Dirije already won 2, that means he wins yes?

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 07:58 PM
Yep. If you win the first two, round 3 doesn't happen. This is combat, not tennis... round 3 would consist of stabbing a guy who's already dying =P

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-23, 07:58 PM
You could if you want, though.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 07:59 PM
Well, out of the five that I've found, I am both of the ones who actually post. So, fine with me! It'll give Osric's crusaders something to actually do, anyway =P

The Half Elves are also based around Crusaders...just the LE type >.> Isul is in fact a rather powerful Crusader.

Also making it more realistic for other forms other then the nine to enter into the game. And making one of my own

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-23, 08:02 PM
Are you going to add Fax Celestis's Falling Star (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10707&highlight=falling+star) Discipline?

It has a perfect role, as the only ranged-based discipline.

shadowxknight
2008-08-23, 08:16 PM
What's it going to take to kill a god?

Well, I think we can find out.(If more people are willing to lend APs so Dirije can stab Longlimb to death)

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-23, 08:19 PM
A battle a la mort!

There shall only be one Jack of Thieves!

Oh, by the way, I'm totally calling you that now.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 08:23 PM
Are you going to add Fax Celestis's Falling Star (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10707&highlight=falling+star) Discipline?

It has a perfect role, as the only ranged-based discipline.

making my own actually-Threshed Dragon

Not that his isnt good

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 08:33 PM
Um, Dirije? You wasted a combat there, buddy. You neglected to actually hurt Longlimb =P. For the record, you kill a god by either getting their player to agree to die based on the result of a battle, or damaging their DR down to -1.

Also, I think we need a verdict on when/how long you need to allow an attacked player to react.

Edit: For instance, the only indication I got that combat was over was that Dirije started a new one. Shouldn't it be possible to get away, or attack back?

shadowxknight
2008-08-23, 08:38 PM
Wait what? I thought I got Trickery back. I guess I shouldspecify that in my post :smallbiggrin:
And I thought you couldn't contest a god's starting domain.:smallconfused:

Well I think the respite is in the 3AP, most of the time there isn't that much APs to spare x_x

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 08:38 PM
Yes, and there should also be a time limit on how long you have to wait for someone to respond to your actions. Looking at you Agent Paper.

You are allowed to attack back, i was under the impression you had to wait for the other to roll defense before you could roll the second attack

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-23, 08:39 PM
But if Longlimb gets away, it defeats the purpose :P I've been planning and planning and planning for weeks! The situation being what it is, I don't think we'll even be able to do much.

Also, I'm loving this fight between three people who don't fight fair :P

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 08:42 PM
There are no rules on the order that rolls are made in a single combat; you could, if you felt like telegraphing your moves, roll all 3 rounds at once and let your opponent respond.

What I'm actually asking about is that Dirije started a whole new combat without choosing an injury for the last one. Which is what I was waiting for. Ah, well, I'm not going to complain about him wasting 3 AP on just getting his title back :smallcool:

And I never took trickery from you. You can contest a god's primary domain, but only one god can have a primary at a time. Dirije and Longlimb are an exception, since the conflict in primary domains came about after both already had their primary domains chosen. Both were trickery gods, and Longlimb just moved to a new neighborhood, as it were.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 08:44 PM
There are actually plenty of examples of that in FR. Alot of the Interloper Dieties, which Varr's Pantheon makes up in our world, share, Trandel if i remember had fire, while Enigma has Fire as well.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-23, 08:48 PM
Also, speaking of not fair. Can I transfer some AP to Xiau'Hi, so he can lock the plane? ^_^ Not that I think you're terribly likely to. Dang neutrals and their ignoring people/hope they go away :P

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 08:48 PM
Ask him.....

shadowxknight
2008-08-23, 08:49 PM
Oh...well, that's what the edit button is for :smallredface:

I knew there was a reason why I created that first spoiler tag other than to answer your doubts = =

Curse you, you tricked me! :smalltongue:

Edit:So now that Dirije uncontested the Trickery domain, Longlimb is left with only Evil...?

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 09:03 PM
Oh...well, that's what the edit button is for :smallredface:

I knew there was a reason why I created that first spoiler tag other than to answer your doubts = =

Curse you, you tricked me! :smalltongue:

Edit:So now that Dirije uncontested the Trickery domain, Longlimb is left with only Evil...?

Did you even read the PM I sent you? :smallconfused: Not only can you not do that action, you can't go around retconning either. You gave up your chance to actually get something out of that first battle when you started the second.

Edit: Can't lock the void, you goofballs.

Edit Edit: Yeah, there's a lot of dupes among the invader gods, but Longlimb/Dirije only became an issue when Longlimb became a Playground god by naturalizing his Trickery domain.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 09:05 PM
You can seal the rift though Tsuuga :P

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 09:07 PM
... I've got a rift in me? What? :smallconfused: What rift?

Edit: Curse you, eyes. Inserting an 'r' in the word 'though'... Ok, what rift are we talking about, and I can seal it? Huh?

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-23, 09:11 PM
Oh heey...Longlimb isn't an alien god any more? That certainly changes things...(Like my +4 Smack Alien Gods bonus)

Did he get approved for a green card?

Adjusting Lossethir's motives in 3...2...

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-23, 09:11 PM
The rift through which Varr and co came through.

shadowxknight
2008-08-23, 09:13 PM
*sigh*
That's not fair, people forget things all the time = =

Oh in that other post I meant I raised it to 7, not 8. But that would only change it by 1 since Assassin BAB doesn't change from 12-13.

My head hurts...I should go to bed soon :smallsigh:

Moose Fisher
2008-08-23, 09:14 PM
Oh heey...Longlimb isn't an alien god any more? That certainly changes things...(Like my +4 Smack Alien Gods bonus)

Would that make the Destroyer and Oozulth Playground gods also, or do they need to naturalize a domain too?

Lossethir's Hatred may still work, if it applies to gods of alien origin.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 09:16 PM
They are playground gods.

And yes, the rift everyone came through can be sealed.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-23, 09:17 PM
One thing, Dijie may have edited his post, but before he did, he was claiming the title of lord of thieves.

Come on, this was a good plan. It's not even going to work that well. Can't you let it slide? Besides, aren't we supposed to defeat these guys? Isn't treachery and deception a great way to strike out at a god of thieves? ^_^

More than just that though, I'm actually having to sacrifice an awful lot of AP here. I could be using this for myself, but, as everyone has probably realized attacking isn't a very good option. I know it's definitely not a good action. But I'm doing this because I'm trying to help defend the place. I don't want an already questionable strategy ("attacking") that costs so many resources to be even more of a waste.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-23, 09:34 PM
Would that make the Destroyer and Oozulth Playground gods also, or do they need to naturalize a domain too?

Lossethir's Hatred may still work, if it applies to gods of alien origin.

As long as it always applies to Varr. Even if he buys a house in the suburbs and trims his hedges while wearing a big straw hat and coaches basketball at the YMCA...Lossethir still has innate and divine resolve to face him in combat.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-23, 09:44 PM
That... seems kind of odd that a thing can stop being alien. He took it mostly for fighting the invading things. And also, probably me. But if Longlimb can stop being alien, then what's stopping me? Then he's got something useless.

Unless of course, the hatred ability still works :P

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 09:48 PM

Lossethir has dual-citizenship. You're free to take umbrage that he didn't ask permission first, but he hasn't really acted invaderatorial. That you know of =P.

Oh, that portal to Wasteland. Heh. He wasn't going to flee through there anyway.

Destroyer and Ooulzoth are... hmm. Alch said they'd done enough to be Playground gods, and they certainly have done enough to qualify for Naturalize, but... Since they were both made through the same method as regular playground gods, and one of the parts of that package is a playground domain... they're natives. Immigrants, but natives.

If you raised your DR to 7, that would put you at Striker 23/caster 7. Your BAB would be 9+8+3=20, divided by 5 = 4. DR 7 + 4 = base CR of 11. You took 2 levels of assassin, which puts you at assassin 12 by my count, 3/4 of 12 is 9. Rogue 11, 3/4 of that is 11.75, round down is 8. Sorc 7; half of that is 3.5, rounds down to 3.

Lossy is free to keep hating us outsiders, and to pick and choose. He hates outsider gods, not Illegal Alien Gods. Dirije is free to choose injuries *other* than taking Longlimb's primary domain. But the only reason he even got to start the second battle without Longlimb responding is that I didn't know the first was over. I don't care that he forgot to choose an injury, I care that it puts Longlimb at a bizarre metagame disadvantage.

Edit: Typed Lossethir when I meant to type Longlimb.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-23, 09:57 PM
It's not really an issue of course, I'm sticking with alien :P

shadowxknight
2008-08-23, 09:57 PM
As for the metagame part, if you are dominating a battle why would you stop?

If Dirije had his way this would have been a battle to death...

And also when I initiated the battle I was under the impression that Dirije could reclaim Trickery...

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 10:09 PM
I didn't expect you to stop - I expected you to finish the fight. If you're losing a battle, you can run, or you can try to push your attacker back. You cannot, however, run during a LoC combat, nor can you choose between fighting offensively and defensively on a round to round basis. Thus, there does actually need to be a space of real-world time between combats, to attempt to run, or go on offense. By retconning the injury, you effectively kill me, then go back in time and pre-kill me.

Xuincherguixe, I'll re-green the Destroyer's entry, then =P

If Dirije had his way this would have been a battle to death...

And also when I initiated the battle I was under the impression that Dirije could reclaim Trickery...If Longlimb had his way, he would have been attacking you, but I gave you a chance to say something before he did so. And, well... it's not my fault you were under that impression, nor did I ever tell you he'd taken your trickery domain. He brought his own.

shadowxknight
2008-08-23, 10:11 PM
Bah whatever, all water under the bridge now.

And the word "slaughter" was well put Nefarion:smallwink:

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-23, 10:17 PM
Summarizing Lossethir's motives:

First, he's being that came from the Playground, born from the very elements, so he cares deeply for the Playground and he wants to preserve it and the order of all natural things. He wouldn't cover the whole world in ice even if he could, because that would be unnatural. He accepts that all elements combine to create this world.

He's Neutral. But, that doesn't mean he doesn't care. He's not an altruist, that's why he's not Good. He's kind, merciful, even forgiving and his highest priority is to preserve the natural order...but he isn't going out of his way to strike out evil or do good things. While it may not be his primary motivator, he always thinks "...what's in it for me?". That said, he has no love for evil creatures...but he may tolerate them in interests of self preservation.

He's Chaotic. That doesn't mean he's totally selfish or prone to acting chaotically. He may act honorably, but that's because honor happens to benefit him. He's actually favors more guileful tactics. He may have subbed in for Xiua'Hi in an honorable duel...but he did so because he understood the risks and rewards. And, he totally sucker punched Varr, stealthily gaining more power just before the duel.

He's not expressly power hungry, but he is very proud and seeks to gain prestige and kleos.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-23, 10:40 PM
Nice Lossethir completely ignores The Destroyer :P Which may not be a bad policy. Only problem is, it's often right.

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 10:42 PM
My god, he's right! Life is an explosion. Waiter, I'll have that waffer-thin mint, please!

Edit: Oh, and would people mind terribly editing their posts on the first page and unchecking show signature? They're slowing down that page pretty ridiculously, and you can't sort the tables until they load, and I often can't even edit posts until they finish.

shadowxknight
2008-08-23, 10:44 PM
...I have a bad feeling about corrupt = =

What's with all those new actions we don't know about hmmm?:smalltongue:

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-23, 10:45 PM
Had to ninja-edit my last IC post because it made little sense after the Destroyer posted (while I was writing up my post).

Totally repressing the urge to quote John Cleese. Dead parrot bit...

Edit: Doesn't change how Loss feels abou the Destoryer though. It's rather like playing poker...the other players are trying to take your chips...so you can't believe OR disbelieve anything they say. Ignore the chatter and focus on the game.

EDIT EDIT: Tsuuga, I have GOT to know what Longlimb was going to say before he was dispatched...

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-23, 10:47 PM
I've always been channeling Deidera :P I've said so numerous times.

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 10:48 PM
Invader gods play by their own rules!

Seriously, when Alch PMed me Longlimb's character sheet, Corrupt and Introduce were explained also. Although Corrupt, not in much detail. The bottom line is, you've got Chromatic Dragon, both the domain and portfolio.

Edit:
Ignore the chatter and focus on the game.In Lossy's case, the game is "Dismember the Messenger".

Edit Edit: Tsuuga's nearly as in the dark as you are... I typed out something along the lines of "Is he finally showing some compassion", but I decided that sounded stupid and cut him off. Who knows what he was actually going to say? :smallwink:

shadowxknight
2008-08-23, 10:52 PM
I'd be happy about getting it if I wasn't getting it from a god I just murdered and the ability's name is called "corrupt" :smallsigh:

And when Dirije said "We could've been allies" he actually meant it.:smallwink:

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-23, 10:56 PM
Edit:In Lossy's case, the game is "Dismember the Messenger".

EXACTLY! Lossethir can neither believe nor disbelieve what Longlimb was bargaining for, so he kind of picks option C) Don't mess with me son, I'm krazy.

Just like the game of cups in Princess Bride. Whichever glass of wine you choose...you lose, because you weren't playing the same game as Wesley.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-23, 10:58 PM
Also wait, did we just KILL Longlimb?

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-23, 11:00 PM
...in the way you "kill" an evil puppet in a bad horror movie. Doesn't seem like sticking him with a lance will do any good at this point...buuuut I don't suspect he's gone for good.

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 11:00 PM
Yes, if only Dirije had been less prickly about the title... :smallwink:

And hey, technically you corrupt the purity of the milk when you add the cocoa powder... XD

Lossethir ought to invent the Playground's version of "Pin the tail on the donkey". Except, yknow, it's "Reassemble the Messenger"... Wesley. (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/149/346262129_5137d943a3.jpg)

Edit: Yeah, I never said dead, or any synonym thereof =P

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-23, 11:10 PM
Ah yes, well he's certainly "mortally wounded" in the capacity to which he's "mortal". Inanimate, yes, sans head, yes. But, death didn't stop Osiris. (Baldur is another story...)

Death doesn't really stop gods...heck, death won't stop adventurers. You have to stop a god from existing...probably by utterly destroying every ounce of divine essence it has...

Also, I vote that the adage simply and universally be "Well, you know what they say...don't dismember the messenger" in this world. If someone says "Don't kill the messenger", everyone else thinks "That's not how it goes..."

tsuuga
2008-08-23, 11:25 PM
Attention, Attention:

I owe shadowxknight an apology. Of course he didn't read the PM about what injuries were valid. Because I sent it to AlchemyPrime, not him. Sorry, shadow :smallfrown:. AlchemyPrime also explained to me that I cannot corrupt under these circumstances, so... forget you read anything. By way of apology, here; have two AP from Longlimb.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-23, 11:29 PM
Shadowknight left. When he returns, I suggest that he spend those AP to Create a moon, then use the other AP to shoot it into a black hole. The AP are probably corrupt too!

If Longlimb was "dead" I would then use "Divination, Psionic" to try and determine if he really was dead. But it sounds like there's no real deception here. As in we're quite well aware he's still alive.

Matar
2008-08-23, 11:33 PM
I forgot to get rid of the points for evolving, fixed it now though.

Gah, next week will be fun. I can actually -effect- things then.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-23, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I've got some fun planned for next week too *cackles*.

That's right! The Destroyer's schemes continue! I am a being of many layers. Mwa ha ha ha ha! *hack* *cough*

DaBull
2008-08-23, 11:39 PM
So, I may just not have read around, but what/where can I find/what should be the rules on population increase? I'm jamming the Nourish Populace to get my guys up to speed, and I want to know how far I have to go to get them on par with everyone else.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-23, 11:41 PM
pop isnt a set thing.

Vadin
2008-08-23, 11:46 PM
There aren't really any numbers for it, it's just a thing like 'how did all these people get here?'

Either you've been having them reproduce like rabbits for a few thousand years, you've been doing that and picking up all the hitchhikers you could find, or you've been using Nourish Populace.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-23, 11:48 PM
Spam it too much, and we'll end up with a mook race other than orcs.

All those Nourish Populaces could be used to determine how large your people's territory is when making nations.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-23, 11:52 PM
What do you mean other? Orcs aren't going to be a mook race in this :P Same with Goblins.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-23, 11:56 PM
We'll have something INSTEAD of orcs, goblins, and kobolds as mooks.

Wow... Our world lacks mooks. That may be a good thing.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-24, 12:09 AM
Well... the average citizen is going to be fairly low levels. It's reasonable to assume that it will be the same for the traditional mook races. That being said, I'm (since I think I'll be making these things, unless someone beats me to it) going to treat them as player races. So an equal number about will have class levels.

shadowxknight
2008-08-24, 12:11 AM
*looks suspiciously at tsuuga*
Those APs aren't tainted are they? :smallwink:

I was pretty worried about being corrupted, because I remembered Bane and how he got resurrected...:smalleek:

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-24, 12:19 AM
Yes...the AP are corrupt and probably covered with germs. You should give them to me so that I may dispose of them properly.

shadowxknight
2008-08-24, 12:28 AM
O noes!
Not GERMS!

Yea, I thought since tsuuga posted this in the IC thread it's probably clean, but some of my allies had their doubts.

Tarini
2008-08-24, 01:03 AM
u fighting varr, shadow. Cool but i hav question

y u called longlimb when on front page says u dirjiee

shadowxknight
2008-08-24, 01:05 AM
Longlimb is an alien god, basically a NPC controlled by tsuuga.

Dirije is the god I control, and from this moment on the one and only God of Thieves.

Sheesh, what is it with me and that title. :smallconfused:

Tarini
2008-08-24, 01:08 AM
lol. kz so whos kaern

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 01:14 AM
No offense....but.....typing.....please....

Okay

you

why

try them out

Tarini
2008-08-24, 01:15 AM
lol what. k u y? wat r u trying 2 say

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-24, 01:16 AM
I think Tarini just scored a critical hit on English.

Draken
2008-08-24, 01:16 AM
Tarini, type properly please. That's what he is asking (and what I am asking now).

Also, Kaern is Tsuuga's main god, he is the tall gray guy in the sigatar Tsuuga and Innis share.

shadowxknight
2008-08-24, 01:17 AM
Kaern is tsuuga's PC god.
Kinda like Dirije for me and Tarini for you.

If you're looking for info on him, go to the first page of this thread.

If you're wondering what he did so far, read the entire IC thread.
Or ask Innis here nicely with correct grammar and spelling for a summary.

EDIT:Grrr got ninja'd.
Stupid unstable wireless internet *kicks*

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 01:18 AM
All it takes >.>

shadowxknight
2008-08-24, 02:07 AM
Quick question:
Does alignment domain now count toward the domains required to become a new level of god?
Xiua and Eul are both intermediates but only have 2 domains and an alignment domain.
I was pretty sure someone said alignment doesn't count...but I could be mistaken.

Not to nitpick or anything, I was just reminded of that after the announcement tsuuga made on the front page.
Now can we all give a round of applause to that hard-working man?
*claps*

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 02:08 AM
Yes, thats the ruling as of the moment

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 02:53 AM
Pact Domain gained. Referee's have oked it.

tsuuga
2008-08-24, 02:54 AM
Speaking of said announcement, I should mention it here too.

Hear ye, hear ye! Your clerics are rather bored with their paltry selection of domains. I'm sure they could scare up a few more followers if you gave them a bit more selection! Check out the front page for details on the domain... raffle... thing. Also, the voting council has been given the power to make stopgap judgements on rules issues.

Edit: Tarini, I don't mind misspelling so much, usually (lose, not loose! ARRRRGH! </petpeeve>), but please at least type out whole words. And for all that is holy, never say k y u again. Three in a row makes baby english cry.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-24, 02:57 AM
Of all the domains in existence... those are all ones that almost but don't quite fit. Phooey. But I will pick up another soon ^_^ Someone else can take some shots at team Varr for a bit.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 02:58 AM
Also remember ye huddled mass's. Homewbrewing domains that are not on that list is more then ok. But the raffle is nice yes

Shmee
2008-08-24, 09:54 AM
Meh I go out for a drink and I miss an entire battle between gods. Aw well.

