PDA

View Full Version : Crytpids in the Playground II

Lerky
2008-08-13, 02:11 PM
A moment to tell you why I made this thread again: Recently I came across a video and I want people to discuss it as well as other things down the road.
Now the explain cryptids to new people: In the study of cryptozoology, a cryptid is any creature whose existence has been suggested but not proven scientifically. The term cryptid applies to presumed biological entities such as the Yeti, Sasquatch, Champ, the Loch Ness Monster, and Mokele-mbembe.
now the video:
it is a video of the alleged chupacabra. A decesed version was found in this same town not so long ago and now there's even more proof (http://gmy.news.yahoo.com/v/9256876)

this thread is so we maybe able to piece together what these creatures are and learn what this is all about. More videos/pictures from, not only, me but other thread members would be helpful for any cryptid.

Fostire
2008-08-13, 08:27 PM
Why did you not post the video on the other thread?

EDIT: I just saw the video and that looks like a coyote to me. On the video they say that it was the chupacabra because it had short front legs and a long snout, the snout didn't look abnormally long to me and the short legs could be nothing more than a disease or perhaps an odd coyote-dog crossbreed.

Also i thought the chupacabra was supposed to have spikes on its back.

de-trick
2008-08-13, 10:56 PM
not sure if someone posted this in the old one, but look bigfoot (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24179242-2,00.html)

i wonder if it turns out to be real or fake

Tempest Fennac
2008-08-14, 02:38 AM
I heard that tests showed that those creatures were just diseased coyotes. Also, I made a mistake on the other thread; the Dogon tribe apparently got advanced knowlege of Sirius from the Nommos rather then Nomons (I get the name mixed up for some reason).

Serpentine
2008-08-14, 03:21 AM
Ah, the Dogons... Now where was it that I read that 'twere all a load of hogwash and misinformation? Human origins and UFOs don't come under cryptozoology, anyway. Also: Took me a bit to notice the typo in the title >.<

Fostire
2008-08-14, 08:03 AM
I heard that tests showed that those creatures were just diseased coyotes.
Yeah, that's what i read on the wikipedia entry for the chupacabra when i was confirming that it was indeed supposed to have spikes, also it is supposedly reptilian.

On bigfoot: I saw that info too. We'll be getting more info on that tomorrow it seems.
I'm hoping it's real, just because it'll be really cool if one of these mythic creatures turns out to exist.

AKA_Bait
2008-08-14, 08:49 AM
Yeah, that's what i read on the wikipedia entry for the chupacabra when i was confirming that it was indeed supposed to have spikes, also it is supposedly reptilian.

Yep. That thing weren't no chupacabra. Among the news stories I found indicated that the frozen corpse of one that was found has been sent for DNA testing and that scientists looking at it think it was probably either a diseased coyote or a coyote/grey fox crossbreed. Both of those seem more plausable. From that video, and the corpse, the creature (probably different creatures with different origins) was clearly a canid and not a reptile.

Shraik
2008-08-14, 06:15 PM
the link sent me to a video of a kid with a guitar...