PDA

View Full Version : [4E] A Handful of Level 1 Homebrew MoBs

Wikkin
2008-08-11, 01:22 PM
Hi guys,

I saved a PDF file containing some of my level 1 encounter MoBs for my PC's. I would like some feedback because the defenses seem a little off, and this will be my first 4th edition game. The DMG and the MM don't really follow their own rules, and when I used their guide for creating monsters, I wound up with some wildly under/overpowered stats. So, some feedback on the challenge level of the creatures presented would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, they're heavily fire-based, as a cult that worships fire. The human wizard in particular seemed really weak compared to the tiefling wizard, so I gave the human a fiery cage ability that I came up with.

http://www.wikkin.com/dnd/Dnd_CustomMob.pdf
The PDF is about 22kb and may change more depending on how much time I have to work on it more today. :)

Thanks for any help!

Mercenary Pen
2008-08-11, 05:39 PM
Good selection of flavourful abilities, but you've gone a bit heavy on the artillery monsters IMO...

Also, you might want a selection of monsters that are either weaker or stronger than those, so give yourself at least one variety of minion, and start working on flavourful Lv2 and Lv3 foes...

Lurkers and Brutes in particular might be useful to you, for example, creatures that can hide in existing flames for example.

Maybe throw in a Magma Claw from the monster manual as part of one encounter?