PDA

View Full Version : Thievery Domain

DareTheRogue
2008-08-13, 11:32 AM
Thievery Domain

Granted Power: Choose 2 as class skills: Disable Device, Move Silently, Open Lock, Search, Sleight of Hand or Tumble.

1 Knock: Opens locked or magically sealed door.
2 Locate Object: Senses direction toward object (specific or type).
3 Shrink Item: Object shrinks to one-sixteenth size.
4 Glibness: You gain +30 bonus on Bluff checks, and your lies can escape magical discernment.
5 Leomund’s Secret Chest: Hides expensive chest on Ethereal Plane; you retrieve it at will.
6 Mislead: Turns you invisible and creates illusory double.
7 Discern Location: Exact location of creature or object.
8 Moment of Prescience: You gain insight bonus on single attack roll, check, or save.
9 Time Stop: You act freely for 1d4+1 rounds.

This domain was created for the purpose of gaining a cleric some skills, now it is a major domain in our game world. One of the mechanics introduced was every player gained a domain, not the spells unless a arcane or divine caster, of their deity and the granted power. Clerics thus gained 3 domains and everyone else gained 1. There are ways to manifest your domain spells, and a feat that gives you the ability to cast each once as a daily power as though you were a cleric equal your level. But we have a mostly neutral party, the rogue took this domain, the halfling sorc took it and so did our cleric

Faithless
2008-08-13, 12:33 PM
Not sure if you are aware but there is an Avarice domain.

I like the indea of giving everyone a domain though. It makes what god you choose more important.

DareTheRogue
2008-08-13, 01:01 PM
A few tweaks to the spell list as to not over power it.

Thievery Domain

Granted Power: Choose 2 as class skills: Disable Device, Move Silently, Open Lock, Search, Sleight of Hand or Tumble.

1 Sticky Fingers: You get +10 on Sleight of Hand checks.
2 Knock: Opens locked or magically sealed door.
3 Shrink Item: Object shrinks to one-sixteenth size.
4 Nondetection: Hides subject from divination, scrying.
5 Leomund’s Secret Chest: Hides expensive chest on Ethereal Plane; you retrieve it at will.
6 Mislead: Turns you invisible and creates illusory double.
7 Discern Location: Exact location of creature or object.
8 Moment of Prescience: You gain insight bonus on single attack roll, check, or save.
9 Time Stop: You act freely for 1d4+1 rounds.

I was not aware of this domain, Avarice, as it is not in any Book I own or the Crystal Keep documents I have, nor suggested to me.

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-13, 01:48 PM
What does the Avarice Domain do? I really like this domain (I'd like to try playing as a Cloistered Cleric/Rogue, and this would mean I wouldn't have to play as a Kobold (I'd still need to Apprentice feat to get a couple of extra class skills, though). Would this Domain grant Trapfinding is Search and Disable Device were taken as skills?

DareTheRogue
2008-08-13, 01:51 PM
That is possible but it isn't a "Rogue Domain" it is a Thief domain, thus I don't see you gaining the benefit of Trapfinding as the Granted power is very nice already.

We were attempting to weed out Atheists in the PCs.

Faithless
2008-08-13, 01:51 PM
http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/domain.pl?Avarice

DareTheRogue
2008-08-13, 01:56 PM
Yeah we don't have any forgotten realms material, nor is it in crystal keep. And personally I like my build now...

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-13, 01:57 PM
Thanks (I was wondering because the Kobold Domain grants Search and Disable Device as well as Trapfinding as class skills). The problem with using a Kobold is that they are ridiculously underpowered, and not all DMs would be likely to let me use my fix (-2 Str and Con, +2 Dex and Cha, 30 ft. movement, 60 ft. Darkvision and +2 to all Search Trapmaking and Mining checks). That Domain is quite interresting, Faithless.

DareTheRogue
2008-08-13, 02:00 PM
For a Kobold use this.Kobold Variant Rules (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a)

DareTheRogue
2008-08-13, 02:07 PM
Kobold Ideas

Cloistered Cleric 3/Rogue 2/Temple Raider of Olidammara 10
Domains: Knowledge, Thievery, Trickery
Deity: Olidammara

You have 4 domains and you finish out levels as a Cleric

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-13, 02:10 PM
I've seen that fix before thanks (I thought it still looked horrendous). To be honest, I hate the idea of multi-classing and I'm not really into PrCs, which is woy I'd sooner just play as a CC with some stealth and anti-trap skills.

DareTheRogue
2008-08-13, 02:12 PM
Kobold Ideas

Cloistered Cleric 20
Domains: Knowledge, Thievery, Kobold
Deity: ________
You gained Search and Disable Device from Kobold and Open Lock and Tumble from Thievery and All knowledges from Knowledge. plus 6+int skills.

DareTheRogue
2008-08-13, 02:14 PM
Kobold, Earth
(a kobold with an
ancestor from the
Elemental Plane of
Earth)
(UA p17)
(RotD p39)+
(wRotD2)+
–2 Str
–2 Con
Sorcerer • Small Size
• 30’ Movement
• Darkvision 60’
• +1 Natural Armor bonus to AC
• Craft (trapmaking) always in-class
• +4 Racial bonus on Craft(trapmaking),
Profession(miner), & Search checks.
• Light Sensitivity: –1 to Attack rolls, Spot
checks, & Search checks in bright light
• Also has the (dragonblood) subtype.
• Natural Weapons – 2 claws (1d3) & 1 bite (1d3).
• Automatic proficiency with Light & Heavy Picks.
• Weapon Familiarity – Greatpick is considered a
Martial Weapon.
• +1 Racial bonus on attacks vs. creatures with the (air)
subtype.
• –2 penalty on all saving throws vs. the spell, spell-
like abilities, & supernatural abilities that have the
(air) subtype or are generated by creatures with the
(air) subtype.
• Stability - +4 bonus on checks to avoid being Bull
Rushed or Tripped while standing on the ground.

DareTheRogue
2008-08-13, 02:15 PM
And you may be able to toss in the Stonecunning ability...

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-13, 02:16 PM
That is kind of what I was thinking of (I'd go with Trickery and Kobold Domains while getting Move Silently and Open Lock from the Apprentice feat). I was thinking of making a separate Trap Domain for non-Kobolds, though.

DareTheRogue
2008-08-13, 02:17 PM
Very possible

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-13, 02:38 PM
I'll think up some spells for the Trap Domain later before posting them here (I'll be going for things which both deal with traps and trap other creatures, and it will grant Trapfinding with Search and Disable Device as class skills).

DareTheRogue
2008-08-13, 02:40 PM
Trap Domain

Granted Ability: Gain Search and Disable Device as Class Skills. Gain Trapfinding.

1 Create Trap: Creates a CR 1 trap.
2 Gembomb†M: Gem becomes a bomb that deals 1d8 force damage/2 levels.
3 Glyph of Warding M: Inscription harms those who pass it. X
4 Fire Trap M: Opened object deals 1d4 +1/level damage.
5 Passwall: Creates passage through wood or stone wall.
6 Contingency(F): Sets trigger condition for another spell.
7 Guards and Wards: Array of magical effects protects area.
8 Spell MatrixF: Stores up to two spells of 3rd level or lower to be released later.
9 Foresight: “Sixth sense” warns of impending danger.

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-13, 02:45 PM
Thanks.:smallsmile:I was thinking of using Knock and Detect Snare for levels 2 and 1, though). Apart from Contingency and Spell Matrix, that's quite agood selection (I'll think of something to replace those with tomorrow).

DareTheRogue
2008-08-13, 02:47 PM
I would use detect snare at 2. and both Spell Matrix and Contingency can go for something else but it is nice, if you could post what you change cause it may make another good one to add to our campaign

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-14, 12:47 AM
Personally, I'd use most of the spells on your list with the following exceptions:

1: Detect Snares.
2: Knock.
6: Wall of Iron.
8: Maze.

Create Trap would still work, but I thought Detect Snares would be more useful.