PDA

View Full Version : Obsessions in the Playground

InABanana
2008-08-12, 01:22 AM
I just thought this was a good idea. Also i am sitting here looking up cars. I like these Maserati's, Tesla's, Lotus's, Ferrari's, McLaren's, Vector's, Lambo's and so many others. What are your obsessions?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-12, 01:33 AM
The Joker (Heath Ledger, the nineties cartoon version, really, any depiction), Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, the Shipping itP thread, undead (vampires, however, take the forefront here)... and GitP.
Mmm. I have an addictive personality.

Ganurath
2008-08-12, 01:39 AM
I collect root beer bottles and the plastic punchouts from the handles of milk gallons. I always get the exact same thing for dinner after work (Number One, only ketchup, Coke Icee to drink, 5.56, always pay in exact change,) I sort the glasses by height when I empty the dishwasher, I can only mow the lawn by walking in circles, and I never answer calls from outside our area code. Finally, I cannot be optimistic about the world so long as Keanu Reeves has a successful acting career and people still watch Survivor.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-12, 01:43 AM
People still watch Survivor? :smalleek:
Also, to add to my list, I'm incredibly obsessed with unrequited romance and making sure my body spray bottle are in alphabetical order.
But JUST my body spray.

Edit: OH! And men's hips.

Crow
2008-08-12, 01:44 AM
I can't stop working out for more than 1 week at a time...and I'll cheat and work out during that week sometimes. I can't stand dust on the iron sights of my rifle (though it doesn't bother me on the Eotech), or on my pistol sights. I love baseball...I can't not check scores each day, even with teams I don't care about. If I hear a baseball game on the radio, I will listen to it no matter who is playing.

InABanana
2008-08-12, 01:47 AM
Oh yeah, Coke too. I got a six pack of Coke that is 11 year's old.

Admiral_Kelly
2008-08-12, 01:50 AM
Writing, trivia, online roleplaying, thought, webcomics, Ultima Java (http://www.ultima-java.com/), nostalgia, forums, conversation, TVtropes, setting the record strait (to a point), and (regrettably) my ego.

Bitzeralisis
2008-08-12, 02:17 AM
Everything inapplicable to life. :smallbiggrin:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-08-12, 02:18 AM
People still watch Survivor? :smalleek:
Also, to add to my list, I'm incredibly obsessed with unrequited romance and making sure my body spray bottle are in alphabetical order.
But JUST my body spray.

Edit: OH! And men's hips.

I'll obsess over your hips if you obsess over mine. :smallwink:

As for my personal obsessions? Cheesy romance. And spending time with loved ones. And physical affection. >.>

Powerslave44
2008-08-12, 02:24 AM
Sorting, organizing, and polishing are all pretty high up there. Labeling is a fun one too.

Castaras
2008-08-12, 04:18 AM
Computers, doodling, collecting.

I get serious collecting bugs. Especially with the little adoptable sites.

Erothayce
2008-08-12, 04:21 AM
Reading, riding my fixed gear, this website, other comics and websites, my gf, my friends. I think I may have a problem.

randman22222
2008-08-12, 04:23 AM
Obsessions...

Ethics, morality, good, all my obsessions are philosophic in nature... Oh not quite true. I obsess over Sting.

Victor Thorian
2008-08-12, 04:27 AM
Loyalty.

oh and Imperium of Man.

Hoggy
2008-08-12, 04:31 AM
Obsessions. Hmm. Yeah.

Hayley Williams, Cristina Scabbia, Jakki Degg, Misa Campo. They're good obsessions.

Going to uni. It will happen, can't stop thinking about it. Results are close. Squee.

My car, I luffles it muchly.

Klose_the_Sith
2008-08-12, 04:31 AM
Gotta play Bass, gotta talk on MSN, gotta keep doing stuff OR I WILL EXPLODE!

Calamity
2008-08-12, 04:33 AM
I think I listen to Paramore to the point of obsession....

Also, being here to the point of obsession! :smallbiggrin:

Ilena
2008-08-12, 06:12 AM
Myself, definately horses

Leigh
2008-08-12, 06:20 AM
Oooh, obsessing is fun!!
I for one obsess over cupcakes, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, Lord of the Rings, Artemis Fowl, My Chemical Romance, Harry Potter, and...generally many different other things. Heh. :smallbiggrin:

Agamid
2008-08-12, 07:28 AM
lizards. tattoos. op-shopping. my hair.

Jibar
2008-08-12, 08:24 AM
*Looks at the fifteen clocks in his room*
Nope. Nothing here.

Oh, I do have this weird thing with MacGuyver. I've never really watched the show, but whenever I need to answer a question the name MacGuyver is the first thing that comes into my mind. I will also talk about him a lot, and will often talk about how great he is.
I don't particularly want to watch the show now though, because I've bigged it up too much. The actual thing would be kind of a dissapointment.

Mercenary Pen
2008-08-12, 08:55 AM
Star Wars, the new version of Battlestar Galactica, Neverwinter Nights, lots of different fantasy authors... I tend to be a bit of dabbler in many different things, but I tend to obsess over them whilst I'm going through that sort of phase...

Mr. Mud
2008-08-12, 08:57 AM
Definately the Marine Corps :smallbiggrin:. Like, Its not even obsession, I just don't work towards anything else... And Metallica. Marines and Metallica. M&M. Ouuu, M&M's are good, so I guess I...

[/rant]

ForzaFiori
2008-08-12, 09:33 AM
Music. I can't go 10 minutes without listening to it (this includes sleep. I wake up if it gets turned off.)

I keep all of my non-computer video games in alphabetical order, but nothing else for some reason.

I check the clock and my phone for messages/missed calls every 10 or 15 minutes.

Felixaar
2008-08-12, 02:23 PM
Sword Fighting.

SurlySeraph
2008-08-12, 02:45 PM
Let's see... TV Tropes, current events, politics (except when I get burned out on it), implausible and/or extremely impractical weapons, RPGs in general, having lots of general knowledge, and organized violence in general.

valadil
2008-08-12, 02:47 PM
Collecting. Objects need to belong to a set and that set must be complete. This was especially dangerous when I was an active magic player. Now it's mostly just mp3s. I don't have to put everything into a complete set mind you, just whatever is being collected at the moment.

Fidgeting. My hands need to be doing something at all times. I only recently became aware of this when I've tried to cut back on eating junk food. I find myself a lot hungrier if my hands are free to eat, but if I have something to occupy them then I don't need junk. Lately I've been trying to collect small toys I can set my fingers to that don't require any actual attention. I brought this up as well in a thread about D&D players leaving the table when they're distracted and suggested some stuff that could keep hyper players from getting distracted. Lately I've been using lockpicks/lock and a rubik's cube. I'm tempted to also try knot tying or knitting.

Agamid
2008-08-12, 07:38 PM
old things. and i mean objects, like books, jewelery, clothing, furniture, pieces of technology - like gameboy colour and its games, or N64s (SNES even) - photographs, postcards (especially if they're written on), cameras, old exposed and undeveloped films, newspapers, magazines... the list goes on...
I love old houses too, but thus far i'm yet to collect any.

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-12, 07:44 PM
I like some old stuff..

Mostly it's warhammer (both varieties) the internet (mostly this forum and webcomics) and collecting useless things, be they bits of information or a pile of soda bottles. I never throw much of anything out.

Oh, and undead. All of the undead. but mostly liches.

Lupy
2008-08-12, 07:57 PM
The Town. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32) :smallbiggrin:

Collin152
2008-08-12, 08:02 PM
The Mikado, HMS Pinafore...

And at least 12 things that don't have names.

nothingclever
2008-08-12, 09:15 PM
I have an obsession with what I consider good music by female Japanese singers.

Haruki-kun
2008-08-12, 09:32 PM
I'm obsessed with this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/) website. :smalltongue:

Also... Coca-Cola and .... *thinks*

The urge to exercise and be healthy fighting the urge to be lazy and do nothing.

@V: Indeed it is. :smallsigh:

Crow
2008-08-12, 09:35 PM
The urge to exercise and be healthy fighting the urge to be lazy and do nothing.

That's a hard one to break.

Collin152
2008-08-12, 09:37 PM
I'm obsessed also, with the idea of men singing Three Little Maids.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-12, 09:59 PM
Ah, I also have an obsession with fresh veggies, to the point that one of my greatest dreams in life is to have a vegetable garden >>

nothingclever
2008-08-12, 10:01 PM
I have an obsession with wanting salads to cease to exist because they suck unless you add a million other better foods to them.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-12, 10:06 PM
I have an obsession with wanting salads to cease to exist because they suck unless you add a million other better foods to them.
Salads make anything better.
So long as there are kalamara olives, tomatoes, onions, and light cheese somewhere on it.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-08-12, 10:22 PM
Salads make anything better.
So long as there are kalamara olives, tomatoes, onions, and light cheese somewhere on it.

Rabbit salad taste is AMAZING. That is all.

*noms rabbitfuds* ^_^

Jae
2008-08-12, 11:49 PM
I def. have an unhealthy obsession with James Nachtwey, Alice in Wonderland, African current events, psych studies, etcetc.

y'know, all the really wierd random stuff :smallsmile:

Zarrexaij
2008-08-13, 12:11 AM
Dragons. I have a bunch of dragon-related things in my dorm (a dragon Beanie Baby, a dragon statuette, a dragon thingy with fire that lights up, DnD books, Dragonriders of Pern books, et cetera). My campaign has lots of dragons in it- as allies, or just neutral parties. I love drawing dragons. I think riding on a dragon's back would be fun. So, yeah, it's fairly safe to say I'm obsessed with dragons. They're just so cool to me, especially since I also like dinosaurs. They're like winged dinosaurs that breathe fire and are more intelligent than MENSA members.

Kneenibble
2008-08-13, 12:25 AM
Ah, I also have an obsession with fresh veggies, to the point that one of my greatest dreams in life is to have a vegetable garden >>

This is an accessible dream, noble lady! May your earth be black and rich as crumbled chocolate cake.

My obsession is tea.
Tea, tea, all kinds of tea. Black, white, Puerto Rican, Chinese tea.

Energy equals mass times caffeine, squared.

If you do this thing for me now, I will give you a tea that will turn your hair as gold as the sun.

If you do this thing for me now, I will give you a tea that will make your spirit mighty again.

If you drink enough tea and stay up long enough, you will see the Machine Elves.

The man who can enjoy a tizane of wormwood is the man who will share my bed and the high pleasures of my flesh.

I contend:
Silver Needle tea is delicious and expensive; but not delicious because it is expensive.

Wood panelling or Henrik Ibsen?

Addendum.
Oh, and Beethoven. The magnificent bastard.

Pyrian
2008-08-13, 01:29 AM
So, yeah, it's fairly safe to say I'm obsessed with dragons.I'm obsessed with dragons, too. I can't even remember all the dragon artwork, statuettes, and puppets(!) I have. One big difference, though: by and large, my dragons eat people. :smallamused: (Except Dragonrider. :smallbiggrin: )

randman22222
2008-08-13, 03:51 AM
I forgot an obsession.

Stingrays. They're the only exception I have to my sea-life-phobia. Hell, I even swim away from shrimp when I see them. FAST.
Eee... Creepy things... All translucent and whatnot.

But yeah, stingrays are awesome.

Arioch
2008-08-13, 04:34 AM
Azula and her sheer awesome evil awesomeness of evil awesome...evil.

Grammar and syntax outside of chatspeak.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-13, 10:46 AM
Oh, dears gods, I forgot Labyrinth, David Bowie, The Beatles, and Beluga whales.

I obsess over a great many things.

Durp
2008-08-13, 12:36 PM
animals, guitar, and swords.

david bowie is awesome

Moff Chumley
2008-08-13, 12:40 PM
Music. Music. Music. Music.

Pyrian
2008-08-13, 01:44 PM
Stingrays. They're the only exception I have to my sea-life-phobia....Didn't a stingray kill Steve Irwin? I mean, "dangerous animal he was too close to kills Crocodile Hunter on camera" may have been the least surprising headline ever, but still.

randman22222
2008-08-13, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I know. *Shrugs.*

BanjoTheClown
2008-08-15, 01:31 PM
Im obsessed with happy fun pack cookies.

:smallsmile:

SilentNight
2008-08-15, 01:35 PM
Far too many things. The playground, music, awesome stuff in general

CrazedGoblin
2008-08-15, 02:56 PM
Dragons. I have a bunch of dragon-related things in my dorm (a dragon Beanie Baby, a dragon statuette, a dragon thingy with fire that lights up, DnD books, Dragonriders of Pern books, et cetera). My campaign has lots of dragons in it- as allies, or just neutral parties. I love drawing dragons. I think riding on a dragon's back would be fun. So, yeah, it's fairly safe to say I'm obsessed with dragons. They're just so cool to me, especially since I also like dinosaurs. They're like winged dinosaurs that breathe fire and are more intelligent than MENSA members.

its because they ARE cool hehe:smallbiggrin: