PDA

View Full Version : A tiny bit of speculation[Spoiler]

Morty
2008-08-13, 02:02 PM
Everyone has got their crazy theories, it's time I've made one to.
So, back in #548 Redcloak said that they're working on estabilishing trade routes with some "more mercenary nations out there". Now, I think everyone would agree that citizenry of Greysky City look like people who wouldn't mind making deals with goblins as long as it's profitable. So what do you think are the odds of Haley, Celia and Belkar running into some hobgoblins in Greysky, thus discovering that Redcloak is up to something more?

Lord_Butters_I
2008-08-13, 04:11 PM
Hmm... easily connected to established plotlines and indicative of a dormant one. I like it.

AceOfFools
2008-08-13, 05:22 PM
That is... surprisingly plausible...

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-08-13, 05:33 PM
Well, there were some boxes from Greysky City, so I would imagine that they already have some kind of trade going on over there.

So yeah, I think there could be some goblins there.

NerfTW
2008-08-13, 06:16 PM
That's not really a crazy theory.

Strip #514. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0514.html) Read the crates.

Occasional Sage
2008-08-13, 06:32 PM
Very nice catch, I hadn't considered that!

David Argall
2008-08-13, 08:04 PM
There really isn't much that Redcloak is doing that the party doesn't already know or care about. And Redcloak doesn't really know or care about the party either. Both are focused on the next gate and Azure City is just a diversion until they are ready to move.

Morty
2008-08-14, 05:50 AM
There really isn't much that Redcloak is doing that the party doesn't already know or care about. And Redcloak doesn't really know or care about the party either. Both are focused on the next gate and Azure City is just a diversion until they are ready to move.

Redcloak is focued on moving on to the next gate, yes, but before he does that he wants to estabilish a reliable goblin nation in former Azure City and purposedly lies to Xykon in order to achieve that, which OoTS might or might not know. If they don't, I doubt Haley and Celia will like it if they discover that Redcloak is planning to turn AC into a goblin state.

Linkavitch
2008-08-14, 01:44 PM
Everyone has got their crazy theories, it's time I've made one to.
So, back in #548 Redcloak said that they're working on estabilishing trade routes with some "more mercenary nations out there". Now, I think everyone would agree that citizenry of Greysky City look like people who wouldn't mind making deals with goblins as long as it's profitable. So what do you think are the odds of Haley, Celia and Belkar running into some hobgoblins in Greysky, thus discovering that Redcloak is up to something more?

Nice plot...easily integrated...probably plausible...I like it!

Lupy
2008-08-14, 03:04 PM
This is the best theory I have seen in months. You get a cookie M0rt. :smallsmile: