PDA

View Full Version : Grarule

tophat
2008-08-11, 10:50 AM
Impulse drives you on as you follow the urgings of the strange marble disc you head to the north east into the province of Partiso , your journey is largely uneventful however from time to time in the distance you think you catch a glimpse of a large white wolf . Although such creatures are not native to this part of the world .
As you journey ever northwards the land becomes boggy and mishappen trees sprout from low pools , the weather becomes overcast and harsh winds blow through the low trees and thick rain pelts your head in bouts reducing visibility in the gloomy swamplands .All in all the journey has become quite miserable only the insistent tug from the disc keeps you moving . The more observant of you from time to time spot large paw prints in the muddier areas .
Eventually you arrive at a raised clearing in the swamp and suddenly you feel the stange tugging feeling you have had since first picking up the disc disapear.

Fan
2008-08-11, 11:00 AM
Aresk, pulls off his prestidigtation SLA, twice to clean off his cloak, and make him feel quite a bit warmer,

ColonelFuster
2008-08-11, 12:24 PM
Galad wakes up suddenly, still in the saddle. A small pouch and disk had been placed on the Pomnel. As he took it out, a bit of engravement seemed to show... a wolf?

He felt it pull on him. He single-mindedly drove his drowsy horse in that direction. He had no thought of his comrades, just getting to that place.

Galad leads his horse through the swamp, walking beside it and taking out he strange disk from time to time to examine it again.

Marble was a mineral he hadn't seen to often. And the thing pulled him ever closer to the blighted swamp... He looked down and saw his horse shrinking away from the fringes. Galad pushed it forward, urging with a confidence he did not have.

On the clearing was... nothing. Just some wizard cleaning himself off.

"Well met, Sir Wizard. Are you the one who has been calling to me?"

Slamexo
2008-08-11, 12:35 PM
It hadn't been a short journey for Jacob, following this strange marble disk: he was dirty, scraped, and quite tired after his long walk. It was times like this he wished he had invested in a horse or some other beast of burden.

However, ponderings on what to buy when he hit his first load of treasure would have to wait for now as he entered the murky, desolate swamp. The mud constantly clutched at his feet, dragging him ever so slightly under with each footstep, as if trying to stop him, but he had come a long way already, and Jacob wasn't going to let a little thing like mud stop him now.

Eventually, he arrived in a raised clearing where he spotted two other figures. A man in some armour who appeared to be performing some magic of sorts, a wierd combination indeed, and another man riding on horseback wearing some big armour, calling out to the magician, though Jacob didn't catch what he said. Perhaps the one with magic had summoned him here and it was some sort of ambush to rob and kill him. If it was, Jacob would not go down quietly!

Drawing his crossbow ready, Jacob quietly approached the two and called out to them:
"You two! If this is a trap tell me now and I won't scramble your brains!"

Fan
2008-08-11, 12:42 PM
Aresk, looked up coldly at the two, his clear, cold blue eyes shining underneath the hooded cloak, all other features of his face enitrely obscured, by the poor lighting.

He spoke to the group in a deep voice, with a distinctly sarcastic tone to it.
"Yes, your accusations tottaly make sense, seeing as you stumbled upon us, and we SURELY would have given you the opprotunity to speak before we wasted you. Seriously, you people do look rather dirty though, and this place does seem the appropriate place for a trap, I do believe we should be ready in case of ambush."
with that he drew a gleaming longsword, wth an embrodiered hilt, and a shining gem (its fake) in the pommel.

Slamexo
2008-08-11, 01:07 PM
Jacob gained an instant disliking of the hooded figure. He spoke so arrogantly and acted like he was nothing more than some moron who had come shambling through the woods with no clear idea of where he was going. Ok, so he did have the second part right, but that didn't excuse the way he was speaking. A tiny little voice spoke into Jacob's mind, coaxing on these paranoias. However, Jacob snubbed these thoughts when he realized that it would indeed make a good place for an ambush. Unless of course, this man was the ambusher and it was all a clever trap.

However, he made a good point in saying that it was an easy ambush spot, and decided to work with him for the moment until he was sure of the safety of the place. This did of course still leave the mounted man, though as he hadn't attacked yet he probably wasn't hostile, unless he was in on the arrogant jerk's little trap.

Lowering his crossbow to his side, Jacob cautiously approached the centre of the clearing.

"Alright, but no funny business! I've got my eye on you!" Jacob then directed himself to the silent man "And you, do you know any more about where we are than I do?"

ColonelFuster
2008-08-11, 01:27 PM
Galad bowed slightly.
"I am as lost as you both are. Some compulsion led me here, I do not know what. However, I believe you both may have come here for the same reason I did."
He holds up his marble disk, and tries to be sound as reasonable as possible.
"Let's make sure our weapons are trained not on each other, but on the outside of this clearing. We do not know what could be in this place."
Galad unstraps his warhammer and shield and holds them in hand.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-11, 07:35 PM
Having caught the gist of the conversation, Maple sighs and steps into the open clearing, finally ending the disk's persistent nudging.

As the others turn to look, they see an elf, clad in loose studded leather, with an ornate bow on her back and a slightly-longer-than-shoulder-length frizz factory the color of dried grass atop her head.

She quickly throws her hands in the air, each devoid of weapons and one holding another of the mysterious artifacts.

ColonelFuster
2008-08-11, 07:40 PM
Galad puts his shield down and strides forward, wary of a trap but smiling. He helps Maple as much as he can, and then stands in front of all of them.
"Well, then. I hope you have some kind of explanation for this." He sighs internally, knowing that she probably knows as little as they.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-11, 07:48 PM
Maple sighs again.

No... but I'm glad that this little guy is done messing with my head, at least.

The elf takes one last look at the accursed disc and tosses it over her shoulder, never to be seen or mentioned again. Probably.

Fan
2008-08-11, 07:55 PM
As usual Aresk moves up to the elven lady, dropping his hood, and revealing his own gray elfyness, and offering her a prestidigitation to clean off all that nasty dirt, and grime. (he is an anti hero after all.)
"Excuse me miss, but you do seem rather haggard from your journey, and although my magical repirtore is small, I do have a few spells that can help."

If any MALES inquire about said magic he says
"Sorry used the last of it on the lady, so you'll have to stick with being dirty for now."

ColonelFuster
2008-08-11, 08:04 PM
Galad abashedly stoops down and retreives the small disk, then pulls his out of his pocket, looking for any similarities or differences.
(Will wait for DM response on this one.)
After asking for a small cleanup, and the subsequent tongue-lashing, Galad turns to his companions and forces a smile.
"It looks like we've all been called here, for one reason or another. Does anyone know why? I, personally, don't remember-"
He visibly blanches and starts muttering, "oh no... my unit... my unit...! oh, no, no, no...." and casting his eyes about.

Akisa
2008-08-11, 11:23 PM
Liku had been traveling for days and days with very little food and natural water. Liku carefully watched the group before deciding to slowly walk out of hiding spot to reveal herself.

“My name is Liku from the south, and I’m a paladin of Khazul, are you the ones who called me out” said Liku as she slowly advanced forward.

Liku was about 5’5” and was surprisingly well built for a 16 young girl, as she wore medium armor with a large great axe and backpack. Perhaps she was stronger then everyone else in the area as it appeared she was carrying the weight effortlessly. Nevertheless her muscles were not bulging or grotesque, but were slim, followed natural curves and if she wore regular clothing one couldn’t tell she was strong at all.

ColonelFuster
2008-08-11, 11:31 PM
Galad looks to her with suprise and admiration, also offering his aid to her for crossing the last stretch of swamp. "A paladin, you say? This is surely destiny. We did not call you here, Dame Liku, but we were also drawn here by forces mysterious."
He looks to his companions, shaking off whatever it was that had him muttering before, and says, "I am Galad, paladin from the border lands."

Slamexo
2008-08-12, 04:32 AM
Jacob looks around at the strangers that had wound up in this mysterious place. Some moody womanizer, two uptight holy people, and a grass haired elf. Great bunch. Still, if they had all been called together for some reason, it'd best that he get to know them in case they had to work together in the near future. He also noticed the two disks that Galad and the elf were comparing, and realised they looked simular to the one that had brought him here. Taking it out just to be sure, he concluded that they were most likely summoned here by these things, though who had done so was still a mystery. It could still be that armoured mage...

"Well, I think we can all conclude that we've been summoned here by some unknown person, so I think we'd best decide whether we're going to look around here for some clues on who that person is or, move elsewhere in case it is a trap of sorts." Jacob tried to sound friendly, but at the same time tried to sound cautious in case the ambushers took this as a chance to strike.

tophat
2008-08-12, 04:48 AM
The elf takes one last look at the accursed disc and tosses it over her shoulder, never to be seen or mentioned again. Probably.

As you try to throw the disc away you get a feeling come over you that you should keep hold of it . If you still want to chuck it away make a will save

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-12, 07:44 AM
Vrryyn, feels himself being pulled by the disk, and has been trying to resist it's grasp ever since. He evntually gives up trying to pull away from it, so he doesn't tire himself anymore or he would soon faint into exhaustion. EVentually, the disk leads him to a clearing and stops pulling. In there he see's an elf with a longsword drawn, another elf with a bow drawn, a very young looking female human, supporting a battle axe, a man with his crossbow drawn, looking suspiciously at the elf, and a man riding a horse, who looked awfully familiar, as if he's seen him somewhere before.

With his hands lit with magical energy, he raises them into the air ready to cast a spell any second.

"All of you! Who are you and why are you here! Have you summoned me by the means of these acursed disks? Or have you also been taken here by the unresistible power of these infernal contraptions!

Fan
2008-08-12, 07:49 AM
ARESK

Aresk, turned over towards the new comer, and laughed a little, this man thought himself a mage, those spells he wielded were mere cantrips, that he could conjure up in a second not even bearing any thought to it, let alone at the same time showing prowess with a blade.

"Stay, your hand man, we were brought here, by the same accursed disks that brought you to this thrice damned swamp, and if we wanted to hurt you are but one man, and we would have done it by now."

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-12, 07:56 AM
Vrryyn, after hearing this elfs words, calmed down a bit. He liked the way this man spoke. It was very intelligently, and witty. Vrryyn rarely found that in most people and decided for future references that sudden outbursting threats are usually not the way to go.

Calmly, Vrryyn lowers his hands and speaks back to the elf.

I'm sorry. I apologize for my abrupt behaviour. I hope we can start off on a better page, now that I have trust that you are not enemies of mine. My name is Vrryyn. Please, introduce me to your companions.

Akisa
2008-08-12, 08:04 AM
Liku quickly declined help from the other paladin. Liku then slowly looked around taking a view as the other two talked. Although she was a bit weary but sudden realization that it wouldn’t make sense to ambush the group instead it would’ve been easier to pick them off one by one.

“Well, the problem with a planned Ambush is that it would be a lot easier take us out one by one, then one instead of a huge group.” replied Liku as she tried not to sound overly cocky or stuck up.

Fan
2008-08-12, 08:05 AM
(( TN, I do both good, and evil acts, so when I tounge lash you while helping the lady, thats merely roleplaying my freind.)

Aresk, points to each of his "acquaintences" naming them off one, by one

He first pointed to a female druid, with VERY frizzy hair, and quite a bit cleaner armour than the rest of the group (except Aresk, who is still feeling rather warm frm the second one.)
"This fine lady, goes by the name of Maple, she was the thrid one to arrive in this clearing, after the paladin, and the guy with a rather nnasty outlook, at everything."
He then took him to the Female Paladin, truding through mud, and grime you will notice that his clothing, has almost no dirt on it.
"And this fine example of a woman, is Liku a paladin of sorts, and the second to last one to arrive, I daresay, you came almost right after She arrived."

He then pointed to the rest of the group giving much less detailed introductions, and almost none at all for Jacob.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-12, 08:10 AM
Vrryyn, looking very puzzled, quiety asks Aresk (out of ear shot of everyone else)

Hmm, you seem very diligent to say much about Jacob. Do you just not know much, besides his name? Or do you have, let's say a personal grudge against him?

Fan
2008-08-12, 08:15 AM
Aresk, responds in a like manner.

"Lords no, I dont hold grudges, its just that the majority of his talk has been of battle, and ambushes, at least you, and the paladin took being here well enough, that after inital suspisiouns you decided that we needed to work as a unit, rather than indvudals, so that we may get out of this bug infested hell."

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-12, 08:22 AM
Vrryyn replies, still speaking quietly.

Yes, I feel it would be better to get out of here, this swamp is making my robe digustingly filthy and I don't trust anywhere where a magical disk takes me.

Fan
2008-08-12, 08:44 AM
(I actually have 5 prestidigations for the day, due to my cnatrip SLA's being 3+int modifer, so actually 7, same thing with my dancing lights, and light SLA's which means in total, i have 4 cantrip SlAS left.)

Aresk knelt down, and chanted for about 3 seconds, and from both Liku's armor, and vrynns robes, came about 2 pounds of grime, and muck, as well as making them feel slightly warmer, as the ghostly light surrounded them, and left just as quickly.

Aresk stood from his kneeling postistion, and began to speak.
"Now I have no idea, who, or what enchanted these disks." he said waving his own around, that had an inscription of a wolf, on a hill howling ominously at a silver moon.

"But this kind of complusion magic, isn't very easy to make, so whatever being that enchanted them must be nearby. Now I dont know about you guys, but survival has always been my number one priority, and if I wish to keep on surviving I think it would be best if we left."

Slamexo
2008-08-12, 08:50 AM
This man was really starting to get on Jacob's nerves with his cocky remarks, though he made a good point, especially seeing as Jacob himself had made the same point not moments ago.

"Well then, it's good to know we're on the same wavelength and you're taking to my suggestion of moving in case this is indeed a trap." Then, realising he was coming off as quite hostile, Jacob holstered his crossbow to show himself as harmles and happily stated his name "I don't think I've mentioned it yet, but I'm Jacob Erwing. Nice to meet you all."

Fan
2008-08-12, 10:00 AM
Aresk nodded solemnly,undertsanding full well what he meant, but DAMN was he thirtsty so he pulled out one of his three waterskins, and dwned half the contents offering a seperate one to whoever asked for one IF they asked for one, or showed signs of needing water (LAdies first of coruse), and he motioned for the group to follow him, as he tried to leave the clearing.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-12, 10:09 AM
Vrryyn, confronting his curiosity, walks up to the (male ) Paladin and says

Hello Sir...Erm, I believe I do not know your name yet. But for some reason, you look awfully familar. Have we met somewhere before?

ColonelFuster
2008-08-12, 10:14 AM
"Halt sir wizard. I say you wil HALT."
Seeing that that didn't work, Galad turns back to his compatriot, the wizard who had just questioned him. "We have indeed. We were on a mission that may have killed us."
Galad looked at all of them pensivley and, in a commanding tone, said, "Now, we were all summoned here by forces unknown. Forces clearly superior to us. I hold myself to help whatever this being is, for they probably have some authority that we should be willing to follow." Galad looks to the sky. "For all we know, this could be the will of Silva. Or the will of the Twins themselves."

tophat
2008-08-12, 10:33 AM
Aresk nodded solemnly,undertsanding full well what he meant, but DAMN was he thirtsty so he pulled out one of his three waterskins, and dwned half the contents offering a seperate one to whoever asked for one IF they asked for one, or showed signs of needing water (LAdies first of coruse), and he motioned for the group to follow him, as he tried to leave the clearing.

As you and any others who decide to follow you head for the edge of the clearing you have a sudden thought that you probably should stay here for just a bit longer .

(Will saves for anyone wanting to leave the circle .)

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-12, 10:35 AM
Ohh! Yes! I remember now! But there were more people on the mission besides us. Do you know where they happened to end up?

Fan
2008-08-12, 10:36 AM
Wow, aint it convienent that i have a +3 will save

[roll0]

]Aresk feels himself magicly compelled to stay within the circle, as if some force is pushing againast his mind.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-12, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I have +3 as well:smalltongue:

Will Save! [roll0]

Wow... fail...

Vrryyn starts walking to leave the circle, but some unknown little voice in his head is telling him it is not a good idea to leave just yet.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-12, 11:00 AM
[Earlier in the conversation: Um... <guy starts casting spell> okay... <stuff is clean> thanks...]

[and again: "Wait, I never told you my name..." *brick'd*]

Maple thinks on the circumstances as she waves to the newcomers, trying to be as friendly as she can. Eventually, she forms her own ideas on the subject.

Well, it's probably safe to say that whoever organized this didn't set us up to rob us. Whoever did this snuck into camp and managed to plant it without my noticing, so if they were after my stuff, they could have taken it then. So whoever did this is after us, specifically. And it's probably not just to lead us to the slaughter, for the reasons you guys have mentioned.

She pauses and thinks a little bit more.

So, they either need a group of adventurous people to accomplish some crazy task for them...

...this was actually quite likely, but didn't explain what they needed her for, or why someone capable of making these little artifacts couldn't just do whatever they wanted to do on their own.

...or they want to lead each of us away from wherever we were.

She holds up her disk as a visual aide. As she was about to drop it, the paladin had asked to examine it for comparison before giving it back.

What were each of you doing when you came upon these things?

ColonelFuster
2008-08-12, 11:04 AM
"Vrryyn and I were on a mission. A dangerous one."
Galad was pleased that someone was trying to figure this out logically.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-12, 11:20 AM
I believe someone may brought us here to tell us something, or warn us of something. Or to aid them in something they need doing.

Fan
2008-08-12, 11:26 AM
Aresk nods slemnly, contemplating this great force that can compel them to do what he pleases, yet has summouned them here obviously for something he could not do himself.

"I do believe, that there is some sort of cmplusion magic sealibng this glade as well, I'm wondering what is so mportant, that a being of such raw mystic power, cannot complete himself, but expects us to be able to complete in his stead."

Slamexo
2008-08-12, 12:22 PM
"Well, whatever the reason they've summoned us all here, it's probably something pretty important if it was some deity. Although it could also have been a magical person of some sort, but then it must still be something important if he doesn't want us gone. I think we'd best get comfortable here if there is some force coming to send us off on some magical task. Oh, and to answer your question, I was just between towns, waiting for a lead on some treasure to go grab."

Resigning to whatever fate had brought them all together, Jacob slipped off his backpack and used it as a cushion until whatever was heading their way crashed down on them.

ColonelFuster
2008-08-12, 01:07 PM
Sir Galad takes the time to examine the small pouch. He turns it over in his hand, and then opens it to retrieve what is inside- a small orb of crystal.

"Wow...."

He admires the shape and hue of it, lost in the godly perfection. He had seen some magic before, but not anything really solid and perfect, like this. He stares deep into it, like a fortune teller at a fair, half-expecting to actually see some kind of vision....

Fan
2008-08-12, 01:15 PM
Aresk stared for a second, at the odd mystyical ord, when he remembered that he had some Ale in his backpack, and it would be rather nice to have a bit now, and maybe share a bit with the ladies:smallwink:.
He was fumbling through his backpack, going through his assorted identical outfits, his bedroll, as well as some trail rations, and waterskins, when he stumbled upon an odd pouch, made of the finest leather it was almost sliky to the touch, and yet inside it was a whistle of even finer make, with a dogs head, on the end that the sound came out of. Being rather curious he put his lips to thw whistle, andsounded its call.

GimliFett
2008-08-12, 01:25 PM
Kiehn Sondergaard

"What's all this then?" a dwarf says as he emerges from a small patch of reeds at the edge of the clearing. Unlike most dwarves, this one does not wear a long beard, but only a goatee and thick mutton-chops. As he draws closer, you notice he wears studded leather armor and carries a rapier at his hip and a shortbow on his back. He walks with his hands and arms raised up just a little. A smile quirks up the right corner of his mouth, tugging his rakish, black goatee with it. "You people sure make a lotta noise, ya know that?" he says with a soft snort.

tophat
2008-08-12, 01:26 PM
Galad looks at the orb , but all he can see is the ground , no vision or indeed anything exciting happens.

Aresk blows on the whistle , but hears nothing

tophat
2008-08-12, 01:37 PM
As the Dwarf enters the glade , it seems a small buzzing noise begins to eminate from each of the seven discs .
Slowly of their own volition they float to the centre of the glade and form a stationary circle in the air , a faint glow begins to grow from each of them , and then between them the glow intensifies , lines of a pure white light stretch seemingly random patterns between the discs as the discs begin to spin in the air .
As the discs spin faster and faster it seems almost as if a room can be seen in between the discs and quickly the vision of the room becomes more substantial .
You can see in the room an odd pattern on the floor with a table in the centre , an empty goblet lies on the floor and on the table a candle holder lies knocked over .
Around you still is the swamp but it seems a window into some place else has opened in the middle of the glade .
The circular opening is about 6 foot wide and high .

Slamexo
2008-08-12, 01:41 PM
Jacob looks on astounded at the magical display that had just happened before him. Excitement tore through his calm demeanour, and he started gasping like a child. "Who saw that coming?" Jacob exclaimed, clearly amazed with the magic display. Curiousity also set into Jacob's mind, as he stepped closer to the window to examine it, and without hesitation, he stuck his hand into the portal to see if anything would happen.

tophat
2008-08-12, 01:54 PM
(Your arm falls off ....... only kidding )

As you push your arm through the opening it feels like pushing through treacle for an instant and then you can see your arm appears to be in the room , you feel if you where to take a step forward you would continue into the room .
The effect is very strange for anyone looking from the side as it appears your arm has simply disappeared , anyone looking from the other side of the glade sees an arm floating in the room .

GimliFett
2008-08-12, 02:02 PM
Kiehn Sondergaard

"Well! There's somethin' ya don't see everyday!" the dwarf chuckles. "Ya gonna stand there gawkin' or ya gonna go inside so we can, too? I've had my fill of swamp smells for some time, let me tell ya!"

Slamexo
2008-08-12, 02:03 PM
Believing that the window seemed relatively safe, Jacob steps through to take a closer view of what's on the other side. Provided he can return, once he has looked around the room he'll step back into the swamp to relay his findings to the others in the clearing.

ColonelFuster
2008-08-12, 02:33 PM
Galad moves to enter the room, as well.
What's the pattern on the floor? What metal is the goblet/candle holder?

Fan
2008-08-12, 02:35 PM
Aresk chuckles at this dwarfs surpsingly SMALL beard, thinking to himself that, that must not be the only thing small on that dwarf, and then was merely taken aback by the magical display, after all things like this dont require a SUPER powerful mage to do, by still this man must be realtively p[owerful, if he can make a Phase door, like that, or if it was exradimenisonal, it may have been a gate spell, if it was the latter which he highy doubted, then they were dealing with something beyond the scope of most mortal powers, and he shuddered to think of what this man COULD do to them if he became annoyed or angry with them. (thats what he thinks it is, I bloddy max ranks in sspellcraft, AND knowldge arcana, i think I can asssume, I know a few things.)

Aresk, bewing chivalrou, decided that he best check the danger so that way if his blood spurts through the portal, at least then he'll have warned the woman away from such danger, two lives for one.
He thought as he put his foot thro0ugh the rather large portal, feeling an odd sensation as he did such, and emerged in the room, and inhaled deeply, this place at least SMELLED btter than the swamp. Aresk took a moment to check himself. No Missing organs, check, No massive wounds, check, still in the same body, check. Assured now that it was at least somkewhat more safe than the swamp he poked his head through the portal giving those on the otherside, a disembodied head effects as he spoke in a calm, almost chry voice to the group.

"I do beloieve , that the portal is safe enough no danger so far, and no magic spell has claimed my life, and Jacob is, well hes jacob, so cme on in it certainly smells a lot better than this swampo,and its a little bit cleaner I daresay."

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-12, 03:12 PM
She was about to comment with regard to the way each of them was apparently bribed with treasure when they recieved their disks, but the portal is the sort of interruption that makes this sort of thing seem unnecessary.

She takes one look at the window... gate... thing, and her jaw drops. Amazing... But where...?

After watching the men walk through, she looks through the window to examine the room, and chuckles as she listens to Aresk's take on it. At this point, it was fairly obvious what whoever had summoned Maple wanted her to do.

But she had to wonder... how far away could this thing lead...?

Hey, guys, um, am I the only person here that's worried about being able to get back?

From the window's vantage point, she scans the mysterious room for an exit of some kind. She may not have been too comfortable in this swamp, but it would still be preferable to a prison.

ColonelFuster
2008-08-12, 03:17 PM
"Hm. You're right. But, If we don't do this, who knows what will happen?" Sir Galad grabs his horse's reigns and goes through the portal.

GimliFett
2008-08-12, 03:18 PM
Kiehn Sondergaard

The dwarf's chuckle becomes a full-out laugh. "Nope, yer not! But what else're we gonna do? Seems we've been summoned by someone with 'nuff power to put a room in the middle of nowhere. Literally!" He does not, however, move closer to the portal.

tophat
2008-08-12, 03:19 PM
Further investigation of the room by Gallad and anyone else looking around reveals the following

The room itself is circular and the pattern is on the floor is so that an equalitral triangle cuts across the floor , inside that traingle is another circle and within that circle another triangle this pattern repeats towards the centre of the room where you see a circular table .

You see that the circular table has one central leg that branches into three feet at the bottom , the top of the table seems to be made from two different colored woods , its predominatly maghogany but has three circles of a lighter colored wood , one directly in the centre of the table which is about 3 inchs diameter and two more smaller circles towards one edge of the table .
On top of the table is a plain looking silver candle stick that has fallen over, it has holdings for 5 seperate candles and 2 feet . A few of the candles are still in the holder , others have fallen out on the table . The candles are plain white candles and look un extrodinary.
On the floor a plain silver goblet lies on its side .

GimliFett
2008-08-12, 03:23 PM
Kiehn Sondergaard

"I don't like that the candle holder and the goblet are laying on their sides. Doesn't say: secure to me!"

ColonelFuster
2008-08-12, 03:31 PM
Doors/windows?

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-12, 03:32 PM
The dwarf's chuckle becomes a full-out laugh. "Nope, yer not! But what else're we gonna do? Seems we've been summoned by someone with 'nuff power to put a room in the middle of nowhere. Literally!" He does not, however, move closer to the portal.

Galad's take on the situation was illogical at best, but the Dwarf made a pretty clever argument.

Hm. Good point, haha, she smiles. What's more, this was getting more interesting by the minute, and as any elf would tell you, anything that's still interesting after 100+ years of nomadic wandering is worth looking into.

Oh, I think you might have missed the introductions, she says to the dwarf. My name is Maple.

[Writing things out of order due to ninja influence...]

Fan
2008-08-12, 03:36 PM
Aresk, moved out of the way swiftly at the new rush of a horse, and various other odditis, and began investigating tyhe room for idden door, or other hidden things of importancdee , or vlue.l

(take twenty, and stopping if anything important happens should take me about 5 minuets to search the whole room from top to bottom, with my resulst of, 23.)

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-12, 03:43 PM
<EDIT: As they shake hands, she apparently hears his name as "Keen Sunderguard," but he's a dwarf, and nobody will ever know the difference anyway, so it's okay!>

When their attention turns back to the subject of the portal, the dwarf's observation drives her to realize something about the scene.

Oh! I think that this might actually be an emergency! I don't know how it could have worked out this way, but whoever was in this room a moment ago could be in trouble... granted, it probably has nothing to do with the reason we're supposed to be there... but still...

She sighs. Well, I guess I'm in, then... are you coming, Kiehn?

GimliFett
2008-08-12, 03:43 PM
Kiehn Sondergaard

The dwarf smiles broadly. "I heard most of 'em!" He holds out a massive hand in friendship. "Kiehn Sondergaard, at your service, Maple! A pleasure to meet ya!"

He nods and waves her ahead of him. "After you!"

Pronunciation: KEEN SONE der Guard.

tophat
2008-08-12, 03:55 PM
Doors/windows?

Neither of either.

Aresk's search dosent turn up anything else of interest .

Fan
2008-08-12, 03:58 PM
Aresk is slightly depressed, that his efforts were for nought, and began fiddling with the stuff on the table, because godknoiws that theres some stupiddeice proabably locked up in one of those. So with a diligent hand, he began righting the candles, and putting the few that he could find back in their holders, and then he righted the goblet, full well expecting something to happen. (Hes been on a dungeon crawl, they have these sorts of mechanics.)

tophat
2008-08-12, 04:25 PM
You stand the goblet and the candleholder up , but nothing seems to happen

ColonelFuster
2008-08-12, 04:35 PM
Galad calls, "Those of you still outside, please come in. I beleive this force will reveal itself once we are all before it."

GimliFett
2008-08-12, 04:53 PM
Kiehn Sondergaard

Kiehn winks at Maple, then faces the portal and calls out. "Never rush a lady, Galad! She'll be in directly and I will follow!"

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-12, 04:53 PM
Hmm... ah!

Still somewhat preoccupied with the lack of an exit, Maple thinks of a way to find their way out in case none presents itself. She grabs a decently long stick - or if no stick is on hand, a reed or something will do, it doesn't really matter - and straddles it on the edge of the portal - half inside the room, half back in the swamp. It wasn't much, but she felt much better about walking though once she had done this.

With that, she steps into the room, straightens her leather armor with a good tug*, and nods to the rest of the party.

Huh. So, she wonders aloud as she looks around. Now what?

[*a la Picard on Star Trek, who needed to do this all of the time because his spandex would ride up constantly. It wasn't masterwork, see...]

GimliFett
2008-08-12, 04:55 PM
Kiehn Sondergaard

The dwarf follows Maple inside, tumbling in with a flourish. "Now the party can start!"

Slamexo
2008-08-12, 05:00 PM
Jacob looks around at everyone following him through the portal. "Well, good to know that they're willing to take a risk!" Jacob laughed to himself "Though the girl was pretty smart with the stick idea; nice to know there's some brains here too!"

Looking around the rather dismal room, Jacob spied Aresk fiddling with the candlesticks and the goblet, though to no effect. They looked fairly valuable, and whether or not they were as such might give a hint as to who owned the place. Following this thought, Jacob looked closer at them.

Appraise check!
[roll0]
Edit: Whoops sorry, just got the note bout DMs making the appraise checks from Colonel, you can go make your own now instead :smalltongue:

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-12, 06:37 PM
Vrryyn stares at the portal with a look of utter astonishment

B...By the gods! This is the work of a very powerful mage! Ohh I absoutely MUST ask him for this spell it would be most wonderful to have!

Seeing the others all walk in, he decides it should be safe and also walks through the portal. Looking curiously at the strange pattern on the floor, Vrryyn wonders what it could be.

Hmm... I wonder, could it really be what I'm thinking!

Knowledge Arcana check!
1d20+9

Oops, this is an edit, I have to do it in another post.

Akisa
2008-08-12, 06:43 PM
Liku was about to yell at the group for taking such a big risk for entering the portal. However Liku’s lips fell silent, possibility due to her amazement of the events that has transpired. As the others experimented with the portal Liku slowly withdrew her great axe as she watched the surroundings as if expecting an ambush.

Liku was then next to enter the portal as she slowly walked backwards to enter the portal. Liku’s eyes were trained to spot any outside dangers or any new comers from coming.

“Why do I get the feeling what’re doing is not wise” said Liku after fully emerging on the other side of the portal.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-12, 06:44 PM
Knowlegde Arcana!
[roll0]

Wow... a +9 and everything, and I roll a 2...:smallannoyed:

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-12, 09:56 PM
[Wouldn't this be more of a Spellcraft situation? Eh, you'd get the exact same bonuses either way, I guess...]

“Why do I get the feeling what’re doing is not wise”

Yeah, it probably isn't... but, if we don't figure out what's going on, we'll probably spend the rest of our lives wondering. So.

tophat
2008-08-13, 03:43 AM
As Liku , the final of the seven of you steps through the portal , it snaps shut , leaving you in darkness .
In the Darkness a hollow voice rings out
"Greetings Chosen , The Path of the White Wolf awaits you , You have all that you need to go forward , but the trials that face you will need for you to co-operate as well as to use your own gifts "

Fan
2008-08-13, 04:27 AM
Aresk looked around, in the darkness, luckiy for him, he had some cantrips left. (Two to be exact.) so he began chanting "Victus, Voranis, IMPERI!", and the room was filled with light, Aresk's Cloak now radiating, a golden yellow light, he looked around, his hod up now, and criticaly examining the room for differences.

tophat
2008-08-13, 04:41 AM
Once relit the room and contents where as they where previously , except the portal has gone

Slamexo
2008-08-13, 05:06 AM
Seeing the portal warp shut behind him, Jacob started to become worried. "Well great, now we're stuck in here! Who's bright idea was it to step through a portal we had no idea about anyway?" he ranted, completely oblivious to the fact that he was the first to go through. However, his anger was short lived as he realised that the first thing they should do is find an exit from the room. As Aresk had failed to find anything, it seemed that there must've been another way to get out.

Remembering the voice's words, he looked inside the pouch he had found at the same time as the disk which had gotten them into this mess and reached inside to pull out the bone handled chisel he had found in it earlier. He was annoyed at how everyone else seemed to be getting elaborate items and he was stuck with some ancient tool, but he figured now wasn't the time. Doing the only thing he could do, he started tapping the chisel against the various objects in the room to see if anything would happen. If nothing did, he'd set it down on the table and try to think of a new plan.

Also, still waiting on that appraise check

tophat
2008-08-13, 05:38 AM
The Goblet is of a simple design and isnt marked in any way . The goblet which is about 7 inches high starts from a base about 3 inchs wide , tapers inwards up to about 4 inches of its height and the final three inches form the cup which is a few inches wide .
The Candlestick has two legs and 5 prongs and like the Goblet is unadorned silver.
Price wise Jacob isnt sure

Fan
2008-08-13, 09:04 AM
Aresk begins searching the room for ANYTHING of value,
[roll0]

and assuming that he doesn't find anything he sits down for a second contemplating what the voice said. "use your various gift." so he pulled out his whislte examining it, and blowing it a couple times, seeing if it had any effect what so ever. he was honestly vurious what good was an aritculate whistle in a situation like this?

GimliFett
2008-08-13, 09:09 AM
Kiehn Sondergaard

Kiehn chuckles as he notes the others pulling various items from their packs and experimenting with them. "Huh? I don't think he meant the tools we got with the disk. 'Course all I got was a pot of ink or paint and a brush, so..." he shrugs as he looks around. "Oh, I'm Kiehn Sondergaard, by the way," the dwarf offers in an off-handed, absent manner as he continues to look around.

"May I?" he asks to see the candleholder and goblet.

Fan
2008-08-13, 09:12 AM
Aresk looks up from his noise less whistle puffing just a littkle red in the face, from puffing so much, and he handed with grace, the candle holder, and the goblet, over to the dwarf.

"They.. Dont ..puff, puff.. do anything.. I already righted them.. puff. pufff.. and put th candles... puff. puff back.. puff.. puff. in.

GimliFett
2008-08-13, 09:51 AM
Kiehn Sondergaard

Grinning, the dwarf takes the items and inspects them thoroughly. "Not a problem. Just wonderin' what they're worth. Find out what level of taste our host has."

[roll0]
[roll1]

Akisa
2008-08-13, 10:11 AM
Liku sighed as the gate closed in front of her. For some reason she knew that walking into the portal would cause it shut down.

“How did I knew that it would close as soon as I stepped inside” said Liku with a disappointed tone in her voice.

“So the whistle didn’t work, so what else could we do?” said Liku with an anxious tone to her voice once again.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-13, 12:55 PM
"Greetings Chosen , The Path of the White Wolf awaits you , You have all that you need to go forward , but the trials that face you will need for you to co-operate as well as to use your own gifts"

Maple stares wide-eyed as this sinks in, then makes a face. When she had noticed the spiritual presence following her before, she'd actually considered it a good sign. White's the symbolic color of purity and goodness; wolves can stand for comeraderie, bravery, and all of that. But this... announcement... lacked the sort of subtlety that such symbols usually entail.

Could this have all been about some kind of test? A practical joke? Something, perhaps, even stupider than these?

And don't think that she wasn't a little miffed about the fact that her one precaution seemed to be of no help whatsoever, either. She groans in disbelief, seeing what mangled bits of stick didn't disappear along with the portal. Yeesh.. I'm glad I didn't try to hold it open with my foot...

As the conversation turns to Aresk's whistle, she takes one look at it and can't help but laugh. Well, of course we can't hear it, that's a dog whistle, silly! She indicates the canine image adorning the instrument. It's inscribed right onto it, see?
[note: the text in the above spoiler hinges on the picture of a dog actually being on the thing, which I thought was mentioned at some point, but I can't find where.]

Even as the conversation continues, she starts to look around for some sort of clue, or a trace of whoever may have been through this room before they had arrived. She's a bit annoyed with the way some of them seem too obsessed with the quality of the decor to look for a way out of this, but she can't think of anything better for them to do, and wouldn't have been comfortable arguing the point with people she's never met before anyway.

[roll0]
Survival (if called for): +10
Search (if more appropriate): +5

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-13, 12:59 PM
Vrryn reaches into his pouch and pulls out a small object.

Hmm, I believe my "gift" will be of no use. All I have is a small dagger with a shark incrested in the hilt. So unless... WAIT!!!

Vrryyn has a look on his face like he just figured something out

Maybe, maybe those markings on the floor are actually magical! Maybe we have to place our objects given to us inside these markings! Or just somewhere inside this room. I'm going to have a search to see what I can find. (If I'm allowed to make a search.)

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-13, 01:07 PM
Search check!

[roll0]

Hmm... not bad but I doubt I'll find anything.

GimliFett
2008-08-13, 01:17 PM
Kiehn

Satisfied with his appraisals, Kiehn sets the objects on the table and rummages in his pack for a small pouch. "Yours have symbols on them? I don't remember that," he says as he opens the pouch and withdraws a small clay pot and holds it up at eye level to investigate it.

Akisa
2008-08-13, 01:54 PM
Liku then reached into her bag and pulled out a handful of seeds. "If you're theory is correct and we have to match up our gifts with a specific spot, where do I put these seeds at then?" replied Liku as she wondered what the seeds would do.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-13, 02:08 PM
Vrryyn, pondering the question, replies

Well I'm not sure exactly where. But the voice told us to use our gifts. I'm not sure whether that meant our natural gifts granted to us through either training, birth, study or by the gods, or these gifts given to us inside these pouches. But I think we should look over everything we know and have to see what we can do. Think about which gift or gifts would make sense in this situation. Which of our gifts can give us a possible escape route from this damned room. I do not like this conundrum we are in and I want to leave here. As fast as possible.

GimliFett
2008-08-13, 02:13 PM
Kiehn

The dwarf stops eyeing his clay pot and stares at Vrryyn, a sarcastic smile quirking his lips as his left eyebrow arches. "I really don't think the voice meant these little tokens we got. I think he meant our natural abilities, skills and talents. Often called gifts. Hm?" Kiehn sighs deeply and returns to his inspection of the pot.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-13, 02:25 PM
Vrryyn looks back at the dwarf and says

Yes, I believe you are correct. Though what natural abilities do we have that can get us out of here? I am not much of an experienced mage, I have but mere cantrips and the like. Unless we need brute force to get us out, I'm not sure what we can do.

GimliFett
2008-08-13, 02:47 PM
Kiehn

Kiehn stops looking at the pot and returns it to its pouch. The dwarf turns back to the mage and strokes his goatee with a massive right hand. "You think this is some contest or somethin'? Clearly it meant we're on a philosophical path, and we have what we need to succeed, aside from learning how to cooperate." He sighs and shakes his head. "Fine. Lemme take a look around here and see if there's a hidden door or somesuch."

He moves to the 'walls' and starting where the group entered the portal searches the entirety of the room's outer edge.

ColonelFuster
2008-08-13, 03:17 PM
Hmm... seven items. Seven symbols, maybe? And a series of circles and triangles? I don't recall anything like this in Silva's teachings. Hmm...

"Wait, you may be on to something, Sir Elf," Galad cries, and seeks to put the feet of the candleholder into the lighter colored wood on one side of the tabe, and then put the goblet in the centre.
"Maybe this will...?"

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-13, 03:46 PM
Interesting...

Maple, finally getting onto the same page as everyone else, empties her bag onto the table, revealing seven small gems.

When I first looked at this, I figured that whoever gave us the discs was just kind of bribing us with treasure at the same time, but now that I see what you all have, I guess it could be important.

She sighs. I don't really see how any of it fits into the puzzle at hand, though.

Slamexo
2008-08-13, 03:53 PM
If Colonel's thing works then just ignore this

Noticing the other plans having little effect, Jacob turned his focus to the only things in the room besides them and their free gifts. The candlestick and the goblet probably weren't in a closed off room by coincedence, so he figured whatever they were supposed to do may have had something to do with them.

Looking through the tools he had avaliable, he did the best thing he could think to do with these simple objects. Taking out his waterskin, he filled the goblet full with water, then turned to the others in the room with him.
"Anyone got something we can use to light up these candles? It'll at least brighten up the place a bit if not do something more useful."

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-13, 04:03 PM
Vrryyn rolls his eyes, not really wanting to use his magic on something he would consider a waste. (No offense Slamexo, I mean a waste in the characters eyes.)

Fine, here. He says taking the candles. He takes out a flint and steel and lights them the old fashion way.

Vrryyn then turns to Maple

My dear lady, I believe your gemstones indeed ARE the pieces of this puzzle. Think about it. Seven stones, seven symbols. Now we just must decide which of the stones goes where.Vrryyn says, inspecting the symbols.

What are the symbols?

tophat
2008-08-13, 04:36 PM
Hmm... seven items. Seven symbols, maybe? And a series of circles and triangles? I don't recall anything like this in Silva's teachings. Hmm...

"Wait, you may be on to something, Sir Elf," Galad cries, and seeks to put the feet of the candleholder into the lighter colored wood on one side of the tabe, and then put the goblet in the centre.
"Maybe this will...?"

The two feet of the candle holder and the goblet both fit perfectly into the circles on the table . But Nothing else happens .

ColonelFuster
2008-08-13, 05:13 PM
DAMMIT! I hope I'm getting the right idea with the next one... it would help to have a map, though.
Galad takes out his crystal ball and scratches his head.

"Crystall ball, chisel, noiseless whistle, seeds, gems, a clay pot, and a dagger."

Galad wracks his brain for anything that could lend a hint.

"Erm... let's see... seven... maybe the seven provinces? West, Logan... mining. Chisel." He directs Jacob to one end of the table, where a point of the equilateral triangle on the ground points.
"Okay, and then Gulliver, in the northwest. Farming country." He silently guides Liku by the shoulder to Jacob's left.
"After that, the northeast, a magical country, Portiso. Crystal Ball." He puts his item in the spot next to Jacob.
"And in the east, Lothar, which exports jewlery. Gems." He scoop up the precious stones and brings them, with Maple, to the opposite side as Jacob.
"Right next to Lothar is Stinger, which is full of natural country. Maybe... clay pot?" He points to the spot, while looking at the dwarf.
"That just leaves Morton and Ashby. Morton is generally forested, so maybe the wolf whistle belongs there?" He points to the 'southern' spot and looks to Aresk.
"Huh." He looks to the dagger. "I don't suppose I could get you to stab that into the table, friend?"

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-13, 09:23 PM
Vrryn puts on a fake maniacal smile, looks at Sir Galad and replies

Ohh yes please. I would VERY much appreciate the feel of stabbing something right now!:smallamused: And I must also add Sir Galad, that the dagger also has the ingravment of a shark into the hilt. Are any of the provinces aquatic, by any chance? Or near the coast?

ColonelFuster
2008-08-13, 09:34 PM
Galad gives a small laugh. "Well, there's a shark on it, and I would generally think of something like that as evil. No offense to anyone," he adds quickly. "You may want to try submersing it in the goblet, though- it is at the centre."
"In Silva's name, let it be done."

tophat
2008-08-14, 05:10 AM
WIth the Candles Lit and the goblet full of water ,it looks almost as if you can see an image in the water , but its very unclear ,almost as if the water isnt clear enough to show the intended image .

Arranging the items around the room seems to have little effect

Slamexo
2008-08-14, 05:35 AM
Seeing the faint image in the water, Jacob smiles that his idea seemed to have some effect on their situation. However, at the moment it didn't seem to be having a perfect effect, and something else looked like it still needed to be done.

Taking one of the lit candles from the candle stick, he moves it closer to the water's surface and eventually puts it into the goblet until something, if anything happens.

tophat
2008-08-14, 05:42 AM
When you move the candle from the holder it makes the image even less distinct than before .

Slamexo
2008-08-14, 06:05 AM
Feeling that the puzzle was almost figured out, Jacob felt there must just have been one more thing that needed changing.

"Let's see, water in a goblet, and light on the candles. The candles need to be in their for this to work if I'm correct, and the water in the goblet's definitly on the right track, so maybe we just need those two to be the only things working?"

Turning his head to Aresk, Jacob continues his idea "Maybe you should turn off that torch of a cloak of yours; that might be what's fuzzing up this image here."

Assuming Aresk complies with this idea, Jacob will turn his head back to look into the water at the image again.

tophat
2008-08-14, 06:22 AM
Apart from making the room a bit darker when the cloak is not producing light anymore nothing changes

Slamexo
2008-08-14, 06:35 AM
"Ok, this is my last idea and if this doesn't work then I've got nothing left at the moment" Jacob says to everyone else. Moving over to the orb that Galad placed on the floor, he picks it up and looks through it into the water and, if nothing happens, places it into the goblet, assuming it'll fit.

tophat
2008-08-14, 06:46 AM
As you place the orb into the top of the goblet it sits snuggly on the rim .
Looking into the orb the image inside seems to solidify and you can see yourself and your fellows standing in an almost identical room to the one you are standing in now .
There are two main exceptions to this firstly the room in the orb has two doors ,one to the left and one to the right as well as that a Warhammer is resting against the wall .
Looking up from the orb you see that the orb isnt as different as you thought , there are indeed two doors in the room you stand in as well as a warhammer resting on the wall

Slamexo
2008-08-14, 07:26 AM
Astounded but satisfied that the idea had actually worked, Jacob set about to look through the new features of the room. He first set his attention to the warhammer to see if it was of any value and would consider it a prize for the challenge if it was.

Appraise check please Mr. Hat, at a +3 bonus

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-14, 09:41 AM
Can the rest of us see the doors and warhammer as well? If we can...

By the gods... you solved it, without magic?! I am very confused.

tophat
2008-08-14, 10:09 AM
Yes , everyone can see the new doors and the warhammer , everything else in the room is as was .
The warhammer looks to be made of a sturdy steel head that has and pole and has a red leather grip along most of its poles length . Its of a standard size suitable for a medium sized wielder .

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-14, 10:40 AM
[I can just hear the little chime from The Legend of Zelda, heh...]

Wow...

Maple momentarily stares at the magic appearing doors in appreciation before snapping back into practical mode again.

Oh! Good one! she says as she puts her gems away for later. She's already coming to the conclusion that each of their 'gifts' would likely play a part in a different puzzle before this was finished. In fact, the hammer might have a part in it, too...

She picks it up and hands it to Jake. Hey, um, Jacob? Here. You put it all together, so it's only fair that you should get the reward, right?

Slamexo
2008-08-14, 10:50 AM
Jacob smiles at Maple's generous offer, but politely declines her.
"Thanks but I'm only interested in treasures I can sell or items I can use, and I've got better ways to deal with things than to swing a hammer at them. If anyone else wants it though, go ahead."

Jacob then turned his attention to the two doors that had also appeared.

"Well, it seems whatever force brought us here wants us to stick together, which I'd be less hesitant about if they hadn't just locked us in a room with no exit. Still, I'm going to try that door that's just appeared" Jacob says as he points to the door on the left. "If anyone wants to come with me, then go ahead." He continues before glaring at Aresk "Of course I'm not saying you have to."

Jacob then retrieves his bone chisel before he tries the door he was referring to and, assuming it isn't locked, will go through to have a look whilst waiting on the other side for anyone who decides to come with him.

Also, aren't I supposed to get a rough value of the item depending on my appraise roll? And a really off value if I get a rubbish roll?

tophat
2008-08-14, 11:42 AM
Money wise you'd probably think that the warhammer was around the 300 gold piece mark , its a fine piece of craftmanship .
The door opens easily into a corridor that looks to turn to the north about 30 feet down .

( it may not actually be north but for the sake of easy description im going to call it north as a frame of reference :) )

Slamexo
2008-08-14, 11:47 AM
Since the door led to a corridor he couldn't check further without exploring down, Jacob decided to try the other door first. However, upon entering the room he took a second glance at the warhammer and realized it was quite an exquisite weapon. "You know what? Scratch that, I'm gonna keep this after all." Jacob announced before picking up the warhammer and sliding it between the strap on his back and himself. Then, he tries the other door and, assuming it's also unlocks, goes through to see what's on the other side.

tophat
2008-08-14, 11:55 AM
The other door leads to a similiar corridor that also turns north after 30 feet

Fan
2008-08-14, 11:58 AM
Aresk bing the soruce of light, he walks down the hallway first.

GimliFett
2008-08-14, 12:04 PM
Kiehn

The dwarf pushes his way past Aresk. "I'll take point, if ya don't mind! I can see in the dark well enough. You stay back about fifteen or twenty feet so I can see and scout, ok?"

Slamexo
2008-08-14, 12:14 PM
Jacob, seeing Aresk and Kiehn going down one passage, decides to head down the other, wanting to spend as little time with the stuck up spellcaster as necessary.

Fan
2008-08-14, 12:19 PM
Aresk a little offened, that the dwarf would just push him out of the way like that, stood back a little, but not enough to tottaly black out his vision.
"Be my guest, you can be the first one to get run through when the trap goes off."

ColonelFuster
2008-08-14, 03:54 PM
Galad, though disappointed that his idea didn't work, goes after Jacob, once he dicides that the orb is no longer neccesary.
"Hold! Sir Jacob! Hold!"
He catches up shortly and puts his hand on the psion's shoulder. "I'm sorry, Sir Jacob, I do not want to be contrary, and it is against my code to have that which is not mine, but perhaps you would forsake the hammer we found, using my orb, to me. I do believe it is the will of the one who brought us here." Galad takes out his own warhammer and compares them to demonstrate.

GimliFett
2008-08-14, 03:59 PM
Kiehn

Kiehn turns back to the arcanist. "I doubt our host would try to murder us with traps in a portable pocket-dimension of his own devising. On the other hand, I'm probably best suited to spotting and dealing with any traps there might be anyway and I'd rather be at the front of it than the back. Betters my chances of leaping clear should I actually miss something. Which you'd better hope I don't." Smirking, the dwarf winks then turns and continues down the hall, eyeing the walls and floor as he goes.

Slamexo
2008-08-14, 04:01 PM
Jacob was hesistant. He had solved the puzzle, and he felt that he deserved a prize for his efforts. However, if it was whoever had set up this little ploy's intention that the paladin get the hammer, who could also use it better than he could, then it'd be wrong to take it from him. Plus he seemed like a nice enough guy, and it wouldn't hurt to have a favour in stock with him just in case.

"Fair enough, but don't forget this!" Jacob smiled as he handed the hammer to Galad "And don't call me sir either, just Jacob's fine."

After which, he continued back down the hallway as he was originally intending.

ColonelFuster
2008-08-14, 04:12 PM
Galad continues to follow him.
"Thank you, Sir- er- uh, Jacob. I assure you that if treasure is what you truly wish for, it may be here for you, perhaps when that chisel of yours comes into play." Galad walks at a steady pace next to him, and admires the surperior craftmanship of the weapon. "I think you have a noble adventurous heart- that would serve you well in the worship of Silva," he offers up tentatively.

Slamexo
2008-08-14, 04:16 PM
Jacob shakes his head at Galad's offer
"I don't follow the Gods, I prefer to make my own fate. And as for the noble part, well, I'm just in it for the thrills really so I don't know if that's still what you would consider noble."

ColonelFuster
2008-08-14, 04:23 PM
"Fair enough." Galad says with a smile at the first statement.
"Something brought us together here, so maybe you are more special than you give yourself credit for." Galad gives a sly grin and continues walking alongside Jacob, taking his shield out to carry along with the hammer.

Slamexo
2008-08-14, 04:28 PM
Jacob shrugs
"I can do some things that I've never seen others do, at least not in the same way as me. But I doubt I was dragged here just because of that."

ColonelFuster
2008-08-14, 04:41 PM
Galad pauses to consider this. Then, he puts on a pensive look and sighs.
"You never know. The universe is a strange place. But at least we know how to make the best of it." Galad winks and keeps walking.

Fan
2008-08-14, 04:47 PM
Aresk, and the dwarf proceed down te hallway, their footsteps ringing out hollowly in the semi large hallway, and Aresk spoke to the Dwarf he himself serving as his own ligth, and guide as he, and the dwarf journyed down the hallway.
"So why do you think we were brought here, I mean none of us have any REALLY special powers, I mean I can cast magic, pretty could while being equaly proficent with a blade, and Vrynns a mage, but why exactly do you think we were brought here, there are beings that would help him, with far greater than our own."

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-14, 04:49 PM
It should be obvious by now that Maple is somewhat ambivalent to this whole dungeon thing.

On one hand, this was a frightening situation that she had absolutely no control over. She was lost, had no idea what was going on, and was a little claustrophobic to boot. What she wouldn't give for a window, just to see that there was still an outside world to get to...

On the other hand, the adventure itself was a new, exciting experience - for all of her archery and tracking skills, she had never actually done this sort of thing before. In terms of sheer spectacle, the magic alone was worth the trip. Her cousin was a bard, and she had certainly seen magic before, but this was a remarkable feat of... um, of whatever it is you do to make this sort of thing happen.

The whole situation made her a bit giddy, actually. She just didn't know how to deal with it quite yet.

ColonelFuster
2008-08-14, 04:56 PM
[I'm pretty sure that one group went through one door and one went through the other?]

GimliFett
2008-08-14, 05:12 PM
Kiehn

The dwarf shrugs, but doesn't look back. "Why do people with power do anything?" He asks. "Because they can. As long as it holds my interest," he shrugs again, "I don't care why, unless it's some nefarious plot to rule the world by hiring neophytes to do odd-jobs!" A deep chuckling can be heard coming from the dwarf.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-14, 06:14 PM
[Bleh, my mistake. Fixed the last post. Turns out I didn't need to change much, heh...]

Maple looks from one door to the other as one pair goes down each, and back to the other two undecided people.

I guess we're splitting up, then? How do you guys want to do this?

Deciding between the routes would be a lot easier if there were and even number of people. Probably, Vrryyn should go with the human guys, and Liku should go with the other two, just for the sake of party balance. At this point, Maple is fishing for a reason to pick a route for herself.

Yes, she's probably overthinking the matter.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-14, 07:03 PM
Vrryyn sighs

Well I guess we'll just venture down the corridor BEFORE we see where the other door leads to. There may be something of vague importance in the"south"corridor. I'm going to have a look before i go wandering away from what may be a valuable experience.

Vrryyn starts walking towards the other door. Opens it assuming it's not locked, and takes a look inside.

OOPS! sorry i forgot to read page 5 before i posted:smallfrown: just ignore this post!

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-14, 07:22 PM
[You got confused, too? Well, in that case, here's a quick recap of what we could see from this room:

"The door opens easily into a corridor that looks to turn to the north about 30 feet down. "

"The other door leads to a similiar corridor that also turns north after 30 feet."

As for the party:

"Aresk, being the source of light, walks down the hallway first." <Kien goes with, strikes up conversation>

"Jacob, seeing Aresk and Kiehn going down one passage, decides to head down the other, wanting to spend as little time with the stuck-up spellcaster as necessary." <Galad strikes up conversation, goes with>]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-14, 07:32 PM
Ok Vrryyn follows behind Sir Galad and Jacob, deciding that each group will be needing a spellcaster of some sort.

Excuse me, Sir Galad, Jacob. But it is awfully dark down this corridor. Do any of you have any torches we may be able to light? I would much prefer not to have to use any of my spells, seeing as I can use very little per day in the first place.

Sadly, only 3 level 0 and 1 level 1 to be exact:smallfrown:

ColonelFuster
2008-08-15, 12:09 AM
[you get bonus level 1 spells for your high int score, don't you? 12-19=1 bonus 1st level spell, 20+=2 bonus 1st level spells. Take a look at the abilities section of the SRD, I think it's in there.]

"As you wish, Sir Vrryyn."
Sir Galad takes out his lantern and lights it, handing it over to the elf as he picks up hammer and shield again. "Sorry, friend, you know I need both hands."

tophat
2008-08-15, 02:48 AM
Ok so both groups come to a different door , they both are sturdy heavy wooden doors , both are locked

GimliFett
2008-08-15, 12:38 PM
Kiehn

With a smile, Kiehn slaps his hands together and moves to the door. He kneels and eyes the lock as he removes his toolkit from his pack. "Finally! Something to do!"

[roll0]
[roll1]; if needed.
[roll2]
Apparently I have offended the DiceRoller Gods!
I BOW TO YOUR SUPERIORITY, MIGHTY ONES!

tophat
2008-08-15, 01:27 PM
Click and it seems the door is now unlocked , there didnt appear to be any traps on it .

Fan
2008-08-15, 01:31 PM
Aresk nod approvingly at the dwarves worksmanship, obviously SOMEONE, besides him knew what they were doing. Aresk then pushed the dwarf to the side his sword drawn, and magic at the ready.

Hold a standard action, to cast Agazars scorcher on the first HOSTILE target.

GimliFett
2008-08-15, 01:41 PM
Kiehn

"Ugh. That was too easy. I hope they can actually challenge me next time!" Kiehn says as he allows Aresk to preced him while he stows his kit back in his pack. He stands and draws his rapier.

ColonelFuster
2008-08-15, 03:14 PM
Galad looks to the door and comments, "There's no reason we can't be civil...." and knocks on the door lightly with his hammer three times.

tophat
2008-08-15, 03:40 PM
At the east door.

There is no response to Galads knocking ,

At the west door ,

Aresk stands before the now unlocked but not yet opened door ready to blast anything inside .

GimliFett
2008-08-15, 04:09 PM
Kiehn

"Whenever you're ready, go for it!" the dwarf suggests.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-15, 05:09 PM
Maple, after leaning back and forth in the direction of each door indecisively, decides to go down Kien's corridor. She motions for Liku to follow.

[In the interest of catching her up, I'm going to assume she does. This was part of the reason for making Maple wait up in the first place...]

Maple follows the left wall of the corridor until she can see the light from Aresk's spell. As it's dark, and humans suck at seeing under such conditions, she absentmindedly tries to lead the paladin/fighter/cleric by the hand as she does so.

Subconsciously, the 16-year old is already starting to register in her mind as someone to look out for. This categorization obviously does not hold to much scrutiny, what with the greataxe and all. Oh well.

She tries to think of something to say to break the ice, but can't. Such is a pitfall of having charisma as one's dump stat.

On another note, there is no rule that says narration is not allowed to break the fourth wall in its endeavor to describe what's going on in magical pretend land.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-15, 05:38 PM
Vrryyn looks between Sir Galad and Jacob

Well I don't suppose any of you can pick locks can you? None of my current spells I have prepared can unlock doors.

Does Open/close unlock things?

ColonelFuster
2008-08-15, 10:22 PM
No, it dosen't, that's what Knock is for.
After listening for a moment, Galad shrugs. At hearing his friend's remark, he grins and says, "Well, if you stand back, I'll try a little magic I learned training to be a soldier." He drops his shield with a clang and hefts the new hammer in both hands, swinging mightily at the broad door.

Damage roll [roll0]

tophat
2008-08-16, 03:49 AM
Galad smashes through the door and stumbles into the room , the room is filled with thin strands of strange black web like material . Within seconds malevolent 8 legged critters with black chitinous hides and luminous yellow knees are swarming towards you .

Inititive rolls
galad[roll0]
jacob[roll1]+2
Vvryn[roll2]
Spiders[roll3] +3

There are 5 spiders in total .

fyi I havent added some mods for inititve(at work cant see galds or vs, so let me know what that is

tophat
2008-08-16, 05:03 AM
Jacob swings his morningstar at one of the vile little beasts

swing[roll0]
splat[roll1]

ColonelFuster
2008-08-16, 04:00 PM
would this help?
Galad Luan (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=73918)
Male Lawful Good Human Paladin, Level 1, Init +6, HP 13/13, Speed 20 ft
AC 18, Touch 12, Flat-footed 16, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus 1
Warhammer +4 (1d8+2, x3)
Shortbow (20 arrows) +3 (1d6, x3)
Throwing axe (2) +3 (1d6+2, x2)
Scale Mail, Heavy Wooden Shield (+4 Armor, +2 Shield, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 15, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 9, Wis 12, Cha 18
Condition None

Galad picks his shield back up and swings mightily at one of the disgusting creatures with his new (and improved? was it masterwork?) hammer, grimacing.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Fan
2008-08-16, 05:05 PM
Aresk, pushes through the door, first seeing as the elf is always the one who has to go first, so he went through the door, and saw the combat.

[roll0]

Akisa
2008-08-16, 08:16 PM
Liku follows Maple as she led her down the corridor. This whole portal and dungeon crawl was making her uncomfortable. After all technically she was still in training before she went awol.

“Well it’s my obligation to inform you I’m still in training, so I’m technically not a paladin but a cadet, I was led away before I finished my training. I‘m sorry for deceiving you” Liku said to break the ice as she neared the wooden door Aresk was opening.

Fan
2008-08-16, 11:23 PM
Aresk had seen the other group dealng with the spiders, now normally he would have left mister paladin, and Jacob to rot, and merely told them t wait a couple minuets because there was some danger in the other room that would pass soon. However they had Vrynn with them, and he couldn't risk one of the few allies he might have later in life.
So with a dramtic billowing of his cape, and a burst of fire he shot of aggazars scorcher, and began to move towards the fight signaling for the others to follow.

Standard action goes off once I open the door.
[roll0]
my ranged touch.
damage:
[roll1]
if its a crit (doubtful)
crit confirm
[roll2]
damage
[roll3]

tophat
2008-08-17, 04:12 AM
Aresk had seen the other group dealng with the spiders, now normally he would have left mister paladin, and Jacob to rot, and merely told them t wait a couple minuets because there was some danger in the other room that would pass soon. However they had Vrynn with them, and he couldn't risk one of the few allies he might have later in life.
So with a dramtic billowing of his cape, and a burst of fire he shot of aggazars scorcher, and began to move towards the fight signaling for the others to follow.

Standard action goes off once I open the door.
[roll0]
my ranged touch.
damage:
[roll1]
if its a crit (doubtful)
crit confirm
[roll2]
damage
[roll3]

Umm you went down a different corridor and through a different door , so you dont see any spiders or the other group . Ill try and get a map up later on to cut down on these kind of problems . ( You do however get to keep your inititive)

Opening the door you see a large room about 60 feet in length , by 30 feet width , the floor is made from 4 large steps each 15 feet by 30 feet , standing on the first step is a being about the size and shape of a halfling but made entirely of flame . As the door opens it roars and runs at you

[roll0]kiehn(??)
[roll1] Liku(-6)
[roll2]maple(+3)
[roll3] fire elemental (+5 ini)

back on the other side of the dungeon

Vvryn casts a magic missile at a spider [roll4]
Inititive order

aresk+maple ,fire elemental , kiehn, liku.

tophat
2008-08-17, 04:51 AM
Both Jacob and Galad make quick work of the first two spiders , currently there are two spiders in front of Galad ,one of them is down to only 6 legs after a nasty blast from a magic missile and one in front of Jacob , one of the spiders shoots out webbing which goes wide of Galad and another tries to bite him but its fangs bounce of his shield . The spider attacking Jacob makes a biting action but is a good 2 feet wide of where Jacob is .

In the next round Jacob again swings at a spider

[roll]1d8+2[

Vvryn will step forward and attack the injured spider on Galad
[roll1]

Fan
2008-08-17, 09:04 AM
Realizsing tat this creature is made of flame, and thus his fire would be useless if not HELPFUL, to the fire creature. (everyone knows you dont kill fire with MORE fire.) so instead he readied his energy to use bigby's tripping hand the second the foul beast attacks, unless it goes ranged. then there will have to be a change of tactics.

5ft step out f the doorway, and ready bigby's trpping hand.

ColonelFuster
2008-08-17, 03:14 PM
Galad shouts, "Finish it off!" to no one in particular and turns to the next spider, trying to deal a blow to it's grossly bloated thorax.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

tophat
2008-08-17, 04:31 PM
The spiders react quickly now and all manage to avoid further harm .
They then strike with cold mavelonce in their many eyes

smite good-galad[roll0]damage[roll1]poison[roll2]
smite good-vvrak[roll3]damage[roll4]poison[roll5]
smite good-jacob[roll6]damage[roll7]poison[roll8]

Again all the spiders missed

Inititive order is
JGV spiders

Slamexo
2008-08-18, 08:39 AM
Feeling the nasty effects of these mysterious spiders and their evil energy, Jacob braced his physical metabolism against such effects.

[roll0]Go go Fortitude save!

tophat
2008-08-18, 09:08 AM
The elven mage again swings with his blade

[roll0]

and inbeds it in the creatures head , the creature twitches then dies

Slamexo
2008-08-18, 09:30 AM
Urk! Was I supposed to do something else there? Well, I'll do it now just in case I was :smalleek:

Focusing his mind on the clearly above average danger spiders, Jacob decides to play one of his more powerful weapons against the vile creatures. As a quiet humming rings through the air, Jacob focuses his mind and sends mental daggers towards one of the spiders! Caught in the passion of the moment, Jacob sends even more force behind the move than really necessary.

First psionic move of the game! Wild surged Mind Thrust!
[roll0] Damage
Spider gets a Will save to negate that, DC 14
And now the psychic enervation *Yick*
[roll1] 1-5 equal dazed til the end of my next turn plus an extra -1 power point! :smallannoyed:

Edit: Awww yeah, max damage and no enervation! Now to hope it doesn't make that save :smalltongue:

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-18, 09:58 AM
Glad for something to talk about, Maple tries to reassure Liku as they get closer to the torchlit end of the tunnel, where their new, um, friends are just about to open the door.

Don't sweat it. Semantics aside, your aspirations paint a much better picture of who you are than LOOK OUT!

Fire Elementals pose a deep spiritual significance to Maple. As such, she knows that pondering said significance is not quite the top priority when one is lunging at you. She grabs her bow, nocks an arrow, and fires (no pun intended) the instant Aresk gives her a clear shot.

Attack Roll: [roll0] + 4
(damage: [roll1] + 1)

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-18, 08:13 PM
Ok I'm back now and just tell me when it's my action. I'll edit what spells I currently have and all of my stats like Colonel did. Wait how many spells can I memorize?

Akisa
2008-08-18, 08:40 PM
In what seem to be in a blink of an eye Maple and Liku were having an idle conversation and then suddenly she found Maple suddenly reach for her bow. At first Liku was unsure how to react, and paused for a moment to scan her options. Should she reach for her great axe, whom was Maple’s target? Many of Liku’s questions were answered as after a brief moment, such as who was Maple’s target and should she take out her weapon. However this wasted time which Liku could’ve been spent fighting her enemy which is why her instructors have always tried to explain to her not to over think things like now. Nevertheless Liku reached over for Great Axe and planed on attacking the elements if they come within range of her attack. And if the elements decide not come within her reach Liku would cast Divine Favor.

[1d20+5] Attack Dmg [1d12+6]Dmg if elements come within attack range (Elements go before me)

If not I'll cast divine favor

tophat
2008-08-19, 11:22 AM
http://i38.tinypic.com/sdo3r8.jpg

this here is a map of the fire elemental room at the begining of the first round .

Spider room at the moment is too simple i feel to warrant a map at this stage

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-19, 12:04 PM
[I actually imagined still being a bit further from the door at the top of the round, due to the timing of the situation... and, you know, the whole longbow thing. Of course, that would put us off of the edge of the map here, which is probably why you stuck M & L where you did... Hm...]

Maple reflexively steps back a bit to avoid bumping her elbows into people as she draws her weapon.

[Okay, that's better. This remains in IC-land for tactical reasons, since Maple would be at about square O/5-and-a-half at this point.]

tophat
2008-08-19, 12:21 PM
[I actually imagined still being a bit further from the door at the top of the round, due to the timing of the situation... and, you know, the whole longbow thing. Of course, that would put us off of the edge of the map here, which is probably why you stuck M & L where you did... Hm...]

Maple reflexively steps back a bit to avoid bumping her elbows into people as she draws her weapon.

[Okay, that's better. This remains in IC-land for tactical reasons, since Maple would be at about square O/5-and-a-half at this point.]

ah sorry heres probably a better map then

http://i36.tinypic.com/vd26o2.jpg

also

http://i38.tinypic.com/30mwhp1.jpg

ColonelFuster
2008-08-20, 01:04 PM
I'll turn him into a flea... and then, i'll put the flea in a box, and then put that box inside of another box, and then i'll mail the box to myself, and when it comes i'll...
Galad once again tries to smash the spider with his hammer.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

GimliFett
2008-08-20, 04:41 PM
Kiehn

As soon as he is able, the dwarf rolls forward in a somersault, attempting to circumvent the elemental's threats and jabs with his rapier at a hopefully exposed flank.

[roll0]
[roll1]; add +2 for flanking if not an actual elemental
[roll2]

OOC: The maps won't load for me at all. I'll try and check them from my home comp this evening. Please adjust what you need for this to work.

tophat
2008-08-21, 10:10 AM
Spider Room

Galad misses his spider and although Jacob through everything he had at the spider the vile creature managed to withstand the mental assault . Vvrak though managed to slay the beast he was fighting with a well aimed swing of his sword .

The spiders pressed the attack hoping to find an opening to deliver their venom .

bite on galad [roll0] for [roll1] poison strength[roll2]
bite on jacob [roll3] for [roll4] poison strength[roll5]

Galad manages to avoid the spider once more but Jacob is less fortunate and the spider manages to sink its fangs into his leg causing only a minor wound (1 dam) but also injecting a potent venom into his blood stream (dc10 con based to save)

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/tophat11/spiderroom.jpg

tophat
2008-08-21, 11:03 AM
Elemental Room (Inititive M,A,E,K,L,

Aresk steps back leaving maple with a shot which although looks difficult she lands with ease and the arrow smacks into the elemental , then catches fire , the elemental roars in rage and runs towards Aresk , but a magical hand appears and although the elemenatl nearly avoids it the big hand sweeps away the legs of elemental which is then deposited on the floor . It quickly regains its feet in time for Kleihn to swipe at it from the side after an impressive rolling maneuver . However Kleins swipe is of target . Liku casts divine favor as the elemental is not close enough to hit .

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/tophat11/elementalroom.jpg

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-21, 12:45 PM
As the camera turns to see Liku cast her spell, Maple is already nocking her next arrow. Intending to stop the hostile and dangerous being before anyone gets hurt, she shoots again.
[roll0] + 4 + (whatever Divine Favor does, if anything)

Damage?: [roll1] + 1

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-21, 12:49 PM
[ It disables the roller when I preview to check my formatting? That... is quite annoying.

roll 0 : [roll0]
roll 1: [roll1] ]

As she is practicing her rapid-fire technique, Maple attempts to shoot the arrow off as quickly as she can. In doing so, she fails to get a good grip on the arrow as she pulls it back. The projectile slips from her fingers prematurely and it sent spinning to the floor.

ColonelFuster
2008-08-21, 02:46 PM
Galad says, "hold fast friends!" and makes another swing.

heeeeey battabattabattabattabattabattabatta!!!
attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-23, 11:23 AM
No one is posting!!! Who's action is it anyways?

Akisa
2008-08-24, 01:30 PM
“Prepare to die you evil foul creature” said Liku as she dashes towards the front as fast as she can with the armor she’s in. After making it within striking range Liku takes a swing at the fire elemental.

[roll0] Attk [roll1] dmg

tophat
2008-08-25, 10:46 AM
No one is posting!!! Who's action is it anyways?

Inititive is at the top of my last post , spider room is good guys then the spiders , but dont wait for the person in front just post your actions (feel free to post alternatives based on scenarios that are likely )

GimliFett
2008-08-25, 11:21 AM
Kiehn

The dwarf snorts as his rapier misses. "Bah! How 'bout a little help, here folks?" he asks as he jabs his rapier once more.

[roll0]
[roll1]

OOC: I can see the maps, now, but the one for our room is a little hard to read.

Slamexo
2008-08-25, 12:16 PM
Gulp, fortitude, my worst save!
[roll0] Hmm, a tie; is that a pass or a fail?

Cursing as the vermin sunk its teeth into his leg after resisting his strongest attack, Jacob started to lose his cool and swung his morningstar heavily for the spider's skull.

Attack roll [roll1]
Damage roll [roll2]

Fan
2008-08-26, 09:45 AM
(what am I supposed to do, I'm holding action to set off my spell, and moving into postistion.)

tophat
2008-08-26, 10:00 AM
that was last round (see post 169)

Fan
2008-08-26, 02:05 PM
(you do know, that I could have 5 ft stepped to the left, and given us BOTH a AOO, AND continued me being in a meele range, since I'm as BETTER in meele than a druid right now.)

tophat
2008-08-26, 03:17 PM
(you do know, that I could have 5 ft stepped to the left, and given us BOTH a AOO, AND continued me being in a meele range, since I'm as BETTER in meele than a druid right now.)

Well sure , but you said you where stepping back out of the door and readying a trip , so thats what you did :)
You can still draw a weapon , take a 5ft step and attack now if you wish

Fan
2008-08-26, 08:54 PM
(my weapon was already drawn.)
5 ft step, and beat down on the fire elemental.

[roll0]
damage
[roll1]

tophat
2008-08-27, 03:27 AM
Elemental Room

Aresk steps forward and with a mighty blow destroys the elemental , the flaming being is extinguished leaving only a pile of ash .

You are left standing in a room 60 feet by 45 feet , every 15 feet there is a step up leading to the far wall where there is a door . Along the side walls at regular intervals are 4 basins attached to the wall at waist height on each side .

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-27, 09:11 AM
You said I need my action so...

Vrryyn takes a 5 ft step back, puts his sword away and pulls out his bow.

Unfortunately, I can't shoot this round...

tophat
2008-08-27, 10:08 AM
Spider Room

Jacob just manages to resist the poison but his swing is erratic ang goes wide , gallad fares little better

The spiders try to push for some advantage

attack gallad[roll0]dam[roll1] poison [roll2]

attack Jacob[roll3]dam[roll4] poison [roll5]

both miss I beleive .

Inititive for next round is good guys -spiders , the Elemental room is back into freeform as combat is over

ColonelFuster
2008-08-27, 10:14 AM
Galad lifts his hammer off of the cold floor and makes a final heave at the spider, throwing the entirety of his weight into it.

attack: [roll0] make that a 20, it's MASTERWORK! Oooo!
damage: [roll1]

Slamexo
2008-08-27, 11:06 AM
Really starting to lose his cool at his inefficiency with dealing with the vermin scum, Jacob once again swung his morningstar heavily for the spider's skull.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage roll [roll1]

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-27, 11:25 AM
Maple steps up to the doorframe and pokes her head in to look around the room. "Look like we're clear..."

The author mistypes, the character misspeaks. Most likely, no one else even notices.

*Snap!*

Startled, Maple looks down to see that she had just stepped on her second arrow, breaking it in two. Figures. She sighs briefly, but doesn't dwell overlong on it.

[Curious... now that commotion on our side has stopped, wouldn't this party be able to hear the hectic combat in the other room? I ask because Maple would immediately turn around to help once she notices such...]

GimliFett
2008-08-28, 11:06 AM
Kiehn

With the elemental finally dispatched, Kiehn starts to head for the basins, when something draws his attention. "Whatthahellwasthat?" he exhales quickly, tilting his head and looking around.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-29, 09:30 AM
Vrryyn takes shoots an arrow from his bow, hoping to take out the final spider

[roll0]---+4 Dexterity, -4 into combat...

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-29, 09:31 AM
$#!T, I forgot to do damage, and I'm not sure if it hits or not... Oh well

[roll0]

tophat
2008-08-29, 09:39 AM
The shot misses by a whisker , galad smashes the face of the spider he is fighting into the floor killing it and jacob manages a glancing blow leaving most of his spiders carapace in ruins .

In defiance the spider bites out once more at Jacob

snap [roll0] fangs [roll1] poison [roll2]

Slamexo
2008-08-29, 10:04 AM
Grrr, another fortitude save for me then:
[roll0]

How did I know I'd fail that? Urgh, 3 strength damage for me then :smallannoyed:

As the spider once again sinks its teeth into Jacob's legs again, he feels the poison take effect on his bloodstream as his muscles seem to lose energy. He swings once morningstar wildly once more, uncontrolled rage backing up the blow in place of strength.

Attack roll [roll1]
Damage roll [roll2]

Take one off those rolls for the strength reduction, but yay critical!

Slamexo
2008-08-29, 10:06 AM
Critical confirm [roll0]
Damage roll [roll1]

tophat
2008-08-29, 10:36 AM
Jacob in his furious anger smashes the spider into a messy greenyblue black pulp . Gore spurts all over the place .

All of the spiders are dead .

(that last spider only had 1hp left , also i understand in 3.5 it just doubles/triples the damage rather than adding a dice on )

Slamexo
2008-08-29, 11:27 AM
Actually in the player's handbook it says you roll twice (or more for higher crit ratings) as if you'd hit twice or such, but hey, it's your game and you can decide how crits go.

Also, I'm just gonna make that secondary fort save now (but of course not actually have anything happen for a minute if I fail :smallyuk:)
[roll0] Heh, another tie but thankfully pass.

Breathing heavily after crushing the last spider into the floor, Jacob wipes down his equipment of the vile creature's remains. He moves towards the door on the other side of the room, but stumbles on his leg, it being weakened by the spider's venom.

"Damn things, I think they were poisonous too."

Jacob tries to get up, but his leg collapses on him and he gracelessly tumbles back onto his hands and knees.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-08-29, 07:40 PM
Vrryyn looks down at Jacob and helps him to his feet.

Hmm... are you alright Jacob? You seem very weak and frail. This indeed looks like the work of poison. We must get you some help!

ColonelFuster
2008-08-29, 10:36 PM
"And me without an anti-toxin," Galad said, cleansing his new hammer with a large rag. "Bad luck, friend."

Slamexo
2008-08-30, 04:38 AM
Giving Vrryyn a thankful nod for the help, Jacob steps off onto his own support and manages to keep his balance.

"Thanks, but it's not that bad a venom, I should be able to walk on my own for now."

Not willing to let battle wounds slow down the party, Jacob moves over to the door on the other side of the room and tries it.

tophat
2008-08-30, 05:36 AM
So apart from some fine strands of a strange black webbing in the room there is a door at the far end , there dosent appear to be much more in the room

Slamexo
2008-08-30, 01:00 PM
So is the door locked or trapped or anything?

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-08-30, 03:14 PM
Maple, in a rare moment of obliviousness, proceeds into the room unaware of the other team's spider troubles. This would turn out not to be a huge deal, as they quickly end up emerging victorious on their own, but she'll still be kicking herself over it when she finds out what happened later.

For now, though, she's just happy to observe that her current party is unharmed.

Seeming to recall talk of places like this being trapped, Maple takes care to watch her step, not to mention the rest of her surroundings, as she ascends the huge stairs.
[roll0], +9 for spot, or +5 for search, whichever becomes relevant first.

Also, now that she's taking the time to notice,what are the circle things on either side of the room? Columns?

tophat
2008-08-31, 05:33 AM
Jacob finds the door to be locked .

As Maple ascends to the next stair in the briefest of moments the air coalesceses into an almost visible form , it seems to be a being made of air , and it quickly takes a disliking to you .

Inititive

Air Elemental[roll0] +7=14
Aresk[roll1]
Maple[roll2]
Kiehn[roll3]
liku[roll4]

add your mods :p

Slamexo
2008-08-31, 06:11 AM
After trying the door and finding it not budging, Jacob turns around to the others:

"It's locked, and unless one of you two knows how to pick a lock we're not getting through here anytime soon."

Turning around to check the door again, Jacob decides to give it a quick push to see if he can force it open.

Strength check! [roll0]

tophat
2008-08-31, 10:58 AM
the door wont budge

ColonelFuster
2008-08-31, 04:18 PM
Galad sweeps the spiderwebs off of the door and blows away the dust of time, trying to read into it for any insignias.

tophat
2008-09-01, 02:27 AM
The door looks fairly sold , has a lock and is locked , it has no markings of interest on it

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-09-01, 09:43 PM
[Blug, just went back and read about the scenery. Sorry about the temprorary dumbness...]

Maple recoils in surprise as the elemental spirit suddenly appears right in front of her. Unfortunately, the being would likely be smashing her face in by the time she could consider things any further.

[initiative gets +3, so she goes on count 10]

Fan
2008-09-02, 01:15 AM
(Aresk goes on count 12.)
Aresk having still had his blade out, decided he DID in fact have a spell for this being.

GimliFett
2008-09-02, 05:26 PM
Kiehn; Init: +4 for 14.

A puzzled look crosses the dwarf's face. "Again?" he sighs and moves up to help Maple, thrusting his rapier at the creature.

[roll0]
[roll1]
EDIT: The Die Roller has it in for me today... :smallannoyed:

ColonelFuster
2008-09-02, 05:53 PM
Galad looks at his group, and then says, "If they don't answer this time, we'll turn around and get the rest of the group," knocking sharply on the door.

tophat
2008-09-03, 03:31 AM
The air elemental makes a short move forward towards maple and swings

smash[roll0]
pow [roll1]

Meanwhile there is no response from the door in the other room

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-03, 03:00 PM
Vrryyn turns around and starts walking back towards the door

Alright then. Seeing as there is no response from the other side of this door, and we have no means to open it. I say we head back and see how the other members are doing.

ColonelFuster
2008-09-03, 03:13 PM
"Agreed, friend." Galad leads the way back to the room, smiling at his horse that looked so entirely out of place there.

Slamexo
2008-09-03, 05:57 PM
Turning his head around to the others again, Jacob responded but stayed put.

"You guys go see how many of 'em are still alive, I'm going to stay here and try to get this door open. Oh and Galad, take this with you if you'd be so kind."

Reaching into his pouch, Jacob pulls out a long slender red gem and tosses it to Galad

"Try not to lose that if you don't mind, it's not easy to replace"

Turning his attention back to the door, Jacob decided to spend a little extra time in pushing the door open with sheer strength, not being a master of lock picking himself.

Taking 20, which means I'll be here for five minutes :smallbiggrin:
Essentially though it adds up to a 21, which I hope is enough to open it! But at least I know what's going on thanks to the psicrystal!

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-04, 03:31 PM
I think that's stupid:smalltongue: It's not hard to pick a lock! Heck I once picked my front foor:smallamused:

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-04, 09:21 PM
Of course, we need the little skill monkey!!!

ColonelFuster
2008-09-05, 02:56 PM
As they continue walking, Galad makes a listen check.
[roll0]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-05, 11:03 PM
Yea, Vrryyn makes one as well to see if he can hear the commotion in the other room.
Listen-[roll0]

Slamexo
2008-09-06, 05:30 AM
Jacob's psicrystal in Galad's possession also tries to hear the commotion, but only out of interest to know if some people are getting hurt.

[roll0]

Ah, naturally the biggest bonus gets a 1 :smallannoyed:

tophat
2008-09-06, 11:17 AM
Yea, Vrryyn makes one as well to see if he can hear the commotion in the other room.
Listen-[roll0]

Vrryyn can hear the sounds of fighting up ahead

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-06, 05:37 PM
Vrryyn starts with a run, most likely startling the paladin. He yells back to them

Sir Galad! Follow me quickly the others are in trouble! I can hear the sounds of combat now! Jacob, come quickly!

ColonelFuster
2008-09-06, 06:14 PM
Galad starts running towards combat as well.
Would an initiative be in order? [roll0]

Slamexo
2008-09-07, 04:22 AM
"Hey Jacob, that snotty wizard guy says there's some fighting going on. I'd tell you to come, but a coward like yourself I wouldn't expect to join the fray!"

Obnoxious as his psicrystal was whilst talking to him telepathically, he did have a point. However, if Galad and Vrynn were both going to be there, then they could probably handle whatever it was without him. As such, he remained at the door, still pushing away at it.

tophat
2008-09-09, 06:18 AM
(Aresk goes on count 12.)
Aresk having still had his blade out, decided he DID in fact have a spell for this being.

Gonna tell us what it is or shall we all just guess

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-09-09, 04:46 PM
"Um..."

That's all that Maple manages to say to the elemental before it attacks. Now, that's not necessarily as horrible as it sounds. Unlike their flaming counterparts, air elementals aren't so much dangerous as they are subtle and swift, like the classical element they embody. This helps explain why she didn't move to attack the thing immediately; in her mind, the air spirits aren't something that you worry too much about meeting.

Regardless, she's not too happy with this thing now.

"AAA! Pfft! Ow!"

It was rather like getting slapped across the face by somebody wearing gloves made of sandpaper. It won't kill you, but it still stings like anything. She steps backwards to adjust her stance, stumbles a bit as her feet encounter one of the stairs, and proceeds to grab hold of her Homemade Club of Face-smashing, fully intending to turn it on the elemental.

I think there's a fun little rule that lets you draw a weapon as part of a move action if your BA is +1 or better. Another fun little rule says that you can move and attack in the same round. So, theoretically, she can stumble out of attack-of-opportunity range, dramatically spin around as she pulls out her club, then jump back in and beat away. I'm sure there's a reason this won't work, hence the lack of an attack roll, but the pont is, she's not going to hang out next to the source of the pain while she draws her weapon, so the story bit holds regardless. If she can attack, Top can roll the things. She'll be holding the stick with both hands for the swing.

tophat
2008-09-14, 05:26 AM
pretty sure you can only make your 5 foot step if you take no other move action in the turn , but theres nothing stopping you drawing your weapon and attacking

maple swing [roll0]

I think aresk is casting that flame spell [roll1]

tophat
2008-09-14, 05:28 AM
damage for the fscorcher

[roll0]

tophat
2008-09-14, 05:30 AM
Liku also makes a swing for the elemental

[roll0] [roll1]

tophat
2008-09-14, 05:34 AM
Those coming back from the other room , should be about ready to act next round .

new round begins

air elemental attacks maple again

[roll0] [roll1]

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-09-20, 02:12 PM
[Ah, jeez... Sorry about the wait.]

"Ooof!"

The sharp blast again does barely anything to hurt the elf, but she can just feel the internal bleeding it's going to cause. If this kept up for too long, she'd be a goner just the same.

The elementals were probably summoned by the same people who had led them to this place...

[Another 2-handed swing.

[roll0] + 2 to hit

[roll1] + 3 for damage]