PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Buying Books: Robert E. Howard.

Neon Knight
2008-08-10, 10:55 PM
My first exposure to the works of Robert E. Howard was through a collection of Cthulhu Mythos short stories, among which some of that authors work was found. I was instantly smitten, and am now looking to acquire more of the weird fiction of Robert E. Howard.

I was given a volume entitled Shadow Kingdoms, printed July 2007 by the Dorchester publishing company, as a gift.

Are there any "definitive volumes", editions, or specific collections I should buy of Robert E. Howard's works? I'm interested in basically anything he wrote, whether Conan, Kull, or Kane.

WalkingTarget
2008-08-11, 09:09 AM
Not much in the way of commentary (annotations or whatnot), but for that time period I find that Del Rey puts out good collections.

Here (http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/catalog/results.pperl?author_last=howard&author_first=robert&title=&isbn=&keyword=)'s what I've been able to find quickly. I haven't read them myself, but they at least seem to be broken down by character (a few books with Conan, one with Bran Mak Morn, one with Kull, etc).