PDA

View Full Version : The Oracle would make for a good book

silvadel
2008-08-12, 08:58 PM
A whole book full of the oracle giving snarky predictions to clueless adventurers and what became of it. That could even lay some hints and backstory of many characters in the ootsverse.

Emanick
2008-08-12, 09:35 PM
It could make for a fairly successful webcomic on its own. (Who knows, Rich may give the rights to the Oracle character away to some budding genius on the forum when OotS is over. Not me - I can't draw to save my life. :smalltongue:)
It's not interesting enough to perit Rich's time, though.

Jigsaw Forte
2008-08-12, 09:45 PM
I think the oracle would make for a fairly boring character, actually.

I mean, he always knows what's going to happen, he hangs out in a tower all day, and he gets his jollies out of, among other things, getting himself killed in order to activate Belkar's mark, which tends to indicate that **** all happens inside the valley itself.

Who wants to follow THAT kind of life?

Felixaar
2008-08-12, 10:15 PM
People who liked watching Belkar throw up. I don't think that'll ever stop being funny...

SilentNight
2008-08-12, 10:17 PM
People who liked watching Belkar throw up. I don't think that'll ever stop being funny...

I dunno, diseased Belkar looks a leetle bit disturbing.

Zolem
2008-08-12, 10:42 PM
I think the oracle would make for a fairly boring character, actually.

We're also going to watch the heroes in thsi idea and what happens to them. Which could be awesome as they screw themselves over due to the way things were predicted.:smallamused:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-08-13, 06:41 AM
The Oracle could be a good character for a spin-off book, but not how he is right now.

If somehow he lost the power to tell the future, had some kind of adventure where he must leave his tower to go on his spin-off adventure and get some kind of PC class (hopefully monk. There really aren't enough monks) then it could very easily be a good spin-off book. The oracle knows he has a fan-base, he might do do it. :smalltongue:

only1doug
2008-08-13, 07:11 AM
The Oracle could be a good character for a spin-off book, but not how he is right now.

If somehow he lost the power to tell the future, had some kind of adventure where he must leave his tower to go on his spin-off adventure and get some kind of PC class (hopefully monk. There really aren't enough monks) then it could very easily be a good spin-off book. The oracle knows he has a fan-base, he might do do it. :smalltongue:

there is a reason (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87261) for the monk shortage you know :P

David Argall
2008-08-13, 12:31 PM
The Oracle is a fine support character, but that is just what he is. Even if you had a book with him as the central character, the chief interest would be the people asking questions, their answers, and what happened to them.

Linkavitch
2008-08-13, 12:33 PM
Maybe a short section in the back of a book, but not a whole book on it's own.