PDA

View Full Version : Character Help Needed (What to take for a 13th level)

togapika
2008-08-11, 12:25 PM
Currently playing a character who just hit 13th level and need advice on a level to take for him. The campaign world is pure psionic and includes no magic. My current build is Human Commoner2/Soulknife 3/ Soulbow 4/ Illumine Soul 3.
Commoner in this case is the "non-psionic" fighter guy with d10hd feats like a fighter but with the ability to take abilities from UA.
Current feats include Weapon Focus (Mind Blade), Point Blank Shot, Mind Cleave, Mind Empowerment, Track, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Urban Tracking, Improved Initiative, and Strong Mind.
He also has far shot from the psionic version of the horizon goggles (Complete Mage)
I really don't feel another level of Illumine Soul or Soulbow would really make him that much better or interesting.
Points of Note: He has high ranks in Autohypnosis, Gather Info, Hide, Knowledge Psionics, Listen, Search, Spot, and Survival.
He's LG in case that matters.

Kyeudo
2008-08-11, 12:55 PM
Your problem is that you are a Soulknife. There are only 2 PrCs worth taking for Soulknife, and that's Illumine Soul and Soulbow. Taking anything else just kills your mind blade progression, leaving you with a host of worthless class features.

Leon
2008-08-11, 07:19 PM
I don't know what the PrCs are like in regard to abilities but im guess that there is a dead level next up in both of them and you want out to a new thing?
Solution as Kyeudo mentioned is that you don't want to stop your Mind Blade advancement so keep on with one of the 3 related classes regardless of if there is a "dead Level" or not

I really don't feel another level of Illumine Soul or Soulbow would really make him that much better or interesting.

Well if thats the case then Don't - however im not going to suggest you take XYZ unless i have some idea of what the Character is like and a set of skills doesn't help in that regard, what has he/she done to make them follow this path till now, why would they stop following a chosen discipline so suddenly...

playswithfire
2008-08-11, 07:52 PM
I thought Kensai also worked well for soulknives, but you're missing Combat Expertise