PDA

View Full Version : Artist Wanted

JellyPooga
2006-10-08, 09:04 AM
I've always wanted to draw my own pictures of some of my characters, but I have the artisitic talent of a crippled squirrel. Then the other day I realised that I was part of an online community that has a whole section devoted to arts and crafts.

So here's my request: Is there anyone out there who would be willing to do a rendition of one of my characters? I'm not really that fussed on medium, but I would prefer pencil sketch or similar (scanned in obviously).

What I'm after is a transitional series (about 5 separate drawings) that show a character as he progresses from Monk through the Dragon Devotee and Dragon Disciple prestige classes.

Specifically, I would like one of him before any draconic features show through (Monk 4).
The second when his Draconic features are just forming (Monk 5, Outcast Champion 3, Dragon Devotee 1 or 2)
Third: He's looking definately Draconic (Monk 5, Outcast Champion 3 Dragon Devotee 5)
Fourth: Even more Draconic (As above + Dragon Disciple 5)
Fifth: Full Half Dragon (As above + Dragon Disciple 10)

If I've grabbed your attention, I'll give a few more details (if not, you can probably stop reading now).

He's a Half-Ogre and a Pacifist. Considering his heritage, he's fairly handsome (Cha 14 if you wanted to know) and has a long, dark pony tail. He wears a simple white tunic and trousers (that look more like pyjamas than anything else), with a simple rope belt and sandles (think stereotypical monk clothing).
He is huge. Around 9ft tall (if you wanted to put in something for height comparioson) and heavily muscled (Str 24 at level 4 - Increases dramatically as he becomes more Draconic - by the time he's full Half-Dragon he has Str 34).
As his Draconic progression advances, bear in mind that he gains Claw attacks that get bigger(first d4, then d6), a Bite attack (so his head will become elongated and Dragon-like) and Wings (at the end of Dragon Disciple). He will also lose his hair, gradually, as his skin becomes more and more scaley.
He does get magical ability from the Dragon Devotee class(only low level), so you may want to consider that (though you don't have to - it is only minor).
One last thing - He becomes a Half-Bronze Dragon. If you have access to the Monster Manual or Draconomicon, you can use them for reference on the specifics regarding the Draconic features.

Anyone who's made it this far, thank you for hearing me out and I hope that someone can oblige me in this tall order. I can't really offer anything in return except maybe a thankyou in my sig and my eternal gratitude.

Brickwall
2006-10-08, 10:51 AM
Well, thanks for being specific about his accessories. That's a lot more than most give. But I just wonder one thing:
How is it possible to get an unmodified Strength score of 24 at level 4 with a Half-orc? The most you can do is 21.

Vaynor
2006-10-08, 12:41 PM
Well, thanks for being specific about his accessories. That's a lot more than most give. But I just wonder one thing:
How is it possible to get an unmodified Strength score of 24 at level 4 with a Half-orc? The most you can do is 21.
I think he said he was half-dragon too.

JellyPooga
2006-10-08, 01:40 PM
Half-Ogre. not Half-Orc. That's a +6 racial mod.

Brickwall
2006-10-08, 02:55 PM
Either I misread, or you typo'd. Anyway, I guess it's a good thing I asked that, otherwise I'd have made him totally incorrect!

I'll get to work on it then. Don't expect the full load. 3 drawings at the most, probably.

JellyPooga
2006-10-08, 06:40 PM
Thanks! ;)

choboroy
2006-10-09, 11:48 AM
This sounds like fun.

I take it he looks something like the oots character in your avatar. I don't know much about D&D (i know the mechanics from other games) but I assume he is good-aligned. Right? Cause that would change the way I'd depict him.

Give a little rundown on personality. Angry? Calm? Brash?

JellyPooga
2006-10-09, 02:02 PM
^ sort of. My avatar is a kobold with dragon wings. This character is a Draconic Half-Ogre. Difference is certainly noticable (especially in size), but the Draconic aspects will be similar. He starts off as a Pacifist (almost serene in personality), but as time goes by and his Draconic nature shows through, he becomes more aggressive (specifically, he becomes very protective of his companions, almost to the point of frenzy if they are harmed). He is certainly Good. He starts off Lawful Good but probably ends up more Neutral Good (if that means anything to you).

What other games do you know? I might be able to put him in terms of that game. (certainly GURPS, Fighting Fantasy or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, maybe some others).

choboroy
2006-10-11, 07:24 AM
Heh, maybe not exactly what you were looking for...

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1931/marrikos2.th.jpg (http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marrikos2.jpg)

JellyPooga
2006-10-11, 10:55 AM
not quite... ;)

ray53208
2006-10-12, 06:07 AM
i drew this. i couldnt make the stupid thumbnail work. because im really quite dull witted apparently.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9932/halfogrehalfdragonmonktype2hf9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ray
8)

Brickwall
2006-10-16, 10:29 PM
I drew stage 1. I have not posted it on the interweb yet. I will do so soon enough, and it will be in this post.

P.S. This guy got a name?

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2417/halfogre1bnwib6.png

Were-Sandwich
2006-10-17, 01:54 PM
i drew this. i couldnt make the stupid thumbnail work. because im really quite dull witted apparently.
*Snip*
ray
8)

What program did you use for that?

JellyPooga
2006-10-18, 08:00 AM
P.S. This guy got a name?

Jin.

Nothing more.

I like the pic. The picture in my head was more ogre than human, but that's cool. Looking forward to the developments. ;D

Brickwall
2006-10-19, 12:07 AM
I had small fangs intended originally, but I thought they looked out of place.

ray53208
2006-10-19, 03:40 AM
What program did you use for that?

illustrator. i drew it by hand, scanned it in, and then colored it in illustrator.

or did you mean the thumbnails? i dont remember...

ray
8)