PDA

View Full Version : Land of the Dragon - Party 1

SensFan
2008-08-12, 04:02 PM
You all arrive to the village of Eterna the afternoon before the summer Equinox. The first building you run into is, based on the wooden sign that hangs over the entranceway, The Eternal Pub. The building is rather old, and looks like it could use a serious maintenance job. Dependant on how observant you are, it may not even have caught your eye, had it not been for the note pinned to the door. The note, which stood out due to how new and crisp it was, compared to the ratty door, read as follows:

I have made arrangements for anyone responding to my invite to stay here free of charge tonight. Please meet me at my place midday tomorrow.

Thamior

Please read the OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87570) before posting IC. Thanks!

Benejeseret
2008-08-12, 05:18 PM
Sarinan

The Adept paces himself down the mountain trails converging on the township of Eterna. As the village grown on the horizon, Sarinan tries to recall visits to the site in his youth. It's been so long since I've been among any village. Hopefully the locals are not a superstitious lot, he absently traces the scales of his neck during a rest break stretch. Standing on a small scrag of rock he looks over the village.

A few hours later the Adepts walk by the Pub. Catching the note as he passes he reads it over before sighing and heading inside.

Knowledge checks
since with his constant Draconic Knowledge every possible knowledge check is available - even untrained. I am hoping that I can in most situations roll once and then apply whatever modifier applies.
Arcane/Dungeoneering/Nature/The Planes +17
History/Nobility +13
All others +9

So to see what he knows of the town: Knowledge [roll0]

(example, nature+17 crops/vegetation/agriculture, local +9 for locations/services, nobility +13 for rulers/governance etc etc.)

Mathis
2008-08-12, 05:39 PM
Brannox

Brannox strolls down the path leading to the village Eterna, his sword casually strapped across his back along with his other belongings.
As he closes in he spots the townfolk going about their business, some leaving the town, some entering, everyone happily occupied with their daily tasks.

This being his first visit to Eterna, Brannox stops for a second to get an overview, turning around to take in the city, trying to make a mental of the city if he was ever to get lost. "I wonder where Thamior would reside..." Brannox thought to himself as he stood at the side of road. Since the sight of the city alone yielded no answer he decided to enter, walking the rest of the way.

When he got the sign nailed to the Inn, he went closer, and went inside, hoping that the first thing he'd set his eyes upon would be Thamior. Or a good warm piece of meat, nothing tempted more than a warm meal and something to drink after such a long and tiresome journey...

SensFan
2008-08-12, 09:58 PM
Sarinan

As you enter the Pub, you find the room eerily quiet...or maybe its just that you aren't used to being around other people? Whether it's the norm or not, people do seem to be staring at you a fair bit; more than you had remembered being polite, at any rate.

Brannox

You walk into the Tavern, and things seem...awkward. It seems like something happened just a few moments ago that brought the place to a pause, and that the action just restarted. As far as taverns go, this one seems pretty straightforward. Nothing seems too much out of the ordinary. Oh, except for the guy standing a few feet in front of you, with silver scales.

---

Sarinan only, please!
Yep, frequent Knowledge checks are fine. Would you like me to automatically make the rolls in the future?

Anyways, you know that Eterna is run by a council of elders, with each of the major races (Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Dragons) represented. This council was formed by Thamior some years ago, and he adds members as there are retirements or deaths. He also has a complete veto power.

TeeEl
2008-08-12, 10:54 PM
Sakthriss strides down into the village. His progress is slow due to his slightly awkward frame and heavy armor strapped to his back, but his pace is steady, showing no signs of fatigue or hesitation. Having never been to Thamior's home he is uncertain of where to head, so he simply marches confidently up to the first building he sees. Spotting the note on the door he heads inside without missing a step, as though it was his intended destination to begin with. Inside, he pauses briefly to collect himself and takes a casual look around the room, standing for all the world as though there was nothing unusual about a bipedal lizard in knightly garb strolling into a pub.

Benejeseret
2008-08-12, 11:15 PM
Sarinan begins feeling somewhat out of place, and turns to leave when the door opens twice in quick procession. Watch a lizard enter the pub he sighs mentally, well, that should take some of the attention away from me anyway.

"K'hmm," he clears his throat, "Ah, good day to you," he steps back out of the larger man's way and makes for the Innkeeper. Not that he knows were he is or looks like, so he makes his way into the back of the pub.

Mathis
2008-08-13, 06:40 AM
Brannox

Brannox was caught by surprise as he entered the Inn, standing for once, eye to eye with someone. The whole situation, the lizard-man and the awkward tension that exists, makes Brannox uncomfortable, he shifts almost unnoticably from one foot to the other while considering what to do next.

His brief pause is suddenly interupted as someone else enters the door, and when the lizard-man speaks he can only utter a short, polite response. "Good day to you too brother" Brannox nods politely before he too starts to look for the Innkeeper, he decides that looks alone won't give him away, so he simply turns to the crowd smiling, clears his throat and asks: "I'm looking for the Innkeeper, might that be one of you fella's?"

AngelForm
2008-08-13, 06:48 AM
Egel (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=73643)

Coming down the path towards Eterna an elf can be seen. He is tall and thin, wearing a green tunic and brown leggings. A very acute observer might note the chain mail just showing under the edges of the tunic. He appears well armed and equipped for long a journey.

Though little more than walking he sets a pace almost as fast as most humanoids run, and beside him, paces a Dragon. Only a wyrmling but a Dragon nonetheless. The speed the elf has set seems to be just within the wyrmling ability to mach, as if to push his limits.

Egel halts as they top the last rise before the village. Blitz just slightly out of breath asks “Why cant I fly now were out of the wilds?” the tone isn’t that of whining or complaining but of honest curiosity, mostly anyway. Egel’s reply comes in a caring but forceful voice “Because you are small, conspicuous and valuable, there are probably more creatures that would want to make a meal of you here as in the wilds.” Switching to a more sympathetic tone he continues “Soon you will be big enough and strong enough to take on whatever challenges you but till then, save your speed for when stealth fails.”

As the pair enter the village Egel, ever aware of his surroundings, spots the message on the inn, he has some slight difficulty in reading the message as he had not used common in writing or in speech since he first learned the language more than half a century ago, usually he spoke in draconic or, if he was being formal elven. Still he quickly recalled his lessons and deciphered the note. As he finishes reading an amused smile comes over his face, ‘arrangements’ for a Dragon this should be worth seeing.

He enters holding the door open for Blitz to follow and sees three people immediately before him. One seems normal enough for a human except that he looks huge, not tall or broad just huge. The next Egel recognises at once as a devotee of the Dragon path, there where many in his home village that chose to emulate Dragons and there ways and taking on a draconic form was a common side effect. The last was an enigma, one that Blitz was showing much interest in, a humanoid lizard wearing plate armour.
Meanwhile many people where gazing at Blitz in wonder for it is not often that even a small Dragon walks into a pub.

The pair move so as not to block the door and wait to see what events would unfold…

OOC DM

Ok I know Blitz is an NPC but for mutual convenience I propose the following;
During normal situation I will dictate his actions, during combat or if you want him to make a meaningful contribution to a discussion you control his actions.
That sound ok?
Also is that speech colour ok for Blitz?

SensFan
2008-08-13, 08:19 AM
A Dwarf, who you hadn't seen earlier, speaks up. The Innkeeper be upstairs, in his room. He don't like ter talk ter people, unless he be getting bookin's from 'em. I take care o' tha food and drinks down here. Walking over to the group, he wipes off a table, which looks as though it had some sort of body fluid on it. Pulling up some chairs, he speaks again. Have yourselves a seat, why don't yer. Just gimme a call if yer be wantin' anything.

EveryoneI hope no one minds me adding 'accents' to some of the characters. If anyone has trouble understanding, just let me know and I can describe the accent, rather than type it.
Engel only, please!Yeah, that's fine. I like what I've seen so far from Blitz.

Snowfall
2008-08-13, 08:57 AM
Riven Claw

Two more figures are seen walking into town: one is a little old lady walking with a hurried pace, the other is a tall muscular man dragging a cart piled high with vegetables. The man wears a pack and has a greatsword strapped across his back. He looks slightly out of breath.

"I'm sorry again ma'am that I spooked your donkey, and I hope he did make it back home like you said he would. Animals have always been a little jittery around me." The big man looks embarrassed, but the old lady just pats him on his arm and chuckles, directing her new mule to a building across the village.

He follows her brisk walk towards the building, pulling the cart, but pauses for a moment when he notices the sign on the inn's door. Nodding for a moment, he grunts and quickens his pace after the old lady, finally setting the cart by the small warehouse. He waves off her offer of money, and blushes further after she gives him a hug, then he spins around and hurries quickly over to the inn. Stepping through the door, he relaxes, seeing the strange and varied group of people standing in front of him. Much more settling than the old lady...

"Well, you must all be friends of the old Wizard too." He nods a greeting at the group, "I'm Riven." Seeing the wyrmling, he gives a little bow and a smile. Switching to draconic, he says "It is an honor to greet you, great one."

estradling
2008-08-13, 09:22 AM
A tall bald human-looking man enters the inn. He is wrapped in a dusty cloak and has a greatsword strapped to his back. Even to the most unobservant the sword appears weird, given that it appears to me made out of some kind of purplish crystal.

Zair had seen the note on the door, he wasn't going to turn down a free room, and he was kind of curious about who else Thamior might have called in. On entry, seeing that other were already here and talking, he moves off to the side so as not to interrupt. He needed to get a better feel for what was going on

AngelForm
2008-08-13, 10:12 AM

Blitz glances at the white haired newcomer as he enters before returning his gases to the unknown lizard, he dose not react when Riven greets him.
Egel nudges his companion. “hu, o me.” Turning to face Riven he replies “Greeting my name is Mjolnir but I ask you call me Blitz, pleased to meet you.” This is said in a polite tone and sounds as if it has been rehearsed.
Satisfied with this Egel nods slightly before addressing the man, “Please excuse him, he is young and not used to being called ‘great one’. I am Egel and yes I’m here to see Thamior. Tell me, why do you show such reverence for a Dragon? I have seen people react with fear or awe but never calm respect.”

TeeEl
2008-08-13, 12:43 PM
"Thank you, masster dwarf," Sakthriss says as he makes his way to the open table, plopping down heavily. He turns his gaze towards the unusual assemblage standing in the entryway, his head cocked with curiosity.

"Sso you, too, are Thamior's guestss? I am Sakthriss, sservant of Heironeous."

Mathis
2008-08-13, 12:54 PM
Brannox steps further into the inn to make room for the sudden surge of people, takes his place against a wall, leaning against it with one shoulder as he crosses his arms over his broad chest. He hears the dwarf out, nodding to let him know he has understood the innkeeper's wishes while he lets the others finish their conversation. "Gettin' awfully crowded here all of a sudden..." he mutters quietly to himself, just loud enough to let the ones closest to him hear his words.

As he stands there against the wall, he curiously eyes the rest of the men in the inn up and down. "A strangle lot indeed..." He thought. "Even a dragon amongst them. Why would Thamior summon us all here if not for something extremely important, or dangerous at that..." Brannox wished he had bothered to grow a beard before he left, so he would have atleast something more than the stubble that had grown in place during his journey down south to play with as he pondered Thamior's reasons for sending his letter.

While the rest finishes their conversation, he leans quietly against the wall, not speaking unless spoken too.

Snowfall
2008-08-13, 04:04 PM
Riven

Riven turns to Egel and smiles, , "I was quite a wild lad before a dragon took me under his wing... and under his tooth and claw too."

He smiles, blowing a series of smoke ring from his mouth.

"Took the color out my hair too, but there's more important things than the shade of your locks. I have a hunch that Thamior setup me up for all of that, but that's another story. How about yourself? I haven't seen many people in taverns with a dragon either."

AngelForm
2008-08-13, 06:00 PM

“My village came to the aid of a flight of Bronze Dragons during there hour of need and an alliance was forged. We elves would guide and protect our Dragon form hatching onwards and the Dragons would guard and aid there elf till he or she dies.”

While Egel was talking to Riven Blitz moved over to Sakthriss and asked, still speaking in draconic and with his usual curios tone “What are you?”

TeeEl
2008-08-13, 07:16 PM
Sakthriss casually brushes the lightning-bolt symbol of Heironeous hanging around his neck as he replies to Blitz in draconic. He speaks more slowly than he does in common, as though unable to recall the words quite as readily, although the sounds seem to fit his mouth better and his accent is not so harsh. "Why, it is as I have said, noble wyrmling; I am a champion of Heironeous, lord of the just. I also happen to have been born as one of the lizardfolk, but as it is not our own to decide what shell we are hatched from I place less important in one's origins than in the path one chooses to walk in life."

Benejeseret
2008-08-13, 10:40 PM
The Adept is drawn from the rear of the tavern as the draconian syllables reach him. This odd lot speak of the alchemist, and as he nears, and the lizard speaks draconic...but who is he speaki- The thought cuts off with an audible choke. A wyrmling!

He finds himself soon at the lizard's side, "(draconic)Well said Paladin, yet our appearance so often reflects the path we choose. " He bows slightly to the bronzeling, "My apologies for interjecting, but seems I have much more in common with this table then most others. Did I hear you all wait for this Alchemist?"

AngelForm
2008-08-14, 08:04 AM

Blitz listens raptly to Sakthriss but before he can reply a scaled human approaches and begins to talk. When both are finished he says “Hi…” after a moments hesitation he repeats the greeting he gave Riven earlier.
As he finishes Egel moves over, maybe we covered formal introductions a little to much, he nods to the lizardfolk “Greetings Sakthriss” and to the draconic human “Yes we all seem to be here at Thamior’s behest, I do not believe I have your name, I am called Egel.”
He considers for a moment, I never thought to meet so many that spoke draconic even still…Switching from draconic to common he addresses the inn at large “Is there anyone else here seeking Alchemist Thamior?”

estradling
2008-08-14, 09:30 AM
Zair

He had been listening following the conversations both in Common and Draconic.

