PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity: Playgrounders in Utah

Prophaniti
2008-08-11, 05:50 PM
Hi, everyone. Seeing all the meetup threads for UK or California and so forth got me wondering: Are there any playgrounders that even live anywhere near me? So, that's all this thread is asking. Just an idle curiosity to lighten the tedium at my job.

I live in northern Utah, Cache valley, if anyone is familiar with it. Anyone live in Utah also, or in southern Idaho?

Nibleswick
2008-08-11, 06:26 PM
Well I'm in Salt Lake, but not for long. Then there is SweetRein and MidnightSun in the valley, aside from that there a bunch spread out across the state.

zeratul
2008-08-11, 06:29 PM
I'd check the "Where in the playground are you?" thread. they have like a log of where different playgrounders live.

Prophaniti
2008-08-11, 07:51 PM
Oh, yeah... I think I actually posted in that one a long time ago. Forgot about it.

Felixaar
2008-08-11, 09:03 PM
I'll be in SLC for like, two days. That count?

PhoeKun
2008-08-11, 09:09 PM
Give me a week, and I'll be in Salt Lake, the Land of Blue Catgirls.

To say I am happy about this would be to call the ocean a little wet. :smallbiggrin:

Midnight Son
2008-08-12, 12:15 AM
Give me a week, and I'll be in Salt Lake, the Land of Blue Catgirls.

To say I am happy about this would be to call the ocean a little wet. :smallbiggrin:Dry humour, eh?

Yes... I live in Murray. I'm always up for any get togethers, shindigs, rallies or hootenannies.

might be a good idea with Felixaar coming into town. We could meet at a nice, parent friendly location for any who might be worried about it. I'd suggest Hastur's Hobbies, on 6800 S State, or maybe a Pier 49 for some tastylicious Pizza.

Zeb The Troll
2008-08-12, 12:50 AM
I swear, MS, the way you keep going on about this Pier 49 place, I'm going to have to have you mail me some, or something. That link you provided in that other thread assures me that there isn't one anywhere near me. :smallannoyed: How dare they.

:smallcool:

Midnight Son
2008-08-12, 10:06 AM
I swear, MS, the way you keep going on about this Pier 49 place, I'm going to have to have you mail me some, or something. That link you provided in that other thread assures me that there isn't one anywhere near me. :smallannoyed: How dare they.

:smallcool:Hmmm, perhaps i should have a discussion with them about opening one in the DC area. :smallbiggrin:

Nibleswick
2008-08-12, 12:34 PM
Hasture's hobbies would be good for me, as long as it's within a week, come Wednesday I'm skedaddling. It would be nice to y'all though.

SDF
2008-08-12, 01:21 PM
If ya'll be wanting a meeting, I'm always up for a 5 hour drive... less if I disobey the traffic laws. :smalltongue: Depends on my tentative schedule though.

Felixaar
2008-08-12, 01:46 PM
I suggest a pizza night on the night of the Nineteenth. Seeing as it's the only night I'll be in town for.

Prophaniti
2008-08-12, 08:58 PM
Hmm, I'm not down to Murray very often. My wife's parents live in Clinton, that's the closest I get, with the exception of the occasional forray to a SLC restaurant or mall. If I had a working car currently, I'd totally be up for it, but alas, unless people want to drive all the way up to cache valley, I'll have to sit any meetings out for a while.

RationalGoblin
2008-08-12, 10:08 PM
West Jordan for me. I've been to Hasturs a few times. Well, it was over a year ago, but still...

Reinboom
2008-08-12, 10:25 PM
I'm in SLC as well, and oh so can't wait til this is the land of beautiful... well, it'd be hard to say land of beautiful everythings. Except the city, the city doesn't count. Ick, boring city. :smalltongue:
(And work at Hastur's Hobbies)

Nibleswick
2008-08-13, 01:06 PM
Well, in spite of my hopes, I probably won't be ably to come no mater what I do. I'm just going to be to busy getting to leave. But still, y'all have my best wishes.

Edan
2008-08-15, 03:04 PM
Well I do live in Murray, but I was supposed to be in Spain right now for a certain "two year long trip" that so many of us here decide to make. However, I went up and tore my ACL so I am going to be hanging around here for a few weeks.

Midnight Son
2008-08-15, 04:11 PM
Well I do live in Murray, but I was supposed to be in Spain right now for a certain "two year long trip" that so many of us here decide to make. However, I went up and tore my ACL so I am going to be hanging around here for a few weeks.Sorry to hear that. Enjoy it when you get better.

As for this meet-up. I'm thinking that anyone who wants to get together with Felix on the 19th, the one day he's in town, should come to the Pier 49 on 53rd and State(right near the Best Buy). Don't know what time yet, but there you go.

Player_Zero
2008-08-15, 04:14 PM
I'd check the "Where in the playground are you?" thread. they have like a log of where different playgrounders live.

That thread hasn't been updated in about a year.

Volug
2008-08-15, 07:35 PM
((Messed up on last post))

I live in northern Utah, Cache valley, if anyone is familiar with it.

*sigh*

Never thought I'd say it, but yeah, I live there (Cache Valley)>_>

As I said in my deleted post, good luck getting an address. For some reason I'm a tad embarrassed, and it's akward.

Yes, it is indeed Happy Valley, I love it.

Midnight Son
2008-08-15, 10:33 PM
Well come on down to Salt Lake for an evening. If you feel like staying the night, you're more than welcome, though I can only offer floorspace. I attend the Cottonwood 17th Ward, for any of you who have parental issues that need some form of reassurance. (most of you will not understand that last bit, but for many parents in Utah, it can be helpful)

D_Lord
2008-08-16, 01:13 AM
Orem is where my house is.

Midnight Son
2008-08-19, 12:30 PM
Felixaar arrived last night after quite the train ride. The idea is to go get Pizza tonight at the Pier 49 on 5300 S State, in SLC. I'm thinking that we'll be there about 7:00. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome. Otherwise, we shall eat all the tasty pizza and not leave any for you.

Edan
2008-08-19, 07:04 PM
Felixaar arrived last night after quite the train ride. The idea is to go get Pizza tonight at the Pier 49 on 5300 S State, in SLC. I'm thinking that we'll be there about 7:00. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome. Otherwise, we shall eat all the tasty pizza and not leave any for you.

Darn, I got stuck house sitting out past Tooele for a couple of days so I am going to miss this one. They do have good pizza tho, enjoy.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-19, 07:13 PM
Yes, it is indeed Happy Valley, I love it.
*snickers*
*tries to stop*

Sorry, we all have our things....

Volug
2008-08-19, 07:18 PM
*snickers*
*tries to stop*

Sorry, we all have our things....

Am I the only person in the world that can read a simple sentence and not think of something sick? >_>

Semidi
2008-08-19, 07:32 PM
I live in Salt Lake City (returning tomorrow), I like it, but I agree with the assessment that it's a bit boring. I'd consider going to a meet-up or something to that nature.

PhoeKun
2008-08-19, 07:45 PM
Getting closer...

*reaches her arm out*

Closer...

*grabs a stick and holds it out*

Almost...there... *falls over*

Tomorrow. I'll be in Salt Lake tomorrow. Sorry to miss all the Felixaar related fun, especially since we were both headed to the same place, from the same place. Yay, GenCon. *flails weakly, collapses from exhaustion*

Volug
2008-08-19, 07:49 PM
I would say come up North...

But all we got is a pioneer place as well as a celebration center, which is like a mini-amusement park.

Though we do have great camping sites, I live a half mile from a canyon which has a lot of good ones.

Nibleswick
2008-08-19, 11:03 PM
Well I do live in Murray, but I was supposed to be in Spain right now for a certain "two year long trip" that so many of us here decide to make. However, I went up and tore my ACL so I am going to be hanging around here for a few weeks.

Man, that's rough, get better fast, and get out there even faster.

I go into the MTC in about sixteen hours, so this is almost my last post. I love you all, and I wish that I could have met more of ya.