PDA

View Full Version : Iron Avatarist Suggestion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Sneak
2006-03-25, 01:28 PM
OK, this is...

IRON AVATARIST
The best place for bored avatar artists to look.

Rules: People may post their avatar requests here, whether they actually want to use them as avatars or not. All avatar makers that wish to will try to make the request as well as they possibly can, within a day of the request. After the deadline is up or there are no more avatars within the works, anyone (even the avatarists) can vote on which they think is the best.

Anyone want to start us up with a request?

EDIT: Since we're getting so many requests, I'll turn this into a suggestion thread. A different thread can be for voting and actually posting the avatars.

Drizzt_Fanboy_74
2006-03-25, 01:31 PM
Ooh! Make an avatar of Gordon Freeman!

Lykan
2006-03-25, 01:34 PM
Mith

Equipment: Flaming Katana
Grey Daimyo’s Clothing
Headband

Notable Features: Umm... How about the fact that he’s on fire? Also has yelloy eyes, one of which has a red rune tatooed around it.

Skin: Pitch Black

Hair: Red

Race: Elf

Class: Sorceror 4/ Elemental Savant 10/ Elemental Warrior 2

Pose: Any pose that makes him look happy lighting stuff on fire.

Hawkeye
2006-03-25, 01:45 PM
great. nice easy start then....

Zann
2006-03-25, 01:50 PM
Anyone think they can do a better job at Zann than Chris the Pontifex?

Go on. I dare you.

Black armour, head to foot. Black mask, with diamond
eyeslits. Green cloak, with hood. Belt and shoulder strap. Sword in belt. Green mana-energy-magic-stuff.

If anyone finds this too hard to understand, I'll post the full description.

Colt
2006-03-25, 01:51 PM
anyone is welcom to take a stab at a remak of my av... i love it, but i might use spares as sig avs. it's just Sauron with a ming vase...

Jibar
2006-03-25, 01:53 PM
The more animals the better in my book.
Though they won't all fit eventually.

Chris the Pontifex
2006-03-25, 01:53 PM
we are desperately in need of a referee / official assignment making person.

Sneak
2006-03-25, 01:54 PM
I suggest we do them in order. That means the first competition will be...dun dun dun...

Gordon Freeman!

fetfet
2006-03-25, 01:57 PM
I suggest we do them in order. That means the first competition will be...dun dun dun...

Gordon Freeman!

Who?

Lykan
2006-03-25, 01:59 PM
Who?
He's the main character from half life

Tomb_Raven
2006-03-25, 02:06 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/Tomb_Raven/gordon2oots.gif

ok this is my entry for Gordon,... are updates allowed?

Raven

EDIT: 200*200 size

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/Tomb_Raven/gordon200.gif

Tomb_Raven
2006-03-25, 02:07 PM
Also i suggest a larger immage size say 175 or 200*200 *must be square but so that any detail is easier to see or just so that the image is easier to see

fesfesfes
2006-03-25, 02:17 PM
Nost

Equipment:
Chain shirt
Elven cloak
+1 flaming keen mercifull rapier
+1 reflecting heavy steel shield

Notable features:Very wounded

Hair: brown

Race: half-elf

Class: Rouge 4/ fighter 3

Pose: Ready for battle

Sneak
2006-03-25, 02:23 PM
Since we're getting so many requests, I'll turn this into a suggestion thread. A different thread can be for voting and actually posting the avatars. The avatar artists can choose one to do. Although I think this time we'll just do Freeman, seeing as TombRaven already made him.

Lykan
2006-03-25, 02:40 PM
Naes

Equipment: Two daggers
Bow
Cloak

Notable Features: None

Hair: Brown and curly

Race: Human

Class: Rouge 16

Pose: Cowering

TinSoldier
2006-03-25, 02:47 PM
I think having a separate showcase thread is a cool idea.

I have an idea for the showcase threads though. Make a separate thread for each project and title it like this:

Iron Avatarist Showcase -- Gordon Freeman Avatar

That makes sense to me if people are competing on one drawing at a time.

androgial
2006-03-25, 02:49 PM
ok heres a suggetion for an iron avatarist contest

in oots style
using flash

a male human
shifting to a hatchling silver dragon
back to human
shifting to very young dragon
back to human
to young stage dragon

unnammed as of now
as im working out the details for a new type of character classes and this is one of them

Wukei
2006-03-25, 03:00 PM
I think people should make their requests in the Avatar Request Thread and suggestions of something a bit more general in this thread.

A la Yoda.

Sneak
2006-03-25, 03:15 PM
Yeah, that's kind of thing works much better for this. We don't want to be overflooding with random requests, post those in the normal thread.

Jibar
2006-03-25, 03:22 PM
I shall say this now;
This thread and the idea that created this thread is the work of a lot of a few people who had too much time and were very bored.

Wukei
2006-03-25, 04:03 PM
Would you like to make this a private vote or open vote policy?

I could take the votes (being a neutral party, since I don't make avatars myself) in and count them and list people 1st to whatever place. If that's the way you'd like to do it.

Just a suggestion.

PhoeKun
2006-03-25, 04:22 PM
So it's true what they say: the best things in life are inspired by Iron Chef.

I still want to see Testament (http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v254/guiltygear/ggi_testament-1280.jpg) in avatar-ish form, and this seems like the perfect venue for such a request.

So if/when you guys get to this, have at it!

Sneak
2006-03-25, 04:28 PM
I think having a separate showcase thread is a cool idea.

I have an idea for the showcase threads though. Make a separate thread for each project and title it like this:

Iron Avatarist Showcase -- Gordon Freeman Avatar

That makes sense to me if people are competing on one drawing at a time.

That's a good idea—this means we can have more than one contest at a time. So, we're doing Gordon Freeman and Testament.

Wukei
2006-03-25, 04:45 PM
Would you like to make this a private vote or open vote policy?

I could take the votes (being a neutral party, since I don't make avatars myself) in and count them and list people 1st to whatever place. If that's the way you'd like to do it.

Just a suggestion.

I guess I need to explain why:

If someone is outvoted by several votes (should this thing get popular enough to have up to 50 or more votes) they might get upset. This way you would not know whether you were outvoted by one or one hundred.

Sneak
2006-03-25, 04:49 PM
Hmmm, yeah, that's probably a good idea.

But if you had all of them PMed to you...that wouldn't be fun for you now, would it?

Wukei
2006-03-25, 04:51 PM
No, it's fine, I'd mark it down on a sheet on my computer and delete the post, that way I could get into my inbox.

Don't worry, I've got a system. I do the same thing with character sheets PMed to me now so I don't by accident hit "clear inbox"

bluish_wolf
2006-03-25, 05:46 PM
Since you did Testament, do Bridget, too.

Wukei
2006-03-25, 05:56 PM
Might I make a suggestion?

(If I'm not allowed suggestions if I become the poll officer, I'd understand...)

My favourite show ever is Gensomaden Saiyuki. Kougaji is my favourite villain ever, too. (And I know the guy who played him, Vic Mignogna. He also played Brolli in DBGT), but I couldn't find a good picture of Kougaji in full.

So, Hakkai. (http://www.advfilms.com/favorites/saiyuki/images/downloads/characters/hakkai01.jpg)

On another related note: suggestions should have a picture offered so that the avatar artists who don't know your character you ask for may know what they look like.

tonberryking
2006-03-25, 06:11 PM
Ha, you asked for it. I suggest/dare/challenge for a Tonberry King icon. :P

Hyrael
2006-03-25, 06:14 PM
Greeg

Equipment: Heavily Enchanted spring-loaded Repeating Crossbow called The Peicemaker that looks sort of (but not very) like a shotgun. trenchcoat and brimmed hat, cigar.

Notable Features: Size Small, with long, chimp-like arms, yellow eyes, and long ears (longer than an elf's.)

Skin: dark purple hair all over

Hair: Dark purple

Race: Gruwaar (dragon magazine 317, underdark fey who love drama and anarchy. they look like a cross between a chimp and a goblin, with dark purple hair, and a cat/goblin like face)

Class: Strange 8 (blastless warlock variant, locateable here: http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=370164

Pose: hunched over, knuckles of one hand on the ground, the other hefting the Peicemaker.

Lacrimosa

Equipment: Masterwork Rapier, leather armor

Notable Features: Fangs

Skin: Rather Pale

Hair: Black, not quite touching her shoulders,

Race: half Vampire (libris mortis) human

Class: rogue

Pose: not sure.

Sneak
2006-03-25, 06:15 PM
Well, if that works for you Wukei, it's fine by me.

Current Competitions:
Gordon Freeman
Testament

Queue:
Bridget
Hakkai
Tonberry King

Wukei
2006-03-25, 06:16 PM
I think people should make their requests in the Avatar Request Thread and suggestions of something a bit more general in this thread.

A la Yoda.

Yeah, that's kind of thing works much better for this. We don't want to be overflooding with random requests, post those in the normal thread.

EscherEnigma
2006-03-25, 06:27 PM
So do you want all avatar suggestions to be accompanied by a non-avatar picture, or do simple text descriptions work as well?

Wukei
2006-03-25, 06:30 PM
I'd think pictures would be better.

I mean, if it's a general character from a show or game, it should be easy to find a picture.

Sneak
2006-03-25, 06:52 PM
Well, my picture for Testament is up...

Tomb_Raven
2006-03-25, 07:40 PM
So how do you vote exactly? And where will the results be found?

Wukei
2006-03-25, 07:42 PM
I'm writing up the rules right now..just need to finish up some questions with Sneak.

Ugly_Panda
2006-03-25, 07:56 PM
Could I get a panda holding a chinese halberd? Nothing more complicated than that, just a panda with a weapon.

Wukei
2006-03-25, 07:59 PM
You're looking for the OotS Arts & Crafts (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=comics;action=display;num=1142022708 ) thread.

Sneak
2006-03-25, 08:02 PM
Please, please, PLEASE! Post your individual requests here! (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=comics;action=display;num=1142022708 ;start=675#675)

By the way, the rules thread (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=comics;action=display;num=1143330805 ) is up.

Ugly_Panda
2006-03-25, 08:45 PM
Sorry

TinSoldier
2006-03-25, 08:51 PM
The only other thing is I hope this thread stays here in the Comics and not moved to Silly Message Board Games or Friendly Banter. Although it may fit better there, I hang out in this thread much more often.

Tomb_Raven
2006-03-25, 09:03 PM
Hmm doesnt seem to be catching on yet,... :( there arnt that many entries :(:( my only prayer is that this survives and gains popularity amongst the Avatartists

Raven

Wukei
2006-03-25, 09:06 PM
The only thing is that on weekends, a lot of people aren't around. Give it til Monday. More people will show interest.

Tomb_Raven
2006-03-25, 09:08 PM
That sounds a bit counter logical to me but then what do i know :P

Raven

Wukei
2006-03-25, 09:43 PM
If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the rules, btw, feel free to post them here as well, too.

TinSoldier
2006-03-25, 09:55 PM
If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the rules, btw, feel free to post them here as well, too.Voting. If someone wants to change his vote, will you track that? Will you keep track of preventing multiple voting by one user (either by changing his vote or by disregarding it)?

Each contest thread should have dates for when submissions and votes are valid.

[hr]I know this isn't taking off very quickly, but I really think that it will. It's really a clever idea. I had proposed earlier to gather some of the OoTS Arts and Crafts avatars into one place, and I think this will kind of do that.

[hr]Okay, so Kore is my favorite character ever. I propose a challenge for reproducing him in OoTS style. I don't know if I'll ever finish my drawing of him. I started in a fit of creativity but... I'm pretty good at starting things and not finishing them.

See the following link to get the full effect of Kore:
http://thunt.comicgen.com/d/20050910.html

Hawkeye
2006-03-26, 05:58 AM
one rules question, is the artists allowed to vote (and can they vote for themselves)?

edit: when do they current avatar entries have to be in by?

Wukei
2006-03-26, 11:34 AM
Since it was given to you on Saturday, it's to be in by Tuesday

Tomb_Raven
2006-03-28, 12:18 PM
Ugh doesnt seem to be too popular yet hmm... :/ pity well at least winners are announced today :P

When is this board most active btw?

Raven

TheLastOfTheFallen
2006-03-28, 12:39 PM
Ok, question - are we only using allready existing characters for this contest? So far, unless I'm reading this wrong, every character that is in the contest and backlog that is being considered is from a video game/webcomic, counting Kore.

Second: For submission, perhaps people should pm their actual submissions to someone (I'd do it if no one else wants to, though I plan on competing, so that might not be the best idea), who puts them up without names of who made it, so that there is no way that people could let a name influence their vote, and give more obscure artist a chance.

Hawkeye
2006-03-28, 12:39 PM
hmm... I think the term "fallen flat on it's face" is the best summary of how things have gone at the moment. Oh well, good idea at the start tho.

Tomb_Raven
2006-03-28, 12:56 PM
Yeah deffinately a sticky pancacke this one... :( well hopefully will work better soon. Well the suggestion should be something with an existing non ootsy pic of it,... so that there is an ideal on which to judge the others.
Sigh please do compete :P the more the better maybe if people see more competeung they will join in too
Raven

Chris the Pontifex
2006-03-28, 06:15 PM
Ok, question - are we only using allready existing characters for this contest? So far, unless I'm reading this wrong, every character that is in the contest and backlog that is being considered is from a video game/webcomic, counting Kore.

Second: For submission, perhaps people should pm their actual submissions to someone (I'd do it if no one else wants to, though I plan on competing, so that might not be the best idea), who puts them up without names of who made it, so that there is no way that people could let a name influence their vote, and give more obscure artist a chance.

I second that, also because when everyone PMs their entry the artists cant cheat by looking at eachothers entry's.

Zann
2006-03-29, 06:26 AM
Yeah,PMing. Maybe people should PM their requests to you,and you could modify your post to put themin. Then the avatarists could PM the avatars to you, and you could edit them in too.

So as to avoid confusion and blockage up of threads.

Wukei
2006-03-29, 04:24 PM
If an avatarist copies another avatarist, I'd assume it'd be obvious. Considering there's a date and time on it.

Now, Sneak. It's your turn. I've set the votes, you set the contests.

Roland St. Jude
2006-04-01, 08:41 PM
I would love to see an Iron Avatar contest of: The Man With No Name.

He's the quintessential Clint Eastwood spaghetti western character.

There are pictures HERE (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=Man%20with%20no%20name&sa=N&tab=wi)

(Pretty please with sugar on top!)

Allanon
2006-04-02, 10:26 PM
SUGGESTION:
A Half fiend vampire illithid demi lich
OR
Cthulhu
http://www.netherreal.de/gallery/conkle/images/mightyc.jpg
http://www.stuffemal.com/dolls_animal_figures/Cthulhu.jpg
http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/cthulhus.jpg

Equipment:A crown make of dark metal set with onyx

Notable Features:its a old illithid skull complete with tentacles its eye sockets and tentacle joints are set with amethyst gems and it glows red

Skin:Old bone

Hair:None

Race:Uber templated

Class:wizard not that it matters

Pose:Its floating and its looking at you with its tentacles outreached!

CharPixie
2006-04-03, 03:58 PM
Rules Suggestion: Instead of voting, why not have three judges, all of whom give tongue-in-cheek commentry on different entries and the 'flavours' they provide?

Maybe have a fixed number of entry slots per show? A requirement for artists to post their work AS they work on it?

Allanon
2006-04-05, 12:12 AM
SHARUKU

http://www.giantitp.com/frm0004.html

5tephen
2006-04-05, 02:34 AM
I'd like to get into this game, but it is a little messy in its current format.

The last call for entries I found was Grodon Freeman- about the top of page 3, yeah?

But there is no deadline mentioned, so it is hard to see if it is still current.

Or is there another thread that I should be looking at? (I know there were a few earlier.

Sneak
2006-04-06, 06:51 PM
Well, it was kind of gone for a while, but now it's back...with DRAGONS!

Queue:
Bridget (Guilty Gear, I believe? By PhoeKun)
Hakkai (Gensomaden Saiyuki, by Wukei)
Tonberry King (pretty explanatory. by...dun dun dun...TONBERRYKING!
Kore (Goblins, by TinSoldier)
The Man With No Name (by Roland St. Jude, just google his name [heh], you'll find pictures)

I think we agreed to have 2 contests running at once, but since the dragon contest is a lot more broad and different from most, we'll let that run alone. Of course, this queue is not set in stone, they are just what has been suggested. If people don't want to do them, we don't have to.

saraswati
2006-04-06, 07:45 PM
I have absolutely no artistic talent, so I won't be competing. (no, really, trust me). But I just want to give a shout out to the Iron Avatar competition. I really like seeing everyone's artwork. Even if there aren't a huge amount of competitors.

Here are my suggestions for future competitions:

Martial arts competion
Bad james bond villians
Extreme V makeover (tee hee!)

Thanks for your contributions to the arts, people :)

That Lanky Bugger
2006-04-06, 07:50 PM
Extreme V makeover (tee hee!)

Seconded.

ElfLad
2006-04-07, 04:27 PM
Out of curiousity, would a Balrog be acceptable for Dragons: other? Because I've been working on one of those and I believe it's definitely a dragon-like creature.

Wukei
2006-04-07, 04:29 PM
Personally, I think it'll fit into demons and devils (which we might do should enough people feel inclined to do it...though it will be down the line.)

Chris the Pontifex
2006-04-07, 04:30 PM
hmm yesss, I'll do the Erinyes (done too many succubi already)

also V makeover sounds like fun

Lothorus
2006-04-09, 04:50 PM
Hum... suggestions, eh?

Well, forgive me if this has been put forward before in some other competition, but I would like to see a few people competing to make an OotS-style avatar of the manliest of all Final Fantasy bad guys.

I speak of Kefka, of course.

Here's some visual aid: Amano style, and... (http://www.ffcompendium.com/chara/6kefka-a.jpg)
Original Pixel flavor. (http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~tak-n/dot_ff6/kefka.gif)

I hope there's enough room on the que for this. If not, or if there is some other reason to bar this suggestion, I understand.

Archonic Energy
2006-04-11, 04:05 AM
how about the other characters from "the lord of the mings"

we have frudu and ... (what was gandalf's new name?) the wizard dude.

just a thought.

TheLastOfTheFallen
2006-04-12, 01:22 AM
Just a thought: what about a contest that allows the artists more room to be creative? Right now we have: "Here is a character/monster, draw it." While fun, it doesn't give much room for creativity.

Why not, instead, having something that has to be incorporated into all of the artists drawings, much like the single ingredient allowed in the Iron Chef competition.

For example, the 'ingredient' could be "a glowing longsword." Every entry would have to include a glowing longsword. Or maybe it would be "fire." every entry would have to have fire. Perhaps it could be a race: "Goblin", and ever avatar must include a goblin in some fashion.

Also, for some of these, it would be best not to limit it to avatar sized images, giving the greatest flexability.

Just my 2cp.

Wukei
2006-04-16, 02:07 PM
I dunno...what do you guys think:

One that's actually a character and one that incorporates an ingredient?

Anyway...I'll be starting the next 2 contests sometime today. Yay! Hakkai's up! (I'll scan a nice picture of him for you guys...I have all of the books.)

And some chick called Bridget...wait, isn't Bridget the guy?

PhoeKun
2006-04-16, 02:13 PM
Its worth mentioning that Bridget (http://www.guiltygear.ru/images/charsets/ggxxr_cs_br.jpg) is a guy. A very... creepy guy with horrible parents.

Wukei
2006-04-16, 02:14 PM
I thought so....my friend crossplayed as him (or would it be cosplay cosplaying? Since he pretends to be a girl and she's a girl? @.@)

Tomb_Raven
2006-04-20, 07:36 PM
How about this,... the Stick Crew as Rock Stars... like whatever genre music you like but as musicians :D would be cool :P

Raven

Kedrot
2006-04-20, 10:20 PM
I like that one^

TinSoldier
2006-04-20, 11:32 PM
I also nominate the OoTS as a rock band!

Wukei
2006-04-20, 11:34 PM
Very well...we'll see how that one goes.

(Yes, I'm doing it out of order again.)

Seeing as this is a large one again, I'll be having just the one IAS again.

Tomb_Raven
2006-04-28, 08:44 AM
How about this:

You have the oots gang or linear guild or xykon and co as some group of superheroes (like ones that already exist ie. fantastic 4, spiderman, x-men etc..)

that has potential for being really cool :D

Raven

Wukei
2006-04-28, 11:20 AM
Dammit! Stop coming up with super good ones while we still haven't gotten to the other req...we'll run a "request" and a "group thing"...there we go...

Tomb_Raven
2006-04-28, 11:28 AM
hehe ok

Raven

danielf
2006-04-30, 01:35 PM
i want to see a Simpson OOTS :P

Kedrot
2006-04-30, 06:26 PM
I would like to see a Gandalf and a Gimli. Who's up for those ones?

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-04-30, 09:43 PM
We gotta have a Homestarrunner-themed contest.

I'd love to see an OOTSitized Senor Cardgage ;D

LostInBrittany
2006-05-03, 08:22 AM
This last days I've thinking of a Western themed OOTS... I guess that Wild West OOTS could be a nice Iron Avatarist contest.

Cowboys, sheriffs, bandidos, desperados, calvary, indians... there is a potential for stick people creativity, isn't it ?

Tomb_Raven
2006-05-03, 11:20 AM
I second the above... :D i was going to suggest them as jedi but i prefer cowboy, less nerdy ;) :P

Raven

Hawkeye
2006-05-03, 02:39 PM
I think that an overall OoTS group thing is the way to go, I enjoyed making the OoTS band thing, and I'm enjoying making the superheros at the moment. More of the same please!

Wukei
2006-05-03, 02:44 PM
Like I said, I'm going to do one group thing that lasts the week, and then a 1 character thing (IE Tonberry King) that lasts until Wed and voting lasts until Saturday (when the new game starts all over again.)

At least until we run out of small requests like that.

Tomb_Raven
2006-05-03, 02:56 PM
could you please put up the list of IA things please Wukei

Raven

Wukei
2006-05-03, 03:07 PM
I'm not understanding the question...but I'll do what I think you mean.

Singles in queue:
Kore (Goblins, by TinSoldier)
The Man With No Name (by Roland St. Jude)
Extreme V makeover (by saraswatsi)
Kefka (by Lothorus)

Group queue:
Lord of the Mings (archonic energy)
Simpsons (danielf)
Lord of the Rings (kedrot hemhold)
Homestarrunner (it's dot com...I mean, Vorpal Tribble)
Western-themed (Lost in Brittany)

I say we should vote on the next two in queue, just so we can get more people involved in creation...whaddya think?

TinSoldier
2006-05-03, 03:12 PM
I vote for Kore ;D and Western.

Tomb_Raven
2006-05-03, 03:15 PM
I vote western and not to interested in the singles tournament dont mind which it is...

Raven

Hawkeye
2006-05-03, 07:16 PM
Of the bunch, western sounds good.

Old_el_Paso
2006-05-03, 11:07 PM
An OotS E.R. kinda thing would be funny.

ElfLad
2006-05-04, 02:31 AM
Extreme V Makeover

Western

LostInBrittany
2006-05-04, 03:48 AM
It seems that my western idea has followers... Excellent! :D

potatocubed
2006-05-04, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I don't often find myself tempted by OotS remakes, but the cowboy one has potential...

CapnAlex
2006-05-04, 01:18 PM
Due to my obsession, my I suggest Great Cthulhu himself?

Post no. 1234! (convinient for today)

Jacklu
2006-05-04, 04:56 PM
What about the OOTS in the style of The Wizard of Oz?

danielf
2006-05-04, 06:43 PM
OOTS as the Simpsons

Old_el_Paso
2006-05-04, 06:48 PM
OotS as Star Wars.

The Jedi/Sith Group
Droid Group
Clone/Stormtrooper Group
Others Group

danielf
2006-05-04, 06:48 PM
What about the OOTS in the style of The Wizard of Oz?

Belkar as Tin Man, without a heart

i will make the others latter
Elan as Scarecrow without a brain
Roy as Cowardly Lion
Haley as Dorothy

hahaha

saraswati
2006-05-04, 07:12 PM
I have to selfishly vote my own suggestion for Extreme V makeover :P I think y'all would rock the house with it.

For group I vote Lord of the Mings! LOL!

However, pretty much everything submitted has been fantastic! So whatever gets chosen is good times.

OMG the superheroes so far kick ASS!

thanks for helping to make the now OOTS-less weekends pass more quickly.

TinSoldier
2006-05-05, 10:01 PM
I suggest doing the OotS/Linear Guild/Xykon's Crew as the cast of M*A*S*H!

Hawkeye Pierce
BJ Hunnicut
Trapper John
Frank Burns (eats worms hahahaha!)
Charles Emerson Winchester III
Col. Potter
Col. Blake
Hot Lips Houlihan
Max Klinger
Radar O'Reilly
Father Mulcahy

Any combination of the above.

Kedrot
2006-05-07, 10:16 AM
Final Fantasy OoTS
FFVII through FFX
The main party's would be preferable now i think that would rock!

Ellerain
2006-05-07, 10:46 AM
Final Fantasy OoTS
FFVII through FFX
The main party's would be preferable now i think that would rock!

Alternative: FF OOtS, any combination of FFs (Sephiroth-Miko, Edea-Celia, Kefka-Belkar, anyone? %) )

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-05-07, 11:13 AM
Definetely M*A*S*H or Homestarrunner.

danielf
2006-05-07, 07:03 PM
An World Cup Football (Soccer) Thread with the categories: (characters can use colors of one of the world cup teams :P)

- Single player
- Team (11 player)
- Game (11Players (OOTS) x 11 Players (Xykon))
- Training
- Penalty

ElfLad
2006-05-07, 09:01 PM
How about there's a category where we just put them as the main cast of any RPG?

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-05-07, 10:25 PM
Heeeey... the A-Team!

Durkon Smith
Face the Bard
Mad Dog Belkar
R.A. Barrackis

I pity da foo' who can't make a fortitude save!

;D

bluish_wolf
2006-05-08, 01:29 AM
How about there's a category where we just put them as the main cast of any RPG?

'Cause they are already the main cast of an RPG.

danielf
2006-05-08, 06:19 AM
Maybe a movie thread

Haley and the pussycats P*u*s*s*y*c*a*t*s (Josie and the pussycatsP*u*s*s*y*c*a*t*s) (Filters change what i had write)
V for Vaarsuvius (V for VengeanceVendetta)(This was my mistake)
Thog the Barbarian (Conan the Barbarian)
MaOOTStrix (Matrix)

and can have categories like the oscar

best movie, best soundtrack, best actor ...

Dispozition
2006-05-08, 06:27 AM
IMHO, I think that you should do either M*A*S*H or Homestar runner.

The FF OOTS is an ok idea but i still think M*A*S*H would be the best.

V for Vaarsuvius (V for Vengeance)

Ummm...It's V for Vendetta, unless your talking about some really old film, which I don't think you are.

Jacklu
2006-05-08, 10:18 AM
Haley and the pussycats (Josie and the pussycats)

I've never heard of that movie, but I don't think it's appropriate for this website...

EDIT: Oh! it's the language filters! That is so funny! I thought you were actually suggesting a movie by that name. ::)

LostInBrittany
2006-05-09, 09:18 AM
Language filters rock :D

Go Pussycats go!

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-05-09, 09:51 AM
Grrr, the filters drive me crazy and most of them had to be explained to me because I didn't even KNOW those words.

Don't ever talk about chin|{s in your armor, a saltw@ter lake, or ever sn!gger at a joke ::)

danielf
2006-05-09, 10:04 AM
Wicked Witch of the West: I'm melting! I'm melting! Ahhhhhh!

When there will be a Wizard of Oz Thread? The Wicked Witch can't wait anymore :P

Chris the Pontifex
2006-05-09, 03:36 PM
Heeeey... the A-Team!

Durkon Smith
Face the Bard
Mad Dog Belkar
R.A. Barrackis

I pity da foo' who can't make a fortitude save!

;D

:( I was going to suggest that, now I can only second it.
haley can be that reporter lady

edit: AND miko will be that militairy guy that trys to hunt them down, what was his name?

Wukei
2006-05-09, 07:06 PM
danielf:

This is not a place to place your avatars. This is strictly a suggestion thread. The only pictures allowed in this thread are those of an idea someone has for an avatar contest. (IE, a picture from the actual Saiyuki video/manga when I wanted Hakkai.)

We have the Wizard of Oz on the list. Until then, I suggest you make your avatars quietly.

danielf
2006-05-09, 07:09 PM
Sorry, i didn't know i can't put some images here, i already remove it. But i wouldn't use it anyway, it was only a joke. I had already put a Belkar as Tin man image in this thread in May 4th as a joke, and no one say nothing, i think it was no problem, but i already remove it too.

It will not happen again. And for avoiding any problem i will not post Avatars in the Wizard of The Oz Thread.

TinSoldier
2006-05-09, 07:46 PM
Sorry, i didn't know i can't put some images here, i already remove it. But i wouldn't use it anyway, it was only a joke. I had already put a Belkar as Tin man image in this thread in May 4th as a joke, and no one say nothing, i think it was no problem, but i already remove it too.

It will not happen again. And for avoiding any problem i will not post Avatars in the Wizard of The Oz Thread.
Don't go away mad, danielf.

Post your avatars/pictures in the OotS Arts & Crafts thread. If no one comments, that's okay. While art thrives on feedback your art won't starve without.

Keep working on your pictures. Doing anything is 80% of the battle when being creative.

Wukei
2006-05-09, 08:39 PM
It was not intended to be a vicious retort to you posting, danielf. I'm sorry if it seemed that way. TinSoldier's right, don't go away mad. Enter your stuff when the time comes or you can even add it in the OotS Arts & Crafts thread.

danielf
2006-05-10, 03:03 PM
Don't go away mad, danielf.

Post your avatars/pictures in the OotS Arts & Crafts thread. If no one comments, that's okay. While art thrives on feedback your art won't starve without.

Keep working on your pictures. Doing anything is 80% of the battle when being creative.

I think you misunderstand me, i'm not upsed because i had no feedback in my art, i was only saying that i already post an image in this thread and no one said i cant. And i didnt say that i will not post images anymore, i just said that i will not post images for the Wizard of Oz contest, because i think i broke some rules for posting images of it in the sugestion thread.

Anyway, i want to thank you for your nice words

TinSoldier
2006-05-14, 08:01 PM
Okay, I'm not a big baseball fan but another thread (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=comics;action=display;num=1147494805 ) inspired me.

How about OotS/Linear Guild/Xykon's crew as a baseball team?

Or any sports team (Hockey?)

danielf
2006-05-14, 08:04 PM
Okay, I'm not a big baseball fan but another thread (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=comics;action=display;num=1147494805 ) inspired me.

How about OotS/Linear Guild/Xykon's crew as a baseball team?

Or any sports team (Hockey?)

Good suggestion, may be a sport thread, that can be made single characters or team

ElfLad
2006-05-14, 09:21 PM
Why not have a comics contest, where the entries are judged on both artistry and humor?

TinSoldier
2006-05-14, 09:46 PM
Why not have a comics contest, where the entries are judged on both artistry and humor?What? Like we don't vote that way already? :P

Sneak
2006-05-15, 04:07 PM
Wukei said she wouldn't be able to post the next one, so I'll have to. I haven't been looking at this thread, so...does anyone know if one was already picked by Wukei that we were going to do?

Otherwise I'll do M*A*S*H, as that seems to be the general consensus.

Chris the Pontifex
2006-05-15, 06:50 PM
NO do A-team, or general 80s action series
(starchky and hutch, a-team, miamy vice, airwolf, mcgyver, nightrider, etc etc)

Nasrudith
2006-05-15, 06:56 PM
I suggest a party one. Of the OOTS partying.

Hawkeye
2006-05-15, 07:00 PM
Whether or not I agree with the M*A*S*H contest, a general action series is too wide a scope as it would contain too much variety to judge adequetly (for example MASH, a serious/comedy sitcom compared to Nightrider, a scifi sort of program).

V you've never heard of MASH? Blasphemy! Just type MASH into an image finder.

danielf
2006-05-15, 07:11 PM
never heard about M*A*S*H, anyone have a link about that?

Jacklu
2006-05-15, 07:39 PM
I still think the Wizard of Oz would make a good contest.

LostInBrittany
2006-05-16, 03:29 AM
I would love 70-80's action TV series (A-Team, Knightrider, The Greatest American Hero, Starsky & Hutch...).

M*A*S*H could be cool too.

Danielf, if you don't know M*A*S*H, I guess that you are far younger than me. I feel old now :(

blue_hat_guy
2006-05-16, 02:44 PM
whats M*A*S*H* ??

TinSoldier
2006-05-16, 02:50 PM
whats M*A*S*H* ??M*A*S*H (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%2AA%2AS%2AH_%28TV_series%29) was an American sitcom that was aired on television from 1972 to 1983 and still airs in syndication.

It was the story of a US Army hospital unit in the Korean war and was based on the novel and the movie of the same name.

The series was a character-driven comedy/drama. Many of the issues it dealt with had more applicability to the US war in Viet Nam than with the Korean war. But it dealt with a lot of other social issues as well.

It was a great series and if you've never seen it, you should seek it out because it was probably one of the best shows ever on television.

ProfaneArmorGhost
2006-05-17, 04:20 AM
How about other Webcomics? I'd like to see a competition where everyone designs characters from other webcomics OOTS style... ;D

danielf
2006-05-17, 06:54 AM
I think that MASH hadnt been show in Brazil, and because i never saw it, i think i will not participate in this thread.

Hawkeye
2006-05-19, 06:30 PM
Is there going to be another contest? Or have I just completely missed one?

Sneak
2006-05-19, 06:33 PM
Well...I did start a M*A*S*H* one...but since the deadline was almost over and no entries had been submitted, I just took the liberty to baleet it.

Rei_Jin
2006-05-19, 06:40 PM
I'd like to see a contest where various scenes are recreated from the longest running play by post game on these here boards, The Necromancer's Pact, as run by Dr. Bob.

Characters for those playing, recreating the bad guys, and doing different scenes.

How's that for a challenge?

danielf
2006-05-19, 06:41 PM
i didnt know M*A*S*H and i wasnt participating in this thread, but i think maybe you should give a little more time to people that ask for that thread to post, sometimes people post only after 2 or 3 days because they are doing a very good avatar.

Wukei
2006-05-19, 06:47 PM
I'd like to see a contest where various scenes are recreated from the longest running play by post game on these here boards, The Necromancer's Pact, as run by Dr. Bob.

Characters for those playing, recreating the bad guys, and doing different scenes.

How's that for a challenge?

I don't think that's the longest running PbP, actually...check your facts.

Tomb_Raven
2006-05-19, 06:53 PM
How about a random giant monster competition... Like monsters from the MM but they have to be big ones (ala tarsquerthingy :P or purple work or that sort of thing) hows that? Naturaly oots style

Like the new avi Wukei btw

Papa Raven

Wukei
2006-05-19, 07:05 PM
Danke. Ceika made it for me from an old drawing of mine.

Hawkeye
2006-05-19, 08:39 PM
One suggestion for a group thing, OOTS: back to skool.

Finwe
2006-05-19, 09:08 PM
How about Roman OotS? I can easily see Roy as a legionaire, V as a senator, Xykon as Hannibal, etc.

CapnAlex
2006-05-20, 04:42 AM
Ooo. I like that roman idea.

danielf
2006-05-20, 08:40 AM
when will have another contests?

Wukei
2006-05-20, 10:26 AM
PATIENCE!

Seriously...

New contests start every Saturday. I will get around to it sometime today.

Though, honestly, I might start allowing the avatarists to vote. So far I've only had 1 vote for the Western competition. But you can't vote for yourself. Period.

Edit: I take it back...two people have voted...but one didn't follow the rules...why do people not follow the rules?

Old_el_Paso
2006-05-20, 04:02 PM
Pirates? Pirate theme, my wonderful Queen! Finally the Order of the Stick will know what it means to be like us!

Wukei
2006-05-20, 04:05 PM
Perhaps a short game of adding pirate supplies to any avatar...

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-05-20, 08:39 PM
just wondering, could anyone out there turn this (http://tinyurl.com/gh54s) into an avatar?

Amotis
2006-05-20, 10:46 PM
OOTS put to pop groups.
Everything from The Beatles to N' Sync. ::)

TinSoldier
2006-05-20, 11:39 PM
OOTS put to pop groups.
Everything from The Beatles to N' Sync. ::)Well we already had the OotS band (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=comics;action=display;num=1145590866 ) contest...

Amotis
2006-05-21, 01:09 AM
Well we already had the OotS band (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=comics;action=display;num=1145590866 ) contest...

True, might be a bit to concentrated. Nevermind then, take away that image of oots in beatles' do's.

Finwe
2006-05-21, 10:01 AM
I can't wait for someone to do TROGDORR!!! in the homestarrunner contest :)

Sneak
2006-05-21, 03:18 PM
I think we should do a Mafia style IA. Of course, that's only if someone else agrees with me, but I was thinking that lots of people are getting Mafia themed avatars, and so maybe after the contest was over we could have a sort of Mafia avatar library using avis from the IA.

Same goes with pirates.

Wukei
2006-05-21, 03:25 PM
Perhaps we should just have a "The Town" contest?

Finwe
2006-05-21, 07:27 PM
I still like the idea of a Roman OoTS.

(I.E. V as a senator, Belkar as a gladiator, Durkon as a preist of Jupiter, etc)

danielf
2006-05-21, 09:15 PM
LOTR OOTS thread.

Wukei
2006-05-21, 09:17 PM
Guys...you do NOT need to post things multiple times. Unless I ask for a vote.

It's in queue.

The Clown
2006-05-27, 11:35 PM
please can you make me an avatar
Race:
drow
classes:
soul knife
pyro kinetisist
rouge
notable items:
cloak of charisma
characteristics:
sneaky
pyromaniac

Wukei
2006-05-27, 11:38 PM
Notice that this is a suggestion thread not a request thread...you're searching for the OotS Arts & Crafts thread.

garida
2006-05-28, 06:49 PM
I don't know if we've already had one or not, but it would be really cool to see an Iron Avatarist Noir.

blue_hat_guy
2006-06-03, 10:40 AM
i was playing WOW last night and got the idea for a warcraft iron avatarist
what do you think?

danielf
2006-06-03, 12:48 PM
I think that should be made a Soccer (Football) contest because the Football World Cup 2006 start next week. :)

fetfet
2006-06-03, 08:05 PM
One word.

Naruto.

anyone gonna back me up?

Gibbtall
2006-06-03, 10:52 PM
i was playing WOW last night and got the idea for a warcraft iron avatarist
what do you think?

hehe would be cool, but unfortunately would be a little hard to make WoW characters in OOTS style (but meh, im not an avatar maker, leave it to them to decide whats hard) what did you have in mind as a contest?

blue_hat_guy
2006-06-04, 10:54 AM
i didnt mean wow style i meant warcraft style
i was thinking something like roy footman belker head hunter and durkon necromencer
what do you think?

Roland St. Jude
2006-06-25, 12:20 PM
Over on another thread:

The other day, as I was flicking through my Epic Handbook, looking at the various artwork done for the "standard" characters shown in the handbook resplendent in all their epic wargear, I wondered how the OOTS might look if they were to achieve such heights of glory. Anybody else thought about this?

I thought this would make fantastic IA contest...How would our heroes look at level 20+?

ElfLad
2006-06-25, 04:49 PM
Elan would look like Jimi Hendrix.

Well, you tell me what an epic-level bard looks like.

LostInBrittany
2006-06-30, 10:42 AM
I've been out of the forums for several weeks due to a work. And now that I'm back, and after a quick scaning, I find a lack of Iron Avaterist Contests...

Could anybody tell me if they have simple vanished or if they have changed or what?

THANKS!!

Wukei
2006-06-30, 11:11 AM
Due to no votes I've closed the IA.

However, if I could get a set group of judges, much like the Iron Chef, we might start it up again.

LostInBrittany
2006-06-30, 11:22 AM
Or maybe we can continue without votes and without prizes. ok, there is no the same thing, but...

Or, how about a Community IA ? I mean, to be able to vote you must participate, those who take part in the contest are the all and only who can vote. Sort of peer review system. What do you think?

Wukei
2006-06-30, 11:26 AM
I think since it was named after Iron Chef that we should do this:

3 judges (probably those avatarists that don't wish to participate in the thread) plus me as the announcer still giving a Wukei's Choice Award.

Contestants are an unlimited number.

Prizes may or may not be still around. I haven't spoken with Dark Stalion and I don't know anyone else willing to do that much work.

CapnAlex
2006-06-30, 05:15 PM
If it means Iron Avatarist may live, despite my destinct lack of voting participation (because I never bothered to find out how, or when), I am willing to make any awards etc. that are necessary. I am very good at inanimate objects (I like my gun pics), and more than enough free time to make them.

Judge sounds good too... *hint*

Keebler_the_Elf
2006-06-30, 07:00 PM
I got onto these boards in time to participate in one Iron Avatar contest and I loved it. I would be more than happy to do what I can to keep it alive. I have all the vector programs on my laptop, and the time to make trophies inbetween posting on my PbP games at work. I would enjoy judging too, even making up score-cards or something like they have on Iron Chef, so that the artists could see what was particularly good about thier entries. We could have categories like:

How well it fits the theme of the contest
How well it fits OotS style
Color and shading
Originality
Funny
Taste

and then the judges would PM thier scorecards for each atrist to Wukei (if she is willing to take on the task still) and she could post the totals and the winners. Then the judges wont individually be flammed if they vote against one, and they wont be swayed by other's votes. Although others in the playground could post thier opinions all over the thread, and a good judge would listen and consider them all too. With scorecards the judges would not have to pick one "best" entry. If two entries are equally funny, they can have equal scores in that part of the scorecard.

Plus I think it would be a good idea to have fewer IA contests at one time going. I seem to remember seeing two active threads in the past. Also, we could put the date the thread closes in the title, so that people are less likely to miss it.

Roland St. Jude
2006-07-01, 12:43 AM
Due to no votes I've closed the IA.

However, if I could get a set group of judges, much like the Iron Chef, we might start it up again.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/RolandStJ/rolandironchef2.gif

As the official (self-appointed) Iron Chef around here, I would be a happy to be a judge. I'd be the Kazuhiro Sasaki/Mo Rocca style judge who is knows what he likes but isn't a cook artist himself.

Seriously, I'd love to help (and not just because I have an epic OOTS request in the queue ;) ).

CapnAlex
2006-07-01, 06:43 AM
I would enjoy judging too, even making up score-cards or something like they have on Iron Chef, so that the artists could see what was particularly good about thier entries. We could have categories like:

How well it fits the theme of the contest
How well it fits OotS style
Color and shading
Originality
Funny
Taste

and then the judges would PM thier scorecards for each atrist to Wukei (if she is willing to take on the task still) and she could post the totals and the winners. Then the judges wont individually be flammed if they vote against one, and they wont be swayed by other's votes. Although others in the playground could post thier opinions all over the thread, and a good judge would listen and consider them all too. With scorecards the judges would not have to pick one "best" entry. If two entries are equally funny, they can have equal scores in that part of the scorecard.

Plus I think it would be a good idea to have fewer IA contests at one time going. I seem to remember seeing two active threads in the past. Also, we could put the date the thread closes in the title, so that people are less likely to miss it.

I like that idea, but I think an "overall" score should also be added.

Wukei
2006-07-01, 11:53 AM
Yes, overall should be added. And I don't want my judges swayed. Since I'm not judging it myself (except to state my favourite) I will still be taking votes.

Roland's my first judge, congrats.
I might see if Sneak is willing to be a judge.

Maybe I can get a special guest judge...I'll have to see how busy she is.
And I'll search for some other judges. Any volunteers are fine. I'd like them to be active participants of the Arts & Craft's thread. For the obvious reason.

Sneak
2006-07-01, 12:05 PM
I'm willing to be a judge. It's not really like I contribute much to the IA threads anyway, so my absence won't be so much of a loss.

And judging is fun. I can let me Elitist Snob side run wild.

Wukei
2006-07-01, 12:12 PM
Yay, go Sneak.

Also, after the votes are in and tallied I might like the judges to explain how to make an avatar better, what was good/bad about the avatar, etc. Or even write a small comparison of why avatar A was better than avatar B.

TinSoldier
2006-07-01, 02:07 PM
I would like to be a judge or an alternate if the judge's bench is already full.

I don't know if I can offer any tips, though.

Tomb_Raven
2006-07-02, 06:36 PM
Does being a judge mean that i cant compete... even so i wouldnt mind being a judge

Raven

Wukei
2006-07-02, 06:52 PM
I'll circulate my 'guest' judge so that judges may compete in some of the contests.

Tomb_Raven
2006-07-02, 06:56 PM
so i take it that i am a guest judge? or on the actualy board/table/whatever

raven

Wukei
2006-07-02, 06:59 PM
My last judge on the group is always going to be my guest judge. Since you like to make avatars I'd prefer if we circulated you a bit more.

Sneak, however, normally doesn't have time to play avatar-maker, but he doesn't mind judging...at least from what he's said.

The others are all just watchers, I think...

Tomb_Raven
2006-07-02, 07:00 PM
no problem thats cool

raven

Ing
2006-07-02, 07:21 PM
my ideal avatar image?

combination V for vendetta and cthulhu

a V figure with the mask, but with tentales peeking out from it, indicating that behind the guy fawks mask is really a being of unspeakable TERROR!!!!!!!! anarchy meets chaos...yes yes YES YES YES!!!!!

ahem, hope someone has the time to make such a creation

Wukei
2006-07-02, 07:24 PM
That is for the OotS Arts & Crafts thread.

(The requests start again...)

This is for something more basic like an actual character or a theme that several people will attempt to make at once.

Tomb_Raven
2006-07-10, 10:54 AM
perhaps we could do an Iron avatarist according to a theme rather than something deffinate... like for example set the theme as sci-fi spacey things however they have to be the old school style,... ala flash gordon and e.e. doc Smith

Raven

Were-Sandwich
2006-07-10, 10:59 AM
^Now that is a cool idea!

Wukei
2006-07-10, 11:52 AM
We've done themes before, I just wanted the Final Fantasy theme done and over with.

I'll look in on some of the theme suggestions.

LostInBrittany
2006-07-10, 12:00 PM
Could we begin another contest while FF one is being judged?

Wukei
2006-07-10, 12:02 PM
Yea, I didn't get it up yesterday like I'd wanted, but I'll start one today for sure.

LostInBrittany
2006-07-10, 12:07 PM
Yea, I didn't get it up yesterday like I'd wanted, but I'll start one today for sure.

Thanks, lady!

InaVegt
2006-07-11, 03:48 PM
How about a star ocean one, I would even judge for it

for those who don't know star ocean is a SF rpg (3 actually)

Finwe
2006-07-11, 07:25 PM
I sitll like the idea of an epic oots contest.

Keebler_the_Elf
2006-07-11, 07:27 PM
Instead of something as specific as one SF RPG, we could try a general Sci Fi OotS theme. Could be dressed up as a character from a sci fi movie, could have a laser gun, could be anything, just the general theme.

DarkCorax
2006-07-12, 10:50 AM
I sitll like the idea of an epic oots contest.

I've actually been doing that in the "Epic OotS" thread already.... which reminds me, I've still got Durkon and Roy to do...

LostInBrittany
2006-07-12, 10:59 AM
SciFi OOTS seems good to me...

TinSoldier
2006-07-12, 11:32 AM
What about Firefly OotS?

LostInBrittany
2006-07-12, 11:58 AM
A bit too limited for me...

Wukei
2006-07-12, 12:05 PM
a lot of us have never seen Firefly or Serenity.

TinSoldier
2006-07-12, 12:11 PM
I know. I hadn't either until recently.

I was just thinking of Dispozition's awesome Mal avatar.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/Dispozition/Mal.gif

I guess I should have learned after my MASH idea fell flat :-[

LostInBrittany
2006-07-12, 12:15 PM
Generic is better, IMHO.

As generic Western, generic SciFi can be a good contest

Nerd-o-rama
2006-07-12, 12:36 PM
a lot of us have never seen Firefly or Serenity.
That sounds like a personal problem that should be remedied as soon as possible. It's not like it takes a lot of time or money to get caught up on the whole series...Stupid Fox.

Wukei
2006-07-12, 12:38 PM
Actually..I'm not interested in it, thanks.

Nerd-o-rama
2006-07-12, 12:45 PM
I'll assume, given what I know of the rest of this board, you've already heard it pimped out, explained, and glorified by several other people, so I won't annoy you further.

Midnight Son
2006-07-12, 12:48 PM
Actually..I'm not interested in it, thanks.For a self-proclaimed pirate fanatic, I find your lack of interest disturbing.

Wukei
2006-07-12, 12:51 PM
Those aren't pirates.

Nerd-o-rama
2006-07-12, 12:57 PM
Well, they're criminals that live on a ship. If anything, they're Space Cowboy/Pirates. Not as cool as Ninja/Pirates, but close.

Okay, I'll stop now.

Midnight Son
2006-07-12, 04:42 PM
Well, they're criminals that live on a ship. If anything, they're Space Cowboy/Pirates. Not as cool as Ninja/Pirates, but close.

Okay, I'll stop now.No, they live on a ship. They raid and steal stuff. sounds like a pirate to me.

Edit. Oops. Meant to quote Wukei there. Hit the wrong quote button.

ElfLad
2006-07-13, 02:05 AM
I'd like to suggest OotSitized album covers. I'd love to see an OotSy Abbey Road or Sgt. Pepper's.

Problem is, not all albums can be effectively fit into the OotS style if it doesn't have humans or animals.

Beleriphon
2006-07-13, 03:24 PM
I'd like to see best Super Comic book character. So break out those comics and do up a Batman, Superman or Aquaman.

Lets see Xykon as Dr Doom, or Elan is the Human Torch. Perhaps Roy should like like Hellboy.

TinSoldier
2006-07-13, 03:28 PM
What, like this?
< --

Tomb_Raven
2006-07-13, 03:58 PM
this has already happened...

my entries for example...

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/Tomb_Raven/LG2v2.gif

and

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/Tomb_Raven/wolverine5.gif

and

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/Tomb_Raven/xmen2.gif

i went x-man theme during that competition

Raven

LostInBrittany
2006-07-13, 04:01 PM
And here mine for that superhero contest, the League of Extraordinary Sticks :

http://www.lostinbrittany.org/gallery_oots/img/oots_lxg.gif

Shameless LiB, shameless... :-[ :-[

Wukei
2006-07-13, 04:36 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/Tomb_Raven/xmen2.gif

*shoots whoever took Gambit out completely from the movies cuz they whined about not getting the guy they wanted to play him*

How about the guy who played the Wolf in 10th Kingdom? He would have made a good Gambit...or another million actors..

Midnight Son
2006-07-13, 05:00 PM
*cures moderate wounds on guy who took out Gambit.*

No one needs that card throwing pansy anyway.

Wukei
2006-07-13, 05:02 PM
*growls threateningly at d71*

No one needs your pirate-wanna-be starfarers, either...but we still have them.

Midnight Son
2006-07-13, 05:05 PM
*growls threateningly at d71*

No one needs your pirate-wanna-be starfarers, either...but we still have them.*grins innocently and runs away*

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-07-16, 09:53 PM
I'd like to revive the M*A*S*H themed contest... that'd be great (and I'd actually understand the category ;) )

Roland St. Jude
2006-07-16, 10:04 PM
I'd like to revive the M*A*S*H themed contest... that'd be great (and I'd actually understand the category ;) )

I strongly second this suggestion. M*A*S*H rocks!

Bookman
2006-07-16, 10:09 PM
I strongly second this suggestion. M*A*S*H rocks!

I'll 3rd it as it'd be very interesting to see that sort of thing. I may not compete but I enjoy viewing the avatars.

Wukei
2006-07-16, 10:14 PM
The last time we tried MASH it was the fact that the avatarists didn't participate, not the voters...

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-07-16, 10:18 PM
The last time we tried MASH it was the fact that the avatarists didn't participate, not the voters...
Except... it wasn't really an official avatar contest though was it?

I seem to remember someone just up and making a new thread amidst the one already running.

Wukei
2006-07-16, 10:19 PM
Actually, Sneak made one because I was in the hospital looking after my mom for the week...and he created IA, not me.

Roland St. Jude
2006-07-16, 10:26 PM

Hmm, an IA contest without avatarists? I suppose that doesn't work very well. :) Considering this IA thing is just getting going again, I'd hate to see it derailed by a contest no one's interested in drawing for.

As an aside, I suspect the lack of entries is because M*A*S*H is a pretty old movie/show. Even with the prevalence of olive drab, it seems like it would be fun given the humorous nature of the show. But I guess it probably isn't that interesting to an artist who isn't a fan.

Finwe
2006-07-16, 10:29 PM
Why not just a generic Army themed Oots?

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-07-23, 11:01 PM
Heeeey! I got it! What about 70's-80's Cult Show (or however you'd call them) themed?

That way you can have M*A*S*H, A-Team, Knight Rider, Cosby, all that good stuff ;D

Wukei
2006-07-24, 03:01 AM
I was wondering...is DnD based story characters a good subject for the artists?

IE Drizzt Do'Urden
any of the gods
the main group of characters from the PHB (Mialee, I think is the wizard's name)

etc

LostInBrittany
2006-07-24, 04:26 AM
Another vote for 70's-80's TV shows!

I want to make my OOTS as A-team submission! :D

ElfLad
2006-07-24, 01:52 PM
Why not just TV shows in general?

"Haaaaaaaaleeeeeeey, you've got some 'splaining to do!"

Tomb_Raven
2006-07-24, 04:05 PM
Perhaps a project CUTE themed IA...

http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gaming;action=display;num=1150920490 ;start=690

basically its D&D with the main characters as KIDS°!! really cool idea... and not just cos i posted on the thread a bit

Raven

Serpentine
2006-07-26, 12:16 AM
Anyone suggested a Nintendo character themed one? You know you want to see Mario's plumber's crack.

Appolo
2006-07-28, 10:49 PM
i think we should do iron avatars for other people's webcomics. i'd personally like to see "O" from commissioned comics done as someone's avvy.

RemoJr
2006-07-29, 12:57 AM
I get the fealing this may have been done before but on the chance it hasn't, how about a Monty Python contest.

wippit
2006-08-01, 06:16 AM
How about an underwater theme.

wippit
2006-08-02, 11:44 PM
Another cool one would be OOTS as a different cartoon, like Scooby Doo or the Smurfs.

Appolo
2006-08-20, 01:22 AM
with all the internet hype, i'm surprised i haven't seen this already, but we should do Iron Avatarist: OotS On A Plane

(parody of snakes on a plane)

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 01:40 AM
(parody of snakes on a plane)

Isnt it obvious? :P

Spaceballs: The Iron Avatarist Thread!

Serpentine
2006-08-20, 10:52 PM
But then I'd hardly be able to enter cuz I've already submitted my best Spaceballsers!

Also: Heee, my idea gotsed pick'd ^_^ Guess I should do a Mario, seeing as I brought him up...

Appolo
2006-08-20, 11:15 PM
maybe a d20 modern iron avatar? that'd be coo'

omg, star wars!

Starwars, Episode 7: The Iron Avatarist

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-08-22, 09:03 AM
Town: the Gathering would be a fun contest. Idea from Rawhide http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1156033301;s tart=0

It could be a sort of double competition, an artist provides the artwork, someone writes in the text/flavour/summoning cost etc.

EDIT: Spelling

Daedrous Avari
2006-08-28, 05:31 PM
Iron Avatarist: There be Dragons beyond this Thread

Everyone makes draconic avatars! Kobolds, dragons, half-dragons...

Appolo
2006-08-29, 10:58 AM
Town: the Gathering would be a fun contest. Idea from Rawhide http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1156033301;s tart=0

It could be a sort of doubel competition, an artist provides the artwork, someone writes in the text/flavour/summoning cost etc.

lets do that. should i make a new thread for it?

LoopyZebra
2006-08-29, 08:19 PM
First things first. Shouldn't Wukei make the thread? No offense intended, but she has ran this thing since it's birth (aside from Sneak's initial reign).

Secondly, the Town: The Gathering is a bad idea. Anything fantasy related doesn't excite anyone's creative juices; fantasy art is the norm here, and IA in general pulls us away from our usual topics. Plus, I think it's a bit too specific; not all of us play Magic.

A good theme for a contest has too draw away from the commonplace styles; in addition, it cannot be too specific (ex. the MASH IA). This rules out any single item, but limits us to more general topics. The particularly successful IA's have been the general ones, such as Sci-Fi, Western, Superheroes, 80's, and Stickified Webcomics. These expanded categories allowed for anyone to find something they liked in there; like I said, not all of us play or like Magic.

Personally, I think that something along the lines of Sports (any sport, but could be narrowed down) or Modern Military (again, could easily be made more specific) would be good themes.

Appolo
2006-08-30, 12:16 AM
someone took Craft (funkiller) as their class skill and used it to make that guy^.