PDA

View Full Version : Lords of Creation, Thread 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 01:54 PM
He has asked for them claimed. And as far as i know is writing up now.

Faithless
2008-08-24, 01:54 PM
No big Ominous Evadize is flexible. We each take one?

Ominous
2008-08-24, 01:56 PM
No big Ominous Evadize is flexible. We each take one?

Sounds good. What's the difference between them?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 01:57 PM
One is broad, the other is individual

Ominous
2008-08-24, 02:02 PM
One is broad, the other is individual

Which is which?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 02:03 PM
Fate and Destiny respectivly

Edit: A note on scrying and seeing what happens. It only goes so far as the mortal world. Gods unless they are on the same plane can not see what other gods do., or mortals on another plane.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-24, 02:31 PM
I have another battery of questions. (Sorry Enigma!)

Firstly: Why do I have so many questions? (this is rhetorical, or addressed to the world in general, or maybe to myself)

Q
I am very much a believer in the evolution as a process and the merits it holds. That is why I particularly like this universe and the ideas and ideals that founded and drive it. Thus, may I stave off most of the description of my god until after He has interacted with the world, the peoples, and the other deities? If it is necessary, I will present the end aim to those of the council whom he must have approval from, but I would really prefer not to give the majority of people ANY preconceptions, misconceptions, or information otherwise not directly given to them. I know we all make it our aim (or at least our publicly apparent aim) to seperate IC knowledge from OOC knowledge, but I would like to both remove this strain from other players and ensure that, at least for the beginning, there is no OOC knowledge of my character at all.

## \/ disclaimer \/ ##

(evolution here is not in any way [except for the inseperable nature of the use of the same word] tied to "the theory of evolution," real world ideas on evolution as the birth of man, or in any way at all whatsoever meant to enflame/inflame/flame in general anyone with any particular set of beliefs, religious or otherwise. No I am not going to be so uptight about the subject in private conversations or in the future, but I do believe in disclaimers and starting off on the right {not necessarily directional, in case there are any sinestrially inclined individuals who may prefer there left} foot.) <I am a firm believer in verbal irony and/or sarcasm>

Q
On a mostly unrelated note, I saw mention of some number of allotted divine beings per player, but as yet have not seen clarifications on the ruling behind this or these numbers. I have no intentions of min/maxing, giving myself an unfair advantage, or seeking to abuse the system in anyway, but what is the governing ruling on this and what is the primary aim and reason behind it?

Q
As a simple way to help aid the understanding, would players please use setting and character introductions at the beginnings of posts in the IC thread unless it is at least moderately apparent from the content or close and previous, or if it is meant to be secret, or just not obvious?

Q
Have you become tired of my questions? if so, please don't despoil *weak pun intended* the next couple as they are likely to further annoy you

Q
How did those deities listed as dead die? Did the players just leave or was there some thing I missed...

Q

"Why can't we be friends?

#yes I know those are meaningless, but to those who know, they should be at least slightly comical. Hopefully#

Q
Are popculture references tolerated, appreaciated, ignored, lamented, or what?

Q
Did you expect the last question to actually be relevant?

"And I'm spent"

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 02:38 PM
I have another battery of questions. (Sorry Enigma!)

Firstly: Why do I have so many questions? (this is rhetorical, or addressed to the world in general, or maybe to myself)

Q
I am very much a believer in the evolution as a process and the merits it holds. That is why I particularly like this universe and the ideas and ideals that founded and drive it. Thus, may I stave off most of the description of my god until after He has interacted with the world, the peoples, and the other deities? If it is necessary, I will present the end aim to those of the council whom he must have approval from, but I would really prefer not to give the majority of people ANY preconceptions, misconceptions, or information otherwise not directly given to them. I know we all make it our aim (or at least our publicly apparent aim) to seperate IC knowledge from OOC knowledge, but I would like to both remove this strain from other players and ensure that, at least for the beginning, there is no OOC knowledge of my character at all.

## \/ disclaimer \/ ##

(evolution here is not in any way [except for the inseperable nature of the use of the same word] tied to "the theory of evolution," real world ideas on evolution as the birth of man, or in any way at all whatsoever meant to enflame/inflame/flame in general anyone with any particular set of beliefs, religious or otherwise. No I am not going to be so uptight about the subject in private conversations or in the future, but I do believe in disclaimers and starting off on the right {not necessarily directional, in case there are any sinestrially inclined individuals who may prefer there left} foot.) <I am a firm believer in verbal irony and/or sarcasm>

Q
On a mostly unrelated note, I saw mention of some number of allotted divine beings per player, but as yet have not seen clarifications on the ruling behind this or these numbers. I have no intentions of min/maxing, giving myself an unfair advantage, or seeking to abuse the system in anyway, but what is the governing ruling on this and what is the primary aim and reason behind it?

Q
As a simple way to help aid the understanding, would players please use setting and character introductions at the beginnings of posts in the IC thread unless it is at least moderately apparent from the content or close and previous, or if it is meant to be secret, or just not obvious?

Q
Have you become tired of my questions? if so, please don't despoil *weak pun intended* the next couple as they are likely to further annoy you

Q
How did those deities listed as dead die? Did the players just leave or was there some thing I missed...

Q

#yes I know those are meaningless, but to those who know, they should be at least slightly comical. Hopefully#

Q
Are popculture references tolerated, appreaciated, ignored, lamented, or what?

Q
Did you expect the last question to actually be relevant?

"And I'm spent"

In order of questions.

1. I would say no. You can be vauge but every god must present an opening discription and story of creation. Also, as its been stated several times, begetting from another god is not only appercaited, but sort of asked. We understand if you arnt or cant by reason of storyline, but....we have to few native gods. Learn and love the Family Tree.

2. There has been an offical ruling. That number is Three. You will see some of the mods with more. Mods NPC enemy gods. Enemy gods, as stated by Alch, do not count toward the final number.

3. Many have started to do just that. Those that havent /shrug. Cant force people to post a certain way.

4. No, keep them comming

5. Their players stopped posting. The dead gods list needs updated in fact.

6. We can't be friends. Sorry

7. Popculture references how? This is a serious game, posting pop culture references in the IC is frowned upon last I knew as it takes away from a certain element of the game world. OOC is free game. Avoid adding things from books etc. If things are close thats fine, but do not do so with that intention.

8. Yes and no. Try to keep qeustions relevent or you spend a weekend with Tsuuga

tsuuga
2008-08-24, 02:52 PM
Wait, what? How come I've gotta spend a weekend with him? :smallamused:

The three-gods ruling is both to make sure that people get around to playing all their gods, and to prevent a single player from having a legion of gods with similar goals.

Wait, who died?

Your IC actions should not be pop culture references, nor obvious ripoffs of things. You can include jokes in spoilers in your IC posts, but otherwise keep it to this thread.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 02:55 PM
We voted. Three god rule. Sorry we didnt include you, but someone had to be picked.....we still apperciate you as a person though.

The Storm God is dead. I am pretty sure there are others.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-24, 03:10 PM
psst, no one voted for my god.:smalltongue:

We do have several dead gods. Zitzkit, Urthadar, and Lienad haven't posted in a long time.

tsuuga
2008-08-24, 03:17 PM
Well, no, they haven't posted in a mule's age, but they ain't dead until someone says they are =P

Also, you don't need approval to beget gods.

Shmee
2008-08-24, 03:17 PM
Vote Iamoloiven 2008! We'll Get it Right Eventually!

Wait is he Democrat or Republican?

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-24, 03:18 PM
I must clarify. I see now that what is "pop" of this group seems to include or be limited to the things of gaming. I had meant things along the lines of famous movie quotes, song lyrics, et cetera. For example

"A hunter killed a mighty beast in the forest. Upon carrying the beast back to his tribe the various parts were given to other warriors. It is believed in this tribe that eating certain parts will enhance ones abilities. Mighty Pete states 'I choose the heart, to make me even mightier!' Slow Steve speaks 'I will take the leg meat, so that I may become fast enough to keep up.' Mostly Blind Bob says ' I want the Eye of the Tiger so that I can see clearly now

As to Q one, being begotten (begat?) would not at all fit with the story I aim to create. Also, I intend to give a very detailed description on the IC thread. Upon being encountered by my deity, the various peoples and gods will begin to see just who it is that He is. I would just prefer not to have some description on this thread that everybody looks to and begins to form ideas and things until they have actually *met* the deity.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 03:22 PM
I must clarify. I see now that what is "pop" of this group seems to include or be limited to the things of gaming. I had meant things along the lines of famous movie quotes, song lyrics, et cetera. For example

"A hunter killed a mighty beast in the forest. Upon carrying the beast back to his tribe the various parts were given to other warriors. It is believed in this tribe that eating certain parts will enhance ones abilities. Mighty Pete states 'I choose the heart, to make me even mightier!' Slow Steve speaks 'I will take the leg meat, so that I may become fast enough to keep up.' Mostly Blind Bob says ' I want the Eye of the Tiger so that I can see clearly now

As to Q one, being begotten (begat?) would not at all fit with the story I aim to create. Also, I intend to give a very detailed description on the IC thread. Upon being encountered by my deity, the various peoples and gods will begin to see just who it is that He is. I would just prefer not to have some description on this thread that everybody looks to and begins to form ideas and things until they have actually *met* the deity.

