PDA

View Full Version : A simple idea (PEACH)

bibliophile
2008-08-11, 07:04 PM
"Its as true today as when I started adventuring: when in doubt, set something on fire"
-Belkar Bitterleaf

As we all know, setting things on fire from a distance is pretty cool, but very expensive for low level non casters. To their aid I present a few facts.

-splash weapons require no weapon proficiency
-Oil (1-pint flask):1 sp,
-Alchemist’s fire (flask):20 gp
-You can use a flask of oil as a splash weapon.
-USE THE RULES FOR ALCHEMIST FIRE, except that it takes a full round action to prepare a flask with a fuse. Once it is thrown, there is a 50% chance of the flask igniting successfully.

If you carefully prepare the fuse ahead of time and light it with a torch, I think most DMs will get rid of the 50% and change it to a swift action.

Thoughts, anyone?

CASTLEMIKE
2008-08-11, 07:06 PM
Shrink Item for Burning Pools of Oil. (In lead lined holders)

RTGoodman
2008-08-11, 07:12 PM
If you carefully prepare the fuse ahead of time and light it with a torch, I think most DMs will get rid of the 50% and change it to a swift action.

Thoughts, anyone?

First, I don't think a swift action is appropriate. Why wouldn't it be a standard action like any other splash weapon since you've got to both light it, take aim, and throw it? Also, I don't know about removing the 50% chance of failure, either - that would be the only balancing factor between oil and alchemist's fire. (If you're getting rid of the latter, though, I guess it's fine.)