PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Blues bonus material questions [SPOILERS]

Warren Dew
2008-08-10, 03:51 PM
I have a couple of questions about the bonus material in "No Cure for the Paladin Blues".

1. The section on bonus comics near the end of the book states that "[t]here is at least one all-new bonus comic after strips #122, #150, #174, #194, #248, #252, #280, and #283, and three before #120". However:

a. The book starts with #122, not #120? Or are #120 and #121 hiding somewhere?

b. I don't see any new material following #122?

c. The page after #248 is just Miko complaining about a blank page. Does this count as a bonus comic?

d. The page after #283 appears to be an out of order #301, rather than a new strip?

I'm not complaining about the amount of bonus material, mind, I'm just wondering if I'm missing something here.

2. Rich says "[o]ne of the main six characters ... will have something happen to them that will permanently change the way they're drawn." Has it been established what change he is referring to here, or which character, yet?

Lira
2008-08-10, 03:53 PM
2. Rich says "[o]ne of the main six characters ... will have something happen to them that will permanently change the way they're drawn." Has it been established what change he is referring to here, or which character, yet?That's Elan and his Dashing Swordsman outfit that he's talking about here.

EDIT: I've grabbed my book now. I'll see if I can answer the rest of your questions in a minute or two...

1. The section on bonus comics near the end of the book states that "[t]here is at least one all-new bonus comic after strips #122, #150, #174, #194, #248, #252, #280, and #283, and three before #120". However:

a. The book starts with #122, not #120? Or are #120 and #121 hiding somewhere?Technically it starts with 121a, right? But you're right about 120, that was in the previous book. I would guess that's just a typo or something.
b. I don't see any new material following #122?There is. Although it's not labeled 122a or anything. It's called "If you can't be with the one you love" and it's not online.
c. The page after #248 is just Miko complaining about a blank page. Does this count as a bonus comic?Yeah I guess so.
d. The page after #283 appears to be an out of order #301, rather than a new strip?Yeah, I think Rich did that so the end remains dramatic with #300 and there's some anticipation building in 283-284. But you're right, it's not a new comic.

RMS Oceanic
2008-08-10, 04:13 PM

a. The book starts with #122, not #120? Or are #120 and #121 hiding somewhere?

120 may be incorrect, but the bonus strips are Elan's Puppet re-enactment of DCF, and Miko's forboding exit of Azure City

b. I don't see any new material following #122?

The strip about Belkar not understanding why Roy wants his sword fixed is a bonus, but a misprint doesn't identify it as 122a.

c. The page after #248 is just Miko complaining about a blank page. Does this count as a bonus comic?

Pretty much.

d. The page after #283 appears to be an out of order #301, rather than a new strip?

Again correct, but it's put there to increase the drama of 283's cliffhanger.

I'm not complaining about the amount of bonus material, mind, I'm just wondering if I'm missing something here.

2. Rich says "[o]ne of the main six characters ... will have something happen to them that will permanently change the way they're drawn." Has it been established what change he is referring to here, or which character, yet?

As Lira explained, this is Elan and his Dashing Swordsman outfit.

blackspeeker
2008-08-10, 04:14 PM
That's Elan and his Dashing Swordsman outfit that he's talking about here.

EDIT: I've grabbed my book now. I'll see if I can answer the rest of your questions in a minute or two...

Technically it starts with 121a, right? But you're right about 120, that was in the previous book. I would guess that's just a typo or something.

adding to this the online 121 was another viewer mail, and that was at the back of dungeon crawlin fools

d'Bwobsling
2008-08-12, 01:35 PM
The Giant also said he was writing another book that wouldn't be online other than SoD. Any ideas on what that would be about assuming it's still being made?

hamishspence
2008-08-12, 01:43 PM
"the other book" we''l have to wait and see. My personal speculations:

It will be black and white
It will be a prequel
It will concern one of the various NPC groups.

Which, I am not sure. Candidates include:
Linear Guild
Order of the Scribble
Azure city (especially Miko and Shojo)
Unknown??

Its entirely possible it will combine some.