PDA

View Full Version : Belkar Fridge Magnet

supachim
2008-08-11, 03:45 PM
In response to being able to receive the Elan Fridge Magnet for pre-ordering the new book, are there any plans for bringing back the matching Belkar Fridge Magnet for late-comers or people who have lost them? I'm just curious because if they're matching, then I'd like to have the entire set as they come out. Thanks!

The Giant
2008-08-11, 03:59 PM
Only if we happen to find an unopened box of them. Which is possible, but don't hold your breath.

The magnets are expensive to produce unless we're printing thousands, which I don't want to do. The idea behind the magnets (and the buttons we used to sell at cons) is that they are rare pieces of OOTS memorabilia that are only available for a short time or under specific circumstances. I'd rather not betray the many fans who stood on line for hours (literally) at GenCon 2006 for that Belkar magnet by printing a few more thousand of them and selling them online.

TigerHunter
2008-08-11, 05:16 PM
Just felt like commenting that the magnet was what finally convinced me to buy the book. >.<

ref
2008-08-11, 07:14 PM
But Rich, what about the fans that are in the wrong continent to begin with?

Jayabalard
2008-08-11, 08:36 PM
keep checking ebay, perhaps you'll find one for sale.

SoC175
2008-08-13, 09:41 AM
under specific circumstances.
Is there any hope thate there might be some rare pieces of OOTS memorabilia avaible under circumstances that do not favor US residents? Getting to GenCon from europe is a lot more expensive :smallsigh:

only1doug
2008-08-13, 10:16 AM
Is there any hope thate there might be some rare pieces of OOTS memorabilia avaible under circumstances that do not favor US residents? Getting to GenCon from europe is a lot more expensive :smallsigh:

you can get one by pre-ordering the book.... oh wait you didn't want to pay more than a US resident? sorry out of luck (not Rich's fault really, it would cost him considerably more to offer such items to non-US residents and vastly more to make a truly globally equal opportunity)

so sadly (for me at least, being as i live in the UK) Non US residents will have to pay more for our shipping* if we preorder the book to get hold of the Fridge magnet.

(*pay more than waiting for a store to bulk order and thus avoid the shipping fees, i'm not trying to imply the shipping cost of a pre-order delivery shipped internationally from the US would be significantly more expensive than a regular order deliver shipped internationally from the US)

SoC175
2008-08-13, 05:01 PM
you can get one by pre-ordering the book....
Perordering by personaly appearing at gen con which is an intercontinetal flight away.

so sadly (for me at least, being as i live in the UK) Non US residents will have to pay more for our shipping* if we preorder the book to get hold of the Fridge magnet.
$10 extra for shipping to europe are negligible. €800 for a flight to Gen Con isn't

Porthos
2008-08-13, 05:17 PM
Perordering by personaly appearing at gen con which is an intercontinetal flight away.

If you pre-order the book from APE Games by tonight, you get a free magnet.

That's how I got mine. :smallsmile:

"But wait," I hear some of you say, because I have excellent hearing,"I pre-ordered the book from APE Games when I could have bought it at the convention, and now I don't get a magnet!" And that is why every customer who has pre-ordered War and XPs from APE Games since it went on sale July 17, 2008, will get a free magnet, too. Note that this offer is exclusive to APE Games' web store; if you pre-ordered the book from any other retailer, you won't get a magnet. However, the offer from APE is still open until midnight (Central Time) on August 13, 2008. Pre-order from APE between now and the night before GenCon, and Elan's thoughts on rule revisions and ice cream can adorn your kitchen.

You have (checks watch) approximately six and a half more hours to order via APE Games as of this posting.:smallcool:

SoC175
2008-08-13, 05:21 PM
If you pre-order the book from APE Games by tonight, you get a free magnet.
Really? The sentence "This will be a free gift (while supplies last) with the purchase of every copy of War and XPs from the APE Games booth at this year's GenCon Indy." made me believe you need to buy it at Gen Con, if it also works for postal orders that's great news. Thank you very much

Damn, I should really continue to read the full announcements instead of only reading up to the part I dislike :smallbiggrin:

Porthos
2008-08-13, 05:29 PM
if it also works for postal orders that's great news. Thank you very much

Directly from APE Games Website:

http://www.apegames.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT

IMPORTANT SHIPPING NOTICE: We'll be packing up on Tuesday, so the last day that we're shipping orders out before the show is Monday. This means that orders placed after Sunday night will not be processed until after GenCon. Note that even though we won't be here, War and XP's pre-orders that come in while we're gone will still be eligible for the Elan magnet (until the midnight (Central time) deadline on the 13th).

Glad to be of help. :smallsmile:

Damn, I should really continue to read the full announcements instead of only reading up to the part I dislike :smallbiggrin:

Always a wise strategy. :smalltongue: