PDA

View Full Version : everything SCRUBS

Jae
2008-08-10, 01:23 AM
I'm somewhat of an addict. Im pretty sure there isn't an episode I havent seen..me and my brothers compare random things in rl to "remember in that one episode...?"

So, discuss. funniest moments? best moments in general? fav characters/characters most like you?

personally a fan of the following clips..they are my FAVORITE. maybe because im a big fan of jelliot but eh

it shouldve been me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUcX0JEUfaA)

that same fatal flaw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H0KPs0nv1Y)

just like ahh amazing :smallbiggrin:

and ill take a moment to say that im probably a little too much like elliot in my doubtful, neurotic, insecure, clumsy self who happens to be very self-secure at times. that and her frick happens to be my flip lol

RTGoodman
2008-08-10, 01:32 AM
ah, "Scrubs"... otherwise known as the show I loved for about 4 seasons and then quickly started not liking as much. I mean, I didn't hate it, but I really thought the last few seasons were not as good as the first few seasons. Of course, I missed the about 1/3 of the last season (stupid writers' strike screwing up my TV), so I don't know how everything finally ended.

I can't name my favorite episodes (I've seen them all and they sorta run together :smalltongue:), but I like the ones from everyone else's perspectives (i.e., "His Story" or "Her Story" episodes). The one where the Janitor hangs out with the guy who uses the computer to talk was great.

Favorite character is definitely the Janitor - maybe it's just me, but I personally can't imagine Neil Flynn being any different in real life. I liked Kelso a lot too - I was genuinely depressed in the episode where they decided to make him retire. Of course, I'm also a bit like both JD and Dr. Cox, so I like them both, too.

Regarding "Jelliot" - in all the shows I've ever really watched on TV where i thought the "on-again/off-again" couple should actually be together.

(Of course, despite not liking the last seasons as much, I will miss it. I've only got one season left of "ER" [a.k.a. my guilty pleasure :smallredface:], and that just leaves "The Office" for my usually NBC Thursday night line-up. :smallfrown:)

Innis Cabal
2008-08-10, 01:35 AM
it was signed for an 8th season just so you know

And probably....the episode where the heart transplater dies and the show goes out with a song, to tired to remember the name

RTGoodman
2008-08-10, 01:51 AM
it was signed for an 8th season just so you know

Hmm... I didn't know that. I thought they'd said that Zack Braff wasn't going to do anything after the 7th season and they wouldn't do the show without him. Looking at the Wikipedia article, though, you appear to be right (though they're switching over to ABC Tuesday nights as a mid-season replacement). And apparently they're not against doing a 9th season with a new cast, so I guess it might keep going (though I don't know how a whole new cast would go over).

SilentNight
2008-08-10, 02:06 AM
Janitor ftw. Seriously, he is freakin' awesome. I personally watch it on comedy central so I'm somewhat behind. I enjoy it though.

Sneak
2008-08-10, 02:31 AM
I'm a fan. Not sure what my favorite episodes are...just off the toppa my head, I remember liking Their Story, mainly because I thought it was hilarious to see JD's daydream and weird after-comment from someone else's perspective.

The last season, though...blechhh. Even before the writer's strike, it wasn't good. :smallannoyed:

hanzo66
2008-08-10, 03:53 AM
Always was a fan of that show. Watched episodes of it on Comedy Central usually after school.

Here's a fun scene with the babies. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJZ8Lwg9TUY)

SoD
2008-08-10, 04:11 AM
Always loved Scrubs, I quite like all the characters on it, and I love the Janitor.

For me, the saddest moment so far: My Occurence, when Ben's funeral is on.

I own series 1-7 on cheap Thai pirate authentic version. Because of this, 1-3 of the episodes per series don't quite work properly. Oh, and the subtitles on series 4...laughable.

Icewalker
2008-08-10, 04:21 AM
It's a good show. My mom got introduced to it and immediately bought all six seasons and has seen every episode several times, plus all the extras...I've seen most, possibly all of the episodes.

Janitor is awesome. Go Neil Flynn. Especially because he also voices the Plumber from the Ratchet and Clank games.

Ted is second. He just works so great with Kelsow (Whatever you want, sir "You're an ass." Oh god, you said the in your head thing out loud and the out loud thing in your head! Don't make eye contact...). A note: Ted's band in the show is actually a real acapella group, The Blanks.

expirement10K14
2008-08-10, 10:18 AM
Neil Flynn would have been great as Dr. Cox, the role he tried out for, but he is at least on the show, and being in movies gave a plot line for an episode.

I have seen every season, and have all the DvD's that are out, and I love it. Definitely the funniest show on TV.

Mr. Mud
2008-08-10, 10:47 AM
Always loved Scrubs, I quite like all the characters on it, and I love the Janitor.

