PDA

View Full Version : Manga Series Alert: Bakuman

13_CBS
2008-08-09, 09:19 AM
A fledgling series from the mangaka who made Death Note:

Bakuman (http://www.onemanga.com/Bakuman/).

I haven't read the first (and currently only) chapter, but given Death Note, it ought to be interesting.

Fri
2008-08-09, 09:33 AM
Ah, this time "manga is serious business" ? Haven't got time to read it, just looked at the title page.

Man... Hoero Pen was awesome.

13_CBS
2008-08-10, 07:18 AM
Huh. No one else is interested in what could be the next Death NOte? STrange.

Fri
2008-08-10, 08:33 AM
Have you read blue dragon? It's a great shonen series, but nothing like death note.

The main character is a young man with a dragon as his shadow and obsessed with boobs (because he never seen one since his birth).

That's nothing like death note.

But it's still seems interesting.

The Evil Thing
2008-08-10, 09:03 AM
I'm a bit dubious about picking up series that have just started their run. I prefer to have a nice backlog of material to work with. I might check back in a couple of years, but there's a lot of great stuff out there now.

Enlong
2008-08-10, 02:03 PM
Have you read blue dragon? It's a great shonen series, but nothing like death note.

The main character is a young man with a dragon as his shadow and obsessed with boobs (because he never seen one since his birth).

That's nothing like death note.

But it's still seems interesting.
Actually, it's an adaptation of a video game by the same name.
Now if only they had thought to give Chrono Trigger that kind of treatment. It was made by the same people, after all...

Fri
2008-08-10, 04:55 PM
Huh, I never knew that it was related to the video game. Because, you know, the art is really different.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-10, 06:37 PM
The start isnt all that interesting, ill read along with it, but his style tends to die in the middle and drag for the last half.

Kojiro Kakita
2008-08-10, 11:32 PM
Actually, it's an adaptation of a video game by the same name.
Now if only they had thought to give Chrono Trigger that kind of treatment. It was made by the same people, after all...

Enlong, have you played the video game and read the manga.
While the basic concept is the same, the characters are quite different in personality.

Manga is extremely ecchi.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-08-11, 05:51 AM
Oooh by death note people eh? Thanks for the heads up

Looks interesting, I'd like to see how they keep the story going.

VtamerX
2008-08-11, 03:02 PM
i've read the first chapter. it looks like it's gonna be an interesting manga to say the least. i do hope though that it doesnt go the way of blue dragon (good beginning, crappy ending).

Rogue 7
2008-08-13, 01:46 PM
So what's the general gist of the series? It sounds interesting.