PDA

View Full Version : What's Something Werid You Do?

fraud
2008-08-09, 01:12 AM
cmon we all do something that may not exactly be the weridest thing in the world but is a bit odd. I for one do whatever the characters do when I'm reading a book. For instance, if it says a character licks her lips I lick my lips, if it says a character blinked really fast I blink really fast. The list goes on and on.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-08-09, 01:16 AM
I subvert American sterotypes. :smalltongue:
Related Spoiler V:
I'm nice to people and don't think yelling really loudly or speaking slowly helps people who don't speak English understand me. I treat people like they're mature adults, and let them "touch the hot stove", so to speak if they really want to.

In all seriousness, now. I try to sneak past myself all the time. Its rather odd, I tell you. I keep catching me, the jerk!

reorith
2008-08-09, 01:25 AM
i stay awake for days at a time without accomplishing anything.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-09, 01:45 AM

Hehe, same here.

fraud
2008-08-09, 02:11 AM

same...wait does just posting on this thread count as accomplishing something?

coracleboat
2008-08-09, 02:12 AM
I've been walking in a counter-clockwise circle in my bedroom for the past hour. Does that count?

reorith
2008-08-09, 02:40 AM
same...wait does just posting on this thread count as accomplishing something?
no. unfortunately it does not.

I've been walking in a counter-clockwise circle in my bedroom for the past hour. Does that count?

no. no it does not.

TheCountAlucard
2008-08-09, 02:56 AM
I have a tendency to eat pasta TV dinners using chopsticks...

coracleboat
2008-08-09, 03:15 AM
no. no it does not.

Now I've been doing it for 2 hours. Does it count now?

The Orange Zergling
2008-08-09, 03:38 AM
I have a tendency to go on all fours when ascending stairs. No particular reason, although I like to think it's faster.

coracleboat
2008-08-09, 04:00 AM
I have a tendency to go on all fours when ascending stairs. No particular reason, although I like to think it's faster.

Oh! I do that too. Going up stairs on just two legs makes me feel slow and unbalanced.

The real weird thing would be if someone went down stairs on all fours.

Austran
2008-08-09, 06:14 AM
I for one do whatever the characters do when I'm reading a book. For instance, if it says a character licks her lips I lick my lips, if it says a character blinked really fast I blink really fast. The list goes on and on.

I do that too!

That is horrible, I've tried it once, almost fell, though.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-08-09, 06:45 AM
Oh! I do that too. Going up stairs on just two legs makes me feel slow and unbalanced.

Most people call that the "Exorcist" walk. Given that my stairs are pretty tall and have large heavy objects at their feet I don't think I'll attempt it, though there's a bunch of videos on youTube to the effect.

There are very few parts of my body that don't click. The annoying part is that many of them click, even when I don't want them to. It's especially painful when my back does that.

I compulsively research and calculate, even when I don't want to (Mostly because I abhore maths). Thanks to this I know a lot of fairly-meaningless trivia and am quite renowned for having obscure numbers in my head (Like knowing that there are 14,440 6-second cycles in a day, and that spiders are virtually blind despite their many eyes).

On the note of spiders, I'm living proof that knowing more about what you fear, if anything, makes you fear it more.

Calamity
2008-08-09, 06:50 AM

Oh, you too, huh? I do that sometimes. Nowhere near as often as I used to though.

Going down the stairs I'm like lightning for some reason. I always dash down them even if I'm not in a hurry.

Killersquid
2008-08-09, 07:09 AM
I've been known to make noises due to my tics when I play games.

AslanCross
2008-08-09, 07:36 AM
I NEVER touch the metal bars on glass doors because I have a phobia of static electricity. I always push on the glass instead.

Dihan
2008-08-09, 07:48 AM

I do that! But only at home...

expirement10K14
2008-08-09, 07:51 AM
Ever since I got this boot-like thing on my leg I have started to sit on the stairs and slowly push myself down. Only going down, I am fine going up.

Mr. Mud
2008-08-09, 07:52 AM

I thinks it weird if you don't do that.

Anyways, if I'm in the mood for it, I'll just repeat what someone says till they leave me alone, like a 3rd grader :smalltongue:.

The annoying human echo strikes again!

Kaelaroth
2008-08-09, 07:52 AM
I work out complex scenarios of how, when and where, I would kill people around me.

Glawackus
2008-08-09, 08:08 AM

Thank God I am not the only one who does this. I was sure it was evidence that I had some kind of bizarre back problem or something.

As far as other bizarre things, I make weird faces when I'm on the computer. I only discovered this the other night, when I tried using a webcam for the first time and my friend asked if I was feeling alright. :smallsigh:

Edit: My friends and I play "Room Full of Zombies". Someone says "Room Full of Zombies", and you have to describe how you would escape from the room if everyone were to suddenly become a zombie. (This is best played in cafeterias, shopping malls, or any other place where there are many, many people.)

Mauve Shirt
2008-08-09, 08:21 AM

Me too! But not at, like, school. Only if the stairs are carpeted.

I take the plastic rings off water and soda bottles and chew them into pieces.
If I have a companion when I'm crossing a street, I'll put my hand on their shoulder or back to "force" them into the street at the right time.

randman22222
2008-08-09, 08:23 AM
Yeah... I don't walk on all fours up stairs. But that's because I skip two steps at a time. And not just at home. In public, too.

Oh, and I spell 'weird' 'werid'. (:smalltongue:)

Mando Knight
2008-08-09, 09:25 AM
Yeah... I don't walk on all fours up stairs. But that's because I skip two steps at a time. And not just at home. In public, too.

I just skip one... I also walk faster than almost anyone else I know... unless they want to try to "beat" me at walking fast...

JasonDoomsblade
2008-08-09, 09:38 AM
I sometimes forget to blink for an extended period of time.

EmeraldRose
2008-08-09, 09:46 AM
At work, I try to never touch the elevator buttons if I can avoid it. I use the edge of a chart if I have some, or my clipboard, or whatever...

Atomsized
2008-08-09, 09:50 AM
Sometimes late at night, i'm too bored to sleep.

Catch
2008-08-09, 09:58 AM
Whenever I use an automatic door, I casually wave my hand at it and pretend like I made it open with the Force.

Despite having grown up (mostly), a small part of me is still six years old and desperately wants to be a Jedi. :smallbiggrin:

bluewind95
2008-08-09, 10:24 AM
cmon we all do something that may not exactly be the weridest thing in the world but is a bit odd. I for one do whatever the characters do when I'm reading a book. For instance, if it says a character licks her lips I lick my lips, if it says a character blinked really fast I blink really fast. The list goes on and on.

:smalleek: ... What if you're reading a book about a guy killing someone next to them?

When I lived in a house with stairs, I did the stairs thing too. It didn't seem faster to me, really. Just... I dunno, less effort.

I also have this almost irresistible urge to press any button in sight and within my reach. This has led to an amusing situation recently. There is this... cable... with a button at the end of it, that comes from a box. I believe this is the traffic light controller. It's disabled, though (I know this because I walked up to it and pressed it and nothing happened then). Of course, every time I walk past it, I press it. The last time, I was walking towards it and as I reached it and held the button to press it, the light went red. I'm told that a car driver gave me a VERY ugly look (I didn't see it myself. I kind of was too busy laughing at the coincidence).

Ayya the Fearsome
2008-08-09, 10:44 AM
I have a tendency to play with my boobs at innappropriate times... and half the time I don't even know I'm doing it!:smallbiggrin:

Pyro
2008-08-09, 10:49 AM
I work out complex scenarios of how, when and where, I would kill people around me.

O lol I think I've done that before. When I was younger I would think about how to commit the perfect crime and it was always so idealistic. "Of course they won't find the gun!!"

Walking up the stairs on all fours? That's fairly absurd, but I sleep on top of the covers and with my feet on the pillow sometimes.

nothingclever
2008-08-09, 11:52 AM
I laugh at "save the children" style commercials where they show these black and white images of starving/sick kids and statistics of how many die each day from each epidemic in their country. There's one that I always watch all the way to the end so I can laugh at the kid with bugs and strange crust covering up his nose because it's so over the top.

reorith
2008-08-09, 01:03 PM
I laugh at "save the children" style commercials where they show these black and white images of starving/sick kids and statistics of how many die each day from each epidemic in their country. There's one that I always watch all the way to the end so I can laugh at the kid with bugs and strange crust covering up his nose because it's so over the top.

that is messed up :smallfrown: but its okay because i do that too.