Shame, someone else got the Pact domain, would have fitted nice with Amalthea, but aw well. Guess I'll start moving to claiming purification, since it also fits with her theme. Also, I'll probably try to add Zeal to her portfolio, besides spending 2 AP, is there anything else you need to do to gain another portfolio element?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-24, 10:17 AM
Why do none of them fit? Why?

Oh well, I'm still working towards a homebrewed Shapechanger Domain. Mark me down as having claimed it.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 10:27 AM
i've dreading catching up and i just bloody cooked dinner and missed it. Oh also we had a round table meeting last night to make devils jealous.

tsuuga
2008-08-24, 10:28 AM
Nope. Portfolio elements have no prereqs. Also, the contest isn't over until a while after rollover next week - the two players who have that domain as secondaries; and possibly player on the waiting list, all get that AP. Shmee, you're welcome to grab the other secondary slot for Pact.

Terms and conditions of contest are subject to change.

Gwyn, I believe he's saying that none of them quite fit with the Destroyer.

Oh, and a note: The domains that were chosen were all ones that nobody had laid claim to. Since we've been kind of lax on claiming domains and things, some gods were already quite close to gaining these domains. Claiming a domain is mainly a bookkeeping thing, but it does help you and other gods claim your actions - please do it. I'm going to talk to Alch about requiring gods to claim domains at least the week before they actually grab it.

Bloody herald domain. Osric's actually done a fair bit of heralding, but the only AP action he's got that could conceivably count towards it is making archons. Ah, well.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-24, 10:56 AM
I knew, I was remarking on how none fit Gwyn.

Oh, and this is my Second Action towards the Shapechanger Domain, the first being turning into a shape-changer myself, the second being creating Doppelganger's, the third...

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 11:02 AM
Any god can shapechange Gwyn. So long as they have arcane or divine levels.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-24, 11:05 AM
Shhh...

Ok then, this is my first action then. Small difference

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 11:08 AM
Its not a point i think alot of people tend to remember.

One of the reasons i chuckle when the whole male/female thing is brought up.

Also why i think Evolve means more of a metaphysical metamorphesis over a physical one. As any god that has druid levels or arcane levels can simply...change how they look at a whim, and in most cases can turn into what ever they desire(as there is no salient abilities i would just as readliy assume they can shape change into a. what they themselves have made, or anything in creation within reason).

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-24, 11:54 AM
*approaches what he believes to be the registration desk* :smalleek:

Excuse me, but is this where I sign in?

Also I had some questions I would like to ask of a person with a more direct hand in shaping the story. I understand that PM-ing is probably the best way to go about this without clogging the thread with...junk...and to maintain some amount of discretion. Would AlchemyPrime be the best person, or is there someone else who is active more and still has the knowledge of the general, over-arching directions that this story will take?

Also, can I have the pact domain? I had wanted it, and then this raffle sprung up and now it is suddenly valuable and sought after by all these people. If it is all the same to those in charge, a new unclaimed domain could be selected and the raffle could be held on that one, but if it is not all the same, then feel free to say no and I will pick something else.

Also, (in a happy, light-hearted, colloquial tone) "Hello! My name is Grax! Nice to meet you all!" :smallbiggrin:

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 12:23 PM
*push's down his glass's(Yes people i wear them, get off me)

Lets tackle this in stages ya?

It sure is, welcome welcome

Also I had some questions I would like to ask of a person with a more direct hand in shaping the story. I understand that PM-ing is probably the best way to go about this without clogging the thread with...junk...and to maintain some amount of discretion. Would AlchemyPrime be the best person, or is there someone else who is active more and still has the knowledge of the general, over-arching directions that this story will take?

Couple things. There is no directio for the story. Its all RP based. Who to ask? That would be me. PM if you'd like or i can give you one here.

Also, can I have the pact domain? I had wanted it, and then this raffle sprung up and now it is suddenly valuable and sought after by all these people. If it is all the same to those in charge, a new unclaimed domain could be selected and the raffle could be held on that one, but if it is not all the same, then feel free to say no and I will pick something else.

