PDA

View Full Version : Raptoran Favored Soul?

Ascension
2008-08-09, 11:15 PM
I just had a thought... I don't have Races of the Wild, but it's my understanding that Raptorans are an LA 0 winged race. LA 0 means they can hit L20 of the favored soul class in non-epic levels.

Would that mean they could end up with four wings, then? Would it affect their fly speed at all?

expirement10K14
2008-08-09, 11:23 PM
I just had a thought... I don't have Races of the Wild, but it's my understanding that Raptorans are an LA 0 winged race. LA 0 means they can hit L20 of the favored soul class in non-epic levels.

Would that mean they could end up with four wings, then? Would it affect their fly speed at all?

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

I, personally, would give you two pairs of wings, but only one can function at any time. This gives you "back up" wings in case one is cut off by a triple critical fumble with a +5 Keen Spiked Chain or something.

de-trick
2008-08-09, 11:37 PM
id increase mobility and speed, or allow you to fly with heavy armor or a flying feat

FMArthur
2008-08-09, 11:46 PM
You gain extra wings that get in the way of the other wings, causing you to not be able to fly at all.

jcsw
2008-08-10, 12:31 AM
RAW, you get 4 wings, but can only use one fly speed at once, you don't add to your existing fly speed or improve it in any way, you just get two seperate fly speeds.

Ryuuk
2008-08-10, 12:38 AM
Now just make it a gestalt with Dragon Shaman on the other side and you have yourself a Seraphim.

Yeygresh
2008-08-10, 01:45 AM
Buy Winged Boots, take the Shape Soulmeld feat for Airstep Sandals and Lammasu Mantle(I think those are the ones); Gestalt Dragonfire Adept10/Warlock10 for the two wings invocations. Seven sets of wings!

Adumbration
2008-08-10, 01:47 AM
Buy Winged Boots, take the Shape Soulmeld feat for Airstep Sandals and Lammasu Mantle(I think those are the ones); Gestalt Dragonfire Adept10/Warlock10 for the two wings invocations. Seven sets of wings!

Don't forget Ring of Solar Wings, that's another one right there.

Kompera
2008-08-10, 05:53 AM
Heh, you'd look like the angel from Revelations, with multiple heads and wings and arms carrying swords, causing poor John to faint when he first saw it.

Ascension
2008-08-10, 10:05 PM
If I ever play a gestalt game that has a good chance of getting to level 20... This will happen. I don't have the book Dragon Shaman is in, either, but I'd get it just for the mental image of the many-winged monstrosity which would result.

:smallbiggrin:

de-trick
2008-08-10, 10:10 PM
dragon shaman is in playershandbook 2,

also add in the winged shield

monty
2008-08-10, 10:11 PM

I don't think there are actual rules for having multiple wings; you just get the benefit of the best speed and maneuverability.

Kyace
2008-08-11, 12:41 AM

I think Airstep /Sandals/ take up the same body slot as Winged Boots from my very limited understanding of Soulmelds.

There is also a fiendish graft that gives wings, along with the +2 Winged Template.

Dragonmuncher
2008-08-11, 05:19 AM
Seems like one of the best reasons for a homebrewed Racial Substitution Level I've ever seen...

Darrin
2008-08-11, 07:17 AM

Add Dragonborn of Bahumat for another pair of wings. Or would the Raptoran lose it's racial ability to fly... not sure, although Dragonborn does say you keep your existing movement.