Everyone must submit a write up for their god. New applicants have to have that god voted on. Sorry, but those are the rules. You can be as ambigious about it as you'd like oocly. Also, as for not being begotten, as said earlier in this thread, I will have a hard time voting more "Out of no where" gods into the game. We have alot of them. Alch really would like the family tree fleshed out in greater detail. Again thats not to say its impossible to get the god in without such, just...it will be harder for me to vote that god.

Most of us arnt limited to gaming for references :P We dont make them in the IC thread, and alot of the times here either. They are frowned on.

I understand where you are comming from but the metagaming in this game is...low to not even here. Your not in danger of that.

Are you still going for Pact? I'd really like to see your god format before i can anwer anymore of your questions

tsuuga
2008-08-24, 03:30 PM
Pop culture is pop culture. Please refrain from corny song-based puns in your IC posts. OOC... at least make em witty. And, yeah. You've got to post your god here... sorry, them's the breaks. We work on the honor system here for IC/OOC knowledge, and it's worked quite well so far.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-24, 03:34 PM
Well, no, they haven't posted in a mule's age, but they ain't dead until someone says they are =P

Also, you don't need approval to beget gods.
Ok, so Iamoloiven is in then?

I don't want Iamoloiven to be an 'out of nowhere' god nor a child of Coberal, so I'll need someone to agree to beget him. I think he'd fit with Elimansion, Teerp, or even the Destroyer's side of the family.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 03:34 PM
Ok, so Iamoloiven is in then?

I don't want Iamoloiven to be an 'out of nowhere' god nor a child of Coberal, so I'll need someone to agree to beget him. I think he'd fit with Elimansion, Teerp, or even the Destroyer's side of the family.

Teerp is dead Jim

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-24, 03:44 PM
Oh, you were serious about creating a swashbuckling god of thespians? Well, that's better than a spelunking god of mimes anyway...

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-24, 03:46 PM
Are you still going for Pact? I'd really like to see your god format before i can anwer anymore of your questions

Therein lies a problem. The "format" is slightly malleable at this point, and subject to change depending on the answers to the questions.

It is not really metagaming that I am afraid of. Tactical advantage is really not to be gained or lost by what I would do. It is simply that the process of evolving would become tainted if too much had to be stated, and most of the thoughts I have to create an interesting and exciting story rely on players bringing absolutely nothing to the table. I have seen the format for entries (in spoiler below), and I would like to simply leave some parts blank.

Name, ###Epithet###
Played By Player Name
(DR:Divine Rank) Classes
###Symbol: Holy or Unholy Symbol###
Home: Home Plane (he will not have a home plane, yet)
Alignment: Alignment
Domains: Primary Domain, Alignment Domain
Portfolio: Portfolio Element
Favored Weapon: Weapon
Combat:
###Brief Description:### (not blank entirely, but revealing mostly nothing)

Those surrounded by ### I would like to leave blank for the initial creation. I understand that it will be hard to vote for a deity that is very vague, but I offer my word that if elected I will...(sorry wrong speech!)

The main poin here is that I will not dissappoint, either in the depth of my character or in the story of His creation and interactions.

Also, the pop poop would only ever be used for comic relief, and sparingly at that. The example give was truly the most base I could come up with, any I may make shall be more tasteful, if used at all.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-24, 03:49 PM
Teerp is dead Jim

Yes, but how does that explain Teera and Sombrius? Are you saying that they're dead too?

Maybe Lossethir would like to have a thespian calling him Da?

I can already imagine arguing with myself through Coberal and Iamoloiven.:smallwink:

EDIT: As for pop culture refrences, Tanner (one of the alien gods) is full of Douglas Adams. He even has a whip named 42.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 03:52 PM
Name, ###Epithet###
Played By Player Name
###Symbol: Holy or Unholy Symbol###
Home: Home Plane (he will not have a home plane, yet)
Combat:
###Brief Description:### (not blank entirely, but revealing mostly nothing)

You must have a name. You must give a holy symbol.You must have a description. Sorry but those are the rules. You can ask your fellow players to leave their notions at the door.

Its not that we think you'll dissapoint in RP or depth. Its just how the ooc rules and mechanics work. If you can't make an interesting story before people dont know anything about you, that alone makes it hard for me to vote you in. Sorry.

For the final time. No pop references in the IC. For comic relief or otherwise. The story is not one of humor. OOC in the ic thread can have spoilers or the (()) to denote ooc. If you'd like to put comic relif there thats fine.

Sorry for shooting everything down, but those are the rules.

Yes, but how does that explain Teera and Sombrius? Are you saying that they're dead too?

They, like Chochin are made from the corpse of Treep. There is probably hardly anything left of the poor kobold.

As for Tanner, he is no longer a god, and none of that impacted the storyline. NO POP CULTURE REFERENCES IN THE IC THREAD

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-24, 03:58 PM
Lossethir or Gliss probably make the best candidates for Hamlet's dad. Bard and arcane trickster. Now, I was planning on whipping up an Avatar shortly since Lossethir really misses the material plane...so he might go Zues-y on mortal women.

Alternatively, I think that Lossethir and Coberal having a child...but neither refuses to give an explanation as to the cause (or mechanics) of the affair...would be hilarious.

"So you...with Coberal...but she's...how did you even..."
"I don't want to talk about it..."

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 03:59 PM
Lossethir or Gliss probably make the best candidates for Hamlet's dad. Bard and arcane trickster. Now, I was planning on whipping up an Avatar shortly since Lossethir really misses the material plane...so he might go Zues-y on mortal women.

Alternatively, I think that Lossethir and Coberal having a child...but neither refuses to give an explanation as to the cause (or mechanics) of the affair...would be hilarious.

I am more then ok with this.

tsuuga
2008-08-24, 04:12 PM
Humor in the IC thread is fine. Pop culture references (the culture of the playground) are OK. IC references to Real World pop culture are not.

Epithets are optional anyway, it doesn't matter if you include them or not. I'm don't personally care if you choose a holy symbol right away, but everyone else has had to, and to reveal it. The description is the meat and potatoes of your entry. It's not negotiable. However, if you want to post your god description in spoiler tags with a request that non-mods not read it, that would be fine.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-24, 04:15 PM

"He didn't do anything, he watched as I built the thing."

Shmee sent me a PM, so we'll have to see what happens first.
After all, Coberal is teaching some flameborn a lesson while Osric does... whatever tsuuga posts.

I don't want (much of) Coberal's involvment with Iamoloiven. It just seems odd that a DR 5 would have anything to do with the birth of a DR6.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-24, 04:23 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. We need some more doom gods :P

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 04:24 PM
Wait for next week. And this upcomming week for some real bad news. Also, Threshed Dragon is comming along nicely in the Homebrew section, if anyone wants to take a look and tell me how bad it is.

Vadin
2008-08-24, 04:32 PM
Oh my god...Iamoloiven is like hyper-Gliss.

On the question of lesser gods making stronger gods, there are plenty of instances in classical mythology of nymphs and whatnots birthing gods. Lesser beings can totally make stronger beings as long as the stronger one is sufficiently cool.

tsuuga
2008-08-24, 04:38 PM
"Good news everyone! I have bad news..."

I'm going to go ahead and post, Coby. It's kind of short, though... I really need to figure out something for Kaern to do this week.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-24, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure if Kaern has done anything since he...went on patrol like 2 weeks ago?

tsuuga
2008-08-24, 05:09 PM
He's been holding down the fort at the Citadel on the plane of fire, under the assumption that Varr and co. may actually attack it at some point. He's bored off his arse, though.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 05:13 PM
Then its time for him to......jazzercise!

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-24, 05:16 PM
So, what you're saying is, I should have asked Kaern for help when fighting Longlimb? :P Or would he also have not come?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 05:20 PM
Are you certain Xiua or any of the other gods wouldnt have come had you asked?

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-24, 05:25 PM
I did ask Xiau'Hi. And he didn't :P

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 05:25 PM
Well, he is anti-social and very close to gaining the Indifference domain as opposed to Balance. :P.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-24, 05:28 PM
Would Art as a portfolio, qualify me for taking a Light Domain? (Don't worry Elly, I'll share :P)

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 05:32 PM
Id be inclinded to say no. Art does not count for the Light domain.

Not sure how you would be able to explain that really.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-24, 05:37 PM
What about color in that case?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 05:39 PM
That would be....more acceptable but colors for light would be....tight. I could see colors for art, but Light is pretty....well.....tight for portfolio and domain.

Also, light as a portfolio element is already taken

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-24, 06:22 PM
Alright. Here goes.

This is only reccommended for the voting council. There is nothing to be truly gained by reading this, only some things to be lost. I will not be offended if you read this, but it is really not worth nosing into.

Name: Membrane Epithet:(I think it is silly to give yourself epithets)
Played By Grax Hellfire
(DR:5) Wizard 26
Symbol: Tesseract (a.k.a. Hypercube, a four dimensional extrapolation of what the cube is in three dimensions, peruse wikipedia for further info)
Home: No home plane yet, comes into existance on the Material Plane
Alignment: LN
Domains: Trade, Indifference
Portfolio: Traders (Merchants, caravans, et cetera)
Favored Weapon: Staff (long, with no knobs)
Combat: Caster 26, The Power of Information {A}
Brief Description:

You may elect not to read this part. It is exceptionally long, not directly a description of the deity himself, and a bit dense for those less mathematically inclined. It is enriching, and I will give it again if/when my being comes into existence, but for strict "plot advancement," as it were, it is really not all inexorably necessary.

I am warning you again. Don't say I didn't.

Everywhere in existance there are sequences, patterns. The nature of shapes holds rigid patterns bound by sets of rules. A trianle must have three sides, or it will not be a triangle. The nature of numbers holds patterns. Some numbers are very rigid, unbreakable. Zero is zero, one is one: A is A. Other numbers are tensile, stretching, but still fixed. Pi is the ratio of the circumference and diameter in a perfect circle. Phi is the ratio of resonance, in shapes and in sounds. Still other numbers only have the pattern of being unpredictable, chaotic. There is no sense from one number to the next. 4, then 3, then -23.1, then who knows? From these structure, other numbers can be built. Sometimes the layers of layers of layers of structure create incredibly definite things. Sometimes layers of layers of tensile groups create even stronger, more definite things. Sometimes the strong things, which are never changing are composed of endlessly shifting chaos.

First, there is the nothing. That is all there is to it, it is emptiness.

Next, there is the object. Here, the nothing can be of the object. A vaccuum is by definition devoid of any substance, but what if the vaccuum is contained? The set containing the empty set has one element, the empty set. And so we have a zero, a something which denotes, contains, nothing.

Now we may have another collection, another set, which houses the emptiness, and the house of the emptiness. It is clearly not empty, for it has a container, a house, inside. It has a something which is not nothing, it is a 1.

From this everything can be generated. We have an infinity, an everything with an elementary step made between the elements, the naturals, the integers, the rationals. But there is space there! In fact there is infinite space, between each of those! There are rationals between each of the naturals and integers, and there is something between each of the rationals, an infinity of somethings! Again, the smallest of space contains the entire structure of itself! Another power set if fromed placing infinities in every hole of the infinite elements.

At last it is finished, right? But wait, what is this!? More space. Now there are groupings of infinities. Add any number of these small things and they will not even change them, differentials, surreal numbers.

Clearly this can go on forever, and so it does. Now everything is settled right?

No. These are just numbers. They are hollow, they have no direction

Give them direction, and they becomevectors, and they now carry weight, meaning, direction, with the numbers making their weight, their magnitude, and numbers denoting their direction. Together these vectors make up a Field Existence is built on fields.

There, now that that is done, down to the business...

All of existence is fields. Some may know this fact, through careful study of interactions. Some may guess this fact, those less studious but with an intuitional power beyond most.

Only one being sees this fact. His name is Membrane
As He came into being He felt the patterns, the numbers, the sequences, the vectors, and the fields. When He opened His mind he percieved them. When He opened His eyes he saw them. Everywhere.

OOC \/

(OOC: Picture it kind of like Neo from The Matrix series, but with color)

His thoughts fly down the corridors of pattern, through the surfaces of fields, along the hyperdimensional channels on the membranes of existence. He sees the answers to many questions, and yet there is one question whose answer He knows He will never see: Purpose.

(if you read all that stuff above, this is the extension meaning part of the vectors into the realm of fields)

Purpose is not a question whose answer can be found in the without, but a quest whose goal is sought in the within. He gives Himself Purpose. He whispers to the world "I am"

He sees apparent patterns sometimes which turn out to be deadended, false, misleading. 0; 1; 1; 2; 3; 5; 8; 12? This is not how it should be to Him. It should be a 13.

\/ OOC \/

OOC: kind of like a very mild form of Autism, brought about by his intense relationship with patterns.

His insight makes him what many would consider to be a genius, but at times considered retarded. For he lacks the intuition. He does not Guess. Ever.

He is always seeking to see more fields, vectors, numbers, patterns: information as many call it. Knowledge. He is very short on Wisdom, as there is too much non "Fact" in it, and too much "Truth." He likes facts

Edit: It is my god proposal

Vadin
2008-08-24, 06:32 PM
But...why Trade? And what does he look like? I apologize for asking, but Gliss likes to know what his neighbors look like. And, as the god of trade, chances are you would end up having something to do with the god who runs the big flying everybody-lives-there city.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 06:38 PM
Way to many spoilers. Make it like every one else's please.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-24, 06:59 PM
I do apologize for the terraced nature of the spoiler levels, but it gives it a necessary structure. Besides, all of the "juicy bits" are revealed with the first spoiler opening. Anyone curious enough to read the rest of the details should hopefully be able to overlook the levels they have to go through.

As per the particulars of his appearance and the rest, "it shall be revealed to you at the proper time."

I am not exactly sure what you meant by make it like everyone elses, but I hope I have addressed the necessity of the spoilers.

Edit: Also, please do not discuss this stuff openly in the thread, or quote from it, as this invalidates my attempts to have the material not seen by those who do not want to see it.

Vadin
2008-08-24, 07:04 PM
I believe Innis means the standard format?

Name, Epithet
Played By Player Name
Symbol: Holy or Unholy Symbol
Home: Home Plane
Combat: Divine Combat classes, Divine Combat Modifiers (Optional, feel free to get help on this; but please don't just leave me hanging indefinitely!)
Brief Description: A description of perhaps a couple of paragraphs. At least, cover your deity's goals/personality/motivation. Just give us an idea of who your deity is.

So far as I'm aware, that's the necessary information. The nature of how your god perceives chance, chaos, and reality should maybe be addressed if it's relevant, but isn't quite...pertinent to figuring out how your god might act once he's created.

On the 'particulars of his appearance' thing...mysterious beings of unkowable depths are great and all, but don't really give anyone an idea of who (or what) your god is, what he wants, or why he exists.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 07:06 PM
My request stands, reformat it to the designed and inteded manner. Please.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-24, 07:27 PM
Could you please elaborate Innis?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 07:30 PM
Name, Epithet
Played By Player Name
Symbol: Holy or Unholy Symbol
Home: Home Plane
Combat: Divine Combat classes, Divine Combat Modifiers (Optional, feel free to get help on this; but please don't just leave me hanging indefinitely!)
Brief Description: A description of perhaps a couple of paragraphs. At least, cover your deity's goals/personality/motivation. Just give us an idea of who your deity is

Thank you Vadin

Just that. No spoilers save for the one hiding it. Im not disecting an application.

Faithless
2008-08-24, 07:31 PM
There is a format we require you to submit your application in. I'm going to have to go with Innis. I'm not voting until it becomes more readable. Give us what we need to know, not your gods whole life story. You may use that information i the IC or on our unofficial wiki but, your god isnt in yet. Try not to write too much before you know if your concept is approved.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-24, 07:41 PM
Alright, mk II

Played By Grax Hellfire
Symbol: Tesseract (a.k.a. Hypercube)
Brief Description:
Membrane is an intensely logical being, who looks for and sees patterns everywhere in the universe. He is uncomfortable with guesswork, and lacks a powerful intuition, but makes up for it with a very keen intellect. He makes is own purpose, as He sees none inherent in the ways of existence.

I do not enjoy presenting this information in such a manner, as much of the core essence is gutted for the sake of simplicity, but to any reading I suggest for a more full look examine a prior post of mine

Concise, to the point, and saddeningly empty...:smallfrown:
Deity proposal

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 07:45 PM
Very sorry, but the rules for applying have been with us since the very start. As Faithless said, and Tsuuga and I answered several times, it is required to be voted in.

Saying that, i dont see how that would work for a god of that chosen domain, just dosnt make sense to me. Planning, that makes sense for this one.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-24, 07:48 PM
I plan for him to have a "revelation," dealing more with the stuff from the long-winded discussion than the brief overview, and it will make sense in the end.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 07:49 PM
It has to make sense from the start. Thats what the "claim domain" is for. Your starting domain isnt whatyour going to have, its what you were from the very beggining of your godly lifespan.

Faithless
2008-08-24, 07:50 PM
Yeah Logic and Trade? Not doing it for me. I'm out for the vote right now.

shadowxknight
2008-08-24, 07:57 PM
Although I'm not on the council and can't vote, I guess your god's bio would be more acceptable if you related his logic to trade more.
IE: Ability to see trade routes that maximize profit.

And if you go after the Planning domain, things could get ugly as I think the Destroyer is also going after Planning:smallwink:

Vadin
2008-08-24, 08:01 PM
...the Destroyer is also going after Planning

:smalleek:

Oh god...few things have warned of such utter doom for the denizens of the Playground. Gods help us all...

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 08:02 PM
Did you look in the homebrew section yet?

shadowxknight
2008-08-24, 08:04 PM
Oh crap maybe he wanted to keep that a secret?
Everyone hush hush:smallwink:

But of course, I could be mistaken since we were talking about it at midnight yesterday/today

Vadin
2008-08-24, 08:10 PM
The terrasque?

Well, at least it'll stay in the ocean. An aerial terrasque...now THAT would be scary.

Actually, that'd be pretty cool. A giant skywhale. Some capsin airship pilot's Moby Richard (that isn't allowed?), created by (some god who's into obsessing about things) to gorge himself on a constant supply of maddening obsession.

The whale, of course, would have none of this and occasionally show up to rock skyborn cities and ships.

Thoughts and whatnot.

Also, the kobolds- fur? That's fairly old-school, sir.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-24, 08:13 PM
Isn't there a moratorium on lengthy imprudent quasi-philosophical discussions of metaphysics and existentialism?

See, I'm sure Grax would make a great player. But, we're all playing abstracted metaphysical concepts made manifest here...after all, it's a god game. So, everyone just has to cut the quick and say "I wanna play the god of orcs!"

"If I wanted to wade through bull**** I'd watch Neon Genesis Evangelion OR just read "The Apollonian Veil"

/sits in the corner and snuggles his BA

shadowxknight
2008-08-24, 08:13 PM
Why would it stay in the ocean?
It's amphibious. O_o

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 08:19 PM
The terrasque?

Well, at least it'll stay in the ocean. An aerial terrasque...now THAT would be scary.

Actually, that'd be pretty cool. A giant skywhale. Some capsin airship pilot's Moby Richard (that isn't allowed?), created by (some god who's into obsessing about things) to gorge himself on a constant supply of maddening obsession.

The whale, of course, would have none of this and occasionally show up to rock skyborn cities and ships.

Thoughts and whatnot.

Also, the kobolds- fur? That's fairly old-school, sir.

Like Shadow said, its amphibious.

And yes, very old school sir. Im all about the old school

tsuuga
2008-08-24, 08:20 PM
So, what you're saying is, I should have asked Kaern for help when fighting Longlimb? :P Or would he also have not come?

Well, probably not if the Destroyer asked.

Played By Grax Hellfire
Symbol: Tesseract (a.k.a. Hypercube)
Brief Description:
Membrane is an intensely logical being, who looks for and sees patterns everywhere in the universe. He is uncomfortable with guesswork, and lacks a powerful intuition, but makes up for it with a very keen intellect. He makes is own purpose, as He sees none inherent in the ways of existence.

I do not enjoy presenting this information in such a manner, as much of the core essence is gutted for the sake of simplicity, but to any reading I suggest for a more full look examine a prior post of mine

No. Trade is really not an appropriate domain for that. I'm ok with the god concept (as in, extremely analytical, math-based dude), but Nefarion is right; we do have a moratorium on gods of lengthy imprudent quasi-philosophical discussions of metaphysics and existentialism. Planning and Mind would be more appropriate domain choices, and you could propose a domain that's not on the list (say, Logic, Prediction, or Genius/Intellect. If strength is a domain, smarts should be too =P)

Edit: And if you talk like the text in that deepest spoiler in Mk I, most deities are going to just look at you funny. And then back away cautiously.

Lady Tialait
2008-08-24, 08:24 PM
Fiona Ignite, The Flameborn Goddess
Played By Tialait
(DR:2) Wilder 20
Symbol: A Giant Flaming Bird
Home: None Yet
Domains: Flameborn
Portfolio: Flameborn Wellbeing
Favored Weapon: Firewhip
Combat: hanging indefinitely!
Brief Description: Fiona was a mortal Flameborn who lived, died, fought, loved, and tried to do her best for her God. She was betrayed by her God, so she thought, and the Emissary saved her from death. Her primary wish is for the well-being of the Flameborn race. She will not let a single flameborn or subrace of flameborn die.

Oh, and I like the God of Trade...so

ONE POINT THIS SIDE!

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-24, 08:24 PM
If we do lift that ban...I intend on creating a sect of Existentialist Buddhists

They wake up in a cold sweat and scream "I exist! I know I exist!" but are quickly reassured that it's all a mistake and it will soon be rectified.

Edit: And strictly speaking...numbers don't exist and mathematical relationships are nothing but perceptions.

Edit Edit: Of course...a god based on John Nash would be hilarious...but NO. Also, I cannot disaprove strongly enough of using a hypercube as a holy symbol.

tsuuga
2008-08-24, 08:50 PM
While I'm thinking of it, I propose the following posting conventions:

Start each section of your post with the name of your god (or important mortal) who is the actor. This way, you can search a thread by username + character name, and find all instances where that character does something.

Always itemize your AP expenditures using the name of the action, and do not spoiler it. This also makes it easier to search the thread.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 08:50 PM
If we do lift that ban...I intend on creating a sect of Existentialist Buddhists

They wake up in a cold sweat and scream "I exist! I know I exist!" but are quickly reassured that it's all a mistake and it will soon be rectified.

Edit: And strictly speaking...numbers don't exist and mathematical relationships are nothing but perceptions.

Edit Edit: Of course...a god based on John Nash would be hilarious...but NO. Also, I cannot disaprove strongly enough of using a hypercube as a holy symbol.

Xiua's priesthood for the most part is rather like buddhist and Taoist sects, save for the Shadar-Kai, those are more....zealous fey....

Lady Tialait
2008-08-24, 08:54 PM
ENIGMA CRYS!

Erm...sorry for the Emo Lord of Fire, but I have big plans and they require Enigma out of Fiona's way and off her toes.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-24, 08:54 PM
While I'm thinking of it, I propose the following posting conventions:

Start each section of your post with the name of your god (or important mortal) who is the actor. This way, you can search a thread by username + character name, and find all instances where that character does something.

Always itemize your AP expenditures using the name of the action, and do not spoiler it. This also makes it easier to search the thread.

Do you mean the big bold "Lossethir: The Void" heading standard each post, or do you just mean that everyone needs to be doubly sure to include the name of all present and speaking characters in each post. (After all, some of us may be color blind and have difficulty cluing in on who's speaking just because you selected green text)

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 08:55 PM
Ya something like that Loss

IC post

Location #2: Name 2
IC

AP spending ()

Lady Tialait
2008-08-24, 08:57 PM
Soooo...

The Burning Fortress: Enigma

Enigma blasts a bit of cheese out in a Emo hissy fit.

-2 = 0 - 2 Create Concept: Grilled Cheese

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 08:59 PM
Yes.

How are those cravings btw?

Lady Tialait
2008-08-24, 09:03 PM
No so much cravings as sudden hate of stuff I like, and like of stuff I hate...and eating stuff just to re-enact the exorcist...

So, any problems with Fiona joining our happy little playground as a God? Instead of a Peon...

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 09:05 PM
You dont need votes for secondary gods you yourself make m'dear :P

Don't forget your old friend the Shadow High Priest :P

Lady Tialait
2008-08-24, 09:08 PM
Enigma will be giving Fiona LARGE amounts of AP each week, like 3 extra, so she will be growing up pretty quickly. And the Shadow Priest..well..remember Fiona's egg? MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 09:09 PM
Ah, it still in the glade?

Lady Tialait
2008-08-24, 09:10 PM
Yeap, and Fiona already put some of her essance in it..

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 09:12 PM
Ah ha....../goes to type out a post

I've had an idea bouncing around for a while now

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-24, 09:16 PM
And now I have to sleep.

Awww...

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 09:17 PM
That is Tia, if its ok to steal it off the ground....?

Lady Tialait
2008-08-24, 09:19 PM
Personally, I don't care...have at it..but be warned Fiona is a Full deity, and if she doesn't like what is happening..she'll keel joo.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 09:20 PM
hahaha, ok ok

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-24, 09:29 PM
Been putting this off for awhile :P

Lady Tialait
2008-08-24, 09:34 PM
Ya'know if you would have done that a while back, Enigma would have attacked the Destroyer.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-24, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I was wondering why you didn't :P

Lady Tialait
2008-08-24, 09:49 PM
Enigma is being all Emo now, so ya'know, he mostly just wants to brood...like batman...and raise his child Fiona.

alchemyprime
2008-08-24, 09:55 PM
Hm... I think I need to post for...

Xam
Puck
Goru
and Taranol.

Oh, and Althonar.

Btw, Tia, glad to see you again.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 09:56 PM
Yes you sure do.

And, we didnt miss Tia. Stop lying.

Lady Tialait
2008-08-24, 09:56 PM
*hugs her favorite Alch* Good to see you again too!

Tarini
2008-08-24, 10:03 PM
lawlz. Hi Tia? wich god is that. FIRE GOD? I thot so

Moose Fisher
2008-08-24, 10:05 PM
That's right, Coberal is dealing non-lethal damage! Though a few may have been killed from the falling injuries....

Tia, are there any Godforge flameborn in Magnus's army? I'm assuming a few left with Magnus and the Volcano flameborn.

Lady Tialait
2008-08-24, 10:08 PM
Yeah, Magnus is HIGHLY liked by ALL flameborn...on a primal level he what they want to be.

The Forge and the Volcano Flameborn would both want to follow him into fray.

Edit: Owch...English is getting beaten to death..

Moose Fisher
2008-08-24, 10:11 PM
Good thing Coberal used the power of duty, reposibility, and semi-buracracy to tie the remaining Godforge flameborn down.:smallbiggrin:

(one of these days, I'll make wiki articles)

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-24, 10:12 PM
Can I spend an AP to destroy that post? *cringes*

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 10:20 PM
No, your personal AP pool is empty

Faithless
2008-08-24, 10:22 PM
For the love of the playground. My eyes are bleeding now.

alchemyprime
2008-08-24, 10:40 PM
Okay... 3 things...

1. EPIC POST! Yeah, I did a biggun. I hope I made Goru significantly... evil...

2. TARINI! Start using proper English! Or at least American English! OR Canadian! Or Australian! Or some permutation with GOOD GRAMMAR! I'm genetically German, I can go Grammar Nazi on you pretty quick!

3. XUINCHERGUIXE! I will give you 1 AP right now to use a PEstilence on that post of Tarini's!

tsuuga
2008-08-24, 10:49 PM
"I am Puck of the Leafwarriors. You killed my village. Prepare to die!"

So much for no pop culture references in the IC thread :smalltongue:

Innis Cabal
2008-08-24, 10:51 PM
so much for sleep on my end

Alch! No Pop References ><

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-24, 11:02 PM
I won't, but if this keeps up, I'm going to give an oversized weapon to a particularly gutsy mortal, and the two of them are going to go on adventurers, and puck will be ground into powder to heal his wounds.

alchemyprime
2008-08-24, 11:23 PM
Hey... I'm going to have Puck gain a few levels in badass after this...

And I changed the reference... but seriously, what fun is a campaign setting without one or two references in it?

(Thinks back to the Taint section in UA... "And of course... there are rings...")

Tarini
2008-08-24, 11:33 PM
MEAN. Fine... I use spellcheck.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-24, 11:44 PM
*Waves Alch down*

Lossethir needs to speak to Moko, so, will she be available?

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-24, 11:58 PM
... I so want to crash the meeting and tell Xam that there's enough threats already :P

Moose Fisher
2008-08-25, 12:06 AM
Destroyer, start blowing things up! Tear down mountains, make rivers run red, steal candy from babies, rip innocents in two, paint a pretty picture with the world!:smallbiggrin:

(We're still cleaning up one or two messes, don't make another to flank us.)

Maerok
2008-08-25, 12:28 PM
The Destroyer reminds me of the Colour from Space, but with even more malice. RGB 2i+3,3i+4,4i+5! Mwahahaha!

Draken
2008-08-25, 01:09 PM
So Tialait, you think the Consuming Shadow was reduced to a petty ghost uh? Well, just wait, you are triggering horrible events.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 01:53 PM
An Age of Darkness is sweeping down from the Heavens into the Playground. Judgement, Undeath, War...virtue will be needed

tsuuga
2008-08-25, 02:01 PM
Speaking of Judgement, I was just considering making a demigoddess of Retribution... Kaern does, after all, have to balance out Osric and all his do-gooder-tude.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 02:07 PM
Hmm...I was going to have Xiua go for actual judgement, though that would not effect Retribution.

The Tarrasque is truely going to be the gods way of showing how >< they are

Would that be alright Tsuuga?

tsuuga
2008-08-25, 02:27 PM
Fine by me!

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-25, 02:30 PM
Maaaan, don't make Lossethir shift over in to Chaotic Good land...makin' him care about...things...and stuff...like mortals.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 02:38 PM
Fine by me!

Awsome. I feel bad for the mortals, i really do. Well.....i would if it wasnt like shaking the ant farm for a couple minutes and watch them just absolutly explode

Edit: Vincent is really going to be harmed a great deal if he keeps sending lip to the gods.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-25, 02:41 PM
Yeah, he might lose a hand...if he wasn't imbued with the powers of an Avatar...

Shmee
2008-08-25, 02:42 PM
Thats part of his character I guess, sometimes I also think the same, but I really can't imagine him acting all humble and stuff. Maybe he just doesn't care? I dunno.

Avatar of the goddess of healing no less :smallwink:

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 02:42 PM
Waiting for him to get to Eul

And did we get another app from the guy from yesterday?

Edit: I think at this point most gods just go eh.....bigger things.

tsuuga
2008-08-25, 02:46 PM
Grax Hellfire hasn't posted anything new, no.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-25, 02:57 PM
Speak of the devil and he shall be at your door.

I have more...wait for it...QUESTIONS!
(sorry. I really am)

Does a god truly have to come into existence embodying all that will be his domain (<--double usage), or can he later evolve to fill the role? The latter had been my plan, and I would feel sadly limited if the former were the case, but would readjust to accomodate all the RAW believers.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 03:03 PM
Speak of the devil and he shall be at your door.

I have more...wait for it...QUESTIONS!
(sorry. I really am)

Does a god truly have to come into existence embodying all that will be his domain (<--double usage), or can he later evolve to fill the role? The latter had been my plan, and I would feel sadly limited if the former were the case, but would readjust to accomodate all the RAW believers.

Yes. The RAW is very very loose, and thus RAW, being on the front page, should be followed to the extent its written. We've taken alot of time, some bitter arguments, i think one of us might have lost an arm...over debating them.

I'll go into more detail for this mind you, since it seems required.

A God, is not "what you will become". That is a mortal. They are not "an alignment made physical" that is an outsider. A God is a constant. It -IS- always unless killed, its domains of influence filltered to the world that be, and its corpse sent adrift through the Astral(Webway...though probably in this case just the Void or reabsorbed into the world like Ramus, Nerius and Teerp).

A -GOD- is a constant universal element. Be it time, earth, trade, water or fluffy kittens. So long as there is one of those things around so to will a god of it be possible.

What -is not- possible is for a god to come from nothing, be nothing, and gain something over the course of events dictated by what it comes into contact with -UNLESS- it was the very god -of- nothing. Since Entropy exists, and there is literaly no nothing in this world, that god is not going to be possible to create, even if nothing, is in fact, a part of something as its included in everything.

Vadin
2008-08-25, 03:04 PM
Gods are gods of somethings, not divine beings without purpose or reason. To be a god necessitates that you are worshipped by mortals for things or that you have sufficient drive and impetus to keep yourself going without a lot of worshippers (like overdeities).

For example, the sun god rules the sun. He may do other stuff as well, but that's his thing. When it comes right down to it, he is the sun god.

The earth god is also the moon god and the pact god and a few other gods as well, but, at the core of his being, when you get right down to it, he is the earth god, the god who represents and embodies the physical earth that is the Playground.

And so on and so forth for every god in the Playground.

After you're created you can be all 'woooah im deep and mysterious im so unfathomably enigmatic', but nobody worships things they can't know. They worship the god who relates to this thing, or is involved with this thing, or is even simply loosely affiliated with this thing.

But then again, I'm not on the voting council. I just critique character concepts (ask DaBull- I ripped apart about a hundred of his ideas before I got him to come up with one that had a solid base (no offense meant, of course :smalltongue:)).

[EDIT] Innis ninja'd!

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-25, 03:05 PM
In a word...yes. You're a thing, and a god of a thing. And that thing, is you.

While Lossethir is, yes, a tangled latticework of Being For Itself and rainbow energization and other metaphysical mumbo and/or jumbo. But, really, he's just super powerful air elemental with the cold subtype.

Edit: Ninja ninjaed

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 03:07 PM
Look above Vadin :P, though you put it very nicely. Thank you

Even if people are not on the voting council its your game. You may not have the final say of someone getting in, but if you say WOAH! WHAT?! I am more then certain that the Powers That Be(tm) will listen. Mind you we don't have to :P But we arnt here to screw people over. I'm just here to make life hard for everyone /shrugs. Mods, Alch, and myself included.

Edit: /cracks knuckles HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW!

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-25, 03:10 PM
Hmm, what if I start it as a DR 0? They ascend as soon as they gain a domain, correct? Then, in such a manner, the being could start with no divine nature and come into power over a domain, right?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-25, 03:15 PM
Technically...

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-25, 03:16 PM
The God (and it is only a name) is something that "IS" .

The sort of gods in this game are not such things with that quality of existence...by the virtue that they're not omniscience, all powerful, can be killed and even have a beginning. Our gods are necessary or even transcendent beings. Mechanically, they're no different than any other entry in the Monster Manual, just insanely powerful. D&D gods are to humans as humans are to cockroaches...sure. "The God" is to humans as a four sided squiggly triangle purples radishes peanut butter sprinting tangerine bubbly.

(And, give yourself 10 points if you got the reference...hint, he's Danish and he didn't write "The Little Mermaid")

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 03:16 PM
DR 0 gods gain no AP, and thus can not buy their own domain, can not do actions related to that domain, or gain portfolio elements.

I would also like to point out, no one else has been "limited" in their characters creation or later play. The more abstract and "unknowable" you are, the harder it gets to be honest with you. Also remember you are playing along with other gods. There is precious little gods can not understand. If you come into the world as it is, from something else, chances are a series of other gods will know you have been birthed. And I can tell you if i was a god and some unknown power just spawned from the nether into my world, i'd darn well be there to smack you down, after Varr and his cronies espically. (had that on an edit but will post it here and delete it above)

We have a great deal of gods(Two of the 4 original week 0 gods, and i would actually argue 3) are pretty unknowable in their goals or plans. I echo Tsuuga when I say, we have to many of the "unknown" gods. And i will restate my "Learn the Family Tree and love it".

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-25, 03:20 PM
What action would it be to temporarily switch Trueholme and Holme?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 03:23 PM
Plane.....shift.....? A 1 AP action.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-25, 03:28 PM
Perfect...

I'm going to rule that it will stay there for several days, before reverting.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-25, 03:29 PM
Each week, you gain AP according to the following table. You also start with that amount of AP as a new god.
Caste|DR|AP/week|Max Evolutions
Hero-god|DR0|1|0
Demigod|DR1-5|2|1
Lesser God|DR6-10|3|2
Intermediate God|DR11-15|4|3
Greater God|DR16-20|6|4
Overgod|DR21+|10|4

That does not seem to be the case...

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 03:30 PM
THats just my guess. Planeshift is only for a single target. So it would probably be something stronger then that. A 2 AP expenditure, i was typing that but i guess i hit the enter key ><

Edit: It was stated earlier in this thread that they had no domains, and i beleive they said also that they did not gain AP. I might be wrong but i know they were up for a look at, i think because of Nefarion.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-25, 03:33 PM
In that case, it's but a powerful illusion. But you don't know that yet...

Rizban
2008-08-25, 03:35 PM
DR0 gods don't have a domain unless they share one with their parent deity.

DR0 NPC gods DO gain AP if AP was spent to beget them.
The no AP gain DR0 god was to enable players to create a DR0 deity to keep a character alive beyond their normal span of years without giving the player more AP for free.

I would assume then that a DR0 main god would get 1 AP a week and start with no portfolios or domains. That would then mean he would need a minimum of 7 weeks to gain a domain. 1AP action towards a domain x3 + 2AP Gain Portfolio +2AP Gain Domain. If that's really what he wants to do, then I don't see an issue with it mechanically. *shrug*

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 03:35 PM
The answer in the end is yes, you can be a 0 level god. Stat it out for 16 levels, 1 ap a week, no evolution.

He still has to be IC begotten for my vote.

You have 1 vote from Tia.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-25, 03:43 PM
Alright, I suppose being begotten can be more arangeable now. Coberal, Moose Fisher, I have a proposition... (and so the trading begins)

Vadin
2008-08-25, 03:45 PM
For tsuuga-

If you're ever updating the maps again...

The Grin, or a close approximation. (http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thegrinci3.jpg)

I thought I'd go ahead and make your job a little harder.

You're welcome!

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-25, 03:53 PM
Also, I haven't seen this person/god in a while, but I have a proposal for Sombrius, Somber Requiem.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 03:54 PM
Somber is currently out of the game, her god in a coma with Evadize. She hopefully will be comming back. Faithless and I have her character.

Edit: Did you not see that comming?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-25, 05:02 PM
And that was not meta-gaming, Gwyn is just optimistic. I was planning to do that before-hand.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 05:09 PM
Not worried about meta-gaming. They werent sent out to win. They are a ton of mortals fighting gods. They were meant to die. Its really just to cement the hate they have(see post) why they have it(see post :P) and to make Isul that much more evil and cruel.

They are a nation of....orphans, and the biggest bully in the sandbox, the one that made the others eat sand, has ascended to a Totalitarian Rule, demanding obediance and love, but never making claims otherwise. The Half Elves of Playground won't be whiney, Elf-Lite subsititues on my watch. They will be a menace for the continued existance of every god loving race.

Vadin
2008-08-25, 05:13 PM
So, when some gods show up and say "Hey guys...whats up? Wanna come roll with us? Maybe grab a smoothie?", how will they react? I mean, a few gods showing up all at once and being polite and whatnot...are they still gonna be all "DEICIDE, DEICIDE!"?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-25, 05:14 PM
Oh, and Isul is one cunning SOB

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 05:15 PM
He's insane, but not an idiot. His whole empire has been exported to a safe distance. Namingly clear on the other side of the Sun/Moon side, to the Evad islands. He saved the women, the children, and the elderly and any warrior who didnt want to go on a clearly insane mission.

The half elven -people- would just spit at them and hide. The army, see the posts, DIECIDE! more or less. Isul and his generals(All of whom are gone) would at least sit down for dinner and tell them they were impotent and general wastes of power, with all respect included.

Edit: Why thank you.

tsuuga
2008-08-25, 05:21 PM
If you want to roleplay how you become a god, or started as some nameless spirit and grabbed your domain and "got comfortable" in it over your first couple posts - I'm fine with that. The writeup you give us, though, should describe the god you actually intend to play. There are plenty of gods who didn't start as what their actual writeup was- Kaern barely existed at the beginning of my first post, and Lossethir was originally an ice elemental. The key difference is that we kept that stuff in the backstory stage. If you can resolve yourself from "weird living equation multidimensional thingie" to "god of trade" in, say, your first three posts and before you need to spend AP; and I can see a writeup of what you plan to be, there's a good chance I'd vote yes.

I'm just here to make life hard for everyone /shrugs. Mods, Alch, and myself included.Ain't it the truth?

That does not seem to be the case...The ruling on DR0 gods automatically ascending to DR1 when they get a domain is quite recent; originally, you could be DR0 an still have a domain (and thus gain AP.) Thanks for reminding me that post is there.

The Grin, or a close approximation. (http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thegrinci3.jpg)
I thought I'd go ahead and make your job a little harder.
Gracias. I'll get to adding in stuff... I really have been slacking on the maps. Busy, busy.... -_- Also, it amuses me no end that Grinscar now looks like it says Grinsexy.

Vadin
2008-08-25, 05:24 PM
Also, it amuses me no end that Grinscar now looks like it says Grinsexy.

Your darn right it looks like that.

Also, does Xiua look almost exactly like Europe (sans being Italy, Scandinavia, and that whole 'being attached to Asia' thing) on purpose, or is that just bonus awesomeness?

[EDIT]Innis- wait, are the half-elven people gone? All of them? And, if so, is Isul still there, or has he also gone to the islands?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 05:27 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Someone has to do it :P. Im still awsome.

Gracias. I'll get to adding in stuff...

For Evad and Dal'Cory, they are both under Xiua, Evad being probably...10/15 medium islands

Dal'Cory is based off of the Ryukyu island chain, so any series of small to a spattering of larger islands would be grand.

Edit: Ya Vadin, all non-combatants were ushered out. The Ur-Priests are all dead from the ritual they just did, and the army is being slaughtered. All of them are en route to Evad. Isul is at the top of the Spire laughing.

Vadin
2008-08-25, 05:36 PM
And I take it our meeting with him will trigger his ascension to godhood?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 05:38 PM
No, hopefully thats next week. If he dies, well...plans are the greatest power....

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-25, 05:41 PM
So now would be a great time to kill him then? :P

In all seriousness though, if that was the goal, I would have killed him a long time ago :P

Vadin
2008-08-25, 05:41 PM
If he dies...he'll be resurrected by that crazy spire thing that the Ur-Priests all died for?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 05:43 PM
I'm not telling :P PM me if you really want to know.

And i fully expected him to be struck down. So the fact he hasnt has been great fun. Either way, I have a plan for the God of Tyranny

Vadin
2008-08-25, 05:59 PM
I think I'll be surprised. Far more fun that way.

tsuuga
2008-08-25, 06:00 PM
Also, does Xiua look almost exactly like Europe (sans being Italy, Scandinavia, and that whole 'being attached to Asia' thing) on purpose, or is that just bonus awesomeness?

It's entirely accidental. I generate random shapes and then connect/cut em up to make things. That was just the shape that was relatively central to this group of random stuff :smallbiggrin:

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-25, 06:41 PM
@ Tsuuga's earlier post

Ahh, well in that case, it is time for a new rewriteup

Deity Proposal (please don't look unless you vote)

Membrane, (still don't want to give myself epithets!)
Played By Grax Hellfire
(DR: 5) Classes Wizard 26
Symbol: Tessaract (not perm. may change depending on interactions)
Home: The Vault (not to be created for a long while)
Portfolio: Traders (merchants, black-marketeers, smugglers, et cetera)
Favored Weapon: Staff (completely smooth)
Combat: Caster 26, Power of Information {A}
Brief Description:
Membrane came into being as simply a very strong will to live which, through some extraodinary means, was felt by the very fabric of the universe (or maybe a Deity, if I could find one to beget me, maybe Sombrius?). He had no strong initial goals or drives, other than to thrive, but soon took up the mantle of spreading the various informations, ideals, cultures, and technologies through out the world, as he considered them to be very important, sacred and beautiful. Also he thought he could make some niche there for himself. And so he gave himself that which he thought all of life should have: Purpose.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 06:45 PM
alot better, untill you have a definitve god to beget you, vote is still a no.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-25, 06:54 PM
To Innis Cabal

I believe that you had some sway over the choices of Sombrius. Could that be a possible source? Considering all the fluff in the earlier stuff, it would make at least some sense, and they both value information greatly. I think it could work.

tsuuga
2008-08-25, 08:38 PM
The name strikes me as kind of goofy, Grax, but I won't complain about it. IC teasing might be another matter :smallwink:.