The elfs direct question provokes a reponse. "I am"

SensFan
2008-08-14, 09:34 AM
At the words of Egel,the entire place went quiet. Even the bartender stopped his duties, seemingly frozen in place. The only noise was the little you could make out of the idle chatter of the people outside, walking by. Finally, one person spoke up. From the far corner of the room, a large muscular human stood up. You guys think you're funny, or something? The whole damn village is looking for him!

estradling
2008-08-14, 09:47 AM
Zair

Inside his head another voice spoke, Oh this does not bode well.. Ya think, Zair as the overmind snapped back. The oracle sometimes wasn't all that helpful. We have a note and a letter, we need to figure out a timeline and/or authenticity The collective was much more helpful.

At this the Synad turns to the barkeep and asks, "If he is missing then who put up the note on the door?"

Snowfall
2008-08-14, 12:11 PM
Riven

"Funny? Well, I've been looking for him almost 10 years, so I guess that could make me pretty strange... but really more ignorant than anything." Riven smiles and then shrugs at the speaker, trying to size up the big human's intent.

He pulls out one of the chairs and sits down, adding to what Zair said, "The old elf left a note on the door telling people to stay here tonight and to find him tomorrow."

SensFan
2008-08-14, 02:50 PM
The human that spoke earlier seemed to be getting very frustrated, and appeared to be unable to so much as speak anymore. The Dwarf spoke up. Thamior came by this mornin'. Went upstairs ter talk ter Tom. Thamior then left, leavin' that note on the door. Thamior, always doin' research lately, was goin' on aboot havin' made some amazin' discovery. At this point, the Dwarf stammered a little, getting obviously uncomfortable. He...he went oot to wherever he goes, mid-mornin'. Was supposed ter be back here her early afternoon. When he didn't show, I got worried, and went down ter his house. He...he wasn't there. I went to check on Elendra, his raven. He really started chocking back tears at this point, and it was with extreme difficulty that he said his next sentence. Sh...she...she's dead.

TeeEl
2008-08-14, 03:08 PM
"Hssss! That isss indeed a tragedy. But Thamior iss a great and wise man, and thiss seemss to be a time of great importance to him. He hass summoned many friendss to meet him tomorrow; I trusst that if he failss to meet that appointment he musst have an excellent reason."

Benejeseret
2008-08-14, 03:09 PM
"His Raven, a Familiar then?....No, the wizard would have known about the Familiar's death and would have undoubtedly returned if he could."

DM - skillcheck
spellcraft1d20+17 to know about familiars...assuming I can pass the basics

The Adepts looks over the frustrated and saddened crowd...not quite knowing what to do or say. He turns to give the scaled companions beside him a blank look before turning back.

"Tom then, does he know where he was going?" The Adepts asks while already making his way to the stairs. This room was full of emotion, and it was making Sarinan uncomfortable. Facts were much easier to work on and they might be up the stairs.

Benejeseret
2008-08-14, 03:15 PM
oops, tried to add the check as an edit..d'oi...here it is spellcheck [roll0]

AngelForm
2008-08-14, 03:18 PM

Immediately concerned Egel responds as he always dose when he sees a problem, he seeks to fix it.
“I have some skill with tracking, if someone can show me where he was last seen I may be able to pickup a trail.” As an after thought he adds “Also what did the Raven die from?”

Knowledge check, DM

Knowledge (Arcane) [roll0]
Do familiars die when there masters do?
Of course, why would a woodsman who lives with dragons know anything about familiars :smallannoyed:

SensFan
2008-08-14, 03:50 PM
We do not know where Thamior went, only that he has not returned. The fact that his familiar has died, without any obvious causes, confirms our worries.

AnyoneFamiliars die when their masters die.

estradling
2008-08-14, 04:06 PM
Zair

"Maybe there we some people who weren't happy with this break through of his???" Zair ponders aloud. "He did call all of us strangers together which makes me wonder if he might have expected some kind of danger. Anyways I'd also like to talk to this Tom fellow and then take a look at his house to see if we can't figure out what is going on."

AngelForm
2008-08-14, 04:14 PM

“Maybe this ‘Tom’ will know where I can begin searching.” Egel follows the unnamed Dragon adept upstairs, a slightly confused Blitz at his heels.

As he goes thoughts move through his mind. Why would he have called together a group like this? None of us appear to be students of the alchemical arts but I would bet all of us can handle ourselves in combat. Did he think or know someone was after him?

Mathis
2008-08-14, 05:24 PM
Brannox

Brannox looks delighted that someone finally decided to speak the common tongue, but his smile fades as the words continue to come out of the different patron's mouths. He decides to stay silent as the talk progress, trying to learn as much as possible, raising his hand casually only when Egel asks for people meeting Thamior.

The disappearing smile on his face slowly turns into a frown as he hears the grievous news about Thamior. None of it was certain, and such news could never be trusted completely. Perhaps Thamior had fallen and broken his leg and was now stuck somewhere far up the mountain, perhaps the old bird had died of starvation. Somehow Brannox could not bring himself to believe any of it. Thamior probably had a perfectly good reason for staying away like this. If he didn't they would all learn on the morning.

As Brannox continued to let his thoughts fly, he suddenly snapped back into the inn when the lizard-man made his way towards him and the stairs. Not saying a word, he simply lets the man pass.

Snowfall
2008-08-15, 08:37 AM
Riven

Riven looks shocked when he hears the dwarf's tale, he shakes his head "That's terrible news, I pray that the old Alchemist is still ok, and that we can find him and help him. How can we help?"

SensFan
2008-08-18, 12:18 PM
If ye think yer able ter help out, I'd suggest that ye go on o'er to Thamior's house. Maybe ye can find somethin' tha we missed.

Benejeseret
2008-08-18, 03:21 PM
Sarinan heads upstairs and looks for the innkeeper. Wanting to trace the alchemists steps and have an idea of what's to come the Adepts hopes the man will hold some answers. Plus they can confirm their lodging at the same time.

estradling
2008-08-19, 09:54 AM
Zair

The Synad nods at the Dwarf's suggestion to check out the house, "Where does he live?" He did also want to talk to this Tom fellow, but it looked like others were already pursuing that angle so he was willing to move on.

SensFan
2008-08-19, 10:38 AM
Sarinan

Last I saw Thamior was when he left here this morning, he was supposed to be back here a few hours ago, but didn't show. Bram went down to check on the house, and found nothing of any help. The best investigators this town has got are on the case, though.

If you want to stay, I'm going to have to ask you to pay. You see, Thamior was supposed to come and pay for the rooms, but that is when he never showed. I hope you understand that I can't be giving away free rooms.

I assumed you would ask about what you indicated your intentions were. If not, feel free to correct me.

The Rest

Thamior lives on the far side of Town, maybe a half hour, going at a decent pace. Just walk due west of here, you can't miss it.

Anyone who can make a DC 10 Survival check
The sun is setting as we speak, so due west is pretty easy to find.

estradling
2008-08-19, 11:37 AM
Zair

With the knowledge gained he heads to the alchemist's house.

OOC: I assume we can take a 10 on that survival check?

SensFan
2008-08-19, 11:45 AM
Yes, you can.

Benejeseret
2008-08-19, 04:40 PM
Sarinan

"Ah, of course," the Adept registers and pay for the rooms Thamior had planned for them for tonight at least. As he does so he inquires further, "So the wizard gave no indication of where he was off to, no destinations or tasks mentioned?"

OOC:
I would like him to come along to the house, so perhaps we can work the timeline so that he finishes up with tom and comes downstairs just as the others prepare to leave.

TeeEl
2008-08-19, 08:18 PM
Sakthriss

Sakthriss eases himself out of his chair. "It iss not at all like Thamior to leave arrangementss unmade. There may be ssome cause for concern after all. If you believe an inssspection of Thamior's house may be productive I will trusst your judgment. By your leave, then, masster dwarf. Hopefully we will yet have a chance to partake of your hosspitality as Thamior's guessts."

With that, the lizardman leaves the tavern and starts making his way westward after Zair.

SensFan
2008-08-20, 08:29 AM
Sarinan

Well, he told me he was going off to finalize his research. I don't think he ever told anyone else where his research took place, unfortunately. A little secretive when it comes to ongoing research, to tell you the truth.

Sarinan
Tom is rather old, and will decline to walk to Thamior's, if asked.

12 gp will cover the 6 rooms.

OOC, Everyone
Just let me know when you all are ready to head out. I assume that you'll all stick around until everyone is finished, right?

AngelForm
2008-08-20, 10:00 AM
Egel

After listening to Tom and Sarinan’s discussion Egel immediately leaves the inn. After taking a moment to orientate himself he heads after the others that the alchemist had summoned. Probably best to stay with the others, I don’t know if Thamior had any skill in fighting but no wizard as strong as he is reputed to be would not have formidable defences.

Looking down at Blitz, as ever keeping pace with him, he sees that the wyrmling was both curios and worried but seemed content to wait for information rather than ask questions Egel could not yet answer. If something overcame the alchemist it will not be safe for us to face it alone.
The pair quickly caches up to Sakthriss and fall into step beside him.

Snowfall
2008-08-21, 11:54 PM
Riven

Riven waits for the others before heading out to find Thamior's house.

Mathis
2008-08-22, 06:19 AM
Brannox immeadetly notices that the rest seems to be leaving for Thamior's house. Before the first person leaves the inn he speaks up, letting the rest know that he knows approximately where this house might be.
"I know that I don't speak no fancy dragon tongue, but I do know where Thamior lives, I know his house's general direction anyway... If you all don't mind terribly much I'll go with you, cause I did recieve this letter aswell." Knowing he wouldn't do much help with the investigation, Brannox decided he would join the rest in the walk, atleast an extra pair of eyes couldn't hurt.

Snowfall
2008-08-22, 10:01 AM
Riven

Riven smiles at Brannox, "Of course friend, we should all go together. As for the fancy tongue, I only learned it to keep a dragon from breathing on me every time I tried to ask where the bathroom was."

"What's your name, friend?"

SensFan
2008-08-22, 10:29 AM
Alright, so the party heads off towards the other end of Town, following the setting Sun.

You walk through what appears to be a decent-sized village. You see what looks like a good mix of shops, but can't really tell any specifics, since the lighting is poor and you are walking fairly quickly.

After walking for about three half an hour, you seem to be leaving the central area of the village. The buildings become much more sparse, the path is a little more rough, and the setting is becoming more natural and forest-like.

Another five-ten minutes and the path comes to a close, leading to a large house, surrounded by a large number of trees. The trees create shade that blocks a large portion of what little light the Sun, which has almost fully set, provides.

OOC
If anyone had any unfinished business at the tarvern, just let me know, and we can deal with that. I just thought I'd try and keep things moving somewhat.

If anyone wants a faster, or slower, pace, just let me know.

estradling
2008-08-22, 10:55 AM
Zair

The synad was unconcerned about the coming darkness. His kind had long ago adapted to it. Turning to the others, "Does anyone have plan on how this should be handled? I see no need to repeat each others work so maybe we should divide the search of the house up?"

Benejeseret
2008-08-22, 03:57 PM
Sarinan

"Agreeable. However, if you would all permit me a moment of preperation," the Adept visits everyone and bestows upon them Enduring Exposure. As he finishes with the final member, Sarinan makes his way toward the enterance while looking about the premisis. "We would be wise to remember we tread on the domain of a wizard. Be careful what you touch. I can focus on the arcane and oddities for clues."

Skills:
Search [roll0]

knowledge [roll1] for anything odd he finds. Arcane is +17 to that roll.

And Spellcraft [roll2] to identify any residual spells on or about the premisis.

Mathis
2008-08-22, 05:10 PM
Brannox

Brannox chuckles at Riven's response and says with something that might give the slightest hint of a grin: "And I learned that staying away from dragons was the best way to survive, I guess you'll have a nice trick up your sleeve once a dragon decides he wants to eat you though. Perhaps you can survive as a life-long companion to the dragon, serving as his personal jester!"

As they walk towards the house, Brannox continues to talk to Riven, telling him that he is from the North, only returning due to Thamior's mysterious letter. When they arrive, he listens in on the others speaking and as Sarinan walks towards the entrance, he quickly follows, "I ain't going to be second to no lizard-men." He thought as he hurried up to walk at Sarinans side.

Snowfall
2008-08-24, 11:34 PM
Riven

Riven follows Sarinan and Brannox into the house, while making a slight clenching motion with his fists. The party feels more protected, as if a the air has hardened around them.

Riven is manifesting Toughness Aura, granting DR 2/magic to the party.

SensFan
2008-08-25, 12:03 AM
Anyone who approaches the house, only!
There is a note on the door. It reads as follows.
WARNING! Investigation Ongoing!

DO NOT ENTER, TOUCH, OR LOITER AROUND THIS BUILDING!

Thanks for your co-operation,

City of Eterna.

Also, its getting pretty dark, since the Sun has almost set. Anyone lighting any form of illumination?

AngelForm
2008-08-25, 03:51 AM

Rather than just blundering in Egel decides to carefully search from the outside in. “Blitz stay here and keep watch.” At this Blitz turns away from the house and takes up an almost comical pose of watchfulness.
Egel begins to move round the house, searching for signs of anyone coming or going by an unusual route and what kind of creatures have come here recently.

Survival [roll0]
Search [roll1]

estradling
2008-08-25, 10:01 AM
Zair

Reading the sign he nods, "Looks like we will need to find the people in charge of running this investigation"

Mathis
2008-08-25, 04:51 PM
Brannox

Brannox nods to give his consent: "Agreed" He says, in a short quick mutter. "We shouldn't be trespassing around here when the officials already have things under control."

Brannox smiles and looks around him, taking in the darkness that seems to be growing on them. "I think we should camp here for the night" He says. "My guess is it's going to start turning bright by the time we get ourselves back to the inn, and I'm sure we could find some suitable place to camp around Thamior's premices if we just took afew minutes too search for it. Anyone agree?"

SensFan
2008-08-25, 11:22 PM
Egel only, please!
Today, there have been several humanoids that seem to have come and left, in multiple groups.

estradling
2008-08-26, 10:01 AM
Brannox

Brannox nods to give his consent: "Agreed" He says, in a short quick mutter. "We shouldn't be trespassing around here when the officials already have things under control."

Brannox smiles and looks around him, taking in the darkness that seems to be growing on them. "I think we should camp here for the night" He says. "My guess is it's going to start turning bright by the time we get ourselves back to the inn, and I'm sure we could find some suitable place to camp around Thamior's premices if we just took afew minutes too search for it. Anyone agree?"

Zair

The Synad looks at Brannox quizzically, "The sun has just set. The inn is a half hour, at most away, and they don't want us loitering around the house. By the time we find a site far enough away and set up camp we could be back at the inn. And while traveling back to the inn we pass through the town, which would give us a chance to talk with the town leaders."

Mathis
2008-08-26, 01:40 PM
Brannox

Brannox looks quite disappointed at the prospect of not getting the opportunity to sleep outdoors, but quickly bends to the will of the Synad, his face quickly turning back to the icy stone it usually holds. "I guess you're right then, if you think you can get ahold of any officials at this hour..."

AngelForm
2008-08-26, 02:58 PM
Egel

Completing his circuit of the building and having herd the others talk Egel pauses a moment to consider. Well we are clearly not the only ones to have come to search this place, I would rather investigate now than seek permission but with a paladin here that would be highly inadvisable.

He then moves over to Blitz, deciding to follow the others back to the inn.

Snowfall
2008-08-26, 03:00 PM
Riven

Riven pulls a silver circlet out of his pack and places it on his forehead, a glowing orb springs into being above his shoulder, lighting up the area.

"We were told to take a look by the people in town, and it would be shame to come all the way out here and not take a look. Besides, Thamior may be in trouble..." With that Riven tries the door to the house...

Riven puts on his watch lamp and lights it. He'll peer into the house if the door opens...

Benejeseret
2008-08-26, 07:20 PM
Seeing the sign, Sarinan is conflicted, "I would prefer not to overstep our authority, but given the circumstances I will not stop those of you entering either. I will see what I can discover outside of the house."

The Adept will stick to searching around the perimeter of the house and yard. He does look in each window, but does not enter.

TeeEl
2008-08-26, 10:25 PM
Sakthriss

Sakthriss trudges along stolidly in his heavy armor, bringing up the rear of the group trekking to Thamior's house. Upon noting Egel's concern he shrugs.

"We are not thievess stealing insside in the night; Thamior himsself invited uss here. I ssee no reason not to abide by the city's wishesss, but if you disagree it iss not my place to sstop you."

estradling
2008-08-28, 10:23 AM
Zair

As Riven reaches for the door knob, Zair speaks up, "Remember how the people in the inn acted. Thamior was their protector, mentor, and guide. They are in pain, and ready to lash out at anyone or anything. You are a stranger and to them and totally disregarding their legal and lawful attempts to find their own answers. Assuming they don't lynch you in the street as Thamior's murderer, at the very least they will try to imprison you. How many would you have to maim or kill to kept that from happening? And don't be looking to the rest of us for help, because such an action will pull down problems on us all." Inspite of his words he makes no action to physically stop them.

Snowfall
2008-08-28, 01:21 PM
Riven

Riven looks back at Zair, consternation clearly written on his face, "You're making an awful lot of assumptions there about people you don't know, my friend. Especially when we were told by everyone in the inn that if we wanted to be helpful, we should try to find something that they missed. And if Thamior's not dead, would you really want a sign to keep you from helping him?" Seeing that several of the other are ready to follow him in, Riven opens the door and peers in.

estradling
2008-08-28, 01:30 PM
Zair

"The people in charge posted the note on the door, clearly stating their intent and desires. The people in the inn are desperate but not in charge. Admittedly I am assuming the reaction of desperate people whose authority and power you are trouncing, but I don't think it is that far off. "

SensFan
2008-08-29, 08:53 PM
The door, which looks like it might have been forced open, is unlocked. Opening the door, anyone who looks inside can immediately see that the place is a complete mess, which things alll over the place.

Snowfall
2008-08-30, 07:28 PM
Riven

Riven turns to look back at the others, "It looks like the house has been ransacked." He steps into the house to let others take a look, while his eyes scan around the room.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

AngelForm
2008-08-31, 04:56 AM
Egel

Looking at Sakthriss Egel says “By your leave then.”
Moving towards the door he calls to his companion “Blitz, think id like your nose on this.”
The pair move into the building after Riven “So what are we looking for?” Blitz puts in as he begins exercising his senses. Egel scans the room, needing only the dimmest of illumination “anything out of the ordinary” after thinking a moment he raises his voice slightly so the rest of the group can hear “but don’t touch anything you don’t recognise, this is the home of an alchemist after all.”

Egel
Spot [roll0]
listen [roll1]
search [roll2]
Low-light Vision

Blitz
Spot [roll3]
listen [roll4]
search [roll5]
Blindsenses, Keen senses

Mathis
2008-09-02, 02:15 PM
Brannox

Brannox just mopes as the door opens, revealing the complete mess the state of the house is. After the initial shock of the discovery has worn off, terror freezes him still. "How could Thamior survive this?" He thought, he knew that this was either the work of someone involved in a fight, or a search. Whichever it turned out to be, Thamior was in grave danger.

Brannox takes afew hesitant steps inside. Entering a house without someone's invitation felt awkward to him, as if he was not wanted. It was well known back North that Brannox never liked being inside, especially not in tiny rooms.

Just before picking up a small item laying on the floor, he listens to Egel and decides not to touch anything afterall. Instead he raises a hand to his sword, keeping a hand on the grip, ready to draw if anything out of the ordinary decides to jump at them. Silently, and gracefully as a mountain-lion, he walks around the room, just keeping one eye on the mess, and the other on the rest of the rooms.

Brannox takes 10 on Spot and Search, for a total of 10 on each.

SensFan
2008-09-02, 06:21 PM
Riven, Egel, Blitz, Riven only!While the house is in complete disarray, it appears as though absolutely nothing was damaged in any way. Everything appears to have been spread out all over the place, but very carefully and methodically.
Egel only!You think the house is normally fairly neat, but has been very thoroughly searched.

estradling
2008-09-03, 09:46 AM
Zair

Not in total agreement with searching the house Zair remains outside and watches for trouble.

He is playing lookout

[roll0] he's got darkvision

[roll1]

Snowfall
2008-09-03, 10:10 PM
Riven

Riven begins to slowly step through the house, "Well, someone took a great deal of care in making this mess."

Looking up at the others he says, "I'm not sure where to start. If you were a wizard leaving clues, where would you put them? Anybody can see magic?"

He'll move into the house slowly, searching. Can you describe the layout?

SensFan
2008-09-04, 09:25 PM
The layout of the house is fairly basic. The doorway is a 15x5 hallway, which leads into the main room. The room looks to be about 50x50, with stairs leading up in the far corner. You don't see any other doors on this floor.

Mathis
2008-09-05, 05:17 PM
Brannox

"Well, if I was a brilliant wizard I'd probably leave some clues where I spent most my time, like my study, or sleeping-room."

Brannox does not wait for an answer, he walks upstairs and strides through the second floor, looking for the sleeping-quarters.

Snowfall
2008-09-05, 08:18 PM
Riven

"Wait up!" Riven calls to Brannox. He heads up the stairs after the warrior, with his globe of light floating over his shoulder.

Mathis
2008-09-11, 04:39 PM
For everyone:

Well, who are we waiting for here?

SensFan
2008-09-13, 05:32 PM
The second floor is about as big as the first floor, and just as messy. There is a bed in the far corner, the sheets in a tangled ball on the floor. A drawer has been emptied all over the ground in another corner. Bookshelves that line the close wall are empty, all of the books having been strewn over the ground.

Mathis
2008-09-15, 05:43 AM
Brannox

Brannox enters the sleeping-quarters warily, Riven probably following close behind. He gives the state of the room a quick glance before he yells down at the others in his booming voice: "Just the same up here! Shall we go back to the town?"

Snowfall
2008-09-16, 09:00 PM
Riven

Riven looks around at the mess with Brannox, uncertain of where to go from here. "I'm worried about the old wizard, but I suppose back to town is the best option."

Benejeseret
2008-09-21, 12:32 PM
((Hi Everyone,

I have returned from an amazing vacation, but unfortunately will not be returning to PbP gaming. The break game me a chance to focus on reorganizing and refocusing my time/life.

I have lots of things I want to take up and shift my time toward, and unfortunately online gaming is one of the things that must be cut to make it all happen.

I really enjoyed my time with you and wish you much enjoyment in future games.

Bene))