The Pact domain has been taken, and another god is looking at it. At this time i'd sadly have to say no. Sorry. There are plenty of Domains to choose from. A list of those claimed are Star, the ones for the raffle, and...i beleive....Shmee said one he had claimed....don't remember.

Also, (in a happy, light-hearted, colloquial tone) "Hello! My name is Grax! Nice to meet you all!"

We don't tolerate joy here. Welcome welcome again :D

Faithless
2008-08-24, 12:28 PM
Tell me about it. No joy whatsoever. I create a single place of happiness and joy. Within a week I have about a billion armies on my doorstep.

Also yeah, Tarini, we like to increase readability of both our ooc thread and our in character thread and pride ourselves in a certain level of grammatical standard. Thanks.

tsuuga
2008-08-24, 12:32 PM
*approaches what he believes to be the registration desk* :smalleek:

Also, (in a happy, light-hearted, colloquial tone) "Hello! My name is Grax! Nice to meet you all!" :smallbiggrin:

AlchemyPrime is the one to talk to about the story. You're welcome to claim Pact as your primary domain, if you're OK with two other gods taking it as secondaries. Xiua'hi has already gained it, and Amalthea has expressed a desire to take it next week. I'm not going to kick them out or change the domain for the contest... sorry, it's just a monumental case of bad timing. If you would prefer to use a homebrew domain as your primary, just suggest it so we can take a look at it.

Gwyn, turning into a shapeshifter is just as valid as turning into an elf; not that it gains you anything except counting your evo towards the shapeshifter domain.

Edit: Oh, and another thing - A big thank-you to all you guys who have been kind enough to PM me with changes to your gods. It's handy to have a checklist.

Shmee
2008-08-24, 12:51 PM
Well, the only reason I suggested Pact is because it kinda fits with Amalthea's theme, or else I really wouldn't have bothered to... actually thats a lie, the second reason is that those extra AP would be sweet. But yeah, I don't think I'll be able to compete against Innis, but at the very least I'll give him a run for the money. If I can't get Pact, I will grab Purification, another theme that fits with her.

tsuuga
2008-08-24, 12:54 PM
Two people can qualify for the prize in each domain without competing. If three or more want it, well... they may have to settle things, either in-game or ooc.

As it stands, though, only you and Innis have expressed interest in using Pact in this contest :smallsmile:

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-24, 12:56 PM
No joy in the playgound (which happens to be, as Fate would have it, in the Playground)

I have read through the IC thread, and I must say I am thoroughly impressed with the group of people gathered here. The roleplaying is great, which it should be, as this is the main purpose of the IC thread, but still...excellent work.

Along those lines, are there important details that I should know which have not happened or been described on the IC thread? I could read through the roughly 4230 posts on the main thread, but after how long I spent on the IC thread, as well as my noticing of the less on topic (though thoroughly entertaining) discussions that have arisen here, I do not imagine that to be a time effecient task.

DaBull
2008-08-24, 12:56 PM
So, to what extent is the undoing of other god's actions limited? Albatrix would definitely like to remove the influence of some of the other races, they being a general threat to peaceful folk.

tsuuga
2008-08-24, 01:05 PM
Yeah... reading all 4000-some posts wouldn't be the best use of your time. Mainly, we're just discussing what we're doing in-game, discussing a god application, or just talking for the heck of it. When rules issues come up, we hash 'em out and add them to the first posts. Those three are all you really need to read.

If you'd like to kick other races out of an area, you can:
Have your followers attempt to exterminate them
Try to drive them out with Pestilence
Use Mold Land to change the land into something less hospitable (For instance, Eul's dead wastes are permanently unhallowed)
Hammer out an agreement with their god to keep your peoples seperate, or fight them for the rights to the land in question.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-24, 01:14 PM
Were this new god of mine to succeed in getting a hold on Pact, would I still get the bonus AP? It would make sense that I would, but it is not, as I would say, in the spirit of the contest. Also, as per the raffle, would I have to either make a pact with whomsoever won the raffle for it or otherwise deal with them to claim the ownership? I really would not like to get more than I bargained for, unless in the good way, which is free AP. I suppose as long we are all in agreement on the situation it is okay.

tsuuga
2008-08-24, 01:17 PM
Were this new god of mine to succeed in getting a hold on Pact, would I still get the bonus AP? It would make sense that I would, but it is not, as I would say, in the spirit of the contest. Also, as per the raffle, would I have to either make a pact with whomsoever won the raffle for it or otherwise deal with them to claim the ownership? I really would not like to get more than I bargained for, unless in the good way, which is free AP. I suppose as long we are all in agreement on the situation it is okay.

*snicker*

By the terms of the contest, you would have to get Pact as a secondary domain; as a new god, you would not be able to win this one. Each domain may be claimed by one god as their primary, and by two gods as a secondary. By default, your primary domain is the one you choose at character creation.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-24, 01:21 PM
Behold, my second deity!

Iamoloiven , The Entertainer
Played By Moose Fisher
(DR:6) Swashbuckler 20/Bard 10
Symbol: A comedy theater mask with a horizontal wand above and a horizontal rapier below.
Home: The Void
Alignment: CG
Domains: Joy, Good
Portfolio: Entertainment
Favored Weapon: Sly Wit (Rapier)
Combat: Warrior 20/Striker 10; Applause{A}, Humorous Taunt{O}, Graceful Movement{C}, Distraction{A}, Sly Flourish{C}
CR: 11 (6+(4+1))
Brief Description: The few wisps of joy in a troubled time of the Playground gathered to create Iamoloiven. He brings entertainment where it is needed, fighting depression and tyranny with laughter and freedom. Life is a stage, and he will give his best performance.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-24, 01:21 PM
Ah, yes, the benefits of actually reading the terms and conditions text.

Very well then.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 01:34 PM
Remember people can share domains for the contest :P As Tsuuga has said.

Though Gax, you'll have two gods stealing from your primary.

Also Moose...that poor god is going to have a very bad life in this world

shadowxknight
2008-08-24, 01:40 PM
Hmmm I guess I'll list what I have done/will do for the slaughter domain:

1. Create Assassins(all they do is kill people)
2. Order followers to kill Longlimb's followers
3. Gain Mass Murder portfolio
4. Gain Slaughter domain

Good, yes?

Ominous
2008-08-24, 01:41 PM
When did Evadize claim Fate and Destiny?

Innis Cabal
Hmmm I guess I'll list what I have done/will do for the slaughter domain:

1. Create Assassins(all they do is kill people)
2. Order followers to kill Longlimb's followers
3. Gain Mass Murder portfolio
4. Gain Slaughter domain

Good, yes?

One more step sira. One more action for the domain

shadowxknight
Oh?
I thought it was 3 actions with gaining portfolio counting as one of them?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 01:42 PM
Oh?
I thought it was 3 actions with gaining portfolio counting as one of them?

No. three actions, gain portfolio, gain domain

shadowxknight
2008-08-24, 01:43 PM
Ahh,
well then I'll create Vampires as my 3rd action.
After all they kill people to survive.

But instead of Undead, they'll be Outsider-Shadow of the Playground.:smallbiggrin:

Moose Fisher
2008-08-24, 01:45 PM
Iamoloiven will not let the darkness of the world affect him, for he shall use it for laser light shows!

I'm thinking he'd be a city-centric diety, wandering caravans (and fey) being his only influence in the wilderness.

tsuuga
2008-08-24, 01:50 PM
Iamoloiven , the god whose name is always said in Professor Frink's voice.Fixed that for you :smallamused:

When did Evadize claim Fate and Destiny?He asked me to mark em as claimed over MSN

Ominous
2008-08-24, 01:50 PM
No. three actions, gain portfolio, gain domain

Can actions count for two domains? For instance Destiny and Fate are similar and actions for one could be considered actions for the other.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 01:52 PM
No. You have to do seperate actions for seperate domains. There is no overlap.

Ominous
2008-08-24, 01:53 PM
He asked me to mark em as claimed over MSN

When, not how. I don't care how he claimed them. I don't want to step on someone else's toes. I thought they were unclaimed.