PDA

View Full Version : Advise for webcomic start up

Delanish
2006-10-13, 08:37 PM
Hello i'm going to start building up a webcomic. I'm hoping to start by the end of the month....once i finish a few designs first :)....but the problem i am facing is more prodcedure and approaching it, Such as through photoshop, small techial things, such as Text size labeling and organzation of the page.

and to draw on the computer (With a Tablet) or on my light table...

Casualgamer
2006-10-13, 08:43 PM
Well good luck with that...

What's it going to be about?

Delanish
2006-10-13, 08:47 PM
Well i'm going for a A silmialr midevil fantasy on a pnp world i been working on... the main character is going to be a Dragonchid Named Drake Scaleclaw...

It going to be a drama/comedy, i think it be a good project for me and something to have for portfilio piece :)

ElfLad
2006-10-13, 09:13 PM
Best advice I can give is to have everything planned in advance. It's far too difficult to get into with any effectiveness unless you have a game plan.

Sneak
2006-10-13, 09:21 PM
Maybe I do it the "bad" way, but I would have to disagree with ElfLad on that one.

Inspiration can hit me at any time. Often it happens when I'm in bed. My advice is to keep a notepad by your bed to write down any ideas (and if any come up during the day make sure to right down a note to yourself on any available paper).

Oh, and come up with a unique art style. It makes your comic more interesting.

Delanish
2006-10-13, 09:31 PM
I live with a sketch book in my bag at all times and note book...i do plan ahead... while i work around my collage projects i get it... i'm still looking though for more referance for lizardfolks or kobolds besides what dnd provides in the artistic form ((Muzzles are something i need to work on :)

As well. Photoshop any skills towards it i have photoshop jus have not expierment with it to much...

Delanish
2006-10-14, 04:13 PM
Well i got the writwe up then all it needs is a name od the world... which is not to much rto worry about and procedure once i work out strong character concept and Styles