Castaras
2008-08-09, 01:18 PM
When singing along with songs, I sometimes don't sing the right tune. I sing in harmony.

randman22222
2008-08-09, 01:20 PM
Lol, I can't sing in tune either if it goes into my throat voice. Then I usually end up going to the fifth degree...

If it's in a chest voice, or falsetto (no, I will NOT be posting up recordings), then I can sing in tune.

EDIT: Actually, I end up singing in the 5th degree down if it goes into a falsetto anyway.
EDIT2: Whoa! I think I may actually be singing in tune with Sting here...

MisterSaturnine
2008-08-09, 01:25 PM
I do waaay too many of the things already said to be normal (acting out books as I read them, plan how I'd hypothetically kill, go up/down stairs really fast, etc.), and have some of my own. I'll have one-sided conversations with inanimate objects, and try to negotiate with my computer to make it to work, often shutting it down for long periods of time to teach it a lesson (among other bizarre habits). I have a couple friends who belong to the same family who, while cleaning the house with other family members, will break into unplanned and unrehearsed 8-part harmony. :smalleek: Coolest family ever.

InABanana
2008-08-09, 02:40 PM
I tap the beat to every song with chopsticks or pencils or my fingers to every song i listen to and it really annoys people.

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-09, 03:40 PM

What. The. Fu*k?

I always talk quietly. How quietly? you can hear a pin drop over me. (the sound. Maybe if it WAS dropping over me it would be louder but then again ...

Arioch
2008-08-09, 03:46 PM
When running through conversations in my head, I often mouth, or even say, my side of it. This can be quite creepy for others if they come into my room and I say "Yes, I agree, but what does it mean?" or something like that.

When bored or waiting, I pace in an anticlockwise circle. Always anticlockwise.

I count stairs. Sometimes I count steps, but I almost always count stairs. An unusually large number of staircases seem to have 13 steps, for some reason.

There are probably others, but I can't think of any right now.

Executor
2008-08-09, 03:53 PM
When i'm on long walks, i'll sing little marching songs I learned from Cadets to myself :smallwink:

Also, I always end up infatuated with the girls who already have boyfriends... well that's not so much weird as unfortunate I guess.

Susil
2008-08-09, 04:48 PM
I struggle to read and write entirely in my head. If I'm writing I tend to have to be able to hear the sentence before I can write it down. This has interesting repercussions in my exams, I have to be really aware of what I'm doing lest I find I'm muttering my entire answers to myself in a silent exam hall.... :smalleek:

mockingbyrd7
2008-08-09, 05:14 PM
Spoilered for length, I've got a lot of weird habits and responses to others.

I take the plastic rings off water and soda bottles and chew them into pieces.

I rip the label off of everything I drink and crush the bottle (or can) so I know it's mine. Sometimes I leave part of the label on so it appears that my water bottle has wings, then bounce it up and down in my hand to simulate a flying water bottle. I also write my name on the cap of every water bottle I take out into public. Oh, yeah, and I chew the plastic rings too.

I for one do whatever the characters do when I'm reading a book.

I do that both when I read and when I write. I say my character's dialogue out loud to see if it feels natural.

I compulsively apply alignments to everything that breathes. Characters, real people, dogs, everything. I see some guy and I think, "He is so Chaotic Neutral.". I sometimes don't even realize when I'm doing it (but I never say it out loud.)

Also, I record myself saying the most idiotic things or making strange noises on my cellphone, then delete them.

Same here.

Whenever I use an automatic door, I casually wave my hand at it and pretend like I made it open with the Force.

Despite having grown up (mostly), a small part of me is still six years old and desperately wants to be a Jedi. :smallbiggrin:

I do the exact same thing.

Thanks to you guys, I now have the urge to walk up stairs on all fours. I've never tried it, I've lived in a one-story house all my life

I have a tendency to play with my boobs at innappropriate times... and half the time I don't even know I'm doing it!

I love you.

ColonelFuster
2008-08-09, 06:03 PM
I can not stop giving people their two feats and alignment. I kind of wish I could stop. Me? Lawful neutral, Endurance and Skill Focus(Perform[sing]). My girlfriend? Chaotic good, Tougness and skill focus(handle animal). My best friend? Neutral, open minded. (He's a half-elf.)

InksGuy
2008-08-09, 09:44 PM
Zebra crossings... When I step out onto them, more often than not I swing the first crossing leg into the air in a kind of "goose-step"...

Then I realise that what I'm doing doesn't really look particularly "politically correct", as it were, and try to walk as normally as possible across the crossing, avoiding looking at the drivers waiting for me to get out of the road...

I've been told this is wierd... Although wierdness is a thing that people who know me tend to expect :smallsmile:.

llamamushroom
2008-08-10, 01:31 AM
My friend's mother has conversations with inanimate objects, but also voices them as well. She has been known to have an extended argument with the armchair, tea-cup and ironing board, though I gather that doors and wardrobes are the most common subjects.

Personally? I sing to myself fairly constantly, and (until about 2 years ago) I never spoke in my 'actual' voice - I always spoke in a painful English accent, and so now it was contaminated my true voice, and I've got a slightly English-sounding voice. Also, I try speaking in an Irish accent every so often. What else... Oh, right. I always internally correct the pronunciation/grammar/syntax/word usage of those around me.

Ganurath
2008-08-10, 02:02 AM
I always try to sneak around the house, even if there's nobody home. I also snarl at the neighborhood dogs to shut them up (it usually works, but not always.) What else... Ah! I occasionally nibble on myself. Not enough to break the skin or anything, just enough to taste myself.

Lemur
2008-08-10, 02:07 AM
Unlike everyone else in the world, I'm normal.

mockingbyrd7
2008-08-10, 02:24 AM
I always try to sneak around the house, even if there's nobody home. I also snarl at the neighborhood dogs to shut them up (it usually works, but not always.) What else... Ah! I occasionally nibble on myself. Not enough to break the skin or anything, just enough to taste myself.

I do all three of these things.

I love standing in my backyard and imitating dog noises and getting all the canines on the block going. It's like dominoes, it's beautiful. :smallamused:

Oh! And I LOVE pool noodle fights. I've had them since I was six, and I am unrivaled by anyone but my father. :smallbiggrin:

randman22222
2008-08-10, 04:12 AM
I can not stop giving people their two feats and alignment. I kind of wish I could stop. Me? Lawful neutral, Endurance and Skill Focus(Perform[sing]). My girlfriend? Chaotic good, Tougness and skill focus(handle animal). My best friend? Neutral, open minded. (He's a half-elf.)

Oh god... I think I may have to start doing that... :smalleek:

Toil3T
2008-08-10, 06:37 AM
I've been dropping DnD spells into conversations recently. Like saying that I could cast teleport to get to a local metal gig.
I try using water as a stimulant if I'm really tired.
I dip any food in my coffee and eat it. Normal people dip biscuits and chocolate. I dip Cheese and onion chips, meat, fries from Maccas....
I bite dollar freddos in half. I am told I should bite them into smaller pieces and consume them more slowly.
I drain drink cans and cartons really fast. Once my friend warned me I might get drinking-too-fast cancer.
I stay up and watch DVDs until near daybreak, although this might be considered normal on this forum after looking at the lack-of-sleep thread.
I used to put my left foot first and walk an even number of steps (preferrably 2^n (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 etc.)) on any new surface (dirt to grass to concrete to bitumen, or carpet to lino etc.)

Mc. Lovin'
2008-08-10, 07:19 AM

I do the same, like a "open please" gesture

My friends and I play "Room Full of Zombies". Someone says "Room Full of Zombies", and you have to describe how you would escape from the room if everyone were to suddenly become a zombie. (This is best played in cafeterias, shopping malls, or any other place where there are many, many people.)

Wow that sounds like a fun game

When running through conversations in my head, I often mouth, or even say, my side of it. This can be quite creepy for others if they come into my room and I say "Yes, I agree, but what does it mean?" or something like that.

Oooh I do that, it really annoys me.

When bored or waiting, I pace around in a circle

Same again, I can never stand still if I'm waiting.

Uhm, as for my own weird things, I plan out large fight scenes to certain songs I'm listning to, but I have no idea how I decide which song I plan the fight to, it sort of just appears in my head

bosssmiley
2008-08-10, 07:21 AM
1) Treat foreigners like they're real people, even though they're only mist-dwelling ghost devils. :smallamused:
2) Sleep any time, any place, and for as long as possible.
3) Use the phrase "TL;DR" IRL when I want people to cut to the point

Mustiado
2008-08-10, 07:29 AM
I have a tendency to play with my boobs at innappropriate times... and half the time I don't even know I'm doing it!:smallbiggrin:

How YOU doin'? :smallbiggrin:

As far as weird goes, I hear I make absolutely bizarre faces when playing video games and concentrating hard. Guitar hero, for example.

Deepblue706
2008-08-10, 02:46 PM
Whenever I have 3 people in my car (and ONLY 3), the only music we listen to is the 3rd movement of Beethoven's "Moonlight" Sonata (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqSulR9Fymg). At maximum volume. It's a rule.

randman22222
2008-08-10, 02:49 PM
Whenever I have 3 people in my car (and ONLY 3), the only music we listen to is the 3rd movement of Beethoven's "Moonlight" Sonata (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqSulR9Fymg). At maximum volume. It's a rule.

:smallsmile: I love Moonlight Sonata. All the movements.

EDIT: @V: That. Is. Awesome.

Mr. Mud
2008-08-10, 02:50 PM
Sometimes me and my friend walk down busy sidewalks, acting like we are holding a really big pane of glass, standing maybe 6 feet apart... Sometimes the people actually move out of the way. Playground, my faith in humanity is dwindling. :smallamused:

Arioch
2008-08-10, 03:19 PM

I do this, not becuase I like to pretend to have Force powers, but because it makes me feel important. Sometimes I clap at them instead.

B-Man
2008-08-10, 03:50 PM

Eh, I'm not the only one who sneaks around his own house? Now there's a shocker. I also have a tendency of biting myself, but only hard enough to leave an impression on the back of my hand. I love biting in near-perfect circles. >.>

Other weird stuff includes the inability to sit normally in a chair. I must have at least one foot not touching the ground (if I have one foot on the floor to begin with).

I also have been trying to access the boards on my cellphone's mini-browser. Let's just say that it makes dial-up look fast.

Castaras
2008-08-10, 03:53 PM
Lol, I can't sing in tune either if it goes into my throat voice. Then I usually end up going to the fifth degree...

If it's in a chest voice, or falsetto (no, I will NOT be posting up recordings), then I can sing in tune.

EDIT: Actually, I end up singing in the 5th degree down if it goes into a falsetto anyway.
EDIT2: Whoa! I think I may actually be singing in tune with Sting here...

Ah, but I sing in harmony deliberately. =P

I can sing in tune with it if I want to. I sometimes just prefer to sing an unknown random accompaniment. Sometimes it sounds good. :smallsmile:

randman22222
2008-08-10, 03:55 PM
Ah, but I sing in harmony deliberately. =P

I can sing in tune with it if I want to. I sometimes just prefer to sing an unknown random accompaniment. Sometimes it sounds good. :smallsmile:

I so wish I could sing well. :smallfrown:

Oh well, that'll be the next 'instrument' I take on.
Clarinet, Bassoon, Tenor Sax, Guitar... and soon... vocals.

ColonelFuster
2008-08-10, 03:59 PM
I always harmonize to songs. After years of training, I got really good at it. It really annoys people at camp when I suddenly make a minor 3rd chord with their "go to sleep" song and make it spooky.
Good times.

randman22222
2008-08-10, 04:01 PM
I always harmonize to songs. After years of training, I got really good at it. It really annoys people at camp when I suddenly make a minor 3rd chord with their "go to sleep" song and make it spooky.
Good times.

That's awesome. I can harmonize all sorts of pretty chords when it's just humming, but when actual lyrics come, I dunno what the hell happens to my voice... It's like summat dying. :smallconfused:

ColonelFuster
2008-08-10, 04:04 PM
Heh.:smallamused:
Confusing children while really tired= serves you right for making me this tired

mikeejimbo
2008-08-10, 04:07 PM
I'm a Ham radio operator. APPARENTLY that's weird, because no one posted in my thread about it. :smallfrown:

Foeofthelance
2008-08-10, 04:55 PM
Let's see...

1) Bow to my tables at work, mostly half, occasionally full. Oddly, I tend to make better tips than the others...

2) Mumble nonsense or sing really odd songs under my breath at work. "Some Say the Devil is Dead" and "Blood Upon the Risers" seem to be favorites.

Wizard of the Coat
2008-08-10, 05:02 PM
Let's see...

1) Bow to my tables at work, mostly half, occasionally full. Oddly, I tend to make better tips than the others...

2) Mumble nonsense or sing really odd songs under my breath at work. "Some Say the Devil is Dead" and "Blood Upon the Risers" seem to be favorites.

Number 1 making you better tips i can see...but how do you keep from scaring the customers with number 2?

Mc. Lovin'
2008-08-10, 05:35 PM
Other weird stuff includes the inability to sit normally in a chair. I must have at least one foot not touching the ground (if I have one foot on the floor to begin with).

I also have been trying to access the boards on my cellphone's mini-browser. Let's just say that it makes dial-up look fast.

Oh I do that all the time, my feey are never lower than the chair, in fact as I type now they are currently resting on the ceiling above my head (small room, tall guy)

Jack Squat
2008-08-10, 06:01 PM
I'm a Ham radio operator. APPARENTLY that's weird, because no one posted in my thread about it. :smallfrown:

I've been looking to get into it, but the cost of a radio is turning me off at the moment. When I finally get a car of my own, I'll grab a CB so I can keep the motivation to grab a technician license, then work my way up the line.

Felixaar
2008-08-10, 06:01 PM
I do the whole "making a gesture when automatic doors open" thing too, except I do it to pretty much anything that can be expected to act on its own (including the mens room at JFK airport). Only problem is some times I get a bit ahead of myself and start trying to do this with doors that arent automatic, then look dissapointed when nothing happens.

I also talk to inanimate objects and technology. Like, say I should bump into a post, I will turn around and exclaim "Dude, what did I ever do to you?" or try to coax my computer or mp3 player or some such into working with gentle "come on... come on... gooood computer..."

I could go on and on. Suffice to say that a question with a much shorter answer is "what's something weird you don't do?"

Jae
2008-08-10, 07:20 PM
youve.got.no.idea.

I do thinks backwards. not like, major life things but I do tests backwards..starting from the end to the beginning. Once during a standardized test last year my teacher noticed and made it a deal to announce that little quirk to the class. it was great. Likewise, i start with the last homework question so on and so forth. ive got no idea why but if I actually start from the first question i get all spazzy and this uncontrollable urge to flip to the last page

i eat wierd. layered cake i actually cut into the layers and make piles and stuff. i tear all my food, generally. its v odd so i now try and eat food that isnt tearable/splitable in public. im not sure either tearable or splitable are real words but you get the picture

Its recently come to my attention that when im frustrated i do this wierd huffhuff breathing thing that i never noticed before but in asking a few of my close friends, ive apparently done for like...ever. which im trying to stop but it just akhfdauihfda DOESNT WORK BLAH

im strange.

Mr. Mud
2008-08-10, 07:22 PM
I eat all of all fruits. (I eat EVERY part of the fruit :smalltongue: Stem, pit, core, you name it.) Except for Cantelope chell, and Banana Peels... I'm not THAT much of a freak... am I?... AM I!?!?

Jack Squat
2008-08-10, 07:30 PM
I would imagine avocado pits would be a challenge.

Also, aren't fruit pits poisonous, or is that just some old wives tale?

Bitzeralisis
2008-08-10, 07:31 PM
Well, there's about a million weird things I do, but I forgot most of them. :smallcool:

Ronsian
2008-08-10, 07:35 PM
Well, there's about a million weird things I do, but I forgot most of them. :smallcool:

That in itself is kind of redundant.

I like to eat Good & Plenties, while I'm in th bath. No one can top that weirdness-factor :smallamused:

Foeofthelance
2008-08-10, 08:12 PM
Number 1 making you better tips i can see...but how do you keep from scaring the customers with number 2?

Partly because its already well known amongst that customers that Im functionally insane. Not only do I sing and mumble, I regularly go tit-for-tat when it comes to insulting the boss. (We go back and forth a lot.) I stalk one of the waitresses when ever she bugs me, (which is quite often), and is damned impressive when one realize I'm six-two and wearing boots the entire time. I tend to swing from the support poles rather than slow down on corners, and its known to pretty much anyone that I have a largish swords collection. Oh, and after I stabbed myself, nothing surprises anyone anymore.

As one customer put it, "We might come for dinner, but we all stay for the show." :smallcool:

Mr. Mud
2008-08-10, 08:15 PM
Oh, and after I stabbed myself, nothing surprises anyone anymore.

That made me shoot the coke out my nose. Premission to sig? :smallamused: Signature is full :smallmad::smallfrown

Bitzeralisis
2008-08-10, 08:23 PM
Hmm... I actually came up with something.

I'm a desktop-icon hoarder. My desktop is usually filled to the brim with torrents, the .zip files from those torrents, the files extracted from those .zip files, other random downloads, useless shortcuts, and notepad files. I periodically dump them into a file labeled "reserve desktop" and refuse to delete any of the files in case I ever need to use them (which is never).

@V: I'm not unorganized. My desktop is literally a bitmap file that has little lines drawn on it for my ease of organization.

B-Man
2008-08-10, 08:28 PM
@^ That's rather... nifty... I'd try something like that... if my desktop wallpaper didn't shuffle around every 10 minutes

I'm a desktop-icon hoarder. My desktop is usually filled to the brim with torrents, the .zip files from those torrents, the files extracted from those .zip files, other random downloads, useless shortcuts, and notepad files. I periodically dump them into a file labeled "reserve desktop" and refuse to delete any of the files in case I ever need to use them (which is never).

How is that weird? It's just a little unorganised is all. I have three folders to which things download to (five if you include other miscellaneous download): Firefox Downloads, Bitlord Downloads, Downloads (which is used if I ever have IE 7 running), and then duplicate those folders 'cause of my Vista partition (that I still haven't recovered yet). I still have a lot of my .torrent files, if I don't auto-load them from my browser and then delete my temp folders.

Glawackus
2008-08-10, 08:37 PM
Oh, another thing: when bored, or when someone mentions something that would give us the slightest provocation to remember the movie/musical, my friend and I will start singing songs from The Phantom of the Opera. (At work, I always sing "Down Once More" whenever I am going down in the elevator. :smallbiggrin:)

Unfortunately, when I'm harmonizing with my friend outside of work, I get stuck singing Christine's part a lot. :smallredface:

Ganurath
2008-08-10, 09:11 PM
Other weird stuff includes the inability to sit normally in a chair. I must have at least one foot not touching the ground (if I have one foot on the floor to begin with).Left leg fully upright, knee resting against the coresponding shoulder, foot on the seat of the chair, while right cheek is seated on the right foot, with the right knee pointing forward?

B-Man
2008-08-10, 10:36 PM
Left leg fully upright, knee resting against the coresponding shoulder, foot on the seat of the chair, while right cheek is seated on the right foot, with the right knee pointing forward?

I wish I were flexible enough to do that. That would be awesome.

randman22222
2008-08-11, 03:21 AM
Partly because its already well known amongst that customers that Im functionally insane. Not only do I sing and mumble, I regularly go tit-for-tat when it comes to insulting the boss. (We go back and forth a lot.) I stalk one of the waitresses when ever she bugs me, (which is quite often), and is damned impressive when one realize I'm six-two and wearing boots the entire time. I tend to swing from the support poles rather than slow down on corners, and its known to pretty much anyone that I have a largish swords collection. Oh, and after I stabbed myself, nothing surprises anyone anymore.

As one customer put it, "We might come for dinner, but we all stay for the show." :smallcool:

That is just awesome. I wanna find where you work. You sound just like my second cousin Max, who is level 43, and therefore epic in craziness/awesomeness. (He has freaking Star Wars tattoos! AWESOME!)

Arioch
2008-08-11, 04:29 AM
I would imagine avocado pits would be a challenge.

Also, aren't fruit pits poisonous, or is that just some old wives tale?

Yeah, a lot of fruit pits, such as those in peaches, are filled with cyanide.

Foeofthelance
2008-08-11, 05:26 AM
That is just awesome. I wanna find where you work. You sound just like my second cousin Max, who is level 43, and therefore epic in craziness/awesomeness. (He has freaking Star Wars tattoos! AWESOME!)

P&D's Restaurant in Port Chester, NY. Shouldn't be hard to find me, I'm one of the only two guys running around with hair. Best seats are at the counter!

(Yay shameless plugs! ^^)

Ashen Lilies
2008-08-11, 05:34 AM
Yeah, a lot of fruit pits, such as those in peaches, are filled with cyanide.

Apples too!

Apparently sitting strangely, sneaking around the house and going up the stairs on all fours is actually pretty damn common. As of now, sitting on my back with my knees on my chest and my arms around them.:smallconfused:

I have the weird tendency to greet people in weird ways. Examples: Herro, Yello, Yerro, and Yo-eth. It's the last one that gets me the most stares. Oh, and I'm like one of two geeks in the entire school. IAmNotMakingThisUp.:smallmad:

Gorbash
2008-08-11, 05:37 AM
I NEVER touch the metal bars on glass doors because I have a phobia of static electricity. I always push on the glass instead.

Omg, me too! Although I sometimes feel bad because it's kinda rude to leave your prints all over the glass, but better that than to get zapped. :smalleek: Although I wouldn't call it a phobia, I just avoid touching it...

mockingbyrd7
2008-08-15, 04:41 PM
When I'm listening to music and eating, I always chew to the beat of the song, sometimes without realizing it.

Omg, me too! Although I sometimes feel bad because it's kinda rude to leave your prints all over the glass, but better that than to get zapped. :smalleek: Although I wouldn't call it a phobia, I just avoid touching it...

I'm the opposite, I love the feeling of getting zapped by static electricity. I actively seek it out, in fact.

alchemyprime
2008-08-15, 07:33 PM
Um...

I have feared mollusks since I was little. It only made Lovecraft scarier.

I run up the stairs on all fours.

I constantly think about my own stories.

I collect swords. I tell my little sister that "since Dad doesn't have a shotgun, you're boyfriends will have to fear 'Big Brother With a Sword!'

I'm sporadically dysphagic.

I wish I had need for glasses, but I'm the only person in my family with perfect vision. No really. Perfect. Like if I did better I'd see through walls.

I tend to stutter in awkawrd social situations to make them less awkward for everyone else.

I try to simultaneously be like Giacomo Cassanova, Gary Gygax, Captain America (Steve Rogers), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Jesus of Nazareth and Stan Lee. It's tricky... it typically involves me being charming, wise, nerdy and ending conversations with "'Nuff said".

Oh, and I try to quote Demitri Martin, Spider-Man or ex-presidents on a daily basis.

'Nuff said.

Pyro
2008-08-15, 07:43 PM
Speaking of static, last year when we discussed electricity, the class prank was to rub your jeans against the seat, then zap someone on the ear. So ummm I guess that's kinda weird. Also contrary (or not so, I dunno) static electricity does make a spark. It just has to be really dark and often people don't shock themselves in a closet.

Collin152
2008-08-15, 07:51 PM

Wooh, was afraid that was just me.

evisiron
2008-08-15, 08:00 PM
Sometimes I mentally convert songs I hear into their Guitar Hero version.
Also, if I hear a song from a GH game, I no longer play Air Guitar. I play Air Guitar Hero. :smallbiggrin:

Trizap
2008-08-15, 08:13 PM
I don't sit on chairs normally, I tend to like, perch on them, sit with my feet on them

Xeava
2008-08-15, 08:14 PM
I sneak around the house

I eat popcorn with a spoon

I eat icecreams with a knife and fork. (unless too melted)

I voice mental conversations aloud.

I pace when having these vocal conversations with myself

Talk to the computer or my CD player and ask the to work (nicely)
Surprisingly I found it works for me and they useually start working again.

I dont like people hugging me.

At times I get urges to run all around the house at a ridiculous speed.

I sometime think of ways to kill people.

I do that whole "Jedi use the Force" except I do it with the montion sensor lights outside my house instead of moving doors.

When walking on the large square patterned floors I only put my foot on one sqaure and cannot step on a line. I can only put one foot in each square.

Collin152
2008-08-15, 08:18 PM
I stare at people until they freak out.
I have a very unnerving stare. My eyes kind of go real dark and creepy.

Saithis Bladewing
2008-08-15, 08:19 PM
Another one guilty of four-limb stair-climbing, though I tend to take steps two-at-a-time regardless.

If I open the silverware drawer and every piece is not perfectly stacked, I flip out and spend as long as it takes to re-stack them and line them up neat and tidy. Is that weird?

I poke people in the side hard enough to cause physical pain if they try to hug or offer some other form of prolonged touch.

I'm paraphasic.

I randomly switch between being left-handed and right-handed for a lot of tasks.

Give a quick bow whenever I thank someone.

Post on some weird message board with a bunch of weird crazy people who want to eat my soul but pretend to be nice and cool. :smallannoyed:

Oh, and I reserve the right to creep anyone, and I mean ANYONE, out, with a simple stare from up to 50 metres away.

I do that perching on chairs thing too...

Damnit, there's no way I can even begin to list all the weird things I do. This is just scratching the surface.

Collin152
2008-08-15, 08:22 PM
Oh, I go up stairs on all limbs when I can.

Whenever I can, I speak in the form of a quote, especially if the listener wouldn't recognize the source therof.

Agamid
2008-08-15, 08:59 PM
i swear loudly and badly when i play computer RPGs, regarless of the company i'm in... but when not playing i rarely swear at all...

i use a lot of full-stops when i type online...

i communicate with my little brother in mighty boosh and metalocalypse quotes and a series of grunts and humming sounds...

i eat pies, cakes and ice cream with a knife and fork...

my knees fail at random intervals in the day, and thus i fall over at strange moments...

I actually kind of like having needles in my skin... and satisfy this on a regular basis...

i have some series OCD when it comes to grocery shopping; if i go down an aisle the 'wrong way' i feel sick and freak out a bit and when you're putting things up at the check-out you need to do it in a specific order or i have another little freak out...

if my feet can touch the ground when i'm sitting, then i still with them pointed...

Iethloc
2008-08-15, 09:43 PM
Spoilered due to large number of odd habits and quirks.

I can't operate watches with my right hand (found this out after I began wearing a watch all the time, although I lost it at a friend's house). In fact, if I ever do something I haven't done before with my left hand, I can usually only do it well with my left hand forevermore.

I also always sneak around the house, especially at night.

In addition to that, I can give a very unnerving stare. I just look at someone, unblinking, and tilt my head forward just slightly, so my forehead casts a shadow over my eyes (and my irises appear black unless you view them up close). I also have more than one type of laugh, depending on the type of humor. Dark humor...that laugh has scared people.

I've also had a lot of trouble sleeping. Not only because it's been hot for the past couple of days, but mostly because when I close my eyes, it seems like they try to focus on the inside of my eyelids. Also, I have extremely good eyesight (and I'm the only one in my family who doesn't wear glasses).

And I can never stay still when I'm standing (naturally, I hate waiting in lines). I must always walk (or at least shift my weight constantly), although I have not noticed whether it's clockwise or counterclockwise.

On multiple occasions, I've creeped out my friends, because cats always like me. Always. On more than one occasion, a cat I've never seen before will walk up to me, look me straight in the eyes, and meow, expecting to be picked up and cuddled. The feeling is usually mutual. One time at a friend's house (not the one at which I lost my watch), all three of his cats were sitting around me (it wasn't easy to keep up with them), and at another point in the same day, I had two of them on my lap with the other one pacing around my feet.

I have a tendency to stat people out in my head, as well. But it's usually with the Exalted system, not D&D (for example, I know I have at least 1 dot in athletics, possibly with a 1 dot specialty in balance, but my only good physical attribute is dexterity. I also have a Lore + Intelligence of at least 6). Another RPG related quirk I have is that I had no clue about character optimization until I actually got into a pbp and saw the other optimized characters. Since then, I've become infamous in my real life RP group for my incredible characters, especially since I can be very, very lucky with dice (Rifts...Siberian Tiger Kill Cat...Max roll on strength...successfully rolled the percentage dice to be in the 33% with supernatural strength).

I once knew how to swim excellently with my legs. But now, for some reason, I've completely forgotten how, so I have to use my arms (I'm still fairly good at swimming, though).

I must always fiddle with something with my hands, especially when I'm angry. I usually keep 8d6 at my desk, and drop them, one by one, into my other hand, and repeat the process ad infinitum, stopping only to use the mouse or to type.

Collin152
2008-08-15, 09:48 PM
I spin things.
In my hands.

It helps me to think.

I have this T-shaped amalagation of k'nex, that I spin in my hands when I think. I'm half as imaginative when I'm not lying on my back spinning it in the air.

Shraik
2008-08-15, 09:51 PM
I pretend to be godly as joke despite having low self-esteem.

I wore a trench coat until April.

I wore my school uniform pants out in public.

I haven't worn jeans in over five years.

I learned smoke on the water on a banjo because I was bored.

I'll Backhand people.

I air guitar on a regular basis when no one is home other then myself.

Jack Squat
2008-08-15, 09:55 PM
Shraik, that last one's not wierd...it'd be wierd if you did it in public.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2298/2249130499_5b38cc0421_o.jpg

Saithis Bladewing
2008-08-15, 10:05 PM
I air guitar in public... v.v

Usually while shouting 'Excellent!'

Trizap
2008-08-15, 10:07 PM
oh yeah, and I like to pace around, and roleplay to myself while doing it

Iethloc
2008-08-15, 10:24 PM
I also like wearing a black jacket whenever I'm outside. Not very comfortable since it's summer, but the heat won't bother me as long as I can keep moving.

I also always wear my brown fedora whenever I'm outside of my house. Usually in conjunction with my black jacket. I've only seen one or two other people in the entire city who wears a hat (one of my friends used to have a fedora, as well, but he doesn't wear it anymore).

I also like playing Guitar Hero (and I have to resist playing Air Guitar whenever I see that game). However, all the colorful lights can be distracting. If I were really playing guitar and had the song in my head, I'd wear a blindfold while playing. Too bad I can't do that while playing Guitar Hero.

If my hands have nothing with which to fiddle, and if no one is looking, I will tap one or more fingers against my teeth.

I'm not sure if it's actually odd, but I can barely sleep anywhere other than my own bed. Usually, I just lie there for several hours staring at the dark, and I just. Can't. Sleep. The last time I slept over at a friend's house (a different friend than the ones I mentioned before), I only managed to snag about half an hour of sleep.

alchemyprime
2008-08-15, 10:40 PM
I do the force thing too. But I also open my clamshell phone with speakerphone and say "Kirk here."

chiasaur11
2008-08-15, 11:40 PM
Breathe out my eyeballs.

Shadow
2008-08-16, 01:45 AM
I have TONS of little obsessive-compulsive quirks.
I means, like, TONS!

One simple example: I have to check the oven to make sure that it's turned off every single time I step into the kitchen. No idea why.

Every. Single. Time.
:smallconfused:

Jade Falcon
2008-08-16, 02:01 AM
I always look at the things I drink and eat. And I never drink and eat in the dark. I absolutely fear to accidental swallow a bug or spider with my food :smalleek:

Shraik
2008-08-16, 10:10 PM
I screech at the people in the room, hit them constantly, and shout very loudly, sounding like I'm drunk....when I play with people in Halo 3

Crispy Dave
2008-08-16, 10:18 PM
I tend to think abouit what-if's all the time even to the piont where im annoyed with myself

Xyk
2008-08-16, 10:21 PM
I wore a mask and cape for 2 weeks straight last summer. I also do a hell of alot of meta-thinking so that is is really hard to focus.

Vella_Malachite
2008-08-16, 11:50 PM
...everything...:smalltongue:

Just to list a few, spoilered for lengthiness (hehe paradox):smallbiggrin:

My sense of order is highly developed to the point of compulsive. My bookcase must be arranged to that the piles of serieses are arranged with the first book on the bottom, in order, facing the same way. Certain things go in certain drawers and so forth, and if something is out of order, I immediately get twitchy until I fix it. One thing that annoys me is Dad constantly putting my T-shirts in my long-sleeved-shirt drawer.:smallannoyed:

On the subject of twitchy, I absolutely hate spelling and grammar errors. I correct errors in my exam questions if I finish them early and refuse to type abbreviations such as 'lol' 'rofl' 'brb' etc unless I really, really have to, am talking about them specifically (e.g. this sentence) or am mocking them.

And I hate the little icon that appears if you mistype something in Word and it corrects it for you. I am compelled to go back and type the word over again just to get rid of the symbol. If I don't, it just...feels weird...

I constantly roleplay in my head, whether fanfiction style or from stories I'm writing or whatever, just constantly roleplaying.

I, also, am compelled to do things characters are doing when I read. I will attempt to copy expressions, lick my lips, whisper lines in the accent indicated, make hand movements, everything.

I jump at everything. It's really easy to startle me. It scares my teachers. It annoys my friends. I have honed jumpiness to cat-like standards.

And finally, I have made it a habit of smiling creepily at things. Seriously. My default expression is a blank stare (which everyone says is really scary; I creep out everyone with it), but if left alone with a book or music, I will gradually settle my face into a strange half-smile normally found on the faces of insane, psychopathic, sociopathic supervillains from fantasy movies/novels. I'm doing it right now...

...OK, I have problems...

Leigh
2008-08-17, 06:23 PM
On the subject of twitchy, I absolutely hate spelling and grammar errors. I correct errors in my exam questions if I finish them early and refuse to type abbreviations such as 'lol' 'rofl' 'brb' etc unless I really, really have to, am talking about them specifically (e.g. this sentence) or am mocking them.

And I hate the little icon that appears if you mistype something in Word and it corrects it for you. I am compelled to go back and type the word over again just to get rid of the symbol. If I don't, it just...feels weird...

I can relate to both of these so well it's crazy. Except for the abbreviations, I do use those on a regular basis. *facepalm*
In other categories, I start dancing a lot. Randomly. In public. Bouncing up and down. Lip-syncing all of the words, too...sometimes I even get [MORE] carried away and actually start singing. I really don't get this, because I've always been UBER-shy about my voice and I never sing in front of people, though I have been getting better about that lately.
And if I'm realllly into it, then yeah.
I airguitar.:smallamused:
Though I usually come out of my little phases mortally embarrassed, it never stops me from doing it the next time.
I have a lot more, but it's past midnight and my brain is kind of forcing me to shut down.
Will be back with more random and slightly disturbing facts about myself later, night all:smallbiggrin:

fraud
2008-08-19, 12:50 PM
I do the same but only with songs that really get me active. Although I am, like you, embarrased about my singing voice because whenever I sing my family usually tells me to shut up:smallfrown:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-19, 01:09 PM
I sit weird on my chair when reading long pieces of fanfiction sometimes.

I don't think its good for my back... I should sit normally or something......

Player_Zero
2008-08-19, 01:36 PM
I just ate my ruler.

Plastic. Not very nice.

Arioch
2008-08-19, 01:46 PM
I hate things being out of place. If someone puts the wrong bits of cutlery in a section of the cutlery draw, I will fix the error and berate anyone who happens to be nearby.

I correct grammar and syntax as habit. If I am given a piece of paper with an error on it, and I have a pen to hand, I will correct the error.

When I line up my D&D Miniatures I like to position them so it looks like they're having a tiny battle.

I have more books than anyone else in the house, and I arrange them alphabetically by author. Anyone who takes a book and then puts it back in the wrong place will draw my wrath.

As you may have guessed by now, I like to sort things. My books are arranged by author, my MTG cards are arranged by set and set number, my clothes are in different drawers according to garment type (though I imagine most people do that), my stationary is arrnaged in drawers according to type. My PC Documents are full of subfolders and sub-subfolders. For example, to get to the Dragon magazine PDFs I've downloaded from the D&D site, you have to go:

Documents -> Dungeons and Dragons -> 4th Edition -> Dragon

I detail my personal foibles to people on the internet I know nothing about. :smallbiggrin:

Callista
2008-08-19, 02:52 PM
Half my behavior is "something weird I do"! (Aspie. Heh.)

Basically, I do things the way I want to do them, and pretty much ignore social conventions and "supposed to". For example, I think I took my SATs with my shoes off... Hey, it's more comfortable that way!

Only time I don't do that is if it might hurt somebody. Every time I say something that accidentally embarrasses somebody, I regret it for ages and apologize about a dozen times... I'm getting better. They'll give you social skills lessons for free if you're an Aspie. It's kind of like learning a second language.

Let's see...

I randomly twitch muscles... like right now I'm twitching my calf muscles for some reason...

I drink coffee out of soup bowls... 20 ounce soup bowls, the sort that have high sides and look like big, short mugs... :)

I talk to my cats as though they were human. They understand some words... I guess maybe 20-30 words apiece. (This is pretty good for a cat. An average dog could understand 100, but cats are not as motivated to "follow the leader".)

I don't have a driver's license, so I use a bike for transportation. Oh, and I weigh 200 pounds at 5'3". Who says fat people don't exercise?

I absolutely refuse to wear dress shoes, pantyhose, or make-up.

I have shaved my head in the past, because I got tired of my hair. (Yes, I am female.) I also refuse to use hair spray or gel, though I will pin my hair out of the way with a couple of clips. And I cut my own hair with some clippers on their longest setting (5/8ths inch).

I like to eat cream cheese and jelly bagels, except nowadays I can't because they're so expensive and I have to eat oatmeal instead.

I have a collection of cheap wind instruments: Recorders, fifes, tin whistles, even little plastic birthday-party favors. I play the recorder well enough to handle music written back when recorders were considered "real instruments". My mom keeps telling me I should be playing the flute, and I keep telling her recorders really aren't toys, even though it's easy to learn, and anyway, you can get to the really interesting pieces more quickly that way. With a flute I'd still be playing "Amazing Grace" or something.

I don't notice it when I get bruises and cuts, which is a lot because I'm clumsy.

I don't use library card catalogs because I know where everything is.

EndlessWrath
2008-08-19, 03:09 PM
I can memorize anything I've seen or heard (like...monty python quotes and such from movies and songs) at any time. and can keep them memorized for years... but it takes me 2 months to learn my music for marching band =/

I also quote The Tick as often as possible...even if my quotes are not directly from the show.

Recently I seem to be referencing old awesome things in jokes recently... and no one gets the reference -_-, mostly stuffs from the 90's and such.. like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, or The old Gauntlet Games.... no one gets it till I explain. then its just not funny anymore

Wraithy
2008-08-19, 03:14 PM
I click most of the bones in my body on a daily basis, usually while talking to people.

Weezer
2008-08-19, 03:17 PM
This is me, I do it all the time:
http://xkcd.com/337/

I also plan escape routes from wherever I am, just in case THEY come after me. I've been in my dorm for less than a week and I already have 3 escape routes that do not involve doors.

Alleine
2008-08-19, 04:02 PM
When taking standardized tests I imagine the paper is the side of a massive spaceship and all the bubbles I fill in are holes from the shots I've hit it with.

I have trouble focusing on the road when I drive. I'd rather look out the side windows since that's what I've done since before I could drive.

I also bite myself, mostly because the marks my teeth make look really hardcore.

I used to go up the stairs on all fours until my legs were long enough to take the stairs two at a time.

I usually have conversations with my friends... except they aren't there and its all in my head.

Headless_Ninja
2008-08-19, 04:07 PM
If I get knocked or scraped on one side of my body, I touch/scratch the equivalent but opposite part of my body to 'even it out'. Like say I scraped my left wrist on my desk while typing, I'd purposefully scrape the left wrist along the desk in the same place (of the wrist). I also count syllables in songs/conversation. Not as a sum, really; I just go '1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5' etc with the fingers on one side to see if the lyrics/conversation has a number of syllables that is a multiple of five.
EDIT: Oh, and I carry an ice-cream spoon, first-aid kit and mouth-to-mouth mask everywhere I go, but often forget my keys, phone or inhaler. I also apologise incessantly. Even to inanimate objects. The one that always gets mentioned is when I apologised to a life-sized cardboard cutout of Tiger Woods. Since I've started working as a waiter, whenever I bump into someone, I also call them 'sir' or 'madam', when apologising - I've gotten so used to talking to customers.

Leigh
2008-08-20, 05:06 AM
Aahh, yeah...
I've tripped and said "sorry" to the floor.
Countless times.

Castaras
2008-08-20, 05:22 AM
I usually have conversations with my friends... except they aren't there and its all in my head.

<.< >.> *same* When I'm bored, or doing nothing, my imagination cooks up some very interesting conversations.

banjo1985
2008-08-20, 06:04 AM
I have a tendency to continuously shake my legs whenever I'm sitting still, much to the annoyance of Mrs Banjo and complaints from my knees. It might just be my body relieving my hyperactive energy so that I don't bounce off the walls all the time and pour lemon juice down my ear-holes or something. :smallbiggrin:

Ghastly Epigram
2008-08-20, 07:08 AM
I have a tendency to continuously shake my legs whenever I'm sitting still, much to the annoyance of Mrs Banjo and complaints from my knees. It might just be my body relieving my hyperactive energy so that I don't bounce off the walls all the time and pour lemon juice down my ear-holes or something. :smallbiggrin:

My brother does this all the time. It is so very annoying when I am sitting on the same sofa as him. :smallyuk:

I am one of those people with too many weird things to possibly list them all. I eat and breathe weirdness. An example right now though would be putting my hair in my mouth (Of which I have an abundance), although I do not usually actually bite it. I also hold conversations with myself, people in my head, fictional characters, inanimate objects, et cetera. I also think up scenes in my head and act them out while pacing back and forth when I am by myself. I may also break into random sound effects or dance numbers without warning. Or song. Or weird laughter. Or anything. I simultaneously hate talking and cannot live without it. If nobody is talking in my house I WILL fill the void. Usually with random absurdities. Though I have trouble speaking around people I do not know. Because I am a big bundling sack of nerves and neuroses. I also repeat most advertisement jingles I see. I repeat a lot of things. I quote a lot of things as well, including lines I have come up with myself. Also, not only do I always try and type with proper grammar (I probably fail sometimes on that front) and spelling and all that stuff no matter what I am doing (Not something you see when playing games online very often >_>), but I also for some reason try to never use contractions. I always spell out the words in full. This ends up sounding weird when I say things like "is not it" instead of "isn't it." And of course no acronyms like LOL, ROFL, all that stuff. I generally do not mind how other people type though. Unless they misspell a title, like the Werid in this threads title. That bugs me.

I also ramble. Did I mention I ramble?

Ilena
2008-08-21, 01:55 PM
I wish I had need for glasses, but I'm the only person in my family with perfect vision. No really. Perfect. Like if I did better I'd see through walls.

Ill trade you eyes if you want ... i hate wearing glasses

As for myself for weird things i talk to my computer sometimes trying to convince it to work ... i talk to my horses and consider them people and closer kin then humans for i like and understand them better, i hate driving although im not sure if thats weird or anything nowadays, i create stories in my mind of almost all types and have done so for many years to keep me company (mostly alone throughout my younger years and even though im 21 i can count on 2 hands the friends i have that i see with any regularity), probably a few other things that im forgetting and some things mentioned here that ive stopped doing but ya ...

nothingclever
2008-08-21, 02:39 PM
I frequently think about going on a systematic killing spree and seeing how long it takes for the authorities to catch me assuming I choose to be very careful.

Ilena
2008-08-21, 03:29 PM
Ya ive done that too, ive always wondered how people could be so stupid to get caught at some of the stuff they do, mostly ive learned never involve other people, and if you have an active volcano and if you kill someone, toss them in it and the murder weapon for good messure and you are set :P Barring lack of volcano .. go deeeeeeeeep into the forrest, like a half day hike into the bush nowhere near any trails and burry there .. almost noone ever goes there and good luck finding anything if you do it right, also if you are into randomly killing people for no reason, sitting on a hill with a rifle and shooting random people will be easy too ...

Kilbia
2008-08-21, 04:44 PM
I noticed a couple mentions about people who sneak around in their houses.

I'm just the opposite - if I have reason to believe I might unwittingly sneak up on somebody, I will deliberately make noise so as to not startle them. Or at least not startle them as much. Key-jingling is my favorite means of achieving this.

If I pass gas, I always try to take a step backward and inhale as much of it as possible in hopes that nobody else will notice what I did.

8ronte
2008-08-22, 10:55 AM
i am a lazy neat freak.
i obsessivly like things to be neat, straight and even, but i am often to lazy to do so. its very conflicting at times. sometimes i flip out and clean everything in sight if i feel its messy.

i also chew on my pinky finger (i even have callouses) when ever i am at the computer. Most of the time i don't realise i'm doing it untill my finger starts to hurt.

Ilena
2008-08-22, 11:46 AM
well the only time i make noise when approaching someone is when im coming up behind my horses, as you really dont want to startle a 1000 pound horse or go flying from a kick from one ...

Mad Scientist
2008-08-22, 05:18 PM
i am a lazy neat freak.
i obsessivly like things to be neat, straight and even, but i am often to lazy to do so. its very conflicting at times. sometimes i flip out and clean everything in sight if i feel its messy.

Hurray to finally hear about someone like me! It drives my husband nuts when I complain that "his stuff is everywhere" not all the mess is mine. My mess is invisible, his is just messy.

Let's see, I can sleep ANYWHERE except someone else's uncomfortable bed. Bench, car, floor, beach, rocks, etc all fine.

I also eat my food one item at a time. Like, the whole burger and then the fries. Or first the salad, then the chicken, then the rice.

SilentNight
2008-08-22, 06:08 PM
Occaisionally somebody will say something in a conversation that will make me think of something else. That in turn will lead to something else and so on until about five minutes later I will blurt out a complete non-sequiter that I find entirely relevant. Then when I try to explain the thought process people look at me like I'm insane.

Leigh
2008-08-22, 06:20 PM
Occaisionally somebody will say something in a conversation that will make me think of something else. That in turn will lead to something else and so on until about five minutes later I will blurt out a complete non-sequiter that I find entirely relevant. Then when I try to explain the thought process people look at me like I'm insane.

Ohhh, that happens all the time. For example:
"Pass the juice."
"Babies are cute!"

pass the juice - juice sounds like josh - josh is a nice baby name - babies are cute:smallbiggrin:

Occasional Sage
2008-08-22, 06:59 PM
I post in these forums. :smallbiggrin:

Kneenibble
2008-08-22, 07:10 PM
I post in these forums. :smallbiggrin:

No more posts here, the thread is won.

SilentNight
2008-08-22, 07:10 PM
Ohhh, that happens all the time. For example:
"Pass the juice."
"Babies are cute!"

pass the juice - juice sounds like josh - josh is a nice baby name - babies are cute:smallbiggrin:

Exactly. :smallbiggrin:

black_Lizzard
2008-08-24, 09:40 AM
I sometimes bite myself, the great thing is i have a large gap between my front teeth, so my bite marks are smiley faces.

Oh yea, i often go over how i would kill someone if they attacked me. Sometimes i just think of what i would do if someone attacked me randomly.
scenarios in spoiler tag (rather violent but not too visually descriptive). Actually, i cant find where the spoiler tag option is so the description is in white.

If they had a knife i would try to kick it out of their hand (no one expects that). If they had a gun i would sidestep and bull-rush them. To disable someone i would stick my thumbs in their eyes and threaten to blind them (though i would never gouge out both eyes because it'd suck to be totally blind). Or i would get them in a choke-hold and strangle them till until they give up (it's really easy to keep a choke-hold because the worst they can really do is jab at me). if i really needed to kill someone for some unknown reason i would knock them down and crush their throat with my foot. Oh, and the best way to murder someone (i learned this from my brother) is stab them with an icicle: no murder weapon.

other weird things... i eat plants randomly, just to see how they'd taste, and if i'm bored outside ill eat clover flowers and the long pieces of grass (not the fibery part but the chewy center)

I pace, alot. sometime ill make circuits through multiple rooms.
And if you read the part in white you'll realize that i have a pretty morbid imagination.

AceOfFools
2008-08-24, 07:05 PM
I wear hats all the time and even respond to "Hats." People notice and comment when I go hatless.

I have a tricorne that I refer to as my Imperial Oppression Hat. As I once explained to group of citizens of India: "Why try to associate with pirates, when I could associate myself with a greater evil?" I always wear it when playing Settlers of Catan, too.

I try to use the exclimation "Die in a fire!!" as often as I can in my daily life.

I have a spiked dog collar I've worn in public (to college courses even) along with a t-shirt that says "It's a control thing."

I hug total strangers like a mentally challenged boy. I've also been known to act mentally challenged to get to use children specific attractions at amusement parks, or when bored.

I have long hair that I like to style in pigtails.

I've stolen nail polish and painted eyes on my toes in an effort to prove I wasn't normal (and the chick whose nail polish I stole was aware of all of the above).

The cup of top has got to be the fact that I eat myself.

Little bits of skin from my fingers or lips for the most part, although if I have a scrape or cut that has a little piece of skin hanging off, I'll eat it. Incidentally, skin from the soles of your feet tastes terrible, as does that stuff that peels off when you get sunburned. The rest of it tastes pretty good.

Sneak
2008-08-24, 07:06 PM
I occasionally like to watch car commercials from the 80s while eating a grilled cheese sandwich and listening to Paul Simon.

It's true.

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-08-26, 11:22 AM
Well, here are two weird things I do:

When I eat something colored like Skittles or M&M's, I usually separate them according to color and eat them in little groups.

Also, in the summer, I change my clothes a lot due to the humidity. I just can't stand being sticky. :smallyuk:

PhallicWarrior
2008-08-26, 12:59 PM
So many neurosis neroses noresses neuroses. (Finally. One of my little quirks is my incessant need for everyone around me to spell correctly and use capital letters and punctuation like civilized people.)

Most of mine have been mentioned already, (the random, voluntary muscle spasms and eating Skittles in groups sorted by color spring to mind.) I have a few that haven't yet, so here goes:

I write stories in my head, and recite or refine them when I'm bored.

As a footnote to the above, I like to insert myself into fictional universes during the show, or while I'm reading the book. Makes for a good writing excercise.

There are more, but I'm on break, and I have to get back to work.

Zanthur
2008-08-26, 06:18 PM
I count stairs. Sometimes I count steps, but I almost always count stairs. An unusually large number of staircases seem to have 13 steps, for some reason.

I count stairs too. Usually I try to make myself forget what number I was on because I find it irritating to myself, but I usually cant forget the number.

Also, when I eat something that is small pieces (crackers, chips, etc.) I usually try to eat the equal number of them on each side of my mouth. For instance, if I eat 2 crackers and chew them on the right side of my mouth, I cant just chew one on the left side. Gotta have 2.

Another thing I do (going along with the stair thing) is that I count the stairs going down to my basement every time. Only going down. And there are 11 stairs before the landing (there are actually 2 landings because the stairs end at a wall and the landings do a U-turn). Even if I kept perfect count, I never believe myself when I reach the first landing and I have to look. I think I almost fell once, so thats probably why, but I just cant count down to 11 and trust that I'm on the landing.

Going with PhallicWarrior's post about correcting spelling all the time, I can't stand it when other people use apostrophe's in the wrong spot or dont use them at all, but it doesnt bother me when I dont use them. I dont put them in the wrong spot though. That does bug me.

This one isnt me, but this kid I worked with (he left about a month or two ago) would, every time he walked by something that was made out of cardboard, rub his knuckles on it really fast so it made this odd, loud ZIP! noise. You always knew when he was heading your way because he ALWAYS did this. I thought that perhaps, just once, he would walk by a box and not do it. I was wrong.

Manoftyr
2008-08-26, 06:28 PM
Let's see....

Whenever I'm listening to music I find myself counting the amount of syllables in the lyrics, and I do the same thing to people's sentences when they're talking...but I don't do it if I'm typing or reading something, it's entirely auditory.

Whenever I enter a room I immediately scan it for tactical purposes I.E. I identify the high ground, the low ground, quickest escape routes etc.

My right leg jitters when I'm nervous, even if I'm standing up.

Geh, that's all I can think of right now...I'm sure there are more weird things I do frequently.

Edea
2008-08-26, 06:33 PM
I like eating applesauce through a straw. Does that count?

Leigh
2008-08-27, 10:44 AM
I try to use the exclimation "Die in a fire!!" as often as I can in my daily life.

I hug total strangers like a mentally challenged boy. I've also been known to act mentally challenged to get to use children specific attractions at amusement parks, or when bored.

zomg. you are my new hero.

wadledo
2008-08-27, 11:27 AM
I dress as a giant lobster for the amusement of children and adults alike, and I always refer to women above the age of 50 as "Young Ladies".
I have a large collection of hats, including a wizard hat, a jesters hat, a newsboy cap, a straw farmers hat, a tie-dye Mohawk, a pope hat, a hat made out of an old bird house, a hat made out of paperback books that I can take off and reattach as the need strikes me, and a hat that looks like a chicken.
I own my own bookstore at the age of 17.
I have set up a system of pulls in my room that make it so I can literally sleep on air.

Em Blackleaf
2008-08-27, 11:15 PM
Wadledo, that is the most awesome thing I've ever heard of. Sleeping on air. How do you do that? Do you happen to have a lot of free time or something? :smalltongue:

I'm easily entertained by calculators. I will just pick up my calculator at random and mess around with it. That probably started when I decided I would figure out how to clear the memory.
Yeah, that's not really the weirdest thing, but it's pretty weird for me.

Does it count as weird that I'm a Freshman taking Algebra 2?

AceofFools, Oh yeah? Well I have a friend who tells people to die in tornadoes. :smallbiggrin:

wadledo
2008-08-27, 11:37 PM
I tend to have a huge amount of no time, and a small amount of lots of time.
The ceiling of my room is severely slanted(I live in the attic of aCape Cod house (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Cod_(house))), and one day I found the beams, hammered in a few nails, and strung wire in between them to give me any wall space.
Eventually, we came into the possession of some pulleys, as Cape Coders are inclined to, and since nobody was going to use them, I cleaned 'em off, attached them to my ceiling, and made myself a lazy man's paradise.
Several days later, I grew bored with it, strung some ropes under my bed and pulled.
Thus, I can now flip my mattress with no help, and am being gently being rocked to sleep 2 inches above the slats of my bed frame.

Kimusabe
2008-08-29, 01:55 AM

I do this too! All the time, especially when I'm walking through a crouded area, in a room with complete strangers or on a bus :smalltongue:

It's so fun, and half the time I don't even realise I'm doing it for ages, then I'm suddenly like "What am I doing? This is so wierd!"

Nychta
2008-08-29, 01:58 AM
I do this with my friend Kaboose when we get to meet.

H. Zee
2008-08-29, 02:41 AM
I click most of the bones in my body on a daily basis, usually while talking to people.

Same here. If it's true that doing that gives you arthritis, when I'm 70 I won't be able to move an inch.

Other weird stuff:

I'm the only person I know who can bend my fingers backwards so they touch the back of my hand. (Disgusting, I know.)

When I'm walking along with nothing to do, I cook up huge, elaborate fight scenes in my head, with bullet time, explosions, and all-round general badassness. Not involving me or the people around me, but seventeen well-defined characters I've thought up for specifically this purpose. Sometimes I get so absorbed in this I walk into lamp-posts.

As for automatic doors - I like to attempt to trick them. I always try to sneak up on them, so they won't open, or when they do open I wait for them to start closing before leaping through. It's earned me some odd looks, and it rarely works.