PDA

View Full Version : Items that give + Int?

Roythebattousai
2008-08-13, 02:40 PM
Where can I find a list of some of these?

So far all I've found is the Headband of Intellect

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-08-13, 02:48 PM
DMG:

Scarlet and blue Ioun Stone.
Tome of Clear Thought.

monty
2008-08-13, 02:49 PM
Make sure you remember that bonuses of the same type don't stack, so if you have, say, a +4 Headband of Intellect, anything else that gives an enhancement bonus won't do anything unless it's greater than +4.

Dhavaer
2008-08-13, 04:42 PM
If you (somehow) get your DM to allow you use of the Book of Erotic Fantasy, the Rod of the Erotic Spirit and the Orbs of Enlightenment will increase the Intelligence bonus you get from the Tantric feat, which is in the same book.

CASTLEMIKE
2008-08-13, 04:46 PM
FRCS Shining South The Great Elixir 5% chance of +2d4 to Int or Char. Slim chance with a Deck of Many Things.

LongVin
2008-08-13, 05:06 PM
If you (somehow) get your DM to allow you use of the Book of Erotic Fantasy, the Rod of the Erotic Spirit and the Orbs of Enlightenment will increase the Intelligence bonus you get from the Tantric feat, which is in the same book.

Now that will be a very, very awkward conversation.

Hal
2008-08-13, 05:52 PM

I'm dying to crack some jokes about THAT one (should you automatically get orbs in pairs?), but I don't think I want to get banned.

Dhavaer
2008-08-13, 06:31 PM
I'm dying to crack some jokes about THAT one (should you automatically get orbs in pairs?), but I don't think I want to get banned.

They wouldn't be jokes, they'd be accurate descriptions. Both items actually are magical sex toys.

Hal
2008-08-13, 06:32 PM
They wouldn't be jokes, they'd be accurate descriptions. Both items actually are magical sex toys.

. . . Wow, I'd heard that book was wild, but man.

Can you imagine seeing someone charge into a fight with THAT?

Dhavaer
2008-08-13, 08:08 PM
. . . Wow, I'd heard that book was wild, but man.

Can you imagine seeing someone charge into a fight with THAT?

You don't use them in combat. The Tantric feat, and the others like it, require you to have sex for a certain amount of time (20 minutes per feat, up to a maximum of an hour) and give you a +2 bonus to an ability (Intelligence for Tantric) for 24 hours. The Orbs and the Rod improve the bonus; they're only used when you're getting it, you don't have to carry them around after.

Hal
2008-08-13, 10:14 PM
You don't use them in combat. The Tantric feat, and the others like it, require you to have sex for a certain amount of time (20 minutes per feat, up to a maximum of an hour) and give you a +2 bonus to an ability (Intelligence for Tantric) for 24 hours. The Orbs and the Rod improve the bonus; they're only used when you're getting it, you don't have to carry them around after.

Yes, but they'd make one heckuvan improvised weapon.

AstralFire
2008-08-13, 10:15 PM
This line of conversation has managed to thoroughly x_x me.

monty
2008-08-13, 10:19 PM

Yes, I'm going to "enlighten" the sorceress with my "orbs," if you know what I mean.

Dhavaer
2008-08-13, 10:25 PM

Not really. The Rod probably isn't more than a foot and a half long, and the Orbs are about the size of marbles.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-08-13, 10:26 PM
Not really. The Rod probably isn't more than a foot and a half long, and the Orbs are about the size of marbles.If you're not impressed by an 18-inch rod, then I'm worried. :smallwink:

monty
2008-08-13, 10:27 PM
If you're not impressed by an 18-inch rod, then I'm worried. :smallwink:

That's what she said!

Dhavaer
2008-08-13, 10:27 PM
If you're not impressed by an 18-inch rod, then I'm worried. :smallwink:

It's double-ended.

Hal
2008-08-13, 11:01 PM
Not really. The Rod probably isn't more than a foot and a half long, and the Orbs are about the size of marbles.

Yes, but imagine someone trying to beat you to death with the, ahem, "rod."

And my utmost apologies to the OP for ruining his thread.

Mr Pants
2008-08-13, 11:14 PM

Idk, after the oots strip about Hinjo's junk, somehow I don't think you'd get in much trouble for that.

Dhavaer
2008-08-14, 05:13 AM
Yes, but imagine someone trying to beat you to death with the, ahem, "rod."

You'd have better luck with the Rod of the Erotic Body, which is described as 'rock hard', whereas the Spirit rod is described as 'slightly flexible'.

Knaight
2008-08-14, 12:03 PM
Way too much information.

nargbop
2008-08-17, 11:08 AM
AHEM. Improving Intelligence. Right!

The Magic Item Compendium has rules for adding ability bonusses to any magic item, page 234. These are all enhancement bonusses.

I believe they very carefully NEVER published any bonusses to ability scores that weren't either enhancement, inherent (like the Tome of Clear Thought) or untyped (like the increases you get from levels). It keeps the optimizers from having ridiculous ability scores.

Some classes grant untyped ability bonusses, like the War Hulk from Miniatures Handbook. I doubt a similar Intelligence increase was published by Wizards of the Coast.

There are a very small number of races and templates that improve Intelligence. I once played a Spellwarped creature (with DM's permission) , and it was fun for other reasons.

Chronos
2008-08-17, 01:01 PM
Some classes grant untyped ability bonusses, like the War Hulk from Miniatures Handbook. I doubt a similar Intelligence increase was published by Wizards of the Coast.None as large as the War Hulk's strength bonus, but there are a few classes which give smaller Int boosts. Dragon Shaman eventually gives you +2, and several of the racial paragon classes in Unearthed Arcana also give a +2 boost.

There's also the Chameleon, which gives a bonus of up to +6 to an ability score, and it's a competence bonus. So far as I know, that's the only competence bonus to an ability score anywhere in any of the books, so it'd stack with everything.

Swooper
2008-08-17, 02:47 PM
Dragon Shaman eventually gives you +2
I'm not seeing this one. Maybe you're confusing it with Dragon Disciple? They get an inherent +2 to int at 8th level.

Chronos
2008-08-17, 04:07 PM
Yeah, that's what I meant. I just confused the completely-sucky dragon class with the only-mostly-sucky one.