Your creation story is pretty similar to Kaern's... he might be willing to adopt you, though I'd prefer it if some other god took that honor.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 08:40 PM
Didnt even see the name, now i have to ask if he is insane

Vadin
2008-08-25, 08:41 PM
Prepare for Cypress Hill references in 3...2...1...

DaBull
2008-08-25, 08:43 PM
untill you have a definitve god to beget you, vote is still a no

lulz, i think we all remember what happened last time we approved a god without a god set up to beget him (wink wink, nudge nudge)

(Say no more, say no more, say no more)

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 08:44 PM
He didnt follow the rules? Ya i'll remember that.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-25, 08:47 PM
Wait, who didn't follow what rules?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 08:49 PM
They all know who they are.

Vadin
2008-08-25, 08:49 PM
Wow. Two pages from thread 4.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-25, 08:50 PM
...anyone else picture Albatrix as a tonberry from Final Fantasy?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 08:51 PM
A little, karma makes me cringe. I cant get the idea of Loss as Santa out of my head now though.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-25, 08:52 PM
I sent Grax a PM. Coberal is likely to beget Membrane.

EDIT: I think Thread 4 should be in the OOC subsection.

Vadin
2008-08-25, 08:54 PM
Sneaky...creepy...green...yeah, I could see that.

tsuuga
2008-08-25, 08:57 PM
I sent Grax a PM. Coberal is likely to beget Membrane.

EDIT: I think Thread 4 should be in the OOC subsection.

I agree. The nice people in Homebrew have put up with us long enough. If Innis would be so kind to add an explanation to the actual homebrew thread of what this is, it'll be sufficient. And we can move on to a new group of potential players in Ongoing Games.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 08:58 PM
Sounds good and ill make a note of it. But people remember to at least post all homebrewed things in there. I understand we have a wiki but the homebrew is there for a reason, we are after all based on these forums and not our own. Thank you.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-25, 09:03 PM
Alright, we have us a family here!

Coberal Shall beget Membrane! (I may change that name before Thursday though, if voted in)

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 09:05 PM
re-write the story. Welcome to the DMV of Godly Creation.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-25, 09:18 PM
It's all part of the initiation. Your beloved ideas are belittled and nitpicked. And then you finally start playing...and your god will mostly be ignored for 1-2 weeks. It's just the natural flow of things. Surviving all the nitpicking and disinterest finally earns you a place in the group.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-25, 09:20 PM
What story exactly needs to be rewritten?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 09:22 PM
It's all part of the initiation. Your beloved ideas are belittled and nitpicked. And then you finally start playing...and your god will mostly be ignored for 1-2 weeks. It's just the natural flow of things. Surviving all the nitpicking and disinterest finally earns you a place in the group.

Hey, no one ignored you! Xiua'hi just dosnt care about Lossither. Still dosn't.

And how is he begotten by Cor. Needs to be in his creation story.

Moose Fisher
2008-08-25, 09:23 PM
Grax and I worked on how Coberal begets [the god possibly known as Membrane]. He also has a rewrite of his deity.

Membrane, (still don't want to give myself epithets!)
Played By Grax Hellfire
Brief Description:
Membrane came into being as simply a very strong will to live which, through some extraodinary means, was felt by the very fabric of the universe (or maybe a Deity, if I could find one to beget me, maybe Sombrius?). He had no strong initial goals or drives, other than to thrive, but soon took up the mantle of spreading the various informations, ideals, cultures, and technologies through out the world, as he considered them to be very important, sacred and beautiful. Also he thought he could make some niche there for himself. And so he gave himself that which he thought all of life should have: Purpose.

EDIT: Ninjas! Just like how Lossethir stole Coberal's comfy chair!

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-25, 09:29 PM
Xiau'Hi doesn't care about much.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-25, 09:36 PM
So maybe something along the lines of

Membrane (work in progress), (still don't want to give myself epithets!)
Played By Grax Hellfire
Brief Description:
Membrane came into being as simply a very strong will to live which, through some extraodinary means, was felt by Coberal and given a form. He had no strong initial goals or drives, other than to thrive, but soon took up the mantle of spreading the various informations, ideals, cultures, and technologies through out the world, as he considered them to be very important, sacred and beautiful. Also he thought he could make some niche there for himself. And so he gave himself that which he thought all of life should have: Purpose.

Or would some other stuff need to be changed?

Edit: Also, what happens if, say, the other four voters never even see it?

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 09:43 PM
Xiau'Hi doesn't care about much.

Balance. Thats it. He will talk to you as long as your around, he will be polite about it to. He will even treat you as an equel even though he knows no one but Enigma is(Xam and Eul being betters by age). As soon as you leave, he stops thinking about you. He cares about his children only a little more then that.

Rizban
2008-08-25, 09:44 PM
Edit: Also, what happens if, say, the other four voters never even see it?

They will.

tsuuga
2008-08-25, 10:06 PM

I pointed this out to Alch today (namely, in the context that evolving your first two weeks is by far the best thing to do mechanically, but it results in new players sitting on their hands for two weeks. Soooo... long story short, you qualify for one Evo every time you qualify for a DR - up to the old limit on evolutions. This will be added to the main post... shortly. Once I figure out a better way to word that.

Edit: with the fluff as currently presented, you've got my vote. However, Longlimb reserves the right to laugh at your name. Also, Alch has confirmed the gods limit for me - it's 1 main god, 3 NPC gods, and as many DR0 non-ap gods as you like.

Edit 2: Almost, but not quite... you're allowed to evolve before your first DR+. No reason to screw the DR5s over.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 10:08 PM
You must gain a Divine Rank before evolving according to the chart. You may not evolve more times then you have raised in Divine Rank

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-25, 10:11 PM
Alright Everyone, I now retire for the night. Just telling you so that you don't get upset if I don't respond to PM's or whatevers.

I would stay up later but 9:30 classes tend to be a drag on little sleep.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-25, 10:27 PM
Not that I have any plans...but just so I know: How many AP might an ice age cost? Or at least, bringing semi-permanent winter to an entire continent.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 10:30 PM
A pestilance. 1 AP, though for stronger ones, more AP. A storm of blood is 1 ap. A constant storm of blood over an entire region...2/3?

Rizban
2008-08-25, 10:39 PM
A single pestilence can cover the entire world? That seems a little strong.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 10:39 PM
A pestilance. 1 AP, though for stronger ones, more AP. A storm of blood is 1 ap. A constant storm of blood over an entire region...2/3?

See above. The stronger the pestilance, the more AP.

Tarini
2008-08-25, 11:11 PM
Why Does Every1 Ignore Me.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 11:19 PM
To be kind, you're posts before were like bleach on my eyes.

tsuuga
2008-08-25, 11:23 PM
Hetch
Played By Tsuuga
(DR: 1) Classes: eh, haven't decided yet
Symbol: Balanced scales. Usually blood balanced with fire, or money balanced by a hand pushing the scale.
Home: The Playground
Alignment: LE
Domains: Retribution, Law
Portfolio: Revenge
Favored Weapon: Flanged mace
Combat:
Brief Description: Hetch is Kaern's daughter, and in many way's Osric's opposite. As goddess of retribution, she has few followers; most who seek her favors do so out of need. Of the followers she does have, the more respectable ones serve as essentially detectives and hired toughs, the less respectable, think KKK but with less predictable targets. When she chooses to answer a request directly, she sends her own versions of Inevitables or answers the call personally.

Her code is simple and fair; an eye for an eye, a life for a life, and a soul for a soul. These three are enforced by her versions of Inevitables; Lemures, chittering reptilian creatures with huge eyes, responsible for revenge for injuries; Hynae, masked humanoids who laugh insanely, responsible for revenge killings; and the Deripes, (fluff to be decided), responsible for taking souls.

Comments, objections, class suggestions? :smallbiggrin:

Edit:

Why Does Every1 Ignore Me.
If you're talking about the IC thread... your posts have had nothing to do with my gods. You posted about finding an iron coffin in the abyss, which might be Amalthea's iron maiden. Generally, it's a good idea to send that god's player a PM if you're trying to strike up a conversation but haven't mentioned them by name.

Tarini
2008-08-25, 11:27 PM
You Read Bleach!!! Me 2!!!!!!

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 11:28 PM
I do...actually...but thats.....I give up.

And looks good Tsuuga....get to the map /whip

Faithless
2008-08-25, 11:31 PM
Frigs man. Whats our situation on the duel. I wanna post. Do we just want to RP it.

tsuuga
2008-08-25, 11:32 PM
Ow! Stop it with the whipping! If you'd rather do the maps yourself, that can be arranged... :smallbiggrin:. Seriously, though, as long as we've got something functional (like the map of the side of the world away from the sun) I'm in no great rush.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 11:34 PM
Oh darn, i had a plan on Isul making some twisted versions of some of the Inevitables. They hodl true to the laws. Isul's Laws.

The maps were only a joke :P

And you dont want me to draw...

tsuuga
2008-08-25, 11:37 PM
I can also provide you with a tutorial! There's not really any drawing necessary, unless you count cutting off unwanted bits of land "drawing". The rest of it is taken care of by a bunch of layers, lighting effects, the cloud filter, gradient maps, embossing, low-flow painting, and judicious erasing. It's only a 92 step process, less if you don't include rivers! :smallwink:

Inevitables for everyone! Seriously, though, Hetch's inevitable-thingies aren't automatically dispatched by Pure Law or anything. Hetch decides to grant a request for vengeance, and sends out the appropriate troops. Bigger jobs she handles herself.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-25, 11:45 PM
Ahh, well Isul's will be automated agents of Corrupt Law

Lady Tialait
2008-08-25, 11:45 PM
Enigma should create some Inevitable, that punish those who ask questions..when they shouldn't be asked..but that usually punishes itself.

Oh, and Fiona posted her first time as a God...WOOT!

Rizban
2008-08-25, 11:48 PM
I'm thinking about making a few more rivers. :smallwink:

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-25, 11:50 PM
There's an excuse for a lack of major rivers...the world is only a few thousand years old and has never been subject to glaciation. So, unless you've done some godly trenching, they're just not there.

tsuuga
2008-08-25, 11:53 PM
Also, keep in mind the scale. A pixel on the map is a square mile. The rivers that do show up are honkin' big.

Faithless
2008-08-26, 12:00 AM
There's an excuse for a lack of major rivers...the world is only a few thousand years old and has never been subject to glaciation. So, unless you've done some godly trenching, they're just not there.

Aint that the truth

Lady Tialait
2008-08-26, 12:05 AM
Plus our god of Water is kinda....not there either...so ya'know that sucks

Oh, and....Evadize is NOT the sleeping God..WAKE UP...

Innis Cabal
2008-08-26, 12:06 AM
The actual sleeping god....lost his bed i think....He's been pretty active

Faithless
2008-08-26, 12:08 AM
Plus our god of Water is kinda....not there either...so ya'know that sucks

Oh, and....Evadize is NOT the sleeping God..WAKE UP...

I CAN'T. I'm spose to be locked in a duel but we cant determine the outcome.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-26, 12:15 AM
I need to create an inevitable, that is born every time an inevitable is born which will kill the inevitable that was just born.

If I wished to avoid infinite recursion, I could just call them evitables I suppose. But what's the fun of that?

Faithless
2008-08-26, 12:18 AM
Evatible
Evadible
Evadul
Evadie
Evadize

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-26, 12:20 AM
Ooh, it's about that time...everyone abandon thread! Swim for your lives!

Matar
2008-08-26, 12:21 AM
How many points would it take to invent Grafting?

Faithless
2008-08-26, 12:23 AM
3 for a new concept. 1 for an existing one.

Matar
2008-08-26, 01:04 AM
Then, is surgery new?

All grafting is is a magic type of surgery.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-26, 01:08 AM
Yes. As the furthest others have gotten in it is, "He's dead Jim"

Faithless
2008-08-26, 01:45 AM
Then, is surgery new?

All grafting is is a magic type of surgery.

Still awake. :(. Anyways Grafting ain't magic kid. Ever hear about skin grafting.

Xuincherguixe
2008-08-26, 01:50 AM
In that case, explain how that tentacle is working without magic.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-26, 01:50 AM
its a muscle.

Matar
2008-08-26, 02:01 AM
Your taking a tentical. And grafting it upon human's body. And it works perfectly fine. You can also do this with magic eyes. And ghost arms. And arms that arn't even alive.

It's magic >_>

Also. We do all this with medevil equipment. ._.

Nefarion Xid
2008-08-26, 02:29 AM
And very little in the way of anesthesia! Cheers!

Shmee
2008-08-26, 05:29 AM
If you're talking about the IC thread... your posts have had nothing to do with my gods. You posted about finding an iron coffin in the abyss, which might be Amalthea's iron maiden. Generally, it's a good idea to send that god's player a PM if you're trying to strike up a conversation but haven't mentioned them by name.

Actually she had sent me a PM a while back about wanting to meet with Amalthea, but I hadn't realized that her post meant that she was actually in front of Amalthea herself.

Tarini, try introducing yourself in the IC thread, normally thats enough to grab Amalthea or Vincent's attention.

*Hey I also watch Bleach, 11th Squad for the win :smalltongue: *

Draken
2008-08-26, 10:56 AM
I watch Bleach, never read the comic.

But Tarini, that's NOT the Bleach he was reffering to, he was refering to the cleaning substance used to make eyesclothes white.

Anyway.

Tsuuga.

Lemures are little stupid devils already.

Gods I have to do something with those devils, but I need the nine lords ready to spend some AP into their frikkin plane before I can start doing something.

tsuuga
2008-08-26, 11:05 AM
Bah. I'll have to come up with a new name for them then, I suppose. Cursed devils, and their eleventy-billion varieties.

Ominous
2008-08-26, 11:11 AM
The manga is better than the anime. You don't have all that crappy filler. Plus, I know what's happening before any of my friends do.

It's the big 5-0.

tsuuga
2008-08-26, 12:20 PM
I'm reorganizing the front page, the new thread will be in the OOC section of the Play by Post boards. Don't post there yet, if you see it.

Draken
2008-08-26, 12:24 PM
Anyway.

Dread Hierarch in the Homebrew thread. An obvious Sapphire Hierarch re-do (buffed up a lot).

Opinions? Horribly Overpowered? Poor BAB is not a way of weakening the fact that this is a cleric PrC because Divine Power is always there to make the fighter cry? I forgot to say the skill points and Hit Dice? Going to edit now.

Faithless
2008-08-26, 12:47 PM
It feels mildy overpowered. Death's Dominion is EXTREMELY powerful. And soulrender's smite, I'm not sure what rend essentia does(Too lazy to look it up). I'm thinking you might want to bump the prerequisites up a bit, maybe to level 8. i'll have to relook at my Magic of Incarnum.

Rizban
2008-08-26, 12:52 PM
http://loc.mornproductions.com/wikka.php?wakka=Index

I've once more attempted to add all the new items to the Index. Please let me know if I've missed anything. Also, please add write ups for your entries and update your deities.

Faithless
2008-08-26, 12:55 PM
I've got an artifact. Staff of the Ancients. Intelligent artifact, working out the stats.

tsuuga
2008-08-26, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I've got no idea how hard it is to meet the incarnum prereqs, or if losing however many levels of incarnum class hurts as much as losing caster levels... but compare to mystic theurge. MT gets a d4 hit die, 1 good save, 2 skill points, and no class features besides double casting progression. In comparison, Dread Hierarch looks really quite powerful.

tsuuga
2008-08-26, 01:08 PM
The thread is dead. Long live the thread! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89090)

Draken
2008-08-26, 01:13 PM
Yea, but mystic Theurge is a trap.

As is, you can qualify for the class at level 6 (Cleric 3/Incarnate 2/Dread Hierarch 1) or maybe 4 if you burn a feat in Shape Soulmeld (waste of feat). You lose a few abilities from the Incarnate (Rapid Meldshaping, Incarnum Radiance, Perfect Meldshaper, Soul Chakra Bind, etc.) Along with a couple of soulmelds.

Death's Dominion is powerful, yes, but it just gets the number of undead you can control at about the same as a full cleric (the Dread Hierarch adds only half his level to his cleric level for rebuking purposes).

By losing... up to 8 meldshaper levels (Cleric 8/Incarnate 2/Dread Hierarch 10) you lose 14 essentia points, 3 soulmelds and 2 chakra binds. You can lose less by burning cleric levels instead, of course, with obvious results.

Rend Essentia deals essentia damage or charisma damage if the target has no essentia, 1d4+1/3 caster levels (or character level in this case)

Faithless
2008-08-26, 01:20 PM
Meant 4 divine 4 Meldshaping. But I see your point. And isn't your maximum undead controlled affected by divine caster level not rebuking level. Just seems like the entry is far too early.

Draken
2008-08-26, 01:31 PM
Commanded: A commanded undead creature is under the
mental control of the evil cleric. The cleric must take a standard
action to give mental orders to a commanded undead. At any one
time, the cleric may command any number of undead whose total
Hit Dice do not exceed his level. He may voluntarily relinquish
command on any commanded undead creature or creatures in order
to command new ones.

It's based on cleric level.

And yea, I will raise the requirement to level 6 I suppose. Just a matter of buffing up Knowledge (Religion) needs to 9.

Faithless
2008-08-26, 01:35 PM
Animated dead though has it's limit based on caster level.

The undead you create remain under your control indefinitely. No matter how many times you use this spell, however, you can control only 4 HD worth of undead creatures per caster level