For me, the saddest moment so far: My Occurence, when Ben's funeral is on.

I own series 1-7 on cheap Thai pirate authentic version. Because of this, 1-3 of the episodes per series don't quite work properly. Oh, and the subtitles on series 4...laughable.

That episode was deeep :smallfrown:.

Overall though, I love the series, and hate how it had to end like it did! :smallannoyed:. We definitely could've had another season or two...

Cox ftw!

Hoggy
2008-08-10, 05:34 PM
I love Scrubs like I love Soaced, and I love Spaced lots. Need to complete my DVD collection of the series soon.

Mr. Mud
2008-08-10, 06:37 PM
Kinda Breaking the three-post rule here, but just so everyone knows, there is a Scurbs marahton tonight on Comedy Central (in the USA, sorry Europe :smallfrown:)... Anyone else watching it spastically during olympics commercial breaks?

hanzo66
2008-08-11, 10:44 AM
Yeah, Neil Flynn is pretty fun. I remember seeing him in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls as an FBI Agent and I then thought...

"Wow. Everything makes sense now:smallamused:..."

Doseki
2008-08-11, 11:30 AM
I'd like to say that I am the biggest scrubs fan out there and want hear an counter arguments. LA LA LA LA. Seen ever episode and JD is my fav character because I see a lot of him in me.

I have loads of favourate bit but two of the top of my head are;

Shower shorts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBT7uzr4bGI

Kool Cats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlKyPxEgVlg

Kung Fu Fighting 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjjKqJhBkdY

Tragic_Comedian
2008-08-11, 11:49 AM
It's the best show that you're not watching!

Jerthanis
2008-08-11, 12:26 PM
I really liked Scrubs until it turned into Baby Blues MIRITE?

Seriously though, I thought the show was brilliant until sometime in the 6th season when every joke started to be about making babies, having babies, or raising babies, and all I could think was that one of the chief writers had a baby and it completely dominated his or her life, and he or she insisted on changing the direction of the show because of it.

I still like JD/Elliot, and my biggest disappointment with, say, post Season 4 material is that it's kind of gone nowhere since then. Of course, considering the characters themselves are too crazy and neurotic to stay on the same page for long, it kind of makes sense.

Best episode by far is My Occurrence, which I'd consider one of the better episodes in TV history, and I also liked the My Hero/rabies/Cox's collapse series of episodes.

Worst tendency of the show: "And here's the big lesson I learned about life through the events of this episode, which I will forget on time for next week's episode."

DraPrime
2008-08-11, 12:29 PM
Why does it seem like I'm the only person on this planet who think that this show is boring?

Jae
2008-08-13, 12:25 AM
Honestly, I can see where the earlier episodes surpass the newer ones, but it hasn't sent me into an anti-newscrubs frenzy like it seems to have done to a lot of other fans. I still enjoy the newer episodes, all though this last seasons finale SUCKED. big time. and I was not a fan of the filler-episodes, like the memories episode when they get that amnesia patient or the musical episode. although, I did feel the guy love (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0)..
its guy love, betweeeen twoooo guyssss.
and im definitely missing the molly clock days..

but just so everyone knows, there is a Scurbs marahton tonight on Comedy Central (in the USA, sorry Europe )... Anyone else watching it spastically during olympics commercial breaks?
hehe DVR has allowed me to watch not only said marathon, but check all the olympic games i want to watch comfortably :smallbiggrin:

Why does it seem like I'm the only person on this planet who think that this show is boring?
BECAUSE YOU ARE

I'd like to say that I am the biggest scrubs fan out there and want hear an counter arguments. LA LA LA LA.
because you said "want" when I think you meant "wont" im going to go ahead and say wrong wrong wrong wrong, wrong wrong wrong wrong WRONG. WRONG. YOUR WRONG. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY)
another fav. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDUK_h_jxxQ)

loopy
2008-08-13, 09:47 AM
Neil Flynn would have been great as Dr. Cox, the role he tried out for, but he is at least on the show, and being in movies gave a plot line for an episode.

I remember hearing that due to Neil Flynn's improvisation comedy skills quite a few Scrubs scripts ended up saying "<whatever Neil says>" instead of any actual line.

I then remember laughing for a good minute.

Mr. Mud
2008-08-13, 12:08 PM
Nah, I don't think anyone could've done Cox better than he was portrayed... Even though Flynn would've done a hell of a Job...

I think they should've casted Michael Richards for Ted... (He was Kramer :smallbiggrin:)

UglyPanda
2008-08-13, 12:53 PM
Micheal Richards is too well-known for being Kramer for it to work. Besides, Ted is awesome, as is The Janitor.

My favorite episodes were My Way Home (The Wizard of Oz episode) and My Screw Up
Where Doctor Cox's best friend dies.