PDA

View Full Version : Engrish in the Playground.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-12, 02:11 PM
Ever notice that when you buy something made in a foreign country, things written in English will have anywhere from minor to major grammar issues? Well I think a good amount of the stuff listed here takes the cake. Especially todays picture.

www.engrish.com

Moff Chumley
2008-08-12, 06:22 PM
That... is... awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Thanatos 51-50
2008-08-12, 06:23 PM
Heh.

I really need to take my camera with me whenever I head into the malls around here. Insane Engrish here in Japan.

Just insane.

SilentNight
2008-08-12, 06:28 PM
Heh, yeah apparently engrish shirts are pretty common there. My teacher said she once say a menu that said "flesh juice" on it in Japan. Ruddy brilliant though.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-08-12, 06:33 PM
Theres also a hat store in Kamakura called Skin Head near the central shrine.

Reading Engrish shirts is how I occupy my mind while I'm on the train if I'm without a book. They're that common.

SilentNight
2008-08-12, 08:19 PM
Theres also a hat store in Kamakura called Skin Head near the central shrine.

Reading Engrish shirts is how I occupy my mind while I'm on the train if I'm without a book. They're that common.

Sweet, I'll keep an eye out when I go next summer.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-08-12, 08:33 PM
Sweet, I'll keep an eye out when I go next summer.

Heh, I'll still be here. Shoot me a PM to arrange stuff, I guess.

Call it a Kamakura, Japan GitP meet-up.

Mr. Mud
2008-08-12, 08:36 PM
No, that is there because the last idiot actually USED a hand grenade there... The fire extinguisher is there for safety. Safety from Idiots.

SilentNight
2008-08-12, 08:46 PM
Heh, I'll still be here. Shoot me a PM to arrange stuff, I guess.

Call it a Kamakura, Japan GitP meet-up.

Not a native I take it? Sadly, I'm going with my teacher and some other students. I think we're only visiting Kyoto and Tokyo. That and we'll be meeting up with some kids from Shimada who came to our area in march. I don't know where Kamakura is but maybe we can do something. Sorry.

Prophaniti
2008-08-12, 08:49 PM
Grrr! Why do I always have to find the really hilarious stuff when I'm at work and can't laugh? Do you have any idea how hard it is to sound normal over the phone while reading those? Well, I'll tell you: It's bloody hard.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-08-12, 09:08 PM
Not a native I take it? Sadly, I'm going with my teacher and some other students. I think we're only visiting Kyoto and Tokyo. That and we'll be meeting up with some kids from Shimada who came to our area in march. I don't know where Kamakura is but maybe we can do something. Sorry.

American Navy.
I thought that was pretty common knowledge on these boards.

Have fun, enjoy Japan.
Coincidently, you don't mean Shimoda, do you?

... nice town.

Mr. Mud
2008-08-12, 09:13 PM
American Navy.

Have fun, enjoy Japan.

... nice town.

Wait wait wait, Than, you are in the US Navy? :smallconfused:. My life is like built around the USNA...

SilentNight
2008-08-12, 09:15 PM
American Navy.

Have fun, enjoy Japan.

... nice town.

I guess I'm just out of the loop. No, actually coordinators said that if you ask how to get to Shimada they'll send you to Shimoda. Apparently no one has heard of it. I think it's in Chiba prefecture, like an hour from Tokyo.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-08-12, 09:32 PM
Never been to Chiba prefecture (Excepting Tokyo proper). Most of the time In in Kanagawa, Shizuoka, or Izu.

Shimoda is in Izu. Its kinda famous for the Black Ship landing, but thats it, as far as I know.
Probably hence the cunfusion.

MrMud. I'm enlisted. Don't worry